Reviews of Bara Junior 3 stars

1118 Budapest, Hegyalja 34-36, Hungary

#325 of 344 hotels in Budapest

5.7

5.7

The bed had bed bugs and the smell that came from the toilett was disgusting..the walls were yellow and the pillows were also yellow omg it was a nightmare.

Nothing was good it was disgusting and dirty. Yellow walls and the people who work there were rude and not help full at all. the worst hotel i ever been in and its not close to the centrum at all its far a way. Dont go to this hotell!!!!!

The room needs urgent refurbishment, too noisy neighbors, poor breakfast.

The staff was very polite and helpful. The location was perfect for me as the venue of my exam was in the hotel's conference hall.

It was not like it photos and it was so noisy upstairs ie at 5am and beds where not comfortable at all I would not stay there again and no coffee

Manger was nice

I asked for a quiet room in advance at the time of my booking. When I arrived I got the info that they did not check my request. Staff was nice enough to change the room however in the middle of the night at least 40 italian young student arrived who were shouting half of the night with no respect on others. I asked for the quiet accomodation on purpose (important interview next day), hotel should have informed me that there is no possibility for that. I could make my reservation at other place without any problem.

• Quadruple Room

the parking lot was so dirty with oil on the floor that we needed to lift all the bags to the elevator, after that, the room was sooo far from the entrance we needed to walk 20 stairs and about 100 meter with 2 elevators. the room was very small and the shower did not had any pressure nor hot water, the kids and us give up on washing our self's.

This hotel is cheap, and in a good location.

Location is really good to visit everywhere in Budapest. Just 5-10min to the downtown. Comfortable for short stay. Clean, normal room. Missing a mirror...

Yellow sheets Smelly room No carpet on the floor Used chair with holes in it Yellow towels ...white should be white Towels old washed with holes in it Bedsheets with holes in it and fuzzles All in all cleaness and quality of bedsheets towels very poor.

There should be definitely more furniture in the room. There were no bedside cabinets and we had to keep our equipment on the floor. A desk, two chairs and a small wardrobe is definitely not enough. There were also no shelfs in the bathroom which was bit irritating.

Breakfasts were fine, hotel staff was excellent, localization very nice. The Hotel Bara Junior is behind the main Hotel Bara - and for me this is advantage because it was quiet and far away from main street. I slept really well in this hotel, definitely better than in my own bed, although my girlfriend complained that the mattress was too hard.

Staff behavior, facilities was awful, beds very small, bathroom and the room door are one of the most urgent issues in this property, to be changed.

Only location and breakfast was ok.

The room was horrible and the walls weren't clean. The towels that we had were dirty. We didn't have shampoo in our room. The fact that we had to walk through a very cold corridor to get to the mess hall for breakfast, we had to dress as if we were heading outside. The location is far from just about anything, no supermarkets and very far from the center. The only good thing was that there was a bus stop nearby.

The staff

No shampoo, no shower gel. There were ants in the room and even in the bed. The bed set was not washed normally and it was worn-out. Nobody cleaned my room. The guys at the reception were friendly.

The location was good.

They were very helpful at the reception and this was offset by the old average look of the hotel and the room. Clean, well-organized accommodation with good breakfast. Transport is very good, you can quickly get to the tourist attractions. It's perfect for a couple of nights.

Second time in Budapest at Bara and it is perfect for one night. A little long distance from the airport with public transport but close to the city center and to the tourist attractions.

Our room was quite far from the reception, so every time finding our way to our room was a small adventure! The breakfast was adequate, with all the basics to start your day. The room was clean and cheap, and we even had our own balcony!

Dear Sir, I was staying in your hotel 15th September. Everything was good, specially Reseption! Very polite, kind and helpful workers. But unfortunately I left very bad comment in your book about restaurant. When we had breakfast there were two waiters. One of them was Eva (black hair lady). While taking some food I came to her to ask about types of bread she had on the tray. She answered to me very rude "You wait! You wait!". I said "Ok I just asked you if it is sweet bread or normal?" after she said again - "You wait!" very rude. I started to be angry, my mood has changed and I went to Reseption to complain. Then I was back to my table. She came to us to take something from the table and I told her "why you were so rude to me? I just asked you a question! You are bad". And then she said "shut up!" to me! This is inappropriate!!!! I have never heard in my life such disrespect to clients or guests!!! Such people will make the service in your hotel really bad! She can't work there like that! I will write a bad comment on booking.com also and will put a low mark for your hotel! I am sorry but this person made my stay really bad! Hope you will pay attention on people you hire.

