Reviews of Hotel Excelsior 5 stars

#11 of 54 hotels in Dubrovnik

9.7

9.7

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

The location and the private swimming area right onto the...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

The location and the private swimming area right onto the sea can't be beaten. The views from our room were superb along with the ability to sit out on our balcony and enjoy a beer at sunset.

Fabulous stay
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing. Everything was fabulous apart from the local taxis and that was not the fault of the hotel!

We were very lucky to be upgraded to a room with a balcony and a lovely view across the bay to the Old Town. Sumptuously comfortable room with high ceilings in an older part of the hotel, delicious breakfast outdoors, and great swimming from their seaside bathing terrace with luxury loungers and soft towels. My husband used their treadmill in the gym and we both had lunch in their Prora beachside restaurant (excellent except for v dull Stuffed Zucchini). We stayed just one night but were able to enjoy the swimming etc after we checked out and until we left for our late night flight. All very relaxing!

The terrace and sea area were beautifully positioned.
    • Classic Double Room

The room had no natural sunlight, and was very dark due to being below the street outside. The service on the sea terrace was very poor.

The terrace and sea area were beautifully positioned.

Delightful luxury hotel worth every penny
    • Classic Double Room

Lovely hotel with panoramic views of old town, excellent service, good location just a ten min walk to old town, superb fine dining restaurant on a terrace overlooking the Adriatic.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Lovely hotel, fantastic location.
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

Only had 1 window facing the street so the room was a little dark. Staff didn't wash the coffee cups at evening turn down.

Breakfast was fantastic. Very comfortable beds. Big room and bathroom.

Terrific location, excellent staff, fine facilities, friendly feeling, great stay!
    • Classic Double Room

A slightly empty feeling at times in large bar, but location out on the terrace more than made up for this.

Great location and staff, excellent terrace for sunbathing and swimming.

Lovely views and location - tad expensive for what you get
    • Superior Double Room with Partial Sea View

Very expensive - cleaning staff tried to clean at odd times - some staff at breakfast less attentive than others (some very good though!) Views from rooms not great unless you spend a lot of money

Closeness to main old town and very pretty views from restaurant areas

Excellent views of the old city
    • Villa Odak Deluxe Sea View Balcony Double

On arrival, we were upgraded to the Presidential suite (!!!), which has postcard perfect views of old Dubrovnik. Lesser rooms in the new building appear to have similar views. The staff was helpful. Dinner by the water was lovely and relaxing. It’s a 5-minute walk to old town and it’s an ideal location to be so close yet away from crowds.

Excellent - very enjoyable, truly a five star experience.
    • Classic Double Room

The service at the water's edge was a bit slow in their coverage and once an order was placed it took a long time for the drinks to arrive... 15-20m per order of water or cocktail.

The restaurants were excellent, and the wine pair perfect. The waitresses and waiters were attentive yet provided privacy to their guests.

Place to make dreams come true
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

The name for the rooms with the garden view is better be named as "Garden View" rooms to avoid the confusion during the booking process by the future guests (just a suggestion). In general, friendly staff and fantastic reception makes you feel happy and not worried of anything! My separate respect to the hotel management. The hotel services are run as "very well oiled german machine". I now rank the hotel and Adriatic luxury hotels collection as one of my favourite ones!

Fantastic hotel with the best location (proximity to Dubrovnik), great access to the beach (sea), fantastic water, wonderful spa-zone, nice rooms, very good housekeeping service, tasty breakfast menu.

The bed was very comfortable and the rooms were spacious and...
    • Classic Double Room

Our first meal was in the restaurant by the sea. I ordered oysters and one of the oysters was so rotten it actually stank. I sent it back and received neither an apology nor a reduction on the bill. I was surprised by this as I would have expected it in the circumstances.

