Reviews of Hotel Museum Budapest 4 stars

1088 Budapest, Trefort 2, Hungary

#144 of 344 hotels in Budapest

• Standard Single Room

Silly, but a bit annoying - the shower tap had some odd design, so I had to ask a staff member to come and explain how to turn the water on.

Fantastic location, in a secluded central street away from the noisy boulevard. Staff is helpful, seemed to know the hotel inside-out, and had smiles on their faces 100% of the time. Next time I visit Budapest, I know where I'll staying without a doubt!

• Standard Single Room

Standart room is very tiny small, even you can not hang your shirts in the cupboard. No table concept in the hotel for business people to work easily, no plugs No restaurant to eat something after 21:00

Location was perfect if you come for enjoy but for business, it is not very important Employees were perfect, kind and interested

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The hotel is right at the centre of Budapest, everything is close, in a walking distance. The staff are very nice and helpful, they all speak English.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was very uncomfortable, the curtains weren’t blackout and let in all in the light and the breakfast was ok but not amazing.

Very modern, good location and friendly staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Our first room wasn't at grade of a 4 stars hotel.

Nice design of th hotel in general. kindness of the staff and professionality to care about guests needs. Good breakfast. Second room after we have asked a change very nice and comfortable.

The hotel was not clean enough for a 4 star hotel. The shower cubicle too small, each turn in it result in elbows hitting on the tap/connectors. Despite requesting quiet rooms, was disturbed by screaming children running up and down the hallway after midnight. Check out was conducted by a trainee, hence mistake was made on my bill by being overcharged, now will cost me in exchange rate fluctuation for the refund. Reception staffs gives contradicting informations to the different members of my group.

The hotel was as Central located as l hoped. Good breakfast, but not worth €12 per day.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I wish we had a bigger room. The other two family members had a lovely room but our room was so small (even though we paid the same rate) that we couldn't open our luggage without tripping over it.

The staff were super helpful. I emailed them the morning to ask if we may book in 2 hours earlier and they organised it without hesitation. They also assisted in making a restaurant reservation as well as taxi to the airport.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was not as clean as expected: there were peanuts and small bags under the bed, also there was a generous layer of dust near and on the minibar.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Although states 4 star it is a little shabby , the room was lovely but the bathroom was a bit shabby 😳 not 4 star quality

It was very contemporary and close to amenities

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was like sleeping on concrete - I like a hard bed but this was another level .

The location perfect, breakfast was plentiful and the pool/sauna area was lovely.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I think that they purposefully try to charge you for extras. Upon check-out they told us we need to pay the mini bar charges, but we did not consume anything. They were too quick to dismiss the charge making me believe that this is a usual thing they do. Also I enquired two times about massage fee-one via e-mail one in reception- they implied both times it is complimentary and then try to charge me for the treatment. After showing them the e-mail conversation it was clear that I had been mislead, on purpose in my opinion, and they dismissed the charge.

Clean, location

Cleaning room service was a bit strange, since it seemed nothing was cleaned just replaced (and I stayed there for 10 nights). 1st room where I stayed was in complete opposite condition then the room I was given later after complaint. Then in the other room, heating was not working really well, and one day I barely had warm water to take a shower. Definitely not for business trip anymore, the hotel was a bit noisy, but if you want to go just for vacation, then it is good choice. Good spa area, but very small gym (for max 2 people).

Bed was really comfortable, one of the best I've slept in. Breakfast was fair, but always fresh and the staff was really helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was comfortable, breakfast was really good and we really enjoyed the sauna and jacuzzi every evening, the wellness area is small but quiet and relaxing. Staff was very kind and helpful. The location was excellent, short walk to the synagogue,lots of bars and restaurants a few minutes away.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Room service was not clean enough. My wife had her lipstick on the towel and we put it on the floor for cleaning. However we found the same dirty towel hanging tidy.

Quite room

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We absolutely loved our stay here in January, the hotel was perfect location and really good value for money. I would definitely recommend the hotel for a weekend away!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was very spacious and super clean, the staff was super nice and kind, if they knew you spoke spanish they would try and speak it. The locations is also good, close to some subway lines, the national museum, a bridge to cross and get to the Citadel and to the shopping street. And the breakfast buffet is amazing! They have so many choices and the taste is so good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I asked for a room with the roof-view, but we were given much more better room with the balcony. That only one balcony which is face the street. During summer season you can take a shower with the balcony door opened! Ask for that room) We are very grateful to hotel staff for giving us chance to live in that room!

