Reviews of Carmen Pension

4.5

5.6

As a whole it was bad
    • Economy Double Room - with bathroom

There were bed bugs and at night those bugs were moving on walls and ceiling. Me and my partener were sitting in center of bed for all night . It was really like a horror movie.

Room at first look was not bad and washroom was clean which was the best thing.

It was the cheapest option for that period we went.

It would be quite a nice place, if they would clean the room, bathroom. The hallway smells of cigarette. The staff was not even there, just when we checked in. We will never go there again.

It was the cheapest option for that period we went.

good location
    • Economy Double Room - with bathroom

Dirty, run-down room and shower. Only good for 1 night when there is nothing else available and you don't want to spend a lot of money.

good location

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms are very dirty! And have a very bad smell. We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights but we left after the first. They didn t answer my calls or email to discuss the problems. Horrible experience

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

an indescribable mess, mess in the bathroom and in the room,...

an indescribable mess, mess in the bathroom and in the room, what is in pictures has nothing to do with reality, I do not recommend! I'm sorry I did not take pictures to attach

Staff was pleasant and location is well connected to the...
    • Double or Twin Room

They changed the pin code withouth letting me know about it and were not answering their '0-24' support phone so I had to bother other guest to open door for me at 4am in the morning. Place has bed bugs and me and my friend got severely bitten. If you can by any chance avoid this place, please do so. I am very generous at writting reviews but this was very bad experience

Staff was pleasant and location is well connected to the city center.

Good for value, but very dirty
    • Double or Twin Room

The room toilet was incredibly dirty, death insects, and butterfly on the windows and on the floor. Also the bed give a feeling of dirty, specially the towels.

very good value for money

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

6.0
    Well, not the best place, but what we found was expected.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was very, very, very dirty, full of dead insects and we had to clear them by ourselves. There was a smell of an old house. There was no fridge. The air-condition was hardly doing anything. The Internet was just normal as for Hungary - slow with very slow upload.

The location is near a big park. The parking was free. The place was quiet and green outside. We had a good sleep there. And the girl at the desk and the woman at the office were kind and helpful.

At least it has a security code the front door in order to...
    • Double or Twin Room

The worst hotel I have ever stayed.Dirty room,uncomfortable bed and uncomfortable pillows.Also there was ded bees in the window and dead in the bathroom.

At least it has a security code the front door in order to enter the building.

There are much better lodgings for money in the city, provided you don't book too late (like I did)
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel is generally neglected and extremely dirty. The furniture is old and beds are pretty uncomfortable (the mattresses must be as old as the building).

Relatively good location, not too noisy.

The room was in basement and it was very dirty.
    • Economy Double Room - with bathroom

The room was in basement and it was very dirty. I am not even sure that sheets was clean. We came very late in the night after long journey so only because of that we stayed there. We got a wrong code to a door so when we come back we could’t enter to room and nobody answer the phone.

Highly recommended.
    • Double or Twin Room

Smoking area near the elevator.

Great experience! Location is excellent -right at the center. Crew is awesome, attentive, helpful and professional. Great breakfast. Highly recommended! I know I will recommend them to my friends. Eyal

If roughing it in a large city is to your liking, this property is for you!
    • Economy Double Room - with bathroom

Soap, no washing up soap to be found. While the room sufficed, it seemed like it may often function as a catch-all room, as I noted the remnants of broken light bulbs in the wardrobe. No air conditioning nor fan, would not look forward to a night's stay during a much hotter day. Strange also that I received a note that I had my reservation cancelled which registered upon arrival to Budapest. When I arrived at the property, the front desk asked me to see the room first. Since I had no plan "B" I took the room as is with the little surprises already noted.

A very inexpensive place to lay my head for one night. It was a no frills experience that worked my travel this time. The WiFi internet worked fine which was probably the best element of my entire experience. Sufficiently stocked in toilet paper too.

