Reviews of Green Garden Hotel 2 stars

Jl. Kartika Plaza no.9, Tuban, Kuta, Bali, 80361 Kuta, Indonesia

#14 of 244 hotels in Kuta

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Toilet roll holder on the wall too far back , had to twist too far to reach comfortably ! Had to leave toilet roll on the hand basin/ vanity cabinet .

Apart from the toilet roll holder , the hotel was fantastic ! Very clean & the staff are awesome !

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Can’t fault this place for the price

This place rocks for bang for buck. It’s affiliated with febris just across the road. Both establishments have great Spa massage but the febris food is on another level. Both these hotels have friendly staff and great value for money

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Beautiful place with lovely little balcony overlooking a very lush green swimming pool area. Very peaceful even though it’s in the centre. Staff are very helpful and friendly, and it has got to be the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept on!!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Arrived to discover my wife and I had been given 2 single beds, not a double. Perhaps, confirmation on the configuration prior to arriving would have been better.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

That is was so close to the road! Not as relaxing in the pool I had a horrible massage we one staff in particular that at the time I couldn’t speak up and say anything

Hotel was very clean and the staff were all lovely

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wasn't as nice as looks in pictures, Room felt like could do with a freshen up and the water was a bit brown and cloudy but can't really complain when in bali!

The staff were very nice

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Had a misunderstanding with our tour guide who was booked through hotel who decided to take us to a dinner place without us asking. Cost us an hour when we were on a time crunch. Very strange..

Good location, great pool, friendly staff

• Standard Double or Twin Room

We stayed at Green Garden Hotel for 3 nights. The hotel is within 7 min walk of the beach and the shopping mall is 3 min walk. There are numerous eateries in the vicinity as well as the hotel’s own restaurant. The rooms have been refurbished and were very clean. Their buffet breakfast spread was absolutely great with a separate station for waffles, eggs and pancakes. The pool was very good size and we also used the pool at Febri’s hotel (sister hotel) which was larger. Both my husband and I had spa treatment in the hotel which was fantastic - I had Lomi Lomi massage by Ayu. We also had dinner at their sister hotel Sulis and had some amazing sunset views whilst having dinner. Overall such a lovely relaxing time in Kuta and we would certainly like to come back and stay here again.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Loud music gets played till 10/10:30 so horrible. asked staff to turn down they said they would change our room and they didn’t. Breakfast was disappointing never enough food had to wait for more to be cooked.

Room was clean everyday and nice pool.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There was construction happening which started around 8am every morning waking some occupants up and was unrelaxing during spa treatments.

The beds were super comfy and the wait staff were more than accommodating to us.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Couldn't make Cocktails ordered as they ran out of a lot of required ingredients that was very disappointing and they didn't order any more in for the two weeks we were there.

Most of the hotel

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The TV reception can be a bit dodgy at times (scratchy) but its watchable and we don't even bother to request readjustment as its too minor an issue

For the class of hotel, it has excellent levels of overall service and a very consistent output for cleanliness and property maintenance

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast includes just about anything, even a custom made omelet. Very friendly staff. We have stayed here about 10 times. Nice pool, a talking bird and a fish pond. Plus exterior walls covered with beautiful flowers and vines

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No gym Spa options a bit pricey compared to others closeby

Nice breakfast Great, big and comfortable rooms Pool was very inviting and nice Spa services on sight Very friendly staff Good bed and bed linen Great location

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The location wasn’t great a little walk to were we liked to spend our time. Found a lot of locals hang around this area trying to sell you things. The room was great. Breakfast was average didn’t have a huge variety but enough. Great value for money this hotel and staff were friendly

nothing to fault.

Everything was just spot on; so relaxing and comfortable. The staff are excellent. This was our sixth stay at Green Garden; we've recommended it to lots of friends who have been as impressed as we are.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

A bit noisy. We were in a very loud room right near the street which thankfully got changed. The live entertainment goes until 10pm which can get annoying.

Great location, excellent staff and very comfy beds. Nice breakfast.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I think the bathrooms need a renovation and the room we had need the shower/bath drains cleared. It took some time for the water to drain out (wasn't very nice)

The location of this hotel is perfect. Staff were friendly and very helpful. The pool was the perfect temp at the time of year we travelled.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I didn't like leaving and having to go back home.

