Reviews of Regal Riverside Hotel 4 stars

34-36 Tai Chung Kiu Road, Shatin, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

#225 of 290 hotels in Hong Kong

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Stay was great, would stay here again. Lots of nice places to eat within walking distance to!
    • Superior Room

WiFi limited to 2 devices. I found this a bit odd. It’s 2018, people have more than 2 devices, laptops, tablets, phones...So having to ration WiFi this day in age between multiple devices was a bit silly.

Room was spacious had everything we needed working blow dryer, iron etc. Checkin process was smooth even booking and arriving from abroad. Location was perfect in Shatin HK, lots of little restaurants nearby.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

The smell is pungent since the room is newly decorated.
    • Superior Room

The smell is pungent since the room is newly decorated. Curtains have poor shading and I wake up early. The front desk does not answer the phone. I booked an extra-large single-bed room but the hotel arranged a twin room with two small beds for me. I am really disappointed with the room arrangement.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Okay
    • Superior Room

The free shuttle bus to the town centre was not available to us. There were no complimentary toiletries in our room; just 1 soap and ample toilet paper.

Comfortable and pleasant stay
    • Superior Room

Hotel is tired and aged; e.g. room curtains and blinds need to be replaced; bathroom needs rework—no exhaust fan means very steamy bathroom because of hotel instruction to keep door closed so steam didn’t set off smoke alarm!! 😱 Food at restaurant overpriced.

Very comfortable; accessible, good location; very clean; staff courteous and helpful. All these pluses compensated for negatives

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Fb are acceptable in the restaurants outside .
    • Superior Room

When checked in reception put me from Superior room to standard room which small a lot especially the bed is not Kong size for 2 people, although they free us executive breakfast which nothing good to eat. So I wonder the room typed confirmed by you could be downgraded?

Fb are acceptable in the restaurants outside .

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

The Italian restaurant attached to the hotel was okay.
    • Executive Club Double Room

The room we booked was an executive room and the image showed a sofa but there wasn't one. Also, the hotel advertised that all executive rooms had a sea or mountain view. Whilst there was a view of a raised hill I would describe our view as disappointing (not that we were overly bothered ourselves). The greatest disappointment was the executive lounge. It's not like you might expect in other places. The breakfast was minimal and poorly attended to. Ultimately, you'd be better of taking a standard room and paying the extra $94 for the buffet breakfast in the cafe. The high tea and afternoon cocktails element of the exec privilege are also not as grand as they sound. A few Andes mints and a plate of cookies does not a high tea make. Don't be swayed into booking this class of room based on this 'privilege' as you'll doubtless be disappointed.

The Italian restaurant attached to the hotel was okay. The little bar upstairs with the games and activities was an excellent hangout full of games and gadgets. The bed was excellent.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

I booked a room for three, but when we arrived there at 10pm...
    • Family Triple Room

I booked a room for three, but when we arrived there at 10pm, the bed for the thrid person haven't been made. The duvelt were not very clean with some smells. The check-in also took longer than usual. More than 2000 dollars for one night really doesn't worth it. Won't come again.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

smelly room, poor cleaning services. good location.
    • Superior Room

smelly room and corridor. daily cleaning service is very poor

the hotel staff do pay effort to help us change room for 4 times during our 1 month stay.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

liked the location, far from city, queit, place to run.
    • Family Room

no towles and no wifi to all family, only 2. sweeming pool freezing area bitwèen 2 buildings, and the water cold, the entry really smell bad. The staff really un-nice, and its big hotel with many people. the resterunt Italian expensive.

liked the location, far from city, queit, place to run. specious. if you booked via hotel web you getting discount and 4 wifi and 4 towells. if you book via booking, for 5 people you get only 2 towelles and 2wifi. resetrunts around and shopping malls 1km away, near the subway. the dutyfree at airport extreamly expensiv, so its was great shopping at the mall and nearest supermarket before.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Generally happy. Swimming pool was poor standard for hotel of this grade. Too many bugs in pool.
    • Superior Room

Reception rather under standard. Not enough seating in the reception area. One receptionist was wearing a mask as I checked in making it hard to hear what she was saying.

