Reviews of Wharney Guang Dong Hong Kong 4 stars

57 - 73 Lockhart Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

#205 of 290 hotels in Hong Kong

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Good stay, no major problems. Just a bit on the pricey side for 3-4 star accommodation.
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Staff could have been more helpful and it is expensive for what you get.

Excellent location for getting around Hong Kong island. Close to MTR and easy to get taxis. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Our son and his wife plus a group of friends were visiting from England so we stayed up town .
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Problems booking in because I have a visa "debit card" and not a visa credit card we had to pay a cash deposit, which made us look like dodgy people . Admittedly we were given our cash back,on checkout when they proceeded to charge us against said "debit card". Also I am only 173 cm tall asked for a bathtub to have a soak in it was more like a sink about 50 cm long.

Location is the best thing about the hotel, staff are friendly enough .

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Beware of Pipe-In Smoke to Room
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

I was given a Smoking Room on a Smoking floor till I became sick with fever, flu and cough. Isn't the standard industry practice to place guests in Non-Smoking room unless they ask for Smoking Room?? This has really marred my visit to and stay in Hong Kong. I'm still sick after leaving Hong Kong for a few days.

The friendly doorman :)

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

The location was perfect, and staffs were helpful, even that...
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

no movie channels were available on TV. The windows were shut closed. And the bed only had blankets without sheets.

The location was perfect, and staffs were helpful, even that some didn't understand English fully!!!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

HK island hotel value deal
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Its been awhile since they refurbished the rooms. Smells a bit moldy. Shame that there was no option for double bed since our booking offered both options.

Convince and air-conditioning. The rooms are a bit small but this is normal for Hong Kong. Friendly stuff and fantastic price if you're looking for something on the island.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Very pleased at our choice , could not have been better
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Very expensive when we tried to book a separate home trip night and they charged for late check out so we did not stay

We got a very good deal for locking in to booking 6 months beforehand on booking.com Michael Yeung was very helpful in reception/lobby Very close to conference centre and affordable restaurants across the road - we liked the Chinese one next to the Turkish one we did not try. Chinese one opposite the hotel and to the right going out. 7/11's useful for light breakfast in the heat but hotel did serve breakfast and have a (for us expensive restaurant

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

• Superior Queen or Twin Room

The floor I stayed needs a renovation, the rooms' facilities are quite old, I guess that's why the price was so good compare to the similar hotels around here.

Location is great, near MTR station, well connected to the places I need to go for my work and lots of options for shopping and dinning in 5 minutes walk.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Position of hotel close to bus, trains and restaurants and...

View from room, rooms in Hong Kong much smaller than China and Singapore

Position of hotel close to bus, trains and restaurants and bars although very busy

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

This hotel is not smoke free.
    • Superior Triple Room

If you are a non-smoker, please check and make sure you have booked smoke-free floor. I could smell intense cigarette on the floor that I have stayed, and my clothes were smelling like cigarette after staying there for 2 nights. But staff were so friendly!!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Very bad!
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Rooms are dirty (we booked 2). Bathroom looks like they were build 50 years ago. Never seen such a dirty toilet. I will never come again to this hotel.

Hotel gave us a room on the renovated floor so everything in...
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Airport Express shuttle bus stopped opposite the hotel. Need to walk quite a distance with luggage. Hotel undergoing renovation now so a bit noisy.

Hotel gave us a room on the renovated floor so everything in the room is new. Near mtr.

I stay at this hotel everytime I'm at hong kong, this...
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

again the location of this place is abit harsh at night, alot of "working ladies" and strip clubs

I stay at this hotel everytime I'm at hong kong, this time i was upgraded to a luxury suite, was amazing.

The bed was comfy and the room staff efficient
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

There was no couch to relax on. The fridge was not cold and after being given another fridge it still was not old. I located the control myself and fixed the problem. Very surprised your staff could not attend to such a basic issue. The toilet stuck on flush which I also fixed myself.

The bed was comfy and the room staff efficient

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

• Executive Plus Queen or Twin Room

The location was great, close to the MRT and many good bars and places to eat. Room was very comfortable and nice and quiet. Pool was a nice little escape. I would stay again.