Bed was a little hard

Good little hotel. Central location and spa was brilliant. Room was spacious with a good shower and the staff were friendly and ordered a taxi when we needed to leave.

That I told the reservations a small booking mistake 2 weeks before arrival(booked 2 rooms instead of 1)and they charged me 2 rooms!Thank god I did not book mistakenly 100 rooms instead☹️

My departure day

WiFi connection could not really handle screen sharing and call via Skype for Business, connection was weak (but worked well for emails). Windows looked to another house’s window. That was rather frustrating. The sofa in my room was extremely dirty. I understand that cleaning ladies cannot clean that but then replace the sofa or clean it somehow. I did not sit on it because of how it looked like. There was no instruction on how to use/activate the safe in the room. Finally, there was a price list in the room where the single night price was 200 EUR. I am lucky I did not pay that much (or even close to this amount) for it ;) Nobody would... the best to remove that...

Location was great - everything was close by walking. Staff was nice and professional. They also allowed me to check in much more earlier because the room was ready. Check out time of 12:00 is also ‘customer-friendly’. The facilities (room, bathroom, elevator etc.) were good enough.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bathroom especially the shower was not very clean. The rooms have not been cleaned during may stay (3 nights), shampoo and showergel were not renewed, they offered no bodylotion. The sauna was out of order and not repaired during my stay and the wellness area doesn't seen very clean at all.

Breakfast was fine, wifi worked well. Staff at the reception was very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Once we didn't receive toilet paper, but we got this right away after we asked the reception, kindly offering to bring it up to us. The last day an hour before our checkout time we could not get into the room anymore, but we had to reactivate our room cards.

Very nice room, since we got an upgrade to a superior room. It was a luxury room with all the necessary comfort in it. All the touristic attractions were within walking distance of the hotel, which made it a great location. The wellness was an excellent extra to our stay, as it was nice to warm up a bit after a cold day.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Ideally I would have liked tea and coffee facilities in the room. But wasn’t expecting them as I had read the description.

Helpful friendly staff and beautiful building with a great atmosphere. V close to the best sights and restaurants.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I was surprised there is no lunch or dinner services at the hotel, I think this should be a must in a hotel with this category as not all guests wants to eat outside the hotel.

Location of the hotel is perfect as it is in the town centre where the shuttle bus from the airport goes by, lots of shops near the hotel and again well communicated.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Loved everything about the hotel but it does need tea/coffee facilities in the rooms - also the bar area could be made a little more welcoming - it was a little clinical but overall amazing Hotel

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The spa was not something special and their turkish bath is just a steam sauna!

Very well located. Staff were very supportive. Clean and comfort room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not enough lighting in the room. Didn’t appreciate being shouted at by a very bossy irate waiter during breakfast on our last morning, in front of a roomful of other guests. I felt totally humiliated.

Comfortable quiet room.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was not included in the price, I consider the price a little bit too high. I expected to have something to be included in the price (breakfast or parking lot). We had to pay for all services above the room price. We booked the hotel pretty late so it might be our fault too. If I take the time, I might have found other similar accomodation at better location and a few % cheaper. Otherwise, I can't tell anything wrong, we loved the hotel anyway and we enjoyed our stay.

We stayed in a room with patio, the room was perfect for two guests, the bed was really huge and very comfortable! The hotel is so nice, clean, unfortunately we stayed minimum time in the hotel as we were in the city centre almost all time. Staff was also very helpful and nice, they explained everything we needed. We asked for a 24hours parking place which had an excellent location (it is secured (?!), but outside and don't expect anything luxurious, but it's very close to the hotel).

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Lack of tea/coffee in the rooms

We liked the location as it was only 10/15 minute walk to the centre. the bedrooms were very spacious quiet and comfortable but we all agreed that the hotel should look at tea/coffee in the room. The staff were very knowlegeble and helpful. the breakfast choice was extensive and excellent. we also felt the bar area could be a little bit more welcoming - the layout just needs to be tweaked - overall we had a fabulous stay. Loved the jacuzzi and steam rooms.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room was really small and had weird odor, we had to open the window every day when coming back to the room, also bathroom was tiny

Close to astoria metro station

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The jakuzzi was too small and the water was stable. There was no system to refresh the water as a reault it was like a big bath. Hamam did not work for at least 1 week i was there.

