Reviews of Sheraton Zagreb Hotel 5 stars

Kneza Borne 2, Donji Grad, 10000 Zagreb, Croatia

#56 of 92 hotels in Zagreb

• Deluxe Room

The breakfast room service was not at the same level, as the rest of the hotel performance.

Mainly the sympathy, and welcome attitude from the front welcome desk. Specially the continuous support to solve some guest's problems.

• Deluxe Room

Staff need a leason in Hospitality, house staff need I leason in cleaning. We stayed 3 nighties, cups in room NOT CLEANED OR REPLACED the whole time, TOILET NOT CLEANED THE WHOLE TIME. FLOOR not vacuumed the whole time. BAR staff showed no interest in their work.

good entry foyer.. good size rooms. Conveniently situated.

• Deluxe Room

Great facilities, large pool, wellness center includes sauna and steam room, great indoor and outdoor private lounge area. The largest gym I’ve seen in any hotel! Great staff and overall positive experience. Short 10 ‘min walk to main square and a number of restaurants, bars and historical sites. Friendly people who go out of there way to make you feel welcomed.

• Deluxe Room

This is excellent hotel for visit in Zagreb! Great staff, marvelous breakfast, spacious rooms, clean rooms, amazing atmosphere. We were upgraded to Executive room and got the room on floor 6. An amazing experience.

• Deluxe Room

Being charged parking and city tax fee. It's not fair for the hotel to charge the parking fee for guests staying. City tax is ridiculous but is bearable.

Not far from the city centre

• Deluxe Room

No English entertainment channels on the TV. Only News. The pay TV is too expensive. For 1 movie you had to pay €12.

The location & breakfast is good.

• Deluxe Room

Gym small, poorly ventilated, crowded. The same with the spa. One of the Concierges very friendly ( tall one), the other(blonde one) aggressive and not very helpfull

Location, lobby

• Deluxe Room

Breakfast was limited and the same each day. If you are on a healthy diet there was not much to choose from. Not much salads. Cucumber did not look freshly prepared. Pineapple was off. I would not rate this hotel a 5star. My rating would be 3.6. For a 5 star I would expect a more luxurious hotel.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great service.

• Deluxe Room

room light is not bright enough. the kettle with strong shower gel smell,after change another one from house keeping,still have that smell,the water also have this smell after boiled,can‘t drink... staff mostly not in good smile the expensive price not include breakfast. no tooth brushes provide

large room in old traditional design,but new design bathroom, 15 to 20mins walk from bus terminal to hotel and 15 to 20mins walk to Jelačića Square  with money exchange shop at the opposite street just 1 mins walk to tram station quite good location

• Deluxe Room

i stay in two non-consecutive nights, Only one reception in good smile. The Kettle also with a strong shower gel smell for our two non-consecutive nights,after the house keeping change another one for me,still have his smell,the problem is the water also have this smell after boiling...... The Room is quite dark,except the bathroom.

it‘s around 20mins walk from bus station to hotel.and 15mins walk from hotel to Jelačić Square.And just 1min walk to tram station. the room is large and the bathroom look very new. house keeping is fast respond when need help.

• Deluxe Room

Was very warm in the room and window cannot be opened. Once we sorted out the heating system and turned to cold, the fan was enough to provide some circulation.

Great breakfast, comfortable hotel.

• Deluxe Room

International breakfast was really good. Beds are out of the world really comfy. Gym area was good enough machines for everyone. 15 min to city center...

• Deluxe Room

The bar staff kept hiding 'out the back'

Great rooms, public areas and facilities. Reception staff were extremely helpful breakfast was very good as well as room service dinner.

• Deluxe Room

150 euro deposit for 2 nights?We booked 2 rooms for 4 persons.There was no sleppers in the first room.An another room we have not bathrobes.

fitness,breakfast,spa area.

• Deluxe Room

The wellness centre is a little uninviting. I didn't want to walk in as there wasn't proper signage of who could enter and what I would be entering. I booked the Sheraton for the facilities but I didn't end up using any. Also, while the room was lovely, there was no proper lighting and so I struggled getting ready during the day and in the evening. Only lighting was in the bathroom and with lamps.

