Reviews of Hotel City Swing 3 stars

#327 of 344 hotels in Budapest

5.7

5.7

5.5

Great place if you only want to get few hours of sleep while the train passes by every 5 minutes.
    • Double or Twin Room

Our room was not clean before nor during our stay. The beds were terrible and old. The bathroom was missing basic things like toilet paper... Literally in front of the hotel is the train stop and it's very loud.

It's right by the river and there is food places surrounding it.

UNSAFE! Bad experience! Big THIEVES!!!!
    • Double or Twin Room

Wow! A lot of things :) First of all, when I arrived the man at the front desk was far from welcoming. The rooms are miserable but what’s more important: UNSAFE!!! You need to leave the keys behind whenever you go out then. Very easy to get from the reception- they won t even ask your name or identity when you ask for the keys. Somebody got inside the room and 150 euro and 50 ron was pulled out of my wallet that was hide through the clothes from the closet. When i said that to the reception ,the man from staff did not seem surprised at all, which also proves by others reviews as a practice, so management of valuables needs big attention in this “ hotel”

The only positive thing is that is very close to the centre and good connected with public transportation- the tramp stop is just in front of the hotel. The metro station is one stop away

the hotel is in such a good location , walking distance from...
    • Double or Twin Room

We were told that breakfast came with this , NOT TRUE! We were given a 5euro. Each per day added cost ... ridiculous !! Also no shuttle bus was provided to the airport , staff said they had a bad relationship with the travel company...not my fault

the hotel is in such a good location , walking distance from most big attractions and also near the river which crosses over to Buda

Not a great place but really cheap
    • Double or Twin Room

Toilet was not clean enough. Handwash was there in the shower, presumably to wash body and hair. Towels were frayed. Twin beds but tiny. TV didn't work. Don't know if there was any WiFi. Didn't see any.

They kept the words and provided us with a quiet room as I requested one. The hotel was empty and the lights were off. But they came up as walked, as they had sensors. The staff were friendly. The hotel was clean. However they were slightly drab and gloomy. The room was terribly basic. As the location is not bad and the cost is really low, so might stay there again.

Please do not put valuables in the room. It is dangerous.
    • Double or Twin Room

I lost money in the suitcase of my room during my stay. It is dangerous to put your valuables in the room in this hotel. Cleaning of the room during stay was somewhat frustrating.

Just before the tram stop hotel

some good points but not to be repeated
    • Double or Twin Room

Lift was as old as Methusela and sometimes would not function. Ditto with doors leading to it... Whole place quite unacceptably dirty except bathroom which was sparkly clean. I threw away the socks i used walking around as they were too filthy to put back in my port. Most staff members behind the desk were from grumpy to obstructive. Big exception was the charming and intelligent student who was endlessly helpful as well as informative!

good wifi and reasonable location for walking about old town and up and down Danube. for a very old building quite good and easy to regulate air-con and renovated bathroom close by small supermarket and not far to big ones. great little sidewalk restaurants just around the corner in leafy street with next to no traffic One of the staff was an absolute delight: helpful and gloriously well educated (clearly putting himself through uni with a part time job in the hotel) and willing to fill me in on obscure points of history, politics, culture etc across many centuries and with a world centric viewpoint. He kept me learning more as we waited together for the shuttle bus to the airport. Did not fit in with other staff members.....sadly!

OK for a budget hotel?
    • Double or Twin Room

The mattress was so thin that I used a spare duvet to lay upon for comfort. There was a bit of noise from other guests, but that can happen in any hotel. The wifi seemed to be sporadic.

The location may not look great but it is actually very convenient, with Tram line 2, a Metro station and a convenience shop just nearby. Check in was easy and it was no problem to leave luggage after check out.

Attention is a necessary hotel in management of valuables.
    • Double or Twin Room

Someone got inside the room and 250 Euro was pulled out of the wallet that was in the suitcase. When I said that to the reception, I was told to put valuables and money in the front safety box. Management of valuables is a hotel that needs attention. &quot

A tram is conveniently-located immediately in front of the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

Let me put it this way. This hotel is very old and needs some TLC, it looks like it hasn’t been refurbished since 80s’. But if you are not royalty and want to stay for couple of nights it’s ok. We spent there 2 nights, bed was clean towels as well. In the room 53 we did not have any WiFi, but we got connection in the reception to check nearby attractions. As we checked out we had to withdrawal cash as terminal got broken. But it’s not end of the world. We have read some reviews before, so we knew what to expect. We stayed at the third floor and there are no lifts. We would not recommend it to elderly. It’s better to double check if they have rooms on lower floors if so, as corridors are quite narrow and stairs steep.

