Reviews of Hotel Park Split 5 stars

#18 of 67 hotels in Split

9.7

Awful service and not '5 Star' at all
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The service is nowhere near 5 star, we were truly devastated. For £300+ a night I would at least expect to not have to hunt down staff every time I needed a drink or to ask a question. The barman was unfriendly, unhelpful and quite often nowhere to be found. It was this same situation at the pool, if you wanted a drink you had to get dressed, go inside the hotel and try to find somebody to serve you. I've had beeter service in 3 star hotels. At breakfast the tables were always missing something such as cutlery. The had no tea-bags for 4 days and then when they finally got some they only lasted for 24 hours. The rooms are very small, My mum and I needed twin beds so they split a double into two beds but they were squeezed into a very small space and we were almost getting out of bed straight onto the walls. The reception staff always made us feel very rushed and like we were a nuisance, for example when I asked for some idea of tours available I was told to "look up what you want to do by yourself and then we will tell you how much we will charge". The menu for evening dinner looked wonderful but the whole 7 nights we were there we didn't see anybody other than corporate groups dining in the restaurant. I travel extensively and have stayed in many 5 star hotels and this is quite definitely the worst hotel I have ever experienced. I would not recommend staying in this hotel unless you have a lot of money to waste and don't mind awful service.

The building is beautiful, the parking was safe and the bathroom was 5 star

The location.
    • Double Room with City View

The rooms are a little small. The pool is on top of the road so a bit noisy but it’s a minor comment

The location. 15 min walk to the old town and right on the beach. The breakfast is great. The staff are very friendly and helpful The restaurant is very good The spa facilities are also very good. Best Swedish massage!

Great hotel, location will be returning to Hotel Park, Split Croatia!
    • Double Room with City View

Loved the location, the entire staff from the front desk to the dinning room & housekeeping were fantastic.The room was great, had a beach view. I am returning to Croatia & will be using the Park Split Hotel again. I highly recommend this hotel.

Good quality hotel (seems to be more good 4 stars, not 5)
    • Superior Double with Balcony

We've been given the smallest room from our category (deluxe with the balcony and access to the small garden), though we've been traveling with a child and requested a baby cot in advance (which takes quite a lot space in the room). The hotel offered us another room instead, but on the upper level, thus without a garden, which was important for us (to have an opportunity to exit from the room with the kid). I think that the 5 star hotel with not that low prices could be more attentive to the guests with kids (one of the larger rooms of the same category was given to the couple who arrived the same day and have stayed even shorter period than we). The other negative impression is extra 30% you need to pay for ordering food to the room. Fixed extra (20 euros for example) for any order could be a better decision, in my opinion.

Very nice historical building, beautiful territory, tasty breakfast. The location is very good - in a quiet district by the sea but close enough to the city centre.

Location!

This is simply not a 5 star hotel. My aperol spritz was not right (this is probably the most simple of all cocktails!) The bar food I ordered (from the menu on the table) was not burrata but a mozzarella used for pizzas. When I pointed this out they said that burrata was no longer on the menu. They could not explain why it was still on the printed menu on the bar table. I speak Croatian I could hear waiting staff argue amongst themselves. This did not leave a good impression.

Location! Restaurant waiter was excellent. Reception people are very nice and very helpful.

A great place to staz when in Split.
    • Double Room with City View

Excellent hotel; great position, very near the old town and jet in a bit secluded position. The staff is really friendly and helpful and breakfast fantastic. A great place to stay when visiting Split with modern amenities and old charm.

Elegant hotel near the beach marred only by noise from outside
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Pool on the small size You might need a PHD in electrical engineering to figure out the lighting and window controls They tried to charge us 8 euros to replace the bottle of war that came with the room (at this rate really?) Be aware, the ocean front rooms face a potentially extremely noisy stretch of beach....we were disturbed by drunken screaming one night even though the windows were closed. I would not even think of staying in these rooms in the summer, especially with the windows open. Not cheap but we found Croatia very expensive in general

Elegant hotel near a very nice beach area Deluxe ocean room was a split level and very cozy Nice large terrace to sit outside and relax

Pricey nice hotel that needs better Reception staff training
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Reception staff should speak and undestand English Reception staff wanted to charge us for one black tea bag in place of a herbal tea bag Jose Thomas, manager never called us back at our request

Upscale hotel with upscale price

The bar & restaurant staff was exceptional!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The reception staff was the complete opposite to the bar & restaurant staff! When paying, the recptionist did not want to accept one of the euro notes that was slightly damaged, even though they can accept it! Additionally, at an earlier occasion when we asked to provide us with some contacts to rent a boat, they were hesitant to provide us with direct contacts but rather just quoted the price!