Disappointment - go to a reliable hotel chain instead
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

We specified that we are non-smokers but was allocated a room on a smoking floor. There was loud construction going on above us at the time of our stay (which we were not warned about), and when we requested for a room change the staff gave no care nor sympathy. The room looked run down and did not resemble the photos. The bathroom was especially grimy. Don't bother asking for anything from the reception staff as they will not do the simplest request for their guests.

Great location (and breakfast)
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

On arrival i was upgraded, unfortunately ii was given a smoking room on the smoking floor. Didn't request a smoking room. When i asked to move they told me the hotel was full, I'd made my booking 10 weeks prior. I was moved to a very nice room two days later.

The breakfast buffet and location are great.

Great location in the centre of Wan Chai
    • Superior Triple Room

Great location, right in the centre of Wan Chai which can get loud but we had no trouble with noise when sleeping. Plenty of restaurants and supermarkets and most importantly the MRT station nearby. Great hotel for families, recommended!

decent for short stay, but not best value
    • Executive Plus Queen or Twin Room

-construction work during the day, not announced on the website -difference between executive plus rooms on floor 17 vs. 20/21 (decor, degree of comfortability) -facilities such as gym and swimming pool should be advertised more -no offer of shuttle bus to HK station/airport -cleaning lady removed toiletries and did not refill supply

-good breakfast -good executive lounge -executive plus rooms seem to have been renovated (try to get a room on 21st floor) - close to mtr, government buildings and bars (a lot of prostitutes at night though)

definetely worth coming

smartphone wasn't able to show location after 3 days of our stay

great location, helpful staff speaking very good English, comfortable rooms, fast check in and check out, swimming pool and gym with high quality without additional charges, smartphone available in the room,

Comfortable and convenient!
    • Superior Triple Room

Housekeeping didn’t replace cups or spoons unless asked. They are renovating at the moment so construction can be a little loud.

One of the bigger rooms you’ll find in Hong Kong, staff are super accommodating. I went with two friends and we stayed in a Triple room, we had enough space for all of us and our luggage. Super convenient location, metro 2 min away. In a area where there is good nightlife. They have a great kebab and pizza place around the corner if you’re looking for a late night feed!

Excellent location in Wan Chai.
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Excellent location in Wan Chai. Good clean hotel and try to stay there when there's no conferences on in HK as it becomes too expensive for me.

Hong Kong highlights
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The breakfast was basic with few choices for western tastes. Dispite breakfast being included we were charged for my partners breakfast for three days.

Great would use this hotel again
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

No outlets in room besides 2 shared one used for coffee and provided phone. Needs bed outlet or more especially in today's world with so much electronics. Key card to keep electric on as a couple you want 2 keys one for each But you don't want to return after a day of activities to a hot hotel room. This I found is a common issue with all Hong Kong hotels,hostels etc or maids staff will turn off or remove. Prices are a bit high for a basic hotel room but comparing to a USA style where I consider a standard room but that's the price of space in Hong Kong so space rooms at a premium here and charge for that space. Prices high for breakfast which should be included with a stay at room prices but its hk. . But was great stay would use this hotel again especially for the area or if you want to enjoy the night life.

Great staff good customer service for help with taxi rides to the door men and reception quick check in & out.

Close to restaurants and bars!
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Rooms and especially bathrooms could use a bit of sprucing up, but otherwise the room size was pretty good for the Hong Kong.

Great location if you are want to be near restaurants and bars in Wan Chai. Also very convenient and close to bus lines. A little further to walk if you want to use the MTR.

Great value in an excellent location

Not much

I stay at this hotel quite often and appreciate the generous room size (by HKG standards) and most of all, its excellent location, close to MTR, Ferry and local amenities.

Excellent hotel with good service, convenient location and great room and super pool!
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

I didn't like having to leave that pool to go to the airport!

The location was fantastic,, close to metro and all amenities. Staff were helpful and friendly, room was big and clean and comfortable. The pool was amazing and just what we needed to cool down after our fun outings.

all round fantastic experience.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

It was abit of a confusion to work out to get access to the pool as it is on a separate building, and you have to get changed at the Gym area. Then get the stairs back up to the pool. The pool was fantastic however it was not heated and we couldn't stay in the pool for long as it was that cold.

A fantastic location near all the bars and the famous The Pawn restaurant just 4 minutes walk from the hotel! Easy walk to the MTR station and the facilities were extremely clean and well looked after. Me and my Partner thoroughly enjoyed our stay as it was everything we had expected and the convenience of the location was such a bonus! The staff are extremely nice and helpful, always up for assisting you. The rooms had everything you needed and was very clean.