Room was not clean. Unfortunately, we have dirty towels, however sheets were clean. It is quite difficult to find our room. And parking is too expensive.

It was easy to find the hotel. It is situated near the city center. Only 5 minutes by bus. Breakfast was quite good.

Breakfast was very good. Many ham, vegetables, salad and many different dishes. Worker hotel was nice and helpfull. Very positive place and great area. Near to beauty castle in Budapeszt. :)

Bit oldish.

It is a cheaper 3stars hotel, so dont expected too much - a bit oldish but the location (bus stop 1min., some tourist attractions 5-15min. walk), breakfast were really good, the staff was nice and helpful, rooms were clean.

Small bathroom.

Oldie but goldie! It is at buda side in a good location, bus stop is in 1-2min. City centre 5-10min by bus. Playground is opposite the hotel. 24 hours reception and they are very nice. It's worth it for.

Bathroom was very old and too small. The bed was just kind of a very hard and uncomfortable sleeping couch with a sheet over it. All in one it was okay but not for a three star hotel.

Price was good, and the parking garage with a 10€ fee per day is absolutely worth it. Stuff was very friendly.

- The 'balcony' had bars like a prison cell - The room was dirty, with old and broken furniture - The 'interior design' reminds of (and for sure dates back to) communistic times - The breakfast made me rather fast enough?

Checking out (leaving!)

No AC at least in cheaper rooms, no gym or any wellness facilities, large building where a guest, depending on the location of their room may have to walk a lot

Very low price, hotel is located in a beautiful mountainous area but still pretty close to city centre, professional staff

Extremely unhelpful and inconsiderate stuff. Borderline racist. Did not appreciate their rude attitude at all towards me and my family.

Absolutely nothing.

Not far from the center, 15 minutes walking. Staff is great, always ready to help. Breakfast is good. Hotel is only for sleep, nothing more. Hotel is appropriate to price, great balance :) If you want more comfort you must pay more and go to another hotel.

If 3 star... 3 star

It was mislead by booking that hotel was not even star.. Simply cheating. In room no side tables,no telephone,no shampoo,AND the worst wifi doesnt work... There is front building probably to show but they put us in back building you have to carry your bags 15 stairs and 100 steps to reach lift... To complaint internet I hv to walk 2 times but no result? This year I travelled 2 times germany,2 times italy,2 times kyrgyzstan,1 time kazakastan,then since 2nd of this month I am on trip to balkan countries... Today I am in hotel national zagreb,..many times I booked through booking but it was so bad experience-bara junior that is simply misleading even cheating ... It is excellent to go through booking but now I am afraid that hotel can be wrong

No Internet connection in my room; it is far from any tourist attractions; the warehouse-like ambiance. The first two aspects are misleadingly advertised on the booking site as is the price. In huge print the price is showed in dollars - but small print showed the real price - in Euros.

Clean bathroom. Breakfast-except for horrid coffee. Good light for reading.

There is no ventilation in the bathroom, which causes growth of fungus all around. It's all over tiles and even on the curtain. Design is so-so.

Breakfast was very good.

TV must stay on other wall, it is not convenient to watch it at all

Not bad breakfast for this money... Really. If you come to visit city and come back only to sleep after very tired day - this is good choice.

The room is Very far to walk,cleaning not good en bedsheet perhaps not change in our Five nights, cannot tell to other friends,and can stay only for one day is enough.

In Hotel nothing! But breakfast is ok en good.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

The room was not clean at all! There was a spider web under the table and dirt all over the room floor. Had to ask the staff to get the room cleaned. The room was extremely basic for the price. Not even bedside table to keep your stuff. The drain in the basin was clogged.

The hotel is located next to the bus stop. So easy access to the city centre

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Hotel room was outdated and dirty, especially bathroom and walls. At first they gave us a room without WiFi, then on request they change it to one with WiFi, but without heating. Whole hotel is in some strange corridors, door of the rooms are too close one to another, just few centimeters apart. We won't book it again.

Close to the city center, which is just over the bridge. Easy and free parking in some areas around hotel. Short walk to Buda Castle. Breakfast was fine, an average, basic continental breakfast.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Rooms were a bit tired and in need of a refurb. A long way to carry luggage in and out.

