Reviews of King's Hotel 3 stars

1072 Budapest, Nagy Diófa utca 25-27., Hungary

#282 of 344 hotels in Budapest

Nice room, nice location.

Good experience overall.

This hotel room were a great change from staying hostels for over a month. Clean beds, clean bathroom, great wifi. Thanks again.

Centric and cheap

My bed had wheels and it moved when I leaned against the wall and I found a shoe behind my bed when I checked the last day I wasn't leaving anything behind. The air conditioning worked but it was very noisy.

The location was very good. I was really scared as I had read very negative reviews about the hotel saying it was dirty, things were broken, that you could hear the neighbours. It's nothing amazing but it's clean and centric. The girls in the reception were nice and friendly. The elevator and the furniture may not be new but it serves its purpose.

Location yes, hotel NO

- Cleaner stole money from our purses. - Hotel charged us for taking things out the mini fridge which we didnt. - Receptionist was asleep at night, not checking who was coming into or leaving hotel. - Breakfast wasn't cooked fully and small range of food available.

Great location to main attactions.

Great bed. Sad breakfast. Bad soundproofing.

The room wasn’t soundproofed, cause I could hear my neighbours doing it.. voices and creacing from the bed. The breakfast was abismal, but it was nice that I could sit outside in the back yard to eat.

The bed was amazing to sleep in.

It was an okay place, but there might be better options.

There was no parking, and the lot nearby costs approximately $15 per day. The room shows its age, and the air-conditioning was weak. The TV was small, but I didn't come to Budapest to spend time watching TV anyway.

We liked the location of the hotel. It is in the center of the Old Town (formerly the Jewish Quarter / Ghetto). Some of the staff there were very cool, friendly and helpful. The room was old, and the air-conditioning was weak. It could use a tune-up. The breakfast was good. If I were to return to Budapest, I would look for other places, but the hotel was safe, and could possible go back there again (not my first choice).

I would go back, but make sure the wifi works in your room.

We had a problem with the wifi in our room, we were told by one staff member they are aware there was a problem but it was fixed. When we realized it wasn't fixed and still not working we went back to the recption desk and another staff member said it was too late at night and no one could fix it, after I begged she sent someone to check, said all the routers on all the floors were working and she couldn't help me anymore. The next day there was a different staff member at reception that told me there are routers on every other floor (and not on every single one like I was told the night before. And since we were on the second floor we had no router). I wish we would have been offered to switch to a room with better wifi connection.

The staff are very friendly and are happy to help with any questions. We accidentally opened the water from the room and we ended up not being charged for it. There was a free cellphone in the room with free internet and international calls that were able to take with us while touring the city!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Excellent location, fair price for what was provided.

Given the price we payed for our rooms everything was ok, but it wasn’t a 3 stars hotel.

Is was very close to the center of Budapest, only a 5 minute walk away. In an area filled with very nice, cosy and modern restaurants and pubs.

It's terrible! I fought with disgust. Carpet in the hallway - turned black from the mud. In the bathroom - mold between the tile and the bathroom curtain. The bathroom / shower faucet is broken. No soap or disposable shampoos.
I experienced the feeling of deja vu: "back to the USSR". The breakfast is bad. Wifi in the room did not work, just near the reception desk. Even for free I will not stay at this hotel, for the second time.

Basic but great location and helpful staff!

The room was basic and a bit tatty round the edges but it’s clean and quiet with an air con unit and the staff were helpful. Great location in the Jewish Quarter, tonnes of bars and restaurants in easy walking distance and easy transport links a short walk away. If you can get a good price, would recommend as long as you don’t need five star glamour!

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

reasonable

the breakfast was of minimum quality. It was eatable. but: no good coffee, no (orange) juices, old bread, only own prepared margarine, bad own made marmelade, not nice scrambled egg, cold cooked eggs, no coffee milk, only warm milk, smookers on terrace, 1 sugar cann for 5 tables. (but a friendly server) small room, little not working TV,

The AIRCO was o.k. , very important in hot Budapest, good minibar with low prices 1 euro for a drink. good bed, WIFI was OK, i payed a nice budget price 60 euro/night, but for their normal 120 euro i find too much.