Good value. Great location. Quiet most of the time. Great free breakfast.
    • Double or Twin Room

Having to pay in euros at check out instead of using my credit card.

Free breakfast. Our house keeper was fabulous. Location location location. The breakfast ladies were really nice. Rooms were spacious.

It's OK if you need just to spend a night there. Good location and appropriate service for its money
    • Double or Twin Room

I placed an additional request for a parking lot at the hotel and they promised to provide it to me in their garage for an extra pay of 8 Euro + 4 Euro for the next half-day. Upon my arrival they said that there is no space in the garage, so I spent some unpleasant time trying to solve the parking problems in the night in a city I never been before, without local cash and local language. I got no help on this from the guy at the reception at the night (but another guy in the morning was much more friendly and helpful and then also helped to get back some my staff I left at the room after the checkout, so I really appreciate that)

• Double or Twin Room

Unbalanced table in the room Lamp not working properly Noise from the neighborhood No respect of no smoking policy by staff Breakfast I was informed that i could pay in british pounds when the card terminal only allow payment in huf and euros, that made me an additional cost of exchange rate and bank fees

It was near to the centre and the river.
    • Double or Twin Room

It was extremly noisy from the traffic, it was all night long; a little bit dirty in the bathroom. The shower holder was broken. And the staff on the reception didn't let us pay with credit card. Also there was no lift.

It was near to the centre and the river. Only that !!

Personel was not helpfull - I called earlier to tell that I...
    • Double or Twin Room

Personel was not helpfull - I called earlier to tell that I will arrive late at night, but they reacted as if it was unexpected and as if I offended them... It was warm spring night and air con was turned on to maximum warming, so we came in into a sauna. The bathroom was shabby and smelly.

Affordable, warm and comfortable.
    • Double or Twin Room

WiFi was poor at best. Fine if on holiday but as it was a work trip it wasn't sufficient. However it's easy to purchase Telecom access for approximately one euro per day which works 100%. Great idea.

Very quiet place. No problem getting a good night sleep.

poor hotel not 3*, it’s more 1*
    • Double or Twin Room

there was no soap no shampoo, how was in pictures it wasnt like that. price is too expensive for this hotel. poor Wifi

was warm and bed was good, room was big, location is good for transport and supermarkets and also exchanges.

I have mixed feelings

The night shift receptionist was not polite and he changed our triple bedroom into 2 rooms - single and double - without any consultation, he just said "I don't have anything else, take it or ..." and added "these things happen". I am not angry because of this little change, but because of the rude form the situation was explained to us. Also bathroom was not clean, I've found hairs in my bed under pillow and bed sheets were white and yellow.

The guy on reception the next day was really helpful and for breakfast were really good sausages. We paid 5 euro less because they cancelled the air conditioner fee (out of season). We could use the luggage storage in the hotel, which was really useful, as we wanted to see the city and then take our train.

I never ever recommend this hotel to anybody, i am really wondering, how they got 3 stars status
    • Double or Twin Room

towels, sheets and pillow cases are not clean, there was hair in bed. it looks like house keeping not exist at all. the bathroom was not small, but I got angry when I saw that the soap for the shower was in a bottle (type of industrial use) on the floor in the shower, and it was not disposable. last surprise was that they add air conditioner to the bill despite that i even was not supplied with air conditioner remote control device. i didn't used AC at all. when I expressed dissatisfaction, I was told that it's just that we have such rules, complain to the booking, and when I demanded to see their manager, my request was ignored. I paid as per their bill in cash, because they dont accept cards, and i got receipt after payment, not before. my name was written instead of me, which is absolutely unacceptable way...

Location and assistance to print out bus schedules.

Easily accessible/ok for a night only/dont expect anything fancy
    • Double or Twin Room

The shower didnt feel nice... Everything seems to be old... Can be improved

Well, considering the location, it was very accessible. I think its more like a 2.5 star rated hotel. If you plan on staying for a night or two, then its ok...