This was the first time that we stayed at the Green Gardens. We come to Bali often ( 3 times this year) and always come to the Green Gardens for meals and massages.Staff were very friendly as always. Service was excellent and food is always ways very good. Our room was very clean with and well laid out. The size of the fridge was excellent, other hotels that we have stayed at only have small fridges that will not hold much. A full size fridge was a welcome change. Location is perfect for the Kuta area with easy access to many restaurants and shops and access to the beach. We think the massages at the Green Gardens are the best in Bali. Special thanks to Pus Pita and the girls who my wife and I have known for the past 3 years. We are planning to come to Bali at least two times in 2018. Keep up the good work. We and our friends will be back soon.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

As far as I'm concerned,there is only a small smell from the bathroom that bothered me a little and I don't quite like the linen and doona they use.I mean they put the blanket in the middle of two sheets and I felt uncomfortable with that.I like a whole one.

The staff are very kind and helpful.They gave me a glass of fruits when I was waiting to check in.The pool is just in front of my door and looks nice.I didn't get the chance to eat the breakfast there but I think it would be lovely.There are many restaurants around and shopping centers.If you are just transferring and staying a short time,I would recommend this place

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I found pee stain on the rim of the toilet, and dirty marks in the tub. I had wanted to take a bubble bath, but this ruined it. Also, the culture might be safe, but the structure of the hotel worries me about security of the guests since there is really no door. And the receptionist seems very relaxed in screening people.

The bed is very comfortable. It was the first time ever that I over slept not hearing my alarm. I also like the breakfast full of variety items. The quantity of each item is very small. This makes it look unattractive. But in fact, this means food is being turned over frequently.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No hot water to WHB in room. There was a waffle and egg bar at breakfast but this did not operate the whole extent of breakfast ... normally starting between 7 and 8 am. There is no lift / elevator so if you can't make the stairs, you should look for a ground floor room.

The bed was very comfortable. The balcony was peaceful and private with the sound of water in the background. The AC worked well. The breakfast was good. WiFi worked well. The room had a fridge and kettle. There was a free shuttle to the airport terminal.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

There is nothing I didnt like about this hotel

Excellent hotel, convenient location for shopping, restaurants and beach. Staff are friendly , lovely breakfast , good wifi and beds are amongst the most comfortable I have slept on in Bali.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

WiFi was not good. Very unstable and weak. It wasn't at all clean. There were stains (looked a bit like fungus) in the bathtub.

Close to the airport. Good for early flights and still be somewhat central.

Little run down, tired.

The staff were the most helpful and friendly that I have ever experienced. The hotel is a little run down but the service made up for that.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The floor tiles around pool area and to spa were xtremely slippery and dangerous!! Maybe a few more rubber mats to walk along????

Everything was almost perfect thankyou will return next year😁

• Standard Double or Twin Room

They didnt reply to my email asking for airport pickup. When i arrived reception wasn't open so security showed me to my room,they didn't speak much English to explain how to use the safe, however they tried... but i had to wait until the morning to ask cleaning staff. I felt there was a lack of trust, the first thing I was asked in the morning was for payment, even though they had my credit card details and had taken a deposit, and when I was leaving they made me wait while they " checked my room " -i get it some people are dishonest but I felt like they assumed I was. No soy milk or alternative milk for my dietary requirements, so no coffee however there was a nice selection of tropical fruit for breakfast. I travelled alone so was abit sceptical about catching a taxi, asked for a transfer to seminyak and they wouldn't give me one, anxiously asked what taxi services are safe to use and they said " the blue one" just over all, some of the reception staff didn't have that friendly feel that every other Bali hotel has had (that I have stayed in.) It is quiet, not much happening there, was good value for money and cleaning was to a good standard. Wi-Fi can be confusing to log into, I assumed it didn't work until I asked the day before I left and got it sorted. Pretty clean, most staff were friendly. I wouldn't stay again, but the room was nice, bed was soft enough and room had a balcany, free airport transfer when I left don't think it is ideal for someone travelling alone but family's yes.

The massages were nice Nice fruit for Breakfast

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing to add . We had a group of annoying guests but that wasn't the hotels fault.

