Reviews of art'otel budapest, by park plaza 4 stars

1011 Budapest, Bem rakpart 16-19, Hungary

#59 of 344 hotels in Budapest

• Art Double Room with River View

Breakfast was good but not spectacular...some of the fruit underripe and the special coffee machine did tend to run out of coffee during peak times. Mostly, we felt that what let down the overall hotel ambience was the housekeeping. One day it was fine; one day we were gone from 7 to 3 and found nothing had been done to the room, in spite of our "Please clean the room" sign. The next day they spread up the bed but did nothing with towels. The desk was not apologetic, just trying to make excuses. While this is not a luxury hotel, it is a good one with a fabulous location and the housekeeping should be more consistent. This hotel seems to cater to a number of groups, so perhaps the less than energetic housekeeping and the not quite as helpful as we might wish desk staff are because of constantly serving large groups of people. Do not let this one facet of Art'otel discourage you.

The location is brilliant! Looking out at the Parliament in the evening is one of Budapest's great views Overall, it would be hard to better the location. The rooms are comfortable with good bathrooms. The bar is a bit sterile and sometimes noisy, but to be fair it WAS the World Cup time. We are still very glad we stayed there. in spite of some negatives. Just the view alone was worth a lot.

• Art Double Room with River View

The carpet is old and a bit dirty.

Excellent location and view. I had a river view room which cost a bit more but was worth. Helpful and friendly staff at the reception, special thanks to Adee who was patient and helpful, very professional. The restaurant staff also provided great service.

• Art Double Room

Unfortunately the air conditioner in our room was faulty, they did make us the offer of changing rooms but after travelling for 25+ hours we were too exhausted to bother.

Fabulous location. Food and staff in restaurant fantastic.

• Art Double Room with River View

Everything was great, including the staff when we checked in at 1 AM.

We had a river view room which was wonderful. Transportation is very close by. Staff both in restaurant and front desk were extremely helpful in making phone calls to check on availability of tours, and if museums were open. Tourists, please check on religious holidays as many things close.

• Art Double Room

The only thing I would say is that having one bed would have been great (rather than two beds which we pushed together). However, I know this is a very European thing, and given how comfortable the beds were - I can forgive!

Great location right on the riverside on the Buda side of town. Walking distance to the Castle distance, and very easy to get to the hotel on local public transport (Tram stop right outside, and Metro line within walking distance). The hotel itself was really cool with all the Art, and the room was incredible, probably one of the biggest rooms I've had in a hotel in a long time. Bed was extremely comfortable so had a great nights sleep both nights we were there.

• Art Double Room with River View

We liked very much the location and the breakfast was very good also. The room/bathroom was very clean, the bed pretty comfy. The stuff was friendly, and offered us the room according to our preferences, balcony and higher floor. We enjoyed our staying and we'll come back with another occasion.

• Art Double Room with River View

Great location, on the quitter Buda side of the river. Stunning views from our riverfront room. Extremely clean and comfortable. The courtyard was a nice place to enjoy a drink from the bar.

• Art Double Room with River View

Honestly, I can’t think of anything... the building itself wasn’t much to look at, but once you get inside, it transforms into a lovely, artsy hotel.

This hotel is on the Buda side sitting right on the Danube across from the parliament building. We had a lovely view of the river and the parliament building from our room. The room was very comfortable and had all the normal hotel room amenities. The breakfast at Art’Otel was amazing. If you are a breakfast eater, I highly recommend getting their breakfast. It was three islands filled with a variety of hot and cold breakfast goodies... eggs, bacon, sausage, baked tomatoes with cheese, sautéed mushrooms, a plethora of breads and pastries, a large fruit selection, and many meat, cheese, and vegetable platters. They also had a lovely juice, coffee and tea station with a wide variety of each. The location is very convenient. If you walk around to the back of the block, there are stairs that will lead you right up to Fisherman’s Bastion and over to the Buda Castle. Also, the Chain Bridge is just a couple blocks down the road which is fun to walk across and takes you to all the attractions on the Pest side. Plus, a couple blocks in the other direction is a metro stop which will give you access to the whole city. The staff was super friendly and very helpful in making reservations for us, giving us directions, teaching us how to use the metro lines, and making sure our stay in Budapest was the best it could be. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Art Room XL

