Reviews of Classic Hotel 3 stars

1118 Budapest, Zólyomi u. 6/b, Hungary

#304 of 344 hotels in Budapest

Based on 1976 hotel reviews

The position was ok, breakfast was also ok, in a bright room.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The toilets were flat, so the water from the shower was going everywhere. We asked another room, they told us all the rooms have the same. We booked a double bed, we got 2 single, and they told us they only have that (not said in the booking page) The carpet of the rooms was very old and rather dirty. The rooms were barely cleaned up in the following days, and we didn't receive shampoo after the first day.

The position was ok, breakfast was also ok, in a bright room. Quite area

Use it like last option...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Leaking water and toilet in the bathroom. Smelly and unclean room. Demaged TV, bed and not able to connect to wifi. Bugs in the room.. Poor breakfast.

Classic Hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Room dirty, rubbish down the side of the single bed, full of dust been thier a long time, cobwebs and bugs on ceiling. old stale smell in the corridor to the room. Outdoor light shines through the process thin curtains all night.

The reception staff were great The shower was good.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

somewhat okay
    • Standard Single Room

Since this is not a SPA hotel or anything, I assume that most people would only go there just to have a place to sleep and take a shower. That being said, the beds are very uncomfortable. I also saw two dead bed bugs, which is unacceptable. It's pretty obvious that no one cleans the rooms, they're not extremely dirty but definitely can be cleaned at least before the guest arrives. The thing that annoyed me the most was that the staff would go every day to each room to pick up the garbage from the bins, which is fine, but they literally step with dirty shoes in the bath and don't even clean after themselves!! The bath was pretty alright, however I really do recommend that you get flip flops as there is no drain under the shower so water gets inside the entire bath and also even right in front of it. I'm not sure if the AC was dirty or something, but it was very warm in the room, however the smell of the AC was so horrible that it was actually better to not turn it on at all. The walls are very thin and it's easy to hear people talking, not to mention that there were many families with small kids that were screaming and crying (this of course is fine and I'm not saying that they shouldn't be welcome, but it would be nice if you could get to relax after a long day and not be waken up at 6 am by screaming kids).

The hotel is very cheap, I assume it's pretty hard to find something decent for so little money. I do believe that the location is not bad at all, as there is a bus stop which is less than 10 min away and there are 3 buses that you can catch to the city centre, all of which take about 8-9 min to get there. I got pleasantly surprised because I booked a single room and got a double room. Breakfast is pretty good and only costs 5 eur / 1500 ft. It's pretty quiet in the area where the hotel is which is a great plus.

Location is perfect, breakfast was very nice and plentiful...
    • Standard Quadruple Room

It is hard to talk to the staff that does not speak English well enough and it does not have to be perfect. They tried to be helpful.

Location is perfect, breakfast was very nice and plentiful and the atmosphere was relaxed.

We stayed at this hotel for one night, but I wouldn't...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

We stayed at this hotel for one night, but I wouldn't recommend it for more than 1 night. The rooms are nothing but classic, they just look old, have a funky smell and they're not very clean. There is no air con and it is necessary during summer. However, the price is very good. WiFi is ok, breakfast is available for 5 euro/person. Free parking is available on the street.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Location good in quiet neiberhood apart kindergarden next to...
    • Standard Single Room

Fungus in bathroom, bumpy beds, dirty floor...hotel need big renovation.

Location good in quiet neiberhood apart kindergarden next to hotel, food is decent and friendly hosts at arrival.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

The receptionists were very friendly and helpfull.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

