Reviews of The Aquincum Hotel Budapest 4 stars

1036 Budapest, Árpád fejedelem útja 94., Hungary

#263 of 344 hotels in Budapest

For the most part the staff were super friendly, always...
    • Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

Unfortunately it's quite far from the centre.

For the most part the staff were super friendly, always willing to offer suggestions of places to visit, routes to take and restaurants to eat at. They even offered me an umbrella to take into the city when it was raining! The handy mobile to take into the city was excellent, saved us using our data - more hotels should offer this. Beds very comfy and the spa was a fantastic extra.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Lobby, reception & lobby bar
    • Deluxe Room with view

Hotel foyers and common areas as well rooms are well use and sometimes foyers very dirty. Abslutely not equal with Hotel 4starts, reconstruction of hotel essential

Lobby, reception & lobby bar

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Not great
    • Superior Room

The hotel is down the river off the beaten path. It’s in a questionable neighborhood. Inside, it’s worn down. Hallways have dirty carpet and marked up walls. Bathroom has few and thin towels. Seems to cater to tour groups passing through Budapest. We wouldn’t go back.

Had its own thermal baths. Inexpensive plentiful breakfast buffet. Close by transit.

Beautiful
    • Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

Really comfort beds, we had a lazy day on Sunday and didn't leave the hotel until the afternoon. When we returned later they had still come in and cleaned our room which was lovely.

Fantastic Stay. Unfortunately Ruined.
    • Superior Room

It is with great shame that problems began to arise when we checked out. The hotel had pre-authorised my card at check-in for the amount of the stay plus an additional nightly charge in case of purchases made against the room. (No problem) - upon check out, I was given my invoice and informed that the balance would be taken out of the initial pre-authorisation (Still all good). Upon returning home and doing my banking, I noticed the balance had left my account along with the pre-authorisation (Problems begin). At this point I contact the hotel who advise me that the balance is still due to come out of the pre-authorisation and I would receive the remainder in 14 days, a measly £78 which I obviously questioned and provided proof that I'd already paid the balance once. Long story short, we're now almost two weeks on, I've effectively paid for more than twice the cost of the hotel and currently have my banks disputes department dealing directly with the hotel. Would of loved to stay again but this drama has put a stop to that.

I can hardly fault the quality of the actual hotel. The staff were very accommodating from the moment we arrived, the room was very modern and beds were comfortable. The room was in need of a good clean though, especially the bathroom. The hotels facilities were lovely, access to the pools and saunas was very easy and made for a very relaxing stay. The location was brilliant a 2 minute walk to the closest metro station and then only a short metro ride in to the city centre.

The good with the hotel were the nice beds, with nice sheets.
    • Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

For these prices paid I would expect a lot more. The staff weren't that friendly, and since we were there on our honeymoon and were not businessmen, we were not prioritized so much, it seemed like the guests in suits were more important with greetings or waiting in line for reception. The hotel did not meet our expectations; dirty carpet, and yellow stains here and there in the hotel. Some of the facilities did not work, jacuzzi for example. In the end the hotel tried to charge us extra, but luckily we noticed it and then it worked out fine and they apologized for it. So to sum up, the hotel did not meet our expectations, and the prices of the hotel were very high in comparison to the value we got. If the prices would have been around half of what we paid, we would give a higher rating (7 or 8), but for these high prices, we expected a lot more.

The good with the hotel were the nice beds, with nice sheets. Closeby was a station for public transport, so it was real easy to get into town for a cheap price (around 10-15 euro for three days pass). Also a good restaurant nearby with good food and decent prices.

Enjoyable and relaxing stay in a quiet and beautiful part of Budapest.
    • Deluxe Room with view

The lady at the breakfast was unprofessional, rude and unhelpful. Unfortunately, the jacuzzi was not working the whole time.

The room had a beautiful view. The bed was comfortable. The spa and gym were clean and nice. The bar lady and the other lady at the spa were super nice.

Understaffed?
    • Superior Room

The room was not ready on time when I arrived. During my stay, I called twice the reception, they did not pick up the phone. I went to the bar once, stand to the counter for 10 minutes with 2 other clients, nobody took my order. The bartender almost had a nervous breakdown when the client before me order an Irish coffee and begged him to be patient. Is the hotel understaffed?