Prefer walk-in shower rather than stepping into the bathtub to shower (old style; safety concern for mobility restricted persons); just my preference. Perhaps in future renovations that might get updated :)

Accessible to activities on Buda side (short walk to Chain bridge and Funicular to Buda castle) with excellent views of the Parliament buildings on the Danube. Close to Metro to access Pest side activities as well. Front desk staff were extremely helpful (Thanks Betti!) and organized bikes, dinner reservations, and re-confirmed onward transportation for me. Breakfast was superb; high praise from a vegan! :) Housekeeping staff courteous, thorough and thoughtful!

• Art Double Room with Castle View

Please refer to my comments above and also my many emails to you prior to my visit to Budapest. Please refer my comments to a manager.

I am extremely disappointed with you,Booking.com. com, and not the Art'otel Budapest. Please refer to my emails to you prior to my trip. I will never use Booking.com again. You had the opportunity to fix an issue at the push of a button, instead of me having a hotel room lying empty BUT PAID for in Budapest Friday May 25th, when I was still in Ireland. I do not like your 'way' of doing business and will spread the word.I was paying for a weekend in Budapest with a friend for his birthday and my booking error for one room was corrected by Art'otel but my second room/booking through Booking.com was a disaster.

• Art Double Room with River View

No issues apart from poor wifi in our room

Great location,helpful staff, great breakfast, travel phone supplied was useful & we upgraded to room with view of the parliament which was very enjoyable

• Art Double Room with River View

I really enjoyed my stay here. The room was exactly as advertised right down to the beautiful view of the river and Parliament from my window. Location was great...I could walk many places and there was excellent public transportation available. Internet was immediate. Bed was great. Staff was very nice and helpful. I felt safe walking around the area. I hope I get to return.

• Art Room XL

I found nothing wrong to even comment on about our stay

The staff were excellent on solving some problems early on in our stay of five days. The room Was large and well decorated in the old section of the hotel. The breakfast buffet had a wide ad extensive choice of food to fit any trailers taste.

• Art Double Room with River View

Cleaning has to be improved! The most important is the view, but the windows were not 100% clean! Also the carpet and the bath would need some more precise cleaning!

The location, the view and the staff is perfect!

• Art Double Room

When I asked for extension, they gave me a price more than double my original price. I expected some consideration; maybe 150% of the original one was reasonable... but that’s their business call.. it’s their prerogative.

The location is nice, fronting Danube river; very accessible.

• Art Double Room

- old and dusty carpet - decoration in the room does not look expensive (comparing to what you are paying for) - didn't like overall decoration and lay out - price is in an expensive range - cleaning staff didn't close the door when they clean the room, so it is very noisy as I heard the sound of vacuum cleaner while they are cleaning all other rooms.

- good location (almost opposite to parliament building) - nice view from my room (facing the castle district)

• Art Double Room with River View

So We were really happy that We spent 2 nights here, because of the breakfast, because of the room, because of the bar, and because of front office, and the Capitol is amazing from our balcony. "I'll be back!" P.s.: Thanks for The Staff! They are the Best!

• Art Double Room with Castle View

A tiny complaint and the only complaint of an otherwise excellent hotel. The corridor carpet was not clean.!

A very helpful chap greeted us and showed us to our table. I think his name was Adam. The reception staff especially Peter very competent and helpful.

• Art Double Room with River View

took some time to get over to the Pest side. We used the Hop On/Hop Off bus to our advantage. We should have mastered the subway system but were lazy.

Helpful friendly staff who went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Breakfasts were excellent with a wide range of tasty foods. Room was immaculate and very quiet. Great view of the Danube and the magnificent Parliament building. Short walk to where the Hop On/Hop Off bus stopped.

• Art Double Room with Castle View

Breakfast buffet was extensive and varied. Rooms were contemporary and clean. Loved the view of Castle Hill. We preferred the relatively quiet location away from the bustle of the city center; but we love to walk and didn’t mind crossing the bridge or hopping the metro to re-enter the central areas.

