Reviews of Stanford Hotel Hong Kong 3 stars

118 Soy Street, Mongkok, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

#81 of 272 hotels in Hong Kong

• Urban Double Room

Hotel is located in busy Mongkok area. 2 MTR stops are within easy walking distance. Restaurants and shopping are plentiful in area. Hotel room was comfortable and clean. Most impressive was excellent service. Reception desk staff spoke good English, so no communication problems. When guests in a neighboring room smoked(on a non-smoking floor) and made raucous late-night noise, a staff member came up to investigate, listened attentively to us, later contacted the other guests re: our complaint. The next morning, we decided to ask for a different room. When we called to make the request, they had already found and prepared another room for us, in anticipation. They sent someone up to help us make the move. We were grateful and impressed at the high standard of hassle-free service. Special thanks to “Jack”(?) and “Kevin”.

• Urban Double Room

Room small but its common in hongkong so no big deal. The location to MTR around 500 mtr

They give a handy wifi thats very awesome. The place near ladies market. Lot of street food and restaurant.

Nothing at all.

I lost one important document while I left for the whole day. They cleaned the room and when I arrive I couldn't find it anywhere in our room but the hotel staff replaced it with a new document without any cost. That is very nice gesture from them and I like how they value their guests.

• Urban Double Room

Hotel staffs was friendly and helpful. Room was clean. Location was convenient and nearby a lot of eatery that open till late at night. Definitely will return back to stay

• Urban Double Room

This hotel I feel down grades to two stars ,poor reception service young boy with glasses staffs act like a berserk,.im surprised hongkong still so rundown in customer service at the particular hotel

• Urban Double Room

It could have been better if the bathrooms has bath tubs.

Our request of adjoining rooms was granted. The free shuttle ride is very convenient and useful. The breakfast buffet is affordable and good. We love the idea of free use of handy phones during our stay.The staff are friendly and the location is great.

The bed was too small

The staff was friendly and the room was comfortable, there were shuttle for those from the station and complimentary pocket wifi for us to use around the town.

Nothing in particular.

Decent hotel in a good location in Mongkok. Makes for a good base for exploring Hong Kong. Metro station is about a 5 minute walk away.

• Urban Double Room

Nice friendly staff, very clean rooms and good western & eastern breakfast! Location is good too close to Mong Kok subway station and many restaurants and small shopping outlets around. I really love it !

• Urban Double Room

The infrastructure are not good

This hotel has the best location in the area which is easy to arrive at the night market and shopping center.the transportation is convenient when you go to the subway or public transfer is quite nearby

• Urban Double Room

Suggestion: Could have more info on directions from Mong Kok Station. Smartphone free International calls - Canada not listed but the "USA" link can be used as both countries are COUNTRY CODE "1"

Very Clean. Great Breakfast buffet. Complimentary Smartphone in room to use/free international call and tourism/ticket help and can be used while away from the hotel., Great place to stay. Shuttle bus was great. Close to night markets

• Urban Double Room

Until 5:30pm I’m back to room still no make up room ,.. when I confronted the house keeping she told me,too busy can’t manage to clean up my room ,I was force just to change towel n pillow case only n replenish the toiletries ...cleanliness down to zero

• Urban Double Room

It is a few streets away from the MTR station and airport bus which takes about 10 mins to walk to with luggage through busy streets.

The location right next to the markets - Ladies Market, Flower Market is superb and priceless!

• Urban Double Room

Room size. But it is Hong Kong. So typical size to be fair.

Good location in Kowloon. Easy access to transport. Great for ladies market and sneaker street

• Urban Double Room

Could do with a bit of a facelift as public areas look a bit tatty. Rooms a bit small and not enough plug sockets. But overall for a three star it was okay.I did not eat there

Great location and room was comfortable. Wifi worked well

Room was small.

Service was excellent - better than some 5 star hotels. Pleasant, friendly, efficient. Location was good - close to markets, short walk to trains and buses, local restaurants nearby. Room was small but bathroom more than adequate. Free phone was useful.

• Urban Double Room

Aircon was too cold even if we turned the thermostat high. The heater function of the airconditioning was not working.

Location was very good. It’s close to train stations and establishments. Room was well-cleaned after each day. The male staff was friendly. The female ones need to be more accommodating, though. The handy celphone was also a good addition to the room! 😀

• Urban Double Room

Pillow was bit too soft. Missing large mirror from top to toe. If someone was talking on the hallway, you heared everything.

