Reviews of Hotel Divinus 5 stars

4032 Debrecen, Nagyerdei körút 1, Hungary

#9 of 18 hotels in Debrecen

Everything to the eye, less for comfort. Weak selection for vegetarians
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Compared to 5 stars it provides unexpectedly low comfort. Uncomfortable "spartan" mattress - hard as a board... Budget assembly in shower and low water pressure. Unhealthy breakfast menu (white breads only, meats in focus, very-very limited opportunity for vegetarians)

Good location. Easy parking. Free wifi.

Facility and breakfast wonderful, staff made a bad memory
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

There was no selection option for chosing between two single bed and double bed on booking.com, therefore I called the hotel several weeks in advance. The lady said "no problem, the room will be with two single bed. it has done". After check-in we noticed that double bed is in the room and there is a baby bath tub in the bathroom. Immediately after this we asked the staff at the reception to seperate the bed and remove the baby tub. The staff has apologized and said they were taking actions. Then we left the hotel and came back in the middle of the night. Although the bed was seperated into two, but the beds were not made. The sheets, duvets, pillows stood on a chair in a pile. It was really not nice at all making the bed in the middle of the night after a wonderful wedding night. The baby bath tub stayed there till the next day cleaining.

Bath and breakfast were awsome.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

I'll not stay at Divinus again and I would not recommended
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

- attitude of the lady working in the Bar, Christina, she was rude and unprofessional - old furniture - not a double bed and not a comfortable mattress - not matching bed linens - everything looked just old and run down - really bad value for money - not a 5 stars hotel

Laura, the lady working at the reception who was really professional and kind

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Nobody answers the phone either in the reception or for room...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nobody answers the phone either in the reception or for room service and they don’t make the room or change the towels everyday unless we go down to the reception and ask them to do so..!

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Not ok
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

I expected something else I suppose. We chose for this kind of places because we were on a roadtrip and knew they would not speak English everywhere. On the other hand, we hoped that it would be easier to be guided in habits. On our second ( and last) night, we decided to have Dinner at the hotel restaurant. When the manager saw us sit, around 8, he sighed. When I asked him if we could eat, he nodded, took note of our drinks and disappeared. At 8:15, our drinks were not there yet, not the menu. I saw him pass a few times without making eye contact or any contact at all. I went inside, had to wait for a few minutes until I found someone, and asked him when I saw him about the menu and our drinks. À la carte not possible, only buffet was his answer. Now, I really find this not ok for several reasons. First I expect from places like this customer centricity. Yes, we are tourists, we don’t know everything about your hotel, but please guide and help us. Secondly, I do not like people taking decisions for me. If you tell me it is a buffet, then I can choose if I stay or leave. If you let me order drinks, then it feels like I have to stay, because I already have drinks. Thirdly, by leaving us sit there, not even inventing us to go to the buffet, without drinks, without checking if everything was alright, let us not focus on the customer centricity of this, knowing that the buffet is at his end... what kind of product are you selling then? And finally, if your hotel program, the program on your TV, your reception all said that you have an a la carte restaurant, even with a possibility for room service untill 10, what’s happening here? I suppose I am terribly disappointed in this place, mainly due to this episode. When our drinks finally arrived, I told the waiter what was on, he listened carefully and really did all he could to make me feel better about this.

Clean, large and modern rooms Airco Beautifull wellness area, but small and no silent space to rest Very Nice massage Parking for Free in the street of the hotel Nice Breakfast buffet- not Too big but no industrial feeling

Not bad, but is it really a five star hotel?
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My first impression was that a boy from the hotel sad me not to park with my car more than 15 minutes in front of the hotel. Than he did not help me to carry my luggages (in a five star hotel!). My second impression was a card in the room about smoking is prohibited with the threat of punishment (I do not smoke, just I do not like if I am threatened in a five star hotel). In the bathroom there was not hand shower only fixed. It was partially blocked by some lime stone, caused random direction of water squirting. I spent there two nights there and my towels were not changed and the bathroom was not cleaned from water from the floor (it was wet after my shower, because the shower cabin is open to the bathroom). In the garage the car parking place is very narrow. I could not feel myself as a five star guest.

The breakfast was varied with many choices and it was good. The staff try to seem to be polite and helpful. The design is colorful.

We were on a school robotics trip, the staff assisted us in...
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

We were on a school robotics trip, the staff assisted us in all our needs and we were very happy with our stay at the hotel and will in future stay there again.

very dissapointing for a hotel that claims to be 5*
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The staff were rude. I needed my phone charging and they would,t do it. I also needed to make a reservation with Wizzair and they refused to do it for me.