Great location,big enough room
    • Executive Plus Queen or Twin Room

Shuttle bus took half an hour to drop to hotel. Breakfast had limited options and the staff in that place did not understand English.

The close proximity to wan chain metro station was the biggest plus point of the hotel. The staff was very helpful and warm. I stayed in executive plus room ,the size was on and it had minibar with 2 free beer ,2 coke n water bottle :) Rooms were quiet ,modern decor with iron,kettle n yup a free WiFi phone which was very convenient to use .The same phone can be used for a making calls by paying 20 HKD per day. Free shuttle bus service was available from Hong Kong station of airport metro but I would recommend to use Metro MTR if u don't have much baggage,as shuttle took lot of time to drop to wharney. There were lots of good eating options around like Mc Donald,KFC,pizza hut,subway,khana khazana,hay hay kitchen. Will stay there again

Average
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

I booked a room with double bed and paid in advance only to be told when I checked in, it wasn't available.

Location to MTR was very convenient for my work travel.

I liked that was close to the business center.
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

They have more types of rooms with different prices. When we checked in they initially gave us a tween room with a lower value than the one we paid for. I had to insist to receive the double bed room I paid for.

I liked that was close to the business center. They have a mobile phone you can take with you and create a hotspot to use the data for free.

Excellent value for the room and location. Dine out and use public transport transfers to airport
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

I had a little heart attack when they said 500 deposit until I established that was HKG dollars. The pool did not open until 1030. Breakfast I would suggest dining out, the food choices were limited and not very nutritious. I was told to get a taxi to the airport which ended up costing me 60AUD! suggest instead that you catch taxi to central station and then airport train

Excellent location and I got upgraded which was a lovely surprise. reception staff were very welcoming and efficient. The room was spacious and well equipped.

Location was great: close to the Central area, a lot of bars...
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

I wish they'd give more towels and I'd like the mini bar to be fuller with snacks and drinks.

Location was great: close to the Central area, a lot of bars and restaurants around. The staff was nice and caring, loved the pool. Room was clean and spacious. Would stay there again for sure!

Hotel for smokers
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Half of the hotel are smoking floors. When I checked in, they gave me a smoking room - without informing me. Quite the surprise when I opened the door. Requested to change rooms but personnel wasn't very cooperative.

Good location in Wan Chai.

Good deal for a short stay and moderate confort.
    • Executive Plus Queen or Twin Room

Strong regret for the false advertising offered when booking : We were supposed to have booked a big room on the last floor + free breakfast, nothing of it was included Cold welcome from staff, difficult to have general information about the hotel (prices fro extras, schedules for swimming pool...) Poor schedules for the swimming pool, we didn't use it. Would not recommend the neighborhood for familes as many hookers are around the building at night

Good localisation, clean room coming with everything you expect from a middle class hotel. We enjoyed using the free smartphone provided by the hotel as wifi hotspot.

Very nice and spacious room with comfortable beds, good location, unfortunately very dirty bathroom!
    • Superior Triple Room

The bathroom war very, very dirty!Never seen such thing before!There was moist allover the walls and everywhere!It looked as it haven’t been cleaned properly for years!We knew from some previous reviews, that it needs a renovation...yes, it does, but this was not the problem! Even the bathroom is old, it must be possible to clean it!!!The problem was that it was really, really DIRTY! Also it was very noisy the first night (weekend), we could hear a lot from the other rooms and the corridor, people coming and going the whole night..(Location: red light street), we couldn’t barely sleep. After the weekend it was better. After all we really enjoyed our trip to Hong Kong!The room (except bathroom) is very convenient with a good location to explore Hong Kong.

The room was big enough for us three, there were a wardrobe and ironing facilities in the room, so we had enough space to store our luggage.The beds were very comfortable! The location of the hotel is good, you can even walk to Soho for about 30 mins, 5-10 min by Taxi (very cheap and convenient- about 4-5 USD or even less). You can also take the tram or the metro, both stops are very close to the hotel. The area is very lively with lots of restaurants, but be aware that this is also a kind of “red light” street, night clubs/ gentleman bars right next the hotel, so expect it to be very noisy on the weekends.

Room
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

The rooms look old and tired even though they had recently been updated.

Good staff and welcoming, in the heart of the night life with lots of places to drink and eat.

