Reviews of Budapest Museum Central 3 stars

1053 Budapest, Múzeum körút 39, Hungary

#139 of 344 hotels in Budapest

• Standard Triple Room

The hotel has an excellent location: near to metro station, airport bus station, even you can walk to downtown if you wish it ! People at the hotel is very kind. They gave us a discount for paying in cash and they also offered something for us! It’s a great option to visit Budapest

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The weather was extremely hot and humid. The air conditioner was broken. Thus, we had to open the windows and then there was a bug fest inside. A lot of flies rushed inside and it was hard to sleep when a couple of them kept landing on-off my ear.

Staff were extremely helpful and they did anything to make us comfortable. Location of the hotel is also great. The city center is walking distance, and you can find a lot of things to do.

• Studio with Spa Bath

Everything! I am disgusted at my recent stay from Wednesday the 9th of May to Saturday the 12th of May. I booked my accommodation 4 months before my stay and not once in that time did anyone tell me I wouldn’t be staying in the main hotel complex. I received an email the night before to inform me of this and that the place where I would be staying was a 6 minute walk from the hotel. At this stage it was too late to cancel or look for somewhere better to stay. We were promised in the email we received the day prior to arriving that transport would be arranged to drop us to our accommodation which never happened. Instead we arrived we arrived in the pitch dark at 10:30 at night & a staff member walked us the 6 minutes through the city to our accommodation. This was completely unsatisfactory and we felt completely unsafe. We had all our luggage with us and had to carry it from the hotel on foot to the accommodation. I wouldn’t recommend your establishment to anyone after this experience. We should have been informed of all this information when we booked our stay and also the transport we were promised should have been provided. We were promised compensation which also never happened. When I emailed the hotel to say that our stay was unsatisfactory I received a few short replies before in the end they ignored my email. I enjoyed Budapest but not this hotel! Scariest experience of my life!

• Standard Triple Room

Nothing really apart from the fact the entrance is a bit dark and you may find yourself wondering if you’re in the right place the first time you get there. But once you get over it, you’ll see why the hotel totally deserves a high rating!

You’re in the city centre, surrounded by numerous facilities, the hotel is very comfortable and the staff is really friendly. I absolutely loved it and I felt so welcome I will definitely come back. You have several restaurants nearby, a museum across the street, a direct bus to the airport (with no stops) departing every 30 minutes across the street. You’re 15 minutes away (walking) from the Central Market and really close to the main shopping street. Also, the hop on hop off buses stop across the street.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I was in a vacation with my girlfriend in January and we stayed 2 nights . Very good location. You are in the city center and all is near to you. The first impact is that you are in a personal apartment, but there is a reception and the room are very clean and the employee are very gentle. We was satisfied.

• Studio with Spa Bath

Perfect location, close to the car parking garage, walking distance to the inner city, fully functional in old fassion building - you can feel as a king or queen inside with the huge high celing.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A bit noisy due to the heavy traffic (it's really in the middle of the city)

Excellent location, clean and spacious room. Perfect for a weekend trip to Budapest.

• Standard Triple Room

Hotel does not have parking,you can park on the street where is no free spaces at all for whole day...and in garage 500M for 1€ per hour,for breakfast you must walk 500M to another building-restaurant.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The only suggestion for improvement I have is that I would appreciate more information on getting to the hotel prior to travel.

This hotel is superb. Extra friendly and helpful staff who helped us to book both a dinner cruise and a visit to the baths. The availability of tea and the water cooler/heater was much appreciated! I also loved the location across from the museum and the building the hotel is housed in.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

They asked me to give my credit card details (including CCV) on paper to provide a caution for them, that I simply refused to do so. There are also several signs in the hotel stating that the hotel can "fine" you up to EUR 1000, if you break the house rules - I found these things ridicolous.

Very centrally located. It is "hotel" in a residential building - little bit unusual set up. The room was really clean and quiet.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was nice and comfortable place, but I thought it's a Hotel not kind of hostel. Breakfast is two streets farer, but room and localization was great.

• Studio with Spa Bath

The morning staff was not good. She was not helpful. In the night the other staff was very generous and helpful. He provided us with the wine opener on request which the morning staff did not.

I like the location . The accommodation was value for money

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Safety box does not guarantee from the hotel that means we have it but isn't useabale

Room was large enough with big windows and good view ,from our room we could see museum and garden

• Studio with Spa Bath

When I arrived to the place they told me that was some problem with the room I booked and they have to send me to a different place. New place was good but not with all the facilities Id booked.

The place was nice and clean. Staff was helpfull

• Standard Triple Room

11am checkout is a little tight, and room had only a shower room (no bath), which in a room that size seemed a waste. While the walls to the next rooms are solid, the acoustics to the corridor aren't great. The notices warn grimly against excessive noise, and seem to work, when I stayed it was very peaceful - so not recommended for boisterous stag or hen parties!