Nice and roomy. Good sunlight during the day.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

I have to say that the breakfast offering both in the...
    • Superior Room

I have to say that the breakfast offering both in the Executive Club and the main restaurant is very poor and not value for money! Watery scrambled eggs, ham floating in water and a coffee machine which does not offer Americano coffee plus a pretty disinterested staff does not add up to my expectations

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Comfortable away from the hustle
    • Superior Room

Long check-in. Cleaning staff friendly but reception and others are not.

Bus route A41 takes you to the hotel door from HK airport (and return) and gives some great views and scenery during the 45 minutes.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

old and getting outdated
    • Premier Room

The club lounge was of extremely poor choice as far as the breakfast was concerned. showers were old and difficult to use.

beds were comfy. Breakfast was ok

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Location is good and quiet , easy to find out the...
    • Deluxe Room

When we check out that front desk request us to pay HKD 80, which we did not spend any bills at hotel.

Location is good and quiet , easy to find out the restaurants, room charge cheap!

The bed was nice and large for my wife, myself and our 1...
    • Superior Room

on our initial arrival the check in female staff member was not very friendly. Not sure of her name.

The bed was nice and large for my wife, myself and our 1 year old boy. The drainage in the bath/shower was very slow to drain. The view over the river was very nice and a great choice of restaurants to eat at. The concierge were very helpful with directions where we wanted to go or visit. Maybe make the concierge an information as well for visitors. Public transport was very easy to use right outise the hotel. We would definitely stay again :)

Housekeeping staff not good
    • Superior Room

This hotel the housekeeping staff not GOOD. They didn’t do the proper job. However, safety box cannot use is being no battery. Call them to replace they not do and their attitude not friendly. At the end of check out , still not DO.

The value for the room size is very reasonable.

Kinky at the frony desk was very helpful and also the...
    • Superior Room

The staff at the front desk Esther Wong was exceptional rude, instead of helping us she portrayed to us that she was doing us a favour, what’s the sense to stay in a hotel where you pay and then people end it at a bad note

Kinky at the frony desk was very helpful and also the housekeeping staff

Staff very friendly, but some things as described above really not good.
    • Superior Room

No choice in pillows- only hard, uncomfortable, latex ones. Did not help my night's sleep. Maybe this is good for some travellers, but unfortunately not for me. There was a large choice in breakfast styles. However, the western option was shamefully inadequate and quite frankly, below par. Croissants stale and over-baked, sausages (labeled 'grilled') were merely tinned sausages, not fresh. Coffee was horrible. It saddens me that a supposedly good hotel like this, can give such a poor 'Western food' representation.

Facilities were adequate

Its a good place to escape the buisy city, the area is calm and interesting.
    • Superior Room

It would be nice having a coffee shop to order some breakfast in the morning if just small breakfast required (coffee and bagel e.g.).

Quite fast by cab from MTR, easy check-in, quick reaction on demands by staff, comfortable and spacious room, many restaurants in the facility available, taxis available in short, friendly and attentive staff.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Ok hotel
    • Superior Room

Rooms were quite dated. We asked for a double bed but were given two twin beds instead, as they were the last two rooms. It was also a bit noisy at night. Location was not ideal - 15 mins walk to New town plaza and MTR. Also, we ordered a dish at the dim sum restaurant and waited 45 mins to arrive.

We booked this hotel because it was one of the cheapest four star hotels listed - so it was pretty good value. We tried the dim sum restaurant for breakfast and it was good.

Forget about it
    • Premier Room

I booked a premier room. Here under copy/paste from your room reservation Room size 23 m² Premier Room is beautifully appointed in a contemporary style offering a sense of chic and stylish touch. Located on the higher level of the hotel, the sophisticated room is available in double-bed or twin-bed setting with panoramic views which lets you experience the vibes of Shatin. Free minibar per stay is offered. I was on the 9 floor, minibar empty, asked for a smoking room got a non smoking one, had a wifi connection problem call the reception/concierge and have been requested to go down to get it fixed.. Really disappointing

The bar next door...