Space, I expected it will be much smaller. Nice big beds Close to a lot of restaurants and public transport.

• Urban Double Room

The downside was the sound of train passing by. I wake up around 5.15am at the sound of the train. Not good for light sleepers. My other companions didn't have that problem since their rooms were on the other end.

I liked how friendly and accommodating the staff is. Always with a ready smile. Location is good too. Near restaurants and shops.

• Urban Double Room

Pls put a luggage rack where we can mount and open our luggage. Had to do it on the floor.

Nice location, handyphone and adaptor were very handy and useful, room was recentl renovated and was very relaxing

• Urban Double Room

Wish you had a swimming pool and restroom at the lobby. Couldnt borrow a weigh machine so had to carry my luggage to lobby to weigh which was not convenient.

They guy with glasses wearing grey age 40+ gentleman was the top A+ service. Always greet, take us up bc i have 2 kids, got taxi for me. Smiled all the time and easy to talk too. Rate him high and will come back bc of his service. Also house keeping staff was very friendly and attention to details bc i have kids. Awesome stay

• Urban Double Room

The one and only thing i dont really like was that we didnt know that breakfast is separately charged from hotel bills which we dont usually encounter. Perhaps would suggest breakfast to be included in the hotel bills so that we can compare the pricing from booking.com

I like the location of the hotel whereby u can easily reached out to many famous eateries and shops. Hotel staffs are very polite and we felt welcome. We even received chocolates as complement from the hotel.

• Urban Double Room

The location was very good, plenty of eateries and 711 is just walking distance away. And most importantly, its near 2 MTR stations which makes travel around Hk very easy.

• Urban Double Room

We stayed for 3 nights and our bed sheets were not changed. They only change 1 duvet cover on the 1 day but the rest stayed till we checked out which I find a bit offsetting. I forgot to inform them about it but I thought the 2nd day they will sort it out themselves but it wasn’t. I didn’t get time to ask them to change it as my daughter was asleep when we reached and it was already late night. The same happened on our last night. The rooms were not cleaned as what we would expect and the bathroom as well. The elevator took a long time to accommodate. We keep on waiting for ages.

We have got a handy phone which offers free WiFi and calls both local /international and we can take with us when going out. Big plus point for them. Staff especially the porter were very helpful and accommodating.

• Urban Double Room

PERFECT! ROOM WAS EXCEED MY EXPECTATION LOCATION IS NOT BAD NEAR THE HANGOUT PLACE, COFFEE SHOP AND SHOPPING AVENUE DEFINITELY BACK TO THIS PLACE!

• Urban Double Room

Our check-in staff was terribly unfriendly. I never had such a staff like this in my life. He did not say Hi at all, and expressed us enough that I am annoyed. We arrived pretty earlier than Check-in time so we kindly asked him if its possible to check-in a bit earlier than at 14:00. THERE he just said NO WAY. That was all. No smile, expressing, not willing to help. Another thing is, we are non-smoker. Asked for non-smoking room without somke odor. As soon as when we enter the little tony roomwhere we could not even open properly our luggage, came full of SMOKE SMELL. We called for changing room, but course this unfriendly staff said just WAIT. And 1 lovely cleaning lady came with full of chemical air spray to spray our room 3 times and left. What is that? We can not even open the window mam! So.. I would not stay here again..

The location is amazing! You can easily work to great local food places and many things are going on! Our room was clean and cozy.

• Urban Double Room

the room is a bit small and old.

The location is very convenient. The staff is super helpful and extra friendly. As a three-star hotel, its facility definitely goes beyond my expectation.

• City Double Room

Indifferent reception check in, routinely malfunctioning elevator key, sounds from other rooms, poor WiFi , very tight room design for 2 westerners.

Housekeeping was great, hot water in shower perfect, breakfast buffet diverse and personal.

• Urban Double Room

The breakfast buffet's scramble eggs option wasn't clear (you could actually ask the staff to make). I only found out just before I was leaving. It was a great scrambled eggs though!

Great location within Mongkok. Room was comfortable and well furnished. Also, pretty cool that they had a phone you could take out of the hotel.

• Urban Double Room

excellent value for price. room was small but very clean and comfortable. the water in the shower was always hot; this is big bonus. you can't go wrong with the location. the staff were very helpful. i would definitely stay in this location again.