Good location, good breakfast, nice and helpful personnel

• Standard Single Room

This hotel stole pre-auth money from my card. They gave me fake receit and did not return my money.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Museum Budapest is a great hotel if you are on a budget in Budapest. We visited for a few days during a business trip an we enjoyed our stay. The staff was polite and eager to help, the room was very clean, had all you might need and was quiet. To be honest, the whole hotel was quiet like a Museum :) I would definitely recommend id.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Upgraded to a superior room. Bottle of wine and a note in our room to welcome us and congratulate us on our wedding anniversary. Very lovely unexpected personal touch. Very central hotel, close to everything. Staff couldn’t be more helpful and friendly. In a nice quiet road off the Main Street, felt very staff and easy to get everywhere. I loved this hotel and will recommend to all my friends.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff were not helpful when we arrived. They were aware of my early check-in (which was only an hour and a half before 2:00 pm). The cleanliness of the room was questionable.

It was walking distance to the metro and food trucks.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Having coffee in the room.

The hotel is about 10 minute walk from the metro and the hop on hop off bus with a Tesco the same distance away should you want water/drinks. The hotel struggled to set the safe which we could not use for our stay of 4 days. There was no coffee in the room which is disappointing when we paid over £100 per night for the room and the coffee in reception area is only available 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The room was spacious but the bed a bit hard although that may suit some people. The staff were friendly and reacted quickly when my friend left her phone in the taxi. Taxis are very reasonably priced. Look for the children's railway, my friends and I really enjoyed the trip using taxi, bus, tram, train and chair lift for our trip. The breakfast had a good variety for you to select from.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The "special offer" price means absolutely nothing at this hotel. When I booked 1 night, for me it said price down from 77 K HUF to 38 K. I ve checked the next day at my checkout, then booking said price down form 38 K to 23 K. I understand they whant to get max profit but the same room costs sometimes 250 EUR, then 130, then 70 EUR - to me it s unprofessional. And all this without breakfast. So I ve lost confidence in this hotel. If you see price over 70 EUR, feel ripped off!....

Location is nice, also clean and good equipped room (coach was useful as we were 2 plusz 1 kid)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The personal of the hotel is to serious. Helpful but without a smile for guest. In one of the 2 days we stayed at the hotel, the towels weren't changed. In the room where we were stayed, on the top floor, there was a strange smell.

The location is perfect, approximately in the city center. Very quite area. Near metro station and bus station. Breakfast was perfect.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was small. If someone was sitting on the chair, no one could pass through the corner. No lamp or light was placed on the desk, so we had to use phone light if we wished to do little reading on the desk. Most of the receptionists were helpful, except one lady whose attitude was rather rude. While it took 5 minutes to walk to the metro station, there were at least four to five beggars along the road and the street was full of urine smell.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Beds are really hard. Parking is open air around corner and too pricey.

Nice Hotel with good facilities on site. Staff were helpful. Location is good as it is a short walk to transport and shops.

Helpful polite staff and very comfortable bed.Good shower. Great to have tea/coffee making facilities in the room and a balcony to enjoy it on. Very central location with easy access to public transport and sights .

• Standard Double or Twin Room

swimming pool open at 17 pm and we have a child who could't swim for we had only 1 day to stay if they can open the swimming pool earlier , it will be better

every thing was very good the breakfast , the location and staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The bed was too hard.. almost like sleeping on the floor. Two single beds pushed together... with two single douvet's... I was by myself so not the end of the world but I would not go back to this hotel purely for this reason. It is amazing to pay good money for a nice hotel only to have a single bed cover which was so narrow it fell off me every time I rolled over. The hotel really needs to fix this.

It is in a quiet street. The room itself and the bathroom were nice. Staff were friendly.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We arrived at the hotel and the receptionist told us that we were upgraded to a superior room, though we booked a standard. Only in a few hours we realized that the AC unit controlling the floor they put us was not working and it was the hottest days of the year (38 Celcius) in August. First they lied to us saying things like tomorrow we will fix it the first thing, bla bla, though they knew that the problem was not simple... We had a horrible night, top floor, hot like hell thinking it is only one night... Only the next day in the afternoon (after many calls and visits to the reception desk) they came out to say that the problem was big and cannot be fixed in a day and offered us another room, which was standard as we originally booked. While the hotel facility was clean and the location was good, I did not like this unprofessional and unethical management style!

Steam room only opens at 5pm to 10pm

Great hotel, 10 minute walk from centre or 2 minutes on tram. The staff were extremely nice especially the blonde girl working in the mornings. If your reading this follow me on Instagram roy_heaney , I'm in love with you

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Poor cleaning while stay, small shower cabin, sewing kit was not available even on request at the reception desk.