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Staff was very unfriendly especially the reception and...
    • Family Triple Room

Staff was very unfriendly especially the reception and hygiene also bad. Found a very hard old bread and other small things under the bed. This hotel truly won the worst employee award of the year!

Nice hotel but needs refurbishment

Bathroom

Big hotel with plenty good restaurants in and around it. Check-in can be a bit slow and rough as usual in Hong Kong. Rooms are nice but bathroom is total out of day and needs an urgent do-over. Location is quiet remote to central - if you're planning to go there often, another location might be better. Hotel is definitely good for big groups.

I will recommend this hotel.

Nothing I didn't like.

The hotel is clean with a variety of restaurants that can choose like Thai, Cantonese, Western, etc. And the staff are polite, nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Bed is fine , view is good
    • Deluxe Room

Security always sit in a chair near my room on 14/F I wonder why have cctv on every floor but if it need a security guard stand by and sit near customers room

Bed is fine , view is good

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Good location but check in staff need to be more friendly and helpful
    • Family Triple Room

We were disappointed when we didn't get the triple beds non smoking room we paid for. We got two single beds plus a sofa. Upon phoning the reception we were told they were fully booked and couldnt get us a triple but for the sofa bed to be made up. They then offered us a triple for the next day but in a smoking room! They knew I was not happy and didn't nothing to improve our stay. The bed is hard to sleep on and the pillow very soft!!! The check-in staff and the manager that walk about are not friendly nor helpful.

The room is spacious, the shower power is good. Like the numerous restaurants around the hotel. 10-15mins walk to Sha Tin plaza (nice walk by the river). The housekeeping did a fab job keeping our room tidy.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Nice hotel in Shatin
    • Superior Room

The service staff and concierge was not on par with the other hotel I stayed (Royal - across the river before I transferred to this one which was a regret). Attitude towards inquiries were cold and the concierge literally told me to help myself to my bags (which i need to search from 100s of luggage) . Good hotel, needs improvement in service staff. Smile more - ppl who stay in the hotel pay the staff's wages.

The location and the cleanliness of the property.

Restaurants outside the hotel.
    • Family Triple Room

The staffs are not friendly. It feels that I have pay money for the not friendly service.....not any respect from them.

Restaurants outside the hotel.

It was fine and a reasonable break the hotel has a wonderful view of the river and the surrounding h
    • Superior Room

The Check in was over crowded and under manned. The Coffee cafe was something else poor service by a rude disinterested young woman!

The room was functional rather than extravagant! I very much like the Dragon Inn Restaurant and the sport bar.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Nice clean room, but location is a bit downside.
    • Superior Room

Location-wise if you are not from HK or do not know HK very well, this hotel might not be suitable as its location is a bit downside. Yes, A41 bus from the airport just stops next to the hotel.

Nice clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

In general, I will stay in the same hotel as good value and also I familiar with the place.
    • Superior Room

The property is relative old and many bathroom facilities need to be updated or renovated. The shower fittings are terrible. The double room area at 13th & 14th floors are good. Do not accept double room in 17th floor. it is really very small, I think just about 20m2. You unable to move if you have 2 or 3 baggages with you.

I lived and worked in Shatin area for almost 20 years before I return to live in Australia, I familiar with the areas. I do not like to downtown like Mongkok, Tsim Sha Tsui and the worst Central. So I like to stay in Shatin again if I have to go to Hong Kong again.

Tolerable for a short stay
    • Premier Room

Crowded foyer on arrival, staff disinterested and unhelpful. Cleanliness in breakfast area ' iffy'

Reasonable no frills accommodation at a budget price, clean bedroom /bathroom. Breakfast 4/10 but good coffee and toast!

Guesthouses are better than this hotel.
    • Family Room

Bathroom was disgusting with mold. I had to get housekeeping to clean the bathtub but she just lightly wiped it. Was told the airport shuttle service was free but it was charged expensive. Not worth it for the cost.

