Reviews of Hungaria Guesthouse

1141 Budapest, Hungária krt. 71., Hungary

#131 of 163 B&Bs and Inns in Budapest

We were altogether very happy with the accommodation and will definitely choose it again. Thank you!
    • Double or Twin Room

The property is in an area that is not the best, on a big main road with a lot of traffic.

Very comfortable en-suite bedroom at an extremely good price, beautiful entrance with roses into a leafy courtyard with outdoor seating, guesthouse clean, lovely big kitchen and staff very friendly and welcoming. Close walking distance to metro.

Worth to stay for a weekend to visit Budapest!
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Only aspect which is important to mention is the situation with bath and toilet on the corridor, but for a short stay it is enough.

I was there for a weekend trip and it was perfect for such a purpose. The room was clean and enough space. The check-in and check-out was easy and the personal was very friendly. The way to the center of Budapest is fast with the metro.

For students - maybe.

You have to remember it's a guesthouse.. a student might feel 'not bad' in there, but... Whole building just cries for a general renovation. The room was small, bed linen quite old. I had to replace one sheet as I found lots of hair on it. I've been informed by a staff member (or maybe the owner?) that it was 100% washed and somehow I believe him - but still. The entrace to the building is a little bit hidden. Looking from outside it's not possible to spot the place.

Even tough I didn't like this property I have to say that the staff is doing everything they can to be there and help, The man I've met (maybe the owner) was very polite and did everything with a smile so I hope he won't take it personally. Also - he agreed to shorte my stay as I had to move out one day earlier.

Garden around.

Mess. I recommend to check the room (cleanliness) immediately after arrival. We solved it on the other day and it was difficult to communicate with the maid.

Garden around. Tram and underground stations nearby.

It's ok for a couple of nights
    • Double or Twin Room

The water pressure from the shower was very poor. The house has thin walls and if the other guests are noisy it can be tricky to have a good night's rest.

The host was very nics. The location is good. Closer to public transportation. You can get to the center in 10-15 minutes by metro. The room was clean.

The room was fine and the position was good, near the puskas...
    • Double or Twin Room

The bathroom equipment is old and didnot look very clean. Bad smell comming from the bathroom (mould smell). The parking area from behind the hotel which is not locked in the hotel's back yard is not secured . I have foud my car screen window broken. Difficult to communicate with the staff as they are not speaking english. (only 1 person from the staff is speaking english) but he was not present there all the time.

The room was fine and the position was good, near the puskas ferenc arena and metro station. The room price is cheap.

The staff was nice and the room was alright.
    • Quadruple Room

There wasn’t a possible to pay with card, cash only. The cleanliness of the bathroom was so bad.I think the shower never had a good cleaning ☹️

The staff was nice and the room was alright.

As we had program in Laszlo Papp Arena, location was perfect...
    • Quadruple Room

Bad site was bathroom, probably they have problem with sewage, there was stench in toilet. No towels available, tv in room, but not working. We were expecting more clean place.

As we had program in Laszlo Papp Arena, location was perfect, also parking place by the Guesthouse was including.

Everything besides my negative comments has a rating of...
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

1) There is no soap in the bathrooms. The owners could support the bathrooms with liquid soap. 2) The upper floors are a bit smelly and noisy, because the building is kind of "old". I'd say it has a castelly-antique smell, witch I do like. But I do not understand why the smell from the old toilet pipes in the wall, could not be eliminated with antibacterial solutions. 3) The guesthouse should offer slippers, the stairways and the rooms could be cleaned a bit more often during your stay.

