Reviews of Hotel Delfin Plava Laguna 2 stars

Zelena Laguna bb, 52440 Poreč, Croatia

6.1

A family hotel
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

Maids speak no languages, and I tried to speak Croatian, which I do speak, and it was useless as well. Another thing is that you can't sunbathe at the pool because the children abd their parents keep jumping in the water

Older ladies in the restaurant were very kind and helpful

I am so dissapointed .
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

I am so dissapointed .. i pay for view on sea .. i get view on trees and a little of sea .. Stuff wasn’t nice on reception ... Room was very dirty and small.. Breakfast was good but dinner sooo bad .. Not a lot of choice ...

Comfort and guest satisfaction is secondary and irrelevant to the Hotel Delfin.
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

We didn't get the room we had booked (with the sea view) but we got the room that was located near the pools where the construction works were in progress (on the other side of the sea). So, every morning we had an early wake up at 7am because of the noisy sounds of a concrete drilling. It was impossible to sleep and rest after 7am, and we were on vacation?!

Location, only.

the beds were comfy
    • Single Room with Balcony

although we asked nicely to stay until the baby wakes up that was not possible so we had to check out exactly at 10, not a minute more. at arrival the lady at reception was really not friendly, the guys were nice though.

the beds were comfy

the reception team was a bit slow. check in toon
    • Single Room with Balcony

ive asked about vegan options and got a confirmation over the cell phone, including the vegan dishes etc.. the msg was signed with the name and the rank of this person..which was the head service. as i wanted to order a dinner i went to the nearest waiting staff which happend to be a head of the restaurant.. so things started to get confusing as she nor the reception staff never heard of this person that sent me the msg.. as she explained, they do not serve vegan options..other than cooked veggies from thw buffet which were ok for me. at the end, nobody knows who sent me the msg.

Location is only thing that I like about this hotel.
    • Single Room with Balcony

It was written that hotel has WiFi but it don't have it. Isolation is so bad so you can't sleep. Most people that stayed at the hotel was rude, partying in the hall almost all night. There were no hair dryer, nor for rent. The beds are uncomfortable. Because of all, I canceled my reservation in that hotel after first night.

Location is only thing that I like about this hotel.

Let´s say OK.
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

there was a huge crane in front of our balcony. it took all the good view to the ocean. the receptionist did not tell us anything about the breakfast times, the dinner times nor where everything is situated. it was a bad check in. no tv on the room. small rooms. but tiny ones.

The breakfast was huge. Everything what you needed was there. If you book a 2 star hotel you have to deal with some things. But if you can deal with that it is OK.

Good food
    • Standard Twin Room

Noise from the neighbours. They had a dog in a apartment in he was darking all night long. I also slept on a broken bad but for one night it didn't bother me.

Good food

Not remarkable nor unpleasant
    • Standard Twin Room

I felt the reception staff needs courses on how to talk properly with clients and legislation in the EU. The lady in the reception when asked questions in English was rude and not interested in replying to guests' queries. Also, being denied water just to make some profit with drinks when you are having dinner it's a downside.

The hotel is cleaned and look after by their staff. The room was basic, which I already expected prior to confirming the booking. Surprisingly the toilet was brand new (but with no hairdryer) and you can feel hotel managing is trying to upgrade the Hotel. To get a 3 star rate, I suggest implementation of courses for staff. If all the staff could speak some words of English it would make a significant change. Overall, I would suggest if you are on a budget!

Food was excellent.
    • Single Room with Balcony

There is no Wi-fi in the room, and no tv in the room.

Food was excellent. A lot of fresh fruit in the morning, and a lot of different menu's for the dinner.

The hotel room was clean and the bathroom renovated not too...
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel has seen better times and especially the dining area could use some renovation. Dinner was not more than standard cantina food, breakfast was a little better. The rooms could not have been much smaller but ok for us for 3 days. Rooms have no a/c we did not need it in September but could be a problem in the summer.

The hotel room was clean and the bathroom renovated not too long ago. It is only 100 meters to the hotel (pebble)beach. The area around the hotel is green well maintained and it is very easy to get to Porec by car. With breakfast and dinner, the hotel served fresh fruits and the view from the dining area was amazing. Price was ok.

We got a good deal for the stay and it was just ok, but wouldn't go back again.
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony

This hotel is quite old - our room was extremely small, not family friendly - don't go with little children! No TV and airconditioning either. Dinner was just awful!!! Very long lines for the main course, and in the end the food is really horrible, I would be ashamed to serve something like that in a hotel. Bad coffee at breakfast.