• Art Double Room

The front desk clerk gave our transport to the airport to another party @ 4am on Sunday morning though we had pre-booked it. We were on time fir our flight but he was not apologetic

The view from our balcony overlooking the Danube was fabulous. The beds were very comfortable and transportation from Buda to Pest convenient and frequent.

• Art Double Room

free bottle of water would be great.

the room was spacious, view of castle in fantastic, we had an extra bed for our daughter. this time sheets and bed covers were clean. on this side of the hotel is more quite and view is great as well.

• Art Room XL

I did not have breakfast there but it looked to be in a darker, subterranean room. One reason we did not take the breakfast as I like to be in a sunny room in the morning. Also it seemed a bit expensive at € 15.

Beautiful, large room on the backside of the hotel in what is an older building was exceptional. The hotel is filled with art by, as it happens, a friend of mine, so this made it all the more special.

• Art Suite

Nothing much. Except that there isn't as many food options as Pest side. A bit limited. A little pricey for 4 star but I guess you pay for the view. A bit far for walking into Pest (about 1.5km walk to the many cafes close to Saint Stephens Basilica) every day but still a nice walk if you enjoy walking.

Great location on Buda side overlooking the Danube and parliament house. Close to tram line and metro. Very very comfortable bed and nice breakfast.

• Art Double Room with River View

Sewage smell upon arrival. Went away after a day. I left my coat on my lugage, while the desk attendant demanded that I move my car. When I came back, the down jacket was gone. (Never had that happen at any other hotel in Eastern Europe -- over 20 capitals.) The attendants weren't really concerned when I mentioned this to them.

The riverside rooms have a fantastic view of the Parliment Bld. I think the back side has a beautiful view of the Castle Dist.

• Art Double Room with River View

Everything was perfect for me. The location is great. It is so closed to many sightseeing places, only 5 mins walk to the Fisherman Bastion. The room was amazing. We got to stay in the room with an amazing view of the Danube river and the parliament. Especially at night, the view was breathtaking. The staffs were very friendly and helpful. We were impressed by a lovely compliment from the hotel for our first honeymoon in Budapest. I will definitely stay here again and recommend to others.

• Art Double Room

The aloofness/negativity of everyone we encountered on staff *except* wonderful Beth.

Beth at the front desk is fantastic--smiling, helpful, answered our questions our *found* the answer. The rest of the staff was aloof, either said no or I don't know; couldn't be bothered. Other than the wonderful Beth, the staff was the only negative of the stay.

• Art Double Room with Castle View

Nothing negative, except the cooks painted angry faces on hard boiled eggs which was weird I felt they did not make the breakfast with joy at all it was just very odd and weird :( felt unwelcome at breakfast

Super comfortable beds!!! Huge shower and excellent sunny room I could sunbathe !

• Art Double Room with River View

Everything, the hotel was in a perfect location. We had a room with a river view. We can highly recommend a room like this, the view was awesome. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Very comfortable bed, with clean sheets and fluffy towels. Breakfast was superb, covered everyone tastes.

• Art Double Room

Not much to dislike except though the breakfast selection was extensive, the hot food was tepid and there wasn't any toasting facilities. Other than that everything was excellent.

Wow what a comfortable bed. After a month travelling through Europe this hotel had the most comfortable of beds. Fantastic views and the staff were helpful and courteous.

• Art Double Room

Staff didn't respond to the requests. I stayed in room 818 , there was no milk for the coffee, despite request at the reception and noted by the receptionist when I came back in the night...milk wasn't provided. Also same for the writing pad, despite request not provided.

The property is well located 500 meters from the chain bridge. Room was big, clean and tastefully decorated and furnished. Everything is a piece of art.. it's a living tribute to the artist David Sultan. My son 6 years got inspired by the theme of the hotel and also drew some amazing art of us. Free parking near by the hotel in the weekend and night time. Paid public parking also in front of the Hotel.