When I stepped into the room I almost sick the strong smell of the bleach.never smell that much bleach before. Stay in this hotel only if you go with your friends for parties and stuff as you will have no sleep at all.in the day time the cleaning stuff very noise.the walls are paper thin you can here everything from the the next door and from upstairs too.next to my room at 2 o clock in the morning they been hoovering for an hour. the smoking area where lads been drinking was just under my window.there was no way to close the windows propely so I did smell the cigarettes all night and I had no chance to sleep as they been talking laughing .which is understandable when the guys drinking and stuff but I went to this hotel to have a few days rest .very very noisy hotel! The beds was acceptable but way to noisy as well. This hotel is one of the cheapest and now I know why. I have to mention it that The cleaning stuff were very rude.they been swearing with each other ,one of them gave us a very evil and bad look and pulled her facr when we been waiting for the excalator she nearly said move!when we checked in one lady came to reception and said she booked for two people and the room has a bedsit for 1 .the receprtionist said to that two cleaner to sort this out and they front of the lady and front of us start to swearing about.that was our first min experience. The receptionist appoligised for their behavior.

The receptionists were very friendly and helpfull.

Barely worth the money.
    • Standard Triple Room

Really uncomfortable old bed with very thin mattrace. Many things very outdated an broken. Very simple breakfast was barely worth the money.

One of the beds of tripple room was separated by wall so it was good for us to sleep separate from our teenager. Everything in the room was clean.

The twin room was big so separate beds were really separate.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Dead air conditioners. First days temperature was up to +41C and it was hot like a hell even at night with wide opened windows. Staff said they can do nothing with that and it's a problem of whole hotel. Crazy. Think twice if you plan to book this hotel in hot season.

The twin room was big so separate beds were really separate. Big table was perfect for working with my laptop. And special thanks to mr. Laszlo who was very patient and friendly helping us and answering our questions. He made staying at this hotel a bit more satisfactory.

Lousy
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

All is bad, except breakfast

The room was not clean, the access to the rooms was poorly clean. The sheets of one of the beds was not changed from the last customer. I point it to the receptionist and make him come to the room to make them see that the sheets were not changed. They apologize and give me clean sheets, and i had to change the sheets my self The breakfast was ok I don't understand how Booking can give a almost 8.0 cotation to a hotel that obviously do not deserve a 3or 4.

Do not book a room for more than one night.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

AC wasn't working (if you get a room with one). We were offered a fan. There was only foam on bed, no matress. Bathtub was leaking. The phone wasn't working. Manager wasn't cooperating and talking about our complaints. Old furniture and disgusting rugs everywhere. Too small outdoor sitting area (only one table and four chairs, trash and full ashtray).

Free parking. Big fridge, suprisingly working.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Great tasty breakfast
    • Standard Triple Room

No AC in room, but even in confirmation showing that room with AC.. Parking outside hotel, just near road, you should search where you can park... must be removed that hotel have parking, available only garage for 4 or 5 small cars.... we got room which need to be maintained long time ago, too much carpets on floor that keep dust, got allergy. in bathroom at first floor window is not covered at all, you can see from street when anybody in bathroom... no comments... And last, I don't know how, but when we found room, it was written that breakfast included, but in confirmation showed - breakfast not included, my fault that didn't check it.. but why it's happened we with wife can't understand.

Great tasty breakfast Quiet location

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Spoiled the impression about Budapest.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

In the room old furniture, the bed is not comfortable, the mattress very old. In the bathroom is frustrating, all worn out. And most importantly, the room not clean, floor had footprints, the bed is sloppily made.

Location, Parking availability.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Disappointed
    • Standard Triple Room

The AC was broken with 35°c outside. The room windows were broken so you couldn't open them. With all of that, they gave us one fan which didn't help with nothing.

Generally good hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Refrigerator did not cool (engine worked but did not freeze). No kettle. When using AC and microwave the fuses (electric switches) may turn off. Weird shower that has no back cover (curtain or something) ending up a wet floor every time you take a shower.

Good configuration of room: fridge, kitchenette with dishes and even with sink. Air conditioner, attic window (openable).

Quiet neighborhood, facilities a bit old
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom had a constant smell you could feel entering the room, plumbing was really old and noisy.

The room was a good size, parking places in the area.

