Reviews of Beji Ubud Resort 4 stars

Jl. Sangingan, Bali, 80571 Ubud, Indonesia

#119 of 235 hotels in Ubud

WIFI connection was very bad. My room telephone was not working and I informed on 1st night but Hotel couldn't fix it until I checked out because the technician is not around due to public holiday. So I can't call my friend's room and room service. The furnitures and bathroom facility are not up to my expectation with the price and as 4 star hotel. Their spa room as great view but they don't have in-house spa therapist. So we have to book in advance and then Hotel staff will call the therapist from outside. My therapist was late. I choose the massage and bath. The therapist filled the bathtub with water when she started massage me. When I entered bathtub after massage the water was already cold and I turned on the water the water wasn't hot. I could not enjoy bath at all.

Great view! The resort is facing to Valley, very cozy and peaceful. We booked 2 different rooms. Deluxe Garden rooms has very big bed with 2 adult and 1 kid can sleep together. This room is located near to reception and restaurant. Deluxe Valley Double room faces to valley, so this room has great view but there are many staircases. Hotel staff will help you to carry your luggage but we need to climb up stairs whenever we go to restaurant or swimming pool. The air was really fresh and cool until we had to switch off air conditioner when we sleep.

• Deluxe Garden Room

The swimming pool is fantastic with the view and silence. The location is good and with a free shuttle bus to the palace. Food is good with reasonable price. It's just enjoyable enough just sitting in the terrace and listening to the birds and stream.

• Deluxe Garden Room

Breathtaking location in the middle of the jungle - incredible pools, great food, rooms are massive and is only a mile or so from Ubud centre. Great location as a base for visiting all the local tourist attractions (of which there are many)

• Deluxe Garden Room

We had a garden villa and it was a bit noisy because of the scooters. I think that valley villas are better. Also, the sheets had a strange smell.

Amazing pools, beautiful views, big bathroom and very spacious room. The entire resort is simply amazing and the staff is very friendly and polite. Good breakfast :) We were there in honeymoon and they were very nice preparing our room with flowers. They have shuttle to go to the centre of Ubud, very useful!

• Deluxe Garden Room

The staffs especially Yanik and Wayan whose very friendly, accommodating and very helpful in everything we need. I will highly recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Deluxe Garden Room

The pools were amazing! Beautiful scenery, very peaceful. The shuttles to the middle of Ubud were very convenient. Staff were very friendly, helpful and quick to answer emails. They arranged our middle of the night airport pickup. Would return.

• Deluxe Valley Double Room

Although being away from the main street was nice, it is a little too far to walk to get to restaurants and attractions. They do offer a free shuttle however and can arrange taxi easily.

Great spacious rooms with a great outlook, giving a tranquil feel. Staff and very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe Garden Room

Fantastic place to stay. Awesome views, 5 pools and the 3 infinity pools we swam in were magic. Everything was very clean, excellent breakfasts and the staff were helpful and friendly. Not too far from the central shopping centre and has free transport to and from there. Overall we thought it was excellent value for money.

• Deluxe Valley Double Room

Too many lights outside at night so hard to sleep. The kettle took forever to boil and the bed was too hard.

Lovely pools and leisure areas. Friendly staff.

• Lumbung Family

So so. More than 10 years history. Not easy use Grab around. Second floor noise. Lot of animals on wall in the night. Terrible.

Big and many swimming pools for options. Good picture place. Recanting a motor is easy.

• Lumbung Family

The house (2 rooms) we stayed needs to be renovated. Some improves needs to be done in order to keep the rooms at the same level of the outside part of the hotel.

The garden and pools are awesome. Good Breakfast. Amazing landscape around the hotel.

• Deluxe Valley Double Room

Staff not very friendly compared to the other places we stayed. Balconies very basic and not very private.

Beautiful views and location. Pool were lovely. Very relaxing place.

• Deluxe Garden Room

This is an amazing and magical place. Stunning views, calm and beautiful nature around. Great pools and garden. The hotel is a little older but has a lot of uniqueness.

• Deluxe Garden Room

It could be a little more clean and renovated. We had a problem with hot water and the staff member wasn’t very helpful.

Beautiful infinite pool, good location and food.

