Reviews of Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget 4 stars

1007 Budapest, Margitsziget, Hungary

#118 of 355 hotels in Budapest

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Way below expectations: the room was not cleaned and personel did not care.
    • Standard Twin Room

I did not like that I had to wait for the room to be ready and that it was not properly cleaned. I found dead insects near the window and spotted other filthiness on the carpet e.g. seeds, a lot of dust. I asked personel to vacuum the room, but after a few hours when I came back it was not even touched. I had also a nice long black hair in the bad. The manager said that they are suffering of personel absence.

I liked the localization on the island - near to the city center.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

the spa and gym are was splendid
    • Standard Twin Room

unfortunately had to wait about an hour for 2 bathrobes after I checked in and lost that time from the spa. regards to cleanliness found hair in the bed! breakfast was very nice however for dinner had to go to the next hotel as this hotel didn't offer. I also could not connect to the internet to an iphone 6 and mini ipad, after an hour trying we tried on an android phone and it connected however internet wasn't very strong. for this price we paid and the level of the hotel we expected much more

the spa and gym are was splendid

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

The ladies from the reception and breakfast were really nice

I don’t know how this is categorised as a 4-star hotel. We stayed on floor 9, it started raining outside and water started dripping in the bathroom. We were given a different room on the same floor, but this time, we had ants in the bathroom, the doorframe was rotten and there was a strange smell.. 150€/day??

The ladies from the reception and breakfast were really nice

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

A nice hotel with good facilities and access to Budapest City Centre.
    • Premium Twin Room

Check in was slow with other customers allowed to push in and ask questions. The hotel was very popular and busy catering mainly for older clients.

Rooms were large and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent. Staff were helpful when it came to asking about local public transport between the hotel and city centre. Set in a really nice public park.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Lovely hotel situated in a beautiful area.
    • Premium Twin Room

Lovely hotel situated in a beautiful area. Some of the staff are pleasant and some were rude especially the bar staff. Booked a premier room and would highly recommend going for that option. Location isn't great as you are quite a way out from the main attractions of Budapest

Pleasant stay, wonderful location, very good with children

The breakfast room and selection, were too crowded and not as good every day. The weekend had a smaller and less qualitative offering.

I stayed at the Danubius Grand which was next door and shared the facilities. I found the room and the bed very comfortable and the staff very pleasant and helpful. The food was also better.

GREAT HOTEL AND FACILITIES

the room and decor on the 7th floor where i was staying could be updated soon

the spa facilities were amazing, really loved going there. the outdoor pool was great always clean. the staff downstairs were very helpful with ordering taxis and giving reccomendations

spa and hotel on St Margaret s island made this an unforgettable holiday
    • Standard Twin Room

Plantain restsuran t menu did not suit our particular tastes and food was rather expensivs

Croissons and coffee in morning lovely Piano playing Staff in buffet bar so helpful particularly Caitlyn

Wonderful hotel but missing a few things.
    • Executive Suite

I thought it was great but the only small issues were, the tiny sauna that wasn’t always on! No toothbrush in the room yet they have it at reception if you ask so why not just put it in the room. One Ironing board is on the 5th floor to be shared with everyone in the hotel. The bar shuts fairly early and dinner ends early too. No shampoos.

Nice room. Great views, fantastic park, great swimming pool, nice bathrooms. Definitely not disappointing. Clean hotel ! No noise at night. Wonderful mattress, fantastic for someone who suffers insomnia! Nice activities around the hotel on the island ! Definitely would reconsider going again.

• Premium Twin Room

Very rusty/mouldy shower seal in recently refurbished rooms Old tissues and so many stalactites of spider egg nests on the balcony - creepy The need to chase and chase and chase to get our room cleaned, we were not the only ones

The situation on Margaret Island was very peaceful and relaxing The refurbished bedroom was good but not the bathroom seals which were rusty/mouldy

Nice location
    • Standard Twin Room

Our carpet in the room wasn’t clean,wi-fi wasn’t working neither the air conditioning. For the money we paid for this accommodation this is unacceptable. And top of all this my wife found a piece of metal of the length of 5-6 cm in her breakfast porridge 😱