Bed bugs please beware
    • Deluxe Room

This place is filthy, external grounds are not mantained, broken furniture in reception area, the place had drunkards and squatters loitering and drinking outside, aircondition was not working, shower cubicle was leaking and residents were banging doors at night. I was beaten by Bed bugs all night and had to leave to took for another place the following day despite having booked 2 nights. I will never book this place AGAIN.

This place is a joke, needs serious attention.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Nightmare!
    • Double or Twin Room

They hired a cery good photography and Photoshop specialist. Based on photos I expected no luxury but modest and clean room. Reality od stinky, dirty room with disgusting filthy bathroom. The bed linen was dirty and stinky and we had someone's hair in the bed! The się conditioner was present but of course not working. Walls and ceiling covered with dust and spiderwebs. Card payment was impossible and we had to look for the cash machine. Guests were making noise all night long. The odour of cigarettes everywhere. Embarrassing and disgusting experience.

Nothing was OK!

Dirty bedsheet, the bathroom was dirty too and we almost...
    • Double or Twin Room

Dirty bedsheet, the bathroom was dirty too and we almost couldn't close the bathroom door. The only good thing what I can tell about this place is a girl who was standing at the reception.

Never going back again.
    • Economy Double Room - with bathroom

Everything was old and dirty, host offered as a room that was like a shoe box and when we said no, he offered us a "normal" room that was at least possible to come in to and looked something like the pictures. However he also charged us more.

Nothing really.

Horrible experience. Unhealthy, ugly and disgusting room. Never ever again. Do avoid this place.
    • Economy Double Room - with bathroom

-room was very wet -towels were wet -mould is on the walls -windows cant be open -old and almost broken beds -spider webs everywhere -wall plasters and paint is falling off -hotel hallways dirty, full of broken stuff -everywhere you look you see just a dirt -the place stings, I have thrown away my pyjamas I hope I will forget I was ever here. I wish I was sleeping in my car or in the park than here.

The lady on the reception was quite helpful
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was small and dirty, the bed sheet was dirty so we had to change it by ourselves as there was no cleaning staff available. We could hardly close the window as it was so old or broken, so we had a continuous fear that someone will rob us out while we are away as the room was on the ground floor. The towels were wet and absorbing 0 water, low quality. The walls were dirty. You can hear everything from the other room. The receptionist was always away, there was a phone number to call, but most of the times not answering. Thanks God we stayed only 2 nights. I payed like 49 euros for 2 nights but worht 0.

The lady on the reception was quite helpful

Disgusting place.
    • Double or Twin Room

Dirty rooms, the bad was terrible old staff in the room and the bed it was uncomfortable. We need to ask the reception to clean the room. In 5 days just 1 time have cleaning and bad sheet changing. Terrible. Corridors looking like nobody clean years ago. I didn't recommend for nobody. I am not paying the amount what the booking show for me becouse they calculate whatever they want.

Frendly helpful reception staff.

Unclean place with great WiFi.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Room wasn't cleaned at all. Bed had breadcrumbs inside. Sheets were not changed from previous guests. Floor was full of dirt. Bathroom was disgusting. Hallways were stuffed with old furniture. Everything is dated.

Perfect WiFi, friendly stuff

NEVER AGAIN
    • Double or Twin Room

The most horrible "hotel" I've ever been. Old and crappy. Smelly rooms, dirty. The carpet was coming off. The AC wasn't working. Electricity cables hanging loose. Not to mention the "bed" which shouldn't be named a bed. No proper blanket and pillow. Very noisy, a dog from the neighbours kept me awake all night. I paid 105 euros for 4 nights but left after one night because it was so terrible. Wanted to pay by credit or bankcard but it wasn't possible. Strange in my opinion! Waste of money!

Close to train station but a dated property.
    • Double or Twin Room

Wifi did not work at all when I was there and really was relying on it on this particular date to find out how to get to where my tour was departing from. Noone is ever at reception so I called to ask them to try fix it and no one did anything so ended up sitting waiting for about 40 mins then just ended up leaving. English isn’t strong here. The place is pretty run down and old, not quite worth the price I paid for one night, but okay if you need to be close to the train station and a place to just stop for the night. Had an okay sleep as it was pretty quiet. No soap or anything in bathrooms so very basic.