Good facility (spa), good location

communist attitudes
    • Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

Staff attitude was sub serviant. Club Lounge drinks limited - no spirits Took 30 minutes to check out Laundry took 3 days breakfast egg cook broke all the eggs cold food at breakfast no marmalade generally very Eastern European feeling - almost communist

Vanda in club lounge very helpful

BEEN HAPPIER
    • Superior Room

OUR ROOM HAD NO TEA OR COFFEE FACILITIES AND HAD TO ASK 3 TIMES AT RECEPTION AND EVENTUALLY HAD TO ASK THE ROOM MAID. LOCATION WAS TERRIBLE, A LONG WAY FROM THE CITY. RIPPED OFF BY THE TAXI DRIVER IN THE HUNGARIAN FUNNY MONEY. BREAKFAST AND DINNER WERE VERY EXPENSIVE.

THE SPA AND THE POOLS WERE FANTASTIC THE BREAKFAST WAS VERY GOOD

Very pleased and yes, we will choose this hotel again!
    • Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

The bed was a bit overused. The madras had tracks of previous guests which is all fine because - well it is a hotel, but the suspension was so weak that it got a bit uncomfortable.

Nice people. Felt welcome and respected. The hotel personal was helping with reservations and sightseeing which made everything more comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

For the cost of accomodation the stay wasnt overall very impressive.
    • Deluxe Room with view

Air conditioning on the first night wasnt working which meant sleeping in a room at 30 degrees. It took until the next day to get shifted into a new room. No monetary compensation was made upon final payment.

Location was very handy.

Very good
    • Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

There were dirty carpets. Little bit broken kettle. Little bit broken booth windows. ( heavy cloasing) And little bit odor in the room from the carpet.

The hotel services were great. Bathroom equipment. Size of room. Rich breakfast. Nice and distinguished personal. Music in the elevators. Athmosphere in hotel. Pleasant fragnance in entrance hotel and corridors.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Everything as expected, very fulfilling, all facilities I...
    • Superior Room

Not close to center, if it's important to you. Don't go to the restaurant! There are so many great places outside the hotel, but this restaurant was a great disappointment. Lounge bar is quite good, by the way, pizza there is delicious!

Everything as expected, very fulfilling, all facilities I needed, very close to Sziget festival for which we went there. Would definitely recommend! Also 3 pools (cold, warm and hot) in spa were included into our stay, that was a wonderful surprise! Thank you so much, we really enjoyed our time here!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Free parking , good pools , quiet executive club
    • Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

Caffe machine does not work (does not provide milk), some facilities in recreation area were closed, executive club closed too early , No ticket machine for Public transport nearby (buy tickets earlier in the city Center ).

Free parking , good pools , quiet executive club

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Tourist rip off
    • Deluxe Room with view

Receptionists were rude and didnt know how to use their card machine and also blamed us that we dont have the money on our credit card, when there was plenty. We paid some extra to get a good view to tonava river, but our room was on the second floor and there were trees covering the whole scene, no river. I dont understand how this kind of rip off is possible. There were stains on the floors, a smell like theres mold and spiders crawling from the airconditioning and it felt like we had come to a crappy motel. I could never recommend this to anyone. I uploaded a picture from the ”riverview” and one of the stains on the floor.

The bed was good

Nowhere near 5stars. Avoid at all costs.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

What a disaster from the beginning. On arrival I used the lobby bathrooms, what I saw was disgusting - obviously the staff never come to clean or empty the bins which were over flowing with tissue. Also no toilet paper in the stalls. While waiting for check in I ate at the lobby restaurant. Service was incredibly slow and the bar stunk like beer - if you’re going to have carpets in your bar they should at least be washed now and then otherwise use tiles!! Checking into the room - corridors were filthy and in dire need of a paint. Room was dated and the bed sheets were shabby with super thin pillows - you’d find better linen in a backpackers! Furniture was scratched and old. As I was there for work I was gone all day. Came back on evening at 11pm ready to go to bed and found my room hadn’t been serviced. They did apologize and comped a water and peanuts from the minibar when I asked, which was something. When checking out saw a huge amount of dry cleaning just stacked on the concierge desk with no supervision. Glad I didn’t give an laundry - I may never have got it back. As for the “pool”. Old and changing rooms were dirty. Spa pools weren’t working and this was not mentioned anywhere in the reservation.