• Urban Double Room

No area to relax before room was ready. Located in a very busy area, didn't realize mongkok get's that busy. (but if you want to stay in mongkok, it's perfect)

As I arrived very early and they were fully booked, no room was available. However, the staff did their best to get me a room in the next couple of hours, well before the official 2pm time. Nice hotel, nothing fancy, but good clean room and good bed.

• Urban Double Room

The bed sheet was not clean enough, my mother had some red spots on her legs. After the hotel changed the sheet, everything was ok.

The location is good and the staff was really helpful and friendly.

• Urban Double Room

The heater of room 1213 was broken, it’s good thing housekeeping had a portable one which they lent to us.

The staff were very helpful & the location of the Hotel was perfect.

• Urban Double Room

The room is very small but everything is new.

Good location, with lots of restaurants and action nearby. Close walk to Mongkok metro station. You can also take a free shuttle bus from the Airport Express Kowloon Station to a stop nearby the hotel, with just a 5 mins walk to the hotel.

• Urban Double Room

I didn't like the aircon, but that's more my problem than the hotel's.

All the staff (reception / cleaning / support / management) were extremely helpful, friendly and professional. The location is excellent, with lots of small restaurants and convenience stores nearby, as well as watering holes with craft and draught beers. Both Mongkok and Mongkok East metro stations are within easy walking distance. Good, reliable free shuttle service to Hung Hom.

• Urban Double Room

the staff was bloody rude, when i called before check in. they told me the deposit was only 500hkd. Upon check it they suddenly said is 2000hkd. i informed them that i have only 500 ready for the deposit. End up they told me that, since the deposit is little im not able to use the wifi phone and im not able to call oversea or local due to my deposit was 500hkd. this is a disgrace to the hotel. will never stay this hotel again

• Urban Double Room

Breakfast wasn't great for value. If you like eggs make sure you all service staff for how you like them, or explore Mongkok for better breakfast for value.

Location is perfect for Mongkok and access to tube station is 10 minute walk which gives you access to whole of Hong Kong.

• Urban Double Room

The room is alittle too small for comfort. But still alright in terms of the beds(big enough).

Location is good. Close to Cinema, Night Markets and easy to find. Good and cheap lobster meal beside the hotel.

• Urban Double Room

Though the hotel wrote to me a week prior to my arrival, it failed to remind me to bring the credit card that I used for booking as verification. Well thanks to online banking, otherwise I won't be able to verify that I am the credit card owner that have used to book and paid in full.

I love the fact that the hotel actually have record that I am a re-visit customer and have my record. infact is my 3rd time staying with them and we got our room upgraded with no additional cost. I am also glad that the housekeeper don't ring the bell during the morning round for house keeping service though we didn't put up the DND sign. while we go breakfirst and return back to hotel the room are all clean up! that is really efficient.

• Urban Double Room

The room was small and a bit old-fashioned, but it was clean! THe shower was too small for me (189cm).

We really liked the staff and their readiness for any questions. The location, the bed and wifi. Free shuttle to the popular places. Brekafast is fine. The room has a smartphone with a lot of information. The room was a bit cold and the hotel provided a heater immediately for heating.

• Urban Double Room

The manager and the staff went out of their way to be helpful. They told us of the great local markets and even translated information into Chinese for us. This is a wonderful location in Hong Kong. Close to many great shopping areas and sights. I plan on going back to The Standford the next time I go to Hong Kong. You'll love the staff and facilities. Oh, by the way-- the Buffet was great!!

• Urban Double Room

It was near to ladies market about 2 mins walk and 10 mins to mong kok mtr. And accessible to tourist spots. Abit confusing finding the hotel cos the street sign are small. Staffs are accomodating particularly OTO, he is so helpful knowing that we can’t communicate well in their local dialec. Their free handphone was useful in navigating the area. Since we are travelling as a family they took consideration of our needs and upgraded our room to a connecting one. Rooms are maintained even if we didn’t request for it.

• Urban Double Room

there is no toilet at the lobby! thats my real concern and the price for a really tiny room.. i think its too much..

i like that the staff are accomodating in a way. and there is a free phone that you can use if you want to roam around.

• Cosmo Double or Twin Room

Front office staff spoke limited English, will answer questions when asked, but without a smile.

The location is great for exploring Mongkok, pretty safe, even at night. Lots of good street food. Watched a movie at nearby cinema.