Close to train station. Close to restaurants and a small supermarket. Nice restaurant directly opposite reception/entrance and a supermarket/grocer directly across the street at lights.

Deluxe room... Just kidding!
    • Deluxe Room

1. The "parking space" is just a possibility to park on the street. 2. The hostel and the room were dirty and neglected . 3. Leaflets for tourists at the reception desk are outdated (6+ months at least) 4. The air-conditioner is FAKE (only a fan, without cooling), and the remote (which was also gross and filthy) did not even work properly. 5. There was no table (no place to eat or put anything) despite it had been shown in the pictures (the "Deluxe room"). 6. Uncomfortable bed with stained sheets. 7. Slow wi-fi working approx. 50% of the time.

The hostel's location is fine - within a walking distance from some of the Budapest's attractions and also near metro and bus station so it is easy to commute. Also sun blocking curtains were very useful.

Almost nothing but at least the ac was working
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was broken and the mattress was so old, spring came out from there. the pillow had no foam inside. inside the room bulb was broken. In the toilet there was no soap. so badly maintained. The doorknob was broken.

Almost nothing but at least the ac was working

Very bad experience, not clean
    • Double or Twin Room

Overpriced for what it offered. The room was old and not clean. The walls were dirty and full of stains, the bathroom the same. The bedding looked used and old, didn't feel confortable at all, I am not sure how clean they were. The front desk is not 24hours, so when we arrived from the concert, we didn't have anyone to ask for other linens. We couldn't pay by card, even though on their page it says they accept card( the explanation was the POS was not working, but I am not sure they had one). The pictures look way better than the reality, I don't recommend this pension to anyone.

The only good thing about this pension is that was 10-15min walk from the Sports Arena.

Get what you paid for
    • Double or Twin Room

The place wasn't clean at all but we kind off knew what to expect from booking reviews. The bed sheets were ok but still we used our own. The windows were very dirty, old and i think thar the curtains were never washed. The bathroom was quite old hence a lot if dirt gathered there but ok in the end (we cleaned our self). The towels were ok, clean.

Cheap; close to the market; nearby buses for almost all directions (close from the location to city center by bus); quiet place; lots of trees on the street; touristic map at the location and discounts for attractions (we used one at Hard rock cafe) Great city, lots of attractions, nice people, great night life.

NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!

NEVER GO THERE! The smell in non-smoking room was like in ashtray. There was ashes on the floor together with other rubbish. It seems that floor was not cleaned for a very long time. The same with the bed-clothes. There was many hair and the bed-clothes did not seem clean. We booked room for three people but bed was prepared for two. When we came to ask to prepare for the third people there was not people in reception. We called and a girl just said that she is not in a hotel and can not help. We ask a telephone number for someone else that could help, but she said that nobody can do this. There was no hot water and an electricity in the morning. The reception looks awful - flowers are dried up, crumbs on the table... There wasn't a possibility to pay by cash. And they do not let you to go to a room to leave all your stuff if you did not pay yet. Please, never go there!!!

I did not expect that booking.com could suggest such a hole! There was nothing to like at all!!! Read all the coments before going there and NEVER GO! I have no idea where they got letters HOTEL to put on that house!

If you want the cheapest room, you will have the lowest standards.
    • Economy Single Room - with bathroom

It was the most disgusting room I have ever slept, but it was the cheapest for that day, there was bed, the room has shower and toilet and I survived, so......

It has good location and nice staff.

the only good thing was the location and maybe the reception...

the room was dirty , the bathroom was extra dirty , at the reception they didn't know what kind of room we booked , the wall was very thin , every word from the neighbor room could be heard , and the most extreme thing was that the pension stopped the electricity at night in the room !!!

the only good thing was the location and maybe the reception girl , she was kind ...

Looks ugly but isn't totally uncomfortable

All the property and the furniture is decrepit and looks like is about to fall apart. And you can hear all your neighbors' fracases.