A great hotel in Budapest

A very small complaint, which is absolutely minuscule compared to the other fantastic qualities of the hotel, was the WiFi. It was very fickle- it would stay connected for a short while and then disconnect randomly.

I stayed at King's Hotel for three nights. I have to say the hotel exceeded my expectations. The room and en-suite were incredibly clean and the hotel room would be serviced whilst I was out during the day. The reception staff were very kind and were always keen to help. But what I really liked about the hotel was it's location. All the great spots are in walk-able distance from the hotel, it is near the city centre and it is also near the transport links. I would definitely return and would recommend without hesitation.

Its a great place to sleep and thats about it the rooms are...

Its a great place to sleep and thats about it the rooms are okay the staff are nice at the hotel is placed in the middle of everything. All in all it was great for the money

This hotel was my friends' recommendation and it was...

This hotel was my friends' recommendation and it was exactly they described - good location, comfortable and clean. Staff was very attentive and helpful!

Sheets were clean enough.

Rooms could be more well-kept. And there weren't any air conditions in my room. It can be hard for hot weather.

Sheets were clean enough. And staff were helpful.

Stay elsewhere!

Cleaning staff kept knocking on door and shaking the keys outside the room at 8.30am on the day of check out. Shower gel dispenser top in bathroom was broken so just full of water.

Good location. Hotel room had its own balcony.

Good location, bad service. Should be 2 stars

Service at the reception. Service at the breakfast was great and so much better in comparison

No electricity for one hour but no staff coming to the rooms. A bit rude service which is not accommodating The reception did not help me go up the stairs

Hotel very convenient but in need of refurbishment.

The hotel was in need of refurbishment. Some of the bathroom items were cracked. Food at breakfast was not hot.

Convenient for the city, Good priced accommodation.

Will definitely use them again on my next trip

Tiled corridors make it a tad noisy but means it's easier to keep clean

Been here a couple of times and is my go to - excellent location, great staff (they even recognised me from my previous visit last year which was a nice touch)

Excellent place to stay

I liked everything

The staff were exceedingly helpful and friendly, and were willing to give lots of useful suggestions on where to go in Budapest. I will definitely be going back to this hotel.

Sincerely thanks!

It is strange, very strange but I really had no unpleasant problems this period... Good job!

It was really good job of all staff. We had no problems which was difficult to decide - every our question has been decided quickly and friendly. Hotel interface was only friendly, friendly and friendly in any case. We are glad to thank everybody whom we met during these days.

Great location,friendly staff,delicious breakfast.

The location of the hotel is very good, it is in the city centre. The staff is very nice and friendly, also in the restaurant too. The room was comfortable, I had a very good and pleasant stay here. I think this is one of the best 3 stars hotel in Budapest.

The price and location were good.

The breakfast was singularly terrible, and very poor value compared to local cafes within 5 minutes walk for the same price. No croissants, bacon, fresh eggs, jam, coffee, fresh juice, cereal, or decent food of any sort, were provided.

The price and location were good. This is a good place to explore the center of Pest from, especially its "ruin pubs".

It was like 25°c in our room even when everything was off.

It was like 25°c in our room even when everything was off.. i couldn't sleep because of the heat and we had to stay another night in that room because there was no other room available... so i didnt sleep 2 of the 3 nights there.. i told the man behind the reception desk what he could do for me as a favor because i had those 2 horrible nights.. and he said nothing because some people like the warmth.... we already spoke to a woman who worked there before we spoke to the man and she told us that they know about the hot room and they have had more complainings so that is different what the man told us..

Good choice for the weekend

The breakfast was a little poor and the donuts and apple pie were staled

Good location, friendly staff, clean and very quite. We enjoyed very much tha club atmosphere and the beer

Location was fine and the room spacious even though a bit...

There was a lot of noise during the night hours as there are a lot of pubs and bars next to the hotel . The breakfast could be better in general

Location was fine and the room spacious even though a bit old fashioned.

Very poor breakfast There is no selection of dishes and...

Cleanliness rooms and breakfast are very poor

Very poor breakfast There is no selection of dishes and salads, the staff is very courteous and nice, a relatively central place and there are bars and pubs nearby

will not go there again.

The bed sheets were not changed during my 6 nights stay. The shower was not working on arrival and they fixed it. the room was too cold. the shower facilities are very poor (Shampoo, towels etc..

location.