• Deluxe Garden Room

There was no water cooler for guests to fill their drink bottles which was dissapointing for such a lovely resort that tries to be eco friendly with washing etc.

Lovely attentive staff, spacious room. Very comfy.

• Deluxe Valley Double Room

Restaurant food need improvement, dont match the Type of Hotel. All 5 pools are in the sun during the morning, but in the afternoon there are no places to catch some sun.

Incredible pool view to forest. Room and bed very confortable.

• Deluxe Garden Room

Great value for money.Got a good deal fromm booking.com thanks for that and location u can't say no to. Good and well mannered staff they arrange all activities and pick up drop for u.

• Deluxe Valley Double Room

The hotel really needs a renovation. Ordered food to the room, found empty plates standing next morning.

The only good thing is that I stayed there just for one night

• Lumbung Family

Sharing bedroom with geckos. Rooms could be more comfy and designed and cleaned better. A little bit far for a walk from main attractions, but it's ok with taxi or shuttle.

The facilities were cool. 5 pools around the resort, in the middle of the jungle with amazing views to enjoy. Good breakfast, nice stuff. Thank you

• Lumbung Family

We stayed in lumburg villa was a lot of traffic noise , and very early wake ups with noisy birds the thatched roof giving no soundproofing was not a big problem as stayed only 2 nights might get abit tiring if stay longer but overall loved the place

This was the highlight of our visit to Bali beautiful surroundings breathtaking views so peaceful and relaxing loved it

• Lumbung Family

Nothing....except maybe the insects...(of course bearing in mind where you are you just need to take sprays and plug ins!)

The location was amazing and the staff couldn't do enough for you.

• Deluxe Valley Double Room

Room is a bit old but that's not a very big deal to us.

Wonderful staff. Breath taking valley pool and view. Very spacious and comfortable room. Also has the best massage I have ever had. Totally recommend the tension relief therapy!

• Deluxe Garden Room

The staff helpful but when i left the resort they can’t call me a taxi and told me i have to go to street and call by myself. :)))))

Lovely pools and very large gảrden. The food in the restaurant is very good!

• Deluxe Garden Room

Very welcoming, staff helpful. Always someone maintaining grounds and swimming pool. Restaurants within walking distance and free shuttle to Ubud itself.

• Lumbung Family

The breakfast was a bit poor compared to other places we stayed in Bali - cold sausages, sparse fruit selection unless you got in there quick. Better to get up and go eat in Ubud centre where you're spoiled for choice. The roadside noise in our room at the top was seriously loud - bring ear plugs. It's because of the thatched roofs - downstairs where the kids slept was fine.

Pools were great, view is amazing, lovely atmosphere, wonderful massage. Great restaurants (cheap and not so cheap), boutiques and galleries within walking distance. Convenient shuttle down to the centre and back four times a day.

• Deluxe Garden Room Only

Shower pressure wasn’t the greatest or the warmest but a small issue compared to the many positives.

Very friendly staff, we were greeted on arrival with a refreshing drink after a very long flight and transfer. Within minutes of our arrival our bags were whisked off to our respective rooms while we completed the paperwork. A member of staff escorted us to our rooms and showed us all the details, functions etc. The room was enormous by European standards including a very large and comfortable bed. Bathroom was very big too and always kept clean. The location was absolutely breathtaking. We spent many hours at the bottom pool sipping beers overlooking the jungle. There are 3 pools to choose from conveniently located around the site. The on-site restaurant provides a good breakfast which cost 100,000 local rupiahs. The hotel organised our transfer to our next hotel at a reasonable rate and were always ready to help us with any additional information we might have needed. A few lovely restaurants close by which we enjoyed including a local BBQ joint which the locals frequented a lot- meaning that’s the place to eat (try the ribs!) Ubud town centre was a 20-30 min walk which wasn’t too bad if you had the energy. Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Deluxe Garden Room

The room was very dirty, very old school and kind of scary. It wasn’t clean at all and dusty. The floor all marble and the design was so old. It was not a cosy room and I hated sleeping in it. Dark high ceilings spider webs and even ants. I won’t be staying here again. The pool was nice but even that wasn’t clean. People only come here to get good Instagram photos of the pool. It’s not worth the money - or may be it is for some !

The infinity pool had a great view and that was the only plus of the hotel.

• Lumbung Family

Better water pressure and heat from the shower.