The location was fantastic, especially for advent in Zagreb. The staff at the reception area were lovely and very helpful. The hotels lobby and entrance are just beautiful. The little welcome bottles of water are a great touch!

• Deluxe Room

The rooms were disappointing in comparison to the "public" areas (lobby). Most reception staff, spa personnel and all lobby bar staff was rude and unfriendly. Overall a bit overpriced in terms of value for money and did not live up to our expectations

Lobby is beautiful, gym is very well equipped. Food was good, although overpriced. Housekeeping and concierge staff are very friendly and helpful; manager was also very kind after I complained about my experience

• Deluxe Room

In a hotel with this rating they could have valet parking. Instead you have to park your car in a garage with vey very narrow parking lots. Salat we ordered in room, was not o a level it should be.

Good location, friendly staff.

• Deluxe Room

The furniture and so on is a little outdated and the bathroom was rather small, also they charge a security deposit for the rooms

Nice, clean, big and comfortable beds

• Deluxe Room

Breakfast is not included in already expensive price. In the end they charged extra for something beside city tax and I could not understand what and why...

• Deluxe Room

Nothing special, it's all visual imperfections but need to be fixed if the Sheraton want to preserve his name of luxurious hotel ( holes in the towels, bad silicon sealing in the bathroom , dirty dishes in the hole-ways ...... )

The bed is excellent, it's invite you to stay in it, the whole day. :-) Air conditioning is perfect, always warm enough, even that outside was below zero. Swimming pool water temperature ideal for relax swimming. Gym and sauna , recommended choice to steam out all the daily stress from the body.

• Deluxe Room

The room was clean but a bit old and there are some things like hangers in the bathroom to be repaired. Parking was not possible at all, only high-priced garage was available. The staff were friendly. Breakfast was not included in 5-star hotel but had to be additionally paid 15 euros. I would say that the hotel deserves 4 stars and the prices are way too high.

Beds really are comfy, the place is quite close to the center which makes it great for tourists.

• Classic Suite

Front desk and room service staff pretty rude and not really helpful. There was not a smile amongst them for the 3 nights we were staying there. We were getting married on the day we were there and I ask them to secure for us a table or an area for the guests for 20 min in the bar before we leave and they didn't want to do this either. They all acted like they were doing us a favour and not like we were paying a lot of money to stay there. There were spider webs in the window. Tv Chanells were very bad, all the good ones were not available even though the same Shane's are available anywhere else in Croatia with basic cable. Extremely expensive for what they offer and for the country they are in. I suggest to stay anywhere else in Zagreb and you will save tons of money and get amazing service.

Food was ok even though super expensive, cleaning staff was very nice and only friendly faces in the hotel. Bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Room

I was sorry to having to return home.

I ordered breakfast im my Room and specifically was curious about Soft boiled eggs which I eat at home every second day or when travelling. I selected 3 minutes soft boiled. I received the most perfectly boiled eggs where the jolk was sitting on the egg white. After having eaten in the dining room a delicous lunch and had coffee served by smiling Dragica and slept in the most comfortable bed with linen Soft as kashmere, I had to apply the soft egg test. Seldom in my travels I had such an experience!!!

• Deluxe Room

200 euros deposit asked in advance for eventual room breaks and credit card preauthorisation upon arrival. No baby bed on request.

Hotel, location, lobby bar

• Deluxe Room

i do like the location of Sheraton in Zagreb and the comfort inside.Only thing not good this time was the pillows.Also i could suggest them to use something more fancy for shampoo and douche bad.Le Occitan for example,nice and bio.

• Deluxe Room

Hotel didn’t replace soap during 3 day stay even though it was virtually all gone on final day. Room was cleaned to minimum standard.

Location and facilities

• Deluxe Room

Although the hotel's homepage says it is pet friendly, when we checked in, I was told they took only cats and small dogs. Meanwhile, I had just driven 600 Km. with "Big Dog," so I insisted they give us the room we had booked. BD behaved perfectly, and we got an upgrade!!!

