Reviews of New York Palace, The Dedica Anthology, Autograph Collection 5 stars

1073 Budapest, Erzsébet körút 9-11., Hungary

#25 of 344 hotels in Budapest

A grand old building with beautiful rooms very poorly maintained and poorly serviced. The shower area had mould and the drain was blocked. Had to turn of the shower and wait for it to drain before continueing to shower. The hand basin drain also blocked and had to do the same beside that there was leaking in the plumbing with water leaking onto the floor wet feet every time hands were washed. To be fair they showed us 4 rooms because of the poor hygeine ie very dirty carpet that makes the room smell, sticky sofa chairs from coke being spilled and unwiped and very dirty bathrooms. They also reimbursed some money through booking.com and gave us a free dinner voucher, which consequently ended with a twist o tin in my soup probably caused by a can opener. Place is in dire of repairs and maintenance and a change in room service/cleaning company. Better still a complete makeover for the amount they charge. I would definately not come here again. Its sad because it is truly a beautiful place just needs some love and care

Cleanliness wasn't the best. Few hairs or something on the bathroom floor.

It's unbelievable how beautiful and elegant this hotel is. A superior room was big enough and a bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent with very many varieties. Coffee was hot and warm and omelettes very delicious. The very best thing in this hotel is extremely friendly service. Car drivers, reception staff, concierge, restaurant staff, everyone very polite and professional.

• Classic Double Room

There was always live music playing somewhere, from breakfast until dinner. Impeccable service from the bottom to the top. Beautiful period architecture added to the ambiance. A truly fine hotel!!!!!!!

• Classic Double Room

A little disappointed with the spa! We popped down for a swim and sauna, and the pool area was in need of some TLC. Not really 5* quality. Could not fault anything else though - and this would not stop me coming back.

From the moment you walk in to the hotel it has the wow factor. Beautiful place, friendly helpful staff, will definitely stay here again next time we come to Budapest.

• Classic Double Room

Although I reserved a standard room when I entered the room I felt like I was in a presidential suite. I think I was updated to a junior suite. As a booking.com guest I also received a fruit basket as a surprise. Staff was very friendy, everything was just perfect! If you feel like visiting a fine dining restaurant I can recommend Szalon Restaurant which is in the hotel. Waiters did everything they coud to make us feel good!

• Classic Double Room

Our room did not get cleaned on one day ( no beds made up etc). Staff dealt with this immediately with a clean up team arriving within minutes of my alerting them of the problem. Breakfast very expensive. Try the Condittori just around the corner for a fantastic breakfast at a fraction of the price.

Very comfortable. Location OK with Hop on Hop off buses stopping just outside. Staff very helpful.

• Classic Double Room

A couple of things marred our stay - we didn't receive our wake up call and had a challenge with the doorman getting us a taxi - which caused us to nearly miss our flight. Fortunately the manager has offered compensation.

Beautiful hotel - the New York cafe is amazing - great for people watching.

• Classic Double Room

Everything was amazing. My wife told them we were staying with them because of my birthday and we got an upgrade for free and a surprise was waiting for me in the room. It was the nicest and sweetest cake I ever tasted! Thank you!

• Classic Double Room

The shower never got really hot and the bidet had only a trickle of water.

Included breakfast was excellent. The food was replaced throughout the breakfast session so it didn’t matter what time you arrived for breakfast there was a full menu. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Spa facilities included were a lovely way to end a long day of walking around Budapest too.

• Classic Double Room

The shower wasn’t very hot and had to use hand shower

The staff were very helpful and professional The breakfast was excellent with good service and a large variety of choices.

Friendly and attentive staff, and the most fantastic café & breakfast restaurant I've ever had the pleasure to dine (New York Café). Well worth popping in even if you're not a hotel guest - but you should be!

They make my room at 15:30 after that I lived my room at 10.00 and I put the ticket "please make my room". Waiters often forget or we have to wait alot.

The place and building it's amazing!!

• Classic Double Room

The New York Cafe is a landmark in Budapest. Worth going to but very expensive. Breakfast is expensive.