Breakfast was OK - with self service and usually enough food to choose. Neighborhood was pleasant, with a beach very close by - it is nice and clean. A store and some restaurants withing walking distance.

Rooms were small but nice
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

The pictures shown don't really show the full picture, the loungers on the beach aren't aren't at the hotel and are all damaged but worst of all was the food. The food completely ruined my whole stay both breakfast and dinner was truly horrible

Rooms were small but nice

The room is so hot I did realize they don't have air...
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

Could be better if they have air conditioner for every room and also check all the bed for bed bugs.

The room is so hot I did realize they don't have air conditioner. The room we stay had bed bugs we have to move difference room to accommodate asked. They check few of there room had bed bugs. I don't not recommend this Hotel to anyone. I think you should talk to the Management to do something about that it.

Just alright
    • Single Room with Balcony

Half of the reception and the waiting staff was unfriendly, the food doesn't have the taste and the looks and the equipment of the rooms is pretty much stuck in the 80s.

The beach is right next to the hotel which was perfect for my short stay. I also very much enjoyed the massage salon within the hotel complex.

Nice
    • Standard Twin Room

No air condition, smoking room next to our room so we could not open door even at night to cool down. Poor sound isolation, guy snoring, other whistling :) and a lot of people (older people wakes up early) talking in hallway at 6 o clock in the morning so prepare to wake up early :) ...but for 2 stars this hotel is very good value for money

The staff gave us better room at the same price :) Hotel lobby and pool area are great. Clean hotel friendly staff and relaxing environment

We got one of the best rooms at this hotel - we had a...
    • Standard Twin Room

We got one of the best rooms at this hotel - we had a balcony with sea view and the room was located on the ground floor (this was great, considering that the rooms do not feature the air-conditioning).

Old building, very basic service, missing the minimum standards. Dirty and noisy rooms.

No wi-fi in the room; No TV, No hairdrier, cleaning really bad and superficial. The level of the room is lower than the one of an average Hostel. Never again in my life this place..

Great lovely hotel at the seaside.
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

As it is a big hotel, there were many people, and some of them didn't know how to act at the Swedish table.

Great view from the room, nice clean rooms, helpful and kind hotel personnel. Food was always sufficient and delicious.

Booked for 3 days - spent 2 waiting to leave.
    • Single Room with Balcony

Half board included and though plentiful, what was on offer was beyond atrocious and incredibly unhealthy. Room so small had to put the chair on the balcony to open the cupboard. No aircon or even a fan provided in 40 degree heat. No fridge, coffee making facilities or safe and my door wouldn't lock properly.

Location, pool, bus into town.

Its an all round ok place, swimming pool, situated on a nice...
    • Single Room with Balcony

Wifi available only in lobby, place is a bit hard to find, a grand total of two mentions on road signs in the vicinity. Really expensive for providing such basic service

Its an all round ok place, swimming pool, situated on a nice little peninsula

Great value for money, perfect swimming, I shall be happy to come again.
    • Single Room with Balcony

Personal was for me 50/50, some friendly, some less. In some way you feel that place is huge, with hundreds, if not thousand of guests, so personal is sometimes probably nervous. Young man in the bar managed not to see me for 20 minutes and simply didn´t come to take order. Strange was for me clear instruction for receptionists to keep your passport at the reception till you check out, as a guarantee. As I wanted to have passport in my possesion, receptionist told me, that they must keep it, because if I run away without paying, they will not get those money back from Booking. For a while I felt like a junkie:)))).

Location is great, directly on the beach, beach itself was very good, there are many places also in shadow, promenade is nice, I was positively surprised. Both evenings there was live music in hotel in the evening. Choice for dinner was very good, I was satisfied, breakfast is kind of average and of course if you come around 9am, it is a massacre, because there are hundreds of people. Food altogether was very fine. Room was for good price with half-board, small but clean and newly renovated. Busy place during day, who wants to have some life around during holidays, definitely perfect. I was there over weekend, but night in- and around the hotel was quiet and good for sleeping.

Avoid this place!
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel overpriced. It’s not just warm, it’s boiling in the non-AC equipped rooms. Even staff told me they’re feeling like they’re dying. Still, charging a lot of money for the place and it’s not worth at all. Beds are almost falling apart, doors almost won’t look. In my top 5 worst hotels ever!

Average accommodation not for families who they need to relax!
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

There is no air condition in the rooms which makes the accommodation really difficult especially if you have babies with you. The rooms are too hot during the day with the result during the night is too difficult to sleep in a comfortable environment. I asked if there is any fan available but unfortunately the have not. As i booked from the first day a sea view room it was not available when we arrived. There is no groomer so we had to carry all our staff plus the baby. 5.5 km away from the center of Porec. You need always car or bus to go there. THE HOTEL IS TOO MUCH CROWDED! You can't relax!

