Reviews of The Rani Hotel & Spa 3 stars

#61 of 248 hotels in Kuta

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Great value
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

Breakfast was very good but basic

This is one of the best low cost hotels I’ve stayed at Everything worked it was spotless clean and the room was quite big

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

I like the location, staff throughout the hotel were very...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The beds were very hard, nothing you can do about this. Every night was uncomfortable. Previous occupants food still outside the room when we arrived.

I like the location, staff throughout the hotel were very friendly.

The hotel was brilliant, the staff were amazing!
    • Special Offer - Two Units Deluxe Rooms

The hotel was brilliant, the staff were amazing! Nothing was too much trouble for them. The breakfast spread was also fantastic, with plenty of variety and options throughout our entire stay. The staff were more than happy to help us with anything we needed. And the room cleaners often left surprise towel animals on our beds for an added touch of amazing! The spa was also fantastic! Brilliant value for money, and professional at all times.

Great location and vibe in Kuta
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Once they didn't clean our room and I had to call reception to get it done. (That was no problem, though, and they immediately saw to it that it got done). The toilet wasn't 100% clean either.

The staff was super friendly and very helpful. The breakfast was absolutely wonderful. The poolside was amazing, they also didn't mind you sitting around the pool after hours. The rooms were nice and big with a balcony. Water is given to each room everyday. The location was also nice, very close to the markets and restaurants.

Very warm friendly staff who are very attentive and made our stay very relaxing.

Nothing to fault here

Friendly staff, clean, tidy, all the little things like 2 x water bottles each day. Servicing of the rooms. The Day Spa was fantastic too.

Rani Stay Aug 2018
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

The position of the TV in the room which was blocked by the net curtain. Not really an issue though.

Room was fantastic. Very spacious. Breakfast was great and facilities were excellent.

Great location, great hotel, wonderful staff.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Pleasantly surprised with Rani Hotel & Spa. Staff so attentive and friendly. Rooms so clean. Breakfast and restaurant food were great. We will be back..

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Very dirty
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Poo on outside of toilet, moldy shower curtain spider webs every where inside of fridge dirty Rustling noise behind walls dirty floors and walls

Staff location

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

pretty good, but other guests not so good

Bed was way too hard

Value for money, staff were good, breakfast good lots of variety, nothing to do with Rani, but other guests pretty inconsiderate and rude

NOT WORTH IT TO STAY HERE!!!!!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

this hotel is pathetic!! 1st day i arrived in the hotel they checked me in to the room that wasn't on my request. i got a twin room with a baby cot where i want a full bed with a baby cot and extra pillow. and they have to moved me again to different room. in the 4th days the AC was not cool enough but the engineer already fixed it. the 6th days the same problem happened again to the AC and i was sleeping with not cool room which pissed me off and they cant do anything as it late night. the next day i was complaining about the AC to the reception and they said they will move me to different room with a check out status (i was so shocked) they told me to check out from the room and they will check me in at 2pm and i have to packed my stuff again. when i was in different hotel the case is much better, they dont have to checked me out n checked me in at 2pm. the 3rd weeks my back door's handle was snapped *sigh* ! the staff there not really friendly, they treat local guest and western guest so different. more greeting to western guest than local and this is not nice. i have no idea how they built the hotel with so many stairs at the front.. how can a parent with a baby stroller can go up and down anytime they want? also for the disable guest, how can they go up and down with the wheelchair? and they dont have access for it. the staff in the restaurant really need to practice their service to the guest. this hotel dont have kids menu haha i was so surprised! the value of the food is a bit expensive for a bowl of soto ayam was 65K without rice. the breakfast is boring for long stay guest like me. it was unpleasant stay for 22days in this hotel. for someone who wants to stay in this hotel i suggest you to think twice or dont stay for long.

The breakfast buffet included was lovely.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We chose to stay at the Rani for one night as we had a lay-over between Bali and Lombok and it seemed like a good option close to the airport. As budget travelers the room we booked was out of our usual price range but we decided to treat ourselves for a comfortable night. I had set our arrival time between 14:00-15:00 and when we arrived around 15:00 our room was not yet ready and the front desk staff made us wait for over half an hour without any reasonable explanation. Our room smelled heavily of smoke, had a dirty floor and stained sofa.

The breakfast buffet included was lovely. There were local delicacies as well as many Western regulars on offer.

Nice hotel, clean rooms 😁
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

Situation of the pool shady, not much Sun. Staff never collected my room service dishes on every occasion. Dishes left outside until I'd take them to the kitchen.

Rooms were clean, pool also. Breakfast was good with a variety of foods to choose from. Security staff were very helpful.

Fabulous and cannot wait to book again this stay was every bit as good as the first time ❤️💐
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There was nothing we didn't like

The front desk was fabulous in helping us as there were four of us they made sure we had a joining rooms Breakfast was a really good choice and staff very helpful and friendly This was my 2nd stay there and certainly won't be my last. This hotel is a great place for women holidaying together as it is central and close to the shopping spots also very safe.