Good comfortable stay at a budgeted price but not recommended for longer stay
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There are lots of insects which keep on crawling inside the room which made our stay quite uncomfortable. The beds were not at all comfortable and difficult to sleep. We asked for a change of room but the hotel owner denied stating what if in other room also we face the same problem. It was quite rude to hear that from the hotel even though it was not fully booked. We understand it was a budget hotel but still basic expectations were not met.

The property is surrounded by lot of trees but very old. Cool place (preferably during summer) and easily accessible to nearby stops for metros/bus. Breakfast option was quite good.

A nice hotel
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The aircontition was very loud had to turn off,the location was ok to move around with the car but it was value for money.

It was a nice hotel nothing special nothing really bad. I would choose it again for the price but not location wise.

Breakfast was very good.
    • Standard Triple Room

Problems with wi-fi connections. Bad lighting in Bathroom. Bad smell from Bathroom.

Breakfast was very good. A lot of parking places near hostel. Beds was very comfortable.

Receptionist was friendly, rooms had air conditioning.
    • Penthouse Apartment

No cleaning of the room for 3 nights, the sheets weren’t even changed. No cooking facilities in the apartment apart from a hot plate and microwave. No jacuzzi as it states in the add. The shower was broken. Bed was broken and “mattress” was just a piece of foam. Breakfast was really bad, flies all over it!

Receptionist was friendly, rooms had air conditioning. Atmosphere is quite good. We had on of the new penthouse apartments so the room was big enough..

• Standard Single Room

I paid the air-conditioned room and got it without it. And when I asked for the replacement of the room, I told her she would pay me the money and look for another hotel

The room was quite large and clean.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was squeaking; The watering system was very loud from other rooms when they used the shower or toilet.

The room was quite large and clean. The hotel is set on a quiet neighborhood.

To start with, it's very difficult to find the hotel (...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

To start with, it's very difficult to find the hotel ( the name of the hotel was not visible enough from the street).Carpet visibly dirtly. Very noisy. Dark (a bit more of light would be great). When you have a shower all the bathroom gets wet because the shower is "half open" ( what I only understood what it is when I saw it). As I had not included breakfast when booking they required me to pay for it before having it.

Install antimosquitos grid, it's not expensive, but staying in the room will be much more comfortabl
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is not new and it's a challange to charge your gadgets, probably it's not an issue if you stay alone, but if you have three person it's a problem. There was no airconditioner and it was very stuffy even if you open the window. But if you open it, be ready to fight with mosquitoes.

I liked only free park place for car.

I have visited 60 countries in my life and have never experienced such thing
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

You asked for photos. I couldn't picture the bat hosted one night in our room. COUNT DRACULA?????

Terrible service. 2 days without air cond. Three light outs in room. One night filled up with bugs and a bat in the room. Room was never cleaned in the 4 days we were there. Hotel was indicated to be 900 meters from historical centre but far really away from everywhere. I ll never get there again.

I forgot one shirt and an expensive rain coat in the...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

I forgot one shirt and an expensive rain coat in the wardrobe in the room after I checked out. Later I remembered and told about it to the receptionist, we went together to check the room but it was stolen.

The breakfast was unexpectedly good and varied.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The cleanliness in the room was bad. There spider webs hang from the bathroom’s ceiling. The room clearly needs renovation. We even found empty bottles of water on the top shelf in the closet.

The breakfast was unexpectedly good and varied. Location pretty close to city center. The receptionist who checked us in was nice and helpful.

No problems at all - and excellent value for money.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Getting a taxi to the station in Pest on a rainy morning was difficult due to the high demand, so book it the day before departure. It is a good 10-15 minute walk to the nearest metro station, but this is easily offset by value for money.

The hotel manager also serves in the bar in the evening. He was a great introduction to Hungary. and was even kind enough to extend an invitation to his vineyard over the weekend. I only spoke to him in German, but his English is probably just as good. Not sure if the hot water in the bathroom comes from a natural spring, but it certainly felt like it.