The bed was very comfortable and the rooms were spacious and clean, although we were allocated rooms with only a partial view. The position of the hotel is fantastic - with wonderful views of Dubrovnik old town and excellent access to the sea.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The proximity to the old town was great, only a couple of...
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

I felt the staff around the sea area were disinterested and distracted especially the waitresses for the food/drinks. My friend ordered a drink and the lady came with a different one. When my friend politely told her that she had ordered something else the waitress told her she hadn’t. It went back and forth and my friend just said it was ok and she’d drink it. The waitress just said she hadn’t ordered it but she’d change it. I was there and heard the order. Our room wasn’t serviced by the time we came back at around 5pm. I rang the front desk and was told the reason for this was because I had ‘do not disturb’. I double checked and explained that I didn’t but I did have it on until 10.30am (when we went for breakfast). I was told again that I was wrong and that I did have it displayed. I checked again, and I hadn’t! It was just a little disappointing considering that the hotel is charging luxury hotel prices for just a nice hotel. The general attitude of some members of staff were bordering rude. It’s a beautiful hotel but some improvements need to be made in order to categorize this hotel as a luxury hotel.

The proximity to the old town was great, only a couple of minutes walking. Staff at the front desk on arrival were friendly and helpful. Fantastic views from the hotel.

Superb location and beautiful views, but overpriced and with a disgusting SPA.
    • Classic Double Room

I have stayed at plenty of 5-star properties around the world and this is by far the worst SPA I have ever experienced. It's not anywhere near what you should expect from a hotel with a rate starting above €500/night. The SPA is disgusting, dirty and in desperate need of renovation. The level of maintenance of this area of the hotel is unaccetable. The pool is missing plenty of mosaic tiles everywhere. Grouts between tiles are dirty and showers in the Sauna area are pitch dark and virtually lacks any form lighting, the same can be said about the steam sauna. The mens locker room floor is constantly dirty and wet everywhere and the whole locker room reeked of urine like some dirty subway station toilet. I went back to the locker room a few hours later just out of curiosity and even though it was better there was still a faint smell of urine and the floor was still wet and a bit dirty. The water in the jacuzzi was also dirty and had a oily film of the surface of the water. Some of the drains around the pool had flocks of hair caught in them. Needless to say we didn't´t not use the SPA. I spoke to the front desk about out view of the SPA, the response was a bit indifferent and the front desk girl simply stated well the SPA was not renovated during the last remodel of the hotel. She however promised to speak with both housekeeping and the manager. After a short while we however got a letter where management apologised that quote "some aspects of the hotel fit not fulfil your expectations" we also received a complementary bottle of wine. This was a nice and professional gesture from management that we do appreciate. Outside beach area has a nice view of the ocean and city walls and the staff is friendly and helpful. However sunbeds are bit cheap feeling and the sun umbrellas are flimsy and way to small. The whole area did not feel very premium and exclusive.

Location is very nice and there is a short 5minute walk to the walls surrounding the old part of Dubrovnik. Check-in was quick and convenient. However despite being polite the staff at the front desk seemed rather bored and indifferent and not particually welcoming. Our room had a beautiful view of the ocean and city walls of Dubrovniks old town. The room modern and contemporary decor and was well maintained and clean. Bathroom was spacious and had a nice modern design with separate shower bath and a double sink vanity. The bed was comfortable. However considering the nightly rate of the hotel and comparing it to other 5-star properties around the world the room was a bit bland and not really with exception of the views from the windows anything special. In conclusion the hotels has superb location and beautiful views of Dubrovnik. But the property is way overpriced considering the overall standard of both the property, service and the disgusting SPA.

Perfect location, 5-10 minute walking distance to old town.
    • Classic Double Room

Unfortunately our room was close to the recepon and was occasionally noisy at night and early morning

Perfect location, 5-10 minute walking distance to old town. Friendly staff: especially Mihael at the beach was very helpful in organising a place for us on a very crowded day. Breakfast buffet was extraordinary, complete with champaigne and a beautiful terrace overlooking the old town of Dubrovnik.

Our stay at the Hotel Excelsior did not meet our expectations .
    • Villa Odak Superior Sea View Double

Unfortunately the service and attention to detail was not what you receive at a five star property . We arrived at the Excelsior at 4pm on the 20th of July 2018 , there was no doorman at the door to be greeted , the luggage was left there as I refused to take it in myself . Staff were generally oblivious to detail , would not collect items unless we told them to take it away . Outdoor dining was extremely poor in quality and presentation . First time ever have we been given our meals in plastic containers, plastic utensils ,food looking extremely sad !

