Reviews of Hotel Mediteran Plava Laguna 3 stars

Plava Laguna bb, 52440 Poreč, Croatia

#13 of 32 hotels in Poreč

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Very average at the best for American standards.
    • Double Room with Balcony

Breakfast very good, dinners below average. Ice machines in the hallways non existent. Hotel still has very socialist look. Dinning rooms look like cantinas. More exits needed to the outside.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Brilliant stay

Dinner menu was basic.

Staff were very helpful.rooms were very clean and comfortable and swimming pool was great.near everything and walk to the town centre was lovely 😊breakfast was also delicious

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Chilled place to end an active break.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

No kettle for my morning brew was a little disappointing but this seems to be the way in Croatia. The food was good if you are prepared to try different things which didn't always look particularly appetizing but was usually good.

Fantastic location with wonderful views down to the sea from the balcony and a lovely pool and bar area. The reception staff were fabulous and the rooms spotlessly clean.

Everything was excellent from de staff to the breakfast, dinner, services and room !

Everything was excellent, from the staff to the breakfast and dinner. The rooms are spacious enough for a couple, very clean and modern (I found it really bad that I did not find a room with a sea-facing balcony at the moment of booking, but I will make the reservation sooner rather than later). The food was very delicious, it was not nothing was missing from breakfast or dinner. I was really excited about the culinary diversity! (less when we got home and found an increase in smiles) When I talk to the superlative of this resort I am aware of it and compared to other resorts or hotels in Europe where I was a client! The rating is EXCELLENT! There were several evening shows for kids and kids programs. I liked the way of organizing this resort! The restaurant manager's outfit in a suit and tie that reveals its respect for the clients, welcoming them at the restaurant's dinner door. The staff was always smiling and fully satisfied the expectations of the clients. I will definitely return to this hotel in the coming summer

The room looked like it was straight from the fifties,...
    • Double Room with Balcony

The room looked like it was straight from the fifties, extremely dated. But it was very clean. Food was okay, breakfast was pretty much the same every day, diner was a bit more varied. Pool was extremely salty, didn't care much for that. Staff was very friendly

Hotel in a beautiful surrounding with great food

I lacked a bit more attractive animation. However it was not a big painpoint. Each evening live music compensated that.

Very nice, renovated hotel with high level standard as for three stars. Green garden, lovely restaurant and surrounding. Approx 15 minutes walking distance from Poreč centre. I liked the most good food and location. I recommend for those who want to relax in a calm and cozy atmosphere.

Great vacation at a beautiful hotel

Some of the guests would leave their towels at the pool for a pretty long time without being there, to keep their sunbeds occupied.

The hotel is beautiful, clean, close to the sea. The food was delicious and we had a great variety to choose from. The pool was a great place to relax.

Nice modern rooms, albeit slightly cramped but I was on my...
    • Single Room with Balcony - Park Side

Mealtimes were a mission, especially evening. Having to go later to beat the queues! Many people stared at us as if we were aliens, very odd atmosphere. But food was plentiful. reception staff were hit and miss, made to feel uncomfortable on day of check out. Had to change in a hot conference room as no changing facilities and followed through reception being asked to pay the bill for room,

Nice modern rooms, albeit slightly cramped but I was on my own and didn’t spend any time in there.

Perfect (one) day!!

The hotel is big but comfortable and clean. It is situated in a beautiful garden with pool, ending with the seaside. Very good and various breakfast. 15 minutes walking from the city center (enjoyable walk by the sea).

Perfect trip.

Nothing to dislike

Everything was first class especially the staff, couldn't be more attentive and helpful. The Hotel was immaculate in beautiful surroundings. Next trip here will be for all the family as it caters for little ones to old timers. We would struggle to get a better Hotel, even though the room was fitted with louvres outside which at first was a little disappointing. We'll done.

It was our 2nd time in 2 months and we're definitely planning to return.

It looks nice, food is also good, but the nicest thing is that everything simply works as expected. Besides, all kinds of nice beaches can be found within a walking distance. They are all properly managed and organized.

Enjoyed holiday and facilities in hotel apart from restaurant were good.
    • Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Food and restaurant procedures were not what we expected ie food poor standard and overall service re how buffets were laid out and the 'free for all ' aspect of acquiring a table was not conducive to a nice eating experience

Hotel itself was very nice as was staff and hotel very clean, etc.

If you enjoy spending time with grandpas and grandmas (60+), this hotel is definitely for you!!!

The water in the swimming pool is cold =( In the room it was cold because of air condition and you can just ask to turn it off on the reception. The shower doesn't have a closing door, that is why floor in the bathroom is always wet.

