Reviews of Hotel Splendid 3 stars

Masarykov put 6, Lapad, 20 000 Dubrovnik, Croatia

#48 of 53 hotels in Dubrovnik

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Areas that need improvement but overall great stay and offers good value for money
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

Whilst I found the rooms perfectly acceptable I definitely think the bathrooms could do with an upgrade. The fixtures are all fine but noticed mould on ceilings so could do with a lick of paint. Would really have liked a kettle in the room for tea / coffee. Room service was available but I would have liked to have been able to make hot drink in room. Noticed there was bags of rubbish on the beach which were there for few days other than that pleasant area though would have been better if sun beds were provided free of charge to guests.

The hotel is in a great location with the number 4 bus into the old town stopping very close to hotel and running every 15 minutes. The views are stunning and so nice to sit outside at breakfast looking out to sea. I find the rooms perfectly acceptable though I have heard people complain.about the decor it wasn't an issue to me. Bed and pillow I found very comfortable and extra pillows and blankets available in wardrobe.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Great location and view spoilt by badly maintained property
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

The bathroom was poor, badly maintained and not clean

The location. What a pity the wonderful view was spoilt by the lack of care in upkeep of the rooms. Some photos of our bathroom will give you an idea, with bad repairs and lack of cleanliness. The food was good.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

The breakfast was good , and view from room was good.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

Booking.com advising a different room, to what we actually got , our room was double room with sea view, but the room didn’t resemble the room Booking.com advising with pictures for a double room with sea view ,the room we stayed in looked tired and old , I showed the receptionist the picture in booking..com , he said sorry there are no other rooms available, the bed was very low to the floor, the door lock leading on to balcony the screws where loose to the degree could full out,the shower cubicle was so small and restricted husband had trouble washing /moving around , was told by head receptionist that unable to offer any discount as already taken from credit card and to discuss with booking.com, only booked for one night and arrived by abut 21:30 , If I had booked to stay for any longer would have definitely canceled the booking and looked elsewhere to stay, went to restaurant there was one person clearing up tables , my husband and I where the only people other than one other couple, no assistance offered we waited for a waiter, asked where we could sit as no made up tables with cutlery etc , when we asked where we could we sit he answered in a rude way “ anywhere” never experienced that, to tired and no where close by to have dinner, so ordered our dinner which was basic, a basket of stale dry bread was given after eating some asked to change it ,I said to the waiter it’s stale can you change it , he said sorry don’t have anymore. Paid £125,for 1 night, small room , poor value for money.

The breakfast was good , and view from room was good.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Attitudes overcame slight drabness
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

This hotel seems to be organised around bus tours, so the food is not far ahead of a motorway service station. In general the rooms need just a little help, particularly the bathrooms.

The staff were genuinely helpful and helped me to have a day in the sun before my flight, organising transport. It was a little odd to be told that I needed to wear a shirt to buy an ice cream at the outside bar, but in general everything was very relaxed. The views of the sunset are Homerian. In general, the atmosphere overcame the slightly outdated feel of the facilities.

Very good!
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

The hotel has no lift and some sort of disabled access would have been great. I was travelling with my mother who has trouble going up and down the stairs. Thankfully they gave us a room on the ground floor and we managed. But some disabled access would be good too.

Location was brilliant! We had asked for a room on the ground floor, and it still had great views from the balcony (overlooking the sea). The private beach was lovely and it'll take you about two minutes to walk from the lobby down to the beach. The beach is pebble-y and stone-y, so bring some beach shoes. The water is super clear! The bus stop is right opposite the entrance but there are some 60 steps leading up to the road where the bus stop is located. From the hotel, the old town is about 15 minutes by bus (the bus comes every 15 minutes). The bus will cost you about 15 kunas/person (ticket will be valid for one hour). You can also take an Uber which is about 30-40 kunas from the old town depending upon traffic. The food at Glorijet restaurant was average, but the breakfast was good.

The view from our room/balcony was to die for.
    • Triple Room with Balcony and Sea View

Bed was uncomfortable, room was tiny, and everything was outdated.

The view from our room/balcony was to die for. The staff treated us like family and were one of the best things about our stay. Breakfast and dinner at the hotel was fabulous.