Fair, but nothing special
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It was very hot and I couldn't make it better because of poor air circulation. Air conditioning was in the room, but it wasn't working. When I took shower, water was everywhere (no cabin). WiFi worked randomly. Breakfast wasn't impressive.

Location, no problems with parking, quiet surroundings, spacious lobby

Superb!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The room is spacious, warm and bright; tasty breakfast, wide selection of public transportation nearby. 24h reception for those who arrives at night. Very green and quiet neighborhood. Excellent seafood restaurant with garden in walking distance. Definitely recommended for short or long stay!

breakfast was nice but the refill was not really that often...
    • Standard Single Room

breakfast was nice but the refill was not really that often so you had to wait a lot for the refill. The tables were also not cleaned in time from previous customers so there were very few places to stay if any.

the location was quite hard to reach from the center, but it...
    • Standard Triple Room

hard to reach. and the place seems old, you can hear what the next door is doing

the location was quite hard to reach from the center, but it was in the quiet place with rich neighbor. A large shopping mall is in a walking distacne

Very drab old and disappointing
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The beds were changed only once while we were there, for a five day stay, no clean towels, no toilet paper, uncomfortable beds,

There was a lovely man on reception, can’t remember his name, the best part of our stay.

Quite location, clean room, tasty breakfast.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Old furniture, uncomfortable mattress on the third bed (very noisy by every moce). Bathroom door had broken handle.

Quite location, clean room, tasty breakfast.

Breakfast is for 5 euro and it’s tasty and it’s in a form of...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing to eat to buy at the evening at reception. Some receptionist were very friendly and some not really eager to talk. But all of them spoke good English though.

Breakfast is for 5 euro and it’s tasty and it’s in a form of buffet. Water is to buy at the reception for 390 forint small glass bottle 0,5l. There is completely no food to buy in the hotel at the evenings. Closest restaurant is 500m away. Beer is for 600 forint at the reception any time. It’s clean, amenities and towels included.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

One of the beds was broken and the other one was noisy and not comfortable. Very low quality breakfast the coffee was the worst. We are a family with a baby therefore we needed more napkins but they were rare like gold!

good place for short stays if you need free parking
    • Standard Triple Room

Although the rooms are larger than I expected, doors don't close properly and you will hear the neighbors and anyone who is using the bathroom. The bed is not very comfortable. The bathroom got flooded every time you took a shower.

The free street parking is a big advantage, for a city like Budapest. Some of the rooms even have windows facing the street, so you can check on the car and there isn't that much noise at night, to bother you.

Everything was great ,we were satisfyted
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Only the towels were missing in the room

Nice breakfast, clean room, family atmosphere,good location - bus station, centrum and in the same time calm area

The staff was open and nice, also spoke good english.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The place could do with some renovations, we had 2 rooms, one was alright (save for a bit of a sink leak), but the other had a bit of flaky paint from humidity and a carpet that had seen better days. Don't get me wrong, it was clean, but it could use a little tlc.

The staff was open and nice, also spoke good english. The hotel was really easy to reach to from the highway, we basically just got off the highway and found the hotel. It's not such a long walk to the Danube and city center, and the area was nice and quiet. The parking space was free when we got there, but try to park a bit early, the locals who live around the hotel also use the parking space and later in the day it fills up fast.

Hotel needs some investment to put right, neglected and staff seemed bored and not interested.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Bed frame was so old and held together with staples, so broke apart, had to try ad fix it through the night, maybe I was having a nightmare.

Not a lot.

Better sleep in the street
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms don't look at all like in the pictures. The reality is this place is a dump. We arrived after many hours of driving (10.00 p.m.) and simply wanted to get a good night's rest. The floor carpet was a mess, the shower was leaking, the furniture worn out and there was a bad smell in the room which made it impossible to stay there. We reported all these problems to the personnel, but he denied the existence of all these problems and he said he can refund us and we are free to leave if we don't like it. He also said that for this price (~28 EUR) we cannot expect any better in Budapest.