The reception staff or owner was not that kind so it was bad...
    • Double or Twin Room

The reception staff or owner was not that kind so it was bad for me. And my room was on like a forth floor, but there is no elevator. It was awful. And the hotel is really old. I'm not recommend

• Double or Twin Room

This is completely substandard to the discript_ion on Booking.com webpage. Find below few exemples: 1- Unsafe (ref. picture of the loose window handle). 2- Broken equipment - not functioning (ref. frige not closing and not cooling. Phone not functioning with missing cable). 3- Generally dirty and very neglected (ref. stainet corridor carpet and even curtains with holes). 4- Very poorly functional air-conditioner.

Great location and easy to find.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Parking is available for free until 8am. I wish the reception told us that, they just said to park out front and we woke up to a $25 ticket. In addition, the room was on the 4th floor, very hard to get to...walking through small halls, no lights. If you have a lot of luggage this is a huge turnoff. Last but not least, cleanliness is not their strong suit.

Great location and easy to find.

Uniqueness of rooms and friendly staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

Poor air conditioning. The window opened out onto a smoking terrace that people were using so in order to get any cool breeze/to cool the room, you would often get the smell of smoke.

Uniqueness of rooms and friendly staff.

Good place for visiting city.
    • Double or Twin Room

No parking, only information about public garages. During night big noise from outside, no air conditioning. No lift.

Good location for trips around town, tram station in front of hotel, only a few hundred meters from the metro. A little bit of the Danube, really in the center. Good price.

I liked the staff.
    • Double or Twin Room

I didn't like the smell of linen and towels. The room was dirty (somebody's hair everywhere as if nobody cleaned it).

I liked the staff. They were friendly, woke me up at 5 o'clock as I asked, called a taxi. Gave advice, answered all my questions.

exactly what it said on the tin!
    • Double or Twin Room

Very old hotel and needs a bit of TLC. You had to pay a deposit for the remote control and the air conditioning control. Stair carpets worn although the hotel was clean and tidy. Noise of the trams every night outside the window were very loud. maybe a complete interior decoration may be in order. However could not fault the staff.

pleasant service and a god breakfast offering. Transport right outside the door and walkable into the centre within about 15-20 minutes.

Location on main tram 4/6 route.
    • Double or Twin Room

Lots of stairs to my room. Overlooking tram route and half way through the stay, they disappeared and there were buses replaceing them for about 12 days.

Location on main tram 4/6 route.

nothing special, but good value for money, old small hotel,...
    • Double or Twin Room

nothing special, but good value for money, old small hotel, not far from centre of the city. No big issue, but everything is old and not so clean. There are shops , restaurants nearby and in 10 min walk you are in metro, which will take you anywehere

No air conditioning in 38 degrees
    • Double or Twin Room

Pillows need replacing, the toilet seat needs replacing. There is plenty of room for setting up tea and coffee facilities as there are none. No water or milk in fridge in room or jug. Small things mean a lot. No air conditioning in rooms was 38degrees. 70 and 75 year olds had to lug their bags up four lots if stairs. One gentleman on reception was very obliging.

The breakfast was good.

Please clean it better
    • Double or Twin Room

It was a bit dirty, and in the bathroom there was no place to put our things (no shelfs, just a small sink). Breakfast was not so good, sausages are not tasty and there is not a lot of choice (and it costs 5 euros...).

The bed was comfortable and the position of the hotel is good. The staff is nice.

Interesting building but needs renovation
    • Double or Twin Room

Solo traveller in a room for 4 people was a bit too much. Discovered that my toilet was leaking but according to the receptionist there was nobody who could fix it and impossible to put me into another room.

The building is outdated and worn out but with amazing architecture. Can imagine what it used to be maybe 20-30 years ago.

Look elsewhere
    • Double or Twin Room

The room was opposite the tram stop with trams running every couple of minutes the whole room shook with vibration when a tram went past, so impossible to sleep. The room and hotel was very old. One towel had brown stains on it. The receptionist was not particularly friendly at check in, or with questions about air conditioning. I checked out early.

The hotel is fairly central, and easy to get to.

Location is pretty good: there are a lot of shops and cafes...
    • Double or Twin Room

The furniture is a little bit old and it's not very clean.