• Urban Double Room

Difficult to get taxi. We have to walk to the main road to get taxis and hotel staff told us to do that instead of booking taxis for us. I have two old folks with me which is difficult to walk and wait for taxi for long time.

• City Double Room

We ask for a non smoking room, and was told the whole level is a smoke free zone, but we can smell the smoke as soon as you walk out the lift, my wife felt sick of that

very clean and modern, free mobile phone with unlimited data to use including international call

• Urban Double Room

All our 4 rooms stink of cigarettes despite being a non smoking floor and room. Poor WiFi.

Stinking rooms, annoying and loud guests, small rooms, WiFi was poor.

• Urban Double Room

Really good value for a hotel room in HK. Clean, comfortable with renovated bathroom. Has a mobile phone supplied which saves getting a sim card Staff are helpful and friendly

• Urban Double Room

The toilet is old style, didnt match the room, could be renewed, and the shower cabin is too small. Also, there is no socket near the bed, and the floor was a bit dusty. The hallway can get noisy at night too, and its lights stay on all night.

Metro is 10min walk from the hotel, great location in the middle of MongKok, with many shops around. Comfortable bed and pillows, handy phone available for free, complimentary fruits, nice shower. In general is a nice hotel and would stay there again.

• Urban Double Room

Comfortable room, friendly staff. A little bit far from metro and a bus stop of A21 (bus from airport) but it's still convenience. Many restaurants nearby, ladies market just a few steps from the hotel.

• Cosmo Double or Twin Room

1 Noise from construction nearby 2 When I booked YOUR website said "Included 10% property surcharge" - it was not. I note though that you have now corrected your website.

Bathroom facilities great

• Urban Double Room

It did not provide free daily hotel breakfast for the price paid. Hotel staff were not flexible for early check in for guests who arrive early with family despite seeing groups of tourists checking out.

Location was conveniently located near the heart of Mongkok area. Room space was sufficient for a small family.

• Urban Double Room

Location was central. The staff were welcoming, friendly and helpful. Thank you also for the chocolates. That was very sweet. Internet speed was fast and the Handy Phone provided was really appreciated.

• Urban Double Room

The location could have been nearer to the nearest MTR (Mongkok).

The staff are very helpful and the facilities are clean. They gave us free fruits as a welcome gift on the first day and chocolate biscuits on our last day. It was a lovely and thoughtful gesture :)

non at the moment

convenient location, friendly staff and comfy bed. extra benefit for traveler without data connection, as the hotel will provide mobile with free data access when out of premises

• Urban Double Room

The currency conversion rate is high when we paid the hotel fee by Visa, the hotel should allow us to pay cash which is about Hk$250 cheaper for the 4 nights stay.

Good location, walking distance to Ladies market and about 10 mins walk to the Mong Kok mrt station. Many choices of food around the hotel. The 2 gentlemen at Reception counter are very helpful, provide very helpful advices. The cleaner at 9 floor is also good. The room is new and very clean, bathroom is also new and clean. Bed is comfortable also. The hand phone provided is a plus point for this hotel, overseas and local calls are free with the access of the 4G, we can bring the hand phone out and have free Internet access. There is no additional charge for the hand phone provided, only need to pay HK $500 deposit.

• Urban Double Room

Although we were in a non-smoking floor, room smells a little smoky, an air purifier will probably help Ü

The Handy unit available for the guests' use is very helpful, food is awesome and the hotel staff are very friendly and prompt.

• Urban Double Room

Better shuttle bus services in terms of the drop off locations

Great location and polite staff, walking distance to all great places and market. Didn't need to take a taxi anywhere. Mtr was closeby and so many great food places on that street including well known dessert places. Very clean rooms and comfy beds. Love the smartphone as it saved me from buying a SIM card. I used hotspot on my Samsung. Free data outside :)

• City Double Room

A bit far from metro station, and also price on booking.com was much more than i found on hotel direct site, but it was too late to cancel.

Hotel and room were nice, and breakfast was good.

• Urban Double Room

The room I requested was not available when I got there, so I came back in an hour.

The location is great and convenient. The hotel is only about 1 block from the busy area, so it's quiet. The staff is helpful and polite.

• Urban Double Room

I reserved a handicap accessible room and I had confirmed my needs with the hotel but the room is not as advertised. The room was way too small and not safe to use the shower if you are disabled in any way. Only useful if the person was elderly and wanted a bar to hold on to while showering. The hotel manager was very nice and on the third night moved us to a bigger room but still not accessible and my husband could not shower during the three night stay. The room we stayed in on the last night was lovely.

