Reviews of Silka West Kowloon Hotel 3 stars

48 Anchor Street, Tai Kok Tsui, Kowloon, Tai Kok Tsui, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

#218 of 272 hotels in Hong Kong

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was very small and i would have struggled had there been another person. Although i enjoyed walking around the neighbourhood, i would have preferred to be elsewhere after i found my bearings, and subsequently moved to a more happening district.

The hotel was clean and my room, although very small had everything that i needed. The wifi was strong and the little device inside the room that provides portable wifi and data are perfect for when you are out & about and really helped me to navigate the city.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

My room is on none smoking level only. Sometimes you can smell the smoking when you in and out the lift.

The staffs are very helpful in providing local information. When I first check in after a long freight, the staff Is very thoughtful when choosing room. I enjoyed the stay in this hotel and recommend this hotel.

• Adjoining Standard Room

The bed was not comfy and they provided one pillow per bed.

The hotel is very close to everything. It was close to restaurants, bus stops and MTR stations.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Poor wifi as it kept disconnecting and slow speed.

Great service from reception and always opened door for us. Room size is fine for HK could easily fit 2 large suitcases in.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The corridors can smell of smoke. Non-smokers, make sure you book a non-smoking floor!

The Free-to-Borrow mobile phone (Freedy) provides Internet access anywhere with your own devices when you turn on the "hotspot" feature. Great showers and air conditioning. Wifi usually very good (cut out a couple of times) and free phone can be used for backup when needed. Free printing in the lobby

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooma and bathroom very tiny but for one night ok

Breakfast in the room price very poor, only tost, eggs and coffe, the rest a la carte to be paid additionally

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The Shuttle bus driver who were on duty on 2/6 were rude by starring at us not replying any word when we ask him can we board the bus, 2 times. If he got personal problem should not fuss on guests. He is working in hospitality industry. I have reported to the concierge staff. Hope the management will council him.

Great location between 2 MTR line and surround with many restaurants. Free Freddy phone which I can use it as hot-spot during my trip for internet and local call. Front desk staff are courtesy and helpful. They also provide shuttle bus service to near by MTR Mongkok.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The male housekeeper is so horrible and not helpful at all. He even turned on & listened to the radio for horse betting while cleaning guest rooms during the rush check in time. Missing bath towel to be put inside the room.... when you asked him to refill toilet supplies, he’s so mean and tell you it’s not supposed to give you.... what’s a service for a housekeeper?! It’s totally unacceptable! If he were the owner of the hotel, the hotel must be closing at once! My god!!!!

Staff at Front desk is helpful

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

During our stay in hotel, they only serve us one kind of breakfast which is to much cholesterol that is bad for health. The staff who supposed to clean the room are just keeping the bed and towel folded to show they clean the room, but the truth is they are not sweeping or wiping or cleaning the room. When checking out, I asked the receptionist if he can help us find taxi or at least book us a taxi surprisingly he just pointed out the street and said outside you can get taxi.

The reception staff are very accommodating. They are willing to help guest specially if you gonna ask for direction or even tourist destination. Location of the hotel is very accessible to MTR as well as restaurant and pub.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bath room is a bit small though but functional.

Room was clean, hotel has local shops around it. Olympian City shopping centre is 300 metres away. Hotel is 350 metres from Olympic MTR and 930 metres from Mongkok MTR station. A well situated hotel for one to get around places in HKG. Hotel counter staffs are very courteous and helpful, makes guest feel welcomed.

• Adjoining Standard Room

Everything seems to be for small people. Small bathroom and small room. Restaurant staff hardly understand english. I ordered coffee i was served a full breakfast meal. I told the staff i did not order for it but it was a bloody conversation so i ended up paying for a full meal just to have a cup of instant coffee.

I like the mobile hotspot they provided for each room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Naming exit E for shuttle bus pick up would have made it easier to find.

Staff were helpful. Location good for getting around town. Price of accommodation good value for Hong Kong. Shuttle bus service was useful.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was dull. We were served a fried egg, half-a-slice of toast and either a finger-sausage or single slice of processed bacon with a small glass of orange squash every morning.

Room had everything you needed. Staff were exceedingly helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The wifi seem to hv difficulties to connect. But even with that problem we still hv the handset freedy which was so convenient for us to use anywhere while our stay there. Perfect. So we dont need the wifi we just use the free hotspot Tq Silka west!

The Free freddy phone was a good idea from the management & the housekeeping, thumbs up to them.. Clean up my room everyday perfectly

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is rather modest, rooms cleaning is not thorough.

