Reviews of Hotel Omnibusz 3 stars

1101 Budapest, Üllői 108, Hungary

#313 of 344 hotels in Budapest

The heather/radiator and the TV didn't work. Pretty dirty. They took us money for the parking and breakfast (not specified on web ). 20 euro more. Pretty old and bad conditions. Near the railway, very noisy. Bad smell in the bathroom. Old hotel with some aspect customisations.

Very close to Mc Donald's, LIDL, and few more markets and fast-foods. Decent for ONLY one night, the beds were confortable and clean. The price and sleeping conditions are decent for one night! I slept pretty well:)

• Double or Twin Room

The woman who cleaned the room was very good. The room was not good at all. The staff at the reception were very bad and unpolite. The only thing good was who close this place was to the airport.

Location near to the airport and the woman who clean the room was nice. Al the other staff was not up to their work and were not nice. Not at all.

Great place to stay near the airport, people at the desk very friendly and helpful, called the taxi toi the airport for me in the morning, everything right on time.

• Family Room

Everything! It's old I mean really old. It really needs to get remodeled. The faucet in the bathroom was falling off. You have to hold on to it and turn it on or off at the same time. It looked dirty no matter if it was cleaned or not. The shower is dindgy and moldy. It was right before new years so I couldn't find anymore rooms if I did I would have gladly left to another and paid more and they can keep my money. My husband and kids were mad we had to stay there. But no choice. Beds are disgusting. Don't look if you stay here you will regret it. The sheets stained and towels are old and discolored hard too. It didn't help they had BED BUG PROBLEMS signs everywhere. The picture looks like regular stink bugs so I don't know if it was a language thing but enough to cause a panic. We did find bugs the moment we got in. It looked like the ones in the picture and one was a cockroach. Ugh! Also shipping train is right outside. Never mind traffic noise that's no big deal train ran all day all night. Plus loud blaring horns and screetching noise even in the middle of the night. There was no control of heating and it was blasting we were dying it was so hot so we had to leave the windows slightly open for air. It was a mess.

I booked it cuz the parking was behind the hotel. We were travelling by car. We like that the train station is a short walk away. But it was scary cuz it was full of homeless people drinking and laying around. Burger king is right next door. Good for our kids. There's a staff in the restaurant in the morning that was nice. We asked if there was fresh coffee since the pot was cold and she made us fresh cups from another coffee maker. Ultimately I booked the hotel thinking it's not that bad base on the pictures. Yes it's old but looked clean. But it really is bad in person.

• Double or Twin Room

The receptionist must not be their usual person - he didn't speak a word of English and so I had to speak over the phone with another person. It slowed everything down heaps.

Bed was comfortable and although the facilities were old they were tidy enough.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was smoked, the heating was not regulated, it was overheated. Even when we had a confirmed earlier check-in, we could not accommodate before 14:00. Although the price was about 55 € we paid over 70 € ... I do not know why

Very busy area but we got a quieter room, good breakfast, there are plenty of lawns for dogs and shopping nearby

• Double or Twin Room

Our room wasn't comfortable, there was strange smell, and we found few bugs on the floor...

Location is good, walking distance from the bus terminal

This was the sixth time that I had stayed at this hotel and I had booked it 5 of those times though booking.com. This stay was for only one night but prior stays had been for as many as 4 or 5 nights. After this last stay, I don't think that I will use it again in the future. Rarely do I have many negative things to say about an accommodation but this is the acceptation. The lighting in the bedroom area was so dim that I couldn't write or read in the room either at the desk or while in bed except when I was using my computer. The overhead lighting was operational but neither of the table lamps on either side of the bed were operational. My major complaint is regarding my payment. I was supposed to be charged in the local currency and be allowed to use a credit card. Well, the woman on duty when I checked in spoke very limited English and I gave up trying to explain to her that I was being overcharged and being charged improperly. I calculated my charge afterward and thought I was over and/or improperly charged $53.80 instead of $47.68. Because my charge was converted to dollars by the hotel, I was charged an extra 3.5% fee when I was supposed to be charges in the local currency. I thought that this could be corrected by the more experienced daytime staff. Well, that woman with whom I had also had a problem with during my 2 nights stay in early September, was of absolutely no help. She seemed to be enjoying the fact that I was upset and basically said that the other person was new and there was nothing that she could do about this matter. If that is the case, then something is terribly wrong with the management of this hotel. The woman who was a new employee and worked the shift when I had checked in did do several nice things for me and I don't want to fault her because of her lack of fluency with English. Another issue is the decline in the quality of the breakfast.