Delightful staff. Helpful. The hotel is out of a museum or early 20th century movie. . Rich history in its conversion from the communist era. Stayed 5 days. Excellent in the access to Andrasy street and Dohenyi synagogue area. Most important Less than a block from Metro. Metro is a very fast and easy way to traverse Budapest. Very close to train station if you arrive by train ( tell the taxi to use the meter from train station or settle on an amount for a ten minute ride. Inside the city so it doesn't s 1/2 hr from airport.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was not done for 2 days despite numerous calls for it to the reception desk, even request for fresh towels was ignored, had to call hotel manager to the room to address it

• Classic Double Room

Was given the wrong room the first night. Staff was not helpful. Had to have manager involved. Electricity came on and off multiple times during 2 days. Got stuck in elevator and had to be rescued out. Manager did his best to make up for the sub par service but the room I was given the first night should not have been given to any guest ever (dirty carpet, no shower head). Getting stuck in the elevator almost became comical after everything else that happened. Was told that no rooms were available to change initially which was a blatant lie. Some staff really did try hard but hard to overcome subpar initial experience.

• Classic Double Room

Delicious breakfast, friendly staff (except lady at the wellness center), amazing architecture, beautiful interiors. Unexpected free room upgrade has been a great surprise! I can recommend this hotel to all who visit Budapest!!! One of the most beautiful hotels I've ever seen!

• Classic Double Room

Check-in is three o'clock and I realize that asking to check-in a few hours early is a gamble. But it was disappointing that such an expensive hotel couldn't do more to accommodate.

The hotel is iconic and beautiful, and the breakfast in the New York Cafe is a wonderful experience.

A little hard getting in and out of the bathtub. Some sort of safety rail would have been nice.

Staff was extremely helpful and accommodating. Great drinks in the bar!!

My original room was dirty and full with mosquitos. The second and final room had broken A/C and for 3-4 times I requested for it to be fixed but nothing’s was done.

• Classic Double Room

A bit pricey,, but was worth it as the hotel is top class.

Absolutely gorgeous hotel.. People actually visit as a tourist spot.. Can't fault the place.

• Classic Double Room

A fabulous hotel The staff is very friendly and helpful I am many years in this hotel and am always surprised how lovingly I am received by all! my very special thanks go to adam, my driver who fulfills all my wishes always to the utmost satisfaction he shows me everything explains me everything with a devotion as only a real Hungarian can peter always had nice words for me read my wishes from the eyes reserved and organized my excursions for which I am very grateful to him istvan and his boys always carry my luggage safely and always with a smile on their face ... beste hotel in budapest

• Classic Double Room

The spa, the room service wasn't that great, the breakfast buffet had limited options, we were expecting something better from this hotel. The location of the hotel is ok but I didn't like the surroundings.

The room is spacious, good size bathroom, the concierge and staff were helpful and the hotel lobby is very nice.

A bit noisy dur to the trams.

Very beautiful hotel, a true palace, with a pleasant atmosphere created by live piano all day long. The spa they have is a bonus. The staff from concierge was helpful and gave us good advices about the town. Great breakfast.

• Classic Double Room

The hotel was so special with its design and history. Breakfast in the cafe area was fantastic. The location was perfect as well for exploring the city and for evenings out

• Classic Double Room

Our room was on the second floor on the street side and that was noisy. As the room was also too hot with the thick blankets, we managed to use the not so silent air conditioning to cover some of the street noise which helped. The coffee making facilities in the room were a water kettle and instant coffee. We also preferred our own loose leaf tea for breakfast. In the (very friendly) bar downstairs, we would have liked more modern, lighter cocktails. The housekeeping forgot to change glasses for clean ones a couple of times. The gym was very poor. The hotel doesn't seem to quite fill the expectations for 5-star quality in everything but is nonetheless a very good hotel and I might well go there again if I visit Budapest.

