Reviews of Park Hotel Gyula 3 stars

5700 Gyula, Part u. 15, Hungary

#7 of 12 hotels in Gyula

Very nice place, clean and the staff was very friendly.
    • Standard Twin Room

Very nice place, clean and the staff was very friendly. Many parking slots for those who travel by car. Very good food! We had breakfast and dinner everyday. The hotel is situated 5min walking from the “Varfurdo” pools.

A new looking 70's hotel, which is a good value for the money.

To me the 70's feeling, which was very strongly present in the hotel was not ideal to say the least...The hotel is fairly new looking otherwise, so it is not like it is neglected. I am simply not a 70's man. If you are into it though, this may be the place for you!

Friendly staff, clean hotel, rooms, nice bathroom, some of the food was realy good!

Great location, amazing food, good rest - recommendations!

Hotel was great, everything as advertised. Food (breakfast and especially dinner) was excellent! Such a good value for the money we paid. Stuff was very kind and helpful. Gyulai Varfurdo SPA tickets can be bough at the hotel with an extra exit from the SPA during the day. Also we did not realize that Hotel is so close to the SPA complex - it is literally the opposite of it and the entrance is around 70 m from it. Simply amazing! :)

Fulfilled my requirements up to a point.

No aircon in the room. Shower tray was blocked up but eventually drained overnight. Breakfast consisted of stodgy food and was not suitable for my life style. Towels not replaced during my stay.

The location suited my needs for this trip period.

Nice

The room was to small, no romanian Tv programs in our room...

It was nice, the food was very good, wifi good, the location excellent

• Reviewed: 9 October 2015

I have been travelling the world a lot, and it was the worse experience ever!!! before booking this trip read all the opinions and didn't see any negative one, so decided to go for 3 star. While booking online I requested: 2 separate beds (travelled with elder relative of mine), nice window view and quiet room. By arrival we received one double bad, on the last floor with the tiny windows on the roof with the sky look, and very small room and as it turned out later - noisy too. Receptionist, before giving this room to us didn't even pay attention that I came with much elder person, and we definately won't share 1 bad even if both of us ladies. So, instead of relaxing after long trip, 30 minutes spent for changing the room. In the hotel there is no opportunity to get a food straight, or just to have a coffee, soft drinks or snacks, you can't even chill out in the whole hotel as there no place for that, the only you could probably do is using sauna -which was opened only from 4pm to 8 pm! weird timing,so I even didn't try it, as by this time was in town. Old furniture in the room makes you moody, old big TV on the table which takes half of the room space, useless thing. In the room nothing was for your comfort: no cattle, no cups, no water or mini bar, no shower gel !!! to get the liquid soap out of the container huge effort, only small drop is coming out after 10th push. Dinner was from 6pm until 9pm, I came to the Restaurant at 7:25pm and almost no food was there. Menu's main dish was: "Galuska (home made little dumplings) with catwish stew"....when I looked on the buffet table I found the cheapest quality pasta all glued together and 2 little pieces of fish swimming in the souce. When I asked the waiter if I can get more of fish, he told it's over for tonight!!! when I asked why on the menu is galuska and here is this strange pasta, he told they had no galuska and they cooked this instead!!!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Good location and a nicely furnished room.

The bathroom was tiny and if you don't pay attention you can hit the walls easily. Other big minus is on the restaurant side. I'm quite a frequent traveler and I've never encountered (except hostels) that in a hotel at the breakfast you have to prepare instant coffee (they provide it) because regular coffee is available only at an extra cost.

Good location and a nicely furnished room. One can tell that the hotel was recently renovated and it was done so in a very good taste.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2015

The food was the best!

The pool is filed with cold water. I think it's usable only after you stay in the sauna for a while.

The food was the best! Clean room, big shower cabin.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Excellent staff, very good position, very good dinner and...

Tv channels only in hungarian language. No bar in the lobby.

Excellent staff, very good position, very good dinner and breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

nothing to dislike

• Reviewed: 19 February 2015

jo volt a kaja

Svab bogar a szobaban

jo volt a kaja

There are also 4 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.