Looks ugly but isn't totally uncomfortable

Price (30€) is overrated for this place
    • Double or Twin Room

It is a miracle such a place still is working. Our first room was with a steady smell of smoking (although they dont smoke inside) and linen was full of hairs. The second room was cleaner but nevertheless with a lack of linen freshness. Upon my asking of additional cover i was presented with a blanket as if taken from under a dog, as it was plenty of hairs! I dont say about "the kitchen", on which they lack even an electric pot and you are supposed to boil water with microwave oven.

Price (30€) is overrated for this place

Nothing, the low price does not justify the dirtiness and...

Everything The worst place in the earth Do not book at all, rather sleep in the car

Nothing, the low price does not justify the dirtiness and the careless of the place

A disaster! I do not recommend to anyone!
    • Standard Quadruple Room

After spending a day in the cold I expected to find a warm room, but surprise, the room was up to 160 C. The blankets on the beds were very thin, only graciously were acceptable fall or spring. I go to reception and request a blanket, but it communicates that it is the policy of the pension, only cots and heat is through its network of district heating, without being able to do anything about it. In general dirt room carpet, walls and curtains. I understood they were old, but they were filthy can not understand. I requested a room for 4 people, two single beds with mattress adjacent derelict and one bed a old mobile to let you watch all the way into room carpet.

The only good thing is that I slept under a roof, lying horizontally and not at the rail station or in the car ...

Very cheap location still called as a hotel with private rooms with a bath inside
    • Economy Single Room - with bathroom

I have been stalked by the German cars for past 5 years and there are always German cars parked at my accommodation from Romania to Ireland. And it was so at Hotel Carmen. A German car was parked outside for proving my situation. And I contacted police about their stalking. Also, their registration paper got a fishy "mother's name" instead of "family name" asking. How many people ask mother's name in the tourist registration form instead of middle or family name? This happened second time in Hungary after contacting Helpers.HU. I sent the photo copy to the police also as some kinds of the evidence of what has been happening to me. The location is still far from the city center and it needs bus/tram ticket (300-350HUF) x 2 for the transportation. But it was still cheaper for the overall costs than staying in the city center. It was far away and sometimes the buses are crowded. My room door got strange burnt marks and the hinges are all cut for unknown reason. The basement room window got a crack in the middle to look like spooky house image for the Halloween time. Also, some people were making noise at night near the window as if for the invasion. At least, nothing was stolen there.

Despite that the location is far from the city center with the tourist attractions, the hotel is not far from the tram and the bus stops. There are some buses heading to the city center directly just around the corner from the hotel. Metro stations are not far away, neither. Also, there are few restaurants and a grocery store near these bus stops.

the accomodaton was horrible, the Budapest city was really beautifull.
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was so dirty, bed linen has cigarette smell, the door in the bathroom doesn't closed.Curtain was with holes and dirty.It was hear all noises and speaches behind the wall.

The location is really good, not so far from a center.

Room was spaces and and WI FI was fair, that was the only...

I am not coming back there. The place is dirty and falling apart. Beds were extremely uncomfortable.

Room was spaces and and WI FI was fair, that was the only good thing.

All the building is very dirty.
    • Double or Twin Room

All the building is very dirty. The room seemed like there wasn't any cleaning done for a very long time, all the floor in the room and bath was filthy, there were huge spider webs on the ceiling, the bathroom door was not closing, the towels were ragged and dirty and the bed was very uncomfortable .

• Double or Twin Room

Pansion and room has bad smell, beds are uncomfortable bcs you literraly sleep on wires as you can feel them on your body, disaster really. Off 3 receptionist neither is speaking English and they dont even salute you when you enter and leave the pansion. Verry dissapoointed. Also is vey far from the center,arnd 5.5km and subway is arnd 1.5km away

The only thing we like was parking nearby.

The receptionist was trying his best to satisfy us.

They did not have the booking in their system. We were almost kicked out. The receptionist called the owner and he didn't care at all. I would not recommend this place because you might end up without accommodation in the city.

The receptionist was trying his best to satisfy us.

