Reviews of Rosedale Hotel Hong Kong 4 stars

8 Shelter Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

#230 of 290 hotels in Hong Kong

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Hotel in a great location at a great price for our last minute booking.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Rooms and the style of the hotel in general was a little dated.

Location was great and they let us check in early which was a godsend as we arrived on an early morning long-haul flight.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

5.5
    It’s not a 4stars hotel

-door bell and telephone was not working -tore of body towel -poor and not much things to eat in buffet breakfast ( same dish in everyday) -maids stole my tooth brush -Concierge did not help me to call a taxi at all

Free airport shuttle bus to this hotel

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

affordable rate!
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Cold and rude staff....cold food....have never experience; a dinning room without settings; completely bare tables..totally self service..no center piece (salt n pepper/ sugar bowl creamer etc...long line for cup of coffee by machines coffee makers. Never say good morning or thank you..good bye.....will not go back for breakfast even if it's included! Will write and complain to F and B director upon returning home!

affordable rate!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Not sure if I will return here...
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Reception Staff seemed aloof and prone to using Cantonese to talk about the guest, in front of the guest - presuming we didn’t understand. Room Service was tired, room only superficially cleaned. There were stains on carpet, shower curtain slimy and mound on the back of blinds. Just needs a good clean and attention to service. Most guests having breakfast just before 10:30am we’re being rushed to finish their meal. I understand that this is the cut off but when you have so many guests seeming to need more minutes to finish their meal, it would be courteous of the Restaurant Staff to respect that instead of moving furniture, mopping floors, taking food away, making guests feel unwelcome. For the price paid, and supposedly 4Star, I will book elsewhere for my next conference stay.

Location was great. Victoria Park mid-autumn festival lanterns were easily accessible, as were the great shops and restaurants in this area. The size of the room was ample. Concierge was helpful in booking taxis around the city and mindful of luggage stored after checkout for the day.

rooms need renovation!!
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Room was very small and smelling not so nice. the bath and floor was not clean. towels were dirty .

Location of the hotel is great. Just 2 min by walk from Causeway bay and victoria park.

6.0
    good place to stay close to the city and price is affordable.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

poor customer service from restaurant staff. we came in late for lunch like 1:30 pm and we know they are closing at 2:30 pm. Felt like they do not want to take us anymore so we told them we can eat fast. :-) one (1) torn towel supplied.

Wifi is strong and stable. compli bottled water is very good room amenity. Very clean and classy rest room at the lobby.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Solo traveller
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Room was dusty and bath tub was clogged with hairs. Housekeeping did not clean it. Towels were abit old. Lights are too dim.

Comfortable beds and pillow. Conceige was friendly.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

The hotel should be downgraded to 3 stars , not 4 stars
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Staff at restaurant for breakfast talked non-stop loudly, as well as the staff at ground floor main entrance. Quality of room making up was under average

The hotel staff is not friendly esp in dining room and cleanliness in the room. Find another place..
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I stayed for 6 nights and the breakfast menu is always same. In the room a lot of dust and never clean the carpet. The mineral water, coffee, sugar and tea is available if you ask 😌.

In front of the hotel there is a mini market that sell indonesian food and its delicious. The shopkeeper is very friendly and helpful.

Great location!
    • Superior Twin Room

Housekeeping was not up to the mark. All toiletries and towels were sometimes not replaced. Coffee cups not washed and stained napkins not replaced. Room smaller than as a pears in photograph.

Excellent location and helpful staff at front desk and conceirg services. Free shuttle to Hong Kong station. Comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

will stay next trip if similar price.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Between 730-10am, it took me 5-10 minutes waiting for lift. Business centre could be better so I rated good first.

Good staff. Specially front desk and Alvin on the concierge who is very helpful and also the young man in the breakfast entrance who always politely checks the hotel guest name on his record.

