Reviews of Hotel Aristos 4 stars

Cebini 33, 10010 Zagreb, Croatia

#34 of 92 hotels in Zagreb

The Hotel Management is Dishonest
    • Suite

We reserved a suite with a “spacious living room with sofa bed, coffee table and dining area.” When we arrived, the hotel assigned us to an ordinary room with three single beds. There was no living room with a sofa bed and coffee table and the dining area consisted of a table with four chairs. When I complained to the front desk, they lied and said that we had reserved a triple. After returning home, I looked up the reservation on booking.com and it clearly states that we were to receive a suite with living room. After complaining through booking.com, the hotel changed its story and had the nerve to claim that our 35 square meter triple room really was a suite. In other words, they will lie as it suits them and then change their lie when it suits them to change it. Be very careful when booking here.

The spa was amazing, lots of massage options, I was relaxed...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The spa was amazing, lots of massage options, I was relaxed and happy. Great pillows, shower, food at the restaurant. Communication check in and out was all perfect. I wish I had stayed another night. Will be back.

Excellent- very happy with the choice

N/A a short but enjoyable stay. Great staff. Very helpful

The hotel staff was excellent. I flew in late After a delay in London. I sent an email and Ariana replied back that they would hold my room. What s relief! Many thanks

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

The hotel was beautiful and comfortable.

The hotel was beautiful and comfortable. Staff was excellent and very attentive. We had an early flight on our departure day and would miss breakfast but the front desk staff had boxed lunches prepared and waiting for us in the morning before we left at 4:30am! Would definitely return!

The hotel is new but was build in a typical fashion that was...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The location for the hotel will be the main negative element for most as it is away from the centre and is more suited for travellers on the road who will spend one night there. I don’t see myself booking a 7 day stay there. The ac also smelled like food in our room and we were told that it is coming within that hotel and we should just turn off the ac which was fine as it wasn’t hot that day but is definitely something the hotel needs to work on.

The hotel is new but was build in a typical fashion that was present during the Yugoslavian period. This meant to create a grand environment but the focus was definitely more on function and comfort than design . All facilities are large and comfortable but not as attractive as one would expect from a space done in 2012. For me that was actually great as we enjoyed a large and very comfortable bed and a large toilet with a tub that can easily fit two people. But the material selection and color palette is basic so it is not for everyone.

Not good ! Disappointing !
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I did not like this hotel : 1) When I arrived, the receptionist asked me 'Can I see your documents ?'' I had to go back to my car, and I had to look in my luggage for the confirmation papers, which I had printed at home. After 5 minutes, I came back to the receptionist, and she said to me very dry: 'I don't need all these papers...I only need your pasport ! ' If she had asked me from the beginning only for my pasport, I would not have been searching all the other papers ... It felt like she was playing a game with me. 2) There is a possibility for spa treatments in the hotel, but this is only possible in the evening... So, when I arrived in the evening, they said to me that it was fully booked ...there is only one therapist... 3) The next morning, at the check out, I asked after breakfast, to prepare for my check out...however, when I arrived at the reception an hour later, I had to wait 15 minutes... again. 4) Airco was not good working ... 5) Location of the hotel is in a 'desolate' quarter , it is far from the center...

I liked nothing in this hotel !

Ok for one night before/after a flight.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The hotel was soulless. The dining room felt like a conference room with no atmosphere.

The staff were great in all departments. Very friendly and professional.

Overall room was good
    • Suite

-I actually booked this hotel to enjoy some of the spa facilities they have whilst staying there for the night, however only found out at the hotel when checking in that the spa only opens from 3pm-10pm. Also they are separately charged which is'nt mentioned online. -I specifically booked a room with a large "double" bed plus a sofa bed. When we went in the room, we found out that the "double" bed was what I dreaded = having two single beds placed together. This was different from the photo describing this specific room where it had ONE bed with ONE double sheet. What is the point of asking for a double bed when no-one can sleep in the middle of the bed? Nor does it seem like you are sleeping together being a couple.. Unfortunately by the time we went to the bed side of the room I had already unpacked everything so I was too tired to contact reception to ask if it was possible to change the room.

