Reviews of Hotel International 4 stars

Miramarska 24, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia

#42 of 92 hotels in Zagreb

• Classic Double Room

Very nice place to stay at. Room was clean,bed was very very comfortable. The breakfast was nice, classic for the buffet style. They also had a indoor garage( for a additional fee of 90 kunas a day) that came in handy for us, as we came with a bike. All and all very nice place to stay at!

• Classic Double Room

Spacious with updated fixtures . Staff were very obliging when we arrived late at night from a flight to make it possible to get a light meal from the bar. Conveniently located within walking distance to the City centre & Old Town without inner city noise & crowds.20 minutes by Uber to Airport

• Classic Double Room

I’d rather recommend to go to one of those many little restaurants for getting a taste of Croatian food instead of staying in the hotel’s restaurant.

Walking distance to city centre. Near to tennis courts. Big rooms, nice modern bath room.

Having requested a non-smoking room for health reason, I was given a smoking room with the argument that there was no other available The hotel is far from the city centre and the connecting way is not pleasant. With a very good exception, the employees from the reception were not genuinely kind and appeared to be tired of they were doing or not interested.

• Deluxe Double Room

small entrance for cars and taxis to the hotel

Friendly welcome, nice bar in the lobby, three elevators to the rooms, spacy room, nice view from the 8th Floor, helpful employees

• Classic Double Room

I book a room in booking.com (2018.4.22~2018.4.23), the total price is € 75. But the hotel get 650HKR(about €88) from my credit card at 2018.4.22 before i arrived. When i arrived the hotel, the front desk told me the hotel will return the money to me when i checkout. Till now there isn't any reply from the hotel. I don't known the reseaon, hope the hotel can give me a reply about it.

We arrived to learn that they has shut off the central air system due to a shift from heat to cooling, but dis not i form us in advance or at check-in. This was frustrating, though they dis manage to send a technician to assist with our room.

• Classic Twin Room

Everything was more or less ok, comfortable rooms.

Good hotel, a little bit dated but for the rest good. Staff was friendly and efficient, rooms decent and the facilities fine. The gym was huge and all machines one might need were present. The hotel is on the edge of the city but it's perfectly walkable.

• Classic Double Room

Paid parking space. Room service needs improvements with response and content delivery.

Great stay for the this price range. Nice hotel with comfy clean room and bath.

• Superior Twin Room

Breakfast overly crowded around 8 o'clock every day. OK after 8:30 20 minutes queue to check out in the morning!

Close to the office I was visiting

• Classic Double Room

I did not have time to stay longer.

As a person who visited a lot of places around the world and stayed in a lot of hotels, I have to say few things... When I came to my room, it was really warm. I took room for smokers and I was pleasantly surprised that ventilation in room was working that good, so after some time you don't smell smoke in room anymore. Since I traveled 12h before I arrived to hotel, I was really tired and needed to get some good sleap. It was really quite all night and morning. But for me the most important thing I want to emphasize was the food. I am very picky person when it comes to food. There is not a lot of things I like to eat. But, that night I came to hotel I had the best dinner ever. I found some dishes in the menu, but I did not like it that way. So, the made dishes in a way I like to eat. Same for drink. It was really great. I was speechless. Staff was really polite. All in all, everything was great.

• Superior Twin Room

A man who works in a bar was he was very nervous and yelled at her colleague because she wanted us to get a menu from a restaurant that was right next to the bar. it was so loud that it seemed to work deliberately, probably because of the Serb / Montenegrin ethnicity

Size of a room is realy good and so clean. Breakfast was ok.

• Family Room (4 Adults)

To pay everyday parking or fine... All breakfast food is from can... Price really exaggerated doesn't worth more than 80e per night.

Clean and rooms appropriate for family, tried to fix my problem by being flexible with dates.

• Classic Double Room

Uncomfortable pillows, and the food in the lobby bar wasn't good

We had a wonderful stay, and it was better then we expected, nice stuff, good breakfast, spacious rooms and comfortable beds, the hotel looks nice overall, in the quite area but close to the city center (10-15 min walk) I would come back and I recommend it

• Family Room (4 Adults)

The parking cost ~13Euro per day. We didnt aware of this. It would be good if we know that there is a Charge for the parking

Superb.. We will definitely will be back. Helpful receptionist. The Price at Restaurant is good for 4 star.

• Classic Double Room

Staff was always friendly and spoke great english. Staff also went above and beyond to make our stay great. Additionally, breakfast was probably our favorite part of the day!

• Classic Double Room

parking situation & costs (13€ per day) noise from Casino/Disco - even in the 5th floor

very nice hotel & friendly staff, in a normally quiet surrounding. breakfast buffet ok but not outstanding

• Classic Double Room

room rates and food prices could have been a bit cheaper.

Nice, clean hotel, well appointed rooms. Excellent food...full buffet breakfast was so good that we hardly needed lunch. Even the food that we ordered for dinner at the dining table was tasty. The Bank, the grocers, fast food kiosk are just 2 minutes walk away and the bus stops are opposite. The city center is 10 to 15 minutes walk thru the park.