The breakfast was nice with big variety but everyday exactly the same breakfast.

Location next to one of the best beaches in Croatia is what...
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

Not offering air condition for a summer resort hotel is unacceptable no matter how low the price is. Instalations needs some refurbishment. Rooms were nice and quite clean but small (and chambermaid was not really cleaning Bathroom everyday). Animation too loud and last until too late...

Location next to one of the best beaches in Croatia is what makes he days spanet in this hotel worthwhile. Ivica the barman was very gently. Not like others members of staff especially the ones selling drinks at dinner time, a system that is not working at all (only one person to sell drinks to hundreds of guests...) Animation for kids were good. Food acceptable for the price.

Relatively cheap, but not price-worthy
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

Room was too small and the wall was too thin. It means that you have no privacy. You can have dialogue with your neighbors in your room. You will hear EVERYTHING from next rooms. No air conditioner so that you cannot even close the window. Moreover, DO NOT BELIEVE the pictures. The hotel does not look like that, it's more awful.

Set your expectations ...
    • Single Room with Balcony

Where do I start. I came here for 3 days on my own for a peaceful break - no chance. The hotel is crammed full, probably to the limits 800+ people and there is constant noise and people rushing around. There were alot of students which is fine, but at night it is so noisy around the grounds and this should be controlled for those who like sleeping. On the matter of sleeping - I could hear the person in the next room snoring ..and everything else. Room is basic but that didn't bother me - apart from no air conditioning. this meant I was forced to keep my window open and be subject to the noise and the mosquito bites which I am now taking antibiotics for. The pool was busy and people reserve seats at 8am. The beach is busy but you can get a space if you don't mind crowded beaches. The food was such poor quality ..i understand this is 2 star hotel but I'm not sure what I actually ate at times. Despite all of this I am sure people will still go because my comments are the same as everyone elses and it's cheap.

The property is located in a great location close to the beach. Essentially this was good value for money. Staff are helpful and friendly I didn't get the single room with balcony that I booked but was changed to double room without balcony and complimentary food vouchers.

Great 2 Star hotel with 800 rooms and 1.500 beds
    • Single Room with Balcony

No TV in my room and W-Lan connection only at the reception area and not in the room.

Everything ok. You are on vacation and spend the whole day on the beach anyway and not in the hotel. You get what You pay for. So don't expect a modern new Hotel. It is buildt 1971 and renovated 2010. You can see that in the furniture but that is not important for me. Huge Hotel with 800 rooms and 1.500 guests. But they manage pretty well when it comes to the meal hours. All the food on the buffet is there until the end. Perfect Organisation in the Restaurant. And don't expect a quiet day at the Hotel - because of the cheap Price - a lot of familes with a lot of kids running around and playing. I did escape in the morning to the beach and came back late.

Location is near the beach.
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

The food was terrible, the mattress was broken, no TV in the room, the hotel is not quite clean, the walls of the rooms are very thin and you can hear what neighbors are talking, .... The only positive thing is the staff because is friendly and helpful.

Location is near the beach.

2 starts indeed
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

Check-in only starts at 2pm - they could have checked the full lobby of new arrivals and ask guests to occupy the rooms only at 2pm! The food is terrible. Rooms are very small, bathroom tiny. You need to be modest to take full vacations there and actually enjoy. No tv in the room. Also no air con.

Hotel has a great location, close to the beach and overall looks nice. Everything was clean.

Pleasant surprise, would definitely visit again
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

No air condition in hotel room. Outside temperature was 37°C. A fan would be very welcome. I didn't like mosquito bites during the night, but mosquitos liked me. Thin walls (outdoor music in the evening heard inside the room).

I expected a 2-star hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by friendly staff, buffet dinner and breakfast included in accommodation price (food is nothing special, but this is great value for money), awesome seaview from the restaurant, beautiful nature in the vicinity and forest for shadows on the beach, being able to park in the shade. There's a shop in a the lobby for basic necessities or small gifts. Swimming pool is mainly used by children but is exceptionally clean. Even the room appeared to have been partially renovated.

Don't go if you are disabled
    • Single Room with Balcony

Very poor access for disabled guests. Unmarked steps which able bodied guests fell down. No access at all for wheelchair to the pool. No guidance or map to show wheelchair access to local amenities. Security staff have a bad attitude, if you are disabled they tell you to go to your room if you encounter a problem.

The price was good. Porec is beautiful but a taxi ride away.