The location of the property was great , only a short walk to the old town .

superb experience !
    • Villa Odak Deluxe Sea View Balcony Double

During four days stay in Excelsior we had a very pleasant and comfortable time. Location is great ! Approach to the Proce Gate was much better choice than to the crowded Pile Gate. The round trip of the promenade leading to the Old Town while looking at Banje Beach and the Old Port was the time of bliss. The correspondence of the reception was refined and the staff was also very friendly. Thank you for the champagne and birthday cake for my wife 's 60th birthday / our wedding anniversary trip. We are very grateful that it became a very memorable trip.

Luxury in paradise
    • Classic Double Room

The gym needs a bit more equipment and the lifeguards need to be more attentive- they spent the entire time on their phones so thank god I can swim.

Best location! A short walk from the old town walls, out of the hustle and bustle but close enough that it's not a pain to walk to and from the town. The hotel is beautiful and having it's own private swim area is such a bonus.

The hotel is in a good location with a nice view of the old...
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel is in a good location with a nice view of the old town, but that is about it. It is advertised as a luxury hotel. However, I believe it is only in the price! The shower head was mounted just above the bathtub faucet. You have to hold it in your hand if you want to shower, but be careful. They have mounted the towels in the shower, poor design that does not stop there! Sadly our shower head was broken so when switch on the water went everywhere, even though we had the glass shower door closed. The room had a digital do not disturb switch, which did not work, while sleeping we were woken by housekeeping. The room was small and basic; we did not even have a kettle to make tea or coffee. I was also disappointed with some of the staff, very rude and judgemental.

‘Heaven on Earth’
    • Villa Odak Superior Sea View Double

Breathing taking views of the Old Town. Panoramic views from all eating areas. It was a personal hotel not too crowded. Plenty of sun beds which were moved for you on request. Only 5 min walk to The Old Town.

I chose the hotel for its location and 5 star rating. Both didn’t disappoint. I was with my daughter for a few days and then on my own for the remaining few. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. We used all facilities including the Wellness centre where the ladies looked after us. We had an amazing experience eating at the Prora restaurant which is situated overlooking the sea with beautiful stone alcoves behind. Food in all the eating areas was excellent. Great Chef and team. It has to be the best Hotel I’ve stayed in and it exceeded my expectations. I would definitely recommend a visit.

Good location and very instragrammable but not as good as other 5 star hotels in Dubrovnik
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

No iron- they refuse to give an iron to guests to use. Far too expensive for what it is. The gym was a glorified treadmill and the sauna didn't work.

Rooms were ok but definitely not worth the money. Lovely l'occitane products in the bathroom. Food was excellent. Close walk to Old Town.

There were 14 of us and all loved the hotel.

Breakfast had everything, even including fresh honeycomb and prosecco ! Room spacious and comfortable. All very clean. Excellent location, friendly helpful staff

A top class hotel on the outskirts of a beautiful city, a perfect pairing.
    • Classic Double Room

The breakfast was fantastic, the views are astonishing, the staff incredibly helpful and attentive, a class act all round. The location is great, a 5 min walk from the old town, which meant that if we did decide to venture out for food or exploring we never had to worry about the long walk back.

Perfect for honeymoon
    • Villa Odak Deluxe Sea View Balcony Double

The coffee at the breakfast could be better.

The location is superb, close enough to enjoy the Old Town and far away enough to enjoy the calm and quite shore. The sea view from our balcony add joy to our stay.

Overall a beautiful and welcoming hotel, in an exceptional setting
    • Classic Double Room

Our room was a bit scruffy in places, fx. large area with (water?) stains on the ceiling in the bathroom,

Excellent buffet breakfast, very good customer service care

Dream Trip

Absolutely nothing!!!

All staff was truly great but Ivan @ the resteraunt Sensus & also @ our breakfast was beyond OUTSTANDING!!!! He is truly a people person & is a true asset to this hotel. The chef & his crew in 'SENSUS' need to know their hard work is appreciated & is 5 STARS!!!

Excellent Hotel
    • Superior Double Room with Partial Sea View

Everything about the Hotel was excellent! Will definitely stay here again and the the Hotel is highly recommended due to its superb location to the Old City, friendly and accomodative staffs as well as the gorgeous view of the Adriatic Sea and the Old City!

