Reviews of The Langham Hong Kong 5 stars

8 Peking Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

#16 of 272 hotels in Hong Kong

Based on 2035 hotel reviews

• Superior City View King Room

Shower was a disappointment with poor water pressure and changing temperature. We had no view from our window - office building opposite so we kept the curtains closed which made us feel boxed in. Also slight smell of smoke on linen and towels off putting and problematic for my health (asthmatic)

Room service and related staff were excellent - knowledgeable and helpful. The pool facilities and staff were of a high standard right up until our departure at 11pm one evening. Breakfast in the dining room a very pleasant experience - the staff incredibly attentive. We found our check out excellent as well as concierge.

• Deluxe City View King Room

The Team at Langham are very friendly and professional, nothing is a bother to them they are only too happy to help. I am not sure of the young ladies name but she served us in the bar area on Sunday 3rd June and Monday 4th June and she was wonderful. She remembered our order from the previous day and went above and beyond to ensure we received everything we asked for.

• Deluxe City View King Room

I like the room and bathroom. It is very bright. Only one problem is that I booked and requested the city view but the room we have got, the view is blocked by the next building, I saw nothing but the building face to my window and I complained to the reception, they said that I chose the city view and this room is with the city view (not ok at all)

• Superior Courtyard View Twin Room

Large, and very busy lobby area that was hustling and bustling at all times. Was hoping for something a bit more intimate feeling

Beautiful rooms, nice and helpful staff. Marco Lee gave my friend and I helpful concierge service when booking a Sunset Cruise, as well as tickets to the museum's in area

• Deluxe Courtyard View King Room

The airconditioning blew cold air right over the bed. I switched it off to avoid waking up with very tense muscles or a cold. I was concerned that the room would get very warm due to the high temperature outside, but in the end it was fine.

Excellent service, as you would expect from a property in this segment, but it's always nice to see a hotel that lives up to expectations. I had requested an early check-in after my flight (landing at 08:00 am) and they were able to meet the request. I could go straight in and have a shower and change into fresh clothes before my first meeting. The bed was super comfortable and the breakfast very elaborate and tasty. Staff there was excellent as well.

• Superior Courtyard View King Room

We went down to Breakfast at 10am and we told it finished at 10.30 - fair enough we thought we have half an hour so plenty of time. We would have if the staff hadn't started packing everything away at 10.10am and it was an effort for them to get you anything that wasn't already out - well I'm sorry when I'm paying that much for my breakfast and I want marmalade, then apricot jam just won't do !! To be fair we did mention this when checking at and only ended up paying for 1 breakfast which was nice.

Love love the bed - so comfy!! And the pillow choices are so lovely too! Like all the bottles of water offered to you - when you first arrive and when they come to turn down your bed - nice touch.

• Deluxe Courtyard View King Room

Nothing I really have no complain.

Great location, near MTR station, near Kowloon bay with a nice view to HK, clean and spacious room, modern and clean design.

• Superior Courtyard View Twin Room

My wife and I stay at the Langham as a treat for our last night in The East after a business trip to China Mainland. It is our unwind time, and walking into the hotel and met with the familiar scent it immediately starts our time in Hong Kong as an exhale. This time, Noel made an extra effort to make our stay even more special by sending a rose to our room after my wife remarked on how lovely the roses were earlier that day. The fruit and chocolates are always an extra treat, and the comfortable, clean well designed rooms leave nothing to be changed. The use of the gym bathrooms after checkout was the original drawcard for us a few years ago as our return flights are always midnight. Looking forward to our next stay...

• Superior City View King Room

Nothing. It's a great hotel!

It felt and was 5 star and a real treat. The staff were cheerful, helpful and little touches - like remembering my birthday and leaving a cake in my room plus a personalised welcome message from Ricci - really set it apart

• Deluxe City View King Room

Meals - even in the cafe - are VERY expensive. Not good value. I was also promised a room with a “city view” but had a high rise right in front of me, so had to keep the curtains closed.

The staff are lovely - very helpful.

• Deluxe City View King Room

The hotel exceeded our expectations in every way. The room (deluxe city view king) is fabulous, the property superbe and the breakfast fresh. But most of all, the staff is excellent. Certainly Carrie, one of the Senior Assistant Managers made our stay unforgettable.