The bed was comfortable. The balcony had a nicw view.

Value for money but prepare to spend time travelling to downtown.
    • Superior Room

Time to renovate the hotel.

Nearby hotel there is a bus stop for bus A41 (from Hong Kong airport to Regal Riverside hotel). Rooms are big and wi-fi is good. Restaurants and small shops can be found nearby.

Comfortable room and value for money. Convenience location!
    • Deluxe Room

The bed was very comfortable and the room was very spacious and clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located in a very convenience area with lots of restaurants in walking distance. This hotel is really good value for money in Hong Kong. We got an upgrade to a river view room as well!!

Fair stay, I will not come back to this hotel nor recommend to family or friends.
    • Family Room

Excessive charging, like the WiFi use. Only 2 gadgets allowed was not informed of WiFi charge in the beginning of stay.room airconditioning poor- water leaks from ceiling due to air condensation, room was hot. Fridge did not meet the expectation.

Bed is good. Pillows are good. House keeping is great.

Reception Staffs Should be Trained How to Behave with Guests.....
    • Superior Room

The reception Staffs. Not welcoming. The receptionist TIFFANY tried to let feel I am staying free of cost. They should know how to treat a guest. Staffs need immediate training how to behave with the guests.

ROOM SIZE.

• Family Room

From check in to departure the staff were unfriendly. The room not clean and dated. Tried to charge us for extra internet we never used. Tried to charge us again for the whole stay because we didn’t have the same credit card we used when booking and said it would take over a month to refund the first payment. This was all at check in and it took over 30 min to sort this out, with tired children from the flight this was ridiculous. Oh and there was poo on the curtains. Never again.

Everything is excellet for the price except the WiFi, which is only free for two devices.
    • Superior Room

The meat is a little expensive. WiFi is only free for 2 devices. This is quite unusual, because most hotels offer free WiFi without limitation of devices.

The room is very cleaning and comfortable. The room is big enough too. The swimming pool is wonderful. The room servers are very friendly. It is the best choice at the price level.

Comfortable bed and good value for money
    • Superior Room

It is like living in suburban area but I guess you know it before your booked. There is a nearby shopping centre in Shatin but very crowded.

Got room upgraded, room is big and River facing, comfortable bed, many restaurants around

We enjoy our stay in Regal Riverside Hotel.
    • Family Room

We enjoy our stay in Regal Riverside Hotel. The room is very clean and spacious. I like the view from the outside. The hotel is very accessible to public transport. I would like to stay here again in our next trip.

Good for a week, probably wouldn’t stay again.
    • Superior Room

- I heard that the upper floors had been renovated, but we were placed in Room 666. This room was very old fashioned. In the bathroom, there was a shower in a bathtub with separate adjustable hot and cold taps (which I wasn’t a fan of..). My father, who is quite tall, felt that the shower was inconvenient for him because he had to crouch down each time. There were green and yellow wires hanging out, which I thought was quite dangerous. And the shower curtain smelt really bad. - The front desk staff weren’t very nice. We were met with eye rolls when my father, who has hearing difficulties, failed to understand what was being said to him. He expressed that their attitude could have been better. - Saw a dead mosquito on my bedsheet after it had been cleaned. 🤦🏻‍♀️

- The hotel is very close to Sha Tin train station. You can walk or you can take one of the many buses outside the hotel. - Large selection of restaurants to choose from downstairs. Moon River is great if you’re looking for cheap and cheerful. It’s also close to Char Siu King, which is allegedly the best char siu restaurant in Hong Kong. 🤷🏻‍♀️ - The beds were super comfortable.

I'll stay here again
    • Superior Room

Location wasn't the best in terms of access to Shatin station. It took a 15 - 20 minute walk to get there from the hotel but in fairness, the scenery was quite nice and pleasant, being next to the river. The lights under the bridge at night were also quite nice.

Rooms were quite large and clean

I would NOT recommend this hotel
    • Superior Room

The staff is not professional (one staff called Eason) and unacceptable manner to clients. Seems I am checking in a 2 -star hotel where not worth for what I paid.