Uncomfortable and right next to loud building works. Avoid.

The bed was very uncomfortable with springs in the mattress and the walls were paper thin. Adding to that the loud boiler/pipes rushing throughout the night and I slept terribly throughout my stay. On Sunday morning I got woken up at 7.30am by loud building works apparently coming from a hotel being built next door, which I thought was totally unacceptable. The man on reception told me they were always doing works at stupid hours, e.g. once starting at 9pm and continuing until 3am! He said they'd complained to the council & police but nothing had been done about it, which seemed a bit strange. Breakfast was mediocre and frankly I thought the whole place was overpriced for the quality of what I got. Look elsewhere, you can definitely find better.

Central location, staff were helpful.

The room was small and not particularly clean.

The room was small and not particularly clean. The bed was very uncomfortable. The bathroom, with no window, didn't have a fan and the light didn't work most of the times.

The hotel is nothing like its website suggests. Rooms are small, cramped and cheaply furnished; not at all like the photographs on the website. It says "International TV". In truth nothing of the sort. All channels are Hungarian. It claims Tea/Coffee facilities. All you get is kettle and mug. Nothing else.

Not too far a walk from a tram station, Welcoming &...

Location was poor, around 4-5 bars are present, very noisy at night. Bed was extremely uncomfortable, pillows were awful. Asked to borrow an iron, was told to iron downstairs in a designated ironing area.

Not too far a walk from a tram station, Welcoming & helpful staff at reception

Other than the facilities being worse than expected, the staff and location are great.

The hotel could sure use lots of upgrading/renovations. The carpet was stained and the bathroom had mold in the ceiling and around the grout. The shower head holder wouldn't hold the shower head in a fixed position. Shower curtain was also stained. Tv stations did not come in clear.

The staff was very helpful, pleasant, and very accommodating. They even helped point me in the right direction to attractions. I felt very safe and taken care of while traveling alone.

It was fine for one night

The decor looks a bit tired, the bathroom needs updating (dirty grouting in tiling), carpet stained. The price of breakfast - 10 euros. We chose to eat out and found a lovely bakery nearby serving coffee which cost less than 2 euros for coffee and croissant. The TV was a complete mystery - no information on channels available and the remote control didn't work. Very noisy during the night - cars racing up and down the street at one point in the early hours.

Cheap, good location, but too much noise.

The room I stayed in was 305. I am not a picky person, when it comes to hotels - all I need is a comfortable bed and a bathroom, working Wi-Fi. The room had really thin walls, so I could hear everything (even the snoring) coming from the room next to mine. It is probably not hotel's fault, but there was some construction work going on next to it, so I would wake up every morning to the drilling noise. Pillow cases were dirty. The staff didn't seem too friendly, although I did try to make eye contact with them each time I'd leave the hotel or come back in the evening. If you need a Wi-Fi connection, the one at the hotel doesn't seem to work properly, or maybe because the room was a bit further from the modem.

I am really thankful for letting me to check-in earlier, because I was very tired after the flight and needed some rest. The room also had a double bed, although I requested a single room. Thumbs up for that. The location is what matters the most when I travel and it was great, a walking distance to metro station or the parliament or the Liberty bridge etc.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

Budapest was great you Hotel was not

Ground floor elevator. Better breakfast facilities

The stairs leading to the elevator was very inconvenient. Luggage made it very difficult to drag up the stairs.

The staff were friendly and cooperative, the room was...

The staff were friendly and cooperative, the room was spacious and clean with a wooden floor, air-conditioning that worked well even in 40+ degree heat. Small fridge and kettle provided. Bring your own t-bags. Fantastic location in Jewish quarter. Very good value for money. Also excellent for anyone who is Shomer Shabbat, with a conventional key, which you leave at the reception. Next to all the kosher restaurants, bakery and grocery store. We liked the old world feel.

Back 30 years to cheap uk seaside boarding house style.

lots of blood stains on bedroom carpet, some lights not working in room, rickety small lift, building work 5m away from 06.30, breakfast extremely 'budget' quality.

Apart from the carpet the room was very clean.

Perfect hotel with friends. Not a couple. Excellent location for night life.

Excellent location. Helpful and friendly staff. Basic breakfast but perfectly fine. Quiet location. 5 mins walk from brilliant night life. 15mins walk from City Center.