The entrance was nice. The room was very spacious with a fridge, a bonus, but mind no kettle. Overall the condition of the room was good. The staff at check in seemed professional. Great selection of choice at breakfast which was really a good start to the day.

Modern hotel convenient for airport
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Nothing much to do around the hotel, nowhere nice to walk. Only one decent restaurant nearby. For airport great, otherwise not so great

Lovely modern hotel. We were really looked after by the man on the bar, he went out of his way to make sure we had everything we needed. Great lunch. Room was spacious and comfortable. Breakfast - great choice. Great hotel for airport - only 6 mins drive away.

Best of the best.

We couldn't stay longer

What a superb hotel. My wife and I are on a 3 month Euro vacation, by far this is the BEST HOTEL we have stayed in. Good value. Excellent facilities super friendly staff. Warning domot pass this Hotel up ypu Will love it.

Should take care more about their guest
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Very dangerous floor in the wellness. Very slippy. I fall down and broke my thumb. After during all the night we heard a motor working every 5 minutes !!! I didnt sleep all night.

Very nice waiter in the restaurant.

Too short

We loved everything

Everything. This is a top notch hotel. The quality of room was excellent from great bathtub to compfy bed. The staff made evefything special by being extra friendly and informative. The restaurant was very nice. The service was impecable and our meal tastey. I also had an excellent facial at the spa. The price for everything a true bargain! A keeper and highly recommended. Oh and the breakfast was the best in Croatia.

Excellent price to quality ratio.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

There is only 1 hour use of SPA center included in the price, afterwards it is necessary to bear additional cost. Hotel management is not making this transperent at the moment when making reservation.

Excellent price to quality ratio. Clean and comfortable room. Realy good breakfeast.

Nice place; I'd stay there again in Zagreb.
    • Suite

The view in 2B wasn't great, but we were there to sleep and rest, so no problem.

Central location, near a great bakery and within easy walk of park, the markets and tourist sites.

The hotel is close to the airport and not in the city centre.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Breakfast is good but not perfect.

The hotel is close to the airport and not in the city centre. For us who are coming for business 3-4 times per year is the perfect choise. Very clean and big rooms, quite, there is small parking area outside and a small protected parking place below without extra charge. The same applies for Wi-Fi. Very friendly staff, always willing to help.

Value for money if you are just there for one night, close to airport.
    • Suite

I didn't like the Spa. I found the staff to be abrupt and verging on rude. It wasn't really a great experience. We were told to wear disposable slippers, which were not only for hygiene but to stop us slipping. My husband slipped and got a massive bruise on his arm. The slippers or floor need to be re-thought (I've been to a lot of spas and never had this happen). It was value for money the rooms are clean, big but really could do with a freshen up.

We really liked the Bar Staff, they were by far the most genuinely friendly people at the Hotel. We were lucky to have the same staff member who did breakfast the next morning and managed to get me some Soy milk no problems. There is an exceptional restaurant to the rear of the hotel- one of the Best meals we had in Croatia.

Located about 7 minutes away by car from the Zagreb airport.
    • Suite

Located about 7 minutes away by car from the Zagreb airport. The hotel looks brand new and modern, the rooms are really beautiful, big and comfortable. There is a big shopping center (Arena Centar) nearby.

Pleasant hotel but not quite 4 star
    • Suite

Could not connect to wifi in our room, also the couch in our room was a little shabby...hotel was clean but a little outdated

The waiter that served us in main restaurant was attentive and very professional...he was pleasant and went out of his way to help us...we booked in at 2:30pm and even though lunch had already been served for the day he managed to arrange a pleasant meal for us...great service

The room was spacious we stayed together with our daughter.
    • Suite

You have to pay for all spa facilities. Glasses in the room were dirty.

The room was spacious we stayed together with our daughter. It was calm. We had an early flight so location was an important thing for us. 10 minutes to the airport. Despite our early check-out they arranged lunch boxes for us.

wonderful place , make sure about the spa-booking conditions.