The location is near a lot of famous building, such as Time...
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

When I checked and booked my stay on Booking.com, they do not inform about the deposit amount (500 HKD), so I did not know any thing about that. When I arrived and checked-in, they said about the deposit amount (the hotel would hold that deposit amount during my stay), and I was confuse at that moment ! They should inform that on Booking.com before ! There are 3 elevators, but they were often busy on about 8h30-9h30 AM during my stay ! I stayed on the 11th floor, and some time I need 15 minutes to move to the 1st floor by the elevator ! Sometime I had to move from 11th floor to the 1st floor by the normal stair ! The breakfast should be more abundant

The location is near a lot of famous building, such as Time square, Sogo, Lee Garden (from 1 to 6), ....

this hotel is not about the guests
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

check in was painful and really lengthy. the way the handle the payment is overcomplicated. when i asked some questions in attempt to understand how much of my money they were taking and why i was told by the lady that she had 13 years hotel experience and she never cheated any guest out of their money..ouch the room was very dirty and not safe to stay at with a lot of dust, dirt and stains all over (i will give it to them that after one hour of complaining they have changed my room to cleaner/ better one) trying to keep this review objective, so not going to say anything else. but definitely can't recommend this hotel

location was quite good the staff at the concierge desk was really nice and helpful WIFI worked well

Premises served its purpose but without any quality of finesse
    • Deluxe Suite

Difficult to find as hotel poor marked. Ask local residents within 100metres of hotel and many do not know of Rosedale's existence. Elevators in hotel cannot match demand and long waits - long waits.

Not a lot - can't think of anything that sets this hotel above any similar hotel in HK

Nothing all are worst
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The staff didnt even know how to treat the guest properly, you will not see them smile. They look annoyed from their job. Seems they are not happy on what they are doing. I would suggest to Please treat with hospitality. The lady on the front desk is not friendly at all. The tall guy on the ground floor whose assisting the baggage has attitude, he looks racist. Tje rooms are so dirty. We have a kid with us and we are expecting it to be cleaned, the curtain seems there for decade and the worst is the location. Please please dont book in this hotel specially if u are family.

Nothing all are worst

everything was pleasant at this hotel.
    • Superior Twin Room

There was a mix-up about whether or not my reservation included breakfast. But the manager decided to apply the breakfast to my room anyway. That was very nice of him.

The staff were very helpful. The breakfast was delicious and the staff helped me to prepare my plates and drinks because I am .

Terrible
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

They said only twin was available after charging my card. Had to get stern with them to fix me a double room. They then said they have upgraded us to an executive room. Upon entering the room it was utter disappointment.

Check in service was OK
    • Deluxe Suite

We booked a suite and were disappointed in that the room as it smelt stale and dusky (bad smell). Furniture was old and tired. The lifts are incapable of handling the demands placed on them - leading to long waits for a lift with major overloading issues. No service lift(s) for staff. Credit to cover expenditure automatically deducted from card and when there is a refund applicable for the credit, staff advised that it will take a minimum of 3 weeks to be reimbursed.

Check in service was OK

It is close the shopping area and not expensive if checking ...
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The cleaner asked me which room mine was when I was checking out and was busy with something else. I don’t understand why I had to answer this question to her. The restroom is smelly and mouldy. The concierge rolled my luggage towards me I had to catch it otherwise it wold slide to somewhere else. When the concierge staff took the luggage to the shuttle it was a pretty heavy drop on the floor I was not sure if my RIMOWA luggage got squeezed because of that drop.

It is close the shopping area and not expensive if checking in on a Sunday.

Overall is ok.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The room is a bit small that was difficult to open my suitcases to repack my stuff. The staffs in the restaurant did not have smile & one or two even showed their unhappy face to the Chinese guests.

tidy and clean and has HBO
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

i woke up and found that it was ten, and their breakfast serving time was almost over. I felt desperate. and the hotel is not exactly at a great location.

tidy and clean and has HBO

Pleasant and good value for money
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The food isn't spectacular, a bit mundane. Lifts are slow and often one of the three didn't work to save electricity.

Convenient location, friendly staff.

Check in and check out very smooth. Only one thing disappointed about the staff from reception
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

When i ask for the late check out from the reception man (Fat with glasses), I don’t know what reason he gave me the rate $1000 but after I check the rate online for one night just $800? This guy very unwelcome to guest!

Disappointed
    • Inter-connecting Deluxe Room

We paid for two connecting rooms (2 single beds and 1 queen) We were there around 12pm and the lady receptionist checked us in and told us to come back at 2, which is reasonable because that is the set time to check into rooms for most hotels. We returned just before 4pm to find out that we only had one room ready, because according to a male receptionist “our manager is checking if the room is ready and we will call when the room is ready”. Not the most legit excuse but we were tired and needed to rest. When we entered the room, there was a very strong smell of cigarette smoke, very highly likely from the previous guest. And we thought it could be forgiven. We waited for 10-15 mins but there was still no update for the connecting room that we are supposed to be in just next door. We called front desk and we had to go down again to get the card. Upon getting the card, the same male receptionist never interefered or updated us even about the state of the room and we had to enquire from his female colleague. We couldnt get the queen bed and was only suggested by her that they could “put the beds together” which technically isnt very honest of them because we paid for 2single beds and a queen bed. After discussion, she offered to move us to a new room the next day but we had to wait until evening or night to move in, which to me, is very absurd. In the end we stayed in our rooms but they said they will change the beds in my parents’ room to a queen bed. As my parents were resting in the first room, they found cigarette ashes, price tags sticking on the wall, saliva on the window, and a safe box that was not working. We were appalled. It was disgusting and it was as if we were paying for nothing. Note that this hotel isnt exactly cheap.

