Reviews of Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square 4 stars

Jalan Gunung Sahari Raya No 1, Sawah Besar, 14420 Jakarta, Indonesia

#97 of 401 hotels in Jakarta

Hot water in shower intermittent. side table lamp would not switch off, remote of TV not working properly, and understaffed at the reception

Large and clean rooms, air-conditioning system perfect and quiet, helpful staff

• Deluxe Executive King Room

We stayed at two different room one its in deluxe executive king room and one its in deluxe rooms. The Shower water at our deluxe room was disaster, completely black and the smell its like iron rusted we don’t know since when it happened.

Best Value

Dinner was average & service slow as no manager on site & short staffed. Staff did their best under circumstances. Magnetic cards also stopped working 3 times

• Deluxe Executive King Room

Non freindly staff 😖 Not sofistecated b-fast buffet 😟 Taking so long to attend guest 😱 Very slow respond for accepting guest credit 😳😖

Resonablle location. Good restaurants arround .....

The rooms on the front are incredibly noisy; wifi signal not stable and weak; wish I had more choice on the breakfast buffet , in terms of western style meal (continental breakfast)

very helpful and nice staff

• Executive King Room

The way from the airport to the hotel is very far, also when we take a taxi to pick us from the hotel they always charge 5.000 RID, also there was a maintenance inside the hotel which might coz some noise in the day time.

staff was amazing, especially the reception lady named Lion, was an amazing and well reception us, and she prepared us a gift for our anniversary , and a free upgraded room as well and small gifts to my kids. i liked the location of the hotel the most, as i can reach most of attraction places easily.

There was a slight construction on going at the swimming pool, was abit noisy when you sat at the pool area.

First night we received free upgrade due to room availability. Given that it was holiday peak time, I think the staff handled the crowd nicely. Hotel was comfortable, staff was friendly. Location wise it was good, convenient to find shopping food amenities.

the receptionist should be able to serve better and more friendly. for the main lobby should be more beautify the design ...

We've got an extra bonus breakfast and dinner for all my families, and late check out bonus to compensate late check in because the rooms are not ready yet. Thanks to the manager who has made our a new year eve 2018 amazingly memorable👍🏻👍🏻

• Deluxe Executive King Room

Breakfast / restuarant options to be improved.

Rooms comfortable , big sized . The new design of the rooms is quite good. Staff is very friendly and helpful

• Deluxe Twin Room

First room I stayed had a very strong tobacco smell and internet access was intermitten. Second room I was booked in had slightly better taste. Housekeeping didn't clean the cups used overnight, carpet wasn't vacuumed overnight leaving crumbs of food eaten overnight. Toilet had leaks and bathroom sink also leaked, thus left bad smell in the room. The access card from elevator to the room floor main door always failed and I had to be led by restaurant staff Foudzy on a huge circle to go back to the room. Swimming pool area nearer to the entrance is supposedly a No Smoking zone, but I saw Arabs smoking shishas openly while I was cautioned ealier not to smoke that particular seat.

Staff were super excellent. Special shout out for Eva and Mira of Front Office and restaurant staff Foudzy for their sheer kindness who went beyond their job scope assisting me during my stay. They made my stay memorable!

1- No hot water. This issue has been reported to the reception during our arrival on Nov 29th. The reception told us it will be repaired shortly. Same problem at night. Same answer from the reception. On Nov 30th, (18hours after reporting the problem !) , finally the reception told us that there is no hot water for all the rooms , the "engineering department still working on it" . We are really wondering how a 4 stars hotel cannot fix such an issue in 18 hours, nothing at all being proposed to the guests in terms of alternative solution or compensation ! 2- Internet : Internet reception in the room was just catastrophic with erratic link and slow speed (around 1 Mb dowload). The question is again « How is it possible a 4 stars hotel located in the center of Jakarta offers such a poor Internet service » ? 3- Mini bar empty : If you need to drink something, you are obliged to go outside 4- Eco-toilet not working

Great location and facilities, very friendly and helpful staff, the problem being in my opinion with the management of this hotel

• Executive King Room

Traffic was horrendous which made access to the hotel not easy. Not so near to city centre given the traffic conditions.

Room was spacious and comfortable. Located next to a shopping mall. Food easy to find. Nice facilities. Good spread made available for breakfast.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Room service menu is a little bit poor.they need to work more on this level.

Nice breakfast..comfy bed.spacious rooms..nice swimming pool.and the fitness center is very nice.the rooms need some refurbishment.

• Deluxe Twin Room

No available room when I checked in at 2:30pm. There was very tiny coackroach on the dessert I ordered during dinner which I cancelled. The restaurant was asking me to pay when I made Rp2Mdeposit.

• Superior King Room

I had a wonderful time at the hotel so I simply cannot find a flaw.

Novotel Hotel Mangga Dua Square is located not too far away from the airport, major tourist attractions and needless to say it just sits beside Mangga Dua Square shopping mall. It is easy to grab something to eat as Pagoda City is just within a few minutes walk from the hotel. MIss Wanda, a receptionist who check me in really pampered me so well from the minute I walked in to the hotel until the day I checked out. I checked in on October 06th,2017 and checked out oN oCtober 07th,2017. Miss Wanda said to me : " Sir, I will let you checkout the next day at 14:00 P.M without a charge since it is your Birthday." Thanks Miss Wanda and Novotel Hotel Mangga Dua Square.