We included breakfast in our reservation, and had it served in the room, as our dog was not allowed in the dining room, but what could be better than a GREAT breakfast in the privacy of our room?

• Deluxe Room

Before I started my journey from my country I was training to book in this hotel but unfortunately I couldn't succeeded, due I know the stander of Sheraton hotel. But finally I managed to get one night only so I have cancelled the other hotel I was booked in. The shining smile and the friendly way of Ms.LANA In the recipient make me and my wife feel that we are at home , she was wonderful staff even though she was trainee. Every thing was nice , from the hotel location,breakfast, room service.

• Deluxe Room

Staff completely clueless to basic hospitality services. Room service didn't deliver what was ordered, restaurants closed before schedule and the staff was completely both unfriendly amd unhelpful. Manager was equally rude and unhelpful. Unworthy of the Sheraton name !

• Executive Room

The view from the room The swimming pool area and spa was very dirty - we both fell ill after visiting the swimming pool, steam room, and sauna The changing rooms in spa were very dirty Very outdated hotel

The breakfast was nice We received a free upgrade

• Deluxe Room

If they could offer us peaches in the breakfast as ripe and sweet as those sold in the super market, it would have been perfect.

The hotel was willing to take in our baggage one day prior to our arrival.

• Deluxe Room

Great location. Breakfast was really good lots to choose from and they were in no rush to get you out - we stayed until way past the end time drinking coffee. Walking distance to the old town centre. Tram on your doorstep. Supermarkets really close by. Staff were all friendly and helpful. We asked for extra pillows and they were delivered in 5 minutes.

• Executive Room

The pool is so dark and the gym operating the pool is hiring untrained and impolite staff, the gym or spa is controlling the space. It feels like a pool of a healthcare facility more than a hotel swimming pool. It is way below each Sheraton "Pool" i have been to before

Room is amazing, breakfast is amazing, check in and out, free internet

• Deluxe Room

The room smelled a little musty/smoky although it was a non-smoking room. It was more like a 4 star hotel. The swimming pool/spa facilities were very busy with non-guest members and not a relaxing place to be. There were only a handful of loungers in a small room with a sauna and steam room. There is also a "no-swimwear" rule in the mixed male and female sauna and steam room which was a surprise!

Good location and lovely staff. The main lobby and bar were inviting and what you would expect to find in a 5 star hotel. We were upgraded to a suite on arrival.

• Deluxe Room

I got a very bad room, they told me that I've been upgraded to a bigger one but after two weeks I stayed in the same hotel and realised that the one they gave me before is old

Lobby

Nothing at all :)

The receptionist, Huzjan Hrvoje, was incredibly welcoming and lovely, and definitely looked after us well during our stay! He even gave us a free upgrade to a much nicer hotel room which made our stay even more incredible! The swimming pool at the Sheraton was beautiful, and it also had a Sauna. The in-room dining was also really quick and the food was delicious!

• Deluxe Room

They were many problems with the room...despite the fact that it was a suite! The key to get in the room did not work, the shower did not work!!

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast very good!

• Deluxe Room

Breakfast is a little over priced for those who don't have huge appetites.

Food in restaurant excellent. Optional breakfast good but pricey. Beds really comfortable and pillows good. Rooms a good size. Blackout curtains ensure you can enjoy a good lay in if needed. Wet room style shower very spacious. Restaurant waiter very helpful. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the old town centre, cathedral and market. Zagreb is a hidden jewel and well worth a visit.

• Deluxe Room

almost everything I was shocked that this was a chain of Sheraton.. shame!!... very old interior, staff was rude, room service was not a 5 star service; they only prepared the bed and cleaned the washroom; I used tea mug and milk after we came back from our morning trip it was kept as it is...even the baby powder milk on the table was not cleaned!! I had to call room service two days in a row to change the mug then I used to wash it myself. I called room service at 5:30 am to request for a bottle of water to prepare my baby milk they said they don't have someone to bring it to the room and I was asked to use the tub water!!