Well appointed, well designed place, but still long way to go for modern amenities!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The problem was - if you turned off the main switch next to your bed, it turns off EVERYTHING! So if the A/C turned off, my phone stopped charging and it was sweltering hot in the room in the middle of the night, and my phone was down to 10% first thing in the morning when I thought I was charging it!!! That's the most foolish design I have ever seen!

The place was nice, luxury suites, plenty of room. Furniture was great, and bed very good!

Maximum 4*, not even 4 superior
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

-glass is not available, just minibar (you can only drink from bottle in the room) -no available electronic socket, just a few for lamps, there is minimum possibility to charge the phone, laptop, iPad and unconvinient The aboves are even basic business travler criterias in 3* hotel.

+breakfast

The room' set-up was very cozy.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There should be tea and coffee set in each room. We though it was a mistake of the cleaning staff but after calling the reception, we discovered that our room was not enlisted for tea or coffee set. We believe that for such high-standard hotel (5 starred), there should be basic compliments included in room service.

The room' set-up was very cozy. We booked a junior suite; so, there was some more place.

Closeness to the University.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The bathroom cleaning was poorly done. Complimentary bottled water was only provided on the first day. For the second day I was told to use the the tap in the bathroom. Response to my complaint - "I'm only doing my job".

Closeness to the University.

Never coming back
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

This was our third, and final stay at this hotel. It is still marked as a five star hotel, but has never been in real. Wifi was broken (the answer to that complaint was that too many guests are using it.....), TV set was not working (they have fixed it, but we had no TV for a day...not that it is important, but since you pay for it, you expect it to work...), massage was not available (at least it was impossible to even reach the spa over the given phone number or otherwise), hairs overwhelmed the breakfast food, etc. etc.

The hotel is in a very good location. Other things are also OK from a 4 star (but not 5 star) perspective.

New, well equipped hotel, recommended for business guests.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Construction work from 7:00 AM in the neighbourhood, but the hotel can not avoid that, it is not tehir fault. Still decreased the money for value for me.

good location, cleanliness

CATASTROFAL
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

SPAA ??WELLNESS ?? THIS Wellness ist in 5 stars hotel ??? the wellness ist from 3 star hotel very weak WHEN I WENT IN THE EVENING AT THE HOTEL RESTAURANT I COULD NOT ENTER BECAUSE THE FIVESTAR HOTEL COULD NOT DINE The brekfast vast catastrofic NEES CAFEE not natural cafee ,frouit frees ? noo color wather FISCH ?? NOT EXIST PARK PLACE FROM CAR ?? IF YOU PAY RECEPTION VERI LITLE

hotel beutiful BAT NOT 5 STARS QUAIED GOOD LOCATION

It's not a 5 stars hotel.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The swimming pool open to late in the morning. There wasn't any hole grain bread on the breakfast table, the boiled egg was cold. There is no tee or coffee making possibility in the room.

It's not a 5 stars hotel.

• Superior Double/Twin Room

Some of the reception workers dont speak sufficient level of English to communicate, in addition they dont seem to have the will to assist. Some of the waiters in the dining room were rude! One day before my arrival ive ordered a taxi in the hotels reception for "airport to hotel" transport, i was told that a taxi will wait. No taxi was there!

Great facilities and super clean

Very close to the tram line.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The mattress was rock hard - extremely firm. Poor English skills among staff.

Very close to the tram line. Quiet and clean hotel. Very helpful and nice staff although it was quite hard to use English because hardly anybody understands. Would use again and recommend.

Relaxing hotel in quiet part of Debrecen.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Not all staff members understand and speak english. Not very modern hotel.

Great Welness center with 3 big pools and 3 different saunas. Very Easy access to city center (abd shopping) by tram. Next to nice park and restaurants.

Everything - my room on the 4th floor was beautiful and very...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing really, just a minor point - would be nice to have tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

Everything - my room on the 4th floor was beautiful and very spacious, also quiet. Bed was comfortable and wifi worked great. Good breakfast, excellent wellness facilities. Staff were polite, welcoming and helpful - my TV wasn't working and they sent someone up in 5 minutes to sort it out. All in all a perfect stay.

amateurish, 3-4 star maximum.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Reception staff at arrival. Not responding to or returning greeting, unfriendly, unprofessional (bald guy looked and behaved more like a doorman than receptionist). Parking gate would not open even though we stood 20 cm from it, had to walk there and back to the reception for help At departure - even though I paid upfront via booking.com to speed up the process, I was told that they see that I paid but they can't charge the code provided by booking.com, so I have to waste time again. I've been to this hotel many times, but some things seem to never change - bad impression at arrival and wasting time at departure, because they always have some kind of a problem. Rooms are in poor condition, electricity socets falling out of the wall, door to the bathroom all damaged by water and getting stuck because of bent hinges, etc. The size of the TV is simply ridiculously small, especially compared to the size of the room. The internal designer should go to jail for what he committed.