The bar & restaurant staff was exceptional! All very nice and attentive, escpecially the ladies serving the breakfast! Great location of the hotel and great facilities!

-The suite I had booked though small in size yet, it was...
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

The food catered does not meet the standards one would expect from such a venue. The pool and the area around it for sun seekers is rather small and one finds it impossible to have a sun deck unless the person comes in very early in the morning.

-The suite I had booked though small in size yet, it was comfortable. The location of the property is good and the staff in general are quite accommodating and friendly.

Not too bad
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The breakfast was bad so was the food. We found insects in the food and they charged us for the wrong order + the burger with the insect.

The location is great, the bathrooms and rooms were clean. Free parking.

Hotel park split wonderful.
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet extensive and food delicious. Bar and pool area comfortable with wonderful service from staff. Concierge offered good advice about places to eat and made reservations for us. A lovely hotel.

Not a 5 star hotel in my opinion
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

The small rooms, the mattresses, poor customer service from some of the staff, and price was high without getting what we paid for in return

Some of the staff were friendly. The cleanliness and location were great

Good but not perfect
    • Single Room - Disability Access

The spa receptionist requires training. Young maid pounded on my door dispute the fact that the privacy sign was on it. When I pointed out to it she said "oh, yes but I need to give you the cookie". 5 star hotel should train all their staff well.

Loved the well trained and impeccable bar and restaurant staff. Excellent breakfast.

NOT a 5-star hotel!

I travel by myself quite often and I always stay in hotels, but this was by far the smallest room I was ever put into in a 5*hotel. The view isn't worth the comment, BUT the bathroom was not clean (someone's hair on the floor?!), the bathrobe had no belt, the staff let me dragg my suitcases to my room by myself. To say that I am disappointed would be a gros understatement. Renata

Disappointing. Lucky I brought my earplugs with me.
    • Junior Suite with Panoramic View

This hotel faces a major challenge: it is situated about 500 metres from an all-night, 7-days a week beach nightclub that opens at 9pm and closes at 6am. If you are in a room that faces the Bavice beach, it is like staying directly outside a live music stadium. The noise is incredible. I simply cannot see how a 5-star hotel and a live, all-night, 7-days a week nightclub can coexist. We were staying in the (only, I think) suite with a terrace balcony. You cannot use it after 11pm which is when you might wish to have a late night drink and watch the sea. You might as well be inside Wembley Stadium. This perhaps explains why it is the only room with a balcony and why the shutters are permanently shut on all rooms facing the beach. Apparently local residents and any businesses are unable to do anything about this considerable blight. You have been warned. I feel incredibly sorry for the local residents and hotels. The rooms are small, mean even. The room service is pretty non-existent - you get a daily maid service but no evening turn-down or clean-up, even in a suite. Pretty unusual in my experience of a 5-star hotel. The front desk staff look depressed and disinterested. They make no effort at all to offer help or tips about places to go. On the other hand, the breakfast staff are delightful, and cheery. The swimming pool is tiny, located by the road, and has only a limited number of poolside loungers which is surprising given how big the hotel is. Drinks are expensive. The cocktail snacks are a joke - teddy bear cheese shapes from a supermarket. There is one elevator servicing the entire hotel. It is a 15 minute walk into Split old town - this is pointed out in the hotel literature so not a surprise. The hotel has no ambience at all.

You are right on the sea. This hotel has been beautifully refurbished. In particular the outside terrace has been very thoughtfully designed, except that the municipal garbage bins are situated in the direct eyeline of the terrace. The furniture is of a high quality and very comfortable. There is an outstanding restaurant and cocktail terrace called DVOR about 10 minutes' walk away (heading away from Old Split, not towards it). You can walk right around the coastline via a beach path which weaves through lots of small beach cafes.