Everything besides my negative comments has a rating of 8-9-10. The garden is pretty and clean, the stairways fairly represent that old Hungarian castle feeling. The labyrinth of the stairways is lovely. The rooms are comfortable and clean(I have asthma and I did not had problems), pets are not allowed on the upper floors. Most importantly, the owners are nice, and they are trying to do their best. Keep in mind that the owners are a married couple, only 2 of them, so it's hard for them to keep up with everything in time. I'm sure that in time, as their business grows, they will hire someone to help them and make this place fabulous.

not again

Thin wall + noisy guests in the room near mine. No sleep couse of them! Old broken furniture, I felt every spring in the mattress. Expensive for the given conditions. The room I booked initially was occupied when arrived. Host offered another room but with less conditions (no bathroom) for the same price. I had to "negotiate" a lower price for the lower conditions.

close to public transportation routes

Katie is very nice and welcoming.
    • Double or Twin Room

Some of the guests were very noisy and didn't care about slamming the doors late in the evening. But I guess - it is their bad behaviour.

Katie is very nice and welcoming. She helped my friend and me a lot about everything that we needed. She is very nice.

Comfortable

It wasn't as clean as it should be, but it was okay.

We got complimentary champagne for the NY Eve, the owner is super nice, beds comfortable, the common kitchen clean and with a coffee machine.

Summig all I shall go there next time.

My husband and I got two separate single rooms at the mansard of the house without knowing it before. When I booked the place I asked for double room. That was not problem. The problem for me was the horrible staircase to reach our rooms. There was no hand grip. I was scared.

The staff was very kind. The guest house is 5 min walk away from Papp László Sport Arena and 10 min from the nearest metro station.

Oldstyle railway Mansion
    • Double or Twin Room

Shower flow was slow and toilette wasn´t isolated from it. Every time was wet... And watch out for parking on the street or on the "fields". Parking is not free in this district and parkomats are a little bit hide.

We came in the evening and the first view was like from horror. Old house inside the yard - we really love it. Position of guesthouse was also great - quiet (in the front was main road, but house in the yard), close to the city center (we was alway walking). Whole house was thematic acording to old buildings in Budapest. If you like that, try it.

Good value for money, if you want luxury, dont come :)
    • Double or Twin Room

sound in the room, you could here everything from other rooms. Boiler very loud, toilet has certain smell, but if you close door its ok. Shower is very poor. Bathroom could use some renewal.

Its great to stay if your passing through. More like flowerpower type of accomodation, but clean and good value for money. Staff is very nice!

The check-in hours were good and the guesthouse is one metro...
    • Double or Twin Room

There was a queen size bed with sheets for single bed, so we had to sleep on a mattress which was very dirty. The room smelled like mold. Overall,it's not worth the money.

The check-in hours were good and the guesthouse is one metro station away from Keleti

The place itself is good located and nicely furnitured.
    • Double or Twin Room

Signs for the place is hidden in the trees plus the entrance is bit scary:) We came at end of September and nights are already cold, unfortunately room was not heated well and blankets were very light.

The place itself is good located and nicely furnitured. Easily reached from city center or bus station. Room was comfy.

There was not free parking around (only during the nights.
    • Double or Twin Room

There was not free parking around (only during the nights. BUT it is payed parking from 8 am!) how they are guaranted on booking.com. We could not take any tea, coffee in the morning... We arrived during the night and there is a hole near the door bell so I hurt my leg...

Bed-bugs!!! Be careful, we got bited like hell, its just awful( Also they wrote that they have free public parking, but nobody said that only for the night, when morning comes you have to pay! We made check-out on 10:30 and we got penalty for parking. Actually personal anyway dont speak english so communication is impossible. To drink coffee from machine you need to buy special coin, but only with local money, they didnt except euro, they dont care. This place is awful

Fridge not working, beds were very old, only one hand towel between five people, air con in lift bedroom not working, sheets were old

Good kitchen faciliies

Good price
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

It was difficult find it and then to check in, no one opened the gate during 10 min. The room itself wasn't that bad but the bathroom a bit neglected. Far from the center, 1 km from the nearest metro station.

