Reviews of Sunlake Hotel 5 stars

Jl. Danau Permai Raya C1, Sunter, Tanjung Priok, 14350 Jakarta, Indonesia

#147 of 401 hotels in Jakarta

Rooms were much bigger than my expectations which made me...

Rooms were much bigger than my expectations which made me very satisfied. Moreover there was Indian food available which solved my food availablity issues very well. Food is equally good as the room.

Smelled of cigarettes in corridor.

Smelled of cigarettes in corridor. The hotel is too busy. We asked for a room boy with trolley for our luggages when check out and no one came after 10 minutes.

I am booking double queen room for my family. ( im travelling with husband, toddler 2.8 months and b
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast taste is so so. I am booking double queen bed for my family. ( im travelling with husband, toddler 2.8 months and baby 8 months). But the hotel give us room with 1 queen bed and 1 single bed. I'm complain to the receptionist. They just give me 1 extra breakfast. My question is.. for who extra breakfast?? I just travelling with my family. My toddler and my baby still free for breakfast right? So i got nothing for the compensation. My night at there sucks. Because i need to sleep in single bed with baby 8 months. I feel harmed already paid for 2 queen bed but can't sleep properly and even worth it compensation.

Comfy family room.

Pool, gym and Sauna !

Pool, gym and Sauna !!!! Room is very big and comfortable. My favorite hotel in Jakarta. Staff is always very kind and nice and breakfast is awesome !!

Room is quite big and there is Balcony and mostly quite...

Not good breakfast and no convenient store near around hotel

Room is quite big and there is Balcony and mostly quite comfortable... Hotel staffs are very kind

It was certainly value for money unless we didn't have the communication issue.
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff cannot communicate in English and very difficult for us to get something done. We booked the room for family of 04 but the number of cups, toiletries, water bottles, towels, tea sugar etc.. etc were for 02 people. To get them for others I was tired communicating with them.

Pool, pool facilities, Room, Bed linen, Wash room cleanliness, space furniture and arrangement

Good experience

Just the floors carpet was smelly

Most of the hotel and its properties it’s clean And the staff was friendly And helping like ILHAM AND DIZEY .. so thank u ( I advise it for families)

Overall satisfying and recommened for all

didn't try other than breakfast, as I found food other than ethnic is bit costly.

Liked all - Facilities, Comfort, Service, Staff behavior, Food, other amenities ... everything excellent Outside view is excellent. View from balcony great.

Nice place BUT...

- The net service is bad cos they give Temperlely access for 24 hour. So every day we have to go reception to get the new code for internet. - hotel staff should be Train for hoe deal with gusit as they NEVER smile or greeting guist with (good morning or hello sir) especially the reception staff - there is a security guard at the hotel restaurant watching people, every day I go take my breakfast I see him. I really don't know for what resone they put him there. - Rooms furniture are bit old and need renovation - the hotel sound put ATM machine at lobby coz there are no ATM nearby hotel location.

Good location. Big rooms, recommend for families.

Okay stay for one night in city.

Staff was unhelpful and unconscious. Smoking allowed during lunch and dinner. Dirty carpets throughout lifts and corridor that reeks of secondary smoke.

Rooms were bigger than normal and shower temperature and pressure was amazing.

Room size.

The cleaning service did not really clean throughly the bathroom and my room (they did not clean up my left over food and tea cup that has been used)

Room size. It’s big!

Fantastic and fun.

Liked everything.

The royal suite was beautiful but the kids triple executive was quite average. Breakfast buffet variety was excellent. Very friendly staff.

Rooms were big.
    • Executive King Room

The view was not so good.nightlife places was abit far. Wi-Fi was slow. The bar closes early and not much of variety of whisky. Which was also very expensive

Rooms were big. Clean. Room service was fast n clean

Overall - nice place to stay

A lot of cockroaches in the bathroom and even in the bed. High price for business center services: if you would like to print out your boarding passes, please be ready to pay. I've tried club sandwich, Caesar salad, chicken burger from room service menu and all are not tasty. Even coffee is not nice.

Staff at breakfast very hospitable and well-trained. Room is very spacious. Swimming pool operating till 21:00.

The stay was comfortable. The staff fixed the shower holder promptly after my first night.