Serenity of the hotel - the surrounds were beautiful. Room was clean and comfortable and the staff were absolutely lovely to deal with. Great value for money and lots of space around the property to find that perfect quiet zone for yourself.

• Deluxe Valley Double Room

Wish they had an atm on-site. And signs. I got there at night and got lost. WiFi was not always good too.

Staff were on top of helping me find my lost card any way they could. Very excellent staff. They were always helpful and greated me with smiles.

• Deluxe Garden Room

Infinity pools is amazing, The rooms is very big and comfortable, the facilities is traditionally and beautiful, massage, meditation ... Only the breakfast was very poor - not like your star hotel

• Deluxe Garden Room

The hotel actively supports the local taxi cartels, which love to rip tourists off - their prices are often more than 5 times higher than an uber. Local taxi drivers are extremely lazy and prefer to spend their days sleeping in their cars with their smelly feet out and trying to rip tourists off, rather than working and charging reasonable fares. They threaten tourists and beat uber drivers. We had to go to smaller streets and hide in order to catch ubers and avoid conflicts. After a couple of days, it starts to get really annoying to do that and it's the perfect way to ruin an otherwise great vacation.

Quiet place with spectacular valley views.

• Deluxe Valley Double Room

The only not pleasant thing was that some family of bugs decided to nest on our ceiling, so one evening we were trying to get rid if them. But staff was very helpful!

Amazing staff! Very polite and friendly! We felt so welcomed! Nice location as well.

• Deluxe Valley Double Room

I didn't like the room, very simple and the location of the room made it a bit of a trek. No phone signal or wifi in the room either, have to stand outside to make or receive a text.

The pool is excellent, the restaurant serves delicious food too

No complaints

Amazing pool areas, lush green gardens and view of valley. On site massage area beautiful and massage good. Staff had excellent English and very accommodating. Very Instagram worthy. Room very spacious very clean, very comfortable, very White. Shuttle to centre of ubud appreciated

• Deluxe Garden Room

The bathroom was horrible it wasn't even sanitised it actually smelled bad. The room wasn't cleaned properly I ended up finding a cockroach near my bag and my wife got paranoyed so unpacked and packed again to avoid anything in our luggage. I would not stay here again.

The hotel gardens and restaurant.

• Deluxe Valley Double Room

This is the worst place in Bali I've ever seen!!! Never book this hotel! Yes, they have infinity pool, but you will not enjoy it and you will not relax there! I was shocked when i looked at this pool and hotel area closely- everything was dirty, broken (look at the pictures). The lighting out of order but staff do not care! I have seen big snakes close to the room and sweeming pool, but staff do not care! The main problem of this property- Managment! I have tryed to talk to General Manager every day, but all these days he was outside! I have tried to talk wit duty manager, but there was no manager on duty! No one take care about anything!! Dirty area, dirty rooms, broken lighting in all property. Reception tryed to cheat me- they offered another type of room, and tryed to prove me that this is the same type! (i booked the room wit the balcony- the gave me without balcony on the same price). So.. if you need only infinity pool to take a picture- thats your choice, but if you are looking for a nice property to enjoy your rest- never book it!

• Deluxe Valley Double Room

You should travel by car to Ubud center, though there is free hotel shuttle with a certain schedule. I had trouble with the hot water but they quickly fixed it. They should learn how to cook pizza (my was like a cracker) and some other European meals. Adding parasols to the pool's beds would be lifesaving.

Great views from swimming pool and valley rooms. There are several swimming pools. Interesting hotel layout and design. Reasonable prices at the restaurant. In general pretty nice and relaxing place.

• Honeymooner Valley Package

The dinner that was part of the package could give more choice of options. Other than that everything was spot on.

We really enjoyed our stay at Beji resort. Setting is amazing, facing the jungle, it is very green and spacious space, pool are amazing especially the infinity pool. Massage we got as a part of the package was really great, we also enjoyed free breakfast and food at the restaurant. The resort is not in the central Ubud, which in my opinion is an advantage as it is really nice to relax after busy day. However, resort offers free transfer to Ubud and walking its max 30 minutes. I would definitely recommend the place and wouldn't mind to come back myself. Also, we stayed in 2 different rooms, both very clean. Staff is extremely nice.