The lighting in the bathroom was wonderful. There was plenty of hot water. The hotel is convenient to mass transit and that's why I had initially picked it. My request for a backside room was honored...it is too noisy in the frontside rooms due to traffic noises. The WiFi service was good. There was an electric kettle in the room.

• Double or Twin Room

1. I booked my room via the portal and i have option to pay in the hotel with cash - when I arrived staff told me that thay had already charged my credit card ... i had exchange special HUF to pay for the hotel. 2. The rooms are not so very clean. 3. A lot of noise from the main street. 4. You need to extra pay for parking.

Underground station is so close to hotel. It is only one advantage of this place.

Unfortunately the hotel is on a main road and my room was very noisy, even with the double-glazed window shut. Also the Wifi didn't work properly in the room and kept cutting out every 3 minutes which was a pain. The room was also very stuffy, therefore, air conditioning is necessary which they charge extra for.

Close to the metro station and close to the airport. Good breakfast, friendly staff and good value for money. Comfortable bed.

The breakfast was not as good as it was several years ago. The food was apparently put out at 7 A.M. and never replenished. By 9 A.M. the scrambled eggs were cold and almost non-existent. If you wanted coffee you had to ask for it once you found the desk person.

The bed was very comfortable. Having the air conditioning helped provide a great background cover so that I never noticed the trains, etc. The shower was very good as well with plenty of warm water.

It was basic but nothing was wrong.

The room was fine and I liked the location of the hotel. It is near to a park and the centre of Budapest via public transport, including by bus after 11pm. I would recommend this hotel for trips to Budapest.

The cleanliness of Room 1's bathroom could've been 10 times better. It smelled of pee since the moment I entered the room until I left.

Reception staff were great! Helpful and honest. The lizard next to my room and the fish tank were pretty cool too.

• Double or Twin Room

- very loud, just next to the railway and street with heavy traffic - room was dirty, with spider webs and stinking bathroom - parking is charged extra - unpleasant receptionist - bad breakfast

Close to the metro

• Double or Twin Room

Its right next to a train station and there were a lot of freight trains going in and out at night

The only positive thing is that it was close to an underground station and you could get around easily

Cleanliness

I don't really like anything at the hotel as much as the room was not clean as such, no duvet nor duvet covers. Bathroom was very dirty as the walls was full of dirty splashes. Breakfast? Hmmm fruit flies hovering over the food placed on the table, what else can I say?

• Double or Twin Room

Very friendly staff. We have arrived a lot earlier than check-in time and were so tired. We had a room in 15 minutes :)) The room is average, nothing special but clean. The location is great. 5 min walking to metro station. Nearby supermarket and burger king were vital to get late-night eating, coffee and to shop some food for the morning. Overall, we believe that our choice of hotel was correct.

• Double or Twin Room

A private taxi was arranged for airport shuttle and he charged us more than usual.

stayed one night only. MC D near by. A store for snacks nearby. Staff very obliging

• Double or Twin Room

Bathroom furniture is very old and dirty Ugly smell in the bathroom Very close to a railway making it very noisy Cars passing by all night, making it even noisier Parking was not free, although being inside the hotel's private property

Very close to petrol stations, Lidl, McDonalds and Burgerking.

• Family Room

Room was basic and quite shabby, but clean.