Loved this place for it's style; although it is definitely not your standard 'chain' experience, at the price, it's a bargain. Located on the upper floors of a 19th Century Courtyard House (and not to be confused with the Hotel Museum Budapest which is on the other side of the National Museum). The entrance is a large door onto the street, blink and you'll walk past it, though there is a sign flat to the wall. Initial entry took a little thought, you have to buzz '10' to gain initial entry, and again through the inner gate; then the hotel reception itself is accessed by the original wide stone staircase (if you don't fancy the look of the old lift - though to be fair, it worked). Thereafter the room key has a fob for self-access. The room was huge, with air conditioning, high ceilings, cupboards and large windows onto courtyard. Staff very friendly, though desk is not 24 hour

• Studio with Spa Bath

The room was listed as soundproofed but we could even hear the taps being turned on in other rooms. Not the best if you want a nice sleep.

Great location, the spa bath was lovely.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lack of Self catering facilities/ breakfast package not on site. The sound from other room travels too far. Every single day I was woke up by very loud guests in the hallway or very loud cleaner.

The room was very spacious. Staff incredibly friendly and helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel did not offer an on-site breakfast. Vouchers were purchased from the hotel for a local restaurant located a block away.

This bed and breakfast style hotel is situated very close to the Metro, and is within an easy walk of the major tourist attractions. The hotel provided free coffee, tea and cookies. The room was large with a french-style balcony facing the National Museum.

• Studio with Spa Bath

Sheets and towels worn out and looking not really clean There's a kitchen in the room but didn't use it cause not really clean The bathroom was advertised as spa but really was an old and worn out bathtub

Location is perfect Very nice neighborhood Staff kind and helpful Room pretty large

The lift is very small. There is no adjacent parking except for on the street. One of the air conditioners did not work as expected. The lobby is extremely small. Luggage can be kept in the corridor and not i a dedicated location. Bottom line- great for singles and couples with a few suitcases, not so great for a family with a lot of them.

Thw location was great. The atmosphere was unique and quiet.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The corridor downstairs is quite dark in the evening.

Very helpful and friendly service which made me feel warmly welcomed, that is very important when you travel alone. You can reserve sightseeing tour and purchase public bus ticket at reception desk. The room is big enough, clean with nearly everything you may need. Most important, the price is quite reasonable at such a lovely location.

• Studio with Spa Bath

The room is located in the ground floor of a tall house with windows heading to the inner yard so no daylight at all. We had to use use the lights even during the day. The air conditioning was not working and the jacuzzi was working only halfways - spraying streams but no bubbles. We did not mind since it was very hot that days so no mood for a hot tub but still...

The accomodation was satisfactory for quite the low price and its position. It is near the city center, really two minutes to get to the nearest metro station. You can also reach the center by walking. That is the bigges advantage of this accomodation I would say. The room was also clean and spacious. The complimentary bottle of wine was a nice touch :)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lack of parking space, only street and public paid lots are available. Little noisy in the morning for the rooms that look inside the building, probably because of garbage transport.

Good location, excellent and helpful stuff, nice rooms and warm welcome. Situated in an old building, it has characteristic architecture with beautiful hall.

• Studio with Spa Bath

The room was not soundproof and the neighbors were too loud which was an unfortunate combination!

The property was close to the city center and the staff was very helpfull!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Studio with Spa Bath

- First you have to park the car, go to the reception to get the key, then come back to get the luggage from the car and then go to the accommodation. if it's not rainy, then it is ok. Don't worry, you don't have to do this when you leave :) - there was some noise coming from the bathroom, i think it was the ventilation. might have also been from the room.

- as a genius perk, we received a bottle of wine, which was really unexpected and nice. You get wine opener and glasses, of course. - we asked in advance about parking options, we received a map with options around the accommodation, and price per day for each option - which was amazing! choose the underground one, very cheap and really close to the accommodation - just make sure to have local currency, you cannot pay by card - really close to the city center, lots of restaurants around, museums

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

very bad soundproof - you can hear neighbors all day and nigth(((

Great location, very close to subway, staff are great, clean the room every day, free coffee, tea, wine compliment

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I could not regulate the heating of the room. --- Breakfast is in a restaurant of some 500 m distance.

Nice apartment, spacious, well equipped, comfortable. --- Excellent location. --- Kind staff.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It's not so easy to find the main entrance of the hotel.

Brilliant location (situated in a historic building), clean room and bathroom, friendly staff, nice view to the Hungarian National Museum.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

• Studio with Spa Bath

Apartment in a perfect location near the center of Budapest. The apartment was big and comfortable perfect for a couple with a big jacuzzi. What made our stay most enjoyable was the excellent customer service offered by Sophia. She was very helpful and kind.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was extremely noisy, from other younger guests, from the tile floors, the main door being closed, the elevator just outside my window, the tram on the main street, the inner courtyard area which was used by people living in the same building. Could not sleep well for 2 nights of my 3 night stay.

It was clean and well located.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

• Studio with Spa Bath

Decor is mixed (some parts modern, but mainly and old feel). No tea or coffee. No lounge area, just a washroom.