The spa needs booking in advance which was not managed well enough. Although we booked the spa ,there was a apparently a mishap regarding the booking and we could not use it like we planned in the end which was a pity.

very good facilities, hospitable, wonderful spa area

2 star hotel service masquerading as a 4 star.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Our transfer from did not arrive so we had to get a taxi. I was told it was not the hotels fault and not offered anything other than an apology. I had to ask for concierge to ring his manager to be able to get some sort of compenstation for the disruption, time spent in airport and the extra cost of an airport taxi. We agreed to organise a free transfer back to the airport the next day, as I was told it was roughly the same price I paid for the airport taxi. When we got in the taxi, the agreed price between taxi company and hotel was £20 less than I had paid for the airport taxi. So unfortunatley I was lied to by hotel staff. After twice contacting the hotel regarding a late check out and also having an agreement with concierge when we arrived, our power went off in the room at normal check out time. Another inconvenience. Our meal on the night we stayed was nice enough food, but the "restaurant" was in a conference room. Not the best atmosphere considering they are claiming to be a "4 star" hotel.

Comfortable, close to the airport, helpful and friendly staff, fantastic spa and restaurant.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Hotel was quiet and comfortable, staff could not do enough to help, a perfect location for an early flight and we enjoyed using the spa facilities and our massage before the trip home.

Great spa!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

It's a little far if you want to tour downtown but we were traveling through this time so it was perfect for us .

The spa is fantastic with 3 saunas and a big whirlpool tub. The staff is fantastic. We ate dinner there too and it was really good. We'll be back.

I was traveling with three friends and I was worried about...
    • Suite

I was traveling with three friends and I was worried about finding a hotel room in Zagreb that would accommodate three of us and Hotel Aristos nailed it. We each had our own twin bed in one room! It was perfect! Super clean. Incredibly friendly staff.

Very clean and modern amenities.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Very clean and modern amenities. Very energy saving conscious. Lights in halls are on sensors. Lights and power outlets in rooms are activated with room key.

I want my deposit back
    • Suite

Water pressure Laundry facilities were not specified so we got charged ridiculous money to wash our clothes

I still don't have my deposit back. We got charges for breakfast when we didn't have any. We were overcharged

4 star hotel with 2 star service, too small quality offered for such a high price.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Quality of service depending on the mood and/or motivation of person in charge, in any case far below international standards. It may happen that - asked a day before for early check in - the hotel do not answer at all. It may happen that check-in is not possible at 2 pm (as indicated) because receptionist doesn't know if rooms are ready, even if the hotel is half empty: so you are invited post-office-like to sit down in the hall and wait the call. It may happen the call does not come until you push the reception again after 15 minutes and - surprise - rooms were ready from the beginning. Perhaps you don't mind if you are not on a hurry, but, if you have a day schedule to follow and need things to got swiftly and quick, you have a problem. It may happen that the booked no-smoker room smells like a recently used smoker room and it may happen the only warm things you get from the breakfast buffet are tea and coffee, all the rest (including eggs, bacon,sausages etc.) being simply cold, not-warmed-up-at-all. Air conditioning system belongs to the old fashioned, loud generation: turn it off and open the window if you want to sleep without the noise; TV is a vintage medium-sized piece of LCD screen, let's say 10-15 years old, channel choice is very, very local.

Hotel is located 2 car minutes from the highway connection, good for business travellers or car-trip tourists passing by and needing a stop. Rooms are ample and clean, beds are comfortable. If you have the time, you can use the spa facilities.

Good but
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Hotel promises SPA and sauna which made me chose it as I wanted to relax and prepare for the flight. But it turned out (which is not written on booking) that the SPA center closes at 10 pm. In reality it closed at 9 due to "high traffic" (but it seemed they just went home earlier). The other minus was that taxi from here to the airport costs the same as from the city. The breakfast was so-so.

