Reviews of The Cityview 4 stars

23 Waterloo Road, Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong, Hong Kong

#102 of 291 hotels in Hong Kong

Based on 2084 hotel reviews

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Fantastic Location & Wonderful Staff :)
    • Family Quad

All Beds were fairly hard.

Staff were very friendly & efficient. Great Location - YAU MA TEI MTR station just across the road. 7-Eleven across the road + Wellcome Supermarket across the road as well. Nice quick walk to the Ladies Markets as well as Temple Street Market. Daily house keeping was spot-on. Stone throw straight onto the busy Nathan Road. Complimentary bottle water daily.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Nice 4* hotel close to metro and within walking distance to night markets and Tsim Sha Tsui
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Another building close by is under construction. Quite loud noise during daytime from the construction site (in case you get a room with windows on that side).

Clean and comfortable rooms. Nice and friendly staff. Location close to metro and night markets. Walking along the Nathan Road leads directly to Tsim Sha Tsui and the star ferry on the Kowloon side, only 30min walk. Quiet neighborhood and well isolated rooms if it wouldn't be for the construction site close by.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Overall positive
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Bed was too hard and pillow too flat. Water flow rate too slow from shower. Shower curtain instead of screen. No cutlery and plates in room. Dim room lighting.

Free bottled water daily. Fantastic location, just beside Exit A of Yau Ma Tei MTR station, many food options and also supermarket and 7-eleven just across the road. Large work desk. View from window was great. Had a nice view of the National Day fireworks display.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Ok for my needs
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The price .... anywhere in HK is crazy expensive so can’t feel that bad about it since the price everywhere were ridicolous expensive

I was there fo business waiting for my china visa that I received the day after so for that reason I had to book a night in Hong Kong since I was getting my passport back the following day

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The hotel is conveniently located next to metro station and...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The faucet is really tight and small.

The hotel is conveniently located next to metro station and is within walking distance to many local restaurants and shops. The staff is very helpful too!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

The wash basin in our room (Economy Room) is so small that...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The wash basin in our room (Economy Room) is so small that is SO difficult for brushing teeth. It is not just small, it has a shelf built right above it that you can’t brush your teeth right above it.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Convenient
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Coffee house if 5 persons in the group all must order drinks and we inform one person don’t want to have drink and the staff say can’t sit at the coffee house for the person never order and we tell him we order 4 drink for 5 persons also can’t and the staff saying this is by Hotel order

Convenient

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Clean hotel, annoying, unprofessional front desk service.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Some front desk clerks are lousy, let customers are waiting while talking to others on the phone and some talking to friends on the front desk. The line it creates on the front desk is useless because the clerks don't follow it.

The hotel location is good and it is pretty clean.

Not a good option
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Check in was very slow and when finally got the room, they gave us a Smoking Room without even asking if that option was OK or not. Bed was too hard. Before checking out, we asked to staff to get us a taxi, because we were running out of time, but their was rude.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

The bathroom door was faulty and tremendously difficult to open/close. This was feedback to the hotel but was not fixed during our 48 hours stay there.

There was a free upgrade to a better room and a Handy Phone for one's use around Hong Kong for data connectivity and even overseas calls.

good
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

AIR CONDITIONER WITH TOO LOW TEMPERATURE LIKE 18 Degrees. 25 Degrees is enough. Wifi is not good to see moive and TV programs are too limit to search.

BED, BATH ROOM, AND LOCATION

Amazing
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Outside the room was a construction site and all the noise reached in like no soundproofed windows at all.

Chilled room even without aircon turned on during sleep/night. First time ever in an asian hotel where outside is hot and humid.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

The location is very near to station exit
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Nothing to whine about but the room type became twin bed instead of double bed

The location is very near to station exit A free upgrade to a much larger room A very quiet place to stay

The location was great - walking distance to subway and...
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The chamber maid needs retraining. The bedside table top was not clean - it had fingerprints and stains from drinks. The cups were dirty. Used cups were left unwashed after the room was cleaned each day.