But I would want to say "THANK YOU" to reception staff, specifically to Stella. I had some problem with my payment because of bank, so Stella solved it very patiently and professionally.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I asked for non smoker room, and but the room smells like some smoker just left the room, and the smell sticks to tour clothes.

The proximity to mtr and some 24hr storesz

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed is REALLY short & hard. We are a bit over 170cm of hight and our feet were hanging out. It was impossible to sleep.

Good location, Freedy phone for the use of internet on the go, friendly staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was maybe a bit odd that wifi was not working well unless you used the room's smartphone as a hotspot (we didn't know we were supposed to), but anyway, I just basically thought that the services and commodities could be a bit better for the price you pay. But the hotel is ok.

Professional, clean, the room's smartphone is a nice touch

• Standard Double or Twin Room

If this is an example of Hong Kong accom I won't be back. The bed was very hard, the carpets filthy, room unclean. Hotel out of the way. I CXLD accom for return trip.

Front staff were generally friendly and helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was what we expected, but the rooms are very, very tiny. If like us you are out of the room all day, it is fine. Saved us much in taxi to and from Disneyland and airport.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I am not the tallest person on the planet but I felt my feet did hang over the end of my bed, room 1710 but I remedied this by sleeping diagonally when I could. there is a sewerage plant across the road as to be expected in the city the size of Hong Kong, I only smelled this once so it was not too intrusive. I did have my toilet choke up twice but I realise the aperture of the drain is smaller than an Australian toilet.

I liked the location, closest to Olympic station exit C5, no more than 400 metres walk from the end of that exit. a good tip is catch the airport express to Tsing Ye or Kowloon then catch MTR to Olympic on the Tung Cheung line. follow the arcade with real estate agents to the escalators then go down one flight and U turn through the child care facilities arcade to second set of escalators and exit on ground floor. walk across Tai Kok Tsui road to find Beech street, walk north to Anchor street past the 711 and ParkNshop signs that are on the western side of the road, turn left into Anchor st the hotel is on the corner of Elm street (no bonus nightmares here) and Anchor street. I was unable to find any streetcars named desire nearby. for all of those Australians who missed the channel nine spots back in the early 2000s, you will find them here. When you check out of the hotel, remember there is an "in town checkin" service at Kowloon station to drop your bags before your flight, then you can go about your day before heading back to the airport.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Extremely small room, which is quite acceptable for Hong Kong, as there are only few better options. Worth is uncomfortable separated beds, in the booking one bad option was selected. Everything looks old and tired

Fair price HK$ 6,500 which was spend for 13 nights, made me set the good rate. It can not cost more than that

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We were put into a smoking floor while I specifically mentioned in my booking that I want a non-smoking room. The hallways smelled smoke.

Toiletries always replenished. Room always clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is very small especially the toilet. The mattress are too hard.

The hotel is walking distance to the many eateries, Shuttle bus are very punctual. Staff are helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Overall a tired building and tired staff. Needs renovation and decorating. Booking system could do with some attention..booked a double non smoking...was offered a double smoking or twin non smoking on arrival. (This was rectified the next day but had the inconvenience of moving our own cases etc.).

Location was great..close to MTR stations and attractions and the shuttle bus was useful. Room size was about right by Hong Kong standards and housekeeping was satisfactory. A great choice of local food outlets were just around every corner.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Long way from metro or busses , only discovered on last day that they had their own bus so would have been good if they had mentioned this on check in. Beds very hard and can feel springs/boards , room very small but I think this is typical of HK

It is what it says it is

• Standard Double or Twin Room

THE ROOM NOT VALUE FOR MONEY. WE CAN HEAR PEOPLE SNEEZING, COUGHING OR FROM HOUSEKEEPING NEXT DOOR. NOT A SOUNDPROOF ROOM AT ALL. SMALL N SPACE LIMITED.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the bedroom is a bit too small and the bed was around 150 cm (small)

Great location (close to 2 metro lines, easy to reach from the apt), amazing staff!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very easy to access from the airport and very well located nearby Mong Kok and close to the metro station (either Olympic or Mong Kok). The room is bigger than most in Hong Kong and you also get complimentary tea & coffee. You have access to a smartphone with internet connection free of charge and also a safe. The hotel is surrounded by places to grab either food or coffee (Cafe de Coral, 7/11, restaurants and street food). You also have a night food market in the direction of Mong kok, about 10min walk from the hotel, and you are about 12min walk from Nathan Road (main avenue of West Kowloon).