Location is pretty good: there are a lot of shops and cafes nearby, tramway station is just in front of the hotel, Danube River is in about 5 minutes of walk. The stuff is very nice: they let me keep the baggage at the reception for a couple of hours as I have a flight at 8pm.

the location was quite close to city center
    • Double or Twin Room

awful staff in the Reception, unwilling to help. the room was awfully dirty, the floor was sticky and there the bed sheets were dirty or lacking. We asked in the reservation for a double bed and we received a triple room. There was a suspicious smell in the room

the location was quite close to city center

Retro rooms in the heart Budapest
    • Double or Twin Room

There are no elevators so heavy luggage might be difficult to carry up to the rooms. (Luckily my room was in the 2nd floor)

It's location is amazing and is extremely close to the prime tourist sites. One can just walk up to the Liberty bridge in 18minutes.(I am a moderate speed walker)

Quite nice, but there's room for improvement.
    • Double or Twin Room

The staff has not been really friendly, I have been treated with coldness to say the least. Not all the pieces of information were clearly disclosed. The wifi signal was sometimes intermittent.

The hotel is comfy and it used to be luxurious, but it has shifted his policies towards a more massive tourism (though this did not significantly affect the quality of the service provided). The hotel is quite and ideal to rest.

We had generally good help from staff, except for the air con problem.
    • Double or Twin Room

They advertised air conditioning but all they had was circulating warm air. We were very disapointed with this. When we approached staff about this, nothing was done about it.

location to public transport. Free for over 70,s

The receptionist was very nice and give us a different room...
    • Double or Twin Room

Old and neglected hostel. After 3 pm room was not ready and the cleaning lady wanted to send us for a walk till she is finishing. Very basic and not clean rooms. No working ventilation or air conditioning in the rooms Expensive for the neighborhood and for the facility

The receptionist was very nice and give us a different room since the one we were given was not ready.

Ideal with small bags and backpacks
    • Double or Twin Room

No elevator, to reach a room on a higher floor you'd need to take several different stairs. If you have a backpack, not a big deal. But with huge or heavy suitcases, very difficult to maneuver.

Excellent location

disappointing
    • Double or Twin Room

The hotel does not offer parking. They do have some underground parking spaces for 8euro a day. The could say that on the hotel description. They also charge 10.000 forint guarantee for the remote control for the parking space but you will get the money back when you live(they take the money but dont give you a recipt or any document for that money, initialy i thought that the hotel employee scamed us for the money). The good thing is that the parking is one minute walk from the hotel. They also charge 10 euro guarantee for the TV remote control and another 10 euros guarantee for the AC remote control. The hotel has no elevator, just some narrow stairs. The rooms are very noise if you have street view. The tram line is 10m appart from the hotel. The furniture is extremly old and the chair and bed are very uncomfortable. The door does not stay closed without turning the key.

The hotel is relatively close to the center. It is though very close to the Danube. It is less then 5 min walk to Petofi Bridge and about 15min walk time to the nearest HOPON HOPOFF station. You cab buy the HOPON HOPOFF tickets directly from the hotel. The hotel staff are very kind and try to be professional considering the Hotel.

Economical place.
    • Double or Twin Room

I am not still sure if the staff was rude or just too serious. Via email everything was easy and fast. When in the hotel the communication was not very fluent.

Economical place. Good for staying in Budapest a couple of days.

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Ok for a Stag but that's about it.

The rooms, halls, toilets were dirty. Staff were rude and barely speak English. On top of that our bathroom door didn't close and I was sharing with another male as we were on a stag. So you can imagine.....

It was handy to the tram line and there was a shop next door which was handy as well. We were on a stag so it wasn't to bad as we went out at 10 and returned for a shower and went straight back out.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

You get what you pay for
    • Double or Twin Room

The manager greeted me on sight with a "Well... the thing is, we don't have hot water at the moment. Did you plan on using the shower?" The place is really rusty, and should be only booked as a "last resort" when travelling with family. A 25 year old television hardly warrants a three-star rating.

Location Price Recommended for solo male travelers and/or backpackers on a tight budget Food is probably very basic, but there are plenty of places nearby to grab a bite.

Awful staff, awful wifi.
    • Double or Twin Room

Awful staff, awful wifi. The receptionist hinted that I couldn't connect the wifi because of my nationality ( he said that people of my nationality always had problems with wifi while other guests had no problems) and refused to restart the router. Complete disrespect. However, later he finally did it. Very dirty rooms. Demanded extra fees for early arrival.