• Deluxe City View King Room

to be a bit picky, breakfast was a bit disappointing in the Palm Court.

the hotel is very beautiful. staff very attentive,polite and friendly. Room was a good size with everything one needs and more. Superbly appointed bathroom. All in all a fabulous hotel . Would definitely go back.

• Superior City View King Room

The shower was the worse we had ever had, it was hot then cold it took 3 x the time to shower. International plug converter very difficult.

Very central. Hotel room very quiet. Marble bathroom nice. Cleaning staff very friendly.

• Deluxe City View King Room

Can't think of much I didn't like, although blue toilet water is a bit of a shock. So, just a tiny thing, the hotel runs like clockwork.

The service and staff are extremely good and were so helpful in every way. The location was great for getting around but all the large 'luxury' shops nearby meant it could be anywhere in the world - the 'real' Hong Kong is on the island side....

• Superior Courtyard View King Room

It’s quite difficult for us to find halal food.

I love the scents once you get into the lobby. Full of flowers. The location is walking distance to Harbour City and many other malls in Tsim Sha Tsui. It’s also very close to Kowloon Park. I was travelling with my husband and our twin toddlers and I love how big our king size bed were. It fits the four of us perfectly and the size of the room is so comfortable. But comparing to the other hotels in Hong Kong, I guess the size of the room is quite big and the bathroom have both bath tub and also shower. Perfect hotel for family.

• Superior City View Twin Room

I very impressed with this stay in HK, especially your service whose name Ricci(at the front desk). She really done her work excellent with a service mind and help us a lot. Because of your crews we gonna came back again next time. You are so lucky to have a crews like this. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• Superior Courtyard View King Room

Everything at this hotel was perfect.

Everything about this hotel is wonderful. The décor, beautiful bedrooms, excellent restaurants and the most wonderful staff they really do go the extra mile to ensure you have a memorable stay.

• Superior City View King Room

we were woke one morning because of drilling in the basement of hotel due to an emergency but hotel staff were superb and treated us very well giving late check out and took breakfasts of the bill to make up for it

• Superior City View King Room

First hotel I’ve ever stayed in with no shaver socket in the bathroom! Hotel costs were very high - example cost for having a pair of socks laundered HK$44.00 - much cheaper to just buy new ones!

Good location, and the hotel staff were excellent.

• Superior City View Twin Room

Just the room card.....we reactivate the card twice during our stay and this brings a tiny inconvenient to us

The staffs are very friendly and willing to help. The room facilities and comfortable are very good indeed

• Superior City View King Room

The weighing scale is not easy to find out in the bathroom. When I called customers services centre to ask, the staff who answered the phone sounds impatient.

Great location, easy to walk to all shopping centers located in Tsim Sha Tsui.

• Deluxe City View King Room

The ambiance of the lobby was reay dull. The overall lighting and ambiance including the hotel’s restaurant was not appealing and was too dimmed. The toilet of our first room was clogged and not flashing.

I like the interior of the room and the bathroom.

• Superior Courtyard View King Room

The decoration and amenities are poorly maintained. And I cannot even get hot water sometimes during the shower. The hotel only redecorated certain floors, and even the lobby seems to be old and outdated.

Great services as the hotel staffs are willing to respond anything we need. And the location is terrific.

• One Bedroom Suite with Executive Access

No salon there. Spa centre was nice but not big enough.

The room was nice and the staff were all polite. Great location in Kowloon side. 24hrs gym. Fantastic Chinese restaurant.

• One Bedroom Suite with Executive Access

Turndown service ,though greatly appreciated,tended to be right at the time of getting ready to go out for the evening.

Loved my suite.Very spacious and comfortable.Loved the subtle yet fashionable colour scheme.Loved the little extras like plenty of bottled water and extra coffee pods.All the staff were friendly,helpful and jovial.

• Deluxe City View King Room

The staff was outstandingly nice and dedicated to make it a pleasant stay. The outdoor pool on the roof is definitely a plus. The location is fantastic. Food was fantastic at the hotel

• Deluxe Courtyard View King Room

My room not being available at 4:00pm when I arrived, being jet lagged after a 12 hour flight from Uk. Then having to wait 1 hour and nobody getting back to me. In the end I had to ask whether my room was ready. The room should have been available from the time I paid for it.

Everything about the architecture is beautiful. It was light and comforting

• Deluxe Courtyard View King Room

Service was impeccable. Rooms very comfortable and cosy. Staff were friendly, helpful and trustworthy. Room service was speedy and the food very good, with a good menu selection.