The staff is friendly, especially the guy who was helping with carrying luggage! Breakfast and dinner are awesome-huge amount of different food! The area is pretty to walk) Also, you have grounds for volleyball, tennis and ping-pong. For extra payment, you can play American pool.

Decent food, there is no alternatives if you are vegetarian etc. Restaurant is crowded. Parking is not free.

Great location. Friendly staff. Cheap parking.

Positive Energy Boost
    • Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

Cleanliness in the bathroom could be improved.

Upon late check-in our dinner was waiting for us. That was a first nice surprise at this hotel! Waking up in very peaceful environment and view towards the lagoon and clear, blue sky with fresh sea air and inviting swimming pool. We thought we were brave and immediately wanted to swim early in the morning, but hey! What a surprise! The water was super warm and kind of pleasant on the skin. Our second unexpected surprise! After great swim excellent breakfast was waiting for us with huge choice of meals and plenty fruits and vegges. After wonderful morning we were even allowed to have late check-out upon request providing us more hours on the beach before we we hit the road to the our next destination. We would definitely recommend this hotel to all and we will come back. Here what we have booked, we got exactly! And even more.

Very nice place for holiday and would recommend to others.

I noticed the number of steps to be negotiated by eldery and maybe not so agile residents from bedrooms to bar and dining room was excessive and if lift were to go to restaurant level it would be very helpful for these people.

Dining and variety of food very good.

Better than some 4 star hotels
    • Single Room with Balcony - Park Side

Room service would be nice. Safe deposit box in the room was a bit of a mystery.

Excellent choice for breakfast and dinner, grounds around the hotel are beautiful and well maintained, beautiful walk to the town centre. Lovely lady at the Atlas desk who helped me book my day trip to Venice. Very happy with my stay

For us, it was an excellent hotel - LOVED it!!
    • Double Room with Balcony - Park Side

There are lots of stairs in this hotel, e.g.stairs to get into the hotel, stairs to get to the lifts, stairs down to the restaurant, but NO RAMPS. The staff will help with luggage etc. in the daytime, but although it wasn't an issue for us, when we arrived at about 10pm there was no assistance and we had to manage all of our luggage ourselves. I also saw several people really struggling to manage the stairs for the restaurant. (I don't think the lifts go down to the restaurant either). For anyone with mobility problems this hotel would not be a good choice.

The location of the hotel is excellent. It's a few yards to the nearest beach and is surrounded by fir trees and miles of walking and cycling pathways. Also there are miles of rocky coves, some are man made, some are shingle and others just rocks. The 15-20 minute walk into Porec is lovely - very picturesque, or if you're not up to the walk, there is a land train which picks up at the front of the hotel. The hotel itself is great, nice room, good food with loads of choice and really friendly, helpful staff. The evening entertainment which was live groups while we were there was also excellent.

Very good position of the hotel near the city of Porec.

Beach near the hotel is not so good as the others (but you can easily walk to another ones). Lot of crowds during breakfast and dinner, sometimes very difficult to find free table (high season). Very noisy dining room.

Very good position of the hotel near the city of Porec. Nice surrounding of pine and cedar forest. Swimming pool with see water. Very friendly personal. Half board with wide choice of meals for dinner.

Having survived 32 skiing holidays unscathed I slipped on...

Having survived 32 skiing holidays unscathed I slipped on wet steps by the pool area on the first day and injured my arm . Although there was no fractures I spent the whole week with a severely bruised and swollen arm. I was the third person that day to slip on the steps and the manager took immediate action to apply none slip strips to the steps. Too late for me though. I wasted time which should have been spent enjoying myself visiting clinics and the regional hospital in Pula. I was restricted throughout the holiday in all activity. Staff at the hotel were very kind and sympathetic but appeared to have no training in first aid.

Staff need to be trained in how to deal with complaints
    • Single Room with Balcony - Park Side

The food wasn't great (except for the freshly cooked bacon and eggs for breakfast). Mattress and pillow were not very comfortable. There was no room around the basin to put toiletries. Putting on make up was awkward. Housekeeping staff entered my room while I was showering at 18:30. I had a "do not disturb" sign up all through the day but I didn't think I would need one for the evening ( I have never experienced this in any other hotels). After I squealed at them to go away ( it was a bit of a shock), they returned three minutes later when I was still in a towel! They were trying to speak to me in Croatian (I only speak English) and then rolled their eyes at me when I didn't understand. I would have thought that it's pretty obvious that if I'm in the room I don't want them to service it. Especially while I am in a towel! I contacted reception about this experience but no apology was forthcoming. Other than this experience I found the staff to be pleasant. Be aware that the bands play until 22:30 and this can be heard in the rooms. You can also hear the entertainment from neighbouring resorts.