I liked everything ! This location was absolutely fantastic ! The staff is beyond friendly and even helped my friend to set up a surprise for Ne prior arrival . I loved the food here . Real fast lunch and dinner is freshly made and the menu offers something for everyone. The pool was great with a little fishpond near by the spa overlooked the garden and pool area . We literally made use of the whole spa menu . Of course it's a bit extra and you always can get cheaper near by but here you are made more comfortable and have a nicer atmosphere. The rooms are spread out of 3 levels . Stay in 3 if you don't have lots or heavy luggage and don't mind to take the stairs and request the ground floor or first floor if you travel with kids. The rooms have been cleaned to its best standard every day with new towel art set up on bed . For my birthday the hotel set up extra nice art and flowers plus a card . Also every staff member came along to congratulate . He room had very comfy beds, space , we ordered a cot , the curtains made the room quite dark, kettle , safe and fridge . In the bathroom shampo etc was supplied .

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The restaurant's food was very good but in the evenings we always moved to different restaurants as the nightly singer didn't quite hit our taste.

Amazingly friendly and helpful staff! Clean rooms comfy beds, great breakfast menu & one of the best Spa's we've been to! I'd come again, thanks a lot for the great time!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the room next door was being renovated and the strong smell of fresh paint wafted through our aircon one day and night. not pleasant a all and we had to sleep with the windows open so as not to get nauseous.

breakfast. fast response to needs. friendly staff.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Internet service was a bit spotty - especially in the room. Was ok in the restaurant.

The staff were fantastic - helpful, courteous and kind. All round excellent experience. We felt we were part of a family.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

our room was humid and a bit smell if we didn't turn on the aircon.

The staff were friendly, nice bed and comfortable. Was nice breakfast with lot of variety of food and beverage. walking distance to all famous places in kuta. Kuta was too crowded for us but this hotel make it better.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The fans in the dining area were dirty and rusty, so we were concerned about where these particles would land when the fans are switched on, especially with all the food around. The WIFI was particularly weak in the room. No toiletries provided, so guests must prepare their own. The kettle in my room was not only rusty, it even had a spider who has made a comfortable residence for itself within! A rare misstep I would say, as apart from that my room was indeed clean. However, negligence is still negligence, and staff should make sure to check every equipment regardless of their assumed frequency of use by guests.

Location wise, you certainly can't go wrong by lodging here! The hotel is only a few minutes' drive from Ngurah Rai International Airport and, more importantly, is within walking distance of various activities offered that might tickle your fancy, including, but definitely not limited to, Waterbom Bali (I highly recommend this), Discovery Mall, Kuta Beach and Hard Rock Cafe. I understand that there are many other hotels available in the area, but Green Garden's biggest upside lies in its incredible VALUE FOR MONEY! If you're simply looking for a place to stay the night, there aren't many others that will save the greens in your wallet while offering the comfort that Green Garden can. The staff were very friendly and welcoming; hospitality as you would expect, no less. The hotel compound itself is pretty small, but there's still a small pool surrounded by reclined bamboo chairs should you wish to take a dip and relax after a tiring day. The room I stayed in was adequate. The beds were comfortable and the air-con was strong. You won't have trouble having a good nights' rest here as you recharge for the day ahead

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not a 5 star but still very comfortable.Nothing to complain about really.

Always a favourite with us as Green Garden is so near everything in Kuta and yet provided a quiet haven if needed.Great pool to cool off in.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Although they have made some improvements with making some tables non-smoking in the restaurant, they are still in the same area. As a non-smoker I hate sitting next to rude smokers while trying to enjoy my delicious nasi-goreng. Weather permitting I believe the smokers should be seated at the front area closest to the road.

The Bed was super comfortable. The whole facility is spotlessly clean. The staff are the friendliest bunch of peeps in Kuta. The room staff leave the cutest towel made animals each day , that always put a smile on my face. The Day Spa is gorgeous and relaxing. The food is delicious and the Bintangs are bloody cold. The air conditioner worked like an arctic dream. The room can be safely locked up and contains a safety deposit box for maximum peace of mind too.

I could not find one

Very friendly staff, very clean immaculate rooms, clean restaurant , swimming pool, very clean and tidy surrounding , peaceful feeling, top of the range for the price.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

1. There is no room service after 11 pm, even you will NOT get water bottle. 2. No lift

It was an awesome stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Just loved the stay.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Fans in restaurant, relax area should be on all day

Beautiful bed, great air con, amazing staff, friendliness factor 10, made me feel like family, spa staff were sensational. Will go back next time in Bali!!!