The location was great - walking distance to subway and plenty of eateries and shops nearby.

location is very good.
    • Deluxe Room

it is better to improve on the checking in and out service. The 2 staff attending to 2 different person (one checking in and one checking out). The floor manager or what came to tell us (3 of us queuing up), to stand in a better quee, there is one staff walking in and out of the room behind the servicing counter.

location is very good. just 2 min. walking distance to MTR station. walking distance to Mongkok ladies street.

Excellent as always, Hong-Kong is magnificent and hotel is in the center of this multicultural city.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Bed materace seams need change into new one after years.

Friendly and helpfull stuff, smartfone with info about local and not only local turist atractions.

One of the best hotels I have stayed.

Nothing really.

One of the best hotels I have stayed. It's very conveniently located. I stayed in a room on a higher floor, which was very comfortable and quiet and had an amazing view. Highly recommended and will definitely stay here again.

An overall good stay. Will definitely return.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The air conditioning system is a bit warm and humid despite setting to a much cooler setting. Anyway not a major concern. Water pressure is bit low but still manageable.

Overall experience was very good. The room and bed were comfortable. I note the rooms were renovated from my previous visit so that was a very good welcome for this visit. I like the fact it is close to a MRT station that make travel to various parts of HK easy. I note a 2-bin system in the room, i.e. a normal trash bin and a recyclable bin. Good to see an environmentally friendly initiative being implemented. Well done.

Room 8022 must be next to the mechanical room, and was so...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Room 8022 must be next to the mechanical room, and was so noisy the whole day. This is our most unpresent and annoying staying for the last two nights.

Room is considered big in its location. Convenient to public transport.
    • Deluxe Room

The location is extremely convenient if you intend to travel by the MTR. There is a free shuttle bus service from Kowloon Station and the bus stops just outside the hotel.

My stay was excellent.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I had stayed at the Cityview before which was I chose it again for this trip. The hotel is excellent value for money, quiet and totally spotless. It's also ECO-friendly. I'll stay there again in the future.

Excellent location. Excellent service.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

There is nothing much I didn't like except this time the weather was bad. It was raining and this cannot be the fault of the hotel. However the hotel was kind enough to let by standers on the road side to take shelter in the hotel. Bravo.. the extend their service beyond the guest.

I last stayed in this hotel was in May 2018. The i wrote in the review that the location is excellent but the shower wasn't that enjoyable as the water pressure was too low. The hotel did replied me and informed they will look into this matter. Again I checked in this hotel in June and they fixed the pressure problem. The shower is good. Well done Cityview!!

Both the connecting rooms have toilets.
    • Family Quad

Fridge wasn’t working. Service staff wasn’t polite

Both the connecting rooms have toilets. The location was really accessible as Yau Ma Tei MTR is just outside the hotel. It also helps that there are free shuttle bus from Kowloon MTR and Cityview was the first stop of the shuttle bus.

Review- The Cityview
    • Family Room (4 Adults)

If the staff at the hotel would show more warmth and friendliness would be improving the customer service. Overall, a good short stay.

Good location. Near MTR.

The hotel has a very good place, very near the metro and...
    • Deluxe Room

The staff at the front desk must be better trained.

The hotel has a very good place, very near the metro and other location. The staff was friendly. The rooms are very clean and comfortable.

Met all my expectations and within my budget. My favourite hotel in Hong Kong!
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

No complaints at all, other than the wifi in my room was often unreliable, during my last visit (June 2018).

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions when visiting Hong Kong. I love the location, the rooms are amazing (clean, comfortable, and heaps of space), and the restaurant's food selection is awesome. The price satisfied my travel budget and to be honest I got so much value for my money staying here, I always do! I have stayed overnight at other hotels in Hong Kong but my preference has been and will remain with the Cityview Hotel.

good location, very near to station.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

the construction near the property which created noise. economy rooms are not renovated yet although these rooms are still presentable to our standard.

good location, very near to station. and its a bus stop right in front of the hotel. there is a 7-11, KFC and mcdonalds nereby. we liked the baleshop beside 7- 11. walking distance to mongkok. we booked for 6 rooms for 6 families with 2 children per family (sneak-in, slept with parents) and they didnt mind at all. its true what they said in their property facility section, “all children are welcome”.