4-night stay with Family
    • Classic Double Room

Our standard room was quite dark and facing the street. Did not bother that much, as there was not much traffic on the street. I should have gone with the seaview upgrade, wrong place to save a buck :)

The bed was big with a sturdy mattress. My kid loved the separate bathtub and rain shower combo, she bathed every night. The indoor pool was huge and pleasantly heated at 28 degrees Celsius, my 7-year old loved it, naturally. Breakfast was lovely and plentiful. The old town was easily accessible by foot; even with a 7 yr old.

Absolutely Perfect in every way!!
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

The sea view was beyond beautiful and the hotel was luxury in every way possible. The location was perfect, not inside the city walls so you could escape the hectic tourists and walk not even 5 minutes and be in 5 star heaven!!

Staff and location
    • Classic Double Room

Our bathroom shower drain was clogged on our arrival. When we reported, someone came to fix it but not clean the flooding it initially caused.

Staff and location

Highly recommended hotel in beautiful Dubrovnik.
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

The staff were always suberb and nothing was too much to ask of them. The hotel is in a fantastic location with stunning views over the old town from the bar and only a few minutes walk from everything.

Best breakfast
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

Room size a bit small, but still ok. Stayed in off season so prices were reasonable.

Best breakfast I’ve had. Stunning views towards old town and helpful and friendly staff.

A peaceful and wonderful stay in a beautiful hotel with great staff and a fantastic location.
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

The temperature of various things was not good. The jacuzzi and sauna were not hot enough while the fridge in the room - despite being replaced - was never properly cold at all. The air conditioning didn’t really work so the room was hot at times despite the window door being open.

The staff were all very helpful and efficient, the cleaners all said good morning and have a good day and those things really make a difference. Breakfast - and the restaurant staff - was especially good. I liked being allowed a later checkout, that was really appreciated. The girl doing my massage was fantastic too. I also appreciated the upgrade, it was fantastic to have a sea view and balcony and made all the difference.

Fantastic location, not what I was expecting from 5 star rating
    • Villa Odak Superior Sea View Double

Reception staff didn't know details of the restaurants in the hotel. For three days there was a terrible smell coming up from shower drain in our room and hotel staff did nothing about it.

Really great location, just minutes from the old town. We had a sea facing room and the views from the balcony were amazing!

Excellent hotel, with great staff and amazing location.
    • Classic Double Room

The majority of the rooms face the sea, but make sure you book a room facing the sea. We were in side rooms with a slight sea view, but we were near the delivery entrance so were woken every morning by the beeping of reversing trucks at 6am every morning...

The hotel is on the coast with its own jetty and amazing views of Dubrovnik old town and the island of Lokrum. The old town is less than 10 minutes walk. The rooms are high quality, the breakfast excellent and the facilities very good. But most impressive was the staff. Everyone was friendly and wanted to help. The service was exemplary, especially the team in the Piano Bar and Breakfast Room. Thank you!

Hotel in perfect position with top class facilities

Perfect location for visiting Dubrovnik, easy 5 minute walk to old town and wonderful views of the coastline and lokrum island. No rush to get up as breakfast served from 06.30 until 10.30 with superb choice of hot and cold food. The Spa facilities were spacious and with a good sized pool.

Spent a romantic weekend at the hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Spent a romantic weekend at the hotel. All l can say everything was fantastic well worth the money. Staff, breakfast and ambiance. Big plus just a short walk to the walled city.

Relaxing.
    • Villa Odak Deluxe Sea View Balcony Double

The bed was a bit hard. The inside pool area is quite dangerous as the tiles are very slippery when wet - not good tiles for a pool area.

The view from the room was great. Breakfast was fantastic. Staff were very friendly and helpful

Nice hotel
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

Breakfast varieties could be improved in a pricey hotel like this. No toaster. Sink in the bathroom was a little small. After washing my face, the floor was all wet.

Very helpful and friendly staff at the reception and restaurants. Spacious rooms. Comfy beds. Good view. I highly recommend this hotel.

