Reviews of Hotel Unicornis 3 stars

3300 Eger, Dr. Hibay K. 2, Hungary

#9 of 22 hotels in Eger

The hotel was very near the Castle and old town. Room was comfortable, though the aircon was not great. Easy car parking and breakfast was very good. The staff were friendly and eager to help in any way. A very comfortable Stay.

Someone made a mistake - I have booked a room with two single beds and got a bed with one double - meanwhile booking or hotel owner have changed information without informing me. I am waiting for booking response but still no information. I lost my money, it was a business trip, not a private one with my famiy. I'm totally dissatisfied. I don't know who excatly made a mistake but still I have no rsponse and I'm waiting for compensation as I couldn't sleep in a bed I paid for(after few hours I got another room but before that I have to sleep on a floor...

Conditions were nearly perfect, but: The elevator is so slow and does not show in which floor it is at the moment. Door of the room to corridor does not provide sound insulation. Depending on the noise of other guests, you might get a little bit disturbed.

Booking.com offered me a special cheap price, the reason might be I booked on the same day I moved in. I am a student, I went to Eger only for sightseeing. Hotel had facilities as gym, spa, massage..etc. but I did not have time to use, I appreciate the quality of 3 star hotel with this price.

In my room, the shower door did not close completely, causing water to leak on the bathroom floor while showering. Housekeeping did not service my room during my stay (two nights) [I was kind of expecting them to pick up the floor towel with the excess water.]

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at Hotel Unicornis. It has an excellent location, close to the middle of town, the fortress, and the Turkish bath. I liked the view of the fortress from my room. Hotel staff speaks good English. Very good value. I would stay here again.

Slightly far from the main train station. It felt a little expensive too considering it was off season

Guests may find the single rooms small, but I found it cosy. It had a great view of the castle and was in a great location for seeing both rhe castle and old town centre. Breakfast was also a treat. The self service buffet had lots of choice and felt traditional.

All was good.Some distant rooms weak wifi,had to go to corridor to catch the signal.

Very good hotel with excellent service in centre of Eger. Not far from spa and swimming pools. Good service in restaurant and possibility to have half pansion,dinner for decent price.Breakfast very good,especially i liked the pink fruit soup in morning. Very clean. Comfy beds and nice views to old town.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

it is not about the hotel but Eger itself - Saturday evening, 22.00, no restaurants open

very good breakfast; location close to the city center; nice staff

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

1. In three nights we have stayed, never our room been cleaned. Bathroom floor was so sticky when we arrived, smelly as well. 2. Paying in florint than euro as specified in booking. At the end, we paid more. 3. Issued receipt thru email as in not official receipt at all and worst it is written in Hungarian language!

It was so strange to pay extra fee for a parking

No adjustment option for heating a bit too hot.

Wellness and breakfast, centric location yet quite.

Staff were a bit bureaucratic

Pleasant hotel near the old town

two single beds, even placed together are not suitable for a couple

location is excellent, the old town is right there tasty breakfast

We received small room no air conditioning it was a spare room .the said that they are fully booked.

Breakfast location the city

Noise from the street, loud neighbors in other hotel rooms

Wellness area, staff

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

The air circulator was loud when turned on.

Excellent staff.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Poor wifi signal in my room. Ceiling is really low which hurt my head.

Everything is perfect

• Reviewed: 30 July 2015

Limited breakfast choice. Air conditioner not sufficient capacity to deal with hot days (although there was a heat wave while we were there).

Good location right near the main square and castle

• Reviewed: 17 June 2015

Choice at breakfast was poor with the eggs and fried food cold , also why does the radio and music have to be on so loud? like having breakfast in a disco, same could be heard in the wellness area as well!!

the location of the Hotel to all the sights was good,lots to offer for a few days stop over in the area

• Reviewed: 4 May 2015

the bathroom was a bit small and not very cosy and for our needs it was a bit to expensive. we didn't even have time to have a look an the wellness area.

the location was very good and eger is a nice city.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

I met the loveliest and most helpful staff here

There are also 19 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.