• Art Double Room with River View

3 rooms all too hot - heating/air-conditioning unable to control the temperature - too noisy to sleep with windows open 2 rooms no telephone, one room with a broken telephone (looked like it has been smashed) There were notices everywhere on day we were leaving that new phones will be installed this week but this didn't help us. Carpets very thin and in need of a clean One room didn't have a bath as stated on website Coffee not always hot from self service machine Bathroom bin not empty on arrival and also not emptied once during stay

Great breakfast selection Great view from Riverside rooms Plenty of hot water Helpful staff with very good English Quality toiletries Easy walk over the bridges

• Art Double Room

Rooms were very hot ... no air conditioning... after asking the receptionist repeatedly about the problem they suggested to open the windows to cool the room .. couldn’t sleep because of the outside noise.

Location is good

• Art Double Room with Castle View

The hotel was so amazing!!! Friendly staff. I got parliament view it was so nice. The location of hotel is near Buds castle only 10 min by walk. Highly recommend.

• Art Double Room

Comfort rating down because of inability to control room temperature as management decided not to activate A/C until the following week. Advised to "open windows" which meant leaving curtains partially open. Buffet breakfast not included and somewhat pricey.

Staff was very helpful. Location excellent on the Danube and very close to public transportation, with a view of Parliament. Concierge service by front desk was excellent. Room prices very reasonable. Restaurant food good and moderate in price. Buffet offered a good selection. Rooms were ample size.

• Art Double Room

The location was absolutely perfect. Walking distance to many of the spots on the Buda side, and an easy walk across the chain bridge to the central Pest side. Great view of Parliament. The breakfast was solid and I really have nothing bad to say. I booked very late, so the room I got was in the middle of the hotel with no view, but they were fully booked so can't really complain about that. The room was nice and well appointed.

• Art Double Room with River View

The Air Conditioning does not work - whole building was very warm. To warm to be comfortable and if you open the window the traffic was so loud you couldn't sleep.

The View and the breakfast where the only thing I could recommend. The bed was comfortable but it was too warm to be sleep.

• Art Double Room with River View

The carpets of the hotel need better cleaning both in the rooms and the halls. Not many choices for lunch or dinner really close to the hotel (still there are some)

Very comfortable room with great Danube view. Good bed and artwork in the room and around the hotel. The room was quiet although it overlooked a busy road. The breakfast was very good with a variety of choices of excellent quality. Location is convenient

• Art Double Room

I would suggest to remove the carpet (moquette) from the rooms

Breakfast varied, healthy and plentiful Strategic location for the subway, the castle, and the center of Pest

• Art Double Room with River View

The view from the room was spectacular. The location of the hotel for tourists is excellent. It is in the middle of the two main tourist attractions ; Parliament building and Fisherman Bastion / Mathias Church. Also it is located very near a metro station.

• Art Double Room with River View

Breakfast could have been better; No omelettes. No walnuts or other nuts for breakfast. Limited fresh fruit. Dark and crowded breakfastroom.. Cleaning could be better. Wifi not good enough. Gym / fitness center to small and badly equipped. The smell and noise from busy traffic on road and river below made the balcony hard to enjoy

Location great. Staff ok.

• Art Double Room

The bathtub, the walls should be painted because they are not very clean. We stayed on the first floor and the view was not so beautiful, you should take a room with a view because is breathtaking. I also think that the breakfast is too expensive.

It is situated by the Danube, in the City centre, vis a vis by the Parliament. The bed was also very comfy, the staff from the reception helped us with the boat reservation.

• Art Double Room

Did not appreciate the early wake up from the cleaners. On check-out day surely they could wait until the guest leaves. When they are so eager to clean, not sure the bath and tub has mildew all around

• Art Double Room

My only negative was the hair dryer was not powerful enough for styling hair and the reception staff are not super friendly. I’m assuming most guests are tourists and having a welcoming staff with offers of help in getting around etc would have been nice. They weren’t mean or rude just not very outgoing.

Great hotel! Good location for sightseeing, great room which was upgraded to one with a gorgeous view of Buda Church on Castle Hill. Comfortable room with nice bath. Nice bar and restaurant.

• Art Double Room

Room was modern, clean and spacious; art based theme was interesting. We left our luggage at the hotel before check-in to go site-seeing, friendly staff. An enjoyable stay.