Worth a lot more than the price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Difficult to see why this hotel has low rating on booking. Location is a bit remote from city center (but accessible with public transport and car). However, the price is far below other hotels. I was looking for a cheap place just for sleep-over, with free parking, and this hotel exceeded my expectations, comparing to the price. In some hotels in Budapest, only parking would cost half of the price I paid for the room. I booked a room for one, but got a big, freshly renovated apartment, with full kitchen. Wifi is good, breakfast is excellent for the price of 4 EUR, staff is friendly, hotel is exceptionally clean. This was my 2nd stay in this hotel, and I will continue to book it.

Free parking.
    • Penthouse Apartment

Beware, you could be tricked if you book an apartment in the attic. There is only one room with the jacuzzi and the room size is bigger. The others (I guess 4) rooms are smaller and w/o jacuzzi and should not be rated as apartments, even if a kitchenette exists. The breakfast is poor.

Free parking. The hotel is on a hill and it has a great view over the city

Passable for a night, not even two
    • Standard Triple Room

The beds were broken and uncomfortable. The toilet was leaking. There was a lot of humidity in the room and it smelled off mold. The walls were very thin. You could here a person in the next room sneeze. The doors of the toilet was broken, you couldn't close it. Wouldn't recommend staying here over one night.

The price was good. The location for us decent since we were leaving the next morning so we didn't need curry closeness. It had a parking. The room was a good size.

Good price, nice staff
    • Standard Quadruple Room

Room was not really clean, breakfast buffet was abandoned, when bread run out of basket we had to wait that staff even remember to check and bring, coffee machine did not work, apple juice, butter, etc run out.

Very nice staff, willing to help, good advices about the sightseeing, good price, very spacious room

Failure and waste of money. Do not stay here. Definitely not 3 stars.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Beds are broken. Room is disgusting. Toilets are disgusting. Doorhandles broken. Lamps broken. Ants walking around. Hairs in the bathroom. Floors extremely disgusting with stains. Unfriendly receptionist. Extremely moldy smell in the room and dusty. The staff already knew the beds were broken in multiple rooms including this one. The receptionist refused paying back the money and they did not have an other room available. Well actually they did but she told me the beds were also broken in this one and one other room didn't have heating. Complete waste of money. I would have gone to an other hotel if I hadn't been driving for 14 hours. I just wanted to sleep. My genuine advise do not stay here. Very bad experience.

The spaciousness of the room

Good hotel for a short visit
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a little dated and can use some updates. There was some odd smell in the bathroom at night. Place could have been cleaner.

Hotel is within the city and has free parking. Breakfast was ok, but nothing special. Staff was friendly.

Great experience, great day, definitely going back next year
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

It could have been closer to the main attractions, but overall it is a good price for it. In the center of Budapest i imagine we would have paid double.

I liked the room, it was very spacious, well equiped, the bathroom was very clean. In the morning a very diverse breakfast.

Never book this hotel !!!
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms were stinky of mustiness, mould, dirt. We changed room twice. 1st time was because the smell was unbearable. 2nd time because, we have met a COCKROACH on the pillow! The housekeepers sometimes were cleaning rooms, sometimes not at all or partially. In every room towels were dirty and were not changed at all. Some of the receptionists were indifferent towards guests. Breakfast served was cold and inadequate to the price. The pool-billiard table is out of order.

Location of the hotel is quite good in comparison to price (few trams-stops and bus-stops near by). Quiet neighborhood. Rooms placed on the 5th floor are renovated and offer much better standard.

Couldn’t wait to leave.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There were ants in the room! A lot of ants. And they couldn’t move us into another room. They also ran out of food for breakfast and wouldn’t grant a refund!

Welcoming hotel with friendly staff
    • Standard Single Room

The room itself was pleasant notwithstanding the sound of the occasional toilet flush or the shower being used by other residents

Very pleasant mid-sized hotel on the buda side of the city with relaxed friendly staff. The hotel seems a bit out of the way if you're coming from Pest but the setting below the hills of a buda (well one very large hill anyway) is quite impressive. Welcoming and clean hotel that I would visit again, although for non drivers it might be worth considering transportation issues beforehand.

