Reviews of Ascott Jakarta 5 stars

Jl. Kebon Kacang Raya No 2, Tanah Abang, 10230 Jakarta, Indonesia

#9 of 77 Holiday rentals in Jakarta

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

They forgot to refill the box of tissues and to give us a hairdryer in the room.

Asked for an extra blanket at like 1 AM and it was delivered within minutes. Exceptional service.

• Premier Three-Bedroom Apartment

location from aurport to hotel. cab tooks us the long way passing the market in Tanah Abang with busy road

kitchen facilties, washing machine n dryer included bed n pillow comfortable dining area big toilet is spacious with bathtub Breakfast selections

• Premier Two-Bedroom Apartment

some of the staff needs to be trained how to ask nice or treat their guests better. some of them take like they are doing you a favor by staying there. they almost think we were staying their for FREE.

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

One day I forget to put do not disturb and the housekeeping guy knock the bill at early morning while we were sleeping and enter to the aparment!!!

Every thing was fine. The staff are smiley and helpful all the time. They upgrade my booking to two bed room apartment. The hotel is located between two shopping malls (Thamrin and Grand). The security help us to cross the road. The apartment is big, nice and clean. The kitchen is equipped with most every thing.

• Premier Two-Bedroom Apartment

Should mop / clean the floors.

Location is greeat, great hospitality from the staffs, ambience is great! Room is huge! Great for family with small kids. 3 mins walk to Grand Indonesia & thamrin city

• Premier Studio

Massage service at room was not as expected. 60 minutes massage as per brochure was only done in 40 minutes. Although appointment was made earlier, the session started an hour late after many follow-up calls.

Location is at central Jakarta, near to shopping malls and eateries. easy to reach from airport and to airport, less traffic jam compared to other locations at city centre.

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

Swimming pool is not in a good condition.

Jakarta is not an ordinary city. The traffic jam is extravaganza. Staying in this hotel with the very big department store in front of you and hundreds of small shops in Thamarin city is just cross the road. I feel happy in my nest and ask all those come to see me. So no bother with traffic jam anymore. Going out early to the airport is a must.f

• Premier Studio

Nothing about the hotel but the distance from the hotel and the airport

Close to the mall .. And everything in the hotel .. In the room u will find everything

no significant change necessary

Late checkout at 3pm. Pleasant and considerate staffs particularly Pak Hambali who assisted us during checked in. Ascott Jakarta has never failed me. Pleasant stay!

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

the manager Ms Fadlun so nice to give me free upgrade to 2 bedroom suite as 1 bedroom smoking room not available. The hotel facilities and location is excellent.

• Premier Studio

I asked them to change bed linen and went to eat and when I came back I found that they put dirty bed linen for me Also in restaurant they put dirty spoon ,fork and knife for me the breakfast is very poor and no many options and the restaurant is very small and the staff are not enough and when I call them for any thing they simply say wait !!!! and the worst thing was when I did check in , they asked me to sign a paper written in bahasa which I cannot understand but I found my cridet card number there and when I asked her what is this paper she said it is to prove that this card is your’s , I told her how can I sign a paper in an unknown language and how can you say this card is not mine and you see my name on it and I used my pin code and I book by booking.com

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

Nothing to complaint about ;)

We booked the 1 bedroom premier apartment and it exceeded all expectations. The rooms are clean and bigger than expected, top-notch service, and great location (it couldn't be better!). At first we thought the classic-modern imperial Dutch design would be outdated by now, but turned out it suits the overall theme really well. Would definitely stay here again for the next visit.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

Sometimes the rooms are dirty and not properly cleaned, maybe due to full house.

Location is awesome and the staff are normally nice and friendly and they serve halal food at the coffee house.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

TV in the big room was not working. We could so with a few glasses in the bathroom and kitchen!