Never
    • Double or Twin Room

Dusty, used and abused, no elevator, a lot of noise from the street, and we had a group of young Scottish guys on our floor, who got drunk and partied until 6 in the morning, and nobody told them to keep it down.Haven't slept a bit. No hair dryer, just the holes in the wall where it was.Furniture was really damaged, the lamp was broken, the clock on the wall was broken. The carpet in the room was covered with wood flooring, they didn't even bother to remove de old dusty smelly carpet, and it can be seen underneath at the edges. TV is ONLY in Hungarian, and no remote, if you want the remote you have to deposit 10€! Wi-Fi sucks inside the rooms. They don't have parking! It's a lie! You have to pay at the parking metre or park in a private parking for 10-20 €/ 24h. My God it is so bad. I wonder how does it have 3*? It deserves maybe half of one. I feel like the app pushed me to book this junk because of the price, and best offer and stuff. I'm never doing this again. I'll be careful!

Close to the metro station and the city centre. The rooms are warm. The price was low.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The hotel is rather cheap and conveniently located near...
    • Double or Twin Room

The area is not particularly nice, with more sex shops far outnumbering nice restaurants and cafes (of which I didn't see any). The rooms were not very clean; I found quite a lot of dust and hair. The mattress was not comfortable and the WIFI was spotty. I wouldn't stay here again.

The hotel is rather cheap and conveniently located near public transport (tram and metro) as well as the Museum of Applied Arts.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

All in all, a good experience...

The lack of parking places. Normally, a hotel should provide for customers parking places for free. If not, they should announce in advance. Or give more information about parking system & prices in Budapest.

Almost everything.

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Acceptable
    • Double or Twin Room

1. Poor or no internet connection. 2. Old furniture. 3. Too much noise from the street.The windows are too old and are not closing 100%. At least in room 47. 4. The breakfast is very poor and the price is expensive.

Good attitude and good location. Good price. Good ambiental temperature.

A hotel in in a good place w a huge room for improvement in services
    • Double or Twin Room

I have requested a double room, queen size bed w single occupation; and got single room w single bed. No heating during the night, even if there is a considerable temperature drop in the room The management seems too careless about improvements, in spite of good potentials of the hotel

Located closely to tram & subway

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Very good value for the money
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe the traffic noise, but personally I didn't bother because of that.

Quite good location near the city center and the Danube. Nice staff and room, and very good value for the money, indeed.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Only location is good
    • Double or Twin Room

check out time is very early 10 am and check in very late at 2. Not so clean. 3 separate beds in room for two It was a bit coldish, and no idea hot to switch on hot. To get to our room was like moving through a labyrinth, should remember the way

The location of hotel is good, around 200 m is metro located, which takes you to city center in 3 stops. Around are a lot of shops and cafes and bars

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Complete rubbish

Most of the things. Very rude stuff. Booked and payed for a triple room, but got only a double room - I don't think its their business if only our parents stayed there. We didnt get what we payed for. Also we couldnt pay with szep kartya, which we didnt get notified about in advance. Luckily we had enough cash on us. No elevator, run down amenities, bad smell from nearby restaurant, no remote control for tv (which was the smallest of issues of course), bugs in the room, dirty sheets, even in winter very hot&humid in the rooms. My parents were happy to get out of the hotel first thing in the morning. Next time we will book at one of the nearby hotels which seem a bit more expensive but at least they are not complete rubbish.

The location only.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Search other hotel!
    • Double or Twin Room

Bad and noisy heating system! I reserved king size bed, and received 4 beds for one person. Dusty room, old dusty stained bed covers. Poor breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

City brake Budapest

The general astect is very "old" (not in the good way), but we went just for a weekend and we didn't stay too much in the hotel.

Very good location, with a lot of opportunities of transport ( tram, metro, bus). Because it was cold outside, the hotel was wery good heated.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Nice place for a rest in the night.
    • Double or Twin Room

It is nice place for one night. I was here one year ago and I liked it very much! But now I got the room that was quit, but not so comfortable. Yes, the staff try to make the rest of his guest nice (sofas on the floors, security man at the entrance in the night, etc), but... Maybe I simply was so tired... Nice place.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

The position of the hotel is close to the central part of...
    • Double or Twin Room

We reserved 3 double rooms and we received 3 rooms with 4 beds inside each one and the answer was that since august they dont have double rooms.So why on booking they said they have?it was unconfortable for us to have 4 single beds in the room instead one double bed. The rooms are not clean,everything looks old.The hotel dont have a parking,and on the street where is free in weekends, you must have a big luck to find one place.But the hotel has a mini parking in a garaje,with few places and it cost 8 euro/day/car. In one room the tv didnt have a remote and the buttons of the tv were taking of,so when we asked a remote for that tv the receptioner said we need to pay 10 euro guarantee.What? This is unacceptable. It is that kind of the hotel where you never want to go back.