Nice saltwater pool. I was there in time for water Aerobie ex on morning which was a bit of fun. I enjoyed sitting on my balcony overlooking the pool and listening to the bands that were playing in the evenings. My room tariff included half board and was very reasonable. I hired a bike and it was an easy ride into Porec along the promenade. You can also catch a tourist train into Porec.

Nice hotel in a beautiful setting

The room was overlooking the parking where all the excursion buses were parked. It was very noisy in the morning when they were turning on the motors and people were boarding to leave for daily trips

The variety of food (half board is really excellent value for money) Excellent position for a nice walk to town of Porec (for those who like walking) Very professional staff

Holiday Of My Life
    • Double Room with Balcony

Maybe to cold water in the pool for me.

The whole hotel was great, I have no complains. I have amazing erotic moments under the shower with my wife, so the shower was awesome 😁. Breakfast and dinner was really tasty. A lot of quality food to choose. Great weather and amazing surroundings make my holiday the best in my life!

Hotel and surroundings wonderful as usual, loved the...

Quality of the food has been significantly lowered since last visit in 2014.

Hotel and surroundings wonderful as usual, loved the swimming and relaxation by the pool.

May holiday in Laguna Mediteran
    • Double Room with Balcony - Park Side

-Misleading photos of rooms on the webpages -The bed in the room which was too soft -Too crowded restaurant during the dinner -Problem with parking space

This was our 3rd stay in Laguna Mediteran and our 10th in Poreč in the last 3 years. We liked Poreč because it is a clean, green and safe place to stay. We spend there short holidays and also the longest summer holidays. We always choose Zelena or Plava Laguna hotels. It happened for the first time that the room we got in the hotel wasn’t published neither on booking.com nor Laguna Mediteran’s webpage. We knew the rooms from our previous stays – they were nice, bright with modern furniture and comfortable beds. The room we got this time wasn’t renovated, the furniture was a bit threadbare. It looked quite “old school. The bathroom was nice and bright. However, the room was spacious, we had an extendable armchair used as an extra bed. The double bed had so soft mattress that it was impossible to sleep in. When we sat on it, it sank down. We made a complaint about the bed. The receptionist told us that they had no other rooms because the hotel was full. She promised us to do something about the bed next morning. We spent the first night on the extra bed ;) The next morning they “fixed” the bed with an extra wooden plate. They put it under the mattress and it was much better :) Otherwise the room had a really beautiful view to the pool and the park. While walking through the corridors we realised that one part of the hotel wasn’t renovated, because we could see the rooms that looked the same as ours. The photos on their webpage are definitely misleading because not all rooms look like rooms that they advertise. The restaurant was so crowded that it was really hard to get a table during the dinner. The air was unbearable, it was very hot, no air-conditioning… The majority of guests were pensioners. They entered the restaurant immediately when it opened. After they finished their meals, they were sitting and chatting at their tables (for hours) with a glass or two of wine or beer, because the drinks at dinner time, such as beer, wine and juice are included in the price.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Excelent location.

I suggest to add some forces in the restaurant during the peak period (to clean tables faster).

Excelent location. Nice inner design: coherent details (floor, lamps, pictures), lovely restaurant (pretty, even it has to be quite big), lobby (with great view on a garden and swimingpool). Good value for money. Great view from the balcony.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Nice place, excellent food, large room and very good WC,...

It was not necessary to pay 1 € for the car parking

Nice place, excellent food, large room and very good WC, free WiFi hi speed

Great value for a 3* hotel

Nothing to mention.

Food and staff were excellent.

Perfect location, very clean hotel, friendly staff, very...
    • Single Room with Balcony - Park Side

Perfect location, very clean hotel, friendly staff, very well maintained facility, good breakfast

Place, cleal rooms, good services, staff, foid

The internet service was bad, practically does not work.

Place, cleal rooms, good services, staff, foid

Very poor choice of food at dinner.

Comfortable room, excellent morning pool view.

Very poor choice of food at dinner. Mashed potato had really bad taste. Sorry to say that.

Nedostaje mini bar, i sef.
    • Double Room with Balcony

Nedostaje mini bar, i sef.

Location, lots of shades and playgrounds for children
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed and Balcony

It’s not suitable for strollers and wheelchairs

Location, lots of shades and playgrounds for children

Marvelous
    • Double Room with Balcony

A great place to spend the night and relax a little!
    • Double Room with Sofa Bed and Balcony

The staff was very friendly and inviting. Breakfast was excellent!

Very nice vacation.
    • Double Room with Balcony

The coffee at the restaurant could have been better (expresso machine).