We had a 2-bedroom suite. The living room was very spacious. The beds & pillows were comfortable, air-conditioner was working well, water pressure was good (though the bathroom looked a little tired). Location for us (to work and also accessibility to food in the nearby mall which is literally next door to us), was fantastic. I also like the fact that the hotel is physically sheltered from the main street and because of this, the stress of the traffic beyond the hotel is not felt. It's also quiet. On the whole, I would say it's a good experience and I will return. This is my 2nd Ascott stay over the period of 3 weeks. I was in Manila Citadines before this.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

However, It’s really hard to cook when the kitchenware is incomplete - no chopping board, no knife, no stirring spoon. No towel for drying up the dishes. The hotel doesn’t provide water bottle but water dispenser. On the second night we requested for the water to be refilled. But surprisingly, we requested again on the 3rd night. Meaning to say, the bottle was not fully refilled.

The staffs are helpful. Pak Hambali is very friendly and know most of the Bruneians who have stayed there (I feel like home hehe) The hotel is very close to Thamrin City and Tanah Abang so we didn’t waste most of our time. The staffs were able to fulfil our request especially the weighing scale. So shoppers, if you’re worried about excess baggage, you might want to weigh it at the hotel first! Hehe the hotel has a good weighing scale (not the normal one for the body). We love almost everything about Ascott.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

They don't provide enough kitchenware for us. No plate, no fork and spoon, not enough glass and not even a teaspoon. We asked for more glass but they gave us two glass candle holders. Strange and funny.

The room is spacious and comfortable. Kids really enjoyed the playroom. Good location, near mall and restaurant.

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

Location location location. Upgraded to 2 bedroom suite. Room was spacious. Kitchenette comes complete with washing machine, microwave oven and a big fridge. In house spa is good and reasonable priced.

• Premier Three-Bedroom Apartment

There is no hand soap and there is only one bathrobe for each room No hand spray in the bathroom The three bedrooms apartment has only two bathrooms!

• Premier Studio

Nothing me and my kids love to stay here, even my friend while they visit in me here.

The area and people here so nice. Security front desks and other stuff too, they are so friendly and helpful

• Premier Studio

Room cleaning didnot do it perfectly because they forget to fill up tea, sugar etc for the second day i stay

Bed is very comfortable, the room is big with very good facility

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

Housekeeping can take awhile to come when called. No handheld water hose by the toilet (but there is a built-in washer in the toilet bowl).

Near shopping mall. Spacious apartment. Super clean. Luxurious. Very friendly staff.

• Premier Studio

The pillows are old and too soft. The comforter is no longer fluffy it does not give the comfort needed. The washer machine is unable to dry clothes even after the maintenance person replaced the washing machine.

Location is good. Accessible to the old and new malls. The security staff are friendly and always willing to help.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

i find the rooms are dusty, maybe there wasn't enough cleaner to cover the whole floor as the unit is quite big. it is proven by dust below the chair and side tables in the room . the Carpet at the living room has animal hairs and my daughter has insect bites after sitting on it. I requested for the carpet to be vacumm and they did.

the location is fantastic , just a walking distance from Grand indonesia and plaza indonesia. The security guard was very nice to help us in crossing the street. the receptionist was friendly and helpful when i ask for the carpet in the living room to be vacummed. the parking space is big. the room is big and spacious. it even have separate maids living quarter and bathroom so my baby sitter do not need to sleep on the couch.

• Premier Studio

SPA was upsetting as their standard was not the same level as the hotel name. Prefer to get a SPA outside the hotel. Breakfast spread was too little and not tasty.

Their rooms were big and we had our room upgraded. Room service was fast. Concierge was helpful and friendly. Excellent guarded hotel as they priority the safety of their guests. Perfect location for those love shopping!!

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

Need to request items such as shower gel, teas and sugar as well as detergents a few times as the housekeeping staff did not replenish them. The spa couldn’t accept credit card as payment which is rather inconvenience.

The location is very good and easily accessible to many shopping malls. The apartment is spacious and nicely decorated. The kitchen is equipped with washer and dryer.

• Premier Studio

I only stay one night and no deposit is taken. However if you stay more than a night deposit is compulsory and they will return your deposit thru your account within 1 to 2 weeks in which I believe this is so wrong.