Preferred Choice of Hotel in HK.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

nothing that I can complain about. It is my favourite hotel. Stayed for the fifth time now. Will continue to stay when I come back to HK. Highly recommended.

near MTR, shopping belt, food chain, easy walking around. Hotel provided a IP Phone for use free. Free upgrade to a bigger room, thanks to the staff at reception. Gym come with Swimming pool now. Very modern looking hotel with good facilities and equipment.

Great location, excellent room
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The small check in lobby, the lift did not have security as anyone could take the lift. For safety wise, i wish there was a insert room card system to lift.

Clean rooms, quiet room, great location I always stay here when i come hk

Nice Stay
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Would be extra great if they have body lotion offered.

The hotel upgraded us to a room with a little bit larger bed, everything in the room was clear and fresh. It's actually surprised us with such a reasonable price.

I enjoyed staying in this hotel
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The rooms are rather small, but again most rooms are small in Hong Kong hotels. Te hotel should give some discount vouchers for the F&B outlets so guest could try out instead of venturing out.

The hotel is well located and not only easy access to the MTR, all bus routes also converge to towards the hotel. From airport can take the Public bus A21 to the bus stop less then 300m from the hotel. Very convenient. Also there are many choices of restaurants and cafes around the hotel. Ladies street and Temple street is just around. Excellent hotel for leisure or business.

Very bad experience
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

1. Shower had very little water pressure. 2. Very noisy room with bad sound insulation. I had specifically asked for a quiet room but was assigned a room closest to the elevator (maybe the hotel was fully booked). Either way each time someone walked into the elevator lobby I could hear them opening the creaking door and the banging when the door closed. 3. The curtains could not block the morning sun. I got woken up every morning at 6am when the sun shined through the curtains. 4. The bed was very uncomfortable - I am 1.75m and somehow my feet were dangling at the edge of the bed when I slept. The mattress felt like it was missing a few springs and was tilted when I slept on it. The pillow was flat (even when stacked up) and my body ached and I felt like I wasn't rested when I woke up for the two mornings I stayed there. 5. The staff that checked me in was emotionless and not friendly at all. The doorman was very nice though. 6. The room felt dated and dirty; the furnishing and amenities felt cheap. - the room smell. - the chair had large stains on it. - the carpet was full of stains. - the AC was making a clicking sound all night and I had to turn the AC fan down to low speed. - the shower towels were somehow not absorbent and I couldn't dry my body after the shower. - the sink had this plank on top of it making it impossible for me to wash my face without getting the floor all wet. - there was an internet phone where I could call selected places around the world for free. But somehow it was not free to call Macau, which is the closest city to Hong Kong. I had my fair share of staying in hotels that are bad but rarely had I stayed in one that was bad in so many regards. $700/night is a hefty asking price for this kind of quality and with this amount I can easily find a much better hotel in the area. No way this hotel is a 4-star hotel.

1. Very good location - only 2 minutes of walking to the nearest MTR station 2. Good selection of eateries in the area 3. The room has a fairly nice view

Comfy and relaxing
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The mini bar fridge could be colder for our drinks to be kept inside.

The room size for 2pax was just nice and not too small. Amenities in the room were clean with water heater. And the extra pillow provided was appreciated. Location wise is very convenient to MTR and direct buses from and to the airport were only a few minutes walk away.

Good breakfast, easy check in and out, great location.
    • Premier Room with Free Breakfast and Free WiFi

Breakfast tea and coffee too close together, and would be better if closer to the food.

Good breakfast, easy check in and out, great location. Very clean, great bathroom. Friendly staff.