Pleasant stay in Wharney
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

We arrived at around 10 AM. They don't have an "early checked-in" So what happened, after we process our booking and paid. We waited until it is almost checked-in time around 2PM. For future guests, make sure to arrived in the hotel at the closest time of their checked-in time policy and that is 2PM or else you have to wait in the lobby. Whether walked-in or you made a booking online.

✔ The hallway smells so good. ✔ The room is very cozy and big ✔ The airconditioning in the room can make the room cool faster which is really a big plus. ✔ They always make-up the room and refill the complimentary water. ✔ They change the used towels all the time. ✔ They have buffet breakfast. Though they dont have many choices, the breakfast is very filling. Much needed for a long anf tiring tour in Disney and Ocean Park.

Central location
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

First room located next to transformator or sth similar with loud equipment, almost no sleep possible. We could change the room, but still audible. Why does the hotel has these loud equipment in the middle of at least floors 12 and 25?

Central location

The team were all excellent from the door men and women ti the concierge
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

The receptionist was a Trainee. I did not get her name however she was exceptional and imo if all trainees were this good it would be a pleasure coming back.

• Superior Queen or Twin Room

Cleanliness, not enough, hotel flexibility (not possible to delay the check-out by 1-2 hours, Room too small as to compare with close by hotels,

Would stay again
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Only one person per room could access the free wifi.

Pool was cold. Bed comfy. Room was great size. Phone per room you could use for free to see attractions and maps to help you get around

6.0
    A pleasant stay, little things would have made it even better.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

We upgraded our room for this visit as we stayed here the previous week and were disappointed with the room, too small, kept smacking my elbow on the toilet roll holder and there were limited toiletries provided. On this visit we stayed in an executive plus room which was much better however there were no facecloths provided in the room which was a bit strange. Also the lifts are incredibly slow and tiny, very frustrating to the point that we may consider staying elsewhere for our next visit to Hong Kong.

The bed was very comfortable, good quality linen, executive lounge was very nice.

Good value for money. Pleasant, comfortable, convenient. Situated in the heart of lively Wan Chai.
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

- View wasn't very inspiring (ask for a room overlooking Lockhart Road)

+ Hotel offered me a free upgrade to one of the executive rooms + Wan Chai location was very convenient, near lively bars, and a 5-minute walk from the MTR + Hotel staff were helpful and efficient throughout, and kindly allowed me to check-out 30 minutes later + Swimming pool was very pleasant and well maintained + Room was very comfortable, tastefully furnished, and slightly larger than average for Hong Kong

Great location, we arrived really early and our room...
    • Superior Triple Room

Great location, we arrived really early and our room wasn't ready however we were able to check our bags in and use the gym facilities to freshen up which was great

A functional, comfortable hotel in a good spot. Very good value.
    • Executive Queen or Twin Room

We had a lot of luggage and there was limited space to put clothes away. Tiny drawers were not much use.

Excellent position in Wan Chai and plenty of interest around the area. We were upgraded to a higher floor and were able to have simple breakfast at no cost on floor 21. Quick efficient attention at the desk and pleasant helpful door staff. Comfortable bed and shower room good.

Quite adequate after my initial disappointment (and the smelly dark hallway).
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

When I arrived much to my surprise and disappointment I was given a room with only a shower despite having requested a room with a bathtub. Upon my protest I was switched to a room with a bathtub but it was on a darker floor and a smoking floor - the hallway stank of tobacco. Thankfully the room did not smell of tobacco - and was satisfactory. Not all hallways in this hotel are dark; some are very well lit and I have had good experiences here too...

I like the location, and have been well treated during previous stays.

Good location but could be better trained.
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Gave me a room for handicapped people without even informing me, spent 2 days having to sit down just to take a shower. Check in took almost 30 minutes due to system problems, even though other people checked in quicker after us?

Comfy bed. Great location, polite staff.

I like the location, the fact a bathtub was available rather...
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I was put on a smoking floor; room was ok but the hallway stank and was very poorly lit. I didn't like that the room was substantially more expensive than the (much better!) room they had given me just a short time earlier.

I like the location, the fact a bathtub was available rather than just a shower, and the late checkout time afforded me. Staff (especially doormen/bell desk) were very friendly and congenial.

Cool
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Breakfast only 120HKD and I loved it..