A bit ordinary
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The food served was very ordinary for both dinner and breakfast The pan the chef was cooking eggs at breakfast had the non stick surface coming away from the pan and sticking to the eggs I identified this problem to the duty manager and the next morning the same pans were being used The fridge in the room did not cool even though it was working. I mentioned this to the duty manager and he said the cupboard it was in retained too much heat and caused the fridge to not cool. He offered no solution to the problem. I removed the fridge from the cupboard and it worked perfectly in the open room. Not ideal, but functional.

Quite far from nearest MTR Causeway Bay, very straight rule...
    • Inter-connecting Deluxe Room

Quite far from nearest MTR Causeway Bay, very straight rule at the lobby, feel uneasy while waiting for room check-in. Not very friendly at the check-in counter. Very small room and air-conditioner very noisy and very disturbing during night time. I wont back to this hotel for my next trip to Hong Kong.

No bad
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

For the price, I just could say everything is alright. It's not amazing, not excellent, not awesome, it's alright only. All u guys will get what u should get, but don't want to get more. U know what I'm saying? One dollar payment, one dollar service. That's it.

Overall the hotel was quite okay for the price point.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The room is so small, and cleanliness needs to be improve. There are things need to be upgrade. For example the shower curtain because it stained pretty bad.

The location is quite convenient since it's near the MTR station.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

From the service to the condition of the room. This is not a 4 stars hotel standard. While we checked in, the receptionist didn’t even say hello with his poker face. They gave us one room connect with another one with another room from inside. He told us if we don’t want that kind room we should ask them while booking. I don’t think anyone suppose to know most of their rooms connect with another one from inside. After we strongly insisted, he told us he updated the room to suits. While I opened the door. It was still the double room from the picture. We cared less about the suits. But we don’t want to been lied to. The room is quite small and it has a strong smell. We could not sleep for a long time because of the bad smell. There is no mobile which you could take out like the other hotels. But I still see some of the reviews from booking. The receptionist said they had stopped since April. Plus we found some black bugs on the bed. The breakfast is just ok, but the plates are not clean enough. The lift is really slow. The only good thing about Rosedale is the location. Not far from the time square and the subway station. Definitely won’t come back or recommend our friends to choose this one.

Apart from the three shortcomings noted, a nice stay. It would be churlish for me to say otherwise.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Three things: i) Customer service at beginning - my card was charged twice (hmm!) for the same amount (because I used a debit card rather than a credit card when making the booking)- I got the refund later, but it was very annoying; ii) There was an issue with an unpleasant smell in the room at one point (eventually I worked out that it was coming from the carpet) and the room was not as clean at the beginning as it could have been (case in point - slighty dirty bedsheet spotted by my wife). iii) Customer service at end - hotel staff were rude to my wife when she went to collect my deposit - they should have been nicer (every small thing counts, when it comes to being in hotels, and being difficult/uncooperative with customers at the end of their stay is a big no-no! PS: I was so annoyed about this particular failing that it is only now that I am prepared to write about it - poor show, Rosedale Hotel Hong Kong - you must do better in future.

Nice food (especially Saturday buffet service - mmm!)

Location is convenient and perfect
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The staff st the restaurant and the buffet spread It was extremely limited It was disheartening to see the spread literally. You do not pay for such a sad layout. The staff NEEDS TO KNOW HOW TO TLK AND BEHAVE. they argued and spoke rudely to not only is but EVERYONE around our table Rooms are extremely. EXTREMELYYYYYYYYY small. No place for the bags also. Only 1 bag can be adjusted.

The reception staff was extremely friendly Location is amazing because it’s close to the metro station And the area is bustling all day all night. Lot of food and shopping around

It was fine for a one night stopover
    • Superior Twin Room

The place smells very musty and the air conditioning unit is very noisy. We could not leave it on and sleep which is not good in Hong Kong, and we could not move it off a pre set of 24.5 degrees!