A pleasant overnight stay
    • Special Offer - Two Units Deluxe Rooms

This hotel served its purpose for an overnight stay after arriving in Bali. It is a place I could have stayed longer should I have not been heading into the wilds of Bali. This looks like it could be a good holiday hotel.

Staff were great and the Hotel catered for all the things that I require in a property.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Have never stayed in this area before, enjoyed being able to walk to the shopping malls and strolling along the beach. The walk to Legion did not seem that far.

Great location with nice people and affordable.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Only the cushion inside the room need to be replaced.

Location, friendly staff, food and almost everything. Would definitely stay again at Rani for our next trip to Bali, probably end of the year. Recommended.

Overall, the hotels is close to the airport, shops and has a good slection for breakfast.
    • Special Offer - Two Units Deluxe Rooms

I booked 2 rooms each with a cot. When we arrived at 9PM (check in in from 2PM), the cots hadn't been organized. The staff then informed me that there was only 1 cot available. As we had a late flight, I booked a late checkout. Without asking for payment, the swipe card was locked out. BTW, the late checkout cost an exorbitant 40 USD.

Good variety at breakfast

Close to airport, for 1 or 2 night stay is ok!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Need some renovation, starting look old inside the room. Massage Spa place inside the hotel not open until 1pm.

Close to airport, for 1 or 2 night stay is ok! They have what they supposed to have! Beach towel, electric Kettle, tea and coffee and mini bar. Outside the hotel, lots of restaurants and massage spa, walking distance to mall and beach! Shuttle to airport 30,000 pp, better to deal with the taxi driver!

So there was six of us two adults and four kids and we get...
    • Special Offer - Two Units Deluxe Rooms

So there was six of us two adults and four kids and we get two rooms with only two single beds and one king bed so four of us had to try and fit into the single beds which is rediculous then come to checkout the transport was late which made us late to the airport

Value for money, i will stay there again 👌🏽
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The ventilation fan in the bathroom was broken and all the smells went inside the room. When we reported this to the staff, they said :"it's normal". 😒

Everything is fair enough and ok,

Good value Short walk to Lippomart & Discovery
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

Limited pool lounges but people went out & didn’t reserve them for the day The payment system Thru bookings.com I was told to pay the hotel direct but when I left the hotel had already charged my credit card I had booked for friends as well & I was charged for their room too

Clean nice rooms good breakfast & great staff

good location for one night, near airport
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotelbuilding needs major renovation and painting. Because it looks tired the atmosphere is also a bit grimm/depressing. The staff on the other hand are friendly. So it's the building that needs care and new energy.

Location. CAUTION: To the airport it's only 30 rupiah by a blue bird taxi so please, don't be cheated like we we're coming to Bali and paying 250 to a con artist taxi driver (not bluebird taxi).

We had a pleasant stay & would recommend this hotel for location & value for money
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

Lovely pool but could do with more sun beds

We had a poolside ground floor room It was very Clean & comfortable Great breakfast & great location The staff were helpful & friendly Good value

Great position, friendly staff, breakfast variety no problem. Only let-down is the facilty.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Towels were horrible, need to be thrown out, hard, not white anymore smelled like bleach. Toilet was leaking, had to put a towel in front of it. Aircon leaked onto floor had to put a towel to catch the drips so not to slip on tiles. Staff were informed but no attempt to fix either. Pool furniture horrible, sun umbrellas all mouldy. The whole of building can do with a really good freshen up.

breakfast variety no problem. Mattress a bit on the hard side, but ok.

Enjoyable Fun Relax
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Credits to the all Bali Rani staff! We really had a great vacation. Me and my wife were upgraded to the bigger room decorateed with the honeymoon roses with pool access. Thank you bali Rani! Really appreaciate it. This hotel ia highly recommended. Very near to discovery mall. Foods were nearby. Definately Will stay at this hotel for our next trip

Good if you need to get fast to the airport.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The facility It's kinda old, the bed instead of being a king size bed it was 2 single beds put together. it wasn't really clean. I found a spider in my pillow.

It's really near to the airport. and the staff is really nice amd helpfull. The breakfast is ok.

Value for money with good breakfast and pool.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We requested an airport pickup which did not arrive so had to run the gauntlet of greedy taxi drivers who were all demanding IDR200k (hotel is not far). We chose a guy who offered 100k and gave him 150k for his honesty.

The room was spacious and quiet on the 3rd floor (lift) and overlooked the swimming pool. Good choice at breakfast and the pool was lovely to relax by. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Also lots of massage places which were a lot cheaper than the packages being offered by the hotel.

Worth for your money and great location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There's a lot of ants at buffet counter during breakfast. It happened every day throughout our 5 days staying there. No umbrella provided during rainy days. Other than that, everything is fine for us.