I would recommend it. I would stay there again.
    • Standard Double Room with Balcony

It would be nice if more information available in the rooms regarding ""what to see and do" in the local area.. We had only a few days so time was very limited. I'd love to see a readymade homemade Fruit Salad available for Breakfast with everything in it. It's a longish walk up a hill for anyone less mobile.

No pool BUT their own Private Beach right beside the Hotel is nice. It's less stony than most but would still recommend u buy Swim Shoes - availabke on town. The choice of many Terraces (in or out of shade) for eating, drinking makes it very comfortable Most staff were very friendly and helpful It's lovely and quiet cos away from the main area. A good range of choices for Breakfast. Didn't try Dinner..

Great location, ice is expensive
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

The hotel is located on the beach, this was the selling point when choosing a hotel in this location. When we went down to the beach we were told to pay to use the loungers (150 Kuna for 2) even though we were guests at the hotel (!) They also charge for ice (40 Kuna) and a room service fee for delivering the ice to your room (?). Walls are really thin, I could have a conversation with friends in the next room when standing in the bathroom. Hairdryer didn't work well at all (Old school hose type stuck in the bathroom).

Beautiful location, breakfast was good for European standards. Coffee was good. Staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Mediocre
    • Triple Room with Balcony and Sea View

The food is horrible with a very low quality, it is very old and not very clean. Does not have elevator so you have to take your big bags 3 floors up and no body help will help you. It is expensive for what it is

Overpriced and dated hotel
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

The hotel has seen better days. There is no elevator. The AC in my room was not adequate. The wifi constantly was going in and out. My room had small ants. Despite a noticeable need to sweep/vacuum that wasn't done. I hung up my bath towel as instructions in the bathroom said if I didn't want it washed to help the environment. Instead it was just taken and not replaced. The hotel is very expensive for what you get.

The view was great. The hotel was close to a bus stop direct to the old town. Parking was free but sometimes filled up with people paying just to go to the beach or restaurant.

Great location but the hotel needs to be completely renovated together with the restaurant!
    • Limited Offer - Double Room with Sea View and Balcony - Half Board Included

I had food infection eating dinner which ruined my stay.The dinner was the same,not tasty,not even once in two weeks they served fresh fish/seafood(they served canned sardine as salad for dinner) etc.

The location, the beach, the bed and the fact that the hotel although old was clean.

Retro glam
    • Limited Offer - Double Room with Sea View and Balcony - Half Board Included

The laundry trolley blocking the fire escape. The shower curtain with yellow stains at the bottom and vegetables coocked the same way for a whole week.

Location is everything! We stayed on the ground level which was great for my knees. The swimming area was great and so the hotel staff. The room was cleaned every day and had great comfy beds! Also fab sunsets!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

This hotel has a perfect location, breathtaking view from...
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

the breakfast could be a little more tasty, the coffee especially! the rest was perfect!

This hotel has a perfect location, breathtaking view from the balcony! Really nice and attentive to details personal, we really enjoyed the whole service!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

We started our first night where our reservations did not...
    • Triple Room with Balcony and Sea View

We started our first night where our reservations did not show in the hotel roster. While checking in, the staff at the desk worked very hard to see what was the problem and how to remedy the situation. Each member of their staff was absolutely awesome helping us in getting the accommodations needed. I so appreciated them to make it right. The rooms were clean and the mattress was comfortable. The hotel's restaurant was excellent; breakfast would change a bit every day. Dinner by the ocean was awesome with an excellent service. We visit the old city and there was an easy way to get there from the hotel via bus, The efforts of each staff member despite of how busy the hotel was, it is to be commended and I do highly recommend the hotel and I and my family would stay there again.

Lovely garden hotel with great views

The food in the main restaurant was not up to standard, unlike the food in the beach bar and restaurant which was good. We had half board but chose to eat elsewhere in the evening.