• Superior City View King Room

shower a little small compared to similar hotels. Quite noisy at night due to outside traffic etc.

exceptional staff. housekeeping staff were especially great. central location. comfy beds.

• Deluxe Courtyard View King Room

It was incredible - we were there for my birthday and I was treated like a celeb. It was fantastic, the staff were so attentive and really looked after us. I was treated for my birthday and really loved our time there.

Nothing!!

Classic style with contemporary touch The rooms are gorgeous and very comfortable (was staying in a deluxe, with little fireplace deco) For the good rate I got through Booking it is excellent value for money in HK The fitness Center over 2 floors, very well equipped The location

• Superior Courtyard View King Room

There was nothing we did not like

Staff extra friendly. Good location. Near park which is great for family and to escape from the crowd. Very big bed so the kid can fit in the middle.

• Superior City View King Room

I stayed at a hotel in Ningbo the night before, just a normal one. It was twice as good and half the price. You are relying on your name and this is not going to last for long, up your game your hotel is over priced and not very good.

The lobby lounge at best..

• Deluxe Courtyard View King Room

Nothing ! I was staying there only one night and will definetely come back on my next trip to HK

Gorgeous hotel. That classic style without being old fashioned. Rooms are very cosy, well decorated and extremely comfy. Very luxurious bathroom Spacious and well equipped fitness Center on 2 floors, with outside pool.

• Superior City View King Room

The breakfast was way above my expectation. This is an old hotel, so the facilities in my room are not very much up-to-date. But still, the room is spacious (compared to most in HK), clean, and cozy. The bed is particularly nice. I had a very good sleep. The staffs are professional and friendly. The location is awesome - being very close to the MTR, the Harbor City (one of the biggest shopping malls in HK) and the HK cultural center (in which I enjoyed a great concert). Would recommend it to friends and families who would like to spend their holidays in HK.

• Superior Courtyard View Twin Room

The hotel is old. They gave us a handicap room that we are not handicap. The airconditioner is poor which makes the room humuid and smell bad.

Convenient to go to eat and shop

• Superior City View King Room

Nothing in particular to dislike.

The style the marble the light fittings. An exceptional introduction to Hong Kong from the Concierge and a private check ine

• Deluxe City View King Room

Cleanliness is superb. For being the member, the hotel added a little touch with soft drinks and cookies which satisfy my kid. Late check out was granted without hesitation. That made our stay just perfect.

• Superior City View King Room

Better soundproofing would be good as the outside noises could be heard easily at night. Makes sleeping a little harder. Shower a little small for a hotel of this standard.

Fantastic staff. Great location next to Harbour City. Room service staff were especially great! Turn down service a nice touch.

• Superior City View King Room

The gap between staffs there is too big. Some are very very good some are very strange something like not trained or ....especially house keeping doesn’t have order...everyday different one day two water , one day four water, which I don’t mind . However some customers complained laoudly in the corridor because of housekeeping couldn’t made during day time, so as us. However we were fine , they were very kind in the end.

Location was very good

• Superior Courtyard View Twin Room

I was only staying one night so didn’t bother with a top quality room but as I had that last time the difference was quite noticeable. This one was a bit jaded, bath had bits out of the enamel and an old fashioned air con system plus the shower was only an overhead one so couldn’t use it if not washing hair.

Staff yet again always so helpful and courteous. Didn’t get to use the pool this time as it was closed for maintenance but they paid for my taxi to their sister hotel The Cordis which had a fabulous pool on the roof with a great view and super facilities.

• Superior Courtyard View Twin Room

The café downstairs had a tired feel, and the menu was "downtown" large servings and very average in concept and quality. Bed mattresses could be just a little firmer.

The location is excellent, staff courteous, and rooms well appointed.

• Superior City View King Room

The room is very smelly, it supposed to be non-smoking hotel but we smell smoke in the hall way. The facility in the room is old.

The location and the service

• Deluxe Courtyard View Twin Room

Only small disappointment were that the pool Was closing for maintenance for over a week and it was one of the main reasons for choosing the hotel with a good size roof top pool but I did get some use and the facilities are superb there. Other slight disappointment was the food and service at the Main St Deli were not great the emphasis seems to be on quantity rather than quality and although the food came fairly quickly no one came to check it was ok - would not recommend the chicken, blue cheese and bacon salad- and we had to get up to ask them to clear our plates and to order dessert and coffee. Court yard view was some concrete and a few plant pots 11 floors down not worth the extra

The build quality is amazing in style and design. Staff were excellent particularly the reception and concierge staff and there were plenty of them never had to wait to be seen. Location is fantastic for the harbour, the subway and of course the shops. Beautiful room with good choice of mini bar and extensive room service menus for any palate and the food we did get from room service was delicious.