No no no!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Missing shower door, someone forgot to hoover the carpet, no soap on the sink ( on the pictures you could see soap placed on the sink) window curtains need washing immediately, very uncomfortable bed

Basically only location was good and the fact that reception...
    • Double or Twin Room

The place is super old, like it hasn't been renovated in like 100 years, bed was horrible, you could feel the springs inside, good that we came in the middle of the night so I didn't have to look at the room... Horrible! Horror movie!

Basically only location was good and the fact that reception is open 24h.

I will never return in this hotel again. Budapest is fantastic!
    • Double or Twin Room

The sheets look odl, ditry and unsteedy. The towels same . Room look like a old public room. The price is very low but not enough. I accepted the room just becouse I was very tired.

The stuf are friendly, and is very easy to get in downtown.

I stayed 1 night.
    • Double or Twin Room

The overall condition of the hotel and room are very basic, really old style. The room has basic equipment which are in very used condition. So your expectation do not be too high from this hotel. Good for temporary 1-2 days sleeping or if you have to wait for transit. Bathroom is worst, I felt I really do not want to have a shower. Be aware of the payment also. On the Bookin.com you see the price in EUR, but at the hotel you have to pay in HUF. That days the EUR/HUF CURRENCY was ~304 huf/eur and they charged me 320 huf/eur. This is overcharged amount. BE AWARE OF THIS

I stayed 1 night. the location was good for my purpose. low-budget hotel.

miserable
    • Economy Double Room - with bathroom

I have not slept in a worse place so far and I don't recommend anyone to book this hotel. The room was in the basement, dirty and not cozy at all; the bed sheets and the towels looked like they were not washed.

Free Parking The young guys at the reception was friendly

Horrible, NOT RECOMMENDED, price is too big for this kind of place.
    • Economy Double Room - with bathroom

Terrible environment. Not clean. On the window there was a hanging dirty (never washed) curtain. Even the prisoners live in better environments. There was nothing that i liked. For this kind of room for one day and night i had to pay 24 euros. The administrator refused to give cash payment check. Give me the check after understanding that there is no other way to get away from that situation.

Wi-fi

It's a good place to sleap in, when you are busy all day long.
    • Economy Double Room - with bathroom

- not so clean bedsheets; - old beds, they make a lot of noise when you turn in them; - or they had problems with the electricity or they intentionally cut the power during daytime, but I couldn't charge my electronics during daytime, only at night;

+ the staff was very friendly and nice, they even recommended good restaurants around the pension; + the bus station was just around the corner; + the bathroom had a big window, easy to ventilate; + clean toilet, clean shower cabin; - free parking , but you need to find a free spot on the street, or the sidewalk, which could problematic if the pension is full; + the pension has a kitchen, they even let you order food and eat it there, or prepare something yourself; + they have a corner with 10% (+-) coupons for museums, stores and other facilities; + stores around the pensions, even a restaurant with only fish food, but there are other restaurants too not so far away; + relatively cheap for 1 person / night;

Good value for money.

Dirty hall ways. Not fully secured parking. But alright! Parking right in front of the property / on the property.

Good value for money, good location, parking. It served the purpose well.

In one word Disappointment !
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was really bad. The bed was a sponge and the thickness of sponge was so thin. So it was uncomfortable. The sheets and towels smell bad. Generally bad quality low price so I can understand all these negativenesses. I already booked that room knowingly. But I can not understand how can a hotel accept guests when there is huge cleaning in the whole building and how can a receptionist can ask from their guests come to their rooms after 7 pm. Sum up I do not recommend anyone this Pension.

The only thing that I can say positive is that the old air conditioner was working better than I expected. That's all!

Parking free of charge.
    • Double or Twin Room

Disgusting, uncomfortable bed. Unclean bathroom, hair in the shower. Broken bathroom door (couldn't close it). Dirty curtains and towels. Not enough parking places next to the hotel so we had to park on the street.

Parking free of charge. Not bad localization. Kind man on the reception desk.