Handy location, helpful staff, good breakfast and secure parking.

• Quadruple Room

Rooms were ful of dust and dirt. Cleaning was bad. There was couches instead of beds. When i woke in the morning i had pain in my mouth becouse of dust.

Launch was ok.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Our room was in the new, unfinished part/side of the building - you had to walk through a wired, long, loooong hallway. We stayed there for a night, in April, but it was really cold outside. Although at the reception of the hotel was warm, in the room it was very cold. We were assured that the room will get heated but it didn't much. We asked for a bed for two but got two separate beds... The water at the shower was lukewarm instead of hot and it was very hard to get comfortable.

As you enter the hotel, you find the reception, and the restaurant, in a pleasant, warm atmosphere. The breakfast is good, a lot of choices for all tastes. the personnel seams nice and helpful.

• Quadruple Room

I did not like the room. The bed and blankets were very old. The bathroom was small and although it was clean, I can tell that it was not built by a professional. There were spots all over the shower and tiles. Large groups were accommodated at this property, a group of young kids was very loud early in the morning. The breakfast could have been better. It was weird that they served pasta for breakfast and unfortunately they had the exact same choices for breakfast every day and weren't fast with refilling buffet items.

The staff at the reception was very friendly and accommodating.

When we arrived to hotel it was not the room what we thought, actually it was the last room in hotel and it takes more than 10 minutes until we found the room(by the help of other guests). we came back to reception to cancel our booking and he told us they will return it to us in maximum 1 weeks if we write them the email. we wrote email and they never answered. i will not recommend this hotel to no one

The bed or the chairs. The shower was very poor. The breakfast wasn't varied. Same thing served every morning.

The room didn't meet my expectation and I struggled to have a good night's rest there.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Renovation has not been completed yet so windows and doors do not close properly. Very simple furniture, but good value for money.

Good value for money, Good location, clean (apart from the dust from building works(, very good breakfast, great garage,.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

thin walls , so you can hear everyone entering the hall or walking outside the room . towels are changed every 3 days if you want to change more frequently there is a little fee.

30 mins walk to the city center. excellent value for the price. led tv with lots of channels , excellent wi-fi . nice breakfast . parking is available but i didn't use to be honest cause i parked outside the hotel on perpendicular street. very easy exit to M1 and M7 highways to Vienna and Bratislava .

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Inside of The room we have a fresh paint smell, the room was at the last floor of the building, it was very small, it was cold inside the room, outside was -7 Celsius ! IT was The second time visit but also the last time. Not recomand

Parking 10euro

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The area is dull and ugly, no facilities whatsoever. A brisk 30 min walk will take you into the center, if you enjoy walking on a narrow sidewalk along a busy road. If not, you have to rely on public transport and taxis. The sound insulation in the room is non-existent. Breakfast was not very varied and the buffet was constantly running out of food. I booked and paid for a room with a double bed in Bara Junior, and was given a single room and explanation that there are only twin beds in the hotel anyway, despite the information on the site. I had to argue with the reception to get the double bed I had paid for, but in Bara Hotel. All in all, a choice I regretted.

The Bus stop was indeed close to the hotel and the public transport is reliable in daytime.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Corporirate events meant we couldn't speak to reception. There was no one at the desk to give me my key when I got back. I had to lean over the desk to get it myself out of the box aa id been waiting ages. The room was down a horrible long concrete corridor with food on the floor. I booked a double bed and got two singles.

The cheapness

On arrival I had to pay at 2:30 am! The room was in an old building and undergoing refurbishment currently. The door opened with terrible noise,shower cubicle had mould in it, the tray was metallic and damages painted and vey obvious, the shower head was ancient. Forniture was pretty old as well. The upgraded room for second night was obviously a great change but could not open the window since the noise of the main road was very loud. No wifi in the rooms.(this was indicetd when I booked the first room)

Great location. I have arrived late night and so talking to the manager next day I was given a room in the new part of the hotel, which was fine. However even in the new wing wifi was not available in the room.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2016

Visible repair marks and patches in the bathroom. No wi-fi in the room. Long walk plus stairs to room from main hotel entrance. No kettle for making tea/coffee.