The rooms are not too bib, but hardly enought...the hotel are at the middle of wan chai area at Lochart Rd. So always nightlife...

Excellant will look to book next time
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

I have stayed at the Wharney a number of times in the past and changed my choice because the rooms were old and not value for money but they have re designed and re-decorated and my room on the 17th floor had very fresh feeling, a major improvement.

Will certainly recommend this Hotel to friends and i will stay there again.
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I would love to see the bathrooms on the club and executive floors have no baths but good size showers.

Beds & pillows- 100% comfortable Rooms - Good Size Check in and check out - very efficient Fantastic location with good eateries close by.

Great place
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

the location.. is problematic , from one point its VERY close to the subwai station wan chai, however at night this entire area is filled with bars and prostitues and nudy strips, not for the light hearted.

the staff is very generous, everyone is really helpfull, the room itself is great and very nice ,the bed is super comfy and just everything is really nice

Location is central and the personal is friendly.
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Dirty carpet and used toilet cap. Mould in the bathroom. Have to renovate the room and bathroom No fresh air in the room.

Location is central and the personal is friendly. We checked in at 9 am Good breakfast The bad is comfortable

was great got laid a lot
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Breakfast is a buffet, the same boring one everyday, no variety, no sweetrolls. What they did have was good just boring. Housekeeping drove me nuts I am out late sleeping late. With the do not disturb sign up its knock knock then they call seeing when they can do room. Leave me the F___ alone! I am not here for your convenience

We had a free couple of days so stayed in town .
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

The bath tub seemed a little too short for me (I'm not exactly a giant, and the lifts (elevators) where pretty small just about get four adults in a time especially in the week of the rugby sevens

The location is excellent, staff friendly and helpful nice and quiet in your room considering you are staying in the centre of one of the most busiest cities in the world. Just turn right at the entrance walk to a set of traffic lights look opposite, there is a very nice Western style cafe called the Flying Pan ( I live in HK, so a full English goes down very well once in a while) if you like Dim sum there are many excellent places for you to try.

Great location but will choose another hotel in Wan Chai in future
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

The wallpaper was flaking, the carpet was stained and the overall condition of the room did not match the photographs on the website. I was disappointed.

The bed and pillows were very comfortable

A let down.Not as advertised on Booking.com website
    • Executive Queen or Twin Room

This was not as described by Booking .com. No Bath.Smaller room. When I aproached staff they told me they would move us to a better room after a few days as they were full.It never happened. Very dissapointed.This is the second time I have had a bad experience through booking.com. I cant trust this website anymore

Good value for the money.
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

The hotel had a perfume smell in the lobby and next to the elevators which was a little too strong for my taste. It was also a little dark in the room, even with all the lighting on.

The bed was super comfortable and the staff was always helpful and friendly. The location was fantastic, walking distance to all amenities and many public transportation options.

A crate arrived early - they accepted it, they carefully stored it, told me the minute I arrived and

It was great -

I have been back at least 4-5 times and the service has always been great. Rooms are graciously large for HK and the value cant be beat. Wonderful location: easy to get a massage at midnight! Good food and lots of activities.

Rxpensive
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

I tried changing the dates and they would not even consider the change. I extended our stay and they absolutely thrashed us in charges despite the fact the hotel was nowhere near full.

Good, but keep in mind the extra 10% service fee!
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

They charged me 10% extra service fee on check-out. It's true that is as advertised, but I missed that part and it's an unfortunate surprise, so beware of it.

Location is perfect, just a few meters away from the MTR and easy to get around. The breakfast is good, worth it to get it included. I got an upgrade to the executive floor for free, which was nice.

Very pleasant
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Too much admin to pay for beer in the Canny Man ...signing three receipts ...just silly porcess that mgt could easily improve for customers and staff

Good sized room.., great location

Location is brilliant.
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

I booked this hotel especially for the pool, but the pool area was closed for renovation. I was very disappointed that I was unable to sit in the by the pool. This was not mentioned either on their web site or on my booking.

Location is brilliant.

good
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

I only had breakfast at hotel on one morning at cost HK $120.00 ( your confirmation to me said it was HK$98.00) but they charged me for 2 breakfasts HK $240.00 only noticed on return to UK. I am now in dispute with hotel .

Breakfast nothing special compared to some of the hotels in HK I have been to . Pillows a bit too soft for me but generally good value and great location for HK exhibition centre.