The concrete platform next to the sea doesn't sound pleasant but was great for sun bathing and ladders like a swimming pool into the sea, so fantastic for swimming and jumping / diving into the sea. There was a small beach area too, but beaches are mainly stoney with gritty sand in that area.

it is very clean, and they were friendly with kids and...
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

we had a sea view room but it was barely possible to see the view, although the garden is nice. The restaurant was heavily understaffed and the food is very basic. the beach platform is ok but not a real beach. however, the real beach is near by and you can easily walk there. That said they were very friendly with kids.

it is very clean, and they were friendly with kids and information about the area. its just needs a renovation

A comfortable and pleasant stay - our second apartment was certainly an improvement
    • Standard Double Room with Balcony

We requested a room with a balcony but this iniitally had no view of the sea. We were particularly keen to have this as a honeymoon couple. They quickly switched this for us though.

We only ate breakfast here and that was a pleasant buffet. Staff were very helpful and efficient especially when we wanted to switch rooms.

Very disappointed and I shall not recommend this hotel to anyone.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

I think this hotel is lost in the 70s! The breakfast was very substandard; flies all over the sliced fruit, cold cuts looked unsafe for consumption, orange and not yellow egg yolks, horrible coffee, etc... No hairdryer. Black mild on bathroom ceiling( dangerous for spores). Filthy bathtub; grime has never been removed.

The view from our room and the bus stop was just across the street.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Old but reasonable hotel

Generally old and need serious improvements. We booked two rooms - one of which had issues everywhere. (eg the ahower head was broken which was fixed on the second day, refrigerator never worked throughout our stay, etc). Terrible wifi connection - very stressful.

Staff are generally friendly. (Two young guys at the reception were super friendly. Also he tall lady at the restaurant was very nice to our kids!). Others were okay.

I think Hotel Splendid was just splendid.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

I think Hotel Splendid was just splendid. I love that is was right on the Adriatic, a few steps down. Just Beautiful!!! I would love to visit again.

Fantastic base to explore dubrovnik with exceptional staff
    • Standard Single Room with Park View and Balcony

I think the rooms interiors and bathrooms could be upgraded as could they restaurant and terrace decor

I absolutely loved this place. While the decor is a bit dated you could not fault anything else. The staff were exceptional. They arranged my airport transfer and even sent me a text message on the day of my flight wishing me safe travels! I had a very early departure flight and the staff went out of their way to provide me with breakfast before departure. The location is also spectacular away from the crowds and the heat of the old town but within easy reach by a very regular bus. Of course it also is right on the water and has spectacular views.

Amazing!

Absolutely nothing!

Previous reviews can be misleading. What an amazing stay in a sea view room. Staff with smiles and a location like no other. Breakfast was great and we will be coming back for sure. Thank you Hotel Splendid and Staff!! 10/10 from us

Good value for great location and pleasant stay in Lapad.
    • Standard Single Room with Park View and Balcony

The bathroom in my room was in need of a bit of an upgrade.

The sea view from my room was gorgeous and since I was unlucky with the weather this was even further appreciated! The staff were super helpful to me as well, going out of their way to assist in my onward journey. Being a solo traveller, this assistance is always so helpful to the ease of the trip. Thanks Hotel Splendid!

Great Summer accomodation
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

The cleaners didn't do a thorough job e.g. the pieces of broken soap were remained on the bathroom sink after cleaning. The bathroom tumblers were not changed or washed during cleaning. Wifi was shaky on 2nd floor. But good at the beach. That needs attention.

Its a beautiful spot right in the beach. Very beautiful. Loved staying here minus the cleaning issue

Great location, lovely beach access, nice view from our...
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

It is an old facility and feels a bit worn. The staff at the front desk were not friendly or welcoming.

Great location, lovely beach access, nice view from our balcony, close to a variety of restaurants, close to bus that goes to the old town, good breakfast with lovely views of the water, close to ATMs.

Nice area, but very uncomfortable beds.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

Terrible beds. You could feel the springs in the mattress and they stamped Your back. Couldn't sleep at all. Not very tasty lunch. OK breakfast.

Nice View from room and balcony. Nice area. Good bus Connection to city center.

Short stay in Dubrovnik
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

No lift and I was on 3rd & top floor so 54 stairs to climb with case although the lovely hotel staff did help but as the area is v hilly anyway at the end of the day it wasn’t something to look forward too. It was ok for me but maybe a bit challenging & certainly meant I planned my returns to the room. The towels were clean but at the end of their life!! Or just poor quality.