Room size, location , internet, room amenities
    • Superior Room

i arrived at 2 at the hotel and it was mentioned in the booking that check in was at 2. However, the reception staff bluntly told me that room will be available by 3 pm. I asked why and he just repeated the fact that its not available. I wasn't even offered a complimentary food voucher or apology. really disliked it as i was coming from a long international flight. other than this the rest of the stay was pleasant.

Room size, location , internet, room amenities

Very nice property. I'll stay here again.
    • Superior Room

The location was a little out of the way but the price was very reasonable.

Very nice and clean property with lots of eating options around the area. Closely situated next to the river and a nice 20 minute walk to New Town Center in Shatin. Rooms are very spacious.

Enjoyable relaxable.
    • Superior Room

I could not charge my 110 electrical application even I had complain three times

Location ,value of the money ,facility,including swimming pool large cleanses,gym,service are good.

• Family Triple Room

Check in and front counter staff were rude and unhelpful. Breakfast overpriced, very limited selection.

Convenient to bus stop and convince stores. The housekeeping staff were polite and helpful.

Good value for money
    • Family Quadruple Room

super fast wifi and the quadruple room is perfect for friends. The hotel is right next to food shops and restaurants so eating out has never been easier.

Friendly and welcoming customer service from staffs is required to improve the service of the hotel.
    • Premier Room

Most staffs were not too friendly, especially a manager level staff we bumped into in the lift no good morning or hello, the ambience decor of the hotel and in the room feels cold not the cosy warmer decor that you would expect in a 3 or 4 star hotel.

Selection of restaurants in the hotel

Overpriced and unhelpful
    • Superior Room

The facilities in the room are very basic and outdated. Forget about charging your phone even if you carry around your charging cable. Limited TV channel offer, mainly in Chinese. Walls are paper-thin. The menus in the room were covered in some disgusting gunk. The room service is non-existent. Forget ordering food to your room - borderline impossible. First, they put me on hold for 10 minutes because the person who picked up did't speak English. I would ask to order and he would reply in Cantonese that he didn't understand. Then, I called again through the operator and this time, the same guy (miraculously) spoke English. Unfortunately, room service requires payments in cash only and in exact amount. No credit card charge to your room. The guy told me I can go to ATM and get change at the lobby if I really want to have room service. They still add the 10% to an already overpriced items (can of Coke costs 58HKD + 10%).

The bathroom was clean.

After staying in Tsim Sha Tsui in closed sized rooms, this...
    • Family Triple Room

We booked 3 single beds and got 2 beds and a sofa bed, which was very uncomfortable, short and with a very soft matress. The cleanliness could have been better.

After staying in Tsim Sha Tsui in closed sized rooms, this was spacious. The river promenade is great for evening walks or jogs. There are many on site restaurants etc, which was great. The pool was very refreshing. The location was a 10 minute walk away from the metro station, which we did not mind at all. There is also a bus stop in front of the hotel where you can reach distant places for a very good price. Even airport bus for $23 (HK dollars) which is way cheaper than the airport express train.

Executive lounge is quiet place to enjoy your breakfast but...
    • Executive Club Double Room

Executive lounge is quiet place to enjoy your breakfast but the choices of food are limited. Honestly every thing is very old, the lift, the equipment...

They are participate protect natural environmental planet...
    • Premier Room

Airport shuttle bus fare is too expensive, receptionist doesn’t have proper knowledge of their duty also some restaurant staff was rude. Disappointed...

They are participate protect natural environmental planet according to what they mention if it’s true

Will never stay in this hotel again
    • Superior Room

No body at the front desk or house keeping cared to pick up and answer my call from the room. Safety box was not working. Oily smell/fume from kitchens downstairs coming into the room through the centralised air-conditioning system.

Inexpensive - when booking with prepayment (no refund)

Enjoyed it very much.
    • Superior Room

Rather run down and grubby parts of the room, particularly the bathroom, air conditioning is exceptionally cold and the top floor rooms are tiny.