Some of the staff helped with identifying nice places. like a restaurant named Sofra, their food was amazing we asked the chef to serve us four different meals and his choice was amazing.

Everything was great!

The hotel is really high class. Good staff, great interior and in the room you have everything that you need in your trip. Bed is really comfortable. Nevertheless hotel is not in the touristical centre of the city, but it well connected with tram or you just can walk a little bit. Zagreb is really beautiful city, you need to walk to feel the cozy atmosphere of it. From the hotel it is really convenient to get to bus and train stations.

• Deluxe Room

The lady whom I spoke to on the desk, didn't really want to speak to me and when I said I was paying with cash seemed even more annoyed with me, very rude, the hotel is almost perfect minus the lady who happened to serve me

the cocktails were incredible, the room was very modern and very clean, really lovely place

• Deluxe Room

Pillows could have been a bit firmer. The hotel is a little dated so could do with a refurbishment.

Overall a good hotel with friendly and helpful staff. The room was spacious and clean. Bed was comfortable. Our room rate included breakfast which had a good selection.

• Deluxe Room

Cleaning service was a bit irregular. Most hotels I find rooms are done by 1pm and both days I returned at 1:30 and 2pm room hadn't been cleaned. Not a problem as I could reschedule cleaning when I was out but a bit odd for 5 star hotel?

Really good breakfast. Staff were nice, patient and professional.

• Deluxe Room

Terrible wifi in the room, ancient speed (something like 300kbps) and never stays connected for longer than 1 minute.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Great location.

• Deluxe Room

Location in old town made it easy to walk around the local area which has lots of interesting architecture and great side street restaurants and pubs.

• Deluxe Room

the hotel has some hidden costs. They take me except the rooms payments 1200 Kuna for the room guaranty and this money will be in my credit card back after 5 days. This is not good hotel management.

• Deluxe Room

While it's 5* hotel they doesn't provide valet parking. Underground parking available at extra cost (15 euro per night if I'm not mistaken).

• Executive Room

The hotel has a gym that is open to the public as well as hotel guests. Most of the equipment in the gym is dated and uses air pressure technology instead of conventional weights. Some of these machines are fine to use, but about a third are clunky and another third are simply broken. You will need to depend on free weights if you want to get any results from your workout at this gym. Keep in mind that the center part of Zagreb is certainly not as live as in the more tourist parts of Croatia. Most shops close by 8PM, save a few restaurants and bars.

The Sheraton is in the heart of the Centrum of town, so it is within walking distance of museums, the international train station, the central park and other main attractions. This part of the city is both easily walkable and well connected to the tram system, which makes it super easy to get around town. However, it seemed that about 90% of the guests in this particular hotel would simply hop on a tour bus at 8AM and just disappear. If you are with a tour group, hotel breakfast is likely included in the hotel price. If it is not, I strongly recommend availing of the 6-euro discount offered on the buffet breakfast at check-in (16 Euro versus 22). This is because there are very few options for food withing walking distance of the hotel. Service of the staff was excellent and very helpful! I recommend stopping by the piano bar one evening after your day out, it has a wonderful atmosphere. The business office section is helpful if you need to print out a document or two. There is a rental car office inside the hotel, so if you have the urge to drive to Slovenia for a day (highly recommended!), the cost of renting a car is quite reasonable. Apart from the age of the gym equipment, there isn't anything bad to say!

• Deluxe Room

Although the location is about a 15 min walk to the town centre it was a bit far for our 3 year old to walk and there wasnt a tram that went directly there.

The Room was neat and clean and very spacious as it accommodated an extra bed for one of our children and still had lots of room to move. The staff were very nice and the range of food for breakfast awesome.

• Deluxe Room

Breakfast is not up to the standard of a 5 star hotel. Poor selection and not enough fresh or made to order options.

Nice quiet hotel, 10 minutes away from all the action in Zagreb.

no great dislikes

The bed was really good. Staff impersonal. The Concierge desk never manned and if by chance there was someone, it would be an intern. The location was good and central and hence would recommend the place. There was ample to eat at breakfast if you are a morning person.