Good price

ı never suggest this hotel
    • Quadruple Room

firstly I have wrtie the adress of the hotel to my navigation but about 4 hours ı have looked for this hotel. end of this 4 hours ı found the hotel. and the receptionist said me we cant used credit card only cash. and give money and then you can put your suitcase to the hotel. the hotel is not clean enough. and the noise of the train plaguesome. and the condition of the hotel is so scary. in the middle of the night you can hear the noise of the walking, a man is continuous coughing. so that I newer suggest this hotel.

I dont like anything in this hotel.

Bed bugs nightmare
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

- It was a shock at the beginning because the entrance was not the best looking one, neither the area; but that was not an important thing for us. - We couldn't pay with card, so we had to walk back to the metro station in order to find an ATM to have our room. - Any of the staff were able to speak English, so that made the communication impossible. - Mattresses were too soft and dirty, and the bed sheets were even dirtier, they had holes in them! - We tried to ignore all of these things and we kinda slept the first night, but our surprise was the first morning after we woke up: my boyfriend had a lot of bites along his legs! so we tried to find bugs or something and couldn't find anything, so we thought they were just mosquitoes. During the second morning my boyfriend woke up with even more bites so we decided to look for something more deeply and found a dead bed bug in our bed, we talked immediately with the man in the reception (we think he was the owner) and the cleaning lady, but of course with the language limitation they couldn't help us, so my boyfriend needed to take his shirt off to show them all the bites that he had and only after that they told us that it was a spider, not bed bugs as we thought (yeah, right). They offered us a new room that of course we took, but the damage was already done, we couldn't sleep properly anymore because we were too worried to get our things infested by bedbugs. - After 4 nights there we were soooo happy to leave this place, which has been so far the worst accommodation I've ever been

We had a big fridge and the whole "kitchen" (even though it wasn't a proper kitchen) for us

OK
    • Double or Twin Room

It was a bit noisy, there is a railway close to the property. The staff doesn't speak english. The towels were a bit smelly

We had free parking place at the property.

Very uncomfortable and dirty. There is no pride taken in this property.
    • Double or Twin Room

If you want to passive smoke 24 hours a day take the twin room on the ground floor. The sheets and towels were paper thin and the floor felt like it had not been swept for weeks. The sheets were also so filthy that we requested clean ones. The Bathroom requires maintenance as the plumbing was smelly and the toilet was tempermental. Admittedly, the accomodation was cheap but it does not compare to prices elsewhere. The outdoor area is a smokers haven and the ashtrays were always overflowing.

The property is close to public transport but there is a lot of drug/alcohol and homeless issues in the area

Location was quite good.

Towels were wet, and one was even dirty. The shower heads were rusty. The pillows were awful.We could not contact the people in advance to ask for early check in. Nobody answered our mail.

Location was quite good. Close to the metro station, very close to the tram line.Good wifi signal.

Not safe for foringers.
    • Double or Twin Room

I cannot recommend it to foreigners. The place is not safe. Our helmets were stolen in front of place and the owner didn't want to cooperate and to call the police for us. We did it ourselves and were advised that the region is no safe. The personal don't speak any foreign languages, not even English.

Lady at front desk was the sweetest.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

It was 38 degrees Celsius during day so I can't really blame them, but there is no AC or anything so we couldn't rest much

Lady at front desk was the sweetest. She didn't speak english much but understood what we needed her to. She arranged taxi to airport for us. No hassle at all. Good place for layover between connections

There was a parking nearby.

It was noisy from a train railway nearby and the neighbors. The cleanliness was so-so okay.

There was a parking nearby. The kitchen was fully equipped. The staff was nice. It was 15 mins walk away from a metro station.

We had BED BUGS in our room!
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

We had BED-BUGS in our room! the first night I caught one climbing up my sheets - I squeezed it and I figured out that it had already sucked my blood. There were also blood stains on the bedding the next morning. The toilet and shower was miserable as well, so the whole impression was worse than horrible. As we were supposed to stay two nights, I told the stuff about the bugs (they spoke very little English) in the morning. They arranged with us straight away, but I was afraid of importing the bedbugs with us, plus, it interfered with our program.