Absolutely nothing. Would never come back. Place was dirty, dated and slow. I’ve stayed in better 3 star hotels! Budapest is full of beautiful hotels with incredible service - sadly this was not one

Pleasent.
    • Superior Room

If the bookings could have been modified before the journey. I have email to the property and I was told that the modification could have been done 1 day prior to the check-in date (but still could not). I also personally email to booking.com but unfortunately did not get a reply.

The hotel provides shuttle bus to city centre for free.

Not worth the money paid. Search for something else.
    • Superior Room

Bathtub was clogged, the shower was not working and they gave us another room where the A/C was not working at all. Both rooms were merely dirty with hair streams all over the place in the bathroom and used napkins around the room.

The breakfast was great, so so many kind of food to take to...
    • Superior Room

The hotel was so far from the centre of Budapest. It was just a few kilometers (maybe 6 -7 km) but by the walk it was too far and by the car it was stresfull because on the sunday (after check out the hotel) we cannot find the good place to park near the Heroes square (Hosok tere). The parking on the hotel place was 12 eur/per night. We hoped for the hotel quests it will be for free, because is not in the centre of city. Before on Saturday we parked straight in the city, and it was ok, because there were a garages for cars. Carpets in the hotel needs to be change for new version, because they look really ugly and dirrty.

The breakfast was great, so so many kind of food to take to the plate! :) Fresh cakes, sosages, eggs, frutist, vegetables on many ways .. like in 5* hotel, not just 4*. I was really glad to see so many wonderfull and good delicacies. We really enjoy our breakfast. Staff were so so nice to us. So we really like our trip to beautiful and great Budapest. The hotel deserves 4 *, because it´s really good hotel with a nice and good looking - elegant staff. The room was so nice, and the view on the Duna was amazing. We loved our buddy - phone on the room with free international calls and internet connection. Just take it to the city and enjoy the trip! Pools and other attractions in the wellness was enought for us. 4 saunas and 3 pools. You have to do something in the evenings.

not overly impressed would not be going out of our way to recomed it .
    • Superior Room

Having to wait $ hours for our check in and going up 3 times to reception to find out when room would be ready only to be told no room available as booked out . we then said again we were booked and they finally realised we were . didnt help that we were both sick with the flu and just needed our room . At least chemist was in walking distance .

It was in walking distance to the train

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Transit hotel to drop off loads of tourists from touringcars..
    • Superior Room

Poor quality bakery products at the breakfast with french bread overdue in time that folds together of oldness in the basket .The coffee is in a can and tastes like the one my grandmother used to make. The second morning during our stay there was no hot water by a technical defect. Very inconvenient after a day and night at the Sziget Festival. This harm was mentioned on a message board in the lobby ,no apologies at all from the staff , on the contrary , one of the employees made a joke about it. You need a lot of patience to get served at the bar . One student has to do all the work.

Trainstation and a nice small square nearby.

excellent pools, especially the 38°C one;
    • Superior Room

instead of the ordered double bed two badly connected beds, dirty carpets in corridors and in the room, a whirpool did not work

excellent pools, especially the 38°C one; very nice wellness staff; wellness bar

The facilities, the breakfast was very well, and the...
    • Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

The receptionist was not so helpful, I presented to him the confirmation of reservation with 2 adults and one child of 14yrs old, in total amount of 115euro but he didn't care and told me that his booking in his system show him only 2 adults and I need to pay supplementary 25€

The facilities, the breakfast was very well, and the atmosphere was in general a good one

Very nice breakfast, the restaurant staff is very good!
    • Superior Room

Rooms need the renovation! Dirty walls, dirty carpet, hole in the curtain, hole in bathrobe. The cleaning is awfull! I suspect that cleaning staff throw out only trash but didn't clean the room. And only before last night we saw cleaning of our room.

Very nice breakfast, the restaurant staff is very good! Term, swimming pool, sauna and staff there were very good too! Coffee is good! The teaspot in the room is very usefull.

Good location and public transport links but disappointing from a value for money perspective
    • Suite with Executive Lounge Access

Customer service not great. Room was dirty, missing a curtain, bath plug didn't work and the shower flooded. Not very child friendly. Called ahead to ask for a crib for 18 month old but when we arrived it was not available. Someone eventually brought one more than 2hrs after checkin just before midnight but it was broken and unusable!