• Superior City View King Room

It's not cheap, but you get what you pay for

Great hotel, great location! Very comfortable and luxurious. Very professional and courteous staff in all areas. Definitely recommended, and I will stay here again next time I'm in Hong Kong

• Superior Courtyard View King Room

Nothing as the noise level and smell couldn't make you enjoy anything. Staff was great and the cleaner were good at their job. But it smelled like mould was building up under the carpet. The thin walls and lack of double glazing made the noise unbearable from your neighbours and the main road. We were in room 4.

Nothing except the staff. The noise level and smell couldn't make you enjoy anything. Staff was great and the cleaner were good at their job. But it smelled like mould was building up under the carpet. The thin walls and lack of double glazing made the noise unbearable from your neighbours and the main road.

• Executive King Room with Executive Access

Breakfast closes early. Stayed 2 nights but only had 1 breakfast . I missed once and my wife missed both. Went to club lounge and nothing to eat at 11am except chips and cookies. Should have something available anytime such as cakes, breads. Instant noodles, etc.

Location near shopping

• Executive Twin Room with Executive Access

Wonderful stay , very personalised at the Club level. Would always return to this beautiful hotel. Special thanks to Joyce for her kindness and for being so helpful.

• Superior Courtyard View King Room

The location is excellent if you want to be in Tsim Tsa Shui. Staff is attentive and efficient. The room I was in didnt have a work desk, which is something that I did not expect. But otherwise, the room was wonderful with attention to detail.

• Superior City View King Room

Long lines at check in and check out. Noisy other guests at lobby. Carpeting. No shaver convinience outlet in bathroom!!!! Outfated interiors. Closet doors which swing open and eat up entire hallway. ( should be sliding) whoever designed that????

The buffet breakfast at the lobby. Attentive staff.

• Executive Twin Room with Executive Access

Nothing really. Maybe could invest in better toilet roll.

Very efficient and the staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. The rooms were comfortable and clean. Great hotel and the club lounge was delightful.

• Deluxe Courtyard View Twin Room

Never got invoice for may stay. Sent several requestes but was sent someone else inovoice. Still waiting for it. Not sure what happened with my deposit!

• Superior Courtyard View King Room

Hong Kong in general - too crowded, crazy and is just one big shopping destination for the Chinese. Hard to get a genuine experience

Beautiful hotel, good service, comfortable bed and great pillows!!

• Deluxe City View King Room

Booking reservation was for two and a child but when We arrived we were surprised that it wasnt!! Good thing is the hotel provided extra bed.

Location, staff and room size

• One Bedroom Suite with Executive Access

Food! the food at the restaurants is not good at all. for the Hotel standards and service level, the food at the restaurant very disapointing. Also, the Chefs at the restaurants have refused, ALL OF THEM, to make us a simple vegetable soup when we felt sick. The F& B manager had to get involved and nearly cook the soup himself for us! inacceptable such reckless behavior toward hotel clients!

Brian, the Club Manager and Steven The Head Concierge are exceeding in their professionalism. outstanding professionals that I recommend for making your stay and your trip to HK amazing.

• Superior Courtyard View King Room

The room is a bit small, not bad but could be larger. The concierge desk is okay but not excellent.

Excellent lobby bar with nice piano music. Stunning lobby, tastefully decorated.

• Superior City View King Room

they should have a few non beef /pork options in the momos and baos! preferably chicken , lamb and shrimp .

the fresh fruit assortment, the fresh juices , the smoked salmon , momos, assorted danish etc

• Superior Courtyard View Twin Room

No airport express shuttle drop off. Had to walk with big luggages all the way from Marco Polo Hongkong to the hotel. The lobby is quite dark.

Location near Harbour City and MTR

• Superior City View King Room

The rooms were quite dated and for a highly rated hotel expected better room Amenities . I think they need some renovation to upgrade room facilities

The staff was good and the location was great ! Close to many places and accessible via MTR and taxis etc ..