Dirty place, nice city!

It was so dirty everywhere, it was impossible to have a shower because in the bathroom was a bad smell and all the objects were very dirty. The price was huge for these conditions. The bed...I don't want to remember. I can"t to sleep because the I refused to lay on that bad. We travel a lot and we booked our hotels on Booking all the time, but I can't to understand how it was possible to take a room like this. The window...it saw the water only when it is rainy outside. A very old and dirty place.

Nothing. It was absolutely horrible.

The lady who greeted us, although she did not speak much...
    • Double or Twin Room

The lady who greeted us, although she did not speak much English, was very friendly and the communication was not problematic. Although the hotel is located on one of the busy streets, we could hear no traffic at all thanks to the lovely garden surrounding it.

Nice place but we fijo bed bugs :(
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

We found bedbugs ... we told the staff and they seemed concerned so I guess they will do something with this problem. But yeah. There were bedbugs 21 of July so maybe make sure the problem is solved before booking a bed there .

Very quiet place and beatiful house.
    • Double or Twin Room

Spiders and centipedes in the bedroom. Bathroom a little smelly. The hostess didn't explain anything about the house or city, she doesn't speaks english.

Very quiet place and beatiful house.

Most cold and unfriendly welcome ever!!! Wouldn't recommend!
    • Double or Twin Room

The receptionist was very unfriendly. One of the most unkind i've ever met. I have been to lots of hotels but this beat everything. We had a reservation and i had to check in before 23.00 and I arrived at 22.55. I tried to call a few times we're runnig late to the hotel due to traffic but nobody talked English. I only had a debit and credit card on me but i didnt have cash on me at 22.55 and the receptionist told me its not possible to pay with card and that I must go out and find something another place. I offered to go to the atm right away but she said it's already 23.00 and she was going home. After some whining from my side she eventually gave in to let me pay the next day. but it was a very cold and unfriendly welcome. Disgusting.

The rooms and facilities were fine.

Super grajdołkowo!
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Blue light is not appropriate for sleeping.

Super grajdołkowo!!! The hostel seems like is located in a secret garden. It is beautiful and very comfortable.

Nice big house from the outside, kind staff, it's okay...
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Could be cleaner, the furniture and the bedsheets could be newer, there was no towel in our room.

Nice big house from the outside, kind staff, it's okay for one night, average rooms. Location is not bad just a bit far from the metro station.

Just wi-fi
    • Double or Twin Room

Everything was terrible. The sheets were all dirty. There were black stains on the sheets and there were dead flies on the walls. We couldn't find cold water. It was boiling hot. There was a really terrible smell in the room. During the night we had to fight with little bugs. We tried to talk about these problems with the staff, but they never spoke even an English word. We tried to communicate with our Hungarian dictionary but they never helped us. We stayed there one night, but they took more money than that. Lastly, flies bit us during the night so we had to ran away from this so-called guesthouse at 8 o'clock to find a decent hostel.

Just wi-fi

great for a short stay
    • Quadruple Room

Room was a little hot and one bunk was too high for us oldies

Great place to stay if just overnight we have been before chinese resturant great meals and parking is next door on the corner tram station just over the road

Nothing good

First of all the room is not clean. Secondly ( most importantly), there is a constant loud noise in my room throughout the midnight. Moreover the staff is not friendly at all. I definitely not recommend this place

Nothing good

Cute guesthouse perfect for concert-goers!
    • Double or Twin Room

Unless you're going to an event, this is not the best neighbourhood to be in - opt for somewhere more central. Very thin curtains - could essentially make eye contact with the people smoking outside in the garden - bring eye masks and ear plugs!