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was great . Not a thing we did not like

The beds very comfy the hotel clean and a great place to stay the staff very friendly and the food was great . Will stay again any time

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could be better. Bacon very oily and hard to chew. More variety needed. Ran out of food often so had to wait for more cooked food all the time.

Clean happy little hotel. BEST SPA SERVICE EVER.....

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The services offered were no less then compared to any 4 star hotel . The staff was very friendly and well mannered. Room service was maintained everyday . Location wise it was best as the shopping market , beach and restaurants were just walking distance from the hotel . Lippo mall and Discovery mall were just few mins away from the hotel. Me and my husband had an comfortable and romantic stay.

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Not a lot staff were attentive and friendly rooms and grounds were clean and well maintained

Breakfast was varied and adequate accommodation was clean and comfortable. Location was fine if you wanted near the airport and ashort 10min walk to kuta if you walk as slow as me

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very basic, minimal fruit and no pastries (only croissant's). There is an egg station and enough to satisfy most for a good start to the day if you really want breaky. We didn't bother and slept in most days, but I had a nice omelette and scrambled eggs on the 2 days I got up.

It was small and friendly, quiet and relaxing little hotel in the centre of everything. Easy access to airport, shops, plenty of restaurants close by. The rooms were very clean and good size, towels, beds and pillows excellent. The spa was excellent and pool was perfect temperature, very clean and best of all I requested pool side room and got one so my painful knee's were happy not climbing any stairs !!

• Standard Double or Twin Room

great stay need to request bottom floor. We were on 2nd bit of a drag to go up the stairs all the time. My only complaint everything else great almost perfect

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great hotel! Really friendly and chatty staff . Free buffet breakfast & shuttle bus to the airport included. The pool is big and very clean. The food and drinks in the restaurant are a great price and are very good. Location is perfect - 10 min walk from the beach and close to Discovery and Lippo shopping malls. The rooms are nice, clean and the most comfortable bed in Bali.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The Spa is amazing... The staff couldn't do anymore for you because its a small resort they get to know you and are always wanting to make your stay plesant

• Reviewed: 25 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

How does one improve on excellent ?

Breakfasts were the highlight of my day , all the meals I had were also top quality. I really enjoyed my stay and will return again and again.

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The breakfast varieties quickly ran low and replacements could have been a little quicker.

The staff were very attentive, friendly and most helpful. Good room with generous sized fridge. Other guests said the massages were very good on site too.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Always stay here on arriving and before leaving Bali, spend the most of my holiday in Candidasa. It's close to the airport, very handy to Lippomall and Discovery Shopping Centre. Staff are very friendly and welcoming- have known Rahayu at reception for 10 years. I like that it is a small hotel and not crowded.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Our room was a bit noisy as it was near the staff room, although we were notified there could be some noise. It wasn't unbearable!

Great location, friendly staff who ate happy to help with most requests, great pool area, breakfast was pretty good

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The area itself. Beach was not cleaned yet for the high season. Lots of plastic litter!

Walking distance from the airport (although quite dark streets), nice pool, good hotel for the short visit before heading to the more charming parts of Bali

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I had no issue in my five days there.

Clean tidy hotel - Good Rooms - Good Pool - everything you need onsite - Not Far from Water Bom park -Discovery Shopping Mall. Great Staff - Anything you need it was organised - Ask and you will receive.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Noisy aussies next door during day also water hot is hooked up weong so thwy came to fix it merely by tyrning it opposite otherwise great

Proximiry to music at mall and airporr good food at reataurant that has one in Ubud excellent duck local type

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I find the staff happy & always ready to help. Location very good. Breakfast great & always find some one to talk to around the pool . Great place to stay.also rooms have a safe.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi intermittent but I think this is Bali all over! Tea and coffee service for breakfast would be nicer than the coffee machine.

Spotlessly clean, big comfortable bed, hot water, nice bath, cold aircon, big fridge, safe in room, cool sparkling pool, great massages and spa, excellent meals ( western and Indonesian), movie channels, free wifi, cheap and efficient laundry service, casual bar and restaurant with cabaret singer at night, beautiful young cheerful staff who made me feel safe, valued and glad to have found such a great hotel. Nice walk to beach and close to shopping. Seriously, what more could you want? Perfect for older travellers on a budget.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Music could have finished a little earlier.