The breakfast spread was a little limited. Mostly chicken. Could do with some other meat like beef or lamb. Heavy on carbohydrates.

The room service was very prompt. Staff were friendly and polite.

Felt bad, and unhappy

Furniture was so old and smelly, stuff was untrained how to deal with customer, location is awful and traffic, the views around the hotel are very ugly, the hotel is very very old, and Indian smell every where, restaurant is very expensive, I have paid 500+k for two dishes only main while I paid 160k for three in a nice Japanese restaurant outside, I do not think they deserve more than one star

The staff were pretty helpful.

Related to my mother's mobility issues, the room given to us was an old looking room.

The staff were pretty helpful. i was travelling with my elderly mother with mobility issues. As i presented her case, the receptionist tried to find us a room to accommodate my mother's mobility issues. Our room was spacious, more than average hotel rooms in jakarta for that kind of price.

nice to stay it the second time after 2 years

compare with two years ago, the hotel staff are not helpful as 2years ago, clearly remembered that 2 years ago, when I need to have charger for my phone, with one call straight to the front desk, and have it delivered to me very soon in my room, same situation happened at this time, the call was transferred many times to other department one by one for a simple charger requested, eventually they said no, and then I said I need an adapter for the charger I have, the staff told me that I need to go down to the reception in person to have it, and refuse to send it to me in my room due to the reason that THEY ARE BUSY. the room price is still alike not increased a lot in the two years, but the food and every other things like massage and cocktails in the lobby bar increased 2 or 3 times as before, but may be not the problems of the hotel but overall Jakarta of increasingly living cost.

I had wonderful experiences of staying in this hotel TWO YEARS ago, and this time I came back and stayed again, the room is still that super big, with very good of balcony able to view surrounding areas with Jakarta skyline at 270 degrees, and very good for money. Adang the security guard I know 2 years ago, was still there and he still remembering me and very friendly at that time, so, feel like come back to OLD FRIEND when stay in this hotel after 2 years

Classic hotel with warm hospitality
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Free Wi-Fi was great but did not like the idea of using different passwords for each 24hr log in.

A classic hotel with friendly staff. Clean and comfortable! The triple room was large and had a nice balcony overlooking the river.

They were a bit mean with the amount of towels. Wifi had tendency to drop out.

Large comfortable room with good view over the lake. Great swimming pool.

Excelent hotel, keep its service

I gave a note that I want twin bed but, they ignore it. But its ok, they upgrade my room

Excelent service, when it doesnt have room that I choosen, they upgarde my room with fix money.

Unique Hotel.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Many of the breakfast buffet dishes were Chilli which was limiting for me... Wifi username/password time limit of only 24 hrs... so, I had to get new ones everyday.. Uber/Grab services are needed as it's not that safe to walk around late at night I guess..

Lap swimming pool was really amazing.. the room was really big with a private balcony... some very elegant design.. Wifi was dependable and fast... Breakfast buffet has lots of vegetarian options and deserts were really good... Free Espresso available too.. Staff are always smiling, helpful and very polite.. Hotel location in the north of Jakarta is relatively close to Mall of Indonesia "MOI" and also to the famous "Anchor" area... I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel... Thank you Sun Lake team .. :()).

Good ,big space bed room. Nice hotel with good pool
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Need more space in restaurant for breakfast, so we do not need long waiting..

Bed Room space is great, swimming pool good. Break fast ok. Thanks. PAUL.

Bad service ever

Noise frm next Room or coridor .....bad service at breakfast No food at all with expensive price we hv to pay...limited menu and place to sit

Nice good food ....comfort bed.....No noise frm next Room, easy Parking, easy to get Room up grade

fair enough place to stay
    • Royal Suite

the guy at the receptionist can't smile at all and unprofessional serving, and very2 bad noise in the night from cross of the hotel, that horrible music thru the balcony window/door

bed was good, bathroom was good, and the beautiful balcony, love it

Sunlake Hotel has a good location in Jakarta and is a comfortable hospitality.

The Wifi system should be improved when it is not stable (eg. come in or out of Main Entry, in or out the Lift, in our or the swimming area, etc...) and ask many time to sign in again and again with the complicated code (eg. m53033, pass 4877).

The hotel has a big sharing area (ground, lobby, swimming pool, gym...) and the room is enough large. The location is a good point.