Perfect location for concert-goers (400m or so from Budapest Arena)! Beautiful house with a lovely green path leading away from the main road. Tidy kitchen and quaint rooms.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Bed Bugs and Sewage
    • Quadruple Room

The room: Strong sewage smell from bathroom made brushing teeth and showering next to impossible. Wooden bed frames caked with unidentifiable grudge. Possibly dirt, possibly human matter. Mattresses/linens smelled of urine and had multiple brown, yellow, and red stains. Most importantly, beds were covered with BED BUGS. We woke to bugs biting us and were covered in sores. Upon further inspection, we could see the bugs crawling all over the beds. Exterior: courtyard under construction and homeless shelters right outside the door

The location was a 10 minute walk from the metro.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Horible. Stay home or sleep under a bridge in Budapest.
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The most dirty property I ever been. You get dirty only by going into your room and touching stuff around. Beds incorfotable. In the middle of nowhere. Host extremely rude, they want only your money. At the same price you can get way better accomodation. I won't recomend this place even to my strongest enemy.

Nothing. Horrible. Don't go there.

Price is really good but not comfortable.
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Bed was really uncomfortable. We got bug bites. Room was too hot and air conditioning didn't work we wanted to ask employee but they didn't now English well.

Garden was nice

For a short stay in Budapest is a good vote.
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Very, very hard to find it!!! Very bad signed, if you don´t remember a house number! An English language equipment of personal is not the best.

Near by City traffic, our program was only 500 metres far from the accomodation. We had a room with own bathroom!!! Great!!

Beautiful building, bit of a shame
    • Double or Twin Room

Our shower basin was cracked, meaning water ran into it and festered, making the bathroom smell horrendous. If you stepped on that area, gross water would flow back up bringing sediment and general disgustingness with it, so it was difficult to feel clean. We were also only given two very small towels . The building in general needs a good deep clean and updating, as it's a beautiful house but is definitely starting to crumble at the edges. As we were packing on our final day, about half an hour before check out a cleaner came in and asked us to finish packing downstairs so she could clean the room. This seemed pointless as we were nearly finished packing anyway and would take more effort to get everything downstairs to finish rather than the ten minutes it would take for us to finish up anyway! If check out is at 11, we should have until that time to check out and should not feel pressured by rude staff to leave early.

The building itself was very pretty with a gorgeous stone stairway. Nice roses in the garden with a bench area outside if you want to relax or smoke. Overall, I found it was a pleasant place to stay and public transport links were fairly simple.

We booked 2 rooms.
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

We booked 2 rooms. One room Ok, but in another bed linen was dirty and the most horrible - there are were bedbugs on beds. So my friend's legs were bitten.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Good price for wanderer
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The location is not that good to get from the airport. There isn't air conditioner in the rooms, just a little fan in some of them

Great crew with great price

Close to city
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The temperature of the room was very high as we were in the attic room and the air conditioning didn't work

It was very close to the city only took 15 minutes from hostel

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Inexpensive accommodation on main route

Although clean and bed comfortable, room had strong and bad smell caused by damp and lack of ventilation in enclosed shower room/W.C. area.

Had limited time on one night stay but good location with tram stop for No. 1 inner circle route - bus to center 1 tram stop or 10 minute walk. Friendly reception lady with limited English. Facility to make hot drinks + coffee machine. Easy and ample car parking. Inexpensive tariff. Guesthouse is set in pleasant grounds, and is quiet although on main road.

Very good accodomodation for this price
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

This accommodation was the best cheap option we could get in Budapest with private bathroom, free safe parking and with easy access to the city center. The location is perfect because everything is nearby and you can reach by foot. There is a metro station, bus stations, tram stop was a minute walk away, grocery stores , restaurants (we recommend Terrace Café Food and Drink, Egressy út 16), etc. It's lovely, quite place with nice garden area. Room was nice and clean and beds are comfty. They have a really big kitchen with dining place. We would definitely stay here again the next time we go to Budapest.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Good priece/qualite!
    • Triple Room with Shared Bathroom

It necesare the renovation for furniture, windous and bathrooms .

Raport priece-qualite, very good, relative near the Metro (M2 read), nice building and atmosphere! The staff very kinde!