Nice location

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Worst trip and hotel I have ever had.
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel staff was very rude. I had a problem with my room. Bugs. I asked to be switched to another room and they said they would clean it and I could see if it was better. It was never better. The next day I demanded to speak to the manager. I got another room—finally. They made me feel that I was out of line. I had a brochure that said press 2 for free ice. When I did the person answering didn’t know what I was talking about and said it would cost 300HUF. It was not the money, but why say free? There was no menu in my room to order room service and when I went down to the restaurant to order food they said you need to order room service. There was no menu in my room. We just gave up. The young woman at the reception in the spa always would greet you with YEP, to that you would let her know what you were wanting to order for spa treatments. I could go on and on. Very unprofessional. I have pictures of the bugs and the sign that says free ice. I hope that somebody is willing to take money off of my bill or offer something for future trips. I would not have this hotel as an accommodation that Booking.com would recommend. I am 57 years old, but the majority of people who stay there arrive on a big bus and they are all at least 75. This is not a hotel for most people. I absolutely hated this stay and ruined my trip.

Not much. I would never recommend this property and I felt that it made our experience in Budapest not very pleasant.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

expensive
    • Premium Double Room

I chose this particular hotel because it claimed to offer airport transportation. This was not the case. I had to book through an independent, chaotic, and inefficient shuttle company, at an additional cost! I was truly struggling with my luggage and my friend and I had to take a different shuttle than me. I'm definitely not happy that we had to pay an additional cost for this shuttle service, while the hotel pretends they offer this service themselves.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Could have been better
    • Standard Twin Room

Rooms are not very clean. Staff hardly speaks English and does not give any explanation (no breakfast hours, checkout time, city map...), whereas people speaking Hungarian did get an extensive explanation and welcome upon arrival.

Very nice breakfast. Airconditioning in the rooms works very well. Location on the island is beautiful.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Stayed in both hotels . Would stay in Spa hotel not sure I would go back to the Grande
    • Standard Twin Room

I had a few issues with my room not getting cleaned at Danubius Grande Hotel. I was promised some sort of compensation from the Duty manager. He didn't even have courtesy to reply to my concerns as promised. I explained this when checking back in to Spa hotel and was more than compensated by front desk.

Nightmare turned to a dream
    • Premium Double Room

On arrival, we were put in the last available room which stank badly. However, when we complained, we were given a temporary room in the older, adjoining Grand Hotel. For the second and third night we were upgraded to a junior suite which was appreciated.

The junior suite on the 9th floor with a great view. Access to the Executive Room for breakfast and the wonderful spa facilities. The complimentary birthday bubbles were great too.

The hotel was nice enough but not quite what I was expecting...
    • Premium Double Room

I thought we would be able to walk quite easily into Buda or Pest which is why I liked the idea of being on the island. I hadn't realised how far it was to walk - a good hour - so we spent more on taxis than we would normally. Having said that, if you stick to the City taxis with a meter then it wasnt too bad at around 3,000 huf and the hotel staff were helpful in booking them and they came quite quickly. Be careful in town though as they are all yellow taxis and look the same but they arent. One wanted to charge us 6,000 huf for the same journey back and when we said no he said 4,000. He wouldnt drop further and thats when we realised there was a difference so look for the City ones with a meter.

The hotel was nice enough but not quite what I was expecting which may be my fault. The room was fine, the bed was large and comfortable. The staff were friendly and tried to help. We went for breakfast about 9.30 which was very busy (everyone wanting a sleep in!) so it was quite difficult to get a table. The staff did help though and brought clean cutlery and cleared the table when you asked. The warm spa pools were lovely to relax in but unfortunatley the weather wasnt good enough for the outdoor pool but that looked good too.

Excellent hotel, beautiful location - Highly Recommended
    • Premium Twin Room

The food and drinks are a bit pricey is comparison to restaurants in Buda and Pest but in all honesty it is worth it for the location. The staff can be a little sharp at times but we definitely should have made more of an effort to speak the language which would annoy me if I was a local.

The location is second to none, the island the hotel is located on is stunning and perfect for walking around. The hotel itself is modern, bright and clean. The rooms are spacious and well equipped. Particularly liked the shower as there is a waterfall and high pressure option. The balcony we had overlooked a leafy park and had a view of the river which is stunning to wake up to. We spent 7 days there and honestly couldn't have enjoyed it more.