Many thanks for the stay.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

A good hotel with good staff. A minor problem was overcome swiftly and professionally by the day and night staff. Great location for the conference centre.

Fair place but comfortable only for very short stay, due to bad ventilation in rooms.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Main problem (and a big one) was bad ventilation / high humidity in my room which made breathing and sleeping difficult. I couldn't leave the window open during night as it was too cold and there were night bugs. Also, lighting in the room was not good - one desk that had electrical outlet close enough to be able to plug my laptop in, was in a dark corner of my room.

Rooms were large and thus comfortable with two solid desks for writing and comfortable chairs. WiFi was excellent. Very nice location, close to the main street and bus stops. Pleasant staff that went extra mile to accommodate.

Ok for the price
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Unpleasant smell in the bathroom and the jacuzzi massagers were temporarily not functioning while we were there and the tub itself wasn't very clean. It was also pretty cold.

Spacious room with a small well equipped kitchenette and Jacuzzi in the room. Ok for the price.

We changed the room to a renovated one.
    • Standard Quadruple Room

We changed the room to a renovated one.(5th floor)This room was nice and clean also recomended for families.But the other part of the hotel was old fashioned and dirty as well.

Close down this hotel for dezinsection. Cockroaches!!!!
    • Standard Triple Room

I should have run after i saw the first cockroach.The hotel should not get 2 stars even. In the first room the sealing was leaking and at 3:45 we ware woken up by rain drops every 0,2 seconds dropping on the floor. Staff brought sponges to the bocket and we managed to fall asleep. 2 Cockroached killed in this room that night. Floor in bathroom with long brown hair from previous guests. Blood stains on sheets. swiched rooms to 3rd floor. In second room my father killed 3rd cockroach, TV was not working, Bed wooden part under materace was falling appart. Water in the sink was stuck. Cmon!!! I can bare one flaw, BUT SO MANY ??? After we came back home my wife told me to get out with suitcases, unpack outside and wash everything. even clean stuff. Had to check if i didnt bring any cockroaches home. (I didnt think about it before but now I am furious.

Staff was trying to be helpfull.

Although we had booked 2 double rooms well in advance and we...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Although we had booked 2 double rooms well in advance and we received confirmation for our bookings, when we got there, we had the unpleasant surprise to be offered one triple room and one single room. After a lot of discussions and attempts of the receptionist to find rooms in other hotels, with no results, we had no choice but to accept the rooms offered (it was almost the middle of the night). They offered 50 % price reduction but it could not save the harm done. Only when I mentioned that the whole situation was not the surprise that Booking.com was talking about, they remembered to give me the bottle of sparkling wine.

Convenient location and quiet .
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast adequate but no more.

Bus stop 6 minute walk away for easy city access. The walk does involve going up about 20 steps . Good secure parking.

Staff did not cleaned the tables after visitors.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff did not cleaned the tables after visitors. It was not the beginning or the end of the breakfast but there was nothing to eat. The staff serving the breakfast was not polite and we had very bad service.

The first and the last time here
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff. No aircondition. There is a free privat parking but you must to pay for it, this free parking is somewhere on the street. The breakfast. If you go maybe early you can eat something, but after, they don't make the refill (the staff was very unfriendly and very very lazy).

We do not recommend this place. There are much better places in Budapest with this price.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Person in reception desk had very neutral attitude (no smile, no how are you...). We had impression that we are a problem there. This is not what we expect as clients of the hotel. At the bottom of bed there were broken stripwoods fixed with some kind of rope and staples (photos attached to this opinion). Smell in the room was bad. Temperature was high, no air condition. TV – no choice for foreigner. Hungarian chanels. Old used lockers in the door of the room. Hard to open and close the door.

Nice area around reception where you can seat waiting for taxi. Calm neighbourhood.