Second time staying here
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Second time staying here and still found this place very convenient and affordable. It is located close to a train station which is ideal for travelling around HK. The room that I stayed at was very spacious and clean. The hotel staff were amazing and did not need to wait for a long time to be served. Hotel gave us a free mobile phone with Wi-Fi which was amazing.

The staff is quite arrogant and rudeness.
    • Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

They turn an eye-rolling to me and I even don’t know why. They did paperwork quite slowly. They quite impatient when I ask questions. The shampoo and shower gel is sticky.

The staff is quite arrogant and rudeness. I don’t know what the problem of the staff. I think they may not be trained before and may they have a very bad day so they give attitude to customer? I have a record and I want everyone listen. It a catastrophic experience!

We were able to get late check out
    • Premier Room with Free Breakfast and Free WiFi

Didn't have wash cloth. We got a "premium room" hoping to see the Hong Kong skyline and the view was to the north instead of to the south and was really terrible.

We were able to get late check out

Will not go back
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Water cut during the night. Front desk staff not friendly and not responsive. Way too long admin and process task to checkin (it took around 20 min to checkin to a room already paid) The matress was really hard and could feel the springs The breakfast period is too short (7 to 10) Overall overpriced for the quality ofservices.

Room spacious

Fantastic stay at Cityview

Nothing, it was great.

The staff were really nice and organised my airport shuttle with no trouble. Room was a good size and bathroom was very nice. Perfect location near all the Kowloon markets.

CityView was spot on re location and comfort. definitely will choose CityView again.
    • Premier Room with Free Breakfast and Free WiFi

CityView didn't seem to be able to offer me airport transfers for 6 people, without having to hire 2 separate cars, but they offer some shuttle service. However we wanted a private transfer so I went with a local car company which was really good ($450 each way in a Toyota Alphard). The Premier Suite would have benefited from a wash sink basin in the lounge.

CityView is located steps away from Yau Ma Tei mtr, making the location excellent for shops, restaurants, and of course the Ladies Market. We particularly enjoyed having cake shops near the hotel (although we didn't try Amazing, the hotel cake shop). We booked 2x Premier Twin which were on the 16th floor, and 1x Premier Suite on the 25th fl. the rooms were very clean and comfortable, generous in size, although lacking a little on clothing drawers/ shelves. nice sofa chair and desk with chair in the rooms making it really comfortable. The Premier rooms on this occasion included a mobile 'handy' phone that you can take out of the hotel with you, this was so useful as it includes free international (not all countries but definitely for UK and Canada) calls as well as local calls. It also acts as a wifi hotspot, so you can tether your mobile to it for data usage. The Premier Suite was really worth paying the extra for, the large sized lounge room with dining table (4 x chairs) became a focal point for us as we were a family of 6. We even brought back take outs on a couple of evening from the nearby restaurants. Breakfast went on until 10:30 which was good, considering many hotels stops at 10am. The biffet breakfast offered Chinese regulars such as congee, noodle soups, fried rice/ noodles etc as well as plenty of western stuff. Friendly staff, and front desk was always very well staffed compared to similar hotels i have been in Kowloon.

I was attended to by Beverly.She is friendly.most of my questions is answered clearly
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

When asked what is the difference between the 2 sides of rooms.Answer was that side is more expensive

Convienant to move around.Concerige could be more friendly

Easy access, refreshing lobby, friendly stuff
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

I couldn't log in to the hotel's wifi. But they do have a Handy phone in every room. Also, the air conditioning was freezing the room, regardless of the thermostat level I was trying out

Very friendly and helpful people. Always ready to help and accommodate you

Great location, staff helpful, buffet selection good.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Just a bit confused at check out. Was informed by booking.com that the only a small amount was to be charged at check out. However we were charged the full amount upon check-out, was afraid of a double charge but all turned out well.

Great location, staff helpful, buffet selection good.

big room.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

There is a huge construction site right behind the building, awfully noisy during daytime. You have to wait a lot when you check in or out. there are not many staffs. The staff's English is not that good so when you want to ask something complicated they do not understand or explain it well.

big room.