Great location, nice design of the hotel, convenient beds.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Never had tea and coffee making facilities in room. Plus no English tv channels apart from Sky news. No draws in room.

Safe was not working in some rooms and bar could be open in the day not just at 5pm.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

With this room price breakfast should be included. Parking is expensive and on site. We spent two nights there and NOBODY came to clean up the room.

The hotel location is great. It is close to the city center and bars. I liked the view at the street where we had our car parked.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

One of your employees gave me two negative answers and her colegue gave me positive answers on the same questions later on... I work in hospitality more than 10 years and "NO" is never an alternative. Explain to Your staff that the guest behavior is a direct reflection of their behavior. Purpose is not to judge their attitude, but to find out how a request can be possible and impossible at the same front desk?

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I think the hotel car park is definitely too expensive.

Very helpful staff, cosy spacious room cleaned every day. Very comfortable bed and perfectly working air-conditioner.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very bad mood staff,especially girls with grey uniform. Soundproofing of the room was awful,in the nigh you can hear how many times you neighbor went to the toilet..

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast is not worth the money and 4*. Everything looked and tasted very cheap. Towels in the bathroom could be bigger and fluffier. In general, tend more to the cleanliness and well-functioning of the bathroom, ie. fixtures (parts of the shower tap were missing), toilet (mold and black marks on the inside), shower cabin (black marks in the corners)

Good ambience of the hotel. Very quiet in a side street but yet in central location. Nice room, very comfy beds, good air-conditioning. They keep their environmental promise, our towels were not exchanged for 3 days. Nice massage by Gyuri.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

- Small Room - Small bathroom - Not much variety for breakfast (you end up eating every day the same thing) - Too Expensive for what it offers

+ Friendly staff + Nice common areas (lobby + mueum room)

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The air-con did not working well, it was not powerful enough for cooling under hot summer. I made a complain to the reception and eventually was given a change to another room. I was happy with the fast response, but, on the other hand, the new room was only half the size of the original one. Plus side was the new room was small enough to maintain cooling in the room. But, I felt that the room did not worth the money.

The location and friendly staffs.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No tea of coffee making facilities in room, fridge was too small and did not keep items particularly cold.

Comfortable bed, friendly and extremely helpful staff and air conditioning.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Taxi service was very slow. Had to wait over 20 minutes after hotel called for a cab to the airport.

For the price we got a very spacious and comfortable room, staff was very helpful, good location walking distance to a lot of the Buda + Pest attractions.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I was assigned a room on the first floor which was at the end of the corridor next to the housekeeping stores. So each morning I was woken by the banging of doors and sounds of trolleys being filled with mini bar bottles and cleaning goods etc as the housekeeping maids carried out their duties. This room was only separated by a thin wall from the store room sdo every sound made in the store room (including the telephone calls and staff talking to each other) travelled through the guest room.

Staff were extremely friendly at check in and gave me plenty of literature to help with my planning for getting around and seeing the sights. Hotel is very modern and clean. I did not happen to use the leisure facilities or hotel bar but from what I saw they seemed very good.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Photos of the hotel showed on the Booking.com are showing only part of the hotel which has been renovated. When booking pay attention to the type of the room or ask for a room in the renovated part, otherwise you end up in a shoebox sized room with old shower cabin and no space for anything at all.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The Bar required payment in cash and did not provide for putting it on the room. I was unable to adjust the air conditioning and often found the room too hot.

The room was well appointed and clean. The mini fridge was not " on its last legs" and there were ample towels. I was able to navigate from the Hotel with ease. It was easy to book taxis and the breakfast selection was more than sufficient. The location enabled one to see a number of sides of Budapest.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We asked to change blankets and for other bath foam but they did not make it. Notwithstanding is in a quite street they made works early in the morning, and at the second floor room you can unfortunately hear so well the cleansing street workers early in the morning

Is near to the Metro, modern building with fitness and sauna, new mattress and room with all standard comfort

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Reception staff was completely clueless. They could not find the reservation, as I reserved for three people. It was really a pain to check in. Than one of my colleges got a room, which was half cleaned. Had to change to another one.

Nice Hotel in a nice location. It is very hard to park your car however. But once it is done, everything is close to the hotel, you can just walk.

• Standard Single Room

Staff trying to sell you extras such as guided tours or private taxi to airport.