It was very unpleasant stay. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anybody.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Staff was very unhelpful - they didn't know any places of interested in the area, like shops or transport. Food was the same for 5 days. Orange juice lasted for 2 days only. Eggs and sausages were always cold. Fruit and veggies looked unpleasant, not fresh (they are very cheap and available in Hungary in any shop). The room was tiny. Electric sockets were falling out. The beds were the most uncomfortable and creaky we have ever seen. There is no division between toilet and shower, so after you have shower, everything is wet and the floor is extremely slippery.

Everyrhing was ok.

I want 7/24 smiling faces. 😊

Everyrhing was ok. The receptionist girl was great. I wish she would be more smiling. The rest? Incredibly outstanding.

Good location and free public parking.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed makes noise when you are trying to lay or get up.

Good location and free public parking.The room is actually a small apartment with miniature kitchen with fridge, sink and few pieces of dishes.

Fine
    • Standard Triple Room

The windows' frames were rather old. You could her the noise from the other room's bathroom. The beakfast wasn't really diverse. But for one night it is more than ok.

The Hotel is inexpensive. The front desk staff was really nice , profesional and attentive.We had a situation that must be solved and they helped us right away. The room is large enough. The locationis close to the city center.

Here is our experience
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Here is our experience 1. Hotel is far from the city. Don't book it if you need to travel in the night from public transport. 2. Flies are in the room which makes it difficult to use the room in the night when temperature is high and lights are on. Not recommended at all for infants or babies under 10 years.

Surprisingly good
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The internet connection did not work (but to be fair I have to say that we did not bother to go to the reception and ask to fix it; just used our mobile data connection).

All in all, we had a positive experience in this hotel. It fitted our needs very well. The room and the bathroom were clean, there was a fridge in the room, which was very important to us. It was possible to pay in Euro and Hungarian Forints -- very convenient. Notably, the not-so-good reports we read about the hotel, and made us a bit scary, were not relevant at all. This is at least our experience.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

The hotel is close to the bus station (5 min walk) and...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

There where small cockroaches in the room an the cleaning could have been better.

The hotel is close to the bus station (5 min walk) and parking was free.

Ok to stay a night or two.
    • Standard Triple Room

Old building with very old furniture in the room. It was OK to stay one night. The price was very good. We did not have breakfast offered for extra money at the hotel because it looked too basic.

good for a short stay in Budapest
    • Standard Triple Room

the wash basin was clogged, it took two days and several mentioning to the reception to get it fixed, but even after it was fixed they didn't clean it

The view from the window is great, it is looking at the hill (Sasad). The hotel is close to the city, but in a calm little street.

Very poor
    • Standard Quadruple Room

AC was not working broken bed room was dirty. Was not offered alternative room neither any apology from receptionist. Room was paid before seeing it so could not look for accommodation in other hotel.

Afordable price

Hotel declares distance from City Center as 1,8 km which...
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

Hotel declares distance from City Center as 1,8 km which basicly just is not true. That distance is not even enought to get thru the Erzsebet hid bridge.

Location close to the center and to motorway.
    • Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms were smelly, not clean, and the "parking" - a disaster. You have to take 2 or 3 rounds on the one way street to find a parking place. The bathroom is not clean. There are spiders and other insects crawling. One of the two rooms had a big issue with the carpet. It was dirty and smelled badly. We requested a room change but they could not do it.

Location close to the center and to motorway. Friendly staff that speaks English.

Nearly a classic
    • Standard Single Room

Room was not air conditioned so was very warm. The hotel is a fair way out of the city but the public transport system is reasonably close and efficient.Just buy a Budapest pass and you can go anywhere.If i were to return to Budapest I would probably stay there again because I am familiar with the place.

The room was clean and tidy, breakfast was good enough for my needs, cereal plus scrambled egg and euro sausages. toast and condiments, tea and coffee. I surely didn't leave each morning hungry. Reception staff were very helpful and spoke english which is a bonus for me.

Browse Classic Hotel traveller photo gallery