• Deluxe Room

WiFi hardly worked. Rooms are not very well soundproofed; was given a connecting room and could hear neighbors' talking until midnight, could literally understand the conversation and at 5am I got woken up by people's voices outside the hallway.

Clean room and good location

• Deluxe Room

Bed was not comfortable. Hotel was very nice, but the rooms were not as nice as I had expected for the price.

Great location, friendly staff. Nice breakfast buffet.

• Deluxe Room

Came back at the hotel room around midnight and door lock did't work, we couldn't enter the room what was not a big deal, this things happens sometime. Went down to reception area were we meet a staff who at the beginning concluded that we do not know how to use the cards and their "high tech" door. The missis at the reception arrogantly and with a high asking for our ID, doing something else while we're bothering her to reset the door cards. After I have commented on her behaviour, we go back to the third floor and we were not able to open the room door once again.Then we phoned up the reception form the alleyway and colleague showed up with new cards who tries to open the door...but of course he does not succeed. Finally he decides to call up for janitor ,who appears to be the only capable and reasonable person in the night shift.Strait away janitor offers the apology and let us into our room in a few seconds. The overall impression of the staff definitely corrects the young man who made check-in on Friday afternoon and check-out on Saturday morning ... but all in all, the worned out Sheraton along with the staff is not worth the money.

Location is just great as the Hotel is situated in the hearth of Zagreb. Once you park your car (either street parking or garage near by) you can easily walk around the city center and get anywhere in 15 min.

• Deluxe Room

The wi-fi needs to be faster...also did not connect at times

Excellent staff...very helpful and accomodating...Madj at the reception was particularly helpful

• Deluxe Room

The ladies at the reception desk didn't look very motivated or customer friendly. they hardly said anything and it seemed to be they were happy to see me leave.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Executive Room

- View from windows at 6th floor. - Hotel is a little bit old or maybe it has old style. I personally prefer modern design. - There was a problem with wifi during my stay, but maybe it was just a bad luck.

- Quite nice hotel, close to the city center. - Staff is very friendly. - I got free upgrade to Suit, very big suit with shower, bath and ... Infrared sauna !

• Deluxe Room

Well..I could say the room (except for the bathroom that looked new) looked tired... we had only one set of bathrobe and slippers, which was ok as my partner didn't need it, but still...when I asked for extra pillow (pillows not very good) I had to listen for a while receptions why that might not happen? Funny-cause we got the pillows in the end... reception staff needs some training to meet the standard of a 5* hotel. Turndown service - not even worth mentioning. Apart from that delicious chocolate... Sheraton is an okay-ish hotel. But again, what makes or brakes any hotel are the people who work there. On this occasion, they certainty didn't 'make it'.

We liked the location and the hotel spa, we both had a great massage by a kind lady who works at Murad, staff there very welcoming, especially compared to the rest of the hotel staff.Bed, although looked tired, was quite comfy.Central hotel, but quite during the night.

• Deluxe Room

The room was somewhat small for three persons.

I was delighted and surpised with a birthday-cake delivered from the management to the room on my birthday. Excellent!!

• Executive Room

No second door in room on top floor leading to noise in room from passing guests Room somewhat lacking in distinguishing features

Very good location Good beds and linen Good view of city from top floor Good noise insulation from street on top floor

• Deluxe Room

I never seen such a disgusting pool with stinking muddy water in any hotel. For the gym I have almost no words old and broken machines, the disinfection to clean the machines was just water with a little bit chloride and no one used it. The personal In the gym didn't care about more costumers. In the bathroom in the room was just for one person cleaning articles. The air conditioner was low even on full speed and cooling and yje rooms are very small.The breakfast was nothing special dry chees and sausages because was uncovered, the baked beans where still hard and cold even they where in a chaving dish.

The reception was very friendly, helpful and the only positive and that's really sad to say.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

• Deluxe Room

Cost of breakfast quoted as a discounted price but charged full price!!!!