I was given a superior room about 25 sq.m. - a pleasant surprise - probably because most other guests were members of tour groups. Good breakfast. Some interesting works of art, porcelain, on display in hotel. Very good location - handy for metro and sights.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The room that we were in, could not open window totally. With small room, two people. Bit crowded.

The convenient location near Astoria metro Station. Staff friendly and helpful, booked a wonderful dinner at nearby restaurant. Complimentary coffee machine in lounge.

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Standard Twin Room

Location was within 20 minute stroll from the centre of the city, good restaurants in this area, none apparent to us near the hotel, but maybe we didn't find them. Very helpful reception staff, who provided information on tours and places to see and assisted in making bookings for the tours that we selected. Very good breakfast included in the booking (that we had made) made the stay a lot easier. The weather was very hot on the two days we stayed, and the aircon was able to make the stay very pleasant.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not enough toiletries - in a double room only one set of toiletries was provided. Food variety on breakfast was quite good, but quality was poor. Standard double room was quite small.

Air conditioning in the room, very big and comfy bed, hotel location.

insufficient lighting to read comfortably on sofa; breakfast while good value was a bit short on variety fresh fruit and bakery products

nice size of hotel with character, clever modern décor allowing the character of the old building to come through; brilliant location close to National museum and metro. spacious room (booked superior for small premium)

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I had room 310 and in some cases, mostly in the morning, you could hear a noise in the room, like some kind of a constant hit in the wall or something, I've understood that there is a school near by. The parking place is in the back of the hotel and you must go around the buildings to go there and 17 euros per day is a little much from my point of view. The personell was like black and white, some of them very helpful but some of them not so kind.

I liked the positioning of the hotel, close to the metro and other transportation facilities. The room was spacious, but I think I received a superior room :), clean, very comfortable bed and nicely decorated. The fact that it had a SPA center, even it is a small one, it is very good after a long day. Overall a good hotel for our citybreak.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Front office staff could be bit better trained to notify guests of possible inclusions/exclusions in hotel rate. We forgot breakfast was not included and where bit surprised to get the bill at the end of our stay. If we had been reminded earlier, we could have made alternative arrangements for breakfast on some days. Also we planned to do a wine boat tour and where told we could book on the day but on the day we where told there was no space..

Good location, minutes walk to underground and supermarket. We prefer to walk so walked to most main attractions from hotel. Rooms were nice and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Standard Single Room

Arriving at 10.15pm only to discover the hotel does no food other than breakfast. Reception staff indifferent to the situation; you'll find a Tesco 300m away. A stale Tesco sandwich was not what I had in mind. Room was incredibly hot - staff response was it is Spring so sometimes the outside temperature is hot sometimes cold and we cannot flip between air-conditioning and heating. I visit Budapest regularly - there are no circumstances in which I would ever use this hotel again!

the bed was comfortable

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was nothing we didn't like.

The location of hotel was great - roughly 10-15 minutes walk in any direction took you to places of interest, i.e. The Danube, Central Food Hall, good restaurants. Overall the location gave easy access to all the major sight-seeing.

• Standard Single Room

The cleaning of the room was poor. I found someone's underwear under the desk! The door to the bathroom was dirty.

The location was good and the staff friendly.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There is nothing that we didn't like about this hotel

Quiet location yet central with easy walking to river and main areas. Staff friendly and helpful. Very good breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I don't understand why a hotel of that category would charge people to check in early when the room is vacant and clean. It just seems like a hassle and squeezing out as much as they can. I've never encountered that before, even at the cheapest places staff will let you check in early under the circumstances mentioned above. The receptionist lady was also not very nice about it, we got a very cold reception as well as the typical Hungarian eyerolling, which is something that is an absolute taboo in customer service. It seems like a leftover from communist times. Anyway, don't do that, be nice to your customers, they're the ones guaranteeing you have a salary. Also, the airconditioner in the room didn't work, at night, it sometimes got unbearably hot. Staff didn't fix it even after being notified.

Room was comfortable, albeit rather small. Nice bathroom. Breakfast buffet was adequate but way overpriced.

When it got hot the AC didn't work on cooling

The superior room was very comfortable and even though there was a film being shot in the street outside the double glazed windows cut most of the noise.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing - I loved every moment of the stay.

The staff were amazing - friendly, happy to help and great with local knowledge. I couldn't recommend this place enough! :)

Browse Hotel Museum Budapest traveller photo gallery