It is a really good standard airport hotel: spacious rooms, nice personnel, all is clean and neat, beds are very comfortable and the rooms are quite

Inconvenient location, staff not too friendly & accommodating. We would not stay at this area again
    • Deluxe Twin Room

service at the bar/restaurant area, area and hotel look somewhat abundant

no place to eat outside of the hotel's restaurant, unless you drive to the center of Zagreb , no walking possible

Our first but will not be our last stay.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Nothing, everything was to a high standard.

A very good selection , everything from bacon and eggs to fresh fruit, coffee and drink selection was also very good.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Very good hotel, close to the airport, free parking below...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The restaurant has a siesta, not working between lunch and dinner.

Very good hotel, close to the airport, free parking below the building. Very good spa area which can be used for 3 hours on the house. There was lan cable for the internet in the room.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Appalling service
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The staff were unhelpful; my room was stiflingly hot and the reception sent up someone who dud not speak English and did not even try to fix the problem. On check out the only response was "we will take note of this". This was on top of the hotel-organised transfer being appalling. The driver made us walk through 10 minutes of rain, didn't put our bags in tge car or remove them once at the hotel. Again, nothing from the hotel. Very unhappy given how expensive it was to stay there.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

The deluxe room we always book is nice with comfortable...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The location is not for people that looking for a walk or city experiences. Breakfast is good but not excellent. We had a lot of times dinner in a small place across the reception desk and not in the restaurant area which is more comfortable and beautiful.

The deluxe room we always book is nice with comfortable beds, big bathroom, this time with window which was even better. Staff is very friendly with perfect English skills, there is a nice spa and a gym with a lot of equipment, protected parking place.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

Nice hotel, but limited spa hours
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The spa and relaxation hours are too limited. The facilities do not open until 3:00pm. We chose the hotel to enjoy the relaxation area and had planned to spend the morning in the spa. We were very disappointed that we were not able to use the spa before our departure.

Beautiful, comfortable rooms and good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Excellent for business and airport travelers
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I can't say anything not well done. This is a very nice place compared to US comparable price point. Location is not for person looking for walk or city experience, but for business or airport travelor or a conference or meeting - it is highly recommended.

We chose this hotel to be near airport for readiness for early morning flights. The hotel arranged taxi for us about 80kunas. It is a very, very nice hotel, great value- the rooms are beautifully appointed and larger than typical rooms. The hotel style is contemporary design. Everything was spotlessly clean. Some people in our party had massages in spa - very nice. The fitness room was large, lots of equipment. Staff are very friendly and helpful with excellent English skills. The hotel has two wings- we were placed in new wing and it was lovely. With regard to location...it is closest to businesses, outside of city. I understand getting into city is very workable, but we did not do. It seemed quite apart from anything walkable. We ate dinner in the hotel- it has very friendly staff, lovely linens and rather formal feel, on the expensive side but a nice range in selections.the hotel prepared a box breakfast for us because of our early flight, but the breakfast buffet set-up looked like they offered very nice breakfast buffet we were sorry to miss.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Convinient if you have an early morning flight
    • Deluxe Twin Room

I found the room extremely sad and old fashioned, although huge. The carpet was stained which gives a very poor image of a four star hotel.

The fitness room was nice and clean. I liked the pocket breakfast the hotel arranged for me to take with me for a very early flight. The restaurant also offered a very nice vegan option .

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Great hotel, nice spacious rooms, clean, nice food in the...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

It's a business hotel or let's say group hotel, it has not the cosy atomoshere.But that you know when you book it.

Great hotel, nice spacious rooms, clean, nice food in the restaurant, kind people,...

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Actually we didn't like the hotel at all.