Swimming pool and spa was good

Polite and friendly stuff.
    • Deluxe Room with view

AC didn't work(they changed the room). Refrigerator didn't work. Rooms need to be renewed. Parking was charged extra 12€ in location where it should not be.

Polite and friendly stuff.

Good one!
    • Superior Room

The main thing from minuses is location... Not really close to the city center, some 10-15 minutes need to drive with taxi... Breakfast and parking for additional money, accordingly expenses if You count together is really on the high side... Guys at the bar were really slow... Always was waiting for some time to order something, even if there was not a lot of people.

Basically very good hotel. The main brilliant thing is big swimming pool! Really good and enjoyable breakfast. Comfortable double bed, big room and bathroom. Young guy at the reception (unfortunately do not remember his name) was extremely helpful!

Great for a break from the Sziget festival.
    • Superior Room

Staff were quite rude whenever we tried to aquire assistance. The hotel is old. 5 stars, but not the standard I would have expected.

Great spa and sauna.

Good location for sziget festival.
    • Deluxe Room with view

Long queues and slow check in staff. Old and tired decor. Beds not comfortable. Quite dirty. Food is terrible and service bordering incompetent. Very expensive for what it is. Nowhere near a 4 star hotel.

Good location for sziget festival. Decent gym

Staff were very friendly particularly Hamed was so helpful.
    • Superior Room

Room service was not bad but can improve.

Staff were very friendly particularly Hamed was so helpful. He was so patient to answer all of my questions, advising me on public transport to get to places and he also recommended me few good restaurants. Thank you Hamed.

Overall it was okay, front desk staff seemed a little...
    • Superior Room

The ceiling of the room looked and smelled worn and mouldy

Overall it was okay, front desk staff seemed a little stressed, but efficient Special thanks to all the cleaning staff who took the do not disturb sign seriously (I have had bad experienced with that in other hotels before)

Fun... But NEVER again.
    • Deluxe Room with view

We've booked a double room with a view (towards the Danube river). As we arrived to the reception, we only got the keys to the room. No info on parking, breakfast, hotel facilities and where we can find them, nothing. We are smokers, so obviously we asked where is it allowed to smoke. The guy directed us towards the hotels' "Bier-garden", as everybody else kept doing. The thing was that this bier-garden was NEVER opened... The room was not properly cleaned (I was stepping on pistachio shells). Bug traps under the bed say quite a lot. The mattress was a nightmare, as it has two big holes on each side and felt like sleeping in a hammock. Air conditioning sounded like diesel tractor and not actually cooling. Bed sheets also with a couple of holes here and there... So, after the first night we complained to the reception and got a new room. Different floor, but the room was identical, except no more view (this time we could see some back street with "beautiful" overfilled garbage containers). Despite this, we were charged exactly the same price, because this new one was an "executive" room, so apparently it was a free upgrade that we were granted for the inconvenience... Apparently it really was an upgrade, because although the rooms were identical, the executive one had a safe as opposed to the first... All we got for this was a free breakfast...

I liked Spa area although the jakuzzi didnt work.
    • Superior Room

The AC was too loud and the receptionist was rude. He didnt tell us where is the room, no one showed us around. We booked a room for one night, maybe they thought Im just a prostitute, as its usual there, but that was not the case :)

I liked Spa area although the jakuzzi didnt work.

Loved the pool and thermal baths.
    • Superior Room

Loved the pool and thermal baths. Breakfast was brilliant, staff were more than happy to help and always friendly! Loved our stay and will definitely be recommending to friends and family!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Dirty and expensive hotel
    • Superior Room

We wanted to change our room from 2 twin size bed to 1 king size bed. The staff told us that someone will come and put our beds together, but never did. The hotel was very dirty. Although the pictures were clean. There was also some strange smell.

I didn’t enjoyed the stay.

The room and the bathroom were perfect.
    • Superior Room

It was a little difficult to reach the room service on the phone. They did not pick up at all. I ordered by calling the reception.

The room and the bathroom were perfect. I also used the gym, it was great.

I liked that the hotel was good located for its price.
    • Superior Room

Dirty, dusty hotel. Maybe some serious cleaning of that sooo dirty carpet from the hallways would be a start.

I liked that the hotel was good located for its price.

Sufficient.
    • Superior Room

No pressure in shower. Beds very old and uncomfortable. Staff getting breakfast reservations and cancellations wrong. Buffet breakfast overpriced.