• Art Double Room with River View

The wifi was a bit slow and hard to connect at busy times.

The view looking at the river was amazing. The location of the hotel is excellent for the views but it’s also good for public transport too.

• Art Double Room with River View

Dirtiest room floor coverings I've seen among 30 countries I have visited. It was awful.

Perfect view over Duna River, good location in city centre, 400 meter to metro station from where you can go wherever you want.

We changed original booking (Saturday-Wednesday) to Friday-Tuesday. Hotel treated it as 2 bookings, did not mention anything when we checked in, and later charged for no-show on one of the bookings. Unreasonable.

• Art Double Room

Hotel is very nice, the room is well furnished and the beds was very comfort. The location of the hotel is amazing. Being just next to the Danube river. I will stay at the same hotel when ever I come to Budapest.

• Art Double Room

The only downside was our room was internal and therefore no window to the outside. We did however have a door to a lovely internal balcony. The downside was the room was very warm and even with aircon on coldest setting it was still too warm.

It was clean and very modern and was just like the description on booking.com

• Art Double Room with River View

Surprisingly, there were no toasters in the breakfast room.

The view on the Parliament was great! I attach one shot taken from our 6th floor window with a 90 mm lens. The bed was very comfortable. Since this was our anniversary weekend, the staff spontaneously offered a small bottle of champaign - a very nice unexpected touch.

• Art Double Room with River View

very comfortable and big room with a perfect view on the Danube River and the Parliament; tasty breakfast with good selection of food; underground garage with a special rotating platform which allows you to get safely out, even with a big car; pet friendly

• Art Double Room

Minor issues - We struggled to get the TV to operate. I could not connect to the Viggo system and could not get to the menu system with the TV remote? The hotel and room was too hot, but this seemed to be a Budapest wide issue!

A lovely hotel with good value breakfast, nice rooms with river view. A nice bar and restaurant. Great location on the Buda side below the castle and Fisherman's Bastion with easy access to Pest across the river.

• Art Double Room with Castle View

The hotel was reallt stuffy, the air con/heating didn't seem to work properly and the corridors were roasting.

It's a really good, comfortable hotel. The breakfast was excellent and the staff are really helpful.

• Art Double Room

Booked a double room but allow cared room was two twins pushed together with garden view. Stayed first night as wanted to go and begin to explore Budapest. Next day asked to change an allocated a much smaller room with view of roof tops that was so hot had to keep window open all night even though wearing jumpers and coats outside!

The location was excellent and the breakfast very good value for money at the reduced price of €11.

• Art Double Room

Each morning around 7am we kept hearing a door slam, wasn't sure if it was the house keepers cupboard!

Lovely room with a great view. The hotel gave a free upgrade because it was my birthday.

• Art Double Room with River View

Really liked this hotel, can't beat the view out of our suite to which we got upgraded for my husband's Birthday. The rooms were very clean and modern, beds comfortable, breakfast was great, massive choice of everything. Check in and check out was very prompt. Would definitely come back to this hotel.

• Art Double Room with River View

TV Didn't work entire stay. Was advised everything was down? yet the Wi-Fi worked in reception. Not good when you are advertised the Apps on the TV yet none of them worked so was unable to watch anything at the night due to being no English Channels. Some strange Staines on the curtains?

The View was fantastic, beds were comfy, Charger available in Reception & Computers with Printing. Great Location.

Nothing!!!

Amazing location, staff are fab, room was so big & comfotable had everything we could need!! Bathroom lovely would definitly stay again.

We are a family of 7 adults so we needed 3 rooms. The rooms were large and nicely furnished, the bathroom spotlessly clean, and our King size bed was extremely comfortable. The views from all the rooms was breathtaking. The hotel is perfectly located, very close to the Danube River and within walking distance of many of the key tourist landmarks. They also provided parking for our two cars. We absolutely loved Budapest and this Hotel.

• Art Double Room with Castle View

The bar prices were very high and my electronic room ket stopped working on two of the days

The location was excellent. I couldn't of placed it better for ease of getting around Budapest. The room was wonderful, large and with a supremely comfortable bed. It wasn't quite a castle view as advertised but. Wonderful view of the Fisherman's bastalion none the less. Get the buffet breakfast as it is a fabulous choice and great way to start your day.