The hotel has an impressive lobby and the famous New York Café with live music is beautiful. Also the food at the café was excellent (based on one delicious fish dinner with wonderful wine and desert). The café is always busy with outsiders but a calmer part of it is reserved for hotel guests (also for breakfast). There's plenty of choice for the breakfast and the overall quality was good. Our room was spacious and clean and wardrobes were big (the wooden hangers were very rough but there were also padded ones for the most delicate clothes - much appreciated). A small problem with our bathroom door was fixed without delay. The location is very good. We walked everywhere (although the walks were long) and found wonderful restaurants in the nearby streets. There were some nice extra gestures from the hotel, like an excellent fruit plate upon arrival, and a chocolate bunny on Easter. Most of the staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Classic Double Room

The room needs some renovation. The location was below our expectations. The hotel is located in a non-pleasant surrounding.

Excellent service, beautiful lobby and great breakfast. The spa treatments were also very good.

• Classic Double Room

Grand old palace but looking a little tired. Very good sized rooms and excellent bathroom. Close to the Jewish district which means that you are proximate to many groovy bars and restaurants. However it is about a 25 minute walk to city centre. Electricity cut out twice on the one day we were there and on the second occasion it took about 30 minutes to come back on. Room got hot without any a/c.

• Classic Double Room

We were upgraded to a junior suite as it was my partner’s birthday. The room was stunning and the manager even sent up a birthday cake. The staff were helpful and friendly.

We had to leave all these goods.....

New York cafe, Metro & Bus stations are close, excellent service, very clean, special calm atmosphere, beautiful architecture, diverse and tasty breakfast(we didn't try the Spa...)

• Classic Double Room

The swimming pool was very tiny, but we didn´t come here for the wellness....

Beautiful hotel, beautiful space....The New York Cafe Budapest is just amazing. We liked also very much the dinner at the restaurant, the venison steak was delicious. We appreciate the whole atmosphere a lot. The live music is also a very good idea.

• Classic Double Room

The hotel was so beautiful and luxurious. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable. Had a dinner in the restaurant, the food and service were excellent. Highly recommended.

Boscolo is a wonderful experience in Budapest. A courteous, efficient and friendly staff that truly enhances the magnificent elegance and comfort of this beautiful venue. A perfect location from which to explore this vibrant, lovely city ..

• Classic Double Room

The hotel is a class of its own, highly decorated, staff was helpful in everyway. The food offered in the New York's lounge is of very high quality. We are on a strict gluten free diet and care was taken in every serving of food delivered to our table, from starters to the dessert! Live music of popular classical music fills the lounge leaving guests astonished with the beauty of the atmosphere. Cocktails at the bar are tasty and original. Breakfast.. all fresh and abundant buffet. We loved it and hope to re-visit this hotel soon. Manuel and Marthese from Malta

I wish the beds were a bit more comfy:(

I liked the fact that if you paid for breakfast with your room and you decided one morning you wanted to have it in your room instead you only paid a small delivery fee. Everyday when our room was cleaned a fresh plate of fruit was left as well. The staff was amazing. Loved the spa access floor. You didn't have to pay at all to experience every night the steam bath, sauna, tea room and relaxation pool.

• Classic Double Room

Fantastic historical venue (conveniently, it's also on the city's hop on/hop off bus route) and we received a free room upgrade for our booking in early April. The hotel's New York Cafe is incredibly opulent (and understandably expensive).

Everything about this hotel was absolutely fabulous. All the staff were so polite and professional. The service was excellent and the room was unbelievable.This is an exceptional hotel.

• Classic Double Room

Fixed shower in shower cabin In bath was good (hand) shower, but no curtain, so impossible to shower properly Hot room, with very bad smell from cooking food Loud disturbing bad piano player Did not meet expectations

Good location Good friendly staff Beautifull building Breakfast super

• Classic Double Room

We had broken toilet in our bathroom, it took almost whole day to fix it, we had 3 yo kid with us, so it was quite uncomfortable. And I'd like to have rooms a little more clean.

Amazing hotel with atmosphere, stuff was very helpful with everything (even sightseeing advices), good breakfast, great coffee, good wine, big rooms, underground parking lot

• Classic Double Room

Proximity to tram line would impact if you were a light sleeper though the super king size beds were super comfortable.