I'm very appreciate everything of facilities.
    • Superior Room

I'm not impression with staffs they are not friendly with Thai customers

I'm very appreciate everything of facilities. but I'm not impression with staffs they are not friendly with Thai customers. I like the Singer at PUB & Resturents. .

Not the best but good enough to give some good points and recommend the hotel and booking site.
    • Superior Room

Well, we thought we had booked and paid for a three beds bedroom but we're foundthat we're given a two beds and a sofa bed which was very dusty and not very clean... One of us chose to sleep on floor rather than on it!And had to ask for the 3d set of cup and saucer and glass. The female staff who gave us that so called up-graded bedroom was lucky didn't get any complaints from us, we aren't the kind if conditions are bearable. It was our 4th stays(and last) in the hotel within March month, so felt rather disappointed compared to the other 3 periods. Other than that, overall experience was pleasant and have to praise the house keeping staffs, they have done a great job during our stay.

Bed was comfy and enough drawers for all your small contents and air conditioning was adequate.

Regal riverside was very convenient for transport with all...
    • Superior Room

The hotel is getting rather dated and could do with a refurbishment.

Regal riverside was very convenient for transport with all the different buses just outsiders he hotel. Lots of eateries surround and nearby. Sha Tin central was just 10 minutes walk along the river where you shop your heart out in all the different plazas.

Excellent stay, superb room and helpful staff.
    • Superior Room

Buffet Breakfast is full of mainland Chinese tourists about to embark on their day trip. One of the staff at breakfast was rude to me in the extreme when I sat at a table which she had just cleared.

Excellent stay, superb room and helpful staff. Would stay here again.

Not very good - stay away!
    • Superior Room

It was dated and tired throughout. Pool was freezing and changing facilities at the pool were bad. There was even a towel catching drops from one of the urinals. I knew there was a rain why a try not use hotel towels! Soap dispensers didn't work, generally shabby. On arrival, the room we were given was pokey and not suitable for two people for 12 nights so had to wait several hours for a reallocation. At least twice a day the whole place is swarmed with a new arrival of Chinese mainlanders whose manners leave alot to be desired...It seems some of the reception staff have a learned behaviour after matching these manners for so long. On check out they tried to rip me off for extra internet connections...they hadn't looked hard enough, however, as I wasn't even in the room during the two dates they were claiming! All in all, I would not recommend, as there are better, more comfortable and better located hotel all over HK. Stay elsewhere.

Not a lot to like, really. Pretty unimpressed.

We had a pleasant stay in this hotel for 7 nights.
    • Superior Room

No exhaust fan in bathroom, the Intake of water for the water tank in the toilet not working properly. Crockroach found in the bathroom.

Spacious room, controllable aircon

Too expensive for the place to stay. It's like an ordinary low star hotel.
    • Family Triple Room

Very limited of wifi service and not supplying of bathroom shampoo and body wash during the rest of night we stayed.

Near the bus station access to anywhere of the cities.

We had an excellent stay with a reasonable cost and superior service.
    • Family Triple Room

The jacuzzi was not working that day.

The staff were professional, friendly, and accommodating. They gave us good directions to local places. The location is right on a public bus line with convenient access to all local attractions. Onsite and local restaurants had varied selections with quality food choices. The triple room has spacious accommodations.

If I stayed again, it would be for the proximity to the hiking trails.
    • Executive Club Double Room

Executive floor check in and initial service poor. Staff offhand and promised newspaper never materialised (no problem for a Chinese language one, however), so felt a bit second class.

Good location for hiking. Room clean and comfortable.

Get a riverview room
    • Superior Room

A lot of mainland tourists. Worn-out bathroom. Found something resembling blood stains on the wall in my room. My room has a view of the neighboring rooms.

Convenient located near bus stops and restaurants - the Taiwanese restaurant in the hotel is great. Good value for money for a stay away from the expensive accommodation in the city center.