Good location, quiet and less crowded yet good quick access to city centre and tourist spots. Citadel were close. Helpful and friendly reception who spoke good English. Decent breakfast options for the price.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

When we asked why the room wasnt what we paid for they said that the hotel was complete and there were no double rooms with double beds available that night, but that the next morning we could ask his workmate. The next morning they said that there were no rooms of that type in their hotel, We felt helpless and fooled. We had the worst Hotel experience in Budapest

Nothing. It was not what they offered in the page. We booked one double room with one double bed, we got one room with two "single" beds which were small sofas with blankets We booked two months in advance and they could not write to say they had not the service we were paying for.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Bara Junior is the 2 star extension building to Bara Hotel itself, which is 3 star. Wi-Fi only in the reception, not in the rooms. Long walk and many stairs to reach Bara Junior rooms from the Bara Hotel reception. Rooms old and cleairaudient, some mold in bathroom and not entierly clean (found hair and dead fly). Telephone in room didn't work. Picky eaters won't be happy with the breakfast (i.e. watery filter coffee, milk-skin in the milk, sweet pastry might be too dry for you).

Can be reached easily with public transport and walking distance to city center is okay. Bed was comfortable. Small balcony, although without furniture and without interesting view. Fridge in the room.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

The staff ignored a group of woman over men. The building was incomplete No wifi in rooms No room in lobby to sit and use wifi because of buisness centre

Free parking out front

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

the staff were very dismissive of me as a woman. The wifi only worked in the lobby BUT you could not sit in the lobby because of the people using the business centre. The hotel was up a flight of stairs along a strange upward sloping corridor and then up another flight of stairs and THEN there was a lift to take you up one floor ( which had the least amount of stairs) and no help and we had a baby. There was building work going on every morning and the builders played loud music. Breakfast was so strict that my friend asked for milk and was told no... we had to ask several times to get hot water for the babies formula......

we could park our splitter van outside

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

We came to hotel late in the evening around 23:30, checked in , payed for the parking (the man at the reception told us we could leave the car there next day as well since we were staying only for one night and wanted to see the city next day), next day the other man at the reception required us to pay extra for the parking which was not really fair cause we didn´t stay there with a car even for 24 hours. Unfortunately we had to pay another half day of parking. All in all it wasn´t so bad but in the future I would prefer to stay in the other hotel. It was not the first time we stayed in Budapest and I think people can find a lot more for that kind of money.

The man during the breakfast was really fast and when I asked him to bring more cakes he brought is ASAP.

The hosts were very helpful and very nice, the house is beautiful located in a quite area. The room is great, amneties were all there and even more. I highly recommend

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

Very old room , needs renovation, there is a lack of fridge , the tv didn't work because the old type of socket didn't give power. No wifi in the room , you need to go to the reception in order to get signal. It was a lot of walking from our room to the reception .

The staff was friendly , the breakfast was perfect with a variety of foods

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

Sanitation in the bathroom was poor, the room was very small, and there was no wifi, as advertised, only in the lobby...

The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was good quality

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

Very small rooms, quite big building (lot of walking), breakfast could be better, I had a feelings that it is not clean.

Location. For this money its ok for a one night.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

i got flea bites :( :(.the tables during breakfast time never get cleaned so you eat over other people's crumbles. Tha ladies that bring the food or remove empty plates are really unpolite. really old bathroom. I know this is a cheap hotel but i've got much better rooms for the same price in other cities

variety of breakfast

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Ascess to room was unsuitable for people with mobility issues. Very basic stayed in nicer hosteld. Everywhere was very noisy because there was no furnishings to absorb sound.Some reception staff unhelpful and did not understand English!!!

Breakfast was ok except for coffee!

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Quadruple Room

Initial room that was presented for 4 people was absolutely shocking stank of damp and paint not bearable to stay in for more than 10 minutes. The hotel offered another room free of charge in the same building however made a fuss about having to call the cleaners again as we were in the room for "more than a few moments" they were about to ask for money to call cleaners but did not. Was ready to announce that the room did not need a clean but a shut down and fixtures for standard ventilation before putting more people in there. After a lovely evening out in Budapest we returned exhausted and ready for bed. The phones and purses were places on the table in the room, the room locked. At this point it should be noted that the security of the room was the extent of a simple door key. We woke the following morning only to find two purses missing yet other belongings still present. Complained to reception when asked if they had security in the hotel was told that they did not and all they could offer was to call the police. Absolute nonsense. The attitude of the staff were completely careless and I did not trust them one bit. No consideration to the guest what so ever, acted like they were doing us a favour when in fact we were the ones paying them in the first place!! Completely avoid would never recommend this place to anyone, travel across Europe many times before but never encountered such issues and behaviour.