• Superior King Room

Very good location with good and lovely tema Really i like to visit it agin I like every thing special the team and Mr. Al Feel In reception team Fast check Inn And fast check out

At check in there was only 1 staff at the counter which caused delay in checking in.

The breakfast buffet spread was good. Rooms Were clean and large. Please ask for a pool view room. The location is in mangga dua shopping Square. So if you like crowded places then this is the place for you. The pool is awesome and the facilities are good. The breakfast spread has a lot of choices.

My children loved the pool, the high level of security. The rooms were extra clean. The staff were very friendly and had a smile on the faces and will greet and help whenever possible. The breakfast was great with so many varieties. Nooradin the pool supervisor and Muklas the waiter were both great staff. Thank you Novotel for making our stay a one to remember

The rooms were modern and new. The hotel had a kids club, koi pond( as big as a swimming pool) which my daughter enjoyed very much. We enjoyed the breakfast choices. The location was next to supermarkets, fast food , pagoda street food and Ancol. Transport was easy with taxi and Grab. Hotel staff were very pleasant.

• Superior King Room

WiFi can be a little slow in the evening. This could be due to the high volume of users at the time of the day. It would be great hotel for business if they could improve in this area

The location is convenient for getting onto the highway to the airport

Location,Staff,Administrative

Hi, I booked through booking. Com and everything was amazing. I found everything completed, I really would like to appreciate those staff in Novotel mangg dua square they really very value staff and very helpful 1.Mrs.Mira,this staff very helpful and very nice person to deal with 2.Mrs. Adylin in business center she is really amazing staff and very helpful when I asked her to change my room 3.Mrs.Decy,this is very nice staff and she responded to me immediately when I asked her help regarding my room, Actually I strongly recommend Novotel Hotel in Mangga Dua Square Dr.Mohammed

• Superior King Room

The room we stayed in this time didn't have any drawers ,although they did have open cupboards.So maybe a few drawers and cupboard doors ?

Novotel hotel is situated adjoining Mangga Day mall ,it has lots of eating places around ,a Carrefour in the lower level and lots of entertainment for kids.They have hair salons,beauty parlour and massage areas.So booking here is ideal as you get everything under one roof.

• Superior Room with 2 Single Beds Pool View

The food for breakfast could be more better by adding up more different type of food.

The room was nice & the bed was comfy. Overall the place is amazing!

In spite of requesting for a higher floor and quiet room was given a lower floor and room adjacent to where renovation works was being carried out. Check-in process was painfully slow. Wi-Fi password provided at check-in was wrong as well.

Nothing. Was disappointed with the overall stay experience.

• Superior Twin Room

Terrible wifi, staff not very efficient all the time, plumbing issues (dirty water came through the taps once) Location wasn't family friendly because the Mangga Dua square mall is a wholesale mall

The bed was comfortable and the hotel is large. Big pool and nice gym

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Superior King Room

My room was furnished with shower only. The lady receptionist was kind and helpful. She prepared a room with "bathtub" for me. Thank you, Eva. You made my stay at Novotel comfortable. Staff at the restaurant (on floor 5) were also friendly. They helped me to enjoy my dinner there.

• Superior Room with 1 Kingsize Bed Pool View

Aircon temperature was hot, set ac to 14 degree felt like 28 all night. Cant watch tv from my bed without hurting neck. Position of the furniture is horrible

Breakfast and staff friendliness

Housekeeping didn't really do a good job of keeping the room clean - but after that - the staff were very efficient to responding our needs when we had informed what they lacked.

There staff at information/concierge desk were extremely friendly, helpful, accommodating to all our questions, in comparison to the main front desk. Thumbs up to them! Check in / check out time was very efficient. Room space is spacious - esp if you're a huge shopper with lots of luggage. Excellent breakfast spread as well!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Lift was too far from room.

Newly revamped rooms were great. Very quiet and nice but I don't like the Long walk to rooms. The lift is located too far.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Need some maintenance especially with the bathroom. Too many leakage here and there.

The hotel is located in Mangga Dua Square; might not relevant to most people, but it was convenient for us.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

• Superior Room with 1 Kingsize Bed Pool View

After travelling for 20 hours and arriving at 9am my room wasn't available until 2pm which I suspected would be the case. However there is no where to freshen up or area to spend chill time which made it difficult

The hotel is a good location not far from the airport . The swimming pool and Spa are lovely

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

All Staff very very nice

I like the staff specially in business center, there was very nice girl her name siny helped me too much, she is nice staff and very value to work in novotel

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

• Superior Room with 1 Kingsize Bed Pool View

More options for room service. Tried to order normal Fried Rice but after midnight only serve Fried Rice with Ikan Asin ONLY.