Service by staff at counter is very good.
    • Executive Triple Room

I was on in hotel for 2 days,first day everything was ok but next day they have not given towel etc till 2300hrs,same was given after reminding.

Service by staff at counter is very good.

Sweet stay

All people were so nice with me except one of the guys of the reception, the shorter and older one who was rude with me and he asked me for my credit card and he retained 2 millions without explanation and without showing me the receipt which he keeped in his pocket, the situation was strange and he was impolite when I ask him to show me what he was doing. Latter I got the explanations from another of the young guys in the reception that it was as guaranty . The bathroom had a bath, what I thought was cool it was a mess when taking the shower because the water go out everywhere.

The room was so huge, and the bed it was very very confortable. The room service had some mistakes but mostly it was very good. The room has balcony which is always nice. The installations are quite nice, good swimming pool and gym, also there is sauna. The breakfast has a lot of choices between western and Asian food.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Allow wifi In entire hotel. And make plug beside bed that someone can charge mobile.
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Wifi system, every time you enter to room you have to log in and wifi was not working outside the room, and also there was no plug with bed for charging mobile which uncomfortable.

Mostly every thing.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Dont book a room over looking the lake if you want to sleep
    • Executive King Room

If you book a room over looking the lake be prepared for the music from the other properties near to hotel, things seem to wind down about 3am but it doesn't make for a good nights sleep

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

But overall is best
    • Deluxe Triple Room

Wifi service every time need password and login often, so wifi not good

Location & honestly, we given our dress for washing we get back our money which forgot in my pocket that get with laundry

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

AVOID AT ALL COSTS
    • Special Offer - Min 4 Nights Room selected at check in

Do not for one second consider staying at this horrendous place. I travel often and have stayed at hundreds of hotels. Never before have I felt compelled to write such a negative review. The hotel staff are incredibly rude and the place feels as if it is being run by the local mafia. I felt violated by my experience. Rooms are dated and dirty - at best a 3.5 star hotel and certainly never 5 star (!!) - and the location is extremely poor. Sometimes an hour in a taxi (and frequently more than $10 each way) through the Jakarta traffic just to get to the city centre.

The breakfast is the only good thing in what is the most awful hotel imaginable

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

FRIENDLY STAFF, NICE SPA AND GOOD FOOD PRICE OF FOOD IS LITTLE HIGH

THE MASSAGE IN THE ROOM NOT GOOD. BUT IF YOU TAKE MASSAGE IN THE SPA OF THE HOTEL ..IT IS VERY GOOD AS IT HAS MANY FACILITIES THERE. NO HAND TOWEL IN THE ROOM . NO ELECTRIC IRON IN THEROOM. NO SHAVING RAZOR OR ANY BODY LOTION WAS AVAILABLE IN THE TOILET .

FOOD ....ESPECIALLY IN THE COFFE SHOP AND KOREAN CUSISNE. SPA WAS GOOD . SPA IS GOOD . VIEW OF THE HOTEL IS GOOD ROOMS ARE ABNORMALLY VERY VERY BIG

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

ROOMS WERE BIG.

SERVICE WAS VERY SLOW.....ITS AN OLD HOTEL...THEY NEED TO REFUBNISH THE TIOLETS, TOWELS, EVERYTHING NEEDS TO BE CHANGED......YES ITS CHEAP BUT I WOULD RATHER PREFER TO PAY MORE AND STAY IN A GOOD HOTEL

ROOMS WERE BIG.............

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

Indian Restaurant in the Hotel

Very far from City Centre Very Far from Airport 36Kms No nearby walkable area

Indian Restaurant in the Hotel Indian food in the buffet breakfast menu Big Rooms

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

Decent quality comfortable hotel, but some adjustments needed

The safety box was located at ankle level, in a cupboard with no light. It was impossible to read the instructions at ground level, and impossible to deposit or remove items without getting down on hands and knees. Apart from that, the box didn't work, and had to be replaced, which took 3 phone calls.

Spacious and comfortable room, with a small balcony. Decent - but not outstanding - breakfast selection, although the tea was not hot.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

I always prefer Sun Lake because of the Indian restaurant...
    • Executive King Room

I always prefer Sun Lake because of the Indian restaurant QUEEN'S. For Indian vegeterians this is a best place to stay and work. Its also near by J I Expo centre so any one attending any event or exhibition there, its a nice place to check in.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

No towel and no light.

