Reviews of Maya Ubud Resort & Spa 5 stars

Jl. Gunung Sari Peliatan, PO BOX 1001, Bali, 80571 Ubud, Indonesia

#43 of 235 hotels in Ubud

Heaven on earth !
    • Deluxe Pool Villa

We had an amazing holiday in Maya Ubud. This place is like a heaven and makes me wanna stay there forever. Every single thing was thought of. The rooms were spacious, clean & well designed. The choices of food, quality & the service was perfect. The views of the swimming pools are amazing. The morning yoga & other facilities were excellent indeed. The spa is superb and located in a great spot next to the sound of the river and waterfall. we had a wonderful & romantic treatment in the spa. Maya Ubud proved to be beyond what we expected.

Back again
    • Superior Garden Villa

Some places like the flooring around the river side pool needed repairs. Access to world cup football would have been nice.

The bungalow, grounds, facilities, staff are wonderful. Food is great as is focus on health and wellbeing.

Not too far from Ubud Centre, but away from the traffic...
    • Superior Garden Villa

Not too far from Ubud Centre, but away from the traffic & bustle - loved my stay at Maya. Fabulous facilities, especially the amazing pools and free yoga. My garden villa was spacious, immaculate & had everything I needed. Would definitely stay at Maya again.

The property hosts two magnificent pools, nice views of the...
    • Superior Garden Villa

Not enough in house activities for guests.

The property hosts two magnificent pools, nice views of the river and the rice fields. The rooms were comfortable and clean. They offer complimentary tea in the evening and shuttle service form the hotel to the Ubud main street.

Stunning place, not far from Ubud center
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Room was very simple compared to other hotels where we stayed in Ubud, nothing special. The shuttle times are very limited. The last one that goes to the center is only at 5 pm so if you want to go for dinner you will need to book a taxi with them (which is obviously overpriced). Also we wanted to take one in the morning, we arrived to the lobby right on time and it was gone already.

The place is amazing, it has 2 beautiful pools, nice views to the ricefields, excelent breakfast. They offer free tea with sweets every afternoon and a daily free activity as well. Restaurant is expensive but excellent.

It was lovely - no complaints whatsoever!
    • Superior Garden Villa

It was super dark at night - for a solo female traveller a little scary.

The resort and facilities were just stunning. If you want an escape away from the busyness of the city centre, this is a great choice. Secluded enough but not far either.

Maya Ubud disappoints more than it pleases
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It's cluttered and rooms can be much better. Had to change rooms multiple times before finding the right room. The rooms in buildings are better. Villas are avoidable and over-rated. Pools in villas need better maintenance. Size wise these pools are also very small and unappealing. Cuisine OK, nothing differentiating. Generally lackadaisical and unenthusiastic service levels. Become better only on complaining. The property does not live up to the marketing claims and defeats the sensibilities of a discerning guest. Minimal value for money.

Some views. Spa location and pool near the river.

A treat
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

When we had our massage we could feel the staff pressuring us slightly with the time. We had a 2h treatment so you want to take it in and enjoy especially because it's not cheap but instead it felt a little on the clock. But only slightly and didn't ruin the greatness of it all.

Breakfast is awesome. Hotel is BEAUTIFUL. We got a massage and it is incredible in every way. Rooms are comfortable and clean and with lots of extras to make your days there perfect.

Perfect. Great dining expericence with tradional food and dance. The best spa.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bathtub curtain and shower inside the bathtub

Majestic Place, awesome SPA ( riverfront) , the best SPA I'Ve been in Ubud, room very clean, the kekac dance at the restaurant at night is perfect, special treats for honeymooners were THE BEST ever : cake, flower bath , incense . Bags provided to go to the swimming pool, very caring staff . The best

I strongly recommend: A unique experience of wellness!
    • Deluxe Pool Villa

There are only two points of improvement: 1) It would be cool if the pool could open one hour earlier and close one hour later. 2) It would also be nice to have more organic food at breakfast and on the menu, and in general for the cleaning and pest of the hotel

Maya Ubud is really a great place where to stay when you are in Ubud. The individual villas with private pool are very nice though the pool is a little small, it’s more a place where you can relax while admiring the view. People are lovely, they take care of you. The SPA is a unique experience with real professionals. The outdoor pools are both really cool and large. One where you can swim in a sportive way, the other next to the SPA, where you can admire the scenery and enjoy the calm as children are not admitted in the SPA area.