Fantastic location with stunning views of Dubrovnik old town and the sea
    • Villa Odak Superior Sea View Double

Mediocre breakfast that is not at all up to a 5-stars standard; La Senza Restaurant: the exorbitant prices in no way matched the standard of the cuisine which was simply average. Dare I say the local wine list (at least the open wines) was appalling. On three occasions we had to send back the wine because it was simply not drinkable (tasted like vinegar). Very disappointing for the price class of this restaurant. We’ve had splendid regional wines in the past at other parts of Croatia.

Exceptionally clean and modern hotel with good facilities, excellent location right above the sea with breathtaking views, modern spa, friendly staff, great value for money.

A bit on the pricier side for what we would normally spend, but well worth it for a special occasion
    • Villa Odak Superior Sea View Double

Spa treatments a bit pricey (on par with London prices, but for shorter durations) - not great value. Found better value in the old town.

Super friendly staff and not over bearing. SPOTLESS room. Beautifully designed throughout with tasteful interior. Fab breakfast. Great location. Amazing views. Lots of complimentary wine. Felt special.

Very good Hotel!!!
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

There is only one thing that we really didn't like it. The temperature of the water in the swimming pool was too low. We couldn't swim, particularly if you come with small children. There are also some facilities within spa center which didn't work.

An excellent Hotel!!! Staff is very friendly, polite and nice to all guests. We were given a beautiful room with a magnificent view over the Old town Dubrovnik. There is also an amazing lounge bar within the Hotel.

Location was everything and the room provided old school glamour with modern luxury!
    • Villa Odak Deluxe Sea View Balcony Double

Not enough choice on Bar menu for vegetarians

The view from the room was spectacular, sea and the old town! The room decor was also beautiful and we felt like movie stars! My wife felt totally spoilt for her Birthday!

Location close to old town, very good pool and spa.
    • Villa Odak Superior Sea View Double

Breakfast extensive, but not great quality, long life juices etc. And chefs ability to cook eggs not good.

Location close to old town, very good pool and spa. Bar and restaurant very good although pricey. All staff very helpful. Tea and coffee in room, view and balcony lovely.

Great location for the price!
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

located on a one way road, and therefore, was impacted due to road closure for off-peak season road improvements. So wasn't easily accessible by taxi except when departing.

Expensive but great location near Old Town and beach.

Wonderful views and cool hotel for a decent price, short walk from the Old Town.
    • Villa Odak Superior Sea View Double

Was there an outdoor pool? It was freezing anyway so we wouldn't have used it but it seemed as though there wasn't one. The food was really quite dreadful but I imagine that this was because we were so out of season. There's been a refit and though the hotel looks very smart and cool, some areas do look a bit soulless. I'm wondering though if this is more because it didn't have the hustle and bustle of high season activity. I'm not keen on the look of the modern building.

The views of the Old Town are absolutely wonderful and it is only a short walk away. Cocktails on the terrace when the sun came out was blissful. Lovely room with lovely views. Spa and indoor swimming pool were very luxurious. Cool interiors. The Villa Odak is a beautiful building.

I am sure to come back to this hotel soon, as it is one of...
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

I am sure to come back to this hotel soon, as it is one of the very best ones I have ever stayed at. Especially the hotel restaurant is outstanding in both cooking and service.

I will only be staying here when i visit Dubrovnik next.
    • Villa Odak Superior Sea View Double

Staff were friendly and the breakfast was really good - fresh ommelettes, eggs benedict and poached eggs made to order. The gym & swimming pool/jacuzzi were very nice!

The location is perfect.
    • Classic Double Room

As we arived by car, I tried to reach the reception by phone, to get the instruction where to park, but there was no answer for more than five minutes. Eventually, it was sorted out as we arived there, but for the reception to be unreachable for so long is not acceptable for a price one is paying there. The breakfast is much too ordinary, just as it is in any other hotel - industrial food, and one would not be aware of a five-star status if the food is concerned. Good hotel, but should upgrade the service on the level the overall price is.

The location is perfect. Bed was extra comfortable, and the overall state of the facilities is as one would expect in a five-star hotel. Extra value for the view is worth the price, as the Old Town is the most beautiful scenery to see in the morning.