Unique experience
    • Special Offer - Deluxe Room with Sensual Spa Package

Superb hotel, combination of the old and new, excellent staff and wonderful food, extremely convenient location, only a few metres to the sea, or to the centre of the city.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

A wonderful hotel in a great location and fabulous staff.
    • Single Room - Disability Access

The menu, when you spend 7 days there, never alters and could be more flexible with choices and unless you pay for the Chef's Table (an extravagance neither of us would ever opt for) then you need to go to the Bar Menu, which was good but there was no middle choice. This is really nit picking as the service and everything else about the hotel is top notch.

Everything about this hotel is brilliant with the exception of one member of staff and a quiet word with Management altered that so we were otherwise bowled over with every other member of the hotel staff. The setting and convenience is second to none, we were upgraded at Christmas and I had a dual aspect corner room overlooking the beach. Food was 99% excellent only one meal spoiled our enjoyment and again a quiet word with management solved that too. Cannot recommend this hotel more highly than to say I would love to go back again, and probably will.

Not a 5 star experience a
    • Double Room with City View

Excellent service from staff but terrible service from waiters. At first nobody serve my girlfriend who join me later at the bar. The second and the worst we have a dinner for new years eve at grand park room. Our waiter was just horible, did not eve give me any advice i asked about the wine, did not pour the water which she has bring, did not manage to clean our table regularly. Wine was too cold for res wine and also not to good, but waitreas did not give me a chance to try the wine. She just pour it in to both of the cups. was slow and way under experience for 5 star hotel. Later in the evening it already went out of some food, specially octopus. This should not happen in 5 star hotel for 100€ dinner on the most important night of the year. It is totally unacceptable. So we leave the dinner before midnight. Luckily we have a great time at Split riva.

Staff and service

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Amazing, perfect and friendly staff.
    • Special Offer - Standard Double Room with City Break Package

Couldn't fault the place at all. Everything perfect.

The best hotel we have ever stayed in, in the world 😀So nice to spoil ourselves half way through our journey across Europe.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Visited on holiday from the UK.
    • Double Room with City View

Visited on holiday from the UK. Didn't know too much about the city before visiting and stayed on friends' recommendations. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. Hotel was in an excellent location and had great facilities. We would definitely stay again. Thank you!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

My favorite hotel in Split City Center
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Professional and friendly staff, confortable rooms, rich breakfast, excellent lobby bar... GREAT LOCATION, just few minutes walk from Riva and Dioclecan Palace but still in quite neighborhood with a lot of greenery around the hotel. Just a minute walk from the sea. Parking.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The buffet was a dream!
    • Double Room with City View

The pool lounge area could be larger

The buffet was a dream! The food good not have been more fresh! I was especially in love with the honey dripping from the honey combs!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Relaxing comfort
    • Double Room with City View

Very nice and relaxing terrace The breakfast is very well served The staff is very attentive and helpful to the guest as you would expect in a 5* hotel The room with a balcony overseeing the terrace 10 min walk to the old town part

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Excellent!
    • Double Room with City View

Excellent hotel! Great location, walking distance from the city centre and very close to the beach. Very helpful and professional staff. We had a a great time and will surely visit again!

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

This is NOT a 5 star hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with City View

My experience at the Park Hotel Park Split was an utter disappointment to say the least. This is NOT a 5 star hotel. They have zero customer service. They put greed over the health and safety of it’s guests.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

I stayed in this hotel for the first time and I must say I ...

I stayed in this hotel for the first time and I must say I was left speachless! The staff was friendly and always ready to help you. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean. Breakfast was excellent with a vaste selection of food and drinks such as ginger and orange shooters,fruit frappes, sparkling wine, local schnappes and you could also order warm dishes from the kitchen, such as eggs, pancakes, waffles. The terrace was full when I came, but they managed to combinate an extra table for me and I really appreciated it. As for the cocktails, you could choose the ingredients of your cocktail and that I found very interesting. I had a great time!

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Caviar, please.
    • Double Room with City View

Certain things were kind of crazy expensive. We had a small bag of laundry done and it cost us $150 USD. A bit insane, really. We also got salads by the pool that cost $25 USD each. Just be sure to ask before you add on extras like laundry. There is supposed to be a price list for laundry in each room. It was our honeymoon, so we let it slide.

