Reviews of Millennium Hotel Sirih Jakarta 4 stars

Jalan Fachrudin 3, Tanah Abang, 10250 Jakarta, Indonesia

#76 of 401 hotels in Jakarta

• Superior Twin Room

Unhappy with the staff at the cafe on the first night. The menu showed a price of IDR100,000 for the ox tail soup but I was charged IDR150,000. When I questioned, I was told that the price on some menu is different but I was charged the higher price than what I saw in the menu given to me. I believe the hotel of this standard should honour their own mistake and not insist that they are right.

breakfast was ok. bed was ok.

• Superior King

the Hotel was so Old, The toilet was broken, and when you remove the room key and the electricity turn off then the AC start to drop water from ceiling to the floor,

good internet, good view, location is also okay

• Superior King

The area around the hotel consists of big highways, not really a nice area to walk (but that is a rather general problem for Jakarta).

Nice hotel with clean rooms, swimming pool and spa. In the morning they serve a good breakfast with lots of choice.

• Superior King

I didn't like the lack of variety in breakfast meals. They have the same set up everyday and I wasn't a fan of the eggs. They're made to order, but the chef uses way too much oil and salt. He also didn't speak English, so it was hard to communicate what I wanted in my omelet.

The staff knew it was my birthday and surprised me with a cake! It was really thoughtful and made me feel special when I was away from home and didn't have anyone to celebrate with.

• Deluxe King

The spa area was very poor. There was a bad smell from the drains, soap dispensers fallen off walls in showers and at sink. The walls were filthy and there was no where to sit comfortably in between sauna (which was passable but the floor was loose a a potential hazard) and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi filters and drains were so dirty I didn’t get in it. Very disappointing as the lobby area of the spa was reasonable and I expected more. The rooms and spa definitely need renovation.

The hotels overall appearance in the lobby and guest areas was good and we were upgraded to the executive floor which was good as the standard was ok there. The breakfast was reasonable with good bread which can be hard to find in Jakarta!

• Superior King

The wine was served after the meal had been delivered..I waited for 30 min for the bill,Then lost my patient and went to the cash The Bloody Mary drink in the bar contained a sweet liquor !! The biff bacon at the breakfast was uneatable ..I cue hew..chew..chew..Detail in the room need to be repair..The location between very traffic streets..Impossible to make 500 m walk

Room cleaning was ok!!

• Superior King

Most staff understood limited English, received a room upgrade which was nice but the limitations were not explaine. Aged elevators. Spa brochure description and actual service were inconsistent.

Beautifully appointed room, grand, lobby, exceptional view, generous upgrade, convenient to get a bluebird,

• Superior King

Two points from me: 1. check-in i tried to pay by bank card (indonesian bank issued) that has the chip in it, the hotel reception told me their machines had not been upgraded to accept chips, i asked if there was an atm in the hotel, i was told i would have to leave the hotel and walk down the road to find an atm to get money out so I could pay, to be fair the receptionist was very apologetic and upgraded my room, but a hotel which declares itself 4 starts should be able to take payments with bank cards that have chips in them as this is common these days. 2. Breakfast was terrible and is definitely not at the standard it should be for a 4 star hotel. The selection was poor and quality of the food they used (before it is cooked and after it is cooked) was poor as well. I travel once a month for work all over Asia and to other cities in Indonesia and this is one of the worst breakfast buffets I have ever seen at a hotel. To the hotel, please fix the quality of the food you buy and serve at breakfast and make sure the food is fresh and maintained for the enitre breakfast period. The only thing from the whole breakfast that I was comfortable about eating was the omelette even the coffee was terrible and hard to swallow.

• Superior King

Location was awful. Not close to any shopping complex or restaurants that's within walking distance.

Beautiful luxurious hotel with all the amenities one would expect from a 5 star hotel....spa, pool, great in house restaurant, beautifully appointed rooms.

• Deluxe King

Pool area needs upgrading with some cushions on the pool chairs essential. Bar prices are very expensive and the location is not great.

Bed very comfortable and bathroom very clean.Room very spacious with views of Central Jakarta. Staff very helpful and efficient.

• Superior King

The staff was very friendly.The buffet was also great & rooms werw very spacious ,with a view and clean and worth the money paid. Hotel arrages the taxi service to go about which is very easy. Good location to reach anywhere. They allowed early check in and late check out both for us.The door man was always with a smile.Would recomened for anyone.