Value for money Location good for leisure- Located near Mangga Dua SQ shopping center Friendly Staffs Cleaniness

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Superior Twin Room

Awesome place for the family Rooms were bigger usual Staff are friendly and knowledgeable Swimming pool was excellent Very good choices of foood Location was excellent

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Superior Twin Room

I stay there 2 nights. The air condition not working so well.hot. but after give a call the fix it fast.

The room is big. The breakfast tasty. Pool also clean.

• Reviewed: 10 December 2016

• Superior Room with 1 Kingsize Bed Pool View

Breakfast needs improvement, very limited selection and very late to fill the food after empty. Wi-Fi needs improvement(I did not have wi-fi at my room and after complaining they changed my room the other day, but still the wi-fi connection was not excellent).

The hotel located in a very convenient place(Mannga dua square ) with easy access to other budget shopping-ITC mangga dua, Pasar Pagi by a short ride (always take Blue Bird taxi from road better than tuk-tuk). Staff excellent very helpful. I will stay there again.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Superior Room with 2 Single Beds Pool View

there's a guy came to my room just after checked in and he offers you drinks and stuff with cheap and bad way,sorry but it's true. The View wasn't good and not comfortable on the swimming pool !! I can not sleep because of annoyance maintenance and repairs that have not completed a year ago !! The price is high compared to the possibilities available and the size of the room

well treated by receptionists specially Cintia

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Superior Room with 1 Kingsize Bed Pool View

The hair dyer exploded while I also using it to dry my hair. Inform the staff about it, they send someone to repair it. Didn't compensate me and my ear still hurts. After this incident, request for late check out, they told me the room is fully book. I went to the bar lounge to rest, staff woke me up and ask me to leave.

The cleanliness of the hotel and the friendly staff that serve me at the receptionist when I check-in

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

• Superior Room with 1 Kingsize Bed Pool View

Loud music noise in the room facing the street. Hotel in need of renovation, as expected from Novotel brand

Reception staff was quick to respond when I asked to be transferred to another room

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

• Superior Room with 1 Kingsize Bed Pool View

قدم الاثاث صعوبة التواصل مع الطاقم لضعف اللغة العربية والانقليزية لديهم اخبروني بتوفر خبز خالي من الجلوتين لديهم لكنهم لم يوفروا They told me we have a gluten free but when I come they didn't have Annie I have a hard time when I try to connect with them because they don't speak very well and they don't understand English or Arabic

نظافة الفندق

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Superior Room with 1 Kingsize Bed Pool View

I did not like the place was hot and air conditioning in my residence leaking water from the roof top and the place is clean and annoyed residents should be placed in a soundproof doors

I liked the place of worship of the markets

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Superior King Room

location I guess, but depends what you're there for.

excellent place to stay, nothing bad about it. wished I brought my swim wear to enjoy the pool tho!

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Superior King Room

Our room was attractive, spacious, clean, and comfortable. The hotel is centrally located, with good restaurants and shopping on the same block, yet our room was insulated from the noise and congestion of the city. It was a great place to relax in the middle of busy Jakarta.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Superior Room with 1 Kingsize Bed Pool View

Maintenance of the rooms could have been better.

Spacious rooms Friendly staffs Good facilities Near local malls More details can be found at: boardinggaterush.com/novotel-jakarta-mangga-dua-square/

SOME FACILITY NOT RUNNING PROPERLY LIKE DOOR AND SAFETY BOX BUT STAFF TAKE CARE TO FIXED

NEW RENOVATION OF ROOM

• Deluxe Twin Room

one stop shopping with mall in one building

The minibar filled with soft drink, but there were no can/bottle opener provided

Location near mangga dua mall, cheap stuff..

Excellent management team led by the exceptional Song

spacious rom

book for colleague

book for colleague

restaurant staff - to be more friendly .

room excellent.

• Premier Floor Superior King Room

The place is being renovated

Everything around you

• Deluxe Executive King Room

Great service and food are excellent

Facilities

Good Location

95 euros were deducted extra from my account, they said it was their mistake but would take them 1 month to refund. That’s Absurd and rediculous

Good service

• Superior King Room

towel rack in the bathroom

Swimming pool and breakfast

Nothing noteworthy

I liked the cleanliness of the hotel and the good treatment of all the staff, especially receptionist Abdel Rahim

Room at old wings

No other comment

Lobby is too small to meet friends and business partners

located in the heart of shopping dustrict

• Executive King Room

The wifi was very bad during my stay.

Toilet water source was unique not regular water hose.

Breakfast was awesome and there is a 24-hour mini mart on the same street

More local Indonesian delicacies

Should have more Indonesian food staff

Wifi quality

Good locations

Nil

Its very clean

There Air Conditioning sounds like tyre scratch all the day

Room quite far froom lift

Room is very comfort

Overpriced and but far from city centre.

NYC hotel good breakfast mall next to it.good staff

• Superior Twin Room

Hotel breakfast could be better.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Superior King Room

Upon arrival bathroom had coffee spill on the floor .... room wasn't fresh

Good location, friendly staff

Facilities are old and service is slow

Convenient

• Superior King Room

Does not deserve to be 4 star hotel.

Browse Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square traveller photo gallery