Thermal baths on site.

nice hotel near Margit Island.
    • Superior Room

bellboys upon our departure were not really friendly. jacuzzi was out of order, which made us sad, because we chose the hotel because of its facilities. I think guests should be informed in advance that some advertised facilities can not be used.

nice staff members at the reception and also in the spa.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Nice hotel, big swimming area, helpfull staff.
    • Superior Room

Booked a superior room for family (2+1 child) but we got an normal room with a bed. It was nice to have a room with a separate sofa and a normal bed. Found in the room rests from cleaning (paper bag for the vacumm, plastic bags and garbage was full in the bathroom).

Nice hotel, big swimming area, helpfull staff. Free cold bottles of water in the lobby...very good idea on the sunny weather. Nice biergarten in the back :)

A nice hotel to stay in, but not in the summer.
    • Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

Booked 5 executive rooms for group family and all 5 rooms was having POOR AC in July. One room was having a bad smell. Complained to the hotel staff several times and in the second day the staff have replaced only 3 rooms with good AC. Do not expect anything close to the hotel. The breakfast was ok but not the coffee. TV channels was focused on the news.

The hotel makes you feel that you are still in the 80's. We liked that they did not cut corners trying to be like the modern Hotels. For example, the lobby and rooms was spaciest and the executive lounge was great.

Underground garage
    • Room Selected at Check-In

Laundry service was not available as per receptionist, although it was stated as available on booking.com webpage and in hotel rules booklet in the room. Breakfast was not included, must be paid.

Underground garage

Smart accommodation in Budapest
    • Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

As I was in a business trip I didn’t had the chance to have a walk to the Margaret Island situated in the very proximity of the hotel, but on the other hand I’ve benefit from the stable high speed wifi network from the hotel for my work.

I have stayed for two nights at the Aquincum Hotel, enjoying a relaxing massage (thank you Viktor) and the food from the restaurant. The room was situated at the first floor and was clean and with comfortable beds. The hotel parking was useful as I was traveling by car, and good and convenient parking places are not always easy to find.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Unfortunately we are never going to stay at this hotel again.
    • Room Selected at Check-In

The spa area was very disappointing, the jacuzzi was not working. We were at the restaurant trying to have dinner, we were waiting for 30 minutes for someone to give us the menu but no one didn’t even care...It was very disappointed because we were celebrating my birthday and we were hoping to have a nice dinner and everything 🙁

The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful

Not sure if i ll come back.
    • Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

The hotel needs to be renovated. Dint had very good sleep in their beds. Pillows very soft. Also the massage lady was not so friendly, So i avoid having one. (and i left myself with back pain :)) The food was average and not something to mention.

I had a room with executive lounge. (it was convenient enough to refit minibar and eat something when rush) The personnel in the executive lounge welcome me and gave a tour during my first day in the hotel.

the location is great because its very near the trams and...
    • Superior Room

our room didnt have airconditioning the first night they brought a fan in to help with the temp though

the location is great because its very near the trams and buses. the hotel itself is quite nice

Good location but probably overpriced.
    • Superior Room

The corridors carpets are stained from food deliveries to rooms. This causes unpleasant smell. Plates for breakfast are sometimes wet. It does at this point in time not deserve 4 stars.

The swimming pool is nice, also sauna and steam bath are great. Breakfast has good choice of foods but nothing surprising.

Excellent swimming pool, thermal pools and saunas
    • Superior Room

We liked very much about swimming pool, thermal pools and saunas! Also our room was excellent. Location for us was perfect, because we like to hang in Margit island. Public transport is good to every direction from hotel.

Great hotel poor experience
    • Executive Room with Executive Lounge Access

The first night there was a problem with the showers on our floor. Brown water was coming out of the faucet. Upon telling the staff there was no rush to fix and no compensation offered (we were unable to shower for the first day and a half).

Love the facilities at this hotel. Awesome gym.

The additional breakfast was good and cost 11 EUR instead of...
    • Superior Room

Brakfast was charged according to the order made on the first day even if the person did not use the service daily, which is of course understandable.