It was pretty easy to get to the Sziget Festival from this...
    • Economy Double Room - with bathroom

When we got there we were given the key to a room and they said that we can check out the room before paying. The room was very dark, barely above ground, there was only a tiny opaque window. The bathroom was horrible and the bathroom light didn't even work. Also, there was a disgusting smell in the whole basement. We asked for a different room, and they said that we have to pay 20 Euros extra for the other room available. They gave us the key to the new room, which was definitely better than the basement, so we accepted, but it was not worth the extra money at all. That's how they get you. The sheets were disgusting, they had stains on them which we didn't notice at first and the towels were terrible, we were glad brought our own. Overall, terrible services.

It was pretty easy to get to the Sziget Festival from this location.

Never go there again

See the above

bed .matress was horrible. They gave me a poor exchange rate on the Euro so I had to pay 5% extra for my 2 night lodging. Room was very small. Bathroom was tiny. One small window high above my head. My room was in the basement. Very poor value for the amount charged.

Dirty & noisy
    • Double or Twin Room

The noises were really annoying, I was waken up sever times each night by the telephone ringing at the reception, some girl talking and laughing at 2AM, guests checking in in the middle of the night. You'll hear every single noise and conversation. The room itself was small and dirty, anything I touched was sticky. There is a shared kitchen, but it's so dirty, that you'd better not use it.

Free parking near the stairs of the pension or on the street. Very close to the bus station. The guys from the reception are easy-going and friendly.

The pension is in a good neighborhood, not too far from the...
    • Economy Double Room - with bathroom

- The pension has just 4 parking spots, if there all spots are taken you have to park on the sidewalk; - The view in the backyard is not the best; - The room is ok when we speak about space but should be a little more cleaner, bathroom as well.

The pension is in a good neighborhood, not too far from the city center and the staff is nice.

Don't stay here it's Awful
    • Economy Double Room - with bathroom

The lack of cleanliness overall. Is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in yet somehow quite pricey for the region

There was plenty of parking space outside the hotel.

Bad even for that price. Don't recommend
    • Deluxe Room

It was very dirty. Towels had spots and smelled bad, bathroom was unclean, no one cleaned the room the second day so we didn't had clean towels and wc paper. There was only one AC remote control in the hotel so you should make comfortable temperature and give it back to the reception.

Despite of the fact that we had the best room the only good things about that hotel were guys at reception and location: shop, restaurant and bus station are 50m away

Easy access to city center and nice surroundings of the...
    • Double or Twin Room

Bed could have been better and I missed a chair or two in the room.

Easy access to city center and nice surroundings of the hotel. Grocery store, pharmacy, good restaurant, shop with fruits, a bus stop, a post office - all in the immediate vicinity of the hotel.

Worst room I have ever been into.
    • Double or Twin Room

First of all, the room and the furniture were not clean at all. We stayed there for 3 days and my wife got bug bites on her leg. Also, the electric socket and the switcher are in the bathroom (they are supposed to be outside of it for safety reasons). There was also a drain pipe at the ceiling which was making annoying noises all the time. In addition, the walls and the door were so thin that we could hear everything from the reception desk which was exactly outside our room. Lastly, the staff was neither helpful or polite. I didn't like it at all.

Very good price per quality ratio, kind personnel, good...
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Some parts of the hotel should be repaired

Very good price per quality ratio, kind personnel, good position, suitable for young people who need only a bed :-)

Staying at Carmen Pension
    • Double or Twin Room

Bathrooms in rooms nr 16 i 26 were is a very a bad state, shower base very rusty. In general very poor conditions.

Staff very friendly, they speak English and German.

Basement room at Carmen Pension
    • Economy Double Room - with bathroom

very week explanation on the website that room is in the basement, big disappointment. plenty of hairs in the bed when we check in. shower drain was blocked.

close to my place which was purpose of my visit Budapest. We were glad that is summer and we can only use our room to sleep and take shower, otherwise will be difficult.

Close to many buses, good value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

The huge noise around the Hotel, quite bad area. In the advert was written that the room has airconditioning, but wasn't in that room where we stayed!