Overall it was ok and probably need to rethink if I have to stay again in near future in this hotel.
    • Family Triple Room

Staffs at the reception were not as helpful as I expected. Not a polite response upon queries, which was disappointing. In one occasion, one of the restaurants turned down my order because they said they were very busy! After that I did not bother phoning any of them.

Staffs at the breakafast were good and had an array of food options to chose from. Also house keeping staffs were good and helpful.

There are a lot restaurants link to the hotel which is very...
    • Superior Room

The toilet paper quality is very bad based on the hotel star rating. Also I have to clean up the hairs which stuck the bathtub, so disgusting.

There are a lot restaurants link to the hotel which is very convenient because the hotel is a bit far from the Shatin central area.

The price of this hotel is reasonable
    • Family Triple Room

The rooms are too dusty and the carpets is very dirty, On our first night I found crisps crumbs on the carpet. Don't think the housekeeping had vacuum the room when the previous family check out.

The price of this hotel is reasonable

Great location and value.
    • Superior Room

Furnishings were a bit out dated so a bit of renewing would be appreciated. No plugs bedside and the only ones available were in a housing that made it very difficult to plug anything in.

Location is ideal. You can either walk to Shatin MTR Station at the town centre (10-15mins) or catch a bus there from eight outside the hotel on the main road (83K or 86K). Alternatively, you can take a slightly shorter walk to Shatin Wai MTR Station. Restaurants on the GF are very nice and offer discounts for hotel guests and there are supermarkets and convenient stores a couple of minutes away down the road.

Good value
    • Superior Room

Elevator can be hard to get sometimes, but that’s not often

Totally worth the money. They give you upgrades easily. Late check-out is free of charge. Nice staff

• Superior Room

Perhaps the soft drinks are a little expensive

Excellent facilities. This was my second time to stay in this hotel. I find staff very polite and they definitely know how to Deal with people

Very pleasant - see view out of our window!
    • Superior Room

Bed a little softer would be ideal. The only machine that served 'Straight Tea' was out of order for the last 3 days of our visit so I couldn't have a cup of tea with my breakfast! (The "white tea" was not nice with frothy milk)

Good choice of restaurants. Lovely to overlook the river and the riverside walk.

Didn't expect the family room seems just took out sofa...
    • Family Quadruple Room

Didn't expect the family room seems just took out sofa & put two more beds into a double bed room. Too small. 1 washroom is not good for 4 ppls. Unacceptable for 6 ppls.

Bed was nice and big and so was the room space... but everything else was a disappointment.
    • Superior Room

The toilet roll was disgusting. Supposedly 4 stars hotel and they cheaped out on toilet roll!! The toilet roll was worse quality than the ones you get in public toilets. Grey recycled ones which disintegrated as soon as you touch it, vile! They dont provide consistent room facilities... the room we were in only provides chinese tea, the room where my sisters and parents in were provided with English tea and coffee too... eventhough we paid the same price. decor is very dated. Wall paper is frayed, carpet looks like it needs a good clean. We stayed for 6 nights, don't think the sheets were changed at all.... simply made up. The pool isn't opened in march but we weren't told til we asked about it at the check in desk... such a disappointment. There's no security on the hotel apart from your door key anyone off the street can go in hotel and take the lift upstairs. We saw a couple off the street wandering in, looking for the loo. The doors don't shut properly unless you pill and slam it, they do have an alarm though as they know the flaw. The staff some are friendly but the ones behind the checking desks lacks manners they don't even say hi or hello they look at you as though tell me what you want then. The porters and cleaning ladies were friendlier. They only give you one key eventhough you have 2 adults in the room, when asked, a big sigh and annoyance comes with it. All in all, unless expectation of 4 stars hotel in hk is different from UK. ..then this is not the quality of 4 stars hotel that Uk rates or expect. Lower your expectation when you visit. More of the 3 stars hotel.

The bed was lovely and big. The room was spacious. Lots of buses outside of hotel, lots of shops and cafes downstairs too... they dont speak much English though nor do they have English menus... the hotel's restaurant does though... but we didn't eat there.

Browse Regal Riverside Hotel traveller photo gallery