Best hotel ever. Just book it, you won’t regret it.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The absence of fresh juices at breakfast surprised me a little bit.

Unbelievable experience. I’ve been in many luxury resorts, but Maya Ubud is an unforgettable experience. Very subtle but impeccable service (e.g. staff always brings you water to the sunbed and fresh towels), amazing complimentary services (afternoon tea is a delight, fantastic yoga lessons). The facilities are dreamlike, every angle is Instagram-worthy. Also spotless. The standard room has everything you need and a nice authentic bathtub. Probably would be a bit boring for family with kids, but for a young (26&28) couple - cannot be better. In hindsight we should have spent the whole vacation instead of going to the touristy & overcrowded Nusa Dua. Eating options - there is a very nice restaurant in the hotel and many alternative options in Ubud (20-25 Minute walk and regular shuttle buses). Do not hesitate, book!

Serenity

No negative comments.

Facilities, food, and staff were amazing. This venue is so peaceful and relaxing you’ll feel like you’ve been here longer than you think. The proximity to Ubud provides easy access to the spas, galleries, restaurants and entertainment venues. Our friends were married here and we could see why, a Beautiful resort would stay here again!

good staff and overall enjoyed our stay
    • Deluxe Pool Villa

walkway too dark and twisted my ankle on the last night, my fault for not using a flash light , too many stairs, but good for walking after meal. . Wifi too slow.

Its a big property, good nature walks and explore along the river, we stayed in a nice villa with pool , Ample privacy , love the outdoor bath with starry nights , Good spa with sound of gushing river - close to nature . BF and dinner good. Attentive staff.

12 out of 10 !!!
    • Deluxe Pool Villa

There is nothing not to like... this place is amazing - 12 out of 10 !!!

The whole place has been designed for relaxation and comfort... Beautiful property, amazing villas, sensational food... Just cant fault it...

Exclusive up scale hotel experience
    • Early Booker Hot Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

The best surrounding we have ever had within a hotel's premise. Nice river and pools. The free Yoga class is a plus. Will come back again some day!

It was absolutely gorgeous to stay in the Maya!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The gym, too hot inside for a proper workout.

It was absolutely gorgeous to stay in the Maya!!! For Indonesian standards, it’s pricey, but this resort is something special and worth every penny. The plot of the hotel is amazing, I really enjoyed my morning workout walking the ‘Nature Walk’-trail, many things to see, such as waterfalls and even animals. Our big comfortable room, 307, was amazing. In the morning we could see the volcano & a big area of trees from the 2 balconies. Very good and lots of variety breakfast. Lovely place to chill by the pool down at the river. Friendly staff everywhere made it pleasant. Doors to the big villa’s were at all times open, curious me couldn’t help to have a look into the Presidential villa, amazing!!

Gorgeous hotel with lush tropical surroundings
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I didn’t like packaged fruit juice for breakfast, It tasted like sweet syrup. For the price I was paying a night I would prefer all the juices to be 100% fresh, made in the kitchen. The bus finishes to early for going to Ubud and back. I didn’t like dealing with taxis who wanted to charge me a LOT of money as they know how expensive Maya is, I felt uncomfortable to be honest.

The pool by the river was beautiful and afternoon tea was enjoyable.

Our stay was for our honeymoon. It exceeded everything I could have ever dreamed of.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Probably the only thing I didn’t like was that the pools didn’t offer sunscreen. The heat was unbearably hot and the walk from the spa pool back to the hotel was uphill and about a mile away. I asked another patron there if I could use some of their’s to spare me the walk.