• Art Double Room with River View

The bedroom could be very hot at times despite having the temperature on the lowest setting. We had the window open most nights though which helped and thankfully there wasn't much noise coming from outside. The towels were quite small.

We had a river view room and the view was amazing! Bed was very comfortable. Location was perfect. Elemis products were a nice addition. Hotel staff were helpful.

• Art Double Room with River View

The poor service, indifferent attitude of staff, and terrible food (we had dinner at hotel on Valentines evening but service was appalling and my meal was so awful they refunded it after we complained). I strongly urge others to avoid and go somewhere else for equally great views and, hopefully, better service.

Only reason to book this hotel is its fabulous location - BUT there are other hotels nearby with same views so I would look at one of them in future and recommend others do the same.

• Art Double Room with River View

Very nice location, close by Chains Bridge and Fisherman's Castle. Room with view on the Parliament, very clean, warm and comfy with large bed. Amazing breakfast with plenty of choices. Staff very friendly and polite.

• Art Double Room with River View

Would have preferred one big bed instead of two seperate single beds put together

Friendly staff, great location, wonderfull breakfast, clean and comfortable rooms, amazing view!

• Art Double Room with River View

Some pieces in the room are already worn down ( bathroom door, table with heavy scratches)

Location is excellent / one side view to the Danube , other side to the castle. Nice integration of totally refurbished old town houses one one side. Rooms are spacious- breakfast buffet is excellent . If you come by car after a business day you can find public parking spaces in front of the hotel ( for little money- between 18:00 and 8:00 even free of charge)

• Art Suite

English TV stations - BBC news world wide would have been good in the hotel as they seemed to cover for all languages apart from English!

It was our first time to Budapest and it is a beautiful city. We walked over 38 miles in three days and I think we saw all the sights. The location of the hotel is amazing with the best views of the Danube right opposite Parliament. Breakfast was yummy with lots of variety and there were wholemeal croissants that I haven't seen anywhere else before! The spa with the outside pools are a must - it was drizzling and cold but the water was 28 degrees. My husband didn't want to go at first but he said this ended up being the best part of our trip!

• Art Double Room

Nothing. The four people in our group said it was one of the bast breaks we have had in years.

Staff lovely and very helpful. The bed gave me the best nights sleep in ages. The view to the Danube ( accross road ) was fantastic !

• Art Suite

The rooms in the new building facing the Danube. The fact that in our suite from the old building it was only cold water for the shower in the evening, but in the morning it was functioning also the warm one.

The suite in the back building, which is an old one, is very nice. The building itself is impressing. It it not a term of comparison with the new building facing the Danube which I did not like at all.

• Art Double Room with River View

air conditioning in the room was not working properly. It was not even heating up.

great location, 5 minutes walk from the nearest metro station, great parliament view. very good breakfast.

• Art Double Room

We stayed one week over Christmas and the only complaint we had was the quality of the food served. Breakfast was the same every day - no variation and the one time we had dinner in the hotel the quality was poor.

Excellent location, helpful staff and comfortable rooms

• Art Double Room with River View

The breakfast is not included, but it is clearly indicated in the reservation.

The view on the river is extraordinary... The bed is very comfortable, the temperature in the room and in the bathroom is perfect. The location is great, close to the metro station, furthermore all the attractions are at a walking distance.

• Art Double Room with River View

- rooms were clean, but furniture was visible "used" (however not distractful)

- excellent location, just opposite to Parliament - city centre conveniently in walking distance

• Art Double Room with River View

The staff at check in was rather rude. He cut off my sentences and did not inform us about the free wifi. I don't think this is the problem of all staff since the gentleman we ran into in the evening was very nice.

The view and location were great. For the money especially.

• Art Double Room with River View

We got an unexpected upgrade. The room was spacious with a lovely view of the parliament. Easy walk across the bridge to the modern part of the city and a stone's throw to the older areas. 500 meters from the train station. Great location, highly recommend.

Browse art'otel budapest, by park plaza traveller photo gallery