Staff was very helpful. We stayed in the room until 13:00 instead of 11:00 free of charge as we had person with back problems. Breakfast is OK, but nothing special. Wifi. Close to airport.

Unfriendly receptionist, noisy - next to busy road and bad soundproofing, everything (room) is dated

Relatively close to airport, good for a sleepover, park nearby for running

• Double or Twin Room

The bathroom. And I'm not so sure about the currency, we didn't receive any invoice, I feel we payed extra, without any explanation.

Proximity to metro station

• Double or Twin Room

Pretty old hotel. Without any modernization. The bathrooms don't looks good. Protective mesh at the window full with dust. The window hard to be close (please change them !!!). Extremely noisy location due to the trains.

Close to the subway. Friendly staff who gave useful information.

• Double or Twin Room

The bigest asset of the hotel was its staff. They were very helpfull when we asked for directions always with a smile on the face ready to make you feel welcome. The location was also very good. It is less than a 5 minute walk from the metro station for easy access to town center.

The property's location is described wrongly, if I knew how far it was I would never have booked it. It said it was walking distance from Nepliget Bus station when it was kilometres away, I needed to book a taxi (after a bus and metro journey from the airport) to take us to the hotel. There was no lift and when you have a heavy suitcase it's not much fun to carry it upstairs. The lamps didn't work in the room, no soap provided. My expectations were not high as we simply wanted to stay overnight before travelling further and wanted a place near the airport but nevertheless could have been better for the price we paid.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Family Room

A little bit noisy place because of railway and road. But we slept quite well.

Nice place with excellent balance between price and guality. It is easy to get there, hotel is close to the metro station (next to the church), close to super market (open till 21:00) and very close to the fuel station with small shop (open 24h). Nice staff, comfortable beds. Enough place fo keeping bags. Wifi. I recommend for those who want to visit Budapest in a cheap way.

• Family Room

The close located railway line and trains are annoying during the day but it is quiet during the night. Breakfast was very poor and cold. WiFi signal was poor in our room.

Building, Room and furniture quite old but OK - clean. Good location as the hotel is close to the undergroud/metro station

• Double or Twin Room

Hours walk from the city centre, basically on a highway so there's constant noise from that. Wifi didn't work in the rooms which meant there were people sitting around on the stairs and in the hallways trying to use it. People running around all night shouting and banging doors - felt more like a youth hostel or a half way house. TV provided wasn't tuned in to a single channel. Kettle provided was broken. Shower doors didn't close properly so the bathroom becomes a wet-room. Dark hairs all over the bed and pillows. Staff uninterested in giving directions other than 'that way'.

Comfy bed. Near to metro.

Noisy location on main road and backing onto freight railway track . Being earplugs!

Great if you have vehicle as ample cheap parking in site . Short walk to metro station , also fast food restaurants, shops abs supermarkets nearby . Nice room with comfortable bed, decor a bit dark and dated but everything clean and working .

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Very noisy location - on main road and backing onto a freight railway line . Bring ear plugs ! Breakfast isn't great - only 4 Euros but quite limited but 'ok' . Saw some other people being their own food in and prepare breakfast so I guess that's allowed .

Nice big room and huge double bed , very good rate . Slightly quirky hotel, nice staff and free secure parking . Location is on main road just 3 minutes walk to Esceri Ut Metro , Burger King next door and McDonalds opposite . Lidl and Spar supermarkets also within walking distance .

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Everything in this hotel is at the end of it's function the needs gutting and updating. Also the rooms was crawling with ants. Avoid staying here if possible.

Close to a macdonalds so I didn’t have to eat anything from there

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Just facility-in-room is not so good.

good stuff,cozy room,good location close to Metro. And the most important thing is cheap price!It was worthy to stay.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Traffic & train noise day and night Poor wifi signal Arranged pickup was not a registered taxi and I suspect the price was on the high side

Easy access to metro line with direct route to city centre Easy access via bus and metro to airport

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Hotel is near main street and railway line so it is very noisy. Rooms are not very clear, air-conditioning not included in price. Breakfast also not included, costs near 4 euros and it is very poor. There is no elevator.