Wow wow wow.
    • Villa Odak Superior Sea View Double

Wow wow wow. I’ve stayed in some beautiful hotels but the location, comfort, service and beauty of this hotel was one to remember. The rooms are spotless, large, super comfortable bedding and with stunning views. I’d recommend getting a room with a balcony (pic shows view from ours) We stayed during winter and were so impressed, I can only imagine how stunning this hotel would be during the warmer seasons. Highly recommended.

I would recommend this hotel 100% for your stay in Dubrovnik.
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

I did not find the cushions so comfortable.

I would recommend this hotel 100% for your stay in Dubrovnik. Could not get closer to Old Town, the beach is also just in front... Staff is very professional, interior design is lovely, the views are just amazing... One of the best hotels I have stayed at.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The location of this hotel is super convenient, just 10 mins...
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

The location of this hotel is super convenient, just 10 mins walk to the old town, we stayed at the old wings with fantastic view of old town, too! The staff there are very professional and helpful, enjoy the stays very much. We definitely stay here again when visit Dubrovnik the next time.

One of the best hotels I have stayed in anywhere.
    • Villa Odak Deluxe Sea View Balcony Double

Incredible place, really amazing room, great facilities. What made it special were fantastic views straight out onto the sea and Old Town, perfect location easy walking distance to everything - wish I had stayed much longer.

The stay was very good as usual. It was very relaxing. We hope to return.
    • Villa Odak Deluxe Sea View Balcony Double

The refurbishment does not enhance the hotel. The battleship grey of the room was not attractive. Storage has been reduced. Unfortunately there is no longer a happy hour for cocktails!!

The location is excellent. The breakfast is fantastic. The pool and spa are good. Staff are obliging. The rooms with sea view and balcony are excellent.

Wonderful views
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

Breakfast had a lot of choice- personally I'd prefer less choice but more made to order at 5* but that's just me! No iron and expensive for pressing. Coffee making facilities could be better/ more modern.

A beautiful and stylish hotel with the most incredible views- we were super lucky that it was slightly off season and so had spectacular seats every breakfast time. The bar is really nice and the service was good. My husband had his birthday whilst in Dubrovnik and the hotel made it special. Dubrovnik itself is stunning- a bit touristy- we went to the islands in the day and returned in the evening to miss the crowds! But Croatia is truly beautiful. A holiday we will always remember.

Great hotel in fantastic location . Not quite 5 star but getting there
    • Villa Odak Superior Sea View Double

Rooms not ready despite paying for the night before the morning we arrived No drinking water available in pool spa area or drinks / snacks service on the ocean terrace . Felt like hotel was winding down for winter

Very quiet, small but lovely room with great ocean view Housekeeping department quick and efficient Breakfast good choice and well prepared Location couldn’t be better for quick access to the old town but far enough away to be very quiet . Ideal for adults, couples and groups

A very pleasant stay at a good hotel in an ideal location
    • Villa Odak Deluxe Sea View Balcony Double

Although the breakfast selection was good, I was amazed that there were not fresh pancakes available and on occasion maple syrup. I also wish that the water used to make tea was indeed 'hot' water.

The staff at the Reception Desk were extremely helpful when we asked them if we could check out a little later than normal. They even let us move to another (clean) room. The Reception and Housekeeping Staff always said hello and were polite.

Fabulous location to visit Dubrovnik!

A little pricey!

Very luxurious hotel! Breakfast buffet was unbelievably good and eating breakfast overlooking the Adriatic and the old town was just heavenly!!

Excellent choice for those who want to be close to the Old City and on the beach.
    • Villa Odak Deluxe Sea View Balcony Double

We had a late check in, there was only 1 receptionist and the service was too slow, therefore a crowd of just arrived guests had to wait. Not acceptable for 5 star hotel. Also at late hours Reception design gives a wrong impression of overrated hotel due to the very cold and minimalistic style.

Location, food.

Excellent location and breathtaking view of Dubrovnik (right from our hotel room).
    • Superior Double Room with Partial Sea View

The staff at the hotel was unable to arrange taxi ride for us to the airport at a fixed amount (which we were able to do on our own afterwards). Two other hotels we stayed during our trip were able to do this without any problem.

The close proximity of the hotel to the old town of Dubrovnik and the view from the hotel (especially the one right from our room) to the old town of Dubrovnik were fantastic and breathtaking.