Absolutely amazing piece of architecture and the dining is quite the experience not alone from the choice of food but the music played during breakfast and evening in the three tiered dining area - baby grand piano alternating with various string instruments. Staying in this five star which is gorgeous yet not pretentious was a great experience - and the staff were all nicer than the next... Would recommend

• Exclusive King or Twin Room

The building itself is gorgeos, the New Cafe is fenomenal , and the fact that you as a guest of the Hotel will always have a place at the cafe. The staff is very nice and the rooms are gorgeous, clean and spaceous. The location is a bit far but is still 20minutes away from the chain bridge by walking.

• Classic Double Room

A map with the jugend sights would be helpfull.

The breakfast in the NewYork Cafe was excellent. We prebooked at the reception so the breakfast was 20 euro instead of 25. That makes a difference. Order an omelet and fresh orangejuice, champagne is always a part of the buffet and is an extravagant and good start in the morning when you are on a romantic vacation. All you wish for are in that buffet. And the cafe is the most beautiful cafe in the world. I am happy we took out breakfast there all our 4 mornings in Budapest. We were upgraded for free when we arrived and got a bigger room. A very big room with a kingsize bed and a huge bathroom with a bathtub for two. Beautiful decorated and with all you need. White big towels, housecoats, bathingsalt and all for your bath. The wifi is fast and with no problems, the TV has a lot of channels. My husband like the sportchannel late at night. The language is difficult so it it not that easy to find the special sights. We made a list in our room and the kind receptionist marked all the places on our map. They all speak a very good english. Every day when we came back to the hotel from the termal baths and all the beautiful sights we sat in the lobby. It is such a beautiful and peaceful place. Listen to the piano-player, just looking up and enjoy the fantastic room.

• Classic Double Room

Small room. Toilet small and washbasin was had poor drainage. Front desk busy. Fire alarm went of at 4am.

Location. Breakfast was good. Front desk staff helpful

I booked this hotel because of the pool since I was on a business trip and I wanted that my children have some fun untill I am working. A hotel did not inform me in any way that pool is not working even taught they knew that. My toilette was clogged and no body considered important to come to repair it even we called them several times. Rooms were not so clean. Food in restaurant was fair and nothing special. So overall I will not come back to this hotel. If you compare it with Corinthia that is a few steps away, Corinthia is 10 times better hotel.

Nice old building in which hotel is located

• Classic Double Room

The bathroom smelt a bit but then again it’s an old building . My husband has been charged for two breakfasts in the morning for us when we only went once . I’m not sure if he has contacted them to sort it yet but I’m sure it will be refunded without issue as the charge is for the morning off our arrival and we didn’t get to the hotel until late evening.

Wonderful building and lots of lovely extras . Had a wonderful massage and couples bath which although expensive was worth it . Breakfast was delicious. New York cafe stunning . We got an upgrade which was great and when the room next door was making lots off noise late at night and my husband went to inform the staff they were very helpful and indeed sent up a voucher for coffee and cake and some chocolate.

• Deluxe Double Room

Very small point: the pool in the wellness center seemed to be exceedingly chlorinated.

We were very pleased to secure a room at the Boscolo, because initially there were very few available for our dates. Our flight came in early in the morning, and upon arrival our room was ready. We received an upgrade to a wonderful large room. We were very pleased with the room and the comfort. The staff was very friendly and helpful to us, and we felt treated special. In addition to the morning breakfasts in the New York Cafe, which are wonderful (beautiful scrambled eggs, bacon, everything else imaginable), we also ate dinner twice in the hotel restaurant. And took a late night drink in the Nyugat bar. We visited the spa twice during our stay. It was nice and relaxing. On our last day our flight left in the late afternoon so the desk permitted us a late checkout. Thanks! Overall we thoroughly loved our stay at the Boscolo.

The shower is a joke. The breakdast is overcrowded, disgusting and incapable of making a hot cappucino. Internet not stable. Never ever again

The size of the suite

• Classic Double Room

Beautiful building and atmosphere. Restaurant was spectacular. Location was perfect, walking distance to shops, places of interest, restaurants and bars.

The pool was nice, but small and busy at peak hours (before dinner). We had some rainy days and that would be great for spending in the pool, but it was too small to spend much time. The location is not very near the river/centre, but there is a metro line next to the hotel.