We initially were going to stay at an AirBNB down the street, but had issues getting in touch with the owner. We only stopped by the hotel to ask to make a phone call and they were extremely helpful even when we weren't guests yet. We came back later that night because the A/C wasn't working in our AirBNB and booked for the following 3 nights! Great customer service goes a long way. The breakfast was the best I've had in a long time. Caviar on your eggs? Smoked salmon every morning? Lattes on demand? Yes, please.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Grand Indeed
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

The pool was a little small. Out suite was smaller than expected and the seaviews from our suite were not as unobstructed as we expected. Also the walk to the Palace area was difficult with children and we ended up taxiing each time after finding the walk to hard on the first day. The absence of more cheaper dining options onsite or next door made finding food with young children difficult for lunches and dinners.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel is very well appointed with lovely decor and fittings and it feels small and intimate.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

very comfortable beds
    • Double Room with City View

breakfast buffet selection could be bigger

very comfortable beds fresh cookies on the bedside table every day super friendly and helpful staff amazing hotel very close to the beach

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

Perfect for a short trip to Split
    • Double Room with City View

Food in main restaurant too sophisticated, not necessary strange renovation, material not suitable, but only a "eye-mismatch", in general fine.

one of BEST breakfast I ever had in my life Nice Ambiance Good for short trip, 5min. walk to centre Snacks and traditional food delicious Room elegant Some rooms has own seating-places, peaceful

Great location but not dirty
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

the hotel smelled like food and the carpet in the room was very stained

very helpful staff and great location

Friendly staff, clean, most luxurious in the neighborhood
    • Double Room with City View

Size of rooms were quite small, but then again no one can do anything about that

Friendly staff, clean, most luxurious in the neighborhood

Great service and staff.

Definitely expensive

Great service and staff.

Clean, smart hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with City View

Quite far from the Old Town, staff quite snooty, hotel could do with a refurb

Clean, smart hotel

Small clean Hotel with friendly staff
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

To many large lunch guests so noisy when you would like peace when sunbathing. Close to a busy road.

Clean, Nice staff, pool beds and parking

Excellent breakfast and hotel staff is very friendly and on...
    • Double Room with City View

Excellent breakfast and hotel staff is very friendly and on service.

Business trip

Business trip

Pleasant and good, I enjoyed my stay very much.

N.A.

The room was very spacious, luxurious and the breakfast was of a high standard.

The breakfast was excellent, as well as location

The room was small

The breakfast was excellent, as well as location

wonderful

wonderful

Great experience
    • Double Room with City View

Excellent service, extra comfortablr bed, clean room. Perfectly managed property!

very nice boutique hotel.

very nice boutique hotel.

Great small hotel

All good

Great hotel

Gym needs to be bigger

Gym

Gym needs to be bigger

Alles was perfect in orde!

Alles was perfect in orde! Ook een extra punt voor de food & beverage manager

Perfect location!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Perfect location! Good service, excellent stuff, near to the city center

Very clean, staff were attentive, nice rooms, great...

Breakfast options were limited

Very clean, staff were attentive, nice rooms, great concierge.

Good location,
    • Deluxe Room with Sea View

Staff not very friendly

Good location,

Excellent breakfast in a beautiful sunny dining room .
    • Standard Double Room with Sea View

Expensive but very high quality.

Excellent breakfast in a beautiful sunny dining room . A very warm, quiet and inviting hotel in a great location

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Bed and facilities were greatj

Bed and facilities were greatj

Staff couldn't have been more kind.
    • Double Room with City View

Staff couldn't have been more kind. Lovely hotel.

View was exelent.

View was exelent.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

All of them working in hotel ware very polite and obliging.

All of them working in hotel ware very polite and obliging. Very clean hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Greetings from Vienna

General manager Jose is great !

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Nice location, staff and excellent food
    • Double Room with City View

Restaurant prices too high - yes, it's excellent food and prime ingredients but still too high...

Nice location, staff and excellent food

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Overpriced and underwhelming
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Very busy. Very impersonal and very overpriced

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Short but sweet...
    • Single Room - Disability Access

Hotel is perfect. Love the location, room and the staff was friendly and professional.

Restaurant and pool area

Restaurant and pool area

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Recommended at all

Clean rooms, delicious breakfast and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

lap of luxury
    • Superior Double or Twin Room with City View

Expensive with a small pool area

Great location top of the line luxury amenities

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

relaxing stay

Overall everything

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Superior Double or Twin Room with Sea View

The location is beautiful, hotel staff very friendly and the room very comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2016

This truly is a 5star hotel.