No towel and no light. When i enter to room that is no light, very bad. Untill enginer came then there is light. When i finish shower i just know that there is no towel in my room. Ooouuugggggggg...

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Best Hotel with Option of Indian Food.
    • Special Offer - Min 4 Nights Room selected at check in

Hotel with reasonable tariff, Indian Food, Swimming Pool, Running facility near by and 24 hour taxi services makes this hotel all time favorite for us.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Confortable hotel at a suitable and reachable location in Jakarta
    • Special Offer - Min 2 Nights Room selected at check in

Clean towels may take a long time and repeated requests. Loud music in the late evenings in front of the hotel and older guests bringing in young prostitutes

Room confort and breakfast were nice. View on lake with water skiing is quite unique. Swimming pool is clean, well maintained and protected.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

- This 5 star hotel is very value for money

the taste of breakfast was good, but lack of variety

- This 5 star hotel is very value for money - Bigger room than any othe hotel - Luxurios furniture - Complete facility - Cozy and very private

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Old hotel. Big rooms. Fast wifi.

Didn't include breakfast. The hotel is quite old and worn. Also, I booked a room with a balcony and view of the lake but was instead given a room facing the other side.

Big, BIG rooms. Super fast wifi.

Nice view
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast not really good, two days in a row without changing menu.

Hotel is clean, the view to the lake is very good.

hotel with big rooms
    • Ambassador Suite

location , too much traffic

clean and big room

Singapore Hotel not good .
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

Singapore Hotel not good . Very poor. Very bad . Can you manage return my money?

Close to airport

WiFi connection so bad and the toilet was so dirty and construction early in the morning with a lot of noise

Close to airport

big room, recommended for family with young children.
    • Deluxe Triple Room

big room, recommended for family with young children.

Need to improve the shower and need to put toilet was tap ...
    • Executive King Room

Need to improve the shower and need to put toilet was tap thats all

I booked for deluxe room. Bed is big and suitable for family with 2 kids
    • Deluxe Twin Room

Room design and bed need to update

Room is big,suitable for family.

Excellent value
    • Ambassador Suite

Always a friendly welcome

Staff especially hotel managers

Far from CBD

Staff especially hotel managers

very very good

fine decor menu courteous staff

Was upgraded to a bigger room

Rooms are good

friendly persons

the traffic

friendly persons

It is the best Hotel for Indians as it serves Indian...

It is the best Hotel for Indians as it serves Indian Breakfast and spacious rooms to stay.

Very good, and will defenatly stay there again!

It was a fairly strong smell of previous cigarette smoking in the room. Carpet/curtains should have been cleaned.

Good Breakfast

Good Breakfast

N/a

Good

Good facility and big room
    • Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

A bit old but it's very nice!

Large rooms, swimming pool and good value for money

In North Jakarta, quite a long way from the centre of this big city.

Large rooms, swimming pool and good value for money

room big

breakfast was not good for 4 stars hotel . in room coffee and tea they dont replace furnture remain old as 10 years ago

room big

Overall I am happy and would rcommend to others and will stay again if I visit Jakarta gain
    • Deluxe Twin Room

the building is somewhat old, but never mind because services are very good and price matches

everything

Overall Good

Not Applicable.

Nice Lake View. Overall Hotel Experience is Good.

Better to find another hotel
    • Executive King Room

Old bathroom, not really clean, breakfast not teasty, omelette preparation much earlier was cold and unteasty

Second room was quiet

Front desk not so polite

Front desk not so polite

Bigger room, there is a balcony so I can smoke

no basement for parking car

Bigger room, there is a balcony so I can smoke

Close to the lake but far from shops.

Noise from outside. Parking is not free.

Bigger room

Bigger room

Good show

Comfort, food & service

Good to share my freinds to stay with you at Sunlake Hotel

The Christmas tree in the lobby 🎄

The Christmas tree in the lobby 🎄

Luxury at a low price

Very plush

Indian food for breakfast and Queens restaurant for having...
    • Special Offer - Min 3 Nights Room selected at check in

Indian food for breakfast and Queens restaurant for having Indian food is awesome benefit.

Browse Sunlake Hotel traveller photo gallery