Nive view, very good location
    • Standard Twin Room

We could not book a room at a lower levels of the hotel, I would have liked to have more choices for breakfast for 15 euro.

Nice view, very good location (close to the Sziget Festival island), private parking, good service

Great stay with friends.
    • Standard Twin Room

Room and bed comfortable but shower screen ill fitting so leaked water all over the floor! Had dinner at the sister hotel The Grand - unfortunately poor service, poor food and musicians too loud and intrusive.

Liked friendly reception staff, relaxed ambiance, excellent breakfast, modern hotel with excellent spa & thermal bath although a long walk to get to the area. Perfect for exploring the island and easy to get to Buda or Pest on the No 26 bus.

The hotel and the island are beautiful and have real...

The parts of the hotel that are not yet renovated are getting a bit old.

The hotel and the island are beautiful and have real character. I am coming here already for years.

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the facilities were...
    • Premium Double Room

The beds could have been made a bit better, the sheets weren't tucked in whenever they were made and would come completely undone during the night so we were just lying on the mattress!

The staff were friendly and helpful, and the facilities were really great. Loved the spa area with several thermal pools and an outdoor pool. Location on the island was fantastic, lots to see and do in the area.

Excellent location, very nice and friendly staff
    • Standard Twin Room

We arrived at 10, however the room was only available at 15 o'clock. We were allowed to use the spa facilities until we could check in which was great because it was a hot day and we could spend it in the outdoor pool.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

I liked the swimming pool.
    • Premium Double Room

A little bit pricy versus what i am used for in Romanian hotels.

I liked the swimming pool. I liked the fact that the staff knew english and i could get things done with them.

• Premium Twin Room

We had reserved two of the renovated rooms, but got one of the renovated rooms in which there was a leak in the ceiling and one executive room which is not renovated and very old looking. The excuse was that the hotel was quite booked out even though we made our reservation two months ahead. After complaining about the leak in the ceiling the receptionist pretended like something would be done. However, once we returned to the room late at night nothing had been done. We covered the floor with towels and left the next day. We did not receive any kind of apology or compensation for any of the above mentioned issues. Also the staff at the bar where we had a snack in the evening was very unfriendly and we had to wait for 10 minutes before being able to pay our bill.

Loved the staff at the Grand Hotel next door who...
    • Premium Double Room

Loved the staff at the Grand Hotel next door who accommadated our vegan needs. The thermal water in the hotel is very soothing. Tge hotel staff at the front desk very helpful and accommodating.

Unless you are paying for luxury room the 7th floor isn’t very nice.
    • Standard Twin Room

3 dead, squashed Mosquitos on bedroom wall, which was obvious they had been there a long time. Asked reception twice to have them cleaned. Room dirty and dusty. After complaining we were helped by Elizabeth who did help and we moved rooms. Fruit baskets at breakfast had many very rotten fruits in which put you off eating them.

The pool facilities were good

The worst hotel I have ever stayed in.
    • Premium Double Room

The staff were the rudest staff we have ever come across anywhere we have travelled in the world. We were made to feel terrible and even considered moving to a different hotel! Someone down our corridor left there room service tray outside there room and it stayed there with flies around it for a day and a half! We found lots of hairs in the bottom of the shower when we arrived. Nobody helped us at all, we ate in the restaurant and the food was stone cold , and the waitress screamed at us when we complained!

The bed was big and comfortable.

Good location, nice surroundings.
    • Standard Twin Room

The facilities in the hotel are a bit old. The elevator is incredibly slow and it takes quite some time to get to upper levels.

The location is good. It is near the center, but situated in a park, so there's a lot of green around.

- Reception were lovely and let us check in early
    • Standard Twin Room

A huge let down for this place is the waitress attitude & quality of food in the Neptune bar in the spa. The rest of our stay was perfect other than the hour spent here - the blonde waitress rudely took our order like it was a huge chore for her, then after she brought our drinks over she said it would be a 20 minute wait (for 2 sandwiches!), as soon as the food came out (which was already luke-warm verging on cold, displayed with a very sad looking pile of out of date lettuce!) she hovered over me for payment so the food went even colder. Definitely would not eat here, very expensive for awful food and even worse service! But would absolutely recommend staying at the hotel besides this. Also avoid the mini bar water - 2 small bottles of water were £6.