Fantastic hotel and you can't beat the location!
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

The rooms do not accomodate a family with small children. We had two rooms but our two kids (8 & 10) had to sleep in their own room with a card key to ours if they needed us during the night. The property did put our rooms right next to each other though so it all worked fine. It just wouldn't work with younger kids.

The property is newly renovated and very nice. It has an AMAZING indoor pool area!! Although we didn't use it as the weather was nice to be at the beaches, it would be an ideal property to stay at with children when you have a day where the weather doesn't cooperate and you need something for the kids to do.

Really nice hotel in great location. Addressing the breakfast would make a real difference.
    • Villa Odak Superior Sea View Double

The breakfast needs attention. The area feels like a cafeteria, the food is of average quality not commensurate of this high end and high priced hotel. The hot items are not in adequate warming trays, the rolls and danish were not high quality or fresh, and the selection of food and overall presentation was not special. The servers collected plates and utensils on metal trays that created a noisy din in the environment. We stayed at other high end hotels in our Croatia trip, and the breakfasts there were significantly higher quality. If this area were addressed, it would significantly improve the overall experience of the quests and align with the high quality and price image required here.

Great location, recently refurbished and attractive hotel, large rooms overlooking the Adriatic Sea, a short 5 minute walk to the Old Town.

the bed is a super king size which is much larger than what...

hard to find anything.

the bed is a super king size which is much larger than what the description on booking says-please update- when I booked it it said double bed. quiet hotel which is great incredibly good location I had booked a room -which was not ready at the time of arrival- so the staff kindly put me in a better room for no additional charge- thank you!

The Location is fabulous, just 5 minute walk to the Ploce...
    • Villa Odak Deluxe Sea View Balcony Double

Staff could be more hospitable :)

The Location is fabulous, just 5 minute walk to the Ploce gate where you can get on the walls of Dubrovnik and into the old town. Our room has a balcony and it offers panoramic view of the old town and great spot to enjoy the sunset. We had a couple drinks at the piano bar terrace during the sunset and it's really gorgeous view. Breakfast is also not bad. Would recommend for leisure stay but the rates are quite high.

Great hotel, great location
    • Classic Double Room

Bar closed early, no shampo or soap first night, could close window first night( bad storm) Painter talking outside window at 7 am Monday morning

Very close to the town

Great staff in this wonderful hotel in a fabulous location.
    • Villa Odak Classic Double

our room was always quite cold and we didn't have a view from our room which I wasn't expecting so was disappointed with.

The croissants were delicious, as was the entire choice at breakfast. The Prora beach bay is simply devine - food, staff, location, venue - a perfect lunch or early evening meal. Hotel indoor pool is an excellent size but quite shallow. The spa was good, there is a small gym. Hotel décor was modern, cleaniness to a very high standard, beds were oh so comfy, bathrooms were a good size, towels & linen were high quality. There was plenty of space to mix with other guests or keep yourself to yourself, whichever suited. The staff were very friendly & helpful. Choice of restaurants for food & a great wine list. We used Room service only once - service was good. There were good facilities in the rooms - safe, free water every day, turn down service with local chocolate, tea & coffee making, mini bar, robes, slippers, wardrobe with shelving - a very good sized room.

Perfectly located and designed, lack of staff/mgmt that takes accountability to bring to next level
    • Superior Double Room with Partial Sea View

We stayed for 7 nights and enjoyed our stay very much. But the hotel has no soul yet. You don't feel any team spirit wanting guests to have the best stay and come back again. They just serve, do their job (some better, some not so well), but their's no extra effort. No one was standing out and I couldn't recall if it were the same people at reception from one day to the next as they didn't greet, didn't wish a nice day, didn't do anything to stay in your memory - they were not interested in their guests but only in doing the administrative or organizational part of hosting. There's a lack of experience and education in international hotellerie and a lack of accountability to bring this hotel one step forward, unfortunately. The indoor pool area's air temperature was too cool to enjoy hanging out for long, water temperature of the indoor pool was at around 27 Celsius. My boys, although enjoying it very much, had violet lips after ten minutes and trembling jaws... Overall the Wellness & Spa area wasn't inviting. I didn't book one treatment during the whole week - a first for me. One bathroom of our two rooms had a moisty smell. One room had a door to another room and one could hear the other guests cough. The second room neighbored a bathroom from other guests and you could hear them take a shower or flush the toilet. That's not what I would expect from a freshly renovated room of a hotel that wants to play on a five star level. A high priced club sandwich was served to me at the beach area in a disposable lunch box with plastic cutlery - not what I expected. Overall there are just too many small details no one takes accountability for at this place. I'd have more and it would make me want to run the place myself to change them as "it's all there" to make this hotel a place one would like to return back to year after year after year...