Breakfast room was amazing. Really nice setting to have breakfast in. Food offer on breakfast was OK, but we expected more variety for such nice hotel. On arrival, we got upgraded to an Executive Suite. That was really nice. The Concierge that checked us in, Peter, was really, really great.

• Classic Double Room

Rooms were amazing and spacious verry well kept and comfortable to stay. Staff were also very friendly in guidnace and night time bar service was also great

• Classic Double Room

Fresh milk in fridge. Spa area only open until 9pm, would have been nice if open later.

The first night room was at front of hotel and the bed was too bouncy, so every time one of us turned over it work the other and traffics noisy .we asked to move rooms and were moved to new part of hotel, room suited us better and bed very comfortable.

• Classic Double Room

Loved the building it was stunning. Live piano music and the band playing was unexpected but really helped the atmosphere. Spa was quiet and loved the pool

Nothing worthy of comment

Very helpful staff, dining and breakfast facilities along with the fantastic surroundings i.e New York cafe ambiance, spa facilities etc.

• Classic Double Room

The pool was closed the whole time we were there which we didn’t know about until we tried to use it

We were upgraded to a nicer room, room was beautiful and staff very friendly and helpful

• Exclusive King or Twin Room

No good restaurants nearby. Restaurant Coffee not good quality. Only UHT milk available for coffee, etc even though a 5star hotel with lots of foreign visitors. V busy noisy street in front of hotel.

Staff very friendly and rooms spacious. Bathroom amazing. Historical atmosphere inside and ambience throughout enhanced by all day live piano music in New YorkCafe Fantastic four course mean in New York Salon restaurant and sommelier chose Hungarian wines to match the dishes perfectly.

Me and my boyfriend went for 2 nights. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The hotel was amazing including the rooms, they were clean and spacious. I would recommend this hotel highly.

The Spa area did not have enough facilities for the number of guests. The small pool was not for swimming, just relaxing, and the sauna, showers and steam room were all too crowded late afternoon and early evening.

It was worth staying in this hotel to be able to sit in the New York Cafe for breakfast, and the breakfast was fabulous. It was great to be within walking distance of the Jewish area with its choice of many restaurants and bars. Also it was a bonus to have various transport options on the doorstep.

• Classic Double Room

The customer service was second to none. Upon check in the staff noticed it was my boyfriend's birthday and offered him well wishes which I thought was very kind. Housekeeping staff also noticed that there were birthday cards in our room and between them and the other hotel staff left a beautiful dessert with the message "Happy Birthday". We greatly appreciated the generous and thoughtful gesture!

• Classic Double Room

Spa/pool was a little smaller then expected, and massages seemed expensive.

Very impressive building with great atmosphere. Staf was friendly and helpfull.

• Deluxe Double Room

The spa was lovely. We ate in the Salon restaurant and the food was excellent, the waiters were very attentive and could not have done more for us. The staff throughout the entire hotel were excellent. The pianist and musicians playing throughout the day were excellent also and created a lovely atmosphere.

• Classic Double Room

Upon arrival we were upgraded to a top floor room which included a balcony with excellent views. The room was very large, clean, and very comfortable. The interior of the hotel is just as fabulous as the outside. We were very impressed with the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Absolutely nothing.

Everything! The live pianist and “best Hungarian traditional coffee shop quartet” were brilliant. The reception area was massive well laid out and beautiful. Even the lifts were Uber fabulous!

• Classic Double Room

Hotel left a Happy birthday dessert and message for my fiancé in our room! I loved that there was a separate lift for the spa that you could access directly from your floor! Hotel is immaculate and staff are very friendly and attentive!

• Classic Double Room

we think the hotel should invest more in the employee on the matter of speaking English, some of them didn't understand what we were saying...

the bed was amazing , the pillows too, we loved to be able to have a nice restaurant and amazing live music , every day!!!

• Classic Double Room

Wellness, especially pool could be bigger in five star hotel. Parking is very expensive for Budapest.

Suite New York was absolutuly perfect, big, luxurious, stylish. Breakfast was perfect as well. This historical hotel with perfect servicies and imposing spaces is ideal for exceptional events as engagement, birthday celebration, anniversary and so on.