- Reception were lovely and let us check in early - Spa facilities are nice - Room spacious and clean

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Gorgeous location, well-maintained hotel with excellent facilities
    • Premium Double Room

The location on the island was beautiful but it meant we had to get taxis everywhere. The staff were very friendly and responsive, although they had occasional difficulties dealing with my mother, who is hard of hearing

The real appeal of this hotel is its spa and the treatments we had were superb. I especially enjoyed the all-over mud pack. Breakfast was good and plentiful, although go before 9am to avoid the crowds

Green island
    • Premium Twin Room

WiFi is very weak. As we were there partly for work, internet was needed, but it was so slow, so we had to spend lot of time just waiting. When we ordered something in SPA are or at the bar in a lobby, we had to wait around 30min, same time reminding about it all the time - answer: we have technical problems was used as regular excuse.

Perfect location on island quite close to city center. Large SPA area with lot of possibilities: saunas, pool, thermal pool, sun terrace with pool, e.t.c.. Helpful people at reception - always tried to make our stay easier with advice and help. Good breakfast.

Would recommend and the old hotel was lovely

Rooms very hot and the executive suite was disappointing as there was no executive service. There was on,y breakfast and you had to ay for it.

The spa was amazing

Getting both the relaxtion and the action in the middle of Budapest
    • Premium Double Room

,Breakfast - lots of food but not tasty, no toaster, cold pastry, not a 4 star experience. Poor service in the breakfast restaurant

We stayed in a renovated room, very nice and comfortable, the bed was really big and great for two. We liked the pools, especially the thermal one, as well as the sun terrace. Beautiful setting in the middle of the Margisziget island, very peaceful, quiet, surrounded by lush greenery. Still the location is close to all the important sights, you can get everywhere on foot if you do not mind walking 15 minutes to get off the island.

Back to the 70s.
    • Standard Twin Room

The room was depressing: 70s decor with touches of the 80s. Good if you want to imagine yourself as one of the Soviet elite on a spa holiday in 1978, or maybe a double agent meeting his handler in a 1981 TV adaptation of a John Le Carre novel. This may have been because of the cheap price, but I would have paid more if I had known, or booked a more cheerful room in a nice hostel for cheaper. There are renovated rooms on some floors, which made us feel like second class guests. Mini bar fridge fell apart and was not very cold. Food a bit stodgy. The atmosphere was a little bleak and lonely, my child did not feel welcome in the spa area (got told off by another guest for swimming in the large, deep pool, presumably instead of only wallowing while staring icily at people, which seemed to be the general etiquette. This guest was so shocked that we ignored her that she left the pool in a strop). I would have enjoyed the spa area if I was there with another adult, because I like old style thermal pools and saunas, but don’t expect scented candles and “pampering”: do expect stern matrons in bathing caps and old couples getting their teeth done on a budget.

The park around the hotel is very pleasant and green. The spa pools are good and the palatinus pools are also near.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

A bit far from downtown...
    • Premium Twin Room

A bit far from downtown. Walking is possible, but quite a stretch, especially in the heat. Public transport works, of course, but is a bit confusing.

Nice spa facilities.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Would stay here again.
    • Standard Twin Room

The only down side is that the rooms were a bit tired.

Excellent location. running track on the island. The hotel could have made more of the advertising of the Island facilities. Breakfast was great. Aircon in the rooms was adequate but noisy for the night. Staff were great. Excellent spa area, gym was excellent.

Good location, nice and quiet.
    • Standard Twin Room

Guy at reception was unhelpful - not happy to answer question or help suggesting things for tourists. Outside pool is too small and not suitable for small kids

Good location, nice and quiet.

Expected more for this price.
    • Standard Twin Room

My parents had a trip. According to them hotel staff was cranky. They needed to ask every night for clean towels, and to clean room. Cleaning ladies didn't clean balcony from garbage. TV was broken.

Island was very nice.