Wonderful views, quiet location helpful staff Room was clean and adequate . The breakfast was v good. And the location with a bus stop practically outside and a 15 minute bus ride to old town made it a good base to explore at a reasonable price. For a long stay it’s a good base to explore and having a designated beach area was a nice bonus

Fair priced hotel - good location with sea view
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

for breakfast, it would be nice to have a fruit salad made of fresh fruits rather than canned ones. the towels are a bit old and could be replaced.

Good location with private beach. 10 minutes bus ride to the city center. The staff is friendly and helpful.

I love the location of this hotel, away from the hustle and bustle of the the old town.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

There was a construction nearby but is not that the fault of the hotel. The hotel can't do anything about it, of course!

I like waking up to the sound of the sea! So the location and our room facing the sea were important. The staff are very helpful and friendly.

You get what you pay for.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

The bathroom - the showers are really small. Maintenance is not too great - our shower door handle was broken. No duvet on bed just a blanket on which I found hair from the previous guest. The downstairs bathroom at the restaurant had a terrible smell and was definitely not clean.

The view is unbelievable. As an older hotel the rooms are spacious. The balcony has fantastic views! Private beautiful beach - go watch sunset on the beach, breathtakingly beautiful. Given the price I would recommend the hotel. It is comfortable and the views are amazing. Just don't expect glamour.

Beautiful location! None better!

Needs some renovation/updates.

Beautiful location! Right on the Adriatic Sea. Wished we had been there when it was a little better weather. Great breakfast. It would be an amazing property if they would invest money into upgrades. It was a little shabby, but clean. I would recommend staying here if you want a good property for the money. We would go back!

Old hotel with a great view.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

The bathroom had toilet issues (smell and constant running water). The room was sparse and not updated in at least 30 years. Breakfast was so-so. The price for off-season was not worth the stay.

Perfect location if you have a car and don’t want the noise of the city. Walking to the Lapad beach is a less than two-minute walk.

Refurbished room with a view
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

Slight drain smell in bathroom. No lift.

Refurbished room with new flooring and furniture. Good buffet meals suffer from cafeteria style presentation. Sea views with own beach, parking.

would not go back to the hotel
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

opening hours of bar, nowhere to get a hot drink from past 11pm. bar supposed to close at 11 - went down at 10.45 and was closed. shower didn't work ac was hot air only

Staff were friendly

A great place to stop and recharge
    • Limited Offer - Double Room with Sea View and Balcony - Half Board Included

We had an ocean view room and this was just perfect for us to come and rest and listen to the waves. The half board option was great- the night meals had a big variety and delicious. The staff were very friendly and helpful and always happy to see us. Bus to the old town Convenient location away from busy tourist areas Quiet

It was cheap but bed mattress could be little better.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

I didn’t like the bed. It is uncomfortable. It was cheap and I expected service like this for that much money but mattress is very bad.

Sea view is fine.

Good value for short stay
    • Standard Single Room with Park View and Balcony

Construction noise going on across the bay facing my window (loud!). Draft came in from under balcony doors.

Friendly staff at reception and in restaurant. Nothing fancy at this hotel but good value for the money and fine location. Bus #4 to the Old City--bus stop short walk from hotel, easy.

I enjoyed a lot and will definitely stay again with my family as well. I enjoyed the breakfast view.
    • Standard Single Room with Park View and Balcony

I enjoyed very nice view to the sea, very friendly atmosphere, excellent breakfast and and comfort. The cleaning was done every day. Breakfast salon and the view to the sea was fabulous. I enjoyed a lot and will definitely stay again with my family as well.

We booked our stay in Splendid but we were moved to other...
    • Limited Offer - Double Room with Sea View and Balcony - Half Board Included

We booked our stay in Splendid but we were moved to other hotel Vis because staff said that Hotel Splendid is closing down, but the view from hotel Vis wasn't as nice as from Splendid, everything seem to be quite old, renovation needed, it looks like atleast 30 years ago. Food wasn't good repetitive things and they were offering food or making up something using up the food from the day before.

1. Location was perfect.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

1. The person at the reception was rude . 2. We got a room on the 3rd floor and wifi signal was very very poor . The wifi has to be checked.

1. Location was perfect. 10mins bus ride from the old town. The bus stop is right outside the hotel. 2. Breakfast was good . 3. The sea facing view was just splendid!