Our stay exceeded anything I could have hoped for. The staff was more than accommodating, the food was off the charts EXCELLENT! The breakfast array was unlike anything I’ve ever experienced. The spa was something out of a magazine that you could only dream of visiting. I travel a lot and stay at many different hotels, this was luxury at its finest!

A beautiful place in.ubud
    • Early Booker Hot Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

When you ask for a taxi they always,use their taxi which is much more expensieve....kind of monopolism taking advantage of the client.

A beautiful resort...amazing

Outstanding grounds and rooms with so so spa treatments.
    • Superior Garden Villa

The spa had less than average massage treatment with a very high price. The transportation provided was way over the market price.

The rooms and grounds are outstanding

Can’t wait til I come back
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The walk to the furtherest pool and spa was far.

The spa with the flower bath was divine. Staff was very accommodating and went above and beyond to make sure there wasn’t any down time.

Awesome hotel in the jungle!
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Breakfast should have more varieties. They don't have normal cheese. And omlett was usually undercooked.

Very nice and quiet area. Big hotel area, where they have 2 swimming pools. Right in the middle of jungle. Friendly stuff. We extended our stay twice :D Friendly stuff! We felt very warmly welcomed!

Spectacular... Will definitely come back!
    • Early Booker Hot Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

Lizards and insects are everywhere inside and outside the rooms that was very frustrating to those who are not familiar to such culture. And those who have phobia like myself. Got bitten while we were sleeping.

Everything was extraorinary.. fell in love with the resort, service, lovely staff, cleanliness and the great quality food.

Great, relaxing stay.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Bed was very comfortable. Swimming pool next to spa absolute highlight, so beautiful with the fast streaming river next to it, really magical. Spa services very good and delicious breakfast!!

Excellent and memorable stay on our 35th wedding anniversary.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Outdoor lighting within resort is very poor.

SPA on rivetside was a memorable awesome very unique experience . Not to be missed even though very expensive.

Our favourite spot
    • Best Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

Our second stay in Maya Ubud. We fall in love with this hotel first time and we plan to stay in Maya every time we visit Ubud. It is simply perfect, peaceful, green, stylish and enjoyable. For every recommendation.

Honeymoon stay
    • Deluxe Pool Villa

Nothing we even had a lizard living in our roof but he help keep all the mozis at bay

Excellent location resort right in the mix of Ubud made ecen better with a private villa with plunge pool . A great sense of feeling like your in your own little jungle. Resort and spa is 5 stars. Beautiful 1 bedroom with added suncken bath in the bath room along with a extra out door shower and excellent outside sitting area. Lovely to be in the mix of nautra and all its beauty Staff couldnt have been any better - i would recommend this hotel to everyone!

Only recommend to stay one night.
    • Early Booker Hot Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

1. male reception not good, can fight with you. my god 5star....kidding me?? 2. room is very humid! I even feel my blanket like just washed..... please remember to complain to reception then they will come to dry your room, but the second day if you forget to talk to them, you room will be humid again! 3. breakfast is good, but the buffet dinner is totally bullshit!! It charged me $66 for 2people. but the BBQ meat is bad and Ubud Festifal perform is like just wasteyour time!! I really dont like the staff style there like always want you to pay money for something undeserving. 4. worst thing is : we pay the hotel taxi for 7hours tour. as you know 5star hotel taxi service should be more expensive than the taxi on the street. but how can the driver send us to a coffee shop which will give the driver commission!! the taxi driver told me I can have lunch in the coffee shop and also can touch a cute animal like cat (name Luwa), that's why I agree to be there. But when I was there to be told no lunch only some coffee, animal not allow to touch. they even sell a 10g coffee as $33!!!! we are not fool to be cheated like this ok? Anyway if you like the hotel design, can spend one night to explore the pool and garden, totally not worth to spend more nights there! I paid 4 nights by $283 per night. But I feel bad about people there even don't want to go to Bali again.

actually some staff here are nice and helpful. pool and garden are awsome.