Staff are charming, furnishings and facilities first class and catering very good. The location is also excellent, just a short walk to the old city and town center.

This truly is a 5star hotel. We found everything to be excellent - so much so we booked for a second stay! For the quality of facilities it is also good value for money.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2016

Being upgraded to top suite with great balcony and sea views...

Not really 5 star other than over-elaborate dining room. 15 minutes' walk into the centre of Split. Only beach is public. Final bill of around £400/night was way out of kilter with rest of Split prices.

Being upgraded to top suite with great balcony and sea views for the last two of seven days after toilet flush failed in our previous room. Great views but who would pay the £800+ rack rate for this room Food mostly good as was service. Changing to a Brasserie would improve usage. On three nights there were less than 10 people in the restaurant and that included the pianist !

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

Everything was very very good.

The cocktails at the bar are not good. Took a mojito and kaipirinia, they were made with alchool and syrop.

Everything was very very good. I loved this place.

• Reviewed: 29 February 2016

I stayed with friends and had the most relaxing time.

I stayed with friends and had the most relaxing time. The renovation of Hotel is at high level and rooms are designed to satisfy every guest need. Especially if you are staying little longer. Food at breakfast also offers variety of choices, for example gluten free food, which is a must for me. With typical spring weather we did spend a bit more time at the Hotel, the spa and chating with staff.It was a really pleasant time Definitely coming back as always!

• Reviewed: 20 February 2016

Beautifull, recently completely refurbished hotel.

Beautifull, recently completely refurbished hotel. Really 5 star hotel, excellent staff, comfortable rooms and great view. Definitely, my choice to stay at Split.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

Very nice breakfast, very comfortable and clean room, they...

The TV has no sports channels so I could not watch Champions leagues game, the piano in the bar was very nice, but I just wanted to watch football

Very nice breakfast, very comfortable and clean room, they have a piano playing in the bar in the evening, very relaxing atmosphere

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Location, hotel design, free upgrade to room with sea view.

Lunch in the hotel restaurant. The fact that hotel guests have to pay extra for the use of spa, which was not stated on booking.com site when I made reservation.

Location, hotel design, free upgrade to room with sea view.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

We really loved our stay here.

We had booked a weekend package and felt it wasn't really explained to us what was happening. Part of the package was champagne breakfast in our room. No one mentioned it to us when we checked in and were told where to go for breakfast in the morning. We just ate downstairs instead . My husband did ask at reception but the response was vague like " just ring when you want it" we didn't know what we could choose from.. Part of our deal was Croatian tickets to the theatre. We weren't offered this nor was it mentioned. Although we enjoyed our stay, the perks of the weekend package wasn't fulfilled.

We really loved our stay here. Beautiful room and very quiet. The staff were brilliant and very attentive. We ate in the restaurant and the food was very nice. The sea bass in particular was the best I have had. It was very quiet, we were the only ones at breakfast both morning which had an excellent spread. They even made me fresh gluten free bread which was again th best I've had. Great service.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

The restaurant was excellent.

I did not get the room I booked. It had only one bed instead of two. The hotel did not change our room no matter what we tried. Sleeping on a cot for $300 a night is not worth it.

The restaurant was excellent. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

The staff was extraordinarily helpful in this, the oldest...

The staff was extraordinarily helpful in this, the oldest hotel in Split. The room service was available 24 hours and the common areas accessible during this time. The staff made numerous inquiries and calls regarding my desire to travel from Split to Venice and acted more effectively than travel agents.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2015

really frendly staff and helpful, nice area, quiet,...

Normally 5 star hotel has an excellent service, when we arrived at noon they didn't give us a room, but the hotel wasn't full, their answer that our room isn't ready at breakfast sometimes service is little bit slow but very friendly Pool is to small and to near at people who sitting their to have lunch

really frendly staff and helpful, nice area, quiet, comfortable rooms There is a small beach nearby and great restaurants and cafes To Split city by walk only 5 minutes I'd like this hotel so much and we staid 2 times there

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

I said I would come back!

I said I would come back! Had delicious breakfast with a beautiful view. Their transfer service was organized in an instant. Overall, really nice experience once again.

There are also 49 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.