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No table for my biz trip + the bed is very uncomfortable + the staff want to clean my room at 4pm after a long day

Location is great- near 2 mtr, many cheap restaurants nearby

• Standard Double or Twin Room

This time the price was almost double compared two weeks ago when we stayed--the same room!

Quiet,clean and good location. Staffs are willing to help.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not very pleasant experience. We have included the breakfast in our room rate. And during the breakfast we explained to cafe (at hotel 1st floor) employees, that we had a breakfast included in our room rate. She gave us a menu and we have chosen the breakfast we liked. But during the check out it turned out that we should have shown the breakfast coupon to have the standard breakfast and the breakfast we had on that day actually was not a standard one. As a result we had to pay for both standard breakfast and additional breakfast during the check out. And the hotel employees considered this was our mistake cause we didn’t show the breakfast coupon. They didn’t want to do anything about it, due to the cafe doesn’t belong to hotel (the question is - then why do you include this cafe’s breakfast in your hotel service?). It’s just not very pleasant to have such issues during vacation trip...

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Repeating breakfast, vendo not working, smelly shower curtain, due to combining of the (requested for double beds) single beds the refrigerator cannot be opened

Location was good, and staff were friendly. Breakwast was ok

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very easy to get there from Olympic station, many cheap Hong Kong restaurant and bars around. Easy to get there from airport. Not the best location in Hong Kong but very value for price you can get on booking.com

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Small room and toilet area.

Location was great as it is closer to olympic mtr station and the fast food chain like mcdo as well. I stayed for 2 nights and everything was good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The mattresses are REALLY firm, like a sheet of plywood with a quilt on top. Also, there was a major lack of powerpoints for charging phones, to charge two mobiles I had to move a desk and take out two appliances. Otherwise OK

• Standard Double or Twin Room

They need to change the bed because its hard. Plus it would be great if there is a heater in the room specially if its a cold weather.

Location is great. Near mtr station and mongkok. Friendly staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bottled water wasn’t free (it was free in Seaview), and we were charged upon check out. Location is not as convenient as expected. It is walkable but not as near to public transportation as we would like.

Comfortable and clean rooms. Friendly, helpful and polite staff. A lot of good restaurants nearby.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Location was not near public transport, but it was good to stretch your legs and go for a walk.

Great and big room, friendly staff, easy to find the hotel on the map, quiet location

• Adjoining Standard Room

Its sad that they no longer offer a breakfast buffet :(

This is our 3rd time to Silka. Everytime we go to HK, we see to it that we stay at Silka West because its very accessible to every attactions in HK and most importantly, just a walking distance to the Mongkok night market

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Unreasonably small room and washroom. Nearly impossible to bend in the washroom. Just one charging point and that too below the table - I had to ask for an extension cord (which they provided). Not even one bottle of water was provided in the room. The carpet was damp and had multiple blotches. Could hear the neighbors loud and clear. The hotel wi-fi service (not the hotspot) was intermittent and slow.

Fabulous location. Walking distance from Olympic and Mong Kok MTR stations, and Ming Kei college bus stop. Great staff - very helpful. Could take print outs and scan documents for free at the hotel. The mobile phone provided by the hotel came very handy; its Wi-fi hotspot worked very well.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Horrible beds, asked for non-smoking room with a double bed, and got smoking with two twin beds. Pictures are very deceiving. There was someone else's hair in our shower.

Hotel staff was nice.

• Adjoining Standard Room

The room is smaller than my expectation, the bed is quite hard for me and my daughter, the bedsheet and blanket aren't so clean.

The location is near public transport, minimarket, and small restaurants. The water pressure is great so we can have perfectly hot water after taking a long walk.

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was a bit dissappointed on the breakfast included. My friend stayed in Silka Seaview, so since they I thought they are same group or company, they had buffet breakfast. Room is a bit small as well

If you will just need a place to rest and place to leave your valuables, this place is okay. Personnels were nice and accomodating on the requests. I commend Mr. Henry as he was the receptionist during our check in. We arrived at 10am, but we were already allowed to check in. I was also surprised when they left a birthday note with chocolates.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I chose this hotel because I wanted to be close to the Airport Express, not for tourism. In consequence I can't really assess if the hotel is conveniently located. I did have to walk a bit from the subway station to get there though.

Comfy even if small but of course it's Hong Kong, so hotel rooms are always small. Very nice view of the city. A phone is provided in the room so you can go on the Internet easily. Toiletries are also included. The staff helped me find a taxi when I left early in the morning.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

On the contrary, the Manager was not customer-centric enough to assist me with an issue of my subsequent booking. He spoke with crossed-arms-on-chest throughout our interaction.