We visit this hotel for many years.

all is perfect

We visit this hotel for many years... 2 - 3 times a year and always like it. It's an island, so you feel like on island - separated from the world. On the other hand if you want to go to a city, you pick up a taxi and in 10 minutes you are in the center of wonderful Budapest... We love this place, that is why are spending 500 kilometers in the car - we live in Prague - to feel like in island in the middle of the city.. :)

Hidden treasure on Margaret Island
    • Standard Twin Room

The meals are overprised. 15 euros for a breakfast in Budapest is exorbirtant no matter how high the quality is. However, you can akways turn down the breakfast offer.

Everything: from the location on a lovely green island through the spacious stylish room with a fridge and a safe box to the spa center and the pools. A precious jewel of a hotel. We absolutely adored it.

Relaxing staying in a bustling city, feeling like on a seaside...
    • Premium Twin Room

The limited quantity of bathroom amenities; the early closing of food services (restaurant, bar) at 11 PM while I would expect an extended availability of such services especially because the hotel is located in a island with limited connection with city after 11 PM. Note also that public places in the island close at midnight.

I liked the comfort of the bed and the size of the room. Modern look of internal parts of the hotel and high quality of bar drinks and foods. Reasonable prices. I also appreciated the opening times of SPA (till 9PM) and the wide choice of services also for couples. The island is gorgeous and it is like having a countryside holiday far from noisy and traffic. During the day however, in 20mn public transport you reach the metro. Personnel smiling, availability and readiness well above the Hungarian average. The island offer plenty of options for active staying (running tracks, two very big pools---)

Comfort of the rooms.
    • Premium Twin Room

Breakfast was fair. Lunch and dinner could be better. You better eat in the city center. Staff of the bar could be more dynamic.

Comfort of the rooms. Wellness facilities: swimming pool of 18 m long, 3 warm water pools, a sauna and an hamman.

Relaxing & beautiful base for exploring a lovely city
    • Executive Twin Room

We wanted to stay longer! Maybe some public transport information available easily in the lobby.

The staff were extremely helpful, pleasant, and helped us enjoy our visit. The food was exceptional - the lobby Bistro had a great atmosphere, as did the service & food at the partner Grand Hotel. And the baths and gym were great. A fantastic place to unwind, and a calm & relaxing base to explore a beautiful city.

Fantastic relaxing place for 2 nights after 2 nights in...
    • Premium Double Room

Wasn’t told about restaurant so because we were late had buffet in spa restaurant which was same price as a la carte next door and no comparison.

Fantastic relaxing place for 2 nights after 2 nights in centre. Outside pool. Lovely a la carte restaurant next door at Grand which is part of the hotel.

Good hotel..needs improving
    • Executive Twin Room

The staff are unfriendly. The hotel has been upgraded but there were many things lacking.. Poor service.. had to keep asking them to clean the room..then not done well..amenities..filling up things in the room..

Location is good.. The spa is good ( except for unfriendly staff

The location is fantastic.
    • Executive Twin Room

The air conditioner was kind of noisy and the water was sometimes oscillating between hot and cold and not flowing at a constant rate.

The location is fantastic. It doesn't get better than Margitsziget. The hotel is nice and quiet with a retro feel to it. I especially enjoyed having breakfast on the 9th floor, at the Executive Lounge.

Overall, a perfect stay.
    • Premium Double Room

Breakfast not great for the price, so didn't bother after first day. Insufficient choice for British/Irish travellers. Bistro offers breakfast style baps after 11am. Excellent.

Perfect location on the island. All rooms have balcony facing Danube. Comfortable bed. Modern rooms are perfect. Electric adaptors are built in - excellent idea. Spa and outdoor pool is fantastic. Bistro food excellent.

Great hotel. Excellent location and facilities.
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing to complain about. Everthing great

Spa and pools were amazing. Room with lovely view and balcony. Location and accessibility excellent. Bus 26 can be out outside hotel.

disappointing
    • Standard Twin Room

Room smelling of drains, shower not working, spa booking being lost, towels not being replaced and charges put on your bill for them calling you a taxi !!

Bed was the best part

The hotel is situated in a park on an island which is ...
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel is situated in a park on an island which is great location it was so quite and gave the atmosphere of living in the nature. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was diverse and very good.