The staff are fantastic and really helpful

The location is good if you’re looking for a less noisy...
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Breakfast was based on Asian cuisine rather than offering a more « international » array of options. The decoration of the hotel (floor carpet for example) could be redone.

The location is good if you’re looking for a less noisy place, but expect to take public transportation to go sightseeing around Hong Kong island. Really friendly staff and reliable WiFi.

Lovely hotel but staff need to learn better customer service.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Grumpy concierge, no flexibility with check in for our family from Australia. Booked two rooms and they did not have them adjoining which was disappointing, had to go between two floors. Promotional meal was not honoured

Room was spacious and comfortable, very clean

Productive Business Trip!
    • Superior Twin Room

Only one thing, the wifi was spotty mainly during the day, late evenings and early mornings it worked well. The elevators can get crowded during the morning, it didn't matter to me, as I was able to take the stairs

The room was cleaned and straightened daily. The staff were friendly and the courteous. I had forgotten my adapter for US plugs and they loaned me one. An English breakfast was served every morning and it seemed every one in the hotel wanted in on it. There was always plenty of food available. Breakfast is served from 7-10 am.

Good place to stay in Hong Kong. Close to shops, subway and some bars and restaurants.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Room was bigger than expected and reasonably priced. View of harbour from one side of room window. Good location - there's quite a lot happening in the area.

It was an expensive time to travel, and so the price was not...
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

It was an expensive time to travel, and so the price was not unreasonable. It was also a beautiful area of Hong Kong, with easy access to a few local shops, and also the beautiful Central Library and Victoria Park, and right by tram/bus/minibus stops, and not too bad of a walk to Causeway Bay or Tin Hau MTR Stations.

Fair
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

There is no iron, no soap. Breakfast is the same everyday. The chef, who cooks eggs, is not friendly. There is no welcome drink.

Location is near a park, shopping center, and train stations

location is good
    • Superior Twin Room

the flavor of hotel foyer makes me dizzy, idk which kind of fragrance they use but they better change one. fire alarm rang almost 10 mins in the late night of 26th, everyone came out n luckily nothing happened. we called the front desk, the first time they said they know nothing abt it, the second time they decided to ignore our call. brilliant sevice! i think they would do nothing whether there's real fire or not. think of your safety and a quiet comfort sleep, do not choose this hotel😉

location is good

Was great, despite a few shortcomings.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

It seemed the heater was not working. Called the hotel staff but they insisted it was working when the temperature went up for one degree. However, it was still freezing cold inside the room despite putting the heater up to 28 degrees celcius. The window also leaked from the rain. The sofa was soaked, as well as all our stuffs on the edge of the sofa near the window. If they could fix this, it would be great.

Indeed value for money considering price includes breakfast as well as a roaming HKG mobile phone.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Every time we step out of the lift onto our floor, there is a lingering musky smell in the air ( in the room too). I had to open the window to air the room. Unfortunately my friends had to put up with the smell as their room's window could not be opened.

Bed was comfy enough.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Snobbish staff (though half are still acceptable). Still a distance from MTR station. Small room. Small bathroom/toilet. Limited breakfast choices, low quality.

quiet room only. nothing to shout about

Very, very pleasant!
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The only surprise we got was the 500 HKD deposit for our stay, which we were not expecting.

We are very grateful and happy with out experience at Rosedale. We had a problem with the dates of our stay and the hotel staff was extremely attentive and helpful. Moreover, the breakfast buffet had great variety from local dishes to other more international. We especially enjoyed the hotel classic music in the corridors and rooms, which set a very nice atmosphere. The handy smartphone with free calls and data, the free shuttle to Central and the possibility of leaving our bags were also big pluses!

The breakfast made up for the room it was really good

Cold

There is no heating and the temperature was 11deg inside Only one blanket on bed When asked we got a fan heater but couldn’t understand we wanted another blanket

Pleasant
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

We found this hotel after we felt cheated by the previous booked hotel... we were tired and exhausted. Rosedale was courteous and helpful. The view of the city harbour from our room was relaxing and calming.

Everything other than the two issues addressed below!
    • Superior Twin Room

There was a subtle but distinct smell of smoke (not of the tobacco kind) on the 29th floor and particularly in my room. I enquired of several staff members whether there had been a fire in recent times but no one recalled anything. Unresolved mystery smell. The restaurant now only offers buffet style meals 3 times a day at a set price. A simple meal like soup & sandwich is now only available through room service. Is this to be expected from a supposedly 4 star establishment? Fortunately there is a wide choice of restaurants nearby.