Great location, well-equipped room (fridge, money safe,...

Air-conditioning is old and noisy.

Great location, well-equipped room (fridge, money safe, air-conditioning etc.), helpful hotel staff, value for money.

This may be cheap but it's over priced for this hotel. Pay extra and stay some where else.

This was a drab hotel and definitively not three stars. It warrants no stars.

Location was good to access shops and metro station but very noisey at night , as it was close to many bars. I liked the speedy check out.

Awful

The triple room that we have booked was more like a bunker than a room. The bedsheets, the blankets and the carpet were nasty. The pictures of the hotel in booking don't match at all with the reality. The breakfast was very poor. Regarding the personal, only the old man (morning staff) was very helpful, very kind and always smiling. The lady wasn't friendly at all.

The location of the hotel was central.

Good value for family

One of the beds in our room has tiny unstable wheels so everytime i moved, the bed moved.

The staff very helpful and always available to help and responsive to requests. Breakfast is ok. Good location to go around and explore. Our triple room is spacious, large windows so it very nice staying. Bathroom a bit small but is ok. We had a nice time staying there!

Very Disappointing

The place was dirty, carpets had so many stains on I kept my shoes on always! No plugs in the bathroom for 4 days even though constantly requesting one, so couldn't get a bath! The food was awful, only ate the breakfast on day 1 and then ate out every other day even though paid for breakfast! Walls are paper thin and can hear every single thing happening in rooms either side! Not pleasant! also even though maid service bins never emptied for over a week and no clean sheets put onto beds! Took towels and didn't replace with new!

Very helpful staff and great location.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Not a good value of money.

Rooms were small. Washroom were small and has a bad smell. Lift (elevator) was too congested and has lot of vibrations in it. Beds were not comfortable. not a good value of money.

Location of hotel is not bad. few minutes walk from city center.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

convenience mixed with "meh"

The neighborhood seemed to be a party neighborhood, and the sidewalks were littered with broken glass and other trash in the morning. Streets and sidewalks were cleaned daily, but the initial morning impression is pretty squalid.

The location is convenient - close to transit.

Hotel Staff are very polite, kind and afforable.

Rooms was not clean, sheets was ok but room carpet is old and dirthy. Breakfast was very poor.

Hotel Staff are very polite, kind and afforable. Good location.

A medium hotel well located

The hotel needs a complete renovation (old building). New windows, new bathrooms, new carpets, etc ...

The location, near city center and public transports

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Ok for a short cheap stay

Room that I got was on street side above the bar, so the music was loud till late night. Room walls are so thin that you can hear every word that person in the room next to mine. Conditioning was broken.

Location is good.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Quite Good

Wife did not like bed, but the staff were very fair about that, and allowed us to cancel the last day because of that. Breakfast OK

Very courteous. Excellent Location

There was a MOUSE in our room!!

We woke up in the morning and found a mouse in the bathroom on shower curtain. YES, A Mouse. I called the front desk and they sent the guy to take a look, and after he spend some time in the bathroom he said that he couldn't catch it. They gave us another room and we have transferred some of our things, but when I came back for the stuff that we left in the bathroom, the mouse was still there hanging to shower curtain. I noticed the housekeeper and told him about the mouse. He came in and caught it with a hotel towel. Yes A HOTEL TOWEL! I posted a pictures of it here for you to see. I just couldn't believe it. Afterwards, the man from front desk apologized for the inconvenience and told us that the bottle of water that is in the room for which they charge around 3.5 euro is on the house. Bottle of water!! I posted the picture of that as well. You know, if you can get past the "mouse" part, I was going to say that the carpet hasn't been replaced in about 60 years and that it is stained beyond recognition and that the walls are so thin that you can hear the person in the other room breathe and that our daughter did not have any chanels on her TV in her room for the whole time that we stayed here and that so called Queen bed is actually two full beds placed together and that it can barely accommodate two people and that if none of this bothers you, than this is the place for you to stay. We haven't slept for two nights becaus of all this. You have to pay in advance so we didn't have a choice. We stayed for a weekend. Yes, Budapest is beautiful and there are a lot of things to see. However, this experience with the hotel was not pleasant to say the least. They could have give us a refund for one night at least. We didn't ask for it of course, but The Mouse in your room??? This for $400 for three nights! NO, I would not recommend this hotel to anybody. All of this can be verified with the hotel management. Thank you

The location is great and staff as well

So much to do in Budapest and easy to get to from Kings Hotel.