• Superior King

Had dinner in the evening, restaurant almost empty, but had to wait almost 30 minutes before the fish and ships were served. Asked the bill and after 10 minutes I walked to the counter to pay. Waiters were not alert, like many Indonesians in sleep modus while working and the guys in black suit.....food and beverage managers????, buzzy with waking around with their nose in the air and doing absoluut nothing. What a difference against breakfast.......

The service from at the breakfast is very good. Got some fresh coffee from Yani, super.

• Superior King

The staff are excellent. Both the two young gentlemen and young ladies are really helpful. They are always helpful and speak excellent English. A young man lent me his phone charger when I didn't have one. Brilliant staff!

• Superior King

The wall is too thin as at night I can here lots of noises outside. In fact on the last night it's so noisy that I had to kindly ask the other room to keep the noise down.

It have very good security. Staffs are all giving good service. The room itself is cozy too. Gym facilities are very good. Me and my wife enjoy the gym there. Massage here are nice also.

• Superior King

Everything in this hotel stay is so so so so so bad. Guys don't stay in this hotel at all.

First of all I got tricked by booking.com and Hotel too due to advertising showed breakfast included and booking is changeable/ Cancelable but when I received the confirmation same was with no breakfast and non-refundable booking and I couldn't cancel it because they got my credit card details. Second, staff of this hotel they don't know how to smile. Third, they advertise the restaurant is 24/7 which is false because when I tried to order around mid night they couldn't comply my request!!! Forth , location of hotel in a very dangers area ! Finally , I don't advise anyone to stay in this hotel and be carful when you make booking with Booking.com site!!!

• Superior King

We have been using this hotel since several years for its convenient location for our purposes. But the restaurant seems to be neglected by the management. This made us decide to have our dinner meals at other places. Therefore in spite of the convenient location we are considering whether the Millennium Sirih Jakarte in future still will be for us the right place to go.

The restaurant cannot be recommended. The quality of the breakfast buffet is not delicious and always the same. After 3 days boring. Just food and below standard for a hotel of this cathegory. No creative ideas from the kitchen. One morning there were no bread and bakery items available due to a problem in the kitchen as we were told. Also the dinner menue card is not attractive and the skills of the chef are more than only questionable...

• Superior King

It was a great hotel and we enjoyed every aspect of it.

Our stay at this hotel was amazing .The hotel has all the facilities you could ask for and the staff are very warm and helpful.The manageress was very helpful and went out of her way to make our stay memorable.I would highly recommend this hotel .The location is also great ,very central and a short drive away from the many malls close by .

• Superior King

Drinking water in a big bottle is not available in restarant also.

AMI madam in restaurant was excellent. Good manager also. The lady on gate assisted us to take taxi very efficiently.

• Superior King

Wifi is a bit slow, 1 tube of shower gel a day is not enough for 2 guests staying in a room

Spacious room, comfortable bed, reasonably priced spa/ massage services

• Superior King

The room was dusty, my girlfriend has sensitive nose so she was sneezing and coughing away. We didn't get the chance to swim as the pool has a burst pipe. :( Would be great if the room had prepared 2 sets of everything when we checked in. Not a big issue, the housekeeping team quickly added in another set of items after our feedback.

We love their breakfast! They have international and local delights. The staffs are very helpful, friendly and love to chit-chat with us. The location is about 8 mins to Grand Indonesian mall if there is no jam. Price was affordable too.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Dark room. Poor decor. Poor lighting housekeeping not great.

Good hotel reasonable value for money. Accommodation ok. And that's all I can say really.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• Deluxe King

Although not as conveniently located as some of Jakarta's other central hotels, the hotel itself is quite nice as it's been recently refurbished. The staff was always helpful and v. courteous, especially Ms. Judith the Duty Manger.

• Superior King

I can't think of anything..

Breakfast was very good with lots of options. Rooms we spacious, beds were very comfortable, very clean and adequately furnished. Check in & out was quick and trouble free. Pool was nice and big enough, The gym, sauna, steam room & Jacuzzi were awesome and I used them daily. The staff are amazing. I had a small case of diarrhea and they took me to the pharmacy at 2am to makes sure I got the right medicine and followed up with a check on me the next day. They are so polite and hospitable (true Indonesian hospitality). It's a great property that's pretty close to the major malls and eateries in central Jakarta. I would certainly stay there again and would recommend to solo travelers as well as families.