Spa is very nice and the gentlemen in charge was very helpful and friendly. Breakfast quality seem to have improved compared to prior years.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Clean, modern, will come again to stay.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

During afternoon it was very hot and humid in the restaurant, but that was understandable, since the restaurant was empty and no reason to run AC.

Very clean property, staff was very helpful, let us check in earlier, fantastic food. Very generous breakfast. Classic design perfectly connected with modern equipment, perfect location, walking to city center, close to green park. Reasonable prices.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Most relaxing stay ever
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The room, the restaurant, the food, the spa, the pool, the sauna, the jacuzzi, the cocktails, the neighbourhood, the staff, even the lobby... Everything! :D

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Premium swimming facility and very good staff.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Very,very,very,very hard bed. I suffered all night. If you have backpain you will also suffer. Very bad coffee at breakfast.In a five star hotel so bad coffee is not acceptable. You can order normal espresso at extra charge. The coffee machine has to be changed urgently for a normal one in the breakfast restaurant.

Very helpful ,pleasant staff. Unique 25 m swimming pool. Quiet location.Running facility in the nearby park.

Breakfast was good
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Quality is ok but the style of hotel not eleganf but SNOB. The angle of garage entrance is not for cars which is not liftable. To big angle downhill on the top. Reception staff was extremly slow.

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

1-2 stars should be taken down
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Staff, room (small), breakfast (poor continental selection), bathroom is small, terraced is narrow next to a kindergarten; they made me pay the invoice at arrival, when I went to the reception staff ws always busy, though there was no other guest...

Swiming pool

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Wonderful staff,amazing food ,great and clean wellness ...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Wonderful staff,amazing food ,great and clean wellness ,restaurant staff and reception were amazing,kind and very helpful

Facilities, Service

Nice but expected more as a 5 star hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We requested a room for disabled person and they did not have although they are 5 star hotel

Very clean and luxury

friendly staff and clean atmosphere
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Some of the staff dont speak English

friendly staff and clean atmosphere

Ok hotel, but expensive

Poor breakfast, hard bed

Close to tramline

It is a 5 star hotel but it should be a 3 star hotel
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

rooms not clean, no boiler, no iron

Deposit on cash at check in will not be returned.
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Deposit on cash at check in will not be returned. It will be Used for payment anyway.

Touchdown + extra point is good!
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Very friendly staff, excellent kitchen. You get exactly what you want for your money

It was very good
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The fitness room was not quite up to par

worst ever!!
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

unfriendly staff was forced to pay the accomodation aleready at check. I was told this is because I booked via Booking.com

First five stars hotel in 3* surroundings
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Sold out garage places not for hotel customer

Nice, quite place, but close to city centre.

Breakfast is excellent

Nice, quite place, but close to city centre. Perfect choice.

Easy to park, the staff is very helpful and professional.

I liked everything.

Easy to park, the staff is very helpful and professional. Great location

Breakfast and the dinner was poor

Breakfast and the dinner was poor

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

Restaurant

Restaurant

The bread at the breakfast buffet seemed a bit dry and not...
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The bread at the breakfast buffet seemed a bit dry and not fresch baked

Very enjoyable stay
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The mattress was very hard. It would be a good idea to put a waterkettle and coffee in the room.

The staff was superb, quick service, nice atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

- really wide variety at breakfast
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

- a bit dark room - slow wi-fi

- really wide variety at breakfast - nice staff, open for every request

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Perfect price-quality, no hotel in this area can beat this

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Sad and angry staff
    • Executive Double or Twin Room

The staff wanted money to help you it is very bad for a 5 star hotel Staff were bad mannered Room was dark

Breakfast was good Room size was good

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Nice hotel
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

The washroom should be having shower gel and shampoo like any hotel , not a soap in a machine

Clean and quite

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

- wide variety at breakfast
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

- slow wi-fi - bored staff at breakfast

- wide variety at breakfast - nice staff at reception

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

More like a 3-star hotel, NO WAY 5*
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

Hard bed and pillows, couldn't sleep well Old furniture No way this is a 5-star quality hotel

Close to spa

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Great Location - Green!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Great location in a green, quiet area. Friendly staff!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Convenient 1day stay
    • Superior Double/Twin Room

No food,not even snack food in the wellness or in a place where you can eat in bathrobe. Small wellness section

Nice rooms and hotel surrounding

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

friendly staff

friendly staff

• Reviewed: 25 May 2016

Swimming pool and wellness is perfect, in general the...