Great hotel at great location
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Hotel was wonderful, bathroom clean and comfortable, shower pressure great; some might find the hard mattress inconvenient (matter of taste), however staff is attentive and helpful. Recommended.

Stayed few round in the same hotel because of the location...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Guests wake us up in the morning and found that they got the wrong room no.

Stayed few round in the same hotel because of the location is good. Easy access to find local food. I think I might have booked a bigger room previously.

Great location, very basic accommodations.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The room was quite basic and the wi-fi was very slow. This made it difficult to actually relax in the room and map out my visit on my mobile phone. Basically, this hotel is part of a YMCA facility and as such, you can expect YMCA level accommodations. Had I paid a lower rate, I would've been okay with this - but I paid nearly $200 usd/night for this accommodation and didn't feel as though this was valued that what I paid.

The location is the primary positive aspect I can speak on. It's right around the corner from the Yau Ma Tei MTR stop and within walking distance of all the fun markets in the Mong Gok area.

Still my first choice of stay in the future.

Price.

Bed was comfortable. Location was good. Shuttle bus with a direct stop at the hotel. Clean, spacious, free mobile wifi was awesome. The battery life could actually last the whole day. Sometimes it will disconnect though. Aircon is good. Circle K and 7-11 is just across the road.

Great Location.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Building Site Noise from 0800 to 1800, woke me up on three mornings, JCB jack hammering which the noise comes through the windows. Pool is closed for march, noo warning on any travel website No heating in the rooms, Although we did request a heater from the hotel who sent one right up. A note offering this service would have been nice rather than calling to ask if one was available. Wifi has its ups and downs. however realised I could leave the hotspot turned on with the handy phone and just used that.

Great Location. Handy Phone WiFi Hotspot was amazing

Great room, great location. Will definitely stay there again.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Compared to the rest of the room, the bathroom was small and not to the same level as the room. Also the WiFi was not good and kept disconnecting me, actually I had to use the Handy hotspot to have my smartphone connected.

It was the first time I was staying in this hotel and I was upgraded to a suite, which was great. Location is great. I will definitely stay here the next time I go to HK.

Great service
    • Premier Room with Free Breakfast and Free WiFi

A very friendly welcome and prompt, efficient check in despite our early arrival. They securely looked after our luggage all day and when we returned, found we’d been upgraded to a suite. Very pleased!

I’d love to stay here again.

The bed was hard. The ventilating fan in the bathroom drew air out which drew the a/c in. A cold bathroom during a shower is not good.

The staff are definitely the star of the property! Esp the concierge. I’m sorry i did not take the name of the staff who helped me loads during my stay. He was on the night shift during my stay, wears glasses. Deserves a couple of beers.

Disappointed, not worth the money we paid
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Room is very old, completely contrast to the new elegant lobby (be careful when u book a room, choose the new renovated one) carpet floor is dirty and sticky, insufficient of outlets & cabinet

Good thing is located close to MTR

Excellent location.

No heater

Excellent location. Close to restaurants, the mtr station, and 7/11 is just round the corner. Room is adequate with all basic necessities needed.

Will return
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Small room, like most Hong Kong hotels. Walls are thin, sounds from next door and noise from the street can be heard

Generally very clean, staff are polite

Take your winter clothes.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The worse thing with this hotel is that it does not have any heating! When we moved into our room a letter on the desk explained that you could ask for a portable heater, but you could be disappointed because they only have a few. I spoke to reception and they did not have any left, so they gave us both an extra blanket. This hotel is not cheap and I would expect to be comfortable in it, I wasn't, we were both sat in the room with jackets on trying to keep warm. As a side note, we needed some help from booking.com and found their customer service team uncontactable and therefore completely useless, next time we'll return to expedia as in the past we have found them to be rather good.

The location is really great, honestly right by the MTR it...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

The location is really great, honestly right by the MTR it made it super convenient to travel around. Really appreciate the great service - they prepared a complimentary cake because we were celebrating a birthday and also upgraded our room. Handy was also super handy being able to make international calls and have data while travelling. Thanks so much Cityview!