Good value for money
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

Too hard mattress. Only one blanket for two in the double room. Dirty chairs in the restaurants. The rooms are not sound-proof - one can hear every single step from the corridor. Dry slices of bread at breakfast. On the second morning, no butter was available, just some strange `light spread'.

Good coffee at breakfast! Delicious food at dinner. The rooms are clean and the furniture is fairly new, i. e., with no unpleasant odor of old dust. Nice beach.

close to the beach but overpriced for the offered room amenities
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

no aircon in the room made it unbearable to sleep after 35-degree heat during the day - not even a fan! and no fridge... so if you need to store baby food or simply chill some water, bring your own cooling equipment....

The hotel is just by the beach. Half board stay is convenient, as nearby restaurants are reachable by car only. Good breakfast and dinner with a choice of healthy and less healthy holiday dishes. Beach is big with a lot of space. Staff is friendly.

The location is good.
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

There is no air conditioning in the room, no wifi in the room, and the maid service only changes the towels....they do not do any cleaning. The meals are very crowded and the food isn't very good. The hotel is also loud at night.

The location is good. It is right along the sea

• Standard Twin Room with Balcony

I reserved a baby cot few days ahead and confirmed that it'll cost 5 eur. When we checked in at 2 p.m. I asked for baby cot and receptionist didn't know abot that and didn't know how much it costs... Then he confirmed that they will bring it to room. At 7 p.m. I need to put my baby to sleep and they still didn't bring it. I went to reception and they told me that they are still working on that. 5 hours and they couldn't manage to bring it on room? Very disapointing... I know it's 2 star hotel, but this is not accaptable. And they put us 2 floors lower and very far away from reception, it was very hard to move with baby stroller because there is a lot of stairs. They should put family with little babys closer to reception.

3 nights in Delfin Hotel
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

I booked a room with sea-view, which meant a room on ground-floor barely called as with-sea-view. There were rooms with sea-view in the central part of the building, ours was obviously not that. There is no air-conditioning, the walls are thin, the whole hotel is quite old-stylish. The restaurant is crowdy and noisy, however the food is acceptable.

Very close to the sea, new furnitures, quite nice staff.

very noisy accommodation
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

A very loud music every day until 23:30. Amateur singers and animation group. Would be better not to have any entertainment at all. Wake up at 6 o'clock since the hotel staff start to renovate the swimming pool and clean up the tables and chairs left in the evening. If you want to sleep, then I woul not recommend this hotel. No air-conditioners. Very crowded.

Close to the sea.

Great location, a lot of stuff to do.
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

I would like better breakfast and dinner. They dont think much about healthy unprocessed food.

Great location, a lot of stuff to do. Very nice environment.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Poor quality food and cleanliness
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

No wireless in the bedrooms. No air conditioning in the bedroom ruined our holiday - too hot to sleep. Very noisy hotel too and too many bedrooms all packed into small areas. The dirty carpet in the corridors leading to the bedrooms did not give us a good impression either. Poor quality food served at the buffet dinner and not so many options for vegetarians apart from cooked/raw veggies. Will definitely go back to Porec, but not to Hotel Delfin.

Location-wise the hotel is located in a marvellous area, and it is just 2 minute walk from the beach. The beach was very clean and fully equipped with sun bathing facilities. There were also parasailing and other outdoor activities offered, so very good for those who want to do some exercise. The staff was extremely helpful, but there were not enough waiters at the restaurant, so queuing to get some drinks was just common practice.

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

Huge correct hotel, impressive seaside
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

Animation too noisy and until too late.

Huge hotel modernised including a very good half board buffet. The rooms are small but correct. A lot of people but very nice ambience and impressive coastal landscape.

This hotel is located right next to the beach.
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

The rooms are very small and not well kept or comfortable. Luckily we spent more time at the beach versus the room.

This hotel is located right next to the beach. There was entertainment. It is a pet friendly hotel. There was kuna exchange service on site and an ATM.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

For that price the hotel was perfect.
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

Food was average. If you stay more than just a few days it gets little boring on long term.

For that price the hotel was perfect. Good location, nice and clean rooms, kind employees.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Mediocre, poor price - quality ratio
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony

We requested and paid for double room, but got twin room instead, the room was extra tiny, without windows, only door to shared balcony. No fridge in the room, the hotel is too big and noisy. Not appropriate comfort for the price.

Very clean and good location

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

For taking the rest, location is out of city
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

No tv and aircondition in the room, but for us it was ok.