- Breakfast is awful. Not fresh vegetables for both mornings, fruit sortiment this poor. Eggs are greasy and heavy. Champagne is opened for many days. - Room design is too dark. Had to change room before moving in. - No towels in wellness, you have to bring it from room or do not get any. - Mini bar in the room is not cooling down drinks.

Swimming pool and wellness is perfect, in general the interior of the building is nice, location is amazing, beds are comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

The room was very comfortable.

The spa area could have been open longer at weekend, like the same time as during the week.

The room was very comfortable. Excellent service for breakfast and dinner. The food was also excellent, of very good quality. Great location for relaxing.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2016

Nice style, cleanliness, location, garage (it worth for...

Staff (reception, bar, restaurant) definetely not compliant to standards/expectations for a 5 star hotel. Medium-low quality of the food (breakfast and dinner), even if proposed in a good range/variety. Dinner time (in half board treatment) quite tight (6 p.m. - 9 p.m.).

Nice style, cleanliness, location, garage (it worth for +10€/day).

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Hotel looks new.

After arriving, I parked my car for 2 minutes just to check-in, in front of the lobby where several parking spaces where left. A guy from the hotel was really stressing and told me I had to park it at another place. I was guessing there is Valet Parking, but also false. Also they told me it´s another price like it was mentioned on booking, what is a really mess. (+30%) After that I asked for the opening time of the Sauna in the evening. (I firstly looked it up, it was 10pm), they told me it closes at 9pm, so no Sauna for you today, she said. So I ordered some food. It was not that bad, but my dinner have been served really cold and like always in Hungary double as fat like anywhere else. (The staff just forgot the cover my food while travelling trough the whole hotel). That was disgusting. The showers are like in the early 80s in Italy. Clean but dont work like they should. Also everybody from the staff smokes a lot in the backyard. That is not what I want to see in a 5 star hotel. At least forget any translation in english or german the will serve you. It´s always crappy and most of the time they mix both languages like they believe it would work. Very unprofessional. The doors are not what I expect from a 5 star hotel, you hear everything from outside inside your room. Also when cleaning the rooms begins at 8am, and the cleaning staff opens the door while you are sleeping. I expected at the next day a 5 star check-out. But I should be wrong again. After claiming all products from the minibar are free, there was no price list in the whole room, the girl from reception was getting ugly by telling me. "For sure it costs money, what do you expect from a 5 star hotel?" I told her what the law says about not having a price list. After that she told me furthermore I have to pay cash right now. I gave some of their funny money to the staff and left the hotel.

Hotel looks new.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2016

Our 5th stay at Divinus in Debrecen and the offered quality...

Our 5th stay at Divinus in Debrecen and the offered quality came again to confirm that Divinus is absolutely worthy the 5 stars. Cleanliness and comfort is perfect in this hotel, excellent maintenance of everything inside and outside, very professional staff, great breakfast and a very good dinner offered by hotel's restaurant. Great spa and special facilities for children (even if we don't have one, we have noticed that the hotel pays high attention to youngest guests as well, from dinning room to playing rooms and spa, there are special options for kids of any age). Looking forward to our 6th stay at Divinus!

• Reviewed: 17 April 2016

swimming pool is great for exercising

told front desk (three times) about faulty AC but never came to fix it. Therefore mosquitos were quite an issue at night >:(

swimming pool is great for exercising

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Efficient staff at reception and wellness

5 start hotel? I expect an average level of english of all hotel staff, not only at reception. Breakfast - nice choice - however the DE coffee machine is what one finds in a 2 star hotel.

Efficient staff at reception and wellness 25m (?) swimming pool !!! fantastic - wellness very nice. Bar at wellness is good idea. Good parking Room: large room, good internet.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2016

nice pool, staff polite/excellent, plentiful breakfast...

not a five star hotel for sure: rather hard bed, battery flat in TV remote (must say quickly replaced), elevator occasionally stops on a whim, shower gel ran out first day, wi-fi wouldn't work in room/anywhere in fact, extra charge for parking car under hotel

nice pool, staff polite/excellent, plentiful breakfast & dinner, room clean & tastefully furnished

• Reviewed: 28 March 2016

the ambience the facilities

the food and the price too expensive because the only room available in booking.com is the suite type which is non cancellable. I also don't like that they charge me prior to my stay

the ambience the facilities

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Politeness and professionalism of staff, nice enterieurs.