Great value for money
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Sometimes can hear people talking loud outside the room

Great location. Subway station around 2 mins walking. Nice neighborhood for eating and shopping. Shower has perfect water pressure. The room is clean and decent size for staying as a couple. Would definitely choose to stay here again.

Quick overnight stay before going to the airport.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Check In check out could be faster but still good.

Quick overnight stay before going to the airport. Stayed at the hotel several times. Absolutely recommend it. Good location, helpfull stuff, nice rooms, good bed and bathroom.

Location was excellent, right next to train station which is...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Location was excellent, right next to train station which is easy and cheap to get from Kowloon to Discovery Bay Area and Hong Kong. 10 minute walk to the night market with lots of local restaurants there and on route. 2 minutes from Macdonalds ( if you are with someone that doesn’t real like street food ) and always a good cup of coffee.

Free Phone Calls and Picket WiFi
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Water pressure a tad too weak.

Just about 300 steps from the Yau Ma Tei MTR station. YES, it's that near. So, if it's a shopping trip, I highly recommend this hotel. Just behind Nathan Road and within walking distance to Temple Street and Ladies Market. I travelled in winter so it was nice but in summer, one can easily just hope on to the train for HKD4.50 one way if too tired to walk. Rooms are small as expected of Hong Kong standards but the cleanliness and location more than make up for it. Super comfy beds too. Love the lobby with live plants wall. Love the provided "phone" WiFi

Best location and valuable !
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Location👍 Very conveniently located at Yau Ma Tei, which is very near to Mongkok. 2 minutes walk from Yau Ma Tei MTR station exit A. There’s free airport shuttle bus K5 from Kowloon, and stop right in front of the hotel. Takes around 10 minutes from Kowloon as is the first drop off station, but it takes longer around 30mins (depends on traffic) back to Kowloon if you are planning to head for the airport. Room was just nice and facilities were sufficient, not to mention the friendly and helpful staff.

would stay again
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

the carpet appears old and filthy.

location is very convenient, free airport shuttle K5 stop at the door, MTR station within steps away, small restaurants, fruit market, night market, 24/7 convenience stores within walking distance. the room is very quiet.

Well, we have a great time in Hong Kong and we may come back to Cityview again.
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

We have two family travelling to Hong Kong and stay at this hotel. Base of the option of my type of connecting rooms, my family is stay at one side of the hotel, and my friend family had to stay at the other wing of the hotel (which is not connected). The two rooms that my friend stay at is very disappointed. The room is quite small, and the cleanliness is not satisfied. The tiles in the bathroom is old and coming off somehow and the shower head is not working properly. The whole setting of their rooms is not worth 4 stars hotel rating. However, my two connecting rooms is pretty okay with us(I believe our side is modern and newly renovated. They upgraded my friend family to my side on day 3 by adding little money which we thought is acceptable. We may go back to this hotel in the future just because of the location.

The Location of this hotel is great, 1 to 2 minutes walk from convenience stores, MTR (Subway Station), all kind of restaurants, laundry store, etc. The room that we stay is just right beside the elevator but it still pretty quiet. Staff is quite friendly too even during peak time at hotel lobby with check in and check out customer.

Overall a very pleasant stay.
    • Deluxe Room

For the ladies, note that there are no facial cotton wool or cotton buds. There are also no drawers in the Deluxe room for clothes. However, there is a very useful long ledge under the TV for you to place your stuff.

Room is spacious ( bigger than most hotels on HK Island ) and the price per night is very reasonable. Excellent location as it is within 2 minutes walk from the Yau Ma Tei station. Main street is also a short walk away. There are two direct airport express buses from the main street if you are on a very tight budget. Otherwise, there is free airport shuttle bus from the hotel to Kowloon station where you can check in of your luggage, leaving you free to walk around the station before your ride to the airport. Wifi speed is fast in the room & most toiletries are provided, including bedroom slippers which are replenished daily. Late check out to 2 pm is possible. Counter staff are helpful.