• Lumbung Family

My room is located around the road. Every morning I can hear motobike sound.

Bed is comfortable, and swimming pool has good view. Good breakfast. I lost my wallet and staffs are all very kind and supporting to get back it. I will never forget their help.

Nothing at all.

The valley pool was absolutely stunning, just as you see it in the pictures and even better. Breakfast location was great and there were good options for food. Quiet place, for all travelers looking for relax this is the ideal place; also is very well located If you want to reach the center, rice fields and other attractions.

• Lumbung Family

The family room was outdated and very very noisy from the road up in the top master bedroom. Decor needs updating and hot water was a big issue.

Loved the location, magnificent pools and surroundings. A little out of town if you want to go out for dinner though

• Lumbung Family

Breakfast is not good, smell of the bed from the second floor of our cottage is not nice.

The infinity pool is nice and the view on our hotel, staff are good and friendly. Best thing it is near in NURIS restaurant original & best ever spare ribs in UBUD.

• Lumbung Family

The shower facilities were average with low pressure. The rooms smelt a bit funny. Breakfast was very minimal with pretty average food. Accomodation overall was a bit pricey for what we got.

The outdoor area was very nice. Pools were very good with amazing views you wouldn’t get anywhere else.

• Lumbung Family

Our rooms were at the back of the property and there was a lot of traffic noise. The villas at the front would not have that issue and were in stunning locations. The rooms were adequate but some maintenance is required - nothing major. The coffee kettle took an age to boil.

The hotel grounds and pools were exceptional, in a very beautiful location. The overall location is good with some excellent cafes etc within walking distance.

• Deluxe Garden Room

One problem we faced during our stay was the shortage of water in our villa. The water stop running several times. The hotel only fixes it after we reported two times. Hope this can pay attention too as everything else is perfect

The hotel is beyond our expectation. It is very nice and the view is amazing. We had a very good time and enjoy the place very much.

• Deluxe Garden Room

All pools are amazing especially infinity pool, very quiet you’ll only hear sounds of nature, a bit off ubud centre which I enjoyed as it’s more calm and very relaxing, all the setting is really mind blowing and pictures don’t do justice. Rooms very spacious and clean good restaurant

• Deluxe Garden Room Only

Nothing really. If I am being picky, the towels smelt like smoke which wasn't very nice. I did yoga one morning which was a nice start to the day and the lady was very nice. It was however just a mix of moves and no actual routine or flow which could have been more relaxing. Also bot sure how much value for.money it was for 21 dollars. But not many people do it so there was only two of us.

Infinity pools were amazing. Great views and very peaceful. At times felt like your own private pool as it was not too busy. A very peaceful and relaxing place. Lots of places to just sit and chill. Rooms were very spacious and nicely decorated. Bathroom was same again. Breakfast was a buffet and there was quite a variety.

• Honeymooner Valley Package

The rooms need a bit more work. Compared to the facilities the rooms look old. Bathroom also is old. (But everything clean :)) It's also a bit far from the center so you depend of the shuttle or taxi to move around.

The facilities are just amazing! There are different pools but definitely the infinity pool is the best. You're surrounded by nature and has stunning views. Staff are very nice and helpful.

• Deluxe Valley Double Room

The jacuzzi bath didn’t work. Kept getting lizards in the room but got used to them.

Great location, close to town and easy pick up location for daily activities. Beautiful room, ours was massive! Bathroom was huge! Lovely staff and a great view from the balcony with a nice pool! Would recommend and stay again! Thank you

• Lumbung Family

As soon as we entered our Lumburg family villa, we felt a strong DDT-like smell. Surprisingly the staff couldn't feel any smell. They gave us air freshener, but that disquieting, annoying odour was always there. We had all kind of insects in the room - lizard, spider, cockroaches. There were spider webs in bathroom. The beds and other furniture were quite dated. Whole property needs some serious maintenance and cleaning. To make it worse, the Villa is near a busy road, with lot of vehicle noise all night. I wouldn't recommend this unless you like company of cockroaches and a sofa made of railway slippers is your fancy.