Absolutely nothing.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

We were in separate rooms, both were dirty. there was no connection between the elevator to the parking (the parking costs 10 EUR per day) and that part of the hotel where we were staying. staff unable to serve all the guests at the reception, so it takes a long time. breakfast was with the most cheaper and low-quality products - had soup for breakfast, instead of other more appropriate food and it wasn't delicious. instead of sugar in sachets, the tables were packed cups of bulk white and brown sugar, which were already wet. the rooms had flies, as principally the toilet, which stresses unsanitary. towels were gray wear. in one room the shower was broken and the tap - blocked, and water barely flowed. Internet is available only at reception, and there is always full of people for this reason, therefore you can not sit and do work if necessary. Even for a lower price would not have stayed again in this miserable situation.......

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

There are no proper mattresses on these beds - they are fabric sofas. curtains were black and dusty.. No air con, no refrigerator, no kettle in room. Open the windows and the traffic from the main road is terrible loud..With really badly worn out bed linens, with just one sheet layer thrown over to cover the layer of the so-call bed.. Dirty room, dirty floor boards, room had signs of previous guests visible. The bath room was disgusting, the smell of raw sewage when flush toilets and use of water taps, it was sinking!! I was constantly being bitten by mites and flies.. Staffs came in to do room services, that was pointless toilets weren't clean, sinks weren't being clean.. 3 stars - not a chance!! First and last visit ever!!

The location of hotel is idea. There are regular means of transportation to get around. Use of public area was clean.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The walls are a little thin but you can survive this.

Location is perfect for this price, 15 minutes walk to the center, no big deal. And breakast was also good.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

The hotel is quite far out from the centre. Our room was a long walk from the reception down dodgy concrete hallways. The hotel could be more aesthetically pleasing.

The hotel was clean and good value for money. There was lots to chose from at the breakfast buffet such as fruit, bread and cereals.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Bara Junior is another building connected to the hotel. Room was hard to find and behind a maze.Also no wifi in this side of the building.

Staff is nice and room was quiet.Hotel was very near 8E bus connection which was convenient.

• Reviewed: 11 July 2016

There are so many things wrong, I don't know where to start. First of all, the "Junior" wing of Bara is far away from the reception. You have to go trough a labyrinth-like series of narrow corridors and take a very, very slow elevator to your floor. Expect a 3-5 minute walk from the front desk to the room door. At least on the last floor, the room is tiny! We traveled by motorcycle so we packed light, yet still had barely any room for our panniers. I'm not kidding, it's very small! No WiFi in the room (to be honest, this was specified in the hotel facilities). The room itself was very badly maintained and the bathroom was downright horrible. Patched up holes in the walls. Non-patched holes in the walls. A nice big dent in the shower floor which rusted away. A very flimsy looking and totally unprotected electrical socket. Absolutely no bathroom amenities. If you want your towels changed more than once every third day you have to pay extra. The parking (which cost 10EUR/night) is very spartan and not maintained at all. It was dark and I parked in a big puddle of oil, so I had to wash the tires afterwards so we don't crash after leaving the damned place. The list could continue, but it is useless. Just don't.

Well, the location was OK.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

No wi-fi in the room. There was renovation of the hotel's facade and early morning somebody works behind the window of my room. It was not big problem for me but nobody told me about this before I had checked in.

Good localization and parking garage.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

The hotel looks horrible, it has nothing inviting, everything looks very old and dirty. We had a very long way to our room through some weird looking halls/stairs/again halls, etc. The parking appeared to be free of charge but we were charged 10 euro per night. Also, the parking is perfect for making horror movies. I strongly recommend sleeping in the car or paying double for a more decent hotel. I will never come back here.

Nothing to like

Hluk z ulice. Noise from street.

Breakfest.

• Quadruple Room

Good location and good food

poor breakfast

Staff collaborativo e cordiale.

- Poor wifi - Onions in the scrambled eggs for the breakfast buffet

Cheap

rooms are quite dull, our bed was way too short (for average person ~180 cm)

helpful staff on the reception desk, decent breakfast included

Absolutely nithing!

Nothing special... Might be the locaion.. And the view of Buda Castle. That's all.

Friendly stuff Thank you !

Ues

bed not conformtable.

Only food for breakfast is ok

Browse Bara Junior traveller photo gallery