The excellent lobby of the hotel, great pool and room.

Good food, very friendly and helpful housekeepers
    • Double Room with Balcony

Small room and small bed

Good food, very friendly and helpful housekeepers

Food

Small bathroom

Food

The room allright

Great location and luxury for good price

Location, beach and pool

Reasonably good.

The main problem is the shower in the room; water get all over the bathroom when one takes shower.

Beachj and staff.

Superb

Excelent location, friendly staff, excelent food

Good air con in rooms good wi-fi connections all around the...

Salt water pool, food very similar each night.

Good air con in rooms good wi-fi connections all around the hotel

Food is exstraordinary!

Food is exstraordinary!

Mass tourism but with quality

Coffee taste Low quality juices Crowded restaurant

Food choice Efficient organization

Excellent stay..

Excellent stay.. very good hotel, very clean, very big and comfort..

Clean,excellent location
    • Double Room with Balcony and Sea View

I can't find anything that I would complain about this hotel

Food was excellent

Great stay

Great poperty! This was not our first vacation here and each time they get better. We recommend this hotel!

Good hotel with a fair price for the summer season.

A great variety of food for breakfast and dinner. Free consumption of some drinks for both breakfast and dinner. The rooms have nice and big showers.

The room was quite big, The food Was gòod and The hotel very...
    • Double Room with Balcony

The room was quite big, The food Was gòod and The hotel very nice.

it's worth more than ***

it's worth more than *** at least ****

Location, sea and full of thress.

Rooms are a little bit small and there is no place for wet thowels.

Location, sea and full of thress.

Food!

Coffy with milk was just brown water and cost 2,7 Euro!

Food!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2015

- location near Porec city (20 min walking)

- beach not so nice near hotel - pretty crowded during breakfast/lunch time - the air conditioned was smelling, we had to open windows each time we came back in the room

- location near Porec city (20 min walking) - 2km from aqua parc - pine forest near sea - good variaty of food - nice show for kids in the evening

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Almost anything, the swimming pool looks nice.

The hotel looks more like a retirement place. Too many old people, the beach close its far from being nice.. Long lines for dinner, not tasty food, small sad rooms and the staff was not very friendly. We asked for a better room which we would pay the difference, but the receptionist said it was not possible because all the rooms were occupied, when we checked booking.com, we could see they actually had available ones, but the price was cheaper than what we reserved for a small room.

Almost anything, the swimming pool looks nice.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

Everything was simply excellent - food was great, staff is...

Everything was simply excellent - food was great, staff is very friendly and all speak various languages and there's plenty of options for outdoor activities.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2015

Location quiet not to many small children

Appetizer buffet no choices too much salad not enough variety no local dishes besides the fish was very good other dishes very simple and plain preparation grilled vegetables very tasty and fresh prepared never a good stew need more Mediterranean food poor bread selection fruit breakfast and dinner same choice same cut looked like left over from the day before change your chef and hire someone with more experience in large operations find a chef from a cruise ship he will be able to make more choices and that the buffet would look more presentable also deco missing more theme dinners Waiters need more training unexcepable to clear empty glasses with all fingers inside very poor training waiters could smile more some ladies are only table cleaners but have no manners to be there should be not in front line business rather sitting in an office so the can't be seen from guests or peel potatoes

Location quiet not to many small children

• Reviewed: 26 August 2015

Stuff was very kind.

Breakfast could be better in diversity and quality.

Stuff was very kind. Wifi was free and worked perfect in the busiest period (we had room relatively close to lobby). Surrounding area is great with lot of trees and vegetation. Diner was fine with lot of different meat and fish and drinks were included.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Very good hotel worth definitely more, than official 3 star,...

At outside terrace, where people are eating is missing sign, that during time of dinner is forbidden smoking. Result is, that families with small children are eating dinners at one table and somme other people (who finished their dinner) smoking at the next table. People has protested during our stay, that it it impossible have convenient dinner with small children, when other people smoking at the table right next to you. But they didnt succeed, because people who smoke has argued, that there is no "smoke forbidden" sign. Result was, that families with children moved to the inside of restorant, (with no sun and strong aircondition) and smokers has continued occupy sunny outside and continued to smoke. Very sad and very rude. Why people who doesnt smoke can not also sitting at sunny outside nice terrace and should be sent to exile to somme airconditioned inner place? I dont want to blame rudness od smokers only, this is also mistake of management of the hotel, because it could be easily solved by placing "smoking forbidden" sign during dinner time at terrace.

Very good hotel worth definitely more, than official 3 star, even better than somme 4 star hotels. Excellent kitchen, buffet dinner one of the best in Croatia in my opinion.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2015

I spend fantastic 9 days, with very friendly and helpful...