Will probably return in future.
    • Limited Offer - Double Room with Sea View and Balcony - Half Board Included

Although we are both 72 years old and had no problem, some steps and slopes might not suit less-able people.

Easy access to and from hotel by public bus to airport, and Old Town Dubrovnik. Also, several good walks and beaches nearby. Hotel meals gave a good choice and good quality - staff very helpful.

Overall we found the hotel pleasant but interior definately needs updating..
    • Standard Double Room with Balcony

The location of our room was very disappointing, we had booked a standard room with a balcony, but instead we had a room on the ground floor with a terrace overlooking an air conditioning unit. We did think about complaining but after a very long delayed journey and the fact our stay wasnt a long one we decided not to. If we had stayed for a week it would have been a different matter. We were out exploring and sightseeing every day anyway. We found the shower was too small and there was a horrible smell from the drain. Tea & coffee faciltites would have been nice, cant understand why the hotel would not provide this facility.

We loved the location. Stunning views across Lapad Bay and a short distance by bus to the old town. Our bed was very comfy. We found the room service to be very good, our room was cleaned every day, clean towels were provided each day. Breakfast was nice too, a good selection of breads, cheese, ham, pastries, yogurts and fruit, although my husband would have preferred to have had the option of a cooked breakfast

Good hotel which could do with a little sprucing up but overall would recommend it to others.
    • Standard Single Room with Park View and Balcony

One of the front desk staff was a little gruff although still helpful. The single room I had was dark although I had as good a night's sleep there as I've had anywhere for years. My colleagues' room had a nice sea view and was much brighter.

The hotel had a lovely setting and the bus connection to the Old City was very good. The breakfast had a good selection of food of a good quality.

Clean, comfortable, very average accommodation., good location to beach and 10 minute bus to old tow
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

The bed was uncomfortable. The whole property could use some updating including linens, towels, paint, bath fixtures. Was not happy with having to pay for a beach chair at our own hotel!

Croissants were delicious! Staff was very helpful with local information , transportation, etc.

I'm hard to please, but I was very pleased with this Hotel
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

It is about 20mins from the old town, on the coast. Local bus runs from the Hotel to the old town and is frequent and cheap. I recommend staying here to get 2 experiences for the price if 1 in Dubrovnik

Very average hotel which sells the view rather than the amenities.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

No elevator, and we were on the 3rd floor. To carry luggage up the stairs to the third floor was quite deflating.

the view from the room was excellent

We would not return to the 'Not so Splendid Hotel'.
    • Limited Offer - Double Room with Sea View and Balcony - Half Board Included

Very poor facilities. Whole premises very dated and dilapidated. In need of a serious makeover. Dining experience quite poor in both quality and variety.

Too expensive for the hotel quality and breakfeast
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

Zero options for vegetarians. Too old hotel , furniture ,people are borred, they are saved by the good position . But you don't eat and sleep on position but on an old bed and eat every day same five kind of inexpressive foods

Expresso coffe

The food in general was good.
    • Standard Double Room with Balcony

The bathroom was'nt cleaned properly. Shower v bad...had to b held in your hand and was v cramped .

The food in general was good. Staff helpful and obliging. The location was wonderful...we need'nt have left the hotel at all...everything was there!

1) The kidness and the availability of the staff in the...
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

1) The absence of elevator, thus very hard when the bedroom is in the 4th floor, the hot temperature in the corridor, the furniture of bedroom dating from of the 80's. 2) The value for money in august (mulitiply by two).

1) The kidness and the availability of the staff in the reception and in the restaurant. 2) The terrace in the bedroom. 3) The terrace of the restaurant. 4) The sea view. 5) The proximity of the old city of Dubrovnik

Views from the huge balcony.
    • Triple Room with Balcony and Sea View

Views from the huge balcony. Breakfast lots of choice Helpful staff Location very easy to walk to bars, restaurants and get the bus into Dubrovnik

A really happy and memorable stay. But not for you if you want an uber-smart contemporary hotel
    • Standard Double Room with Balcony

The hotel itself has an old world charm which we loved. However, some people may not like the rather tired decorations and dodgy shower fittings! However, it was very clean and beds were super comfortable. Rooms with sea views are delightful and definitely superior to those looking out over the kitchens!