Stunning views, lush green surrounding, infinity pool

• Deluxe Valley Room Only

The room was clean in a way that you can clean a room that’s badly kept. There was some sort of worm living under the toilet and horrible smell coming out of it, and everything seemed very dated, highly used and dirty. So many mosqitoes in the room, but no net to sleep under. I’m sure the staff does the best they can with the resources they have, but the place needs serious investment, room was quite horrific, eventhough i understand that it’s located in the jungle. Wifi was crowded. And there was very visible bedbugs so beware. Great place for adventurers with a budget!

The surroundings, yard and the pools were the best thing ever! Amazing jungle experience. Overpriced though when thinking about the condition of the room. Food was expensive but very tasty and good.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Honeymooner Valley Package

This hotel was truly like no other we have stayed in before. My Boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights as we began our trip in Bali. The staff are just adorable and so so kind and sweet. The pools are incredible and even better than the photos. Room service is great, and the staff even called us one morning to see if we were going to have breakfast, instead they brought it to the room for us. There is a free shuttle that goes to and from the centre of Ubud. The hotel is perfect location. 5 minute drive out of the centre and so peaceful. We had the honeymoon package which we highly recommend. The massage literally put me to sleep and the dinner was so beautiful. We would 100% stay here again. It was just like heaven truly.

• Deluxe Garden Room

Hotels public yogaclass was only one time per week, and that was disappointed because that was one of the reason why we choose this Hotel.

Beautiful Hotel area, relaxed feeling.

• Deluxe Garden Room Only

They need to increase their restaurant menu options. We would have loved to dine there but options were limited. Please carry an adapter as the Indian chargers dont fit their plugpoints

Excellent property, well designed luxury resort at an affordable price. Helpful staff that accommodates all requests.One of the most photogenic resorts I have been to. Close to the market area if you take the complimentary shuttle.

• Deluxe Garden Room Only

The furniture in our room was very old and not well cleaned. The fridge did a noisy sound 24/7. We did not feel comfortable in our room and the pool was quite dirty, maybe because of low season? Some of the staff were sleepy and did not understand English fluently.

Amazing view!!

• Honeymooner Valley Package

The bathroom in the valley view room is not nice. Very dark and nowhere to put toiletries. Needs an upgrade or at the very least some decent lighting

Pools and grounds were stunning!!

• Lumbung Family

We were not allowed to have dinner in the restaurant on the first night due to a large group being at the hotel (they never ended up in the restaurant anyway) so we had to eat our dinner outside by the pool. It wasn't pleasant at all as we were eating our meals with bugs everywhere, including on us, in our meals and in our drinks. I slipped on the stairs down to the bottom pool on arrival with my 3 year old son in the arms. We both had cuts and bruises. It could have been a lot more serious.

Pools were very nice and the staff were very friendly. I likes the fact that we had easy access to a driver to pick us up from the centre and other places

• Lumbung Family

The shower pressure was quite soft, and there were quite a few bugs in the breakfast buffet on our first morning there but happy to find that the rest of our breakfast buffets didn’t have bugs.

My friends and I loved our stay at this resort. The pools and view of the jungle were definitely our favourite part. The staff was also very friendly and accommodating. It was my birthday while we stayed there, and the staff went above and beyond to surprise me and make me feel extra special.

• Lumbung Family

There is a limit on the hot water which meant in a group of 4 only one person managed to have a hot shower.

Beautiful pools and surroundings. Nice bungalow and good breakfast options.

• Deluxe Valley Double Room

The WI FI is virtually non existent so if you need it I suggest when you book ask for a room that is located in a part of the hotel it’s strongest Parts of the hotel have steep steps so if you have mobility issues make sure you make them aware

The staff are excellent and the room service is the fastest I’ve ever had in any hotel

• Lumbung Family

Cocktails were horrible. Had a drum going all night and could here traffic. Shower was pretty poor in terms of pressure and temp.

Awesome pools, massive villa which was very authentic, great outdoor scenary. All round excellent experience.

• Honeymooner Valley Package

A little Noise when trying to get massage and taking yoga class but I can’t blame the hotel for others lack of respect

Great place to stay away from the centre but not to far to walk or get a cheap taxi in. Staff are very helpful and the hotel is well priced for the standard of service

• Honeymooner Valley Package

Was sad about dirty bathroom and closet. Looks like it was not been cleaned for such a long time 🙁

All stay was good. Good swimming pool which surrounded with jungle. Relaxing atmosphere which I enjoyed the most. Good food and really helpful stuff. We had a romantic dinner which was included in price of our stay. Everything was well done 🙂👍 for sure would come there again.