I spend fantastic 9 days, with very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable rooms, great location in summer ( in the City was very hot and outside where hotel is located it was much more comfortable), close to good restaurants, warm see, great pool, I had a perfect holidays. Thank You :)

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

The location is just perfect!

thinking hard but really nothing serious, yeah one thing: the sparkling wine for the breakfast was not cold enough :-)

The location is just perfect!! and combination of good hotel, services and great selection of food makes it fantastic

• Reviewed: 3 August 2015

The hotel is spotless clean with buffet breakfast and dinner...

WiFi was terrible - you get the connection but the speed is appalling. Air Conditioning goes off during the night and this was during the heatwave so it was uncomfortable at night - opening the balcony door during the night wasn't an option either because there were many mosquitos.

The hotel is spotless clean with buffet breakfast and dinner with quite good food. Each night there is a different band playing international music preceded by the short program dedicated to kids with a hotel dolphin mascot Lagunino which was very entertaining for my kid. They even have an everyday morning workshop for kids. Do not worry about languages - everything is always in Croatian, English, German, and Italian. The woods surrounding the hotel are spectacular with small beaches that are not overcrowded. We were biking all the time and it was lovely. There is also a children outdoor pool 30cm depth which is really great for small kids. They also have a bike room where you can lock up your bikes. Staff is really friendly and we really enjoyed our stay and will definitely come back. Highly recommended!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

Convenient renovated hotel.

Nothing significantly bad that could be noticed. Only it need to optimize wi-fi. Though it free, but a very slow...

Convenient renovated hotel. Nice sea view from the balcony. Very nice and tidy beach with many sport, food and other facilities and with a lot of shady trees. Very hospitable and helpful staff. The room is a bit small but compliant with it's cost. Good and varied food for breakfast and dinner. 15-20 minutes walking to Porec. Or it possible to use the touristic train to Porec or to Zelena Laguna that stops in front of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2015

The location was excellent-near the beach and a 15 minute...

Wifi was not very good.

The location was excellent-near the beach and a 15 minute walk to the center of porec where there is shopping and restaurants. We would definitely return

• Reviewed: 11 July 2015

Spacious room with balcony, very good food, free drinks at...

Bed was too soft, at one part of restaurant was very cold (too much air condition) and you could smell the toilets. Paying for parking, too many stairs without access for people on wheelchair,

Spacious room with balcony, very good food, free drinks at dinner, location at the crossroad of both touristic trains, a lot of shadow at the beach,

• Reviewed: 10 July 2015

Outside restaurant/cafe/bar/pool area is really...

View from the park side rooms is horrible! It does not exist, in fact, like you do not have windows at all. It significantly ruined the overall impression of the hotel. Food choice is wide but somehow not tasty as usually is in similar hotels in Croatia. Everything else, quite nice.

Outside restaurant/cafe/bar/pool area is really beautiful. A perfect place for relaxation.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Buffet was great for us - solved the "where are we...

Nothing negative to note!

Buffet was great for us - solved the "where are we going to eat tonight" question. Lots of options for my carnivorous life and my vegetarian husband. Quiet environment. A little older age group - but we loved this. Good swimming options. Lots of walking paths.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2015

Excellent location, nice staff, good facilities.

They could improve wifi quality, it kept on disconnecting. The bed was a bit soft for my taste. There are a lot of stairs to access the playground and beach that was difficult to handle with my 2 year old and her bike to carry. No indoor playroom for this age though it was early season and animation in high season might offer entertainment.

Excellent location, nice staff, good facilities. Food is decent, drinks are included for free, though the quality of drinks is not the highest.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2015

Rooms are clean

Staff on the reception were not very frindly.

Rooms are clean

• Reviewed: 14 September 2015

I liked the most the free wifi and the good location near...

I liked the most the free wifi and the good location near the beach and the tennis court.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2015

Personalens proffessionella inställning och service.

Personalens proffessionella inställning och service.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2015

We booked a double room with no balcony, but the management...

We booked a double room with no balcony, but the management changed it, on request, for a room with balcony with no additional costs. Thanks!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2015

Lovely hotel, tasty food with plenty of choice, very helpful...

Lovely hotel, tasty food with plenty of choice, very helpful staff. Can really recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

Everything was perfect.

Everything was perfect. Super pool with see water. Perfect location- 15 min walking trough promenade to the center of Porec.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2015

Good position of the hotel, near city Porec and near see.

Good position of the hotel, near city Porec and near see. Swimming pool with warm salt water. Nice view from balcony (depends on the room).

There are also 35 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.