Reception staff could have been more helpful. They wouldn't give us any local information when we asked. Only wanted to sell us tours.

The rooms were OK and kept clean. The breakfast was adequate and edible. Location is good, equal distance from 3 metro stations and plenty of buses. Walking distance from many sights.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Nice location, 10-15 minutes by walking to everywhere. The hotel itself was not so satisfactory .

Our room was really cold when we arrived. Central heating system was poorly warmed it until morning. Two separate bed were set together but not fixed at all, definitely uncomfortable with a gap always between them.

A central location, 10-15 minutes by walking to well known attraction points of the city.

Average hotel in the good location of Budapest

Breakfast: The bread and all pastry was dry like few days old. We would appreciate more vegetables and fruits. The waitress was smoking cigarettes at the opened door so all smoke and cold air from outside was coming inside the restaurant. Most of the cutlery wasn't washed and cleaned properly. Room: It was quite cold inside the room. Room service guy had his cleaning room right in front of our room, so we heard him every morning preparing the cleaning stuff.

Hotel: There was possibility to leave our baggage at the reception for few hours after our departure. The location of the hotel was very convenient. Room: Curtains were so dark and thick that it felt like midnight even at 9 am. The room was quite big with wardrobe. Wi-fi was working well.

Value for Money

Inside of hotel is a bit complicated. When ı got my keys I couldnt find my room easily. Rooms are a bit old. Bed was not too much comfortable. Towels could be more new but it was clean anyway

Hotel's location is excellent. Very close to tram station,restaurants,bars and Octogon (center) Staff was heplful. Room was clean. If you dont expect anything hotel would be enough for you.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

I will certainly come back.

The bed mattress was not good. I felt back pain every morning.

Location is excellent with easy access to several metro stations & touristic attractions. Friendly hotel staff. Cleanliness (especially spotless towels). I will certainly come back.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Confy enough for the price and location

Passage from lobby to rooms is served by on single lift. If stairs are used you need to go outdoor, witch is not a pleasant experience with winter time and negative temperatures.

Good location; Confortable bed.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Good location, but don't expect any assistance from the staff.

The heating was faulty. The staff was mostly unsmiling, curt, and unhelpful, with the exception of a couple of them. The breakfast was monotonous.

Comfortable bed. Good location.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Good location.

Annoying room where you can hear the conversation of another room at night. Lack of sound protection and you hear flushing of toilet. Squeaky bed on rolls that moves when you sit up.

Good location. Good staff.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

The people at the reception were really nice.

The wifi was really slow and I had bad connection. Had to use my data most of the time.

The people at the reception were really nice. The cleaning people were on time and polite. The breakfast tasted great and the staff at breakfast were really sweet.

Room was generally clean and to my liking

No plug for wash basin... wasting water..

Room was generally clean and to my liking

5.5
    Just OK

Just ok

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

It’s only deserve one star which is for the location!

Everything except what mentioned above!

Friendly staff & good location!

Hotel was fine good price and nice people

Hotel was fine good price and nice people

I've stayed in this hotel twice, and will do again!

Friendly, helpful staff. Great location.

It's noisy up to 2am.

It's noisy up to 2am. But location is great

Fast good service friendley and even that i stayed 1 hour...

Fast good service friendley and even that i stayed 1 hour more in my room i wasnt charge extra very kind of them

Good price, good location, comfortable and convenience.

Good price, good location, comfortable and convenience. Good breakfast also.

Super location

Walls are thin enough but still able to sleep

Very expensive for what they offer

Unconfortable bed, very poor breakfast

Eat elswhere

Very expensive breakfast,not worth 8 euros. Overall value for the money is very low

Everything was more or less ok except bad sound isolution...

Everything was more or less ok except bad sound isolution (and drunk girls screaming till 2 am) and noisy fun.

Location is good close to public transportation

Noisy and no tea/coffee sugar to make tea/coffee while you have cattle

Location is good close to public transportation

breakfast

breakfast

So much noise. Air conditioner and heater did not work

Value for money + centralt läge.

———