• Classic Double Room

I was attending a wedding in Zagreb. I knew I would return to the hotel in the early hours of the morning after the wedding. Staff were accomodating when I needed to extend my stay, I paid for each extra hour that I kept my room beyond normal checkout. This suited my needs perfectly.

• Classic Twin Room

All the parking of the city is paid including the hotel parking.

The WC and the room were clean. The breakfast was normal. This hotel is a 15 min walking from the city center, so it is well situated.

• Classic Double Room

Arriving well after midnight meant a ridiculous hike in taxi price, a grumpy receptionist on arrival and NO BAR!

The bed was superb. The choice of pillows less so. It's clean, it's fairly basic for the price. The most annoying thing was the very poor access to WiFi facilities.

• Classic Double Room

We didn't have any problems. The hotel met our expectations and was fine for a one night stay. I probably wouldn't stay here for any great length of time.

We arrived late and only stayed for one night. Everything was fine. The room was large and the breakfast was pretty good. The location was convenient for picking up our hire car the next day as the office was just next door.

• Family Room (4 Adults)

I wish I had stayed longer, otherwise nothing bad to say....

Tough to find true family accommodations in Europe this was a true family room with a separate bedroom for parents and single beds for the kids so no rollaway beds, no one sharing or squishing! It was clean, very well maintained, the bathroom was very nice and clean, the A/C worked very well and quiet, breakfast was awesome, location is great, a cheap taxi ride away from the main square and they will arrange that for you so you don't get tricked by any of the taxis who may try and charge more. Friendly staff, I've stayed at many hotels, it was truly an enjoyable stay, comfortable, too bad we had only one night. Parking is covered parking too so for rental cars you're at ease knowing your car isn't exposed and is in a good parking area.

• Classic Double Room

i booked from the internet and the price was 267 euro and when i came there he said to me that we want 300 euro to guarantee that i will not get something at the mini bar,i said to the guy that at my paper that i booked its 267 he said i know when u will live u will get the money back and not only that i didnt get all the money back but it was the price higher i paid 280 euro

the room it was very clean the toilet too

• Family Room (4 Adults)

America style hotel that appears to have been remodeled within the past 2 years (guessing). We had a family style room with a king bed in a separate room with a door that could be shut! We arrived late and were hungry but the kitchen had already shutdown the stove so they were able to make sandwiches for us which were very tasty (kudo's to the kitchen staff for the sandwiches!). The complimentary breakfast bar that came with the room was very well stocked with lots of choices and good things to eat or sample! We also appreciated being able to store our luggage in the office area while we toured Zagreb late morning into the afternoon! Overall a good experience for our first night after arriving in Croatia!

• Family Room (4 Adults)

Bathroom way too small for 4 adults. Gym shld be open 24 hours. As a guest, parking shld be free or included in the price

great that there was a separate bedroom for 2 adults then the main room for another 2

• Classic Double Room

Terrible pillows and very poor internet connection. Disappointed that I had to pay for parking considering the distance from town.

Generally a nice ambiance

• Classic Double Room

No parking available at sight. You need to pay extra for every day or hour. Hotels like this should have their own parking available for guests. For me this was a big minus since I always come to Zagreb by car.

Nice and clean rooms, great choice for breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

The room was incredibly hot, to the point it was very uncomfortable which really spoiled our stay. With windows open we still couldn't cool the room down and there was no working air con. Staff at reception could be friendlier, there was no warmth although professional they were cold and not very welcoming. Bedding was all feather and pillows were very light with no support or comfort. Overall inspite of a great room with lots of potential I had a very poor night's sleep.... which after a long day travelling was very disappointing.

The room (we had a superior double) was excellent in terms of size and was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was ok although there was no visible staff around!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Classic Double Room

Absolutely everything was great. Large and clean rooms. The best staff I have ever seen in any hotel, and I really travel a lot. They are very polite and helpful, I am really impressed. 20 minutes away from the city centre on foot. With no doubt at all, it was 10/10.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

• Classic Double Room

everything was just right - so just go on like this!!!

Very kind Staff, really great position. Cosy rooms, clean. Allways near when I was interested in something. Ready to help, advise!!! Thumbs up!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• Classic Double Room

The price of the breakfast is overpriced...so we didn't have any...

Everything was supreme...close to the centre of the city, parking around the hotel is ample during weekends, great traffic connectivity

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

• Classic Twin Room

We stayed here two separate times on this trip because it was thirty minutes from the airport and in a good location. The room the first night was comfortable and clean. The room we got on the second stay was a nicer room, but there was only one towel in the bathroom, and the air conditioning was not working properly so it was a bit loud and the room was warm. So even though the room was nicer the second visit, our first stay was definite better.

The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Classic Double Room

the speed of the Internet connection can be improved.

This is a great hotel! excellent service, delicious food, gorgeous rooms. I absolutely recommend it.

• Classic Twin Room

The room was dark and bathroom facilities were a little worn-out. The car garage was very expensive and is not included in the price.

Clean. Helpful staff. Convenient location.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Classic Double Room

Not within walking distance of tourist attractions. A ride on tram #13 is required. This is a large, impersonal hotel that caters to tour buses.