Fantastic grounds, staff and facilities
    • Best Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

Only drawbacks were Internet dropping out regularly. Music from the restaurant was loud each night, I’d suggest requesting a room further away from the restaurant

A sensational holiday that helped to put a stressful year behind us.
    • Superior Garden Villa

Well, we felt short changed in that on this visit our program only enabled us to stay 4 nights, the shortest of many visits. Although, even 4 days has the immersive effect of feeling like we had stayed at least 8 days.

The staff are so professional and extraordinarily well trained, the buildings and the 12 hectares of gardens are just amazing. The fantastic food in all venues and the service are sensational. Each morning I swam a kilometre in the infinity edge pool before breakfast, a great way to start the day.

the staff were great, they upgraded our room to a deluxe...

Nothing to complain

the staff were great, they upgraded our room to a deluxe pool villa and it was amazing. Luxury. Clean. Great food, very delicious breakfast. Love the bathroom. Beautiful location. Quite. Love everything about this hotel.

Expensive stay that should be been a better experience.
    • Best Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

Management of facility can be better. Requests slightly out of the ordinary not adressed.

Location good for a quiet relaxed stay. Well designed grounds.

Tranquil place a short drive from mainstreet Ubud
    • Best Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

Restaurant was mediocre for this level resort; food was a bit dated.

Maya Ubud is a beautiful, tranquil place, spanning a big very well-maintained area of gardens, pools, forestry and spa facilities. We loved the early morning yoga and the massages and infinity pools by the river. Staff is very attentive and you can book all our outside travel via the hotel at a small premium.

Completely relaxed chilled out time!

Nothing, it was perfect!

Fabulous stay and will definitely return! Staff were impeccable! Food was outstanding! The massage at three Spa was probably one of the best i’ve had. Highly recommend the Spa and the Maya massage

Bravo!
    • Best Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

I don't have anything to complain about.

It looks like palace in a mini world, surrounded by nature. It has everything that I expect in a 5-star hotel. Bravo!

Beautiful setting in the forest.
    • Best Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

Beautiful setting in the forest. Spa is amazing and the infitity pools will burn up your Instagram :) Yoga every morning and great spot to just sit back and relax.

One of the most beautiful experience of my life .
    • Superior Garden Villa

One of the most beautiful experience of my life . Highly recommended , From the lovely staff , to the perfect hotel room , to the almost heavenly pool , Everything was perfect . We will surely be coming back for me

A perfect place for rejuvenation...
    • Best Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

The location of Riverside Cafe, Pool and Spa.... just superb The Breakfast ..... couldn't be better.. The seafood soup .. the best I ever had till date

Beautiful hotel with great location in Ubud and high value vs other 5 star hotels
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The size of the hotel might impact the personalized service. The cost for laundry is a bit to high.

The hotel is beautiful and has a fantastic spa and pool next to the river. The breakfast has an extensive offer and if you decide to take dinner they have different shows and local dances. Our room was also excelentt and overall the hotel has good mantainance. The value for what you get is excellent compared to other 5 star hotels in Bali

Everything was supercool and good looking, clean, transport...
    • Deluxe Pool Villa

They are very welcome to kids but there are no where to play for them! They got babysitter but just as a person not like a place where I can leave my kid and she could play!

Everything was supercool and good looking, clean, transport to Ubud was nice choice, good breakfast, good prices for inroom service. Quite and relaxing place!

Beautiful Paradise in Ubud

no negatives

Incredibly beautiful resort with a vast amount of land surrounded by lush tropical forest. We loved everything about this resort from the amazing breakfast buffet to the gorgeous swimming pools.

Wonderful and very special staying.
    • Deluxe Pool Villa

Nothing except the price to be evaluated and reduced a bit.

Location and view is amazing and the staff is too cooperative and helpful. Very suitable for families and children, swimming pool is very wonderful and very special nature and the consistency of trees and flowers is indescribable and recommend it to my friends.