Sanctuary on Spa Island
    • Standard Twin Room

The only thing I would mention which is not a negative but a point that someone may want to know in advance, it IS a medical hotel so you have to walk through that area to get to the pools. Also, the restaurant is only open in the morning so you have to go next door to the Grand for a main restaurant. The amenities are wonderful but you really have to figure everything out on your own as they don’t give you any kind of map of the place or the island. But it’s not too hard to learn your way around & I absolutely will stay here next time I’m in Budapest!

This is a beautiful hotel with wonderful thermal baths on the lovely Margaret Island. It’s truly a perfect getaway.

Throughly enjoyed it, and hotel helped us with late checkout.

Shower

Facilities great, location beautiful, easy access into town. About 20 minutes on the 26 bus which you can catch from right outside the hotel. Only issue I had, and this is if I had to find a problem, was the shower in the bathroom, it sprayed water literally everywhere.

1 Day business trip to Budapest
    • Standard Twin Room

On the site you are informed that there is an aiport shuttle service, but what they do not tell you is that you need to book it in advance. Therefore, I had to take a taxi. Plus there is no restaurant on site, so you need to go to the group hotel next door.

Upon arrival, I was upgraded to the business floor where I was told I would be able to use the executive area for breakfast the following day.

Nice.
    • Premium Twin Room

It does not appeal from the outside and it could do with a makeover. Whilst bedrooms and lobby are nice there are areas which need some attention.

Lovely bedroom and comfy bed. Staff were helpful and all seemed to have English.

Breakfast was okey and the bed was good.

I stay´d on the 9th floor, room was very old and needed some fixing, balcony was very dirty. And some of the staff need´s smiling lessons. old grumpy men in the lobby for start.

Breakfast was okey and the bed was good.Lobby nice. The garden all a round was perfect to walk in.

A fantastic find on any island oasis
    • Standard Twin Room

Honestly there was nothing I'd change, apart from having hot bacon at the buffet breakfast.

The rooms were clean and comfortable with great views over the Danube. It was quiet and peaceful, away from city bustle and the spa pools were fabulously relaxing. The coffee/cocktail/ cake bar in the foyer was superb.

The stuff was nice.
    • Standard Twin Room

In the bathroom was not shampoo. There was open bottle without it. Also smoking on the balcony did not allowed. I understand smoking is not allowed in the room or anywhere inside hotel, but outside of the room or hotel is not something I accepted.

The stuff was nice. Location good.

Big and clean rooms.
    • Standard Twin Room

Big and clean rooms. Good SPA area and swimming pool with thermal water. Very good breakfast . If you need more comfort , reserve the rooms after renovation .Wonderful surroundings . My favorite hotel in Budapest.

Nice hotel in a fabulous location but make sure to check out the public transport
    • Executive Twin Room

Restaurant should have been open, at least for dinner

Just home after a lovely stay in Danubias health spa and resort, room was lovely, nice balcony and river view. Staff were polite but lacking a little friendliness. The pools and thermal baths were fabulous. The dining options were a bit disappointing because the restaurant was closed throughout our whole stay for lunch and dinner and we had to use the restaurant in the Grand Hotel next door, which was fine, we had a seperate breakfast room on the 9th floor because we had booked a executive suite which was lovely and quiet, we also used the main breakfast room which had a huge variety of breakfast options. The location of the hotel in the park was beautiful if a little far away from the main town and we were not told about the local bus (no. 26)that runs through the park, but dud discover it for ourselves and this made it a little easier to get around.

Hotel is located at the end of the island among big park,...
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel is located at the end of the island among big park, facility is in quiet place with all necessary comfort. Staff are very polite and helpful, trying to help in case there are any questions or issues.

Enjoyable place to go..
    • Premium Twin Room

Some of the staff could been more helpful... We were on the 5th floor..The view was lovely but the trees blocked some of the view.

The room was lovely.Had the premium room. Breakfast very good,plenty of choice.. Enjoyed the spa. Overall lovely hotel.

Nice staff, nice breakfast, stilish reception area
    • Standard Twin Room

This is not a 4 star hotel!!!! The rooms are old and untidy. There were ants in the bathroom and the chairs and other pieces of furniture were dirty and stained!!! The pool termal area is dirty as well!