Large, relatively modern. Full breakfast buffet.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

When i chose this hotel, in the price breakfast was included. While i was completing the form of booking.com in order to book the rooms, i didn't notice that i had to check our willing for breakfast. When i realised the mistake i tried to correct it but i couldn't. When i arrived to the hotel i told what happened to the receptionist. He answered me that if i wanted breakfast i should pay extra 60kuna per person. It was very dishonest to pay again for something that i have already paid.

Good location-easy to find

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

Receptionist are very welcoming and professionals . It is a big hotel 15 min walk to the lovely Zagreb city center. It has GMY and sauna works well. AC was also working good. Room and bathroom were spacious and bed was super comfortable. Parking cost extra 13 euro per day which is reasonable price since it is hotel's private parking area, and it is safe . I would definitely recommend it and would love to stay here again in my next visit to Zagreb.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

Price for the pet was twice as high as it is in other 4 star hotels in Europe that we stayed in

Room was very clean and comfortable, staff helpful and very nice

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

• Classic Double Room

Poor wifi, strange wood smell. Narrow horizontal window view.

Stayed just for one night travelling to Dalmatian coast. Excellent staff, good english, professional. Comfortable bed sheets. Good location close to city center. On overall good value for money.

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Family Room (4 Adults)

Very bad WIFI I can say no WIFI available very bad gim with only four machine for hundred guests Bad breakfast no salad leafs and fresh fruite no freish juice Parking is expensive €13 for 24 houses in addition to that fee there is no one to organise the cars in front of the main gate of the hotel Finally in chek or they ask me for around €110 more than the booking.com prise When I discussed with him he went in and check the booking papers he told me sorry !!!!! You are right because the booking prise was €316 pluse $13 plus €4 city tax = €333 he asked me for €446 at he first time when I said you are wrong he told me the difference is because of exchange rate I said NO AND NO then he went in to the back office and said sorry was my college fault he did not realised you booked on a different rate and reduce it to €345 which is still €12 more than what I expect So my recommendation to all stay away from international hotel if you go there check your bill carfully

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Classic Double Room

I wish it was a bit closer to the city center to be able to walk, but by cab it would take no more than 10 minutes.

A really comfortable and friendly place to stay.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Classic Double Room

Hotel International is great choice for business traveler. Hotel is easy reachable by public transport or by car and public garage is a part of the hotel. City center is ten minutes walk from the hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

Everything was wonderful

The staff were welcoming, fun and professional. We're first time travelers to Croatia from the US and they made us feel at ease. The room was high tech, clean and comfortable. It was so quiet we had the best night sleep of the entire trip.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• Classic Twin Room

Bed and pillows quite soft, but sleeping still relatively comfortable.

Friendly and helpful staff, classic continental breakfast, great to have a kettle in the room which was very comfortable, quite large, with lots of storage and a spacious bathroom. Located near a tram station, good connections to the city centre.

Room, location, facilities everything

Great hotel all good!

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was not good, the quality of breakfast need to be improve

Very welcoming staff, very supportive and having enough patience to help

• Family Room (4 Adults)

A little away from the centre. No supermarket nearby

Excellent staff. Clean comfortable room. Good facilities and breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room

Air conditioner in my room worked bad

I always stay in this hotel when travel to Zagreb and everything was good. Nice breakfast

• Classic Double Room

Parking options are not clearly communicated in advance.

Nice people, good breakfast, clean rooms.

Long check out

Nice place for Business stay

Everything was perfect!

• Classic Twin Room

Bathroom ventilation was poor and toilet flush button was tight. Not a lot of amenities nearby

Friendly n helpful staff

A good hotel with a nice location and tasty breakfasts.

Rooms got hot quick. But not uncomfortably so

Very well maintained facility

• Classic Double Room

Very kind and professional staff, spacious room with very nice bathroom. Quiet neighborhood.

No free parking

Nice size room and bathroom

• Classic Double Room

No clarity and clear communication about car parking and parking charges

Not a lot

• Classic Double Room

Staff and organization- disaster!!!

Fitness, sauna, breakfast

Location, bed, cleanless of bathroom, parking

Large room, good food.

Everything perfect

• Superior Twin Room

Kind hosts. Clean, comfortable room. Bath tub. Nice breakfast, litt minimalistick thought.

Small sauna

Honey in glass

• Deluxe Double Room

I am used to hotels with several restaurant so one restaurant did not give much changes on menu.

Exellent service and good food at restaurant.

Everything was perfect..

all fine... big hotel

Value for money

• Classic Double Room

The WiFi speed in the room is way slow, sometimes unusable. I had to go to the lobby to work. This should be fixed in a hotel of this kind.

A big and comfortable hotel at the heart of an old city is a great find. Very clean and pleasant.

Room, food,hotel

All was very bad

Poor wi-fi network.

Very clean room and bathroom. Big comfortable bed.

• Classic Double Room

Paying for parking additional 12 euros.

Comfort and clean rooms, really good location near center!

• Classic Double Room

Staff are friendly, clean place...

Browse Hotel International traveller photo gallery