Incredibly relaxing in great surroundings.
    • Early Booker Hot Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

The whole resort is exactly as you would expect if not better, the thing that struck us was how quiet it was and how easy it was to relax. The hotel provide a very reasonable car service which we used to tour the area.

it was absolutely perfect.
    • Early Booker Hot Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

the restaurant was very expensive.

it was absolutely perfect. there were a lot of things to do in the hotel. we didn't want to leave the hotel to see around ubud :) yoga and meditation classes were perfect. staff were very friendly.

Disappointed...Traffic, rain...
    • Superior Garden Villa

Not recomend to go with children. Small pool for such a huge hotel even if it was always raining. Villas could be more luxury for the price we paid. Can t even see TV on bed. Even to practice a bit of golf we have to pay,,,doesn t make any sense since that s not even a hole!

Great Views! Great atmosphere. Restaurant overpriced but very nice! Great Breakfast!

Although we stayed there for 3 nights we were given a room...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Although we stayed there for 3 nights we were given a room nearest to the entrance road with no view and we cannot use the balcony because it was lack of privacy . If we decide to go back to this place we would request for room on the upper floor and with the view of the rice terraces .

The hotel grounds are gorgeous and meticulously kept.
    • Early Booker Hot Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

The hotel grounds are gorgeous and meticulously kept. Shuttles run to town every hour from late morning until 5 pm. The staff is not only helpful but so lovely. We highly recommend this hotel. It was a splurge for us but one well worth making.

Embedded into nature.
    • Superior Garden Villa

Restaurant atmosphere could have been better: too much and loud entertainment.

Embedded into nature. Beautiful pool area next to the Spa. Calm and relaxing. Very friendly and helpul staff everywhere.

Perfect stay
    • Superior Garden Villa

Staff is nice and warm, but sometimes you need to control them and remind about your requests.

Hotel territory is very beautiful, peaceful and quiet. SPA is highly recommended. Our stay was perfect.

Everything.
    • Deluxe Pool Villa

Wifi signal can be weak. Other than that, nothing.

Everything. The staff, our pool villa, the location, setting, pool etc. This was my third time visiting Bali and first time staying in Ubud. I never felt so pampered, loved, cared for and felt welcomed in such a while. Thank you so much Maya. 😘

Brilliant stay! will definitely revisit
    • Early Booker Hot Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

natural walks and more activities during the day! and some louder music in the roof bar!

Astonishing resort! Surrounded by trees, just above the river, a place to calm, relax and charge your batteries. Hotel facilities were excellent, pools overlooking trees and wild plantation, spa few meters from the river, smiley personnel always willing to help you. Honestly we had a brilliant stay. So happy that we extent our stay.

What we really like about Maya is how you can enjoy luxury...
    • Best Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

What we really like about Maya is how you can enjoy luxury accommodation in such natural surroundings. You really feel like walking in a forest next to the river. Pool areas were relaxing, breakfast was satisfactory and the restaurants outside area is very beautiful. Several nights at the hotel, they organized Balinese Dance shows and buffet dinner which was a very nice experience. The rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable and the staff was polite and welcoming. Fitness center was good and we liked the morning yoga classes offered daily for guests.

Great property
    • Deluxe Pool Villa

Insects and bugs might be encountered in the private villas, and we switched to a normal hotel room for the last night, which the staff arranged with no problem. Make sure you have the anti bugs spray all the time as the resort is an outdoor area and you will need to protect yourself from mosquito bugs

Extremely beautiful resort, inside the jungle. Very friendly helpful and flexible staff. A convenient shuttle to the center. The spa is a must try, a relaxing and lovely outdoor setup, with no music, only the river's sound. If you're seeking privacy, the private villas will grant you this. The dinner buffets are very rich with a nice romantic setup. We were there for our honeymoon and a cake was offered in the occasion. Would definitely recommend it for those visiting Ubud.

The location was great.
    • Superior Garden Villa

Very quiet. Good was ok , bedroom couldn't watch Tv in bed. Pool the two they have too small for the amount of guest staying at resort 8 chairs per pool for over hundred guest could sit there

The location was great. The massages were amazing and where they do the massages awesome

Stunning Resort with super friendly staff
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The free shuttle to Ubud stops at 5pm. After that you need to pay for transportation. The intention is probably to try to keep guests at the resort for dinner but this doesn't make sense in a 5 star resort.