The view from our two 5th floor superior rooms in the newer tower looking towards the old town and - although just partially - at the sea was spectacular. The old town in golden morning sunlight or when the sun goes down behind is simply beautiful. The Hotel has a beautiful terrace and private area directly accessing the Adriatic sea with its crystal clear water. The room had a good size for its category and bathrooms were nice and they offered L'Occitane products. Overall, the interior design team did a fantastic job all around the hotel and in the rooms. We loved being outside the old town and have the views while still being just 10 minutes walking distance away from the many excellent small restaurants the town has to offer. Breakfast area is very large allowing a certain calm even when all tables are taken. Again, the view from the breakfast area's balcony is superb. The hotel bar is actually a very large, splendidly designed and relaxing lounge area with large windows and they had live musicians (piano, violin) on a couple of evenings.

Very relaxing stay. Fantastic location.
    • Villa Odak Superior Sea View Double

Housekeeping and room maintainence needs to be improved. Bad design of the bathroom. Should have shower and bathtub separated. Difficult getting out of the bathtub.

Beautiful views, aesthetics, and staff.
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing. Excellent in all ways.

Excellent location with stunning, newly remodeled, accommodations. Very helpful and pleasant staff and ability to book excursions from the concierge. Will definitely return. The spa was delightful, ask for Laura.

Sheer relaxation.
    • Villa Odak Deluxe Sea View Balcony Double

The rise in prices since the refurbishment. 2016 an executive suite was £3800 this year the same suite would have cost £7500. Whilst the hotel is a delight I don't think doubling the price of rooms was very fair.

Location and view

A very enjoyable and comfortable stay!
    • Classic Double Room

I cannot think of anything that I did not like.

Lovely hotel situated 5 mins from Old Town. All the staff were so friendly and helpful. The hotel is immaculately clean and very stylish in décor. The choice at Breakfast and quality of food was outstanding. Very comfortable bed and room. Particularly pleased that there was tea/coffee making facilities in room. Luxurious bathroom. Excellent hotel.

Excellent place to stay.
    • Villa Odak Superior Sea View Double

Location, morning breakfast, pool, beach access, view from the room, free parking, easy access to fort and last but not the least - "The WOK bar" in front of the fort entrance

Excellent hotel ...deserves 5 star rating
    • Villa Odak Superior Sea View Double

Everything was perfect except for 2 minor issues in our room - The large water spout in shower cubical was not connected so had to use hand held shower hose instead - It would be nice to have a "top sheet" on bed as only a dooner was supplied, this made it quite hot during night and if dooner was removed it became cool without some light cover

The staff were professional and attentive. Hotel is only a few minutes stroll to old town. There are many amenities at the hotel itself including a beautiful indoor pool area

Lovely hotel in great location
    • Classic Double Room

Dinner at the restaurant could be improved My husbands steak was not tender

The location is lovely, the beach is stunning The breakfast is great Beautiful hotel

Incredible hotel. Worth every cent
    • Villa Odak Deluxe Sea View Balcony Double

More staff around the water/pool lounge area to cater for the number of guests wanting cocktails!!

Amazing hotel with exceptional decore, lovely staff and incredible views. I loved the proximity to the old town, but it was peaceful, relaxing and with beautiful water to swim in. The room (seaview with balcony) could not be faulted. The dinner at their new restaurant was top class.

Nice but shame about the iron
    • Superior Double Room with Partial Sea View

I've never stayed in a supposed 5* hotel which didn't include an iron in the bedroom; even worse, it wasn't possible to get an iron from housekeeping. Instead we were charged GBP20 to have 5 items ironed for us; this was a disgrace!

The location was great and the service was generally very good