Reception (in particular Eric & Stella), Housekeeping and Maintenance staff were helpful & friendly. They were quick in attending to me when I reported problems on two occasions on the door lock & the TV remote controller.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was very small and it’d had only one connection point available to use, also the staff wasn’t very friendly

The location was pretty good, very easy to get to public transport

The bed was too hard. My back was hurting.

I love the fact they have cellphones you could use to hotspot with so you can enjoy your stay in hk more as you go around.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom was a little on the small side. Coming in the first day, it was confusing to find the address. The shower in the bathroom clogged really easily, and flooded the bathroom several times.

Check-in was relatively easy. The hotel provided a phone that was convenient to use as a hotspot while touring the city. Location was easy to find after the first day, and was located very close to tourist spots and the metro.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

For the time I was staying it was fine but if I wanted to spend more time I would have liked more facilities. Like a restaurant or cafe, maybe a lounge area. But for the money it was fine.

Straightforward, no frills but comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

1.- Frond desk men staff: At registration 1st day two men were unpolite, arrogant and no helpful to provide accordingly the invoice, even it was paid in full: I needed to insist very much to get a copy together with my Credit card receipt. 2.-We were two persons that needed 2 plastic/keys and they refuse to give us..absolutely 3.- the images on booking .com it doesn’t reflect the detailed rooms reality and space available; Are old/ broken furniture and poor maintenance. 4.- During 10 days; at the 5th I needed to request to pass the vacuum on the carpet and clean the table, as it seemed they just “ put in order the beds and put in semi- order” the bath... 5.- it would need update the “training to the men staff” to bring and raise the willingness and service/treatment to people.. overall when the requests are really needs.

1.-The bell boy at entrance, sometimes open open the door..and give an smile. 2.- A kind Thanks to the only lady at the Front desk. 3.- little rooms however enough area, however, looks bigger on the site.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We booked a double room and they put us in a twin for the first night, without offering any compensation. We had to request to be moved, and received little proactive help from the staff, although they were friendly enough. The rooms are tiny and the bare minimum was provided.

The staff were friendly and the location was convenient.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There's no free bottled water! The airport shuttle could have also been more frequent

free phone and free data is definitely the winner and has made the stay and travel in HK quite convenient and hassle-free

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

- Only 1 accessible power plug/socket (difficult for us to charge our 2 phones + their Freedy phone and our battery packs as well) - Breakfast is a set menu comprising of a plate of toast with egg and ham with a glass of juice and a cup of tea. For a place charging 156NZD/840HKD/107USD per night, the breakfast was a huge disappointment, and we decided to forgo this from the second day onwards - VERY hard bed that you can feel the spring/wires just sitting on it. Very uncomfortable - Bathroom is very tiny and water gets everywhere when you try to shower - the shower head doesn't stay still as well - The towels smell strongly of bleach - No refill of amenities after the first day (we stayed for 7 days) - I specifically enquired with housekeeping regarding the minibar on the first day and we were told it was complimentary for us. On check-out, the staff did not check this fact and rudely demanded me to pay for the things we have used.

- The doormen are always polite and observant, would attend to us when we were ignored by the reception staff - Freedy phone (free smartphone that comes with each room) is available with mobile data which we used as a hotspot therefore saving money for SIM cards - Reception staff agreeable to charge our battery packs and the Freedy phone at the reception desk (but there wasn't any other choices since there were no power strips)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was extremely small. bed extremely hard. toilet smelled like damp towel that doesn't get off. To charge your cellphone, you need to move the entire table. Only one outlet available in the entire room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The location of this hotel is very convenient as it has MTR and stores around the hotel, also it's about 20 minutes to the train station from Silka by taxi. Besides, the room rate of Silka is really competitive even though we were travelling on weekend.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The towel seems very thin and i am not sure if they are properly cleaned and bleached. Staff are not friendly at all.

Location is good. In the heart of a local community in Kowloon, there are many food choices around the hotel.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Really small rooms: just beds and a tiny table. Small bathroom with no bath (just a shower cabin). There was a smell of cigarettes inside the room. You can’t open the window. Air temperature is really cold even if you completely turn off the conditioner.

Very good location. Subway stations are nearby. The hotel is close to street food (Temple Street) and it is even close to bus routes to the airport (use bus E21 from The wifi works really good. Shower with warm or even hot water.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The only downsides to the property were: bed was hard but manageable, and there was only one power outlet in the room.

Staff could not do enough to assist and were fast and reliable.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

not really sound proof, voices from neighboring room or corridor clearly audible; beds a bit small

location; room with all expected accessories for this price

• Standard Double or Twin Room

- Slightly small rooms but okay since we basically only spent the night there. - Bed was a little on the hard side but still okay.