• Lumbung Family

The water in the shower was either boiling hot either super cold , there was no inbetween , and sometimes it would just stop in the middle of the shower.

Everything is amazing , the pool , everything is surrounded by nature , everything is decorated really nice , the housekeeping staff are extremely polite .

• Deluxe Garden Room

Maybe what i didnt like was that the pool was too cold and the area was too dark for a night swim but other than that the place was beautiful.

We stayed here as part of our honeymoon trip. Perfect place to relax and the staff was nice and very helpful. :)

• Honeymooner Valley Package

We had a very bad smell in our room. The room had a very old furniture and a shower. We had in our room a lot of ants (in the bed too).

The first advantage of Beji Ubud are the infinity pools which are big and amazing. There is beautiful view at jungle. Breakfast was okay, you could eat some eggs, pankcakes or bacon.We had a honeymood packet so we had a nice dinner with flowers and candles and a massage. Beji Ubud is located near some shops and the center of the city, but in the hotel is very quiet and calm. You could really have rest in beautiful surroundings. On the top of palms and trees you could see the little sweet animals. The room is ok, but not amazing. Our Room was spacious , we had a big shower and a TV. Bed was big and we had table with chairs outside. The people who work in Beji Ubud are very kind and helpful. If you need you could leave your lagguage for a couple of day and go to discover Bali. In the hotel is a free bus which drop you to the center of Ubud and take you back to the hotel. If you need, the hotel could arrange your trip to batur, some waterfalls or the othera attracions in Bali (of course it’s extra paid). The hotel have a spa, so you could have some relaxing massage and have a rest. The employees speak english very good.

• Superior Family Room

The food was fine but the options could be improved, especially for specific dietary requirements

Absolutely beautiful places to stay. The rooms were lovely, the views were stunning and swimming pools were great. Lovely place to relax and great base to visit Ubud

• Deluxe Garden Room

The bed wasn’t comfortable. There were little reptiles around and also inside our room. Room doesn’t seem clean, especially the curtains. There was a smell in the room. Breakfast wasn’t satifying.

Infinity pool was nice.

• Superior Family Room

The free breakfast was buffet style with many choices and delicious. The food of the menu more or less mediocre.

5 pools, beautifil surroundings, friendly staff. Lots of small restaurants in walking distance

• Honeymooner Valley Package

The food was of poor quality. We had a dinner booked with our package and neither my partner nor myself could eat much of it because it did not taste appetising. We booked a honeymoon package and I was a little let down with the room and the fact that we had to share a balcony with another couple.

• Deluxe Garden Room Only

the breakfast was poor. The room had damp in and was extremely tired, their were loads of ants in the bathrooms. You can get much better accommodation elsewhere in Ubud for a similar price.

Beji Ubud Resort is in a great location overlooking the rainforest - it is easy to get into central ubud and they run a shuttle regularly. the staff are friendly and helpful.

• Lumbung Family

Food in the restaurant wasn't brilliant so you wouldn't be able to just stay eating in the hotel all the time.

Beautiful setting (although be aware it is not walkable distance from central Ubud - but they do run shuttles and there are quite a few restaurants nearby.) The 5 pools are all delicious and the room was comfy although a little soul-less. Lovely spa treatments with a view over a rainforested valley!

• Deluxe Garden Room

The food in the restaurant in the evening was not so good. I had a satay prawn that was a little old and upset my tummy.

Beautiful gardens and very nice large rooms.

• Deluxe Garden Room

Price could be a bit cheaper.

We liked that there are 5 swimming pools, and we could try all of them. Spettially we liked the swimming pool which comes with the wiew to the jungle. We could enjoy swimming and see the nature. We liked that there is a free shuttle to the city centre. Because by walking its a bit far. So its good that hotel offers free shuttle facitity.

• Honeymooner Valley Package

The bath didn't work properly (no bubbles).

The honeymoon suite was amazing. Really enjoyed the bath. Room was beautifully decorated, the balcony was huge. Enjoyed the variety of pools, there were at least 5 different pools. Amazing view. The staff was very helpful.

Browse Beji Ubud Resort traveller photo gallery