Beautiful location and stunning Balinese architecture. The resort is very well kept and the staff is super-friendly. Ideal place for a relaxing get away

So relaxing- didn't want to go out of resort
    • Deluxe Pool Villa

There was gecko poo on our bathmat. They sprayed the room, then it smelt so bad so eventually had to change rooms. Room design is a bit dated.

Resort is beautifully situated next to a deep river valley among lush forests. It is beautiful, and so relaxing to be there. Staff are lovely too.

Highly recom, great place to have a relaxing holiday.

I cannot think anything.

Service there is outstanding. Staffs all speak English very well. The resort is quiet and cleaning. We spent most of time in resort. really enjoy the holiday there. They arranged birthday surprise when we had breakfast, a lovely flower decorated birthday cake. It is wonderful. They also sent flowers and card to our room.

Not a relaxing place to be at all.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

I went to Maya to relax. From the start to the end my period of relaxation was constantly interrupted. For 3 days there was loud music from a nearby villa. Then everyday there was loud knocking and banging from the block I was staying in. This lasted from mid morning until about 5pm. I could not have sleep during the afternoon because of this banging. Then every night I would be startled when I started to finally relax by housekeeping calling me to tell me that someone wanted to conduct the turndown service. I had explained each night that I did not want a turndown and to note it on the system. This was repeatedly ignored. I am a woman in nightwear at 8pm why on earth would I invite turndown especially by male staff. This is insensitive and inappropriate. I did receive an upgrade for the last 2 nights but by then I really wanted to leave. I also think as a hotel you rate very poorly when it comes to vegetarian food options.

Excellent resort
    • Superior Garden Villa

Food at restaurant was good but they don't have many options to chose from. However the dishes they offer are tasty and service at the restaurant was excellent

Excellent place to stay in ubud. It's a bit bar from the centre which is good in the way you won't get the noise from town but close enough you can get an affordable ride if you can't take the shuttle bus offered by the resort. We stayed there for three days only but I can tell we were treated really well. It was my partners birthday and they brought him a beautiful cake, flowers, card ect. They were exceptionally kind.

Best Service
    • Superior Garden Villa

The villa is quite far from the pool, breakfast, lobby and spa. And you can't use shuttle from villa to the lobby and it is a long walk. The hotel should provide shuttle service not only when we check out.

All the staffs are amazing. Spa is one of the best that I have ever been to.

Excellent landscape with beautiful nature.
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

The bathtub is very old and should be replaced.

The resort location is very natural with the stream and waterfall - extremely beautiful. Landscape is excellent. Room is spacious and clean. Good quality pillow and bed.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Fantastic...but make sure you spend some quality time at Ubud market
    • Early Booker Hot Deal - Superior Double or Twin Room

Dinner menu was rather limited, wifi was unreliable

Infinity pools, greenery, polynesian feel, breakfast, fruit juices, evening high tea and of course happy hour

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Aman ambience at Marriot prices
    • Deluxe Pool Villa

Not a lot. Walking to town is hazardous as roads outside the property are narrow and strewn with obstacles, best to use their shuttle.

Understated luxury. Peace and quiet. All the chalets/villas have their own dipping pools in such quite, serene and very private environment.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Overpriced rooms
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

We had booked two rooms. The toilet in one the rooms was dirty, as though it was not cleaned after it was last used by someone suffering from diarrhea. The property is a little old, at least the rooms allotted to us were. They smelled musty.

Beautiful property. They let me delay my check-out by an hour.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Amazing property in a unique location
    • Deluxe Pool Villa

Very little we didn't like, but if anything the juices at breakfast could be improved - they taste almost like cordials. But everything else was perfect.