Hotel is located on a really nice spot, right on the city...

Could be renovated

Hotel is located on a really nice spot, right on the city center and close to the famous spots in HK. Maybe 5 minutes to the famous shopping area. There's A LOT of options to eat nearby (I recommend Tsui Wah), a 7-Eleven right next to it and a metro station as well. Also on the ground floor there's a bakery and a restaurant. When you leave, if you're not in a hurry there's a hotel shuttle every 10 minutes that takes you to the airport express station. HK really knows their stuff. Our room was very spacious and had everything we needed: TV frigobar etc. Plus they offered us a free smartphone with unlimited data and a city guide for free!!!

It was very comfortable and enjoyable. We will stay there again next time.
    • Deluxe Room

We were upgraded to a bigger room. The beds are very comfortable. The bathroom is very nice and we had all the amenities that we needed. The complimentary bottles of distilled water were appreciated. The staff are very friendly and efficient.

Superb!
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Nothing! Or maybe the price if the premium room. A little too much. :)

Heart of mongkok. This is my return visit here and it didn’t disappoint me one bit! The front desk guy that checked us in was so professional and he even remembered us! Room is spacious. Walking distance to ladies market and mongkok! Will definitely return here!

Room was not available until 5+pm despite the check in was...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Room was not available until 5+pm despite the check in was at 2pm. The staff told us that we got a free upgrade to a family room(note that we booked 2rooms). Their definition of a family room is actually connecting rooms. The room was not any bigger than a regular room, one of the room has no windows even! Bed is very hard, and small, the water flow is weak. One of the fridge is weak and doesn’t cool things at all. Location is the only good thing about this hotel. It’s close to thto train station and easy to get from th airport.

We had an excellent room with a large bathroom and an...
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

We had an excellent room with a large bathroom and an additional sitting room. The buffet breakfast was good, although we only used it once, and it is possibly a little expensive.

Functional and average
    • Economy Double or Twin Room

Economy rooms could have been bigger and all guests should also be provided with local data enabled smartphones and not only those who stay at more expensive rooms.!

Interesting but wouldn’t stay there again.

Rooms were tiny, no window in one of the family rooms and tiny one in the other. Bed was very small and very hard and uncomfortable. Fridge didn’t cool anything due to it being eco friendly.

There was an international buffet which was reasonably priced

Definetely worth to stay
    • Deluxe Room

The temperature in the fridge wasn't low enough. We put some ice cream and after some time we wanted to eat it, but the ice cream melted.

First of all I want to thank you to the hotel management for helping me with my booking. I didn't have any Visa credit card to guarantee my booking, so I provided my flight tickets and they promised to keep my room until I arrive. I apreciate it a lot. The location is awesome. If you take an airport express, change at Central station to Tsuen Wan Line, stop at Yau Ma Tei, exit A2. You get out and just go straight and around the corner on your right you will see a hotel. If you arrive earlier (as long as check in time is at 2pm) they will take care of your luggage. The staff was extremely friendly and treated me very well. One day I accidentally broke a glass in a bathroom, I went down to tell them about it, they asked me did I hurt myself and they sent someone to clean my bathroom immediately. And they have never charged me for it! So sweet of them! The room wasn't very big (I booked Deluxed room with one bed), but there was enough space for two of us. They had all the necessary stuff like hairdryer, safe, fridge. The room was clean and they changed the towels and bedsheet every day upon our request.

• Deluxe Room

Front desk so terrible & unkind. Worst hotel I've ever been to. I waited for a hour to check in even though I had arrived at hotel on time. The front desk man asked me to go out for a lunch when they were ready... hahaha... He never looked me when I came back to Hotel and stranded up to him. Another staff helped me to find a room. I am wondering how the City View hotel got 4 stars.

• Economy Double or Twin Room

No halal food, since it is consider a standard hotel

Friendly & helpful staff, majority knows how to speak english.concierge staff was really professional

Browse The Cityview traveller photo gallery