The position of the hotel is close to the central part of the city,the personal is very ok and friendly.The rooms were warm and the hot water in the bathrooms was ok.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Nice comfy traditional hotel
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel is located about 2 bridges/blocks outside the main tourist area which makes it about 1 hr walk to the centre, but at least half of that is along the main shopping/tourist promenade. It’s a nice walk, but one block/bridge closer would be better. The hop-on-hop bus is closer but doesn’t start until 9 which is a bit late for me. Othe than that, its a nice hotel and i liked it

This is a nice traditional/older style hotel, possibly grand in its heyday. It’s a bit of a rabbit warren with many sections for heat retention, as are most cold climate hotels. Facilities are comfortable, clean and well maintained. Staff are friendly and speak reasonable English – some better than others. There is a lift to the upper floors but you need to ask for the access code. No complaints. And I like the older country style hotels.

• Double or Twin Room

Staff did not speak proper english Room wasn't clean at all Towels were dirty, also covered with some blood on it!! Hotel has 4 wifi hotspots but none of them work

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Good for the money
    • Double or Twin Room

It was difficult the close the door of the bathroom and the toilet cover wasn't properly attached. But otherwise it was nice enough, though it felt more like 2 star hotel than the actual three stars it says that it has.

Great location, nice price, everything was clean. We got a room with window toward the inner garden, so even though the hotel is above a busy street, we didn't hear it at all.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Best price/value/location ratio in town.
    • Double or Twin Room

Service, Cleanness and hotel staff could be better. But it is ok for the given price.

If you want to have a separate room with utilities in downtown for minimal price then this is your spot.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Very basic, dont expect much with hotel, but Budapest more than makes up for it.
    • Double or Twin Room

On arrival I was informed that they were over booked. (I booked two rooms six months in advance!) Did not get the room I booked, told there were no towels or hot water for another day! TV did not work! Internet only available in communal area outside room. One of our rooms did not have air conditioning. Breakfast was very basic.

The location easy to find. Plenty of restaurants and convenience shops near by.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

no security and smooky bathroom
    • Double or Twin Room

no security. some staff entered my room without any notice in the morning. i complained and wanted to change the other room but not accepted. they said the staff was their cleaner. but couldn't understand. why the staff clean the room before 9 am and without any knock! Any the bed was so old-fashioned and smooky bathroom..

cheap

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Location near metro station
    • Double or Twin Room

They have only one parking place for which you have to make a reservation in advance which we didn t know Very old furniture in the whole hotel Bad smell Almost no internet, not in the room anyway, maybe just the corridor You can hear the tram and all the noise from the other rooms and corridor Modest continental breakfast Oldest tv i have ever seen without a remote control The air conditioning makes a lot of noise and doesn t cool anything down

Location near metro station

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

the location
    • Double or Twin Room

had to clean the bathroom by myself because it was filthy the bed sheets were dirty and had weird stains on them the room i got looked pretty different from the pictures the door wouldn't close

the location

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

Most horrible hotel in my life
    • Double or Twin Room

First there was no parking, no matter that it was written on booking... unfriendly and rude staff, and now the most horrible comes: black hair everywhere on the carpet, in the bathroom, ear stick on the floor...and before we left, we took a travel guide magazine, inside this there was a dead juke...never again!! This is not 3 stars hotel, but rather a poor hostel! Even one of the lights didn't work. Enclosed one picture when we saw black hair in the bathroom...

Big & spacious room.
    • Double or Twin Room

Room cleaning & towels replaced every 2nd day. The towel would be better if it was made from paper. Room cleaning was only evident by new towels. Otherwise there was dust even on spaces designed to put towels after the shower! No A/C in the room, only automatic ventilation (too hot on hot days). Room had 2 windows that opened towards a yard. First time opened we saw 2 men walking right outside our windows on a balcony. Never opened the window (or curtains) again.

Big & spacious room. Could leave our luggage on last day before departing. Breakfast from adequate to good depending on one's taste (coffee, milk, juice, water & bread - not replenished when finished, toaster, jams, eggs, vegetables, omelette).

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Suitable for one night stand
    • Double or Twin Room

The Wifi was basic and could not support all of the guests. The curtain was burned and had some holes. The first night receptionist was not good-tempered.