Hotel is very near to all major shopping complexes and walking distance.

• Premier Two-Bedroom Apartment

They only provide 2 pair of slippers, when in fact I booked the room with 4 people occupancy. They refused to give me another pair with no obvious reason when I requested. I also found a milk bottle for baby under the table in the living room. I guess the housekeeper failed to notice it when they were cleaning the room.

Loved the interior, it was very cozy and luxurious at the same time. The location was superb as well.

• Premier Studio

It’s quite spacious for the three of us (two adults n 1 seven year old child). Very good location to shop. Walking distance to grand indonesia and thamrin shopping mall.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

The children's pool was not suitable for under 5's and the playroom could be better.

The 2-bedroom suite was spacious, clean with good kitchen facilities. Requests for extra bed and water through out our stay was promptly met. Front office staff was very helpful with arrangements for car; restaurant and concierge staff pleasant, polite and attentive.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

The breakfast selections should include few more choice of the local food.

The service from the main entrance to the front office was excellent. Staff greeted us politely and always offer us assistance since we traveled with my aged mum and aunt who has difficulty in walking.

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

I Was charge a fee for things that I didn’t do. Please replace your defect washer machine and not charge your loyal guess for it. Hotel manager should treat your long stay guess better. Remember, happy guess will come again and again to your hotel and of course recommend others.

• Premier Three-Bedroom Apartment

Waiting long time more than 2 hours for check-in !!! SPA is not good enough with high prices Small Swimming pool Small Loopy

Comfortable Bed Spacious Apartment

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

The hotel could have been more generous with provision of toiletries. The gym should be opened Earlie and close later then 6am to 10pm. The pool was not kid friendly for kids under 5.

Location right next to the Grand Indonesia

• Premier Studio

They didn’t help with baggage when checking in. Room service was slow. They only accept local currency if paying cash.

Staff’s were accommodating when checking in. The free upgrade was a bonus. The rooms were very spacious and clean. Location was perfect. It was right across one of the main malls.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

Arrived earlier than check in time, yet still able to get a room. Walking distance to Grand Indonesia Mall and Thamrin City Mall. The 2 bedroom Executive was very spacious. The security guards helped my children cross the busy road. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

• Premier Studio

They upgraded us to a larger room and were generous with the check-out timing. The location is really really awesome - just next to Grand Indonesia. Awesomely huge rooms. Would definitely come back in the future.

• Premier Three-Bedroom Apartment

The hotel staff was friendly and the room is very beautiful, also it is near to grand indonesia and thamrin mall great for shopping. I would booked again for sure.

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

Smooker are only excepted in the lower floor which is not enough

Staff Staff Staff especially Mr. Tony in the reception he was very helpful smile and advise guy

• Premier Two-Bedroom Apartment

Bathroom fittings are old and shower cubicles are not clean well. For the 2 bedroom apartment I find them run down and dinghy

Location and being able to stay with friends in a two bedroom apartment is fun.

• Premier Studio

Slow internet. Average breakfast. Website advised there is a shower in the room which is NOT correct. Only a bath tube. Useless kitchenette, as expected. Can barely be used to boil an egg.

Good location. Friendly staff.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

Although the main appliances in the apartment were splendid, however the kitchen was not fully equipped with a knife, a cutting board, a ladle, which are necessary for some light cooking or even cutting fresh fruits.

The location was fantastic, with 2 upscale malls and another marketplace all within walking distance. Good food choices nearby. The 2-bedroom apartment is very spacious. The beddings were very comfortable and the toiletries provided were excellent.

• Premier Studio

I lost my money during my breakfast time then check out and when arriving my other destination checked my wallet find money stolen!! We claim the management but they were not given any assistance and not allowed us to check the ctv for my room side! That’s really bad

Quality & clean

• Premier Studio

Had to take the service entrance with my dog as a dog is considered haram. No other guests were supposed to see the dog. Not bad for a hotel that claims to be pet friendly.

Fairly large clean room.