The beach is clean and very close to hotel. The sunbeds costs 4€ per day for one person. It is clean and almost quiet because the sea is deep enough, so all children are a bit further. But for swiming is ok. You shoud wear water shoes.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Dissappointing
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

Ultra small bathroom, no TV in the room, no air condition, no wifi in the room. Poor food, too small swimming pool for such a big hotel, you do never find a free place. No drinks during dinner unless you pay them, even water... It was very disappoiting. They really need to renew the spaces.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Superb accomodation with bad behaving occupiers
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

Swimming pool opens at 8 am. From 7.45 am there was a silly queue of people waiting to place their towels on the sunbeds in order to keep them occupied for the whole day, even if not used (people just placed towels and then went to have a 2 hour breakfast or to the beach). Result: honest people like us weren't able to find a place at the swimming pool for the whole week, whereas sunbeds were occupied only by towels for the whole day. Ridiculous. The hotel shouldn't allow such a behaviour.

Superb position. Great animation for kids. Comfy and near to the beach

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Don't go there
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

the breakfast and dinner are terrible. Usually it's cold and tastes bad or in case of the soup no taste at all... The personnel is also very unfriendly and it seems that they rather don't have you as guest.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

We had a great holiday here!

functional, but old bathroom, no AC, separate beds. Tip: book a room with terrace.

Location, spacious beach with thick shadows, excellent food, nice car parking with shadows, clean complex and beach, clean sea

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

A pleasent surprise
    • Standard Twin Room

The minuses are : no AC and no fridge.

although it is a only 2stars hotel- we were pleasantly impressed .The rooms are 100% renew, the furniture and everything is new and clean. The rooms are very small ,but you don’t need more. The food is great and you have from where to choose. The pool is nice. The hotel is very big and very close to the beach. There is pebble beach and pontoon.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Hotel with best location and worst accomodation
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

No AC, which is big problem. Small rooms. All drinks during a dinner are extra charged, and very expensive (e.g. 1l of sparkling water is around 3 euros)

Close to the beach. surrounding area. Rooms are renewed recently, but still very small. In other reviews I found lot of complains on food, but we found it similar to other 3 star hotels nearby (OK, breakfast could be improved, but this is 2 star hotel ...). We were positively surprised: rooms are clean, with new furniture, new bathrooms, but mind: they are small, small, small. Overall I'll still say, even it is 2 star, it is a bit overpriced (but still cheapest hotel accommodation you can get in beautiful Zelena Laguna)

Good location, friendly staff, good for its price

All ok!

Good location, friendly staff, good for its price

Staff friendliness.
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

I book in euro. Was charged in kuna, ended up paying more than in euro.

Staff friendliness.

Perfect for family.

No organisation.

Perfect for family.

Every day the same food
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

Every day the same food Noise from next rooms- it was hard to leave the window for the night, no air condition so it was hot during the night

Could be better, could be worse
    • Single Room with Balcony

Staff inattentive, would not acknowledge you unless you spoke up

Location, stuff.

Food!

Location, stuff.

• Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

size of a room, no climatization

IDITE PREPORUCUJEM GA SVIMA
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

elevator do not work, and I have room on the end

perfect location,parking, nice place

the food was excellent

the rooms are very very small, almost not fitting for 2 persons

the food was excellent

Overall Nice stay, No A/c, Likely night was Nice and we slept with open balkony.

Bathroom was too small.

Clean room, helpful and kind staff

No fridge in the room

Clean room, helpful and kind staff

Swimming pool

Swimming pool

Maybe a good choice for people on a tight budget but I would never go back

Very small rooms with no airconditioning and too much noise around

Breakfast was good

Everything was great

Everything was great

Satisfied, very good.

Cleaning can be better.

Great location, good food, helpful and very friendly stuff.

Renovated room and bathroom, on the beach

Poor sound isolation.

Renovated room and bathroom, on the beach

Excellent location, nice staff, good food
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony

The room we were staying had no air conditioner and no hairdryer

Excellent location, nice staff, good food

Friendly staff,light walk to the beach

Food aweful

Friendly staff,light walk to the beach

If you are on a tight budget and are hungry for free breakfast and dinner and a larger clean pool

No AC, no TV. Very small rooms no WiFi in rooms, very loud gulls

Value for the money. Comes with huge dinner buffet. Large pool

No hot water in shower during the night for two nights we...
    • Standard Twin Room with Balcony - Sea Side

No hot water in shower during the night for two nights we were there, even after our complaint to the reception after the first night.

Right by the ocean, has a saltwater pool, parking was easy,...
    • Single Room with Balcony

Walls and doors are thin so you can hear a lot of noise from the hallways.

Right by the ocean, has a saltwater pool, parking was easy, allows dogs.

Location 😊
    • Standard Twin Room

Food was terrible, room not cleaned and looks like a student home, no TV,

Location 😊