The location was absolutely perfect. A quick bus journey away from Dubrovnik old town but far enough away from the crowds. Lapad Bay is beautiful with a good choice of bars and restaurants all with lovely views. Hotel staff were friendly, helpful and responsive to an issue I had with my first room.

Great location with a small beach front.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

Hotel guests are charged 55 extra to use the beach. This is not a cheap hotel and being peak season we expect to pay peak prices for the accommodation but also to use the hotel facilities like beach towels and loungers. The staff hardly speak and when they do it more like they are irritated to be asked questions. They need some training in hospitality social skills. Menu is very limited. The food is fresh but you wait too long for service before, during and after the meal. Peak season they really need to lift their game.

Spectacular views every night with amazing sunsets. The beach was close at the bottom of the property. One older man who was our waiter was helpful and obviously capable in his job being the only waiter covering many tables! The vanilla ice-cream was delicious. A late check out was no problem.

Great place, great city and friendly staff.
    • Triple Room with Balcony and Sea View

The hotel needs extensive refurbishment, bathrooms are from early 90's. Ceiling in our bathroom was about to fall down. Price for the accommodation is not corresponding with hotel's name and quality.

Staff is extremely friendly and helpful, whatever is doable, they want to deliver. View from hotel is fantastic, beach is great.

Tired, dated and poor value for money
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

Very gruff unhelpful receptionist. Clearly does not like reservations made through booking.com and gave us a very poor room. Or the rest of the hotel is also in a sorry state. Breakfast was uninspiring. Cold meats were cheap and unappealing and many guests were leaving the croissants on their plates.

Very little

Staff was very friendly and helpfull, beach was not very far...
    • Limited Offer - Double Room with Sea View and Balcony - Half Board Included

So private hotel beach was changing after 3PM and in the weekends to public city beach as it was visited by whole families and groups of children of age between 10-16 years thanks to allowed access through the hotel park although it was fenced, but open. For that reason the comfort was decreased.

Staff was very friendly and helpfull, beach was not very far away from hotel. Food in the hotel was nice and the view was stunning.

Fair Beach hotel away from the center of town.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

Hotel is old. But price reflects so it's not really a complain. Would need some renovation but for 3 star is good.

Good internet. Beach at hotel Sunset from restaurant is just perfect.

Visiting Splendid after 40 years
    • Standard Single Room with Park View and Balcony

The garden around hotel should be better looked after. Towels for the beech should be provided and the shower at the beech so that we do neot get beech sand to the hotel.

Splendid has great location. I have been in this hotle 40+ years ago. So, I was glad to see it upgraded and renovated. The shower at the beech is missing. Food is good - apart from see food other options are offered as well. Staff is very kind and helpful. I would go to Splendid again

Poor hotel
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

The desk personnel were unhelpful and close to rude. Their policy of charging my credit card before I was ready to check out is poor business. I still have Croatian cash the hotel refused to apply to my room. The hotel is old and tired in need of refurbishing. The location requires two buses to reach from the station. Our room had a so-so view although others seemed to have better.

Breakfast was better than the average probably better than most.

Friendly hotel in a beautiful location.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

The food could have been better but I generally found that the food in Dubrovnik was not good anyway and unless you went upmarket. Tea/coffee making facilities in the bedroom would have made a huge difference! I was gasping for a cup of tea most of the time!

The staff were so friendly. The room balcony had a wonderful view. Our bedroom also had a sitting room with its own balcony.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Poor needs major modernising
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

Old fashioned needs a major upgrade also need an escalator/ lift. The bathroom ceiling had black damp patches and the chair in the bedroom was full of stains.