Everything other than the two issues addressed below!

Good location. Room size is quite decent. In general the hotel could need some fresh-up for example
    • Inter-connecting Deluxe Room

The hotel is a bit worn out. The check-in procedure is way too long. The elevator is very slow and worked terribly. I have waited for more than 5 minuets each time I needed to go down from 11 floor. There are 3 of them but seems like only 1 or 2 we’re operating.

Location is great

Location is conveniently located and safe.
    • Superior Twin Room

Improve Wifi and ensure that it works 24 hours. The housekeeping service needs further training as the bed was not made properly and the shower curtain need to change to a longer one as one has to shower so carefully without splashing water to the floor. The pillows are terribly flat and so uncomfortable.

Location is conveniently located and safe. Lots of good eating places around and also convenient stores. Walking distance to Sogo and Time Square. Helpful and pleasant staff. Hotel provides shuttle bus to Hong Kong MTR station for those taking express airport train.

An average hotel
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Breakfast was below average. They do that even know how to make crossiat. Also very less variety in breakfast although it's a 4 star hotel.they don't even had Nutella, honey etc for breakfast. Very less equipment in GYM.

Nothing special

Horrible experience, dirty room, bad customer service at reception and sub-par location.
    • Deluxe Suite

Horrible check in experience, followed by clearly dirty rooms. Obvious stains on tables, dust We stayed in the suite and expected much better for a "4 star rated hotel". More of a 2 star hotel.

Free daily bottled water.

6.0
    very expensive.
    • Deluxe Suite

the location was excellent, close to everything. the rooms were small but we had a suite and we had to pay a steep price for it. some of the staff were quite helpful, others did not care especially the reception. the concierge though was the saving grace. he was excellent

Location is good.
    • Superior Twin Room

the clean was not clean. the bed sheets have not been changed for a while and smell so bad! they even don't change after the other client left. Although I used to leave the sign to change the sheet every morning but they never changed it! They only changed it when I wrote a big paper to tell them that it really smells bad!!! you can take up to 10 mins in the elevator to go downstairs!! waiting too long for no reason!

Location is good.

Value for money, will come back again
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Breakfast can be more exciting

The hotel made available a Handy mobile which can be used as hotspot WiFi as well as mobile calls. This was offered at no charge. Plus can call to 10 countries free, including our home country!

Brilliant.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The air-conditioning was a bit hard to manoeuvre. We tried to make the room warmer, but the temperature seemed to keep reverting back to the original temperature.

The extra large bed was comfy, hotel room was very clean and spacious.

4.5
    Bad for the money. I will never go back.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Reduce the room rate to what is worth.. I paid NZ$845 for two nights stay. I could have stayed at Park Lane Hotel Hong Kong across the road for a much bigger and comfortable room. I suggest Booking.com delete Rosdale from your list.

The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Breakfast could be better with more varieties and variation between days. In the winter, the room can become quite cold and there is no heating system in the room. It would be nice if robes can be provided to keep warm in cold days.

The beds were very comfortable and the room was clean. The LAN internet was extremely fast.

great value for money. excellent location.
    • Superior Twin Room

air con didn't work and was stuck at just 1 temperature.

excellent location - max 2 mins walk to sogo and 5 mins to times square. nice staff and clean hotel. rooms small but normal for hong kong.

Nice location but room a bit old
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The room is dusty, and they should put more lighting in the room.

Location is near the shopping district. The hotel lend us the mobile wifi and also free international calls up to 100minutes.

Good hotel for this money.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Pillow weren't comfortable enough.But it's not a big problem.

Nice hotel. Not far from the metro station. Victoria park is nearby which was important for us as a family.

Clean, helpful staff, close to mtr.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Not worth the price, Breakfast was lacking and very disappointing to see no options for people who don’t eat pork or are vegetarians.

Clean, helpful staff, close to mtr. Comfortable rooms

Convenient location
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Concierge during New Years day, Michael, he was rude and not accommodating.

Free shuttle to and from Central (Hong Kong Station) where the airport express train station is. Convenient location - most places are within a few minutes walking distance

The hotel is clean and in good location
    • Inter-connecting Deluxe Room

The front office staff was very incinsiderate and rude. We booked 3 family rooms then after he finished checking in the first room, I asked f I could get the key so my baby could go up coz he’s crying already and it’s 11pm. He told me to wait 1 second then I asked again 3x. He answered me with a rude tone that it’s 17 of us and I can’t make him do it fast. I just wanted to ask for our room key since he was done with the first room. But he refused and he was really rude. He gave me a bad look. I told him this is not a child friendly hotel then he got mad and answered me rudely. He’s a man and I’m just a mom wanting to bring my crying baby to the room coz my baby needs milk. And he was rude. Never stay at Rosedale if you have small kids.