The room was exactly as advertised, although definitely Hong Kong size (comfy small). But enough room for luggage etc. The location is perfect, 2 MTR stations nearby and Mong Kok at walking distance. Room was very clean with daily cleaning service. The free (!) mobile phone with free local calls and internet (even hotspot!) was a fantastic addition and made us almost feel like locals. I would stay again!

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The beds are the worst I have ever had try and sleep on. Really I am not sure if they are beds??? They felt like a plank of wood with a sheet stretched over them and I think that is a generous assessment of their quality. The length was very short as well. Little to no English speaking TV. The room was smaller than the smallest cruise ship room I have ever stayed in. No place to store your luggage or clothes. I am really not very picky, but I at least expect a proper bed and a place to put my luggage and clothes.

The shower had good water pressure, and the food in the restaurant was good. Everything was very clean. The staff are helpful and pleasant.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The cleaners woke us up every morning if we didn’t remember to put the dont disturb sign. They came early: 7:30-8am when we were still sleeping, and they came into the room when we were still in bed. That was very uncomfortable and annoying. Breakfast was not very good. Beds were very hard. We booked a double room but got a twin room, which was also a bit disturbing. There might also been problems with the booking system, not sure was it their mistake though.

Good location, room was clean and convenient. Overall atmosphere in the hotel is nice. Staff in the lobby were helpful and friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is too small. If you want to have a space. I think this is not the good choice

The location is very good and I stayed at high level, there had a very good city view.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was super hard. And the room had barely any place to move around

The hotel provided a smartphone that has googlemaps and it came with unlimited data and local calls. The staff was happy to provide more pillows upon request. The hourly shuttle was quite convinent to use

• Standard Double or Twin Room

First of all the room alloted was way smaller than depicted in the photograph. There was hardly any space in the room to stand. The property didnt provide us with free water. They charged us with a hell lot of money per bottle. The wifi wasnt working properly and the complementary smartphone they provided us with unlimited 4G didnt work after stepping out from the property. The staff was friendly and the hotel was hygienic apart from that. So I wont recommend this hotel. No value for money

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is not big; so if you sharing a room with a friend be sure you're confortable and at easy to do it.

The location is great as it is really close to the Olympic Station. The room had a Smartphone included that you could use while exploring the city, Staff was friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed were quite hard Room a bit smelly

Staff at reception very helpful Close to MTR station Olympic (less than 10min), easy access from and to airport Room equipped with kettle and safe Local mobile phone provided for free

• Standard Double or Twin Room

This is my second time in this hotel. I stayed here because it is easy to go to the airport from there as I had an early flight to catch. The bed was large and very comfortable. Clean bathroom and helpful staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very small rooms and bathroom also very small hotel location very much rush sites and dirty what I choose on hotel photos when i arrived totally different so staff behavior very strange hotel lobby very small and dirty also lobby air condition not cooling so i don't think silka west Kowloon Hotel is three stars for me it's one star

• Standard Double or Twin Room

If you book this at a big discount it's value for money. The staff was friendly and professional. Hotel shuttle and free use of a handfone is a plus.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room could have been larger, but it had all the amenities and the free cell phone with international free calls was fantastic . The calls were FREE with no gimmicks . Who does that? Loved it!

Had breakfast outside hotel

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is very tight, beds are hard and short but we still enjoyed our stay despite

The location was great, only few mins away from MTR station which was 1 stop to KL and two to Central. The price for downtown HK, is unbeatable. It's not the Ritz but you ain't paying for Ritz quality.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I found the bed very hard. Not very close to MTR station, although is in walking distance (but not easy with suitcases). The elevator is kind of terrifying - the door closes very suddenly and quickly. There is not a long pause before it slams shut.

For Hong Kong, this is a decent-sized room, with a separate bathroom with a door. We got a good price and the area is kind of interesting - safe area with several hotels. Nice foyer and reception and good service from porter/lift attendant. Make sure to ask for a non-smoking room if that's what you want. They held our luggage in the daytime. Very easy to take bus to and from airport - stop is only couple minutes away at Ming Kei College stop. Good English from staff

• Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I didn't appreciate the fact that I was given 2 uncomfortable short single beds. I end up having stiff neck. The furnitures too old and distressed. Breakfast served in the buffet is pretty lousy. I was charged more than what was advertised.

Easy access to the train and Olympic shopping center.

Browse Silka West Kowloon Hotel traveller photo gallery