• Classic Double Room

The staff in the new york cafe were rude and unhelpful despite us staying in the hotel and service was terrible. All other service was excellent and staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful.

room was very spacious and the bed very comfortable. facilities were excellent.

The Bed was incredibly comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud and the hotel itself is so stunningly beautiful its like a palace from another time. Also, if you get the chance try the Hungarian coffee in the Cafe!

• Classic Double Room

The staff by the door weren’t very friendly and a member of staff behind the reception desk told me to wait in a harsh tone when I said excuse me! We took a taxi called by the hotel outside the hotel and they double charged us for some reason!

The room was big and the bed very comfortable. The bathroom had space and the towels big and fluffy.

• Classic Double Room

The only "objection" could be the spa - In my opinion they should make it little bit bigger! But anyway it is only my opinion and they already have the all necessary fascilities.

Everything was superb! Starting from the building/palace itself to the interior, staff, cleanless etc. I just can't find any minus. Hotel rooms are so spacious, they look more like apartments. It's little bit pricey for the Budapest but anyway it is very affordable as you get royal treatment. The Nee York Cafe is simply outstanding!! It looks like a museum decorated with the most beautiful rennaisance details! I highly recommend this hotel!

I liked everything..

I loved everything about this hotel , the staf. We're brilliant from the moment u walk in u can feel every member of staff try to make a genuine effort , the decor is beautiful and the room was really spacious . The bed covers were the best I've slept on as the quality is top notch , great location for sight seeing as outside the hotel is the hop and hop off bus stop which was perfect , and the New York cafe was superb , the decor and the selection of breakfast was out of this world , I would definitely go back and recommend anyone looking for a quality hotel with great service then this definitely is the one ..thank you to all the staff for everything..

• Classic Double Room

The most beautiful hotel you will ever stay in. The perfect location to explore Budapest. All staff are so helpful, friendly and charming. We had an amazing 4 days. And gorgeous spa in the hotel was an added bonus. Most highly recommended.

• Classic Double Room

MAYBE SPA COULD HAVE HAD A JACUZZI ? NEW YORK CAFE WAS GORGEOUS & BY OTHER CAFES OF THIS QUALITY BUT £5.75 FOR AN AMERICANO MAYBE A TAD EXPENSIVE (BUT WAY CHEEPER THAN ANYWHERE IN PARIS!!!! LOVELY CHARACTER HOTEL

I CAME HERE OUT OF SEASON SO PRICE WAS VERY REASONABLE & I GOT A FREE UP GRADE WAS LIKE NEW INSIDE, BUT RETAINED ITS CHARACTER NEW YORK CAFE INSIDE THE HOTEL WAS GORGEOUS STAFF WERE LOVELY GREAT LOCATION

• Classic Double Room

Absolutely nothing - could not fault a single thing!

Absolutely outstanding hotel, didn’t want to leave to visit the tourist attractions because the hotel itself was so amazing. Every single staff memeber we dealt with was outstanding. Exceptional hotel!

• Classic Double Room

Very little. One barman (bar manager) was very rude and offensive. Fortunately the rest of the staff made up for it!

Resplendent hotel! Magnificent architecture and Staff. Breakfast superb and one of the best rooms ever stayed in. Great location - bars and restaurants close by and Metro 50m away.

• Classic Double Room

Bathroom was terrible, the douche-tube and under the toilet-seat was dirty, swimmingpool-side was dirty, 20 minutes awaiting time for bill in cafe , waiters in restaurant didn't bring exactly what we ordered, and it was not a complicated order. 1 Tonic and 1 Cola, and we got 1 Tonic and 1 Ginger. Neither of these are acceptable for a hotel this expensive and exclusive!

Good looking exterior, great location and atmosphere, quiet room and perfect sheets.

• Classic Double Room

I didnt like interior of room it was very big room very spacious room but was not done properly it didnt match with the ambience of the hotal the side tables had no draws the table lamps were not nice even the small mirrors on wall were disturbing

Its ambiance its atrium its new york cafe and beautiful smell used to come from corridors