The additional breakfast was good and cost 11 EUR instead of the mentioned 13 EUR, which is though a worthy cost for a breakfast if you don’t eat a lot

My trip to Bud
    • Superior Room

Restaurant needs to have actual dinner service and open earlier than 6pm, they served the same food as the grill bar. Breakfast was good

Room was comfortable and employees very nice

Fantastic experience. GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY
    • Deluxe Room with view

The mattresses are extremely soft and not ideal for people with back problems 🙄

Great Spa and Gym. Great breakfast. Exceptional staff that go above and beyond. They organised baby bed and a car seat when we went for sight seeing. Coffee Station and Bar fridge in the room which is a bonus.

FANTASTIC EXPERIENCE
    • Superior Room

Fantastic service, staff exceptional. Great breakfast and other A La Carte and Pub food available. Great spa at the bottom level. You can ask the reception to book from a selection of sight seeing Tours with transfer included. The staff organised a cot for our baby and when we went sight seeing they also organised a infant car seat, which was great. Staff really go above and beyond to make the experience superb. Coffee station and bar fridge in the rooms.

Good choice
    • Superior Room

Car park should be free of charge for hotel guests

Huge lobby area, big rooms and clean, SPA facilities are very good especially after long hours trip.

The building was fabulous, the spa and pool were very...
    • Superior Room

The building was fabulous, the spa and pool were very relaxing and lovely to use. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful throughout our stay. The hotel is a little far away from the main city centre but it’s right beside a train station which took us right into the city for only around €1 (10/12minute journey)

Enjoyable. Good transport quite relaxing.
    • Superior Room

The jacuzzi and a few showers and things not working. Looking tired and old. Pillows worn out and cracks in sinks and floor. Had to keep asking to clean.

Really central great pools and health suite. Nice staff. Good lobby and rooms quiet.

Good facility.
    • Superior Room

This hotel looks like have no Manager. Check in took an hour. Couldn't use jacuzzi, but staff had no idea why, while it operated continuesly. Cleaning lady wanted to come in 9 morning without knock.

Good facility.

During my stay at the property, my money got stolen from the...
    • Superior Room

During my stay at the property, my money got stolen from the bag which I have kept in my room while going out to the city center. Other than this incident, it's a good hotel and good experience.

The pools are fantastic although jacuzzi was not available
    • Superior Room

Stayed here a few years ago and loved it, but since then the focus has shifted from service to profits and it is not the same

The pools are fantastic although jacuzzi was not available

The best cost benefit already seen in many European countries
    • Superior Room

The carpets in the hallways are a little worn out and the beds are a little small

Cost benefit exceptional, the cost of transportation to the center becomes smallest compared to the price of the hotel.... The spa a simply a dream , Super quiet and a great breakfast, very friendly and helpful staff

Pleasant
    • Superior Room

The bar staff on one evening in particular were very rude and despite seeing us come to the bar walked away and cleaned up tables etc before serving us.

The SPA was OK.
    • Superior Room

Staff wasn't nice, always with poker face, a bit far from the city and the English was not good. They asked for a deposit on the check in. Overall I will find another place next time.

The SPA was OK.

Nice location, room needs renovation. Service is excellent
    • Superior Room

You have to pay for the parking it is not included in the price of the room. We were only informed about it at checkout. 3600 HUF per night.... The bathroom is tiny, poor lights and outdated shower ...

Service and staff excellent!

By far not 5-Star-Standard, maybe 20 years ago.
    • Superior Room

By far not 5-Star-Standard, maybe 20 years ago. Breakfast was ok, but so crowded that there were no free seats, just single seats within other groups of people. Staff was not giving feedback e.g. when they couln't organize a taxi on request.

Great value for money! If you target great spa facilities, this is your place to be.
    • Superior Room

The rooms can be improved, I've been in the last couple of years here while travelling through Budapest and it seems the rooms are degrading with time and they can be really modernized. But they are acceptable, the bed is nice and confy. The location is not the best but if you travel with your own vehicle it 's really okay. They could let the parking free as there is a lot of space in that area.

A truly nice hotel. I totally recommend it. Awesome facilities (pool & spa). The bed is really comfortable. The personnel is really helpful and friendly. Didn't try the restaurant this time, as the last time when I was here the food was not so great and it was pretty expensive. The breakfast is awesome!

No recommendation
    • Superior Room

The hotel is super outdated; the airco is not working properly; when taking a shower, the water stays in the bathtub; the swimming pools and in particular the 38* bath are just filthy and not clean at all. I would not recommend this hotel. When we made some comments to the staff about it, we got no feedback/response whatsoever. They showed no care or convern at all.