Massage bathtub is excellent. Spacious room. Generally well equipped.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I was able to hear the receptionist talking and letting the guests in while sitting in my room the walls are very very thin so i couldn't get any sleep bec there was someone walking on the floor opening the doors etc...unfortunately U can hear everything unless u r sleeping really deep with an earplug. The shower has no pressure so the water is just running slowly i couldn' even have a good refreshing shower. The room was also smelly.

The accomodation is easily reachable and situated in the city center. They also enabled me a late check-in .The room is specious enough but as a whole it does not worth the money.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was a little hard to find being on the second floor of an building with an entrance gate and courtyard. Also, the walls are thin. I couldn't hear any street or courtyard noise but had a loud neighbor who kept me up late yelling at someone. The hotel does have a strict noise policy after 8p though so I should have reported it to the front desk and I'm sure they would have dealt with it.

This was in a great location for visiting the museum. It is on a really loud street but I wasn't able to hear any of the street noise in the hotel. I did really enjoy the central courtyard and details of the architecture.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Studio with Spa Bath

I thought a transtorn you have to take the keys in one place, stay in another and having breakfast in another one. I didn't like these procedures. The building that the room is located is too old and sounds strange inside.

The room is clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

It was really well situated , in a gorgeous building full of character . Our room looked out onto a cool courtyard. The staff were really friendly /helpful and we even had a bottle of wine in the room .

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Studio with Spa Bath

it's not a hotel, it's merely a hostel! our room was in a different building which was very inconvenient breakfast was in completely different location, 10 minutes walk the bathroom was not very clean, quite awful actually the room was not comfortable, it felt old and dirty, especially with old, cheap, used furniture and cracks on the walls there was a dirty, dusty bottle of wine in the room - disgusting I was asked to pay some additional tax which was not included in the price – only 2EUR per night, but still it's not fair

the location is okay

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A little bit difficult to find. No freezer in the room.

Very good location in wolking distance from the metro, city center, a lot of restaurants and supermarkets. New bathroom equipment and very friendly staff. Free coffee and tea on the reception.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A warm welcome, amazing location, very spacious room.

• Standard Triple Room

Good location, near metro station and restaurant. You can go to Danube river from hotel by walk. The receptionist was nice. Room was large and clean.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

In the middle of the city. Service perfect. The room was clean. I will book again with this hotel!

• Standard Triple Room

Finding the entrance of the hotel was a bit odd at first.

Location is amazing!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The door and gate into the hotel

Nice warm room

• Studio with Spa Bath

rooms are in a seperate building and that building looks like a ruin.

• Standard Triple Room

Some noise from other rooms and front desk

Quiet setting away from street

• Studio with Spa Bath

Telephone didn’t work WiFi didn’t work

Great location, clean, safe

• Studio with Spa Bath

The room was nice and big with kitchen and massage bath, location was also very good.

• Studio with Spa Bath

Staff were okay. Not warm at all.

Location and the room size

Noise of the street

It was clean, perfect location, worth the money

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nice staff, very clean, big room and bathroom, coffee :)

the staff is unfriendly

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

thin walls, hard to find

nice view and location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Just a little noisy in weekend

Central, near everything.

• Standard Triple Room

Great location, just several minutes to walk to the very center. Nice staff, overall good hotel for this price

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Good en suite. Tea and coffee and water machine. Lovely old building centrally located. Very friendly staff.

Location, wine as present

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Exelent location, nice small hotel and polite personal

• Studio with Spa Bath

Location.. even though its in middle of city.. hotel is very hard to find...

• Standard Double or Twin Room

My room was on a major artery through the city, thus very noisy.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Perfect location and very helpful staff. The room was clean and cozy, with the view on Hungarian National Museum. We will definitely stay here again.

• Standard Triple Room

It was a little bit hard to find the property because the sign/name of the property outside is small.

It was nice and clean.

TV didn't work, but who watches TV on a city break?

Brilliant location, quirky

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Beds should be more comfortable. They are clean but old

Nice location. You can go everywhere by walking

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Best staff! Good place to stay in the historical centre.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very helpful staff. Brilliant location, very easy to get to using from airport or station metro. Easy access to all the sights of Budapest.

• Studio with Spa Bath

Accommodation just as described. Basic but all that you need. Very convenient and good value for money

Plenty of choice & Tesco round the corner.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

difficult to find and no immediate parking possibilities

Big Clean rooms

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Perfect location. Big room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

They don't offer breakfast although there's tea and coffee on the reception.

Everything is great here. Location, value, staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Sign with the name is rather discreet - we walked by it first time.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great location, great service. It isnt a 5 star hotel but it was everything we wanted and needed.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Good sized bed, great staff, complimentary Hungarian wine, great touch!

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

If it's bed for two, would be nice to have double bed, not two beds

Wine witch was left on the table was just perfect coming surprize

Browse Budapest Museum Central traveller photo gallery