The location was close to Danube and lots of attractions.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Everything is ok!
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything is ok! If you see the note on this sise it s not the reality. The hotel is excelent. Big room, very clean , a very good locatiin and an increadible price.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

it was like a 1930s Deco Vienna or Paris venue.
    • Double or Twin Room

Maybe the creator/ developer/ owner ran out of money and had to sell? maybe there is a new management that bought it on the cheap and cant afford to kick start it. Maybe the management now doesnt "get" the potential? The pool is closed, the cute little bars and socializing venues are closed, the restaurant is closed. the breakfast room is nicely appointed, but the food is marginal (it was advertised as a free English, and turned out to be a $4 continental) . If older or infirm, there is no elevator, and it isnt really close to the center or metro, but not really an issue for most people i think.

it was like a 1930s Deco Vienna or Paris venue. Furniture, style, decor, are all quite pleasant and some of the furnishings are rather expensive i think. Certainly one immediately sees the "theme" of the hotel. The name of the hotel suggests what they were trying to accomplish. and they are almost there, so that it could have a nine rating for the value. it is right at the edge of being really a hip boutique hotel that could charge twice as much. Many good value bars and restaurants are close by, adequate bus and taxi at the door, and for a reasonably robust couple, the hike to the metro or river or tourist sites is not difficult. We would stay there again, and the value is good compared others we saw.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2016

disappointing
    • Double or Twin Room

sharing my room with lots of insects,spiders dropping from the ceiling in the breakfast room,food not fresh,hygiene very poor,badly light,room had a old musty smell,overall disgusting.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

just ok
    • Double or Twin Room

Hotel is fine. But I stayed at the very end if the hotel, third floor (no elevator) in a room with a big bathroom window facing right onto some neighbours balcony or patio and the window's glass wasn't even opaque. I had to cover it with the shower curtain.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

when you temporarily go outside - you need to give away your...
    • Double or Twin Room

when you temporarily go outside - you need to give away your room key at reception. after you come back, and want to take a key - receptionist doesn't do any person verification, only ask what room number you want :)

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

Too expensive for a backpackers-style accomodation
    • Double or Twin Room

- No toilet paper. - The room wasn't almost 13 sqm as boooked, but 9 sqm. - No towels. - No wifi except at the reception. - The door of the toilet can't be locked. - They try to cheat you with their own currency chart.

- The location is fairly good.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Good budget accommodation in an authentic neighbourhood in Budapest
    • Double or Twin Room

Some mould in the bathroom of room 22.

I really enjoyed staying here. The staff were very friendly and helpful and my room was spacious and comfortable. I usually stay in the very centre of the city, but staying at this hotel enabled me to experience a different neighbourhood and stretch of the river. I particularly enjoyed the bars on Tompa Utca, particularly the Mandarin Cafe, just around the corner from the hotel. My walk from the hotel into town was superb, either along Ulloi Ut, or along the river. Taking the river route revealed a vibrant bar scene of deck chairs and cocktails that I wouldn't have known existed. The river route also led nicely to Kecskeméti Utca. In all, a very inexpensive and comfortable stay that enabled me to experience an authentic neighbourhood in Budapest.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Not at all what I expected - in a negative way.
    • Double or Twin Room

Had the information and pictures on the website been more truthful, I would have picked another hotel. I can't even say you get what you pay for, since some of the information is wrong and a hotel's most important thing: the bed, was a disaster! I usually try to find the positive sides to my reviews, but, I'm sorry to say, this hotel did not meet my expectations at all. Luckily, I got a twin room, as the bed I first chose was impossible to lay in, you ended up against the wall, the other bed was hard but usable. The linen and towels were clean but the floor wasn't. Be prepared for many narrow steps as there is no lift. Quirky lay out which may appeal to some. And there is no parking. I repeat: No parking. You will have to find parking on your own. Luckily there are a couple of parking garages within the area. The first one I tried was full, but the other one (located by my GPS, thank you Garmin!) wasn't. It was some 5-600 metres from the hotel, so I chose to just bring my bag, not the suitcase. This would have been fine, had the website not made you believe the hotel had access to parking. Early check out at 10 a.m. This hotel is more like a backpacker hostel.

The hotel is located in a fairly central part of Budapest, some 350 metres from the metro and a tram stop just outside. It is easy to spot, but finding a parking space for checking in is difficult. Wifi was good. I paid for breakfast but didn't use it the two days I stayed there, so I can't comment on it. The bathroom was OK. Air condition was fine.

Browse Hotel City Swing traveller photo gallery