• Premier Two-Bedroom Apartment

Breakfast can be more variety

Space space space.... Location right next to Grand Indonesia. Bye2 hustle and traffic jam. Comfy bed Dispenser water available Lots of kitchen utensil with electric stove Washing machine that actually works .....yeay

• Premier Three-Bedroom Apartment

Could've been abit more generous with the shower gel and shampoo. We stayed in the three bedroom apartment. 6 of us in the room but we were only provided with 2 bottles shower gel and shampoo. But they did top us up after we requested for it.

Staffs were polite and helpful. Always greet us with smiles on their faces. Rooms were clean, well maintained. Overall great value for money and will definitely return.

• Premier Studio

The pool was kinda small.

The location was the best as its right smack in the middle of all the shopping malls. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was great, clean and spacious with its complete kitchen facilities, very comfortable bed and pillows. I liked that they provided L'Occitane shampoo and shower gel which was replenished daily. Short walking distance to the car-free sunday walking street, which was an experience not to be missed!

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

The kitchen cutlery was not that clean and the bathroom lacked decent toiletries. The property needs an upgrade as it’s quite tired and old in places.

Great location and very large rooms. Staff were also efficient.

• Premier Studio

for the price paid, the breakfast is bad, standard amenities is the room that given like hair dryer not given. hotel rundown, bad spa & massage experience ...not a good experience for a weekend gateaway

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

Room service menu could be improved. The second bathroom needed to be cleaned [wc was dirty]. We checked in late and went to the restaurant [with 8 people], the food was served only after 50 minutes and somehow the drinks came late too! Our room did not have an iron and ironing board.

Easy checkin in a large room in the ground floor with seats to sign in. Friendly front desk staff, the duty manager was very competent. Nice spacious rooms, convenient location next to the Grand Indonesia Mall. Fairly easy to find but the entrance could be better lit. It is not far after the West Mall, Grand Indonesia

• Premier Studio

The only thing that could improve would be the length of the shower hose. It was a bit short so I couldn't shower without water going all over the bath area. Could work better with a rain shower, for when a renovation is due! Wifi was a littl slow but sufficient for work purposes.

Facilities were excellent, was great having a washer/dryer in the studio, a fridge and a stove that all worked perfectly. Plates and pots were also available, making it great for a week long stay in Jakarta. Staff were also friendly and helpful, highly recommended.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

that spacious room and comfy pillows with soft comforters. easy excess to any other Malls. the bellmen and staffs were all so friendly. always a good choice for us to stay with family.

• Premier Studio

traffic jam in peek time. more than sn hour to get to the airport.

hotel is between three malls. All staff are friendly and helpfull and i would like to give special thanks to ABDUL MALEK, he is respectful and very helpful. the star employee of the year.

• Premier Studio

The only minus is that there is no bidet at the toilet. The toilet at master bedroom has bidet but static bidet, therefore it's not comfortable to clean.

Great location at CBD Jakarta. Friendly and helpful staff. Promptly responded to requests and enquirers. Very clean, ambient and great interior.

• Premier Two-Bedroom Apartment

the services were poor. It took more than one hour for them to send our towels, which they did not replaced when they cleaned the room. Similarly, on the check in day, the y did not send our luggage until we asked them.

the location.

• Premier Two-Bedroom Apartment

got to wait for the registration due to slow at the registration desk.(heavy flow of tourist) Perhaps you need to add a desk to attend to complaints instead of having the same desk to carry out all the functions.

the location and the convenience of travelling. I

• Premier Three-Bedroom Apartment

The staff and how they deal with the gusts unrepectable .they took the payment for two nights twice and they didn't bring it back until now .

Nothing especially the staff

• Premier Two-Bedroom Apartment

My debit card cannot used for payment and when i paid with cash, they give me the wrong amount of change. Everytime i request something to guest service, they didn't come up soon. Too long. Not so professional.

Clean and spacious room. In the center or the city.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

Would be better if bidet spray installed in the toilet.