Convenient location.
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Upon checking out, we asked the concierge for pickup point of Airport Express Free Shuttle. He promptly pointed us to a wrong location. After half an hour of waiting, we asked the front desk who pointed out the correct location to us. The concierge was conveniently not at his post. Toiletries weren't available. Only a shampoo dispenser attached to the wall filled with who knows what brand of shampoo. I was given a small bar of soap that was supposed to last 3 days. Also, they had a sign saying minibar(2 bottles of water, a can of coke and 2 cans of beer.) This wasn't replenished either. I don't care about the coke and beer. But the water...

Convenient location.

Great location for local shops and transport.
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

They didn't tell us about the $500hkd deposit before we arrived or that the pool wouldn't be open. Reception very fancy but our room more like a budget hostel.

Great location for local shops and transport. Comfy bed,good shower and 4G phone!

Very comfortable
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

There was always hair in the sink, not sure if it was my own but it should have been cleaned?

Very close to the venue purpose of my trip. Situated in the middle of everything, bars shops restaurants banks

A good stay with area of improvement
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

The twin beds are a bit small and if you toss too much in sleep you may fall , queen sized bed rooms are limited

The buffet was very good, the front desk quite cooperative, in restaurant you will find very helpful staff

Spacious room, near Mtr and good restaurants nearby
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Bed is a bit too soft to my liking

Very clean and nicely renovated room, room was spacious and comfortable, well equipped and well thought out layout, everything was functional, close to the Mtr station, many pubs nearby if u fancy a drink, walking distance to good restaurants and nearby market, airport bus stops very near the hotel

Never Again
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

I rang through to extended our stay by one night as I had a fall and injured my ankle. They told me it would be 1800HK (for a Tuesday night - nearly as much as for our 3 nights including Saturday & Sunday rate). On questioning they agreed to 1255HKD - I had no choice but to pay. Next day we received a call to asked why we had not checked out. On explaining I was told the price would now be 3000HKD. They had not updated their system so everything shut down including the airline booking which I had just paid and was going through the security process. I was left unsure of whether I had the tickets or not. As a result of this our room was not cleaned.

The door staff and concierge were very pleasant and helpful.

I am a repeat customer of this hotel as its location suits me for my personal business requirements
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

The breakfast selection was bland with little variety each day..only scrambled eggs when I asked for fried egg was informed would cost HK$20 !!!! Front facing rooms very noisy all night from pubs etc Staff polite but helpful

Excellent location ..near MTR -shops -public transport-pubs ( very noisy during the night) restaurants, night clubs Rooms were clean but ask for back facing room view not good but quiet -the front facing rooms very noisy from Bars etc right through to 3 am !!!

Really nice
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Quick check-in might be upgraded.

The room is relatively big comparing to other hotels in Hong Kong. The location is really good only three minutes from subway station. Very clean to live. The clean lady is responsible. We have two bottles of mineral water for free very day and two tins of beers in total.

Just fine nothing special
    • Superior Queen or Twin Room

Gym is very small and very limites facilities, staff are not accomodating and your hotel price is higher than the other hotels which is more better

Room space is bit bigger

Value for money and good location
    • Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Customer service was not the best. Staff at the reception were not as welcoming during the checking in & out as you would expect. Breakfast menu is rather limited, not a great selection.

The room was nice, with enough space for an armchair. The bathroom had privacy. Location is really good, mostly if you enjoy a few drinks out

Comfortable stay
    • Superior Triple Room

A bit far from the usual attractions in HK but that is manageable with excellent public transport. Complimentary shampoo was too dry for our hair.

Location was great. Near Wanchai MTR. Easily accessible via A11 bus from the airport. Staff at reception were very helpful. Room for three was bigger than expected (given HK's lack of space) and clean. Bed was comfortable. There were complimentary mineral water daily. We were not sure in the beginning as the card suggested that complimentary drinks are given only once throughout stay. Bathroom was clean except for some greyish stain on the bathroom countertop. Amenities in the bathroom included disposable toothbrush, toothpaste and shower cap. Shower was strong with hot water. Ironing board, iron, hairdryer, hangers, mobile phone with wireless connection and spare universal adapter were provided. Heater worked fine except that it doesn't get very warm. Heard from a friend that it's usually not that cold in HK to warrant much heating.

Browse Wharney Guang Dong Hong Kong traveller photo gallery