Nice staff, nice breakfast, stilish reception area

Nicely renovated rooms, great location for outdoor holiday,...
    • Standard Twin Room

Some parts of the hotel are still unrenovated (e.g. the breakfast restaurant), quite long away from Budapest city centre

Nicely renovated rooms, great location for outdoor holiday, several pools in the spa

Enjoy a spa, feel you're in the country, only a few minutes from central Budapest
    • Executive Suite

Nothing, but just a suggestion: why not use the space in the sitting room of the suite by putting in a bed-length couch?

Super hotel, very helpful and friendly staff, excellent location on a beautiful quiet island so near central Budapest. Large comfortable room with beautiful view of the Danube. We absolutely loved the spa, with a selection of pools for swimming and hydrotherapy and relaxation. We also enjoyed dinner at one of the related restaurants on the island: excellent local food and great Hungarian band. We'll definitely go back!

a wonderful experience in a wonderful location
    • Executive Twin Room

There is a shop in the hotel which is nice but could have been better and the woman who works in could have been a bit friendlier.

The hotel has an old fashioned charm and the reception staff were lovely.

The room was great, staff were good, and the pool, spa and...
    • Premium Twin Room

Breakfast is expensive for what you get, hotel is a little far from the centre but still in an excellent location

The room was great, staff were good, and the pool, spa and and sun terrace were all excellent. Food is very good if a little expensive when compared with local prices

Great location, great amenities, the bed a little bit too...
    • Premium Twin Room

Unfortunately, the TV in the room was broken and they were unable to fix it. Had to unplug it, because it just kept turning on by itself in the middle of the night :)) No smoking on the balcony. While I understand the smoking restriction in the public areas and the room, I don't understand the non-smoking policy on the rooms balcony.

Great location, great amenities, the bed a little bit too soft. The pools are pretty nice and not overcrowded. Excelent cuisine, good coffee. It would have been better if fresh-roasted specialty coffee would have been available, but that's just a matter of personal taste. The room were spotless clean.

Hotel is perfect in all aspects - location, spa, people.
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel is perfect in all aspects - location, spa, people. Really nice experience and if we come again in Budapest, we will stay for sure here. Many thanks.

Nice Hotel but Expensive and Hard to Find
    • Standard Twin Room

Finding the hotel was very difficult even with GPS. Breakfast was not included in the room price nor was parking. Rather an expensive hotel.

The room was nice.

hotel is renovated and looks great, rooms are beautiful,...
    • Premium Twin Room

a bit useless balcony (chairs were dusty); A/C had not enough power to cool down the room

hotel is renovated and looks great, rooms are beautiful, staff is great. convenient locati9n for runners + spa lovers.

I had a problem with the cleanliness of this hotel.
    • Premium Twin Room

I had a problem with the cleanliness of this hotel. Carpet of the room was spotted of some kind of brown liquid (maybe coffee) and found some weird thing under our bed. Breakfast was not the best either. The served scrambled eggs was cold, vegetables (pepper) was a bit withered, and there were only two kind of very cheep cheeses. I ordered/paid breakfast in the hotel and its price for two person was unbelievable...much more as any proper lunch in a very good restaurant. I cannot recommend this hotel.

Very nice holidays.
    • Premium Double Room

Very nice hotel for having relaxing holidays. We were during the easter holidays so the hotel was full, but stuff was very organized. We stayed in a newly renovated room which was super nice and kept very clean. And the spring water pools inside are excellent. Everything was great. thanks for the nice holidays. PS. Restaurant had live music every day and dishes were very tasty also.

Great location and nice spa/pool
    • Standard Twin Room

Massage was poor. Staff not smiling. Only night staff smiling and friendly. No bicycles

Location was excellent. Nice with the balcony. Nice spa/pool facilities.

We have stayed twice before at this Hotel, would definitely stay again BUT in a quieter room
    • Standard Twin Room

Lift was disturbing. Our room was 704. With 2 armchairs places outside our door next to the lift, which other guests found convenient to sit and have long phone conversations.

Hotel location restful from the city environment

Browse Danubius Health Spa Resort Margitsziget traveller photo gallery