• Superior King

It's a really great hotel.the location also good but not great.the good thing is hotel will provide free transportation for shopping malls. Room views are so great.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Superior King

It's time to change the toilet in the room, the inside has a lot of dirt stains...eeeyyykk.

We were upgraded to Club Lounge Room.The bedroom is spacious and the bed is very comfortable.Staffs are all polite & friendly.Christian at reception who assisted us when check in was very effective & attentive.Will definitely return to this hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Superior King

1. Swimming pool with no shading trees or pool umbrella --> feel very dazzled to the eyes. 2. It is not convenient if you want to shop to next door Indomaret....you will be forbidden to walk-down the shortest way (just only for cars), but you have to walk-down from the front gate Hotel....

1. Location 2. Hospitality of Staff (FO and Resto) 3. Nice room aromatherapy....makes you relaxed

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

• Superior King

Breakfast selection in terms of local foods could be expanded.

1. This hotel exceed my expectation in two things:- We were given a free upgrade to Deluxe Room and early check-in, as early as 930am. 2. Attentive and very professional staff. Good service! 3. Excellent location - this is one of the best hotel if you plan to shop at Tanah Abang, or having plan a nightlife in Plaza Indonesia/Grand Indonesia

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Superior King

Soap was not given in a following day. Japanese restaurant should be reopened. Taxi didn't come so long. Why can't we drive the taxi which was arrived to the hotel?

The place is located in a good place . However no convenience store is near by.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Deluxe Family Room

This hotel need to refurbish. The furniture is old and can easily spotted the wear and tear. The piping system is bad. Water stagnant in the bathroom and the bathroom door is broken. The buffet breakfast is bad. Very limited choices both western and eastern food. We stayed for 2 nights but both days present the same bfast menu. The pool is just OK. No one attended or guard the pool.

Near to major shopping complex like Tanah Abang, Lotus, Sarinah n Plaza Indonesia. They provides free shuttle for the guests. The hotel lobby is large and comfortable. We ordered pizza from the lounge and it was very delicious!

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

• Superior King

Old bathroom and old bedroom. some refurbishment will be required.

Well located but with the traffic, it is not so easy to reach. Overall, quite cheap for the quality of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

• Deluxe King

Stayed here before so knew what to expect . Large comfortable rooms .Nice to have a bath available. International tv. Wi fi worked well. Decent gym facilities and spa. Close,by Jakarta standards, to most business and retail areas by cheap taxi rides (Use Bluebird Taxi-very safe). Get more than you pay for here...excellent value enhanced by nice friendly staff

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Superior King

Breakfast not very good in terms of taste like the nasi goreng, noodles are not tasty at all. Not many varieties and repeated menu for 2 consecutive days.

I like most is the room. Bed n pillows are comfortable

• Reviewed: 26 October 2016

• Superior King

The staff at reception were mixed - most were very courteous but one of the managers; a woman who took over for no reason, was pushing me to accept an upgrade offer which I politely declined. She was rude and unhelpful when I told her I saw no need to upgrade. Jakarta is a difficult city to travel around for business; peak hour and gridlock are 24/7. A 6 minute journey on Google Maps took an hour. This hotel was in the wrong location for what I needed.

The room was comfortable and clean and generally the staff I dealt with were helpful and pleasant.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Superior King

Road traffic which is common in Jakarta.

This is the second times i stay in this hotel. I will rate it as 5 stars hotel. The hotel is so clean, staff was wonderful. Rooms and beds are so comfort. Blue bird taxis are available at hotel. It nearby famous shopping Market (Tanah Abang). It is value of Money.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Superior King

- Location could be better, however, everything is within reach in few minutes by taxi/tuctuc - dinner was not what we expected, was good, but not amazing

- A-ma-zing breakfast-buffet - very friendly and helpful staff - nice pool - nice room, bed, with aircon - great views (we had a room on the 15th floor) - very good price/quality value

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Superior King

Facility in the room, i.e the kettle was dirty, rusty and shouldnt be there for guest. I asked for replacement and the housekeeping took years to replace.

Upon check in, the front office staffs are very helpful particularly this guy whom i have forgotten his name. He attend me during check in and check out. Samething staffs in the restaurant, very helpful and so friendly.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• Superior King

Breakfast closes to fast.