Best thing of the hotel is that they provide you with a handy that you can use in Budapest while you stay there. You can even make international calls with it and you have constant access to internet.

Easy check-in.
    • Superior Room

The property is located next to the river but with the trees around, you really cannot see the river. There is really nothing around. You would have to walk 10-15 minutes on a main road to find cafes, etc. Unfortunately, the AC in my room 226 didn't work. I didn't bother moving because I had already moved once--I reserved a king size bed and they gave me two twin beds. The room comes with bath robes so that's a bit of a plus. I did not eat breakfast there or use the spa facilities so I cannot rate them.

Easy check-in. Very nice staff and helpful.

Excellent hotel and quite reasonable
    • Superior Room

A little too far to walk to get to the city centre

Very clean, excellent facilities. Staff were very competent and professional however they were not overly friendly. They were quite official and serious.

Dear Aquincum staff! Thank you for our unforgettable stay at your hotel!
    • Superior Room

I came to Budapest just the day before my birthday, and at the check-in mentioned this fact. So the next day after a day in the city centre when we came into the room, there was a little cake, a bottle of champaigne and and a birthday greeting card from the hotel. It was really great! The baths, the swimming pool and the saunas were never crowded (we went there twice a day - in the morning and in the evening), the staff were professionally polite and friendly.

Ok - but wouldn´t go privat again.
    • Superior Room

- Bed was saggy - not really possible to shower without watering the whole bathroom

- Wifi was very good - perfect for making business calls and conferences - Very quiet room - even if next to big street

We stayed for a total of 5 nights costing us 363 euros on...
    • Superior Room

We stayed for a total of 5 nights costing us 363 euros on booking.com, upon arrival we were charged an extra 160 euros deposit which we were not told about at all, this was a third of our spending money for the trip. We only received 100 euros of our deposit back upon departure and we didn't use any of the facilities or items in the fridge etc.

Sloppy and far from main tourist atractions
    • Superior Room

The bathtub wasn't cleaned before our arrival (lots of hair ). We ask at the reception to clean it, but even after "cleaning" the day after nothing happened - the same long black hair stayed sticked to our bathtub (neither of us have long black hair). We were disgusted and very disappointed. Nobody cares...

AVOID! ABSOLUTELY HORRENDOUSLY RUN!!!
    • Superior Room

This hotel STOLE at least €300 on check out ! I paid DORA €226.00 in cash and the remainder €180 onto the card. Dora took the cash and charged us the whole €382 on the card. They also took all of our money on arrival as they tried to pre approve our card when booked and could only take €75 due to card not recognizing currency!! They should have rang us to tell us that our bank needed to be notified! If they had all of this could have been avoided. They took around €600 of our cash up front ( the €75 off card and €150 deposit upfront and the full room payment of€382 up front) we could of paid on a night by night basis until the card was changed over, but the insisted on taking all of our money up front for 5 nights! They refunded us the €75 and took the full €382 from card despite giving more then half!! They have stolen our money and I’m seeking legal advice! They absolutely ruined my husbands 40th birthday surprise from start to finish!! The staff were ALL EXTREMELY RUDE, shouting at us every time we wanted to inquire about the money they took from us!! Shouting at us in general really, I’m used to 5***** and always use Booking.com. But I’m absolutely devastated that we were treated so horrifically! They knowingly left myself, husband and baby 3 days with no money in a strange country! Then charged us an extra €300. I’ve extremely bad health so we look for comfort and hospitality! I’m seeking further legal advice about 1, The money they owe us! 2. This is a 2* hotel at best. We stayed for 5 days and the bed was never changed, and 3 times the coffee and toiletries were not replaced! There was no bathrobes (spa hotel). 3. Housekeeping kept opening out windows (4th floor and leaving a chair under it. We had a very scarey instance when my toddler stood on the chair and nearly fell out! I could go on but I’m too upset to be honest! They also tried to charge us 3 times for someone else’s bar tab!

Pool

Room was comfortable and nice.
    • Superior Room

Was charged 20000HUF for "potential minibar charges" which was mentioned at the reception that they will return in 3-4 working days. At the time of writing the review, it's been about 20 days, and still money has not been returned. We rented bikes, paid for them, and at checkout we were asked to pay for them again.

Room was comfortable and nice.

Browse The Aquincum Hotel Budapest traveller photo gallery