Sea view was good

Avoid this hotel which is screaming to be knocked down
    • Standard Double Room with Balcony

This is a rundown property which is owned by the State who are trying to sell it. Everything about the property shrieks knock it down and start again. Rooms and bathrooms are tired, linen, pillows and towels are poor. No replacement bathroom products in the 3 nights we were there. Breakfasts consist of poor quality ingredients. We had a shocking room (nor 8) with no outlook except the oil storage and noisy machinery so could not use the balcony. Staff on reception and management totally unhelpful and unresponsive, they simply shrugged their shoulders. Waiters very helpful. Overall avoid if you want fair quality as its poor value

A relatively good position for accessing bus into Old Town

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

The only good things was the staff and the view.
    • Limited Offer - Double Room with Sea View and Balcony - Half Board Included

Very bad offer on breakfast and dinner. Wi-Fi not working properly. The shower did a horrible noise during use. Unfortunately was not a very good experience, was expecting much better due from photos and other reviews,

The only good things was the staff and the view.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Great location to stay away from the crowds
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

Shower needs fixing, keeps falling off and hit me on the head.. More variety at breakfast for the cooked part and fresh fruits like watermelon might be nice.

Good value for money at this hotel, rooms are quite basic but does the job. Great to stay in Lapad bay, swimming in the sea in the private beach area (rocky) was very nice. Also ,you are walking distance to many bars and restaurants, many with live music. Bus is every 20 mins to the old town until 1am so perfect place to visit the sights and escape the crowds at night.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

The location was outstanding and the views amazing.
    • Limited Offer - Double Room with Sea View and Balcony - Half Board Included

The location was outstanding and the views amazing. Private beach to have a swim in Crystal clear waters and watching the sun set in the bay. Beautiful!

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Good value for money close to the airport
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

The location, close to the airport is great if you need that. It's simple, clean and, though we didn't use it, they do offer an airport shuttle. The included breakfast was very good.

Very old fashioned but charming hotel!
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

Prepare yourselves - this hasn't been updated since the 1970's. It's charming but please manage your expectations

Very old fashioned but charming hotel! Clean, very friendly staff, big rooms - the hotel has the best location -and amazing private beach

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Limited Offer - Double Room with Sea View and Balcony - Half Board Included

The staff were outstanding and we were looked after very well . A lovely view from the balcony with wonderful sunsets . Good bus links into the old town . The reception staff and the lady in the restaurant gave excellent service .

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Good hotel for the most part
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

This sounds ridiculous but the shower curtain was WAY to long. It actually covered the drain hole, so I thought I would be smart and just kind of fold some of it over the edge... well water collected into the shower curtain and spilled all over the floor. I cleaned the mess up because it was mostly my fault. Also the bath/shower drain didn't drain all that well and I was standing in ankle deep water by the time I finished showering.

The gentleman that checked me into the hotel was very friendly. Told me how to get to old town and advised me to take a bus since the parking prices downtown are pretty pricey. Suggested some sites to see as well. Wonderful view of the sunset.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Lovely postion but lots of steps. Friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

Unfortunately, there are no lifts in this hotel so as I requested sea view rooms we had to drag our suitcases up 4 flights of stairs (approx. 9 stairs each flight). Again as the hotel is situated on the hill from the reception it’s another 2 flights down to the breakfast/dining room and to the bar. Then when outside there are several flights of steps down to the seafront and loungers. To get to the bus stop you can climb the steps (which are steep) or walk up the drive which again is steep and has a sharp incline at the top. Overall the location of the hotel and with the views it commands are lovely but internally it’s tired and quite dated.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The position of the hotel was good. The number 4 bus stops outside the hotel and can take you all the way into the old town.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Lovely small hotel in scenic location
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

It hasn't got a lift if that's important for you.

Views from the restaurant The gardens The buffet evening meal and food generally The staff The sunsets!!

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Very good breakfast, with large choice.
    • Standard Double Room with Balcony

The free wifi needs an upgrade. During the time when more people are using it the capacity is too limited. The bathroom can use a little update. Especially the shower.

Very good breakfast, with large choice. The staff was very friendly and spoke well english.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Comfortable hotel with rather good staff and private beach, but far (10 min by car) from Old Town.
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

- There was no lift - The first room we were assigned to was dirty and had cobwebs, centipedes and spiders, and when we complained to one of the staff members, he was kind of rude and sarcastic

- Breakfast was very good - The concierge manager was a very friendly and helpful - The hotel has a private beach which is very nice

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Sadly, the hotel experienced flooding while we were there and all restaurant amenities were closed
    • Standard Double Room with Balcony

Tired facility. Bedding and linens were quite worn.

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Splendid was amazing
    • Double Room with Sea View and Balcony

The bed but the pillow is so comfortable!!

The view from our balcony and the food!