The hotel is clean and in good location

Svc needs improvement
    • Inter-connecting Deluxe Room

Staff at the hotel reception is unfriendly and room service is lacking as they dont wash the dirty cup and did not put the soap dispenser back when it dropped. I am worried abt the hygiene when staff is inattentive.

The location is good

Great location, not super clean, ok for a couple of days
    • Inter-connecting Deluxe Room

The rooms were not of top cleanliness, the surfaces were dusty, curtains a bit gross, bathrooms leaked mysterious fluids on the floor and the sheets (though probably clean) had holes in them. Breakfast was included (good) but was very very monotonous and not the most inspiring. Could have been better value for money.

The location was great close to the metro station, trams and buses. There are also lots of restaurants and shopping malls just 5 min walk. We also enjoyed the fact that we had two connecting rooms with the kids.

Low hygiene levels!
    • Inter-connecting Deluxe Room

Our rooms were not ready when we checked in and we had to wait 45mins for it. And when we entered the room, it was still not ready; one side of a slipper was found next to the bed, a cotton pad & cotton bud was found next to the toilet bowl! Horrible hygiene standards.

It was okay
    • Superior Twin Room

Very small room for 2 adult 1 child. Staffs are not really helpful.

Location is okay with nearby train station and convenient for food and shopping malls.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

It was alright but i would not stay here again.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The room was smaller then it looked in pictures. The rooms had a very stale smell and were really dusty. Shower curtains had lingering cigarette smell which were quite a turn off. The buffet breakfast was only international choice and the dining place was in such a mess there was no staff but that was not an issue as there are alot of food nearby. During peak hours if you stayed at the top few floors you have to be prepared to wait for the lifts and if you stayed at the lower floors you have to wait for a few Lifts to pass before getting on to one as it would be full!

Location was convenient. The hotel offered transport to hkg station which was really helpful to get to the airport fast. Staff was friendly and super helpful!

Bathroom shower curtain is very dirty, shower curtain bottom yellow sticky, mildew and dirty.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Maybe I was unlucky to get that hotel room. The bottom of shower curtain very dirty, shower curtain is yellowish,blacky sticky, mildew and dirty. Showering inside the bathtub is very uncomfortable. Shower room drainage flows too slow, feet standing inside the bathtub is worrisome. It would be very easy to fix if properly examined and cleaned, but .....,

A hotel near library

Location quite far from MTR Breastfast below than 4 star hotel's average

View from window in room Smartphone as personal guide for Hongkong Locate near library

The location was good 10 minutes walk to supermarket and...
    • Superior Twin Room

The bed was so hard and bed sheet was so thin until you can see the stripe on the bed mattress!

The location was good 10 minutes walk to supermarket and shopping areas.

I'll be back to stay here!
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I found your staff to be friendly and very helpful. I was particularly impressed by your Handy phone which I used extensively to find my way around Hong Kong. I will definitely recommend your hotel to friends and family.

We were very glad we stayed here.
    • Superior Twin Room

The staff could be more friendly but that is probably due to a language problems

They provided cell phones to use which meant we never had to buy another sim card for our phone. It was very conveniently located if you want to stay over in Hong Kong. Close to transportation, Victoria Park and Hong Kong Park.

Terrible.
    • Inter-connecting Deluxe Room

Dirty. They don't vacuum the rug. The sheets weren't changed from the previous guests. Location not good. Sometimes when we arrive at night, we can see food particles on the sink. The cleaner must be eating in our room.

Nothing. Will not stay here again

Good view, excellent service and easy access to public transport.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The bath room is slightly small and there wasnt enough space for 2 person luggage in the room.

I stayed at level 27 and the view towards to Victoria harbor is spectacular. Staff was friendly and helpful. Although it was raining on the day i check out, but the staff helped me to catch a taxi in the rain. excellent service.

Hotel is dirty.

Hygiene.

Hotel is dirty. Buffet breakfast foods are bad Service inconsistency Some days I get my soap. Some days I didn’t. Some days I get mouth wash and some days I didn’t.

Browse Rosedale Hotel Hong Kong traveller photo gallery