Close to many buses, good value for money. The receptionist was a very cool guy!

Bus line 7, 110 and 112 stopped outside the hotel.
    • Economy Single Room - with bathroom

This singel-room is situated right below the reception. Whenever they moved it was a clear noice in the room. Hard bed.

Bus line 7, 110 and 112 stopped outside the hotel. 2 blocks away was the tram-station ande the railwaystation.

Nice room, friendly receptionists
    • Double or Twin Room

Far away from city center. Pretty bad neighborhood to walk at night in. Parking is free because this is not a tourist area.

Nice room, friendly receptionists

We had an excellent stay for they money we paid. One of the rooms was at 5+ level, the other at <3.

The other room we booked into was below basic - no chair, both beds in horrible condition (good for practicing yoga), could have been cleaner.

One of the rooms we booked into was above expectation - large, comfy, well positioned.

Good choice if you prefer resersch Budaoest.
    • Double or Twin Room

It is needed hotel reconstruction at first rooms furniture, doors of rooms, missing lift.

Very good public connection with the center of city, 3 buses line interval 10 min. Than continue with trams, metro. It is possible to get any part of Budapest in short time from this hotel. God value for money.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Without any facilities
    • Economy Double Room - with bathroom

Without any facilities. No cups, no any kitchen, even there is no water for make tea or coffee. Room in basement, very warm. Too higher price for the hostel.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Free car parking at the streets.

we booked for 2 nights stay here but we only stayed 1 night. Unfortunately, the staffs are not very friendly and helpful. The place looks not well maintained and very old. Beds are too soft and some of the beds were broken. Only 1 soft pillow were given. Rooms are quite cold and heating are unavailable. The 3 star ratings of this property are misleading as we found it is significantly below average.

Free car parking at the streets.

Parking
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Property needs serious renewal. Everything was very old and shabby. One receptionists English was very poor (girl). First, also did not wanted to accept card payment, although in Booking.com it is stated, that they have a card payment option.

Parking

Very good localization, close to Hungexpo, and park.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Room was very dirty, curtains were grey from dust. Room smells weird not pleasant. There was supposed be available kitchen and there was only microwave oven, n chance to get boiling water for tea.

Very good localization, close to Hungexpo, and park.

Big nice room with window to the garden - excellent!

Big nice room with window to the garden - excellent! The staff was very friendly and helpful. Free parking is a good option, too. Thank you for our stay, we enjoyed it!

• Economy Double Room - with bathroom

The room was very basic which should be still fine but it was dirty...from the walls to the curtain and wardrobe. I wiped the shelves and the cloth I used was black. The bed was uncomfortable. There was no bedside table/lamp...only two lamps on the ceiling and only one of them working! It was not possible to close the bathroom door, the wall-to-wall carpet was poorly fitted...I was certain I would have done a better job. The whole place needs complete refurbishment! Also, only cash was accepted whilst booking confirmation stated that all card payment was fine. Lots of room for improvement!!

The only positive about this property was its location. Wifi did work ok too.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Big, cold room.

We had to ask for soap and extra pillows. We were cold during the night. Heating and air conditioner weren't working. Furniture and carpets were dated and looked dirty and heavily used.

The house is nice.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

If you love being exhausted in the morning, choose this hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

- The room and bathroom weren't very clean - The interior if the hotel seems old and worn - The bed is just appalling, old mattresses with springs that are completely deformed. Sleeping on them is almost impossible without being dead drunk. - The doors and everything is very loose so you can hear everything that happens in the corridor. If you have a room near the entrance, you will not sleep for a bit. Unless it is an emergency or you want to achieve personal growth through suffering, I cannot recommend this hotel.

- WiFi worked well - No bedbugs - We survived - Nothing got stolen

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

The bed was terrible, there was something they said was a...
    • Double or Twin Room

The bed was terrible, there was something they said was a mattress but it was bunch of springs. They should actually pay you to stay there. The pansion is overrated. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Browse Carmen Pension traveller photo gallery