Fantastic 'centre of jungle' location, with the most amazing pool setting I've seen yet. The location is really unique and authentic - most of the resort is based at the top of a valley overlooking a flowing river below. However the river pool is spectacular, being accessed by a lift or many steps deep down at the bottom of the valley. Fantastic spa by the river, again with the location adding to the exotic feel of the whole place. Really nice food at the resort, with a good amount of choice including a Tepenyaki table, decent breakfast (bar the watered down juices) and fantastic service. The Balinese people are so friendly and polite.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Wonderful place to either relax or explore Ubud and surrounds.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Beautiful setting.Excellent staff who were always smiling and efficient. Lovely atmospheric pools looking over the jungle. Loved the yoga classes in the morning and the happy hour at 6.00pm.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Luxury and zen at one place !
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Location is pretty far off from Ubud centre, if only their shuttle timing was extending into the night as getting to the centre is a pain otherwise if you've not rented a motorbike. Also the hair dryer wasn't up to standard in the room if they would change that to something more powerful.

Loved my stay at Maya. Staff are very friendly and warm. Property is amazingly beautiful and very zen perfect if you're looking to destress and just laze by the pool and enjoy the hotel grounds.

Good choice
    • Deluxe Pool Villa

Light very dim at night in the privat garden and pool (need more lights cause in the middle of the forrest you can find a lot of insects)

Friendly staff, amazing view and good location

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

This place nails R&R.
    • Deluxe Pool Villa

We were there on quiet day so stayed for an evening meal which was a buffet. It was ok but nothing too exciting

Amazingly beautiful and relaxing place, beautiful pools and my wife claimed the spa was top notch. Breakfast and yoga are good. Its hard to pull yourself away to explore. We had the villa with pool and would really recommend that

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Serene, beautiful hotel
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Service in general could have been a bit better. I have better experiences with the service in Indonesia.

Grounds, design, serenity of the hotel. Beautiful place.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Beautiful hotel...
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Yoga classes were a bit underwhelming, too much patronising talking very little substance. I had massages twice, one of the therapists was good, the other one was just too interested in chit chat. I am not big into chatting about where I am from etc while I am having a massage. Her intention was good but her technique wasn't good either. From an expensive beautiful spa like this, one would expect a bit more experience.

Grounds are amazing. Swimming pools are the best. I love the design of this hotel, especially the spa. It has a beautiful yoga studio and gym. Nature walks on hotel grounds are so much fun. This is my second time in this hotel. Love it. Service is usually very good. Hourly free shuttle service to Ubud centre was

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Relaxing stay
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

Food selection was extremely limited for in room dining.

Superb staff and service. Location is great not too far from Ubud centre but secluded enough. Amazing pool right by the river. Daily happy hours by the bar are great.

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Heavenly stay at a hidden paradise
    • Superior Double or Twin Room

nothing that we dint like, but we would suggest to include more options for afternoon tea, like cappuccino, cafe latte etc a complimentary 15 min massage would be considered to be given for all guests - as in general the spa rates were high complimentary pick up from another hotel in UBUD was denied. so that could be good if complimentary pick up and drops are provided

valentines day was made extra special beautifully maintained swimming pools are wow

On 29th December 2016, as we are family of 6, including 92...
    • Superior Garden Villa

On 29th December 2016, as we are family of 6, including 92 years old grandpa, your staff refused to have a table of 6 persons for us for breakfast, next to our friends' family of 6, we had to split into a table of 2 and a table of 4, she even refused to put the 2 tables together to make a table of 6. Moreover even if there are 2 tables of 6 persons just next to our friends' table. She said it was reserved. But until the breakfast is closed, we did not see any people come to the 2 reserved table. This female staff is very stubborn, not so friendly. But other staff are so nice. On 30th December 2016 which is my birthday, I received a small beautiful Bday cake with my favorite coconut flavor, that was a blast! Very impressive. Many thanks.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Total Bliss

Nothing. All good!

Amazing pool villa, excellent staff, the spa was beyond incredible, they catered to our vegan dietary requirements with no problems. Fantastic!!

Browse Maya Ubud Resort & Spa traveller photo gallery