Electric plugs in the room were very difficult to access. I had to climb under the table. In the age of laptops/tablets this is bizarre.

Politeness and professionalism of staff, nice enterieurs. Good restaurant.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2016

Pleasant staff, especially behind the reception desk, good...

The shower heads are too high up. There should be a hand shower and an anti-slip mat (there were none available in the hotel).

Pleasant staff, especially behind the reception desk, good location, quiet and good breakfast

• Reviewed: 11 January 2016

It was overall very nice.

5* hotel with no ironing set? Quite hard to believe, but it is true. When I asked for help on the matter of this. I was given a "kind and favoring helpful hand" of ironing my shirts...which I was given a bill at the end (initially I was never informed that I will have to pay for this "favor"). This is a joke.

It was overall very nice. Breakfasts- awesome. Indoor parking. Room is spacious.Balcony. Good A/C. Decent bed (although single big bed is a cluster of two, so the groove in mid section is irritating).

• Reviewed: 25 November 2015

I did like everything, seriously.

Maybe a tv was a bit small and i was missing a small speaker or radio from the room, but it wasnt a big deal :)

I did like everything, seriously. The SPA is just absolutely amazing. The staff are friendly and helpful, even Krisztina (reception) :) Thank you, and next time i will stay in the divinus for shure :)

• Reviewed: 24 November 2015

3* hotel in every way.

3* hotel in every way. Second visit, both were extremely disappointed. Asked the breakfast to the room (which was included in the price) at 1 AM, and answered that we had to do this before 11 PM. However, at 9:50 AM we could order breakfast from the room service for 30 EUR. (so we had to pay for the included breakfast)

• Reviewed: 22 November 2015

Location was good close to the park, and easy transportation...

Service and facilities didn't quite have the little extra that would motivate a five star rating.

Location was good close to the park, and easy transportation to city center with the tram. Very good price performance.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2015

Staff was not very helpful when asked questions and they messed up our massage reservations. Wellness and massage are below average and room was below standard. This is definetly not a 5 star hotel.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2015

The staff, especially at the reception desk, are very...

The shower head is too high. There should also be a hand shower for greater comfort and cleanliness. The face mirror was unstable in room 352. The music in the breakfast room is too loud and usually not what one needs early in the morning. Soft music would do the job perfectly. You should promote Hungarian music instead of international 'musack'. The bar is too sombre with a horrible painting showing a masculine-looking female (or what passes off as a female). There should not be a television on. Bars are for drinking and talking, not watching rubbish on TV. People who insist on these low-grade programmes should be encouraged to watch in their own rooms. Your waiters are ok but they should wait to order drinks 'after' one has chosen the meal and having to sign the drinks bill upon arrival in the restaurant is unprofessional and highly annoying. Instead of sporting funereal looks, some of your staff should be taught to smile more which gives a better impression. Alan Saunders

The staff, especially at the reception desk, are very friendly and welcoming and they speak good English. It was nice to see female staff as this is not always the case in Hungary. I speak from experience. Breakfast is very good although occasionally there is not enough room for all those coming down to breakfast.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2015

The wellness area is good and they have about three...

Majority of staff do but understand English . The carpet is very dirty and the cleaning staff don't wash the bathroom . They just change the towels , the rooms are not cleaned properly . I think they should do something about d cleaning staff.

The wellness area is good and they have about three different sizes of pools.

• Reviewed: 11 September 2015

wellness and swim is nice also open long, so you can enjoy...

some of the receptionist are not helpful, they do not know f.i. where there is the nearest ATM. If You use the bike rental, be prepare for paying extra fee and need to use the bicycle without proper breaks. there is no Hungarian food specialties in the menu, You know from the guide books.

wellness and swim is nice also open long, so you can enjoy it after long meetings.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2015

Silent and clean room, good location, friendly staff.

Minor things: missing kettle, tea bags and cups from the room. At breakfast or dinner food ran out quite quickly and had to wait quite a bit to refill.

Silent and clean room, good location, friendly staff. They have arranged a special room for us with young children for no extra charge.

There are also 56 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse Hotel Divinus traveller photo gallery