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

The prices are low so I can't complain
    • Double or Twin Room

Sheet was full of marks and hairs. Probably it was washed, but really poorly. There was also strange smell in the bathroom. Also the workers don't speak English (or I've been lucky for two days in avoiding that staff). The last thing, but it's rather design of the building, doors and windows are very thin so you can hear the smallest step outside, and some cars (but normal earplugs are enough to bear with it).

Very cheap prices, some staff in the hall to make a breakfast or a quick meal. Also quite good location, because it's 800 meters far from Puskas Ferenc Stadion, and even at night you have night buses from city center every 15 minutes

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Disappointed

The staff do not speak a word of English despite what is being advertised. Remember to ask for & collect your deposit!

Good location. Easily accessible public transport network.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Pretty property but no wow experience
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

The linen was not clean. I often found the shared bathroom dirty. Getting there the first time was also tricky.

The property was very beautiful. Staff was cordial. Room was pretty.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

trust me never choose this hostel
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

1. they don't speak english 2. they only accept cash 3. disgusting environment 4. extremely dirty with bugs on bed.

nothing, except I left here alive, although I paid money for one more night.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Best cheap option other than a dorm in a Hostel
    • Double or Twin Room

Room was very small, in great need for some renovation and does not look very clean. Would not recommend for a multiple night stay. Don't book if you are freaked out by a hair in the bathroom.

It was the best cheap option we could get with private bathroom and with easy access to the city center (15 minutes from property to the Christmas Market with the metro). Perfect for a one nighter if you only need a place to sleep. Relatively safe public free parking.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

You are not welcome..
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

Well the owner was really nasty.. He yelled on Us (in hungarian.. nobody speaks this language. Yes we are preety sure he was cursing Us..)becouse the door ring was broken. My advice ,fix the door ring, stop yelling at the guest or just find another business.

Hot water..

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

For one-two nights
    • Quadruple Room

Unclean bathroom. We reserved one room and get other (smaller...). After complaints, they offered a refund, not to give us the right one.

Good location, near Arena and metro. Cheep.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

Send your money elsewhere
    • Double or Twin Room

Host cannot communicate in English, uses teenaged son to provide limited instructions that are hard to follow. Kitchen has a pervasive odour. Automatic lights in dark hallway ineffective. Bare rooms with dirty floors. Basic beds with dirty mattresses and sheets that don't fit or fully cover the mattress. Pillows are just synthetic balls of fluff - no structure or support. Basic toilet and shower facilities - no towels supplied! Train runs past back of house. Noisy construction in next field. All TV channels are in Hungarian. I couldn't stay as was becoming ill and needed comfort in order to rest.

Quaint garden setting

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

The local chinese restaurant
    • Double or Twin Room

Arrived late at night having been ripped off in a taxi. I arrived with 47.95 euros and owner refused to accept it even though my bill was 48euros. No lift. Spiral stairs to room with no rail to hold

The local chinese restaurant

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Acceptable Low cost solution
    • Double or Twin Room

dirty sheets no stove dirty bathroom no towels a lot of noise from nearby train station

safe parking with private gate closed by key close to metro

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Flea Ridden Dump.
    • Double or Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

My wife and I stayed one night at this hovel.In fact it turned out to be a flea pit. We were both badly bitten by bed bugs.We were so badly bitten that on return to Saudi Arabia, we both had to be attended by a doctor to treat the bites ,itch and welts of the bugs.We saw big black bugs crawling on the bed in this slummy grotty hovel. When we complained the lady in charge couldn't speak English or any language other than Hungarian. Nobody was allowed to cook there. Avoid this insect ridden dump at all costs.It is to be avoided like the plague.Otherwise welcome to "dumpville"

Nothing much,

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Low price equals law quality #it works here: tested
    • Double or Twin Room