• Superior City View King Room

Breakfast was very crowded and there was quite a long wait before I was escorted to my table, this is quite normal for hotels in Hong Kong, but you loose the sense of a 5 star hotel with such big crowd.

Excellent staff, super accommodating and attentive. Also the hotel is beautiful with high cleanliness standards and greatly connected to the subway and city center.

• Superior City View King Room

Great location with DFS next door, and Harbour City across the street. Room is quite big considering HK standard. In-room facilities are nice and certainly met my expectation. City view is just the building across the street, but that's acceptable. A very good choice for people coming to do some shopping.

• Superior Courtyard View Twin Room

We booked a king bed and was given a twin room after complaining we were finally given a king bedded room which was tiny. There was no place to put our suit cases and it had window from the bathroom into the bedroom which looked straight onto the bed. Terrible I don't want to see my partner when he's in the bathroom!

The hotel is very central and perfect for a couple of nights, the staff are very friendly. The hotel has a wonderful buffet lunch/dinner it's a a tad expensive but well worth the money.

• Superior Courtyard View Twin Room

Classy joint set back in the early 1900's, makes you feel like you are there, brilliant place. I always stay there whenever i'm in Honkers on Kowloon side (close to ferry port).

• Superior City View King Room

City view room was looking at another hotel and hair dryer was weak.

The friendliness and personal approach from the staff very dedicated and professional made to feel very welcome

• Deluxe Courtyard View King Room

The breakfest cost a lot and the return is bad compare to the price ! In shenzhen Langham ten times more better food. The view in my room was bad :( but I guess other rooms have better views , the price is high comparing to my other hotel in hk that I preferred in Kowloon so not really worth moving to this hotel as my regular one . But it is a good hotel in the end not bad one and can be good choice for you

Langham hotel have a certain charm that I like. , good rooms comparing to hk , great location , nice staff , and really quality hotel

• Deluxe Courtyard View King Room

View out window was a roof alley. The worst I have ever seen (not the garden view I was promised). I get that discount deals get less, but this was really bad (could not open curtains).

• Deluxe City View Twin Room

I was notified of 4 price increases in 2 days due to “pricing errors”, definitely out of line for a 5*hotel. This constant disturbance really put a damper on my holiday. Upon checkin, the queue was unacceptably long, and the managers in suits were curt brusque and unfriendly. The girls behind the counter were efficient, but it just made for a very unpleasant stay. I was also not given welcome wine , which is a benefit of my loyalty card.

• One Bedroom Suite with Executive Access

Although the Club allow kids under 12 years old to stay complimentary, we have to pay for their Club access & extra bed without prior notice when we booked. It's better to communicate clearly from beginning.

Highly recommend the T'ang Court restaurant, a Cantonese cuisine restaurant at the 1st floor of the hotel, which has 3 Michelin star. Booking in advance is a must. We enjoy the T'ang tasting appetizer very much.

• Superior Courtyard View King Room

There was not one thing that I could complain about except that our holiday was too short.

Everything was just perfect for us, we had a very happy stay , thank you. I'm sorry if you would like about 200 letters written but there is only so much one can say when everything at the Langham Hotel Hong Kong, was perfect.

• Superior City View King Room

The hotel was so busy - it was quite chaotic. Tables at breakfast were so close to each other, there was always a queue to check in and check out. Not the quiet luxury I was hoping for this time

Wonderful walking back into the Langham, it is luxurious

The Staffs are very helpful and kind, in term of service, it is top notch!!!! However the 3 Michelin Stars Chinese Restaurant is abit overrated. Nevertheless, food is still goo.

• Superior Courtyard View Twin Room

Stayed here before. The Langham for us is in a great position and only a short walk to the MTR and Star Ferry. The lobby area is lovely, all the staff we dealt with were very polite and went out of their way to help us. Room was good.

Nothing to dislike, since hotel is not in the waterfront there is no view of the harbour but I know this from previous visit.

Classy upmarket hotel with great service, good beds, fantastic breakfast, great location

• Superior City View King Room

Very spacious-many Hong Kong rooms are small. Easy walk to Star Ferry. Good service. Price is high but most of Hong Kong is expensive. Great restaurants nearby on the harbour at good prices

• Superior City View King Room

• Pricey f&b •The awful musty smell on the 5th floor corridor •The carpet in the room seemed also old and was dirty.

•Very polite and professional staff. •Hotel location •Room comfort •Excellent breakfast •Gym

Browse The Langham Hong Kong traveller photo gallery