Breakfast was really good. Location is central but out of the Kuta hustle and bustle. Handy to the airport and transfer was included in room price.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Small hotel but really clean staff awesome spa massages were fantastic value for money and sooooo relaxing. After a day or so staff knew you by name and room number. Food delicious. So close to Waterbom Park and Centro only a 5 to 6 min walk and beach 2 min walk. Lots of markets Atms and Money changers and Restaurants.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi weak in rooms had to go outside the room

0nly short stopover before we flew home. Lovely small hotel nice pool clean rooms close to good shopping. Food good. Great day spa attached. Even got free 5 minute massage while waiting for our meals

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No elevators. Unable to reach the hotel phone prior to my arrival. Not sure if their phone number works.

The third floor balcony over looking the pool and greenery was probably the best you could get in the area. Included breakfast had fruits, coffee, a few warm dishes. Excellent location close to night life and walking distance to the malls. Wifi in room. Free water. Free drop off to the airport. Taxi from airport to hotel costs 100,000

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Dirty towel, no in -room wifi, no airport pickup

Near town center, relaxing pool, excellent breakfast, late airport transport available, next to reliable money changer

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms on the ground floor are very noisy, as the window and the door is on the passage where all other visitors must walk to get to there rooms, and the staff in the early morning. The pool has a very noisy fountain that is switched off automatically at 22.30 (luckily). moreover another fountain must work all nights for fish health(please find another way to deliver oxygen to the fish). the hotel restaurant is opened to everyone,so you will enjoy live music till 22.00. Luckly we had the room changed and the noice situation was sligthly improved. The cleaness is not perfect (previous visitors hairs in all room). Sheets and towels had previous visitors brown signs.Please add the energy sockets near the beds as I needed to charge the cellular in other part of the room. We found ants colony in the bread basket during the first breakfast, so we chosed not to have breakfast there.

The room was spacious, bed confortable. The position was ok , considering the fact that we use it as base for traveling to uluwatu and tanah lot.The staff helped us with the issues we had , also changing the room. In case you want a quite place to rest , this is not properly what you are looking for.

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No lift!!! we were on the 3rd floor, to carry a baby, stroller, back packs and shopping up 2 flights of stairs was a great challenge, we asked if we could leave the stroller down stairs and they said no

Great staff, good breakfast, very clean

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

I'm a bit of a neat freak when it comes to bathrooms and I guess it could have been a bit better.

Good location in Kuta, quiet, big rooms, with tv, closet, sofa and gigantic bed. A small balcony (god news for smokers) overviewing the courtyard. Breakfast was alright, and staff very nice.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Very comfortable bed, great revamped bathroom and a delicious breakfast included in the very reasonable room rate. Special touch was the cute animals on the bed made out of the towels.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The staff are excellent and the hotel is handy to shopping, great places to eat and a short walk to the beach. The buffet breakfasts are always good and change daily. The omelettes are fantastic.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Good location and very close to the airport and the beach. The staff were extremely helpful and always with a smile. Can absolutely recommend this hotel and would stay here again on my return. Wifi good as well as the buffet breakfast. Had a complimentary return trip to the airport - loved it

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

the breakfast buffet was really nice and we loved the pancake/omlette stand. We also enjoyed having dinner at the hotel restaurant. The animal shaped towels in the room entertaint my duaghter...

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The pool was beautiful, however it didn't get much sun. The water was icy cold the whole week we were there. But it was beautifully kept and relaxing to lay around.

The staff were beyond amazing. Super friendly and caring. Nothing was too much for them. Breakfast was great, simple, yet great. Nice and quiet hotel still close to town.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

Great hotel in the perfect location. Very close to the airport and they offer a free transfer! 10 minute walk to the beach. Shopping on your doorstep. The breakfast was very good with everything and more on offer. Staff were very friendly and went the extra mile. The room was very nice and clean and the bed was comfortable. Nice pool area although very shaded. Would stay here again!!

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Standard Double or Twin Room

No children staying at the hotel :D (school holidays), Great location, lovely staff, great pool and spa, massages are amazing here. when I stay in Kuta it will be here.

Not a lot

Great stay

• Standard Double or Twin Room

The friendly staff and also the menu

Staff, cleanliness, overall excellent

Didn't have any complaints

Loved the friendly staff, clean rooms and lovely food.

Nothing great place

The staff were very friendly rooms were great and great location

Browse Green Garden Hotel traveller photo gallery