The location of this property is perfect for me. Its close proximity with Grand Indonesia, Plaza Indonesia and Thamrin City is very convenient. I can go shopping spree anytime I want...by walking. Very spacious, clean and the the bed was comfortable. Ascot staffs also very courteous and friendly. My favorites accommodation whenever I visited Jakarta. Value for money. Totally recommended.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

All is good with the place.

Its located near to shopping areas. Walking distance to Thamrin city mall. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Breakfast menu and sitting places are very limited

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

The F&B area is too small and breakfast spread very limited. Front desk should be more organised, especially when handling large group of guest. Exterior building time for upgrade.

Perfect location, comfortable room, friendly staff.. fantastic for families. Good gym facilities.

• Premier Studio

There all visa machine not works, I had to go out again to pay them, I order extra bad they late for more than 1:30 hour I told them to wake up on 5:30 They called me on 5:40

I like everything in the room except the path

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

Room temperature in day 1 was not good. We cant adjust iy and it was hot in day 1. But in day 2 they fix it and was fine.

Location is excellent. Close to malls and shopping center where we want to go

• Premier Three-Bedroom Apartment

I asked for half un hour to stay in the room since the check out at 12 I just want 30 minutes more. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it instead I lost these minutes in the lobby.

It's located close to one of the biggest mall in jakarta.

No comments 😊 !

We liked our family-appartment (with hotel-service) very much because it was spacious, very clean and nice decorated ! Good location, right next to Grand Indonesia. Also free parking and great wifi !

• Premier Two-Bedroom Apartment

First time check in at toom 1503? Canceled due to bad smell from the bathroom). Changed the room to 903. Slept at nught and early morning smell something awful. My wife throwout due yo smell and we couldn't eat and stay in the main bedroom. Smell was from the bathroom. It's like staying by the open septic tank

Location is walking distance to grand indonesia

• Premier One-Bedroom Apartment

being no smoking room the restaurant needs to get an A+ chief ... the one they have now is just ok ,, but not wow

great location next to grand indonesia mall ... spacious apartment .. they supply everything you would ever need to stay for many nights ... clean and just great ..

• Premier Studio

I've requested late check out by booking and their website. However, they didn't refuse my request and when asked for it they said you have been signed on the agreement which showed the check out in 12pm!

• Premier Two-Bedroom Apartment

Breakfast was poor n the f&b dept must look into it to make it more variety according to hotel stndard n level

I.m booking two bedrooms suite and it is in superb condition where as the room was so big and the bed n pillow also very comfort.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not welcoming. Breakfast was a joke; very busy egg station and bad selections of food. Slow service. Staff especially guards keep giving you the "tip look" every time you pass next to them. Only one card was given for a family of 5 members.

Location next to Grand Mall. Spacious executive suite we got with separate entrance for helper.

• Premier Studio

During rush hour, traffic nearby can be very bad.

Large room with all facilities making Guest could stay months. Just opposite malls for good shopping. Staff and securities are very friendly and helpful. Top choice to stay in Jakarta center.

• Premier Studio

Breakfast needs some improvement. but staffs very helpfull.

Comfy room and facilities are nice. Ms Lisa at the front desk is very Helpful and accommodating. we will come back again.

• Premier Two-Bedroom Apartment

Breakfast is limited. Not really tasty too.

The room is huge, luxurious, clean, the kitchen full set. Perfect for family. The view from the room is perfect, we can see the fireworks shining tru our windows. Next to Grand Indonesia Mall, just a view walks. Awesome.

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

Room service menu was limited and average quality. The management could improve on this.

Spacious entrance with a nice decor. Easy check in. The 2 bedroom suite were big and clean. The settees and beds were very comfortable, TVs in every room. Extremely convenient to cross the road to the Grand Indonesia Mall. This is our second visit and will likely return in future.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

• Executive Two-Bedroom Apartment

lack of food variety in the hotel restaurant

Spacious and luxurious room, great location,The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful, will definitely come again for another visit

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

• Premier Studio

The relentless traffic jam! That's all I can think of.

I liked the close proximity to the malls! The interior design and mostly the friendly staff always very obliging and courteous.

Browse Ascott Jakarta traveller photo gallery