Stained sheets, old futons, dusty curtains and a window is in "elegant shabby сhic" :) The staff barely speak English. I made an attempt to call a taxi to the airport via the hostess. Guess what? Right, it was ruined:) I was lucky enough to catch a passing taxi. I don't really mean to screwed up this place. Personally, I recommend to keep searching for a better place. Budapest is a gorgeous city with tons of options. One of the best cities I've ever seen and one of the worst hostels I've ever been:) Good luck, guys!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

Worst experience in Budapest so far
    • Double or Twin Room

-Hard to find, there is no sign out -Owners were not very happy to see us. We arrived 40 minutes before the last check-in time but they were allready sleeping. I tryed calling a few times before i got an answer to get directions but comunication was hard in english. -Room was dirty, bed sheets were dirty, no towels -Close to the train tracks so very noisy

Not much

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

no no no
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Not clean, Staf is not hospitabel, she gave me a enter code for outside door. When we came to hostel at midnight it did'nt work, waited nearly 30 minutes in the dark We had to ring bell. Then she came and said us a lot of things. it was so crude.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

A total letdown
    • Double or Twin Room

Horribly noisy, tiny, dirty, meagre room, cobwebs everywhere, disgustingly dirty mattress, staff didn't speak any foreign languages, booked a double room and got a twin and when we complained they just shrugged their shoulders

Working wifi, cheap

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Location wasn't bad.

Staff wasn't friendly. It was extremely noisy, dirty. The facilities were old and broken as you can see from the pictures. The sheets were dirty and torn. Also they charged us additionally for city tax, but nobody took our passports, so I guess they just skip paying these taxes. I don't recommend this place.

Location wasn't bad.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Good accommodation for sleeping, no hassle, only located relatively far outside of city centre

The staff was not very eloquent in english, but nonetheless very eager to help

You can rent a room for a very cheap price. This accommodation is perfect for you if you spend the whole day in the city and only require accommodation for sleeping.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

very bad
    • Budget Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

the address is not correct, the sat nav coordinates are completely wrong - it leeds you in a village 40km from Budapest, I called in the hotel like 5 times using roaming and no one there speaks any english at all. It was absolute straggle to find them after three hours. Not happy at all

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Host was busy sith his own things, in the kitchen no coffee...

Host was busy sith his own things, in the kitchen no coffee machine you can make only your own breakfast but you had the feeling better tot do that not. No towels we had to aks

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Good value
    • Quadruple Room

Poor wifi,smoking guests outsude in the garden - property should forbid smoking fully.

Free lockable parking,close to metro,tram,food shop,fridge and micro in the kitchen

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

OK but too far from centre.
    • Double or Twin Room

Location is a bit crappy and not in walking distance to anything but the football stadium. Check in was at 14:00 and the exterior door was not opened when we arrived 10 minutes early, instead we had to wait outside until precisely 14:00, bit weird!

Room was small but cozy. Common areas and kitchen were clean.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

We strongly DON'T recommend to book this accommodation
    • Quadruple Room with Shared Bathroom

We strongly DON'T recommend to book this accommodation because of the bed bugs, which were in our room. We had a duplex room for 4 persons and all seemed to be ok and nice until we discovered whole nests of this insect around our beds and bites all over our bodies. We told the owners about what we found out, but they didn't seem surprised and just offered us the possibility to leave and to give us back money just for the remaining nights, which we wouldn't use. The real hell started only once we came back home. We brought all our belongings in bin bags and left them in the car on the sunlight in order to destroy those which could be in our clothes and suitcases as they die in temperature above 60 degrees Celsius. Then we washed all the clothes at high temperature. But two nights later, despite all the effort, I found new bites on my hands and feet. So we had to call extermination services and the overall fight is not over yet as it's extremely difficult to get rid of them. If we only knew this before. Accommodation like this shouldn't be on booking.com

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

good location
    • Double or Twin Room

room was small TV should have been newer or better if it had not been there at all, remote did not work bathroom stunk, bad placement of shower head no kitchen - just microwave next room had bedbugs, we were lucky not to have them

good location