Breakfast variation was ok, room very ok, location good and friendly staff. Can not advertise to much but this hotel is better than average for this price.

• Superior King

I'm require customer to this hotel I like to stay there cos of many things like - good for families - comfortable bed - great service - few mints drive to shopping areas

• Superior King

Breakfast was horrible. Everything finish before the breakfast time finish ex 10:00. You have to there too early to make sure that you will get something to eat.

Staff

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Superior King

The room, and the bathroom in particular where worn and need redecoration. We stayed on the 15th and 14th floor and had a club room. Location was not the best. There was nothing in the neighborhood so a taxi is required.

Big rooms, bed was ok, helpful and friendly staff, good breakfast buffet with many choices for all races.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

• Superior King

Food & beverage is one big disappointment: not much choice, no atmosphere, no animation...

Millennium hotel has comfortable rooms, slightly outdated perhaps, but clean and spacious.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Deluxe King

The area surrounding the hotel is boring with nothing to see, do or eat.

Good hotel in THE heart of Jakarta. Room is big and clean, maybe a bit worn out, as u could see it is not a new room. We where on the15th executive Floor. Good breakfast with lots of choise for westeners and Asians. Great helpful staff! Good value for money! Good hotel!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Superior King

Breakfast buffet is ok, however becomes boring for those guests who stay longer than just a few days as the food is always the same. Lobby and Lobby Bar sometimes noisy when one of the many crowded company group meetings take place.

Helpful front desk staff. Friendly staff in restaurant. The nonsmoking rooms rooms towards the pool side are are quiet. Taxi pool beside the hotel.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

• Superior King

A glass of fresh orange juice in the bar cost 100000 Rph ex tax and service fee that is simply way too much. We booked a message at the hotel, let's just say that the message was a bit too intimate for our taste. Good advice when booking massage, don't book at the hotel!! Find another place. We booked a day trip through the hotel with Gray Line and had a bad experience due to our guides very poor English skills both her understanding/ speaking English. Unfortunately that meant a lot of valuable information about the history in the museums was lost and we had to read the signs and brochures to get a little information during the day. We had also agreed when we booked that we could pay with credit card but our guide's credit card machine didn't work so after long and unfortunate discussing we had to go to an ATM for cash( another fee was added)

The staff was very friendly and very helpfu. Nice that there was a gym and a pool.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Superior King

Water spots in the water boiler thingy in the room it had only 1 pair of room slippers

bed is super comfy air conditioning somehow had a mind of its own and the room was barely too cold or too warm, perfect temp throughout staff was ready to share information about the surrounding malls :D

• Reviewed: 4 July 2016

• Superior King

Their free shuttles to major shopping places only operate in the evening.

Their fitness center and pool are the reason why I always return to this hotel. The rooms are spacious also.

• Superior King

The shuttle bus shd b provided hourly instead of evening only.

Big rooms, clean facilities

• Superior Twin Room

The spa wasn't available because of Idul Fitri Holiday. Very disappointing.

Confortable room and great staff.

like it

good

• Superior King

great service. good location. nice trip. Love the garden.

• Deluxe Family Room

The Staff in the Cafe Area name Mdm Ami -The way she serve us was so comfort and well respectful even tho she was at front counter .

Good food

• Club Room

Heavy traffic the road infront

Comfortable and variety of food

The ambiance

Near from city

Clean

Neat

Nothing all is Excellent

I like to stay in ur hotel next time

• Club Room

Breakfast buffet and cocktail food was very good.bed was very comfortable.pillow was fluffy.had good sleep and rest

Beautifully decorated, spacious room, quiet and clean. Staff was very helpful

Coffee

No payment up front

• Superior King

Nice room very good breakfast

Cozy

• Superior King

Very good place to stay..it’s cheap as well..staff is nice and food is soooo nice

Very nice staff thank u

Everything was nice and clean

• Superior King

Staff dealing is not the best

Value for money

• Superior Twin Room

Nice room, comfy bed, clean, good breakfast, friendly staff, easy to get taxi

• Superior King

Good location and nice spa center . Good for massage after flight

• Superior King

No convenient store around the area.

The friendly staffs. Our dinner at the hotel was extremely good.

The front view

Ease to go anywhere

• Superior King

The amount of time it took for the staff to help me with check in.

nice place in the city

Breakfast good

Shuttle car to shopping center and return services

So so