Spacious room. Comfortable Bistro. Fine dining. Car Park security. Plentiful breakfast. Close to city centre walking.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

the hotel is used by chinees tourist which overload the breakfast every day... you feel like you are in a sports cantina..

it is a great hotel in the city centre

• Deluxe Room

I have booked a room for two people including breakfast. Also it was specifically mentioned that we would pay on site. Meanwhile the hotel charged to the bank account directly since 5 days before, and no breakfast was included. We had to pay more about 25 Euro per person for breakfast. Also we paid about 35 euro for the parking, which was supposed to be free!!!

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

This should be a 4-star hotel at most. The room I got was a bit outdated. Bathroom and bathtub were too small. A window in my room (5th floor) was facing neighbor's window across the street = no privacy at all. The personnel at hotel reception were uptight and non-friendly. Seem like they're taking too serious the role of being an employee of 'luxury hotel brand'. I also hated the hotel politics of pre-authorisation of a credit card during check in process, to 150% value of total expenses - despite the fact they already had authorized my credit card during reservation process on Booking.com. The explanation was - this is because of possible extra expenses during my stay. In other words - they were probably afraid I might run away and left the mini-bar empty :D Shame on you Sheraton, you are prejudiced against your guests. Besides, they're charging 30 euro for a single person breakfast - this is the price range the one can have a dinner in some of best Zagreb's restaurants or even a dinner for two in the decent restaurants! There are so much better hotels in Zagreb for the same or lower price range!

Nothing special. Everything was average.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Deluxe Room

left sheraton zagreb I pay all . arrival Egypt cairo home .next day sheraton zagreb deduct 59 kh (kona)from my visa card.i receive massaged from visa.i am angry .why deduct this amount after I pay all before leaving sheraton zagreb.i want to now why this deducted. thanks

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Deluxe Room

Outdated interior and bathroom not free of calcium build up. The location is central, but it's not a nice neighbourhood even though most of the proper hotels are in this area

The room and bed were clean

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Hotel was excelent from the service upon entering the hotel until check out. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. It's only 10 minutes walk to the centre.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Spa and swiming pool were closed on the Christmas day. Staff was not very kind, even when we've put "do not disturb" sign on our door they were still knocking and once they've entered without even knocking. We had a lot of problems with payment beforehand which never happened before.

We got Christmas cake to our room on Christmas morning. Room service was very quick and the food was delicious.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

The rooms are absolutely too small,don't even want to start with the bathroom.The staff is very nice but was understaffed during breakfast time,there was only one person there.Juice mixed with water is absolutely not acceptable,I complained and got acctual natural juice but thing that bothered me the most is the fact I heared the staff say they can't do that for everyone because they will get in trouble.There's no point investing so much money in the interior and then serve your guests bellow average coffe and juice.

Great location,staff is really nice and the hotel lobby is beautiful.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

Nice rooms but very few space as wardrobe.

Fantastic Hotel, comfortable beds, less than 10minutes walking from center town. Nice SPA, Gym and Swimming Pool

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Deluxe Room

there was only one tea / coffee station in the breakfast room not enough for the amount of people there other than that it was great

the breakfast was very good and plenty of choice the reception staff were great they gave plenty of information about what to see and how to get there

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Deluxe Room

The staff at the front desk were very unfriendly. I felt like I was an inconvenience to them. Same when I asked the concierge for directions. I would not go back to this location.

Location was great and the hotel itself was great

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Executive Room

Very dated room, needs prompt redecorating, Side of the room size (executive room), I would give it a 3 star rating. I expected more for the room price. Parking garage was overpriced as well. Bathroom was very old as well and not maintained to the level of a 5 star hotel.

Mattress was superb, hotel is near the city center. Had a superb dinner in the hotel's Kralj Tomislav restaurant.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Deluxe Room

Breakfast is not included to the room rate. The reception lady was rude in checkin also at the checkout was another rude lady !! Old furniture الاستقبال لم يكن لبق في التعامل ( عنصري ) الاثاث قديم جداً جداً

Cleanness