Ser above

Actually we didn't like the hotel at all. The temperature in the room ess not comfortable because there eas mo cool air. Breakfest much below the line of a 4 Star hotel and also considering the rates. The ropm soze is small as well.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Bad price/quality ratio
    • Suite

Because you are in the middle of nowhere, you want to use more the services in your room. The problem is, that the wifi does not reach the room (only a little bit in the corridor in front of the lift). Also there were only 8 channels on tv (totaly uninteresting) = 1/3 of the annouced channel list. So, no tv, no wifi, and nothing to see nearby... great ! For the rest I was disappointed about the second bed, very uncomfortable, also the insonorisation was really not good. In the restaurant we ordered "home made ravioli" the ravioli were below average, but the worse: they were served with an industrial tomato coulis with peas, potatos, carrots and cauliflower...! I'm sure that Italians could start a war for this

Easy for a one night, close to the ring higway. The people of the hotel are professional and give a good service.

Super great wellness center

Super great wellness center

Very professional staff

Very professional staff

The Best

Communication kindness

Good relaxing

Great clean modern hotel.

No dislikes at all.

Had plenty of pillows. Room clean, breakfast very good. Was quiet.

Very nice staff
    • Deluxe Twin Room

not a lot to see if you go for a walk, ie near highway and other businesses

Excellent wifi signal

Not for recommendation
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Unreasonably high price for the offered service, content, quality and location.

Super nice hotel, friendly staff, excelent location!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Super nice hotel, friendly staff, excelent location! Ask for Lino he is the number 1 person there!

Nice hotel especially if you book the deluxe option with...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

TV channel with low number of channels

Nice hotel especially if you book the deluxe option with access to SPA

Good choice for Zagreb.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Gym is too small, equipment is in very bad shape!

Spa was ok, breakfast was really excellent.

Excellent place, great bfast, pleasant staff, clean

Excellent place, great bfast, pleasant staff, clean

Great place and staff!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Amazingly friendly and helpful staff! We loved that place. It was excellent!

Spacy and comfortable
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Weird architecture with long halls

Spacy and comfortable

Good location - pleasent staff room very nice and shower superb
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Postcode is not at the place for the hotel about 300 metres away - food not good for a veggie

Lovely hotel good location

Higyne
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Very nice clean and warm ,for the winter very important ..staff friendly,taxy to airport safe... Overall great!

eggs were perfect

eggs were perfect

Clean, spacious,reasonable cost

Clean, spacious,reasonable cost

comfortable bed
    • Deluxe Twin Room

room was not so good, heating not working well, and loud, toilet not in best shape

comfortable bed

Enjoyed the Spa facilities and it's proximity to the...
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Enjoyed the Spa facilities and it's proximity to the Zagreb Airport.

It was a pleasure to stay in this hotel as everyone was helpful, professional and pleasant!
    • Suite

Great staff, outstanding professional customer service!

Loved it!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Location was great Made use of the wellness centre and the spa on site which was included in my stay Room service was delicious

Aristos short break

Nothing at all

Great place to stay after long drive.

Perfect end before heading to the airport
    • Deluxe Twin Room

the staff were very attentive and helpful. The room was great and the meal was perfect.

Large and comfortable rooms, newly furnished.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Large and comfortable rooms, newly furnished.

Comfortable hotel with friendly staff but a 4-star hotel should not forget to make your room up!
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Returned to room at 5.30pm to find room not cleaned and bed not made.

Excellent food and good service in hotel restaurant.

No one can take your bags to the room.

No one can take your bags to the room. Self Services

Very nice hotel
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Nice room and bed. Very good breakfast

Aristos stay
    • Suite

Very clean and modern hotel with friendly and professional staff.

Clean good value close to town and airport

Clean good value close to town and airport

Short and sweet
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Wifi would cut out every ten or so minutes

Comfortable bed, spacious bathroom, close to the airport, relaxing hotel

Great hotel and staff
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Very helpful and friendly staff , excellent spa and gym in hotel

Big comfortable bed.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Big comfortable bed. Good breakfast. Gym.

The restaurant was very nice.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

The restaurant was very nice.

Really nice room,
    • Suite

We asked for a double/king bed but received two singles instead No airport shuttle despite being advertised

Really nice room, close to airport

Excellent hotel!

Great facilities. Spacious room. Excellent staff

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Wright place to Zagreb airport
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Very motivated staff.Kichen was fine. Special local beer was excellent.