Location was very goo,d near the ladies market. The staff were very friendly and helpful regarding how to use subway system using a wheelchair. I liked this hotel because we had a late night flight and they ket us pay hourly until 6pm for a late check out, that was a wonderful option.

• City Double Room

The hotel policy for the reservation is outdated. You could not booked on behalf for other as the name of the credit card use for booking must be the same as the check in name. It is troublesome if you would like to book, example for your parent who did not use credit card or as a gift for someone. They provide an alternative where you do via tt transfer. This is also so outdated and it cost you more. I'm lucky because the bank that I use did not charge any bank charges. If not I will look elsewhere.

location.

• Urban Double Room

Very convenient location for transport especially to MTR station, for good local food and shopping. Wiill definitely stay again or recommend to friends and family.

- They offer only 1 pair of slipper why we booked room for 2 people :(

- Bed is super comfortable - Location is quite ok (consider that this hotel rate is quite cheap). Near to Mongkok area (only 5 - 10 mins walk)

• City Double Room

Beds are tough on the back and rooms are small, but it seems to be like that at most places

Great location, just down the street from ladies market and so easy to get a cab from/to hotel and surrounded by authentic and westernized restaurants

• Urban Double Room

Bed was too hard at least for us. Homemades were going straight to the room without knocking (or we didn’t heared few times). The location is ok. Not bad, not good. Just ok. But it was only 7-10mins walk to MRT.

Room was very clean, it was quiet despite the fact it is next to pretty loud places like market. The room was small but it was designed properly so it doesn’t felt that.

• City Double Room

The windows in my smoking room couldn't open but overall, I was happy to stay at the hotel.

On my overnight stay, transiting through Hong Kong, I found the hotel to be in a great location for late night options. If you want a meal at 3am, there's places nearby that are open. I love the vibe of the city and felt really safe walking around at night, even though I got lost and wandered the streets. I knew the name of my hotel and the street it was on and the taxi driver knew exactly where to go, once I was ready to return. Staff was friendly and having the option for a smoking room is a nice option for those who would rather not go outside for a smoke.

• Urban Double Room

Price went a bit too high on Saturday night comparing to other nights. (I noticed this when I tried to book the hotel for my next visit, but maybe it was just for that period of time)

Great location. Close to shops and restaurants that open till very late at night. Plus lots of people are still walking around till late night so it doesn't seem dangerous on the way back to the hotel. Near subway station.

• Urban Double Room

Staffs aren't courteous and friendly; lacks customer service skills. Didn't even thank us upon leaving the hotel.

Rooms are clean with good facilities. Good location also since it is near the mtr.

• Cosmo Double or Twin Room

Wi-Fi was horrible! It was the worst internet I have every experienced in my life, besides DSL/dial-up. Price was too expensive for what was offered. $250 for a room, with no breakfast included and very very poor internet was a disappointment.

Room was small, but good enough for one night. Beds are hard, typical for Asian hotels. Hotel and room were very clean.

• Urban Double Room

there was a certain Mr Chou at the reception who was very very friendly and helpful. He helped me to figure out how to use the handy phone(which was a bonus that the hotel provided so that we saved on sim cards as we can tether our phones) as well as finding out departure timing of the ferries ( as the family is leaving for Macau after HK). To have a staff like him is a gem.

• Urban Double Room

Hotel is quite a distant from the MTR. About 15 min walk No way you can walk with your luggage to take public transport Surrounding is full of good food and hotel is away from the busy main road thus quiet

Hotel nearby full of good food and shops Hotel is away from the busy main road thus quiet Housekeeping is excellent

• Urban Double Room

Excellent staff, one receptionist in particular researched the next place I was going and printed a map in English and Chinese for me to give to a taxi driver. He also ran up the street in order to hail me a cab.

• Urban Double Room

Take the A 21 bus from airport to the banking centre stop not the Mongkok station stop as we were advised by driver. Its closer.

Very helpful staff. Let us book in early and leave later than checkout time. This is a very clean, renovated hotel with comfortable western style beds. Use of smart phone was great. TV had several English channels.

• Urban Double Room

Our room was a bit small and lacked adequate places to put clothes. Perhaps we should have asked for a change, but at the time we were too tired.

Comfortable bed. Nice breakfast.

Browse Stanford Hotel Hong Kong traveller photo gallery