Great stuff, everyone speaks in English. In 5 min from metro line and 3 mins from tram. Price is good.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

It is a little bit noisy because of a train railway around and the room was very small and old fashioned.

It is very clean, with a secure parking lot and some green area with tables. Very close to the metro station, Burger King and Mc Donalds. Also next to a gas station and a supermarket. The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Location very close to railways, trains passing all day. Very noisy location, highly congested traffic nearby location. Current rating does not reflect the quality and comfort of the location

Free parking. Near M3 metro station

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

If you are travelling to by bus, this is a good option to stay overnight - located closely to the bus station Nepliget. About 10 minutes walk from the hotel to the nearest metro station line M3. Rooms are clean, however very noisy due to railway line passing just next to hotel. Impossible to close the window, because there is no air conditioning and would be too hot othetwise. But not bad in general. 2 supermarkets located closely - lidl and despar, Mc Donald's is across the road. Good for transit stay.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

Hardly any atmosphere in the neighbourhood, somewhat "industrial feel" to it. Food at breakfast differs by day, some good...but could be better

Half-way city-airport v.v. both easy by metro (€1)Nice breakfast, spacious rooms, chatty lady @ reception ;-) Lidl, McD, OMV right across the street

The property have parking,was clen,confortable and good warm

• Double or Twin Room

Train close ( l. Bad smell in the room. . Road close.

Close to metro

• Double or Twin Room

My full visit from beginning to end

Infestation of bed bugs, extremely poor breakfast, dirty hovel

- ideal for one day stay in Budapest

Bad area, not really worth it to stay for the airport. Paid a lot for airport taxi.

Noisy.

• Double or Twin Room

The train was noise and the staff did not smile at all

Good value for money. The hotel is close to a main bus station and underground station.

• Double or Twin Room

Nice breakfast and friendly staff

• Double or Twin Room

staff at reception not very friendly

cheap price u get what u pay for

• Double or Twin Room

Too much noice and the smell (atmosphere) in the room, 5 channels available at TV

The dimension of the bed!

the location was so noisy even night time.

wifi

• Family Room

The bathroom and the noise from the train railway.

It was near to the metro station.

Old desigb

Park

Noise from the street and transport

City center. Near the store.

• Double or Twin Room

Cleaning staff is very very noisy! At 7 in the morning the cleaning staff were yelling in the hotel hall.

It was noisy due to the trains around

Beds were comfortable

everything

the worst place I have ever been in my life - stay away from this place as far as you can

Noise from train.Brrrrummm.

Location,bed,parking

• Double or Twin Room

Would not stay here again. Very dirty bathroom. Room has broken lights. Staff not very friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

-no lift -noise because near the main street, always hear everything

-Can check early if the room already cleaned

• Double or Twin Room

No elevator and cramped room.

Very noisy. It was like sleeping in the middle of the street...

• Double or Twin Room

Big noise in room from traffic

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Family Room

Everything feels like an old Soviet hotel with some makeover that didn't fully covered the old.

Big family room. Location.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

A little bit noisy road near the hotel

Ladies at the reception

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Very basic. Do not expect anything more than you pay for

Location. Close to the airport and tube station

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Furnitur in the room fell apart

Location, near to Metro

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Room

Location, staff

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Horrible toilet

Kids playing in the corridor 1 o clock in the morning Drunks coming home at 4 in the morning k,singing..and laughing

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

- very soft bed

- obsolete furniture but clean and comfy - good wi-fi

• Family Room

bathroom is not so good.

Close to metro station, Location is great !!!

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Noisy , Far from the center.

Close to airport.good value for money. Parking .

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

A/C at extra cost; leaking shower booth; bathroom wasn't very clean

Friendly reception staff; easy to get to the airport; nice yard

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Double or Twin Room

Noise from train A lot of water in bathroom on the ground No cleaning during day

Nearby metro station Kindly staff Good prices