The room was spacious and really worth for money! The staff are all friendly and helpful. Buffet selections is a lot (from Indonesian food to western) and the porridge is yummy. The spa selections is very cheap and you should try the massage! Location is very near to the airport and also restaurants.

Basic three star hotel with perfect location and lovely staffs
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I really have nothing to complain, I liked everything

The rooms are huge, good for family with kids, perfect location surrounded by spa, massage, shopping mall, bank, 24hr market, laundry....breakfast is nice, staffs are so friendly and helpful, I feel very worm welcomed during our stay

Great value, convenient location, a pleasant surprise!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Large comfortable rooms, large bathroom with bath, terrace, good pool, good selection at the breakfast buffet, good service, convenient location. A little dated but that really did not worry us as everything worked fine. Bar fridge and kettle in the room. Overall very good value for money.

Great clean comfortable hotel in a perfect location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

My daughter missed have towel animals on the bed

The ground floor pool rooms are huge. The rooms are very clean. The staff are friendly and the pool is also clean. Room service was great too

Our stay was purely for rest and relaxation which was achieved.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The beds were very hard and quite uncomfortable. The décor is quite dated and a little worn and could do with some recovering or cleaning

The staff were definitely a bonus10/10. The location was good. Good value for money for budget conscious holiday makers.

This is really a very good property with proximity of locations with good amenities.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

As such there is nothing that i and my family didn't like during our stay. Everything was perfect for us in the hotel.

The first thing i liked was bed size as we are 2+1 (9 yrs) and still it was fully comfortable for all of us. I am 100% vegetarian and still found good vegetarian options in the break fast which was complimentary.Location of the hotel is really very good with proximity to multiple Indian restaurants and other malls. To me it was really a value for money deal. A small suggestion for the hotel is, if they can provide complimentary airport drop (like they provide complimentary airport pick up), it will be very good for their part but any way overall it is really a very pleasant experience for me and my family staying in the The Rani hotel and we would like to book them again in our next trip.

If you are a vegetarian, you would get a good breakfast in...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

If you are a vegetarian, you would get a good breakfast in the hotel only. Staff was really helpful. They had all the modern facilities & what attracted me most is "Mini Bar" in the room. ;)

Ok, but there are better options in the area for similar orice.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Some renovation needed to bring up to standard. Peeling paintwork in corridors. Bathrooms in need of upgrade, towels grey and worn.

Good location close to shopping malls. Good sized clean rooms. Adequate brekfast.

Great hotel for a fantastic holiday

Having to leave

Great location pool was fantastic . The restaurant food was well presented and tasty. The staff could not do enough for us. Room was airy, clean and comfortable. Very quiet and sitting looking over the pool was fantastic. Will stay again

Awesome location..crazy bustling city traffic out front, floating blissfully, quiet in pool out back
    • Special Offer - Three Units Deluxe Rooms

We requested Family/connecting rooms - 4 children. Due to fully booked hotel, had triangle connections with rooms on L2, L3 and L4 with kids yelling over the pool at each other...which they enjoyed. Don't think other guest appreciated it ..though kids thought it was great! Morning crew forgot to order our Shuttle to Airport hmmm :( :(

Location, location, friendly staff, yum breakfast and loved the local stall holders and laundry across the road. Kids learnt to barter and had a great time with stall holders.

The best place to stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It's absolutely perfect! Big room with an enormous bed and all the facilities you could imagine. The staff was super friendly and polite. Localisation was ideal, on the street with shops, restaurants, and spa. Up to 5 min. to the beach. Beautiful breakfast- buffet style, loads to choose from. Strongly recommended to everyone :)

Pool not as in the photos
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The pool was a disapointment as it was very dark with hardly any sun due to the courtyard design surounded by the tall buildings around it. Luckly the hotel allowed us to use the pool at their other hotel which was down the road.

Clean with good breakfast. The hotel alliwed us to use the pool at their other site Bali Rani Hotel

Very good location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not so responsive to booking emails or inquiries Confusing rules on paid airport pick up vs genius perks privileges. Need to clarifiy in advance with the hotel's of faith

Very good location Courteous and helpful staff Nice veranda

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

They did not want to honor the discounts that Bookings.
    • Special Offer - Two Units Deluxe Rooms

They did not want to honor the discounts that Bookings.com included in the booking eg the 20% of food and beverage. I had to agrue on check out. And still they didn't give the full discount on all items! And i had it in wtiting!!!

Friendly and helpful staff...
    • Special Offer - Two Units Deluxe Rooms

The toilets need more cleaning. Rooms are a bit dark. And there is a leak in the aircon in my kids' room. Pools water is a bit cold too. Prices of foods in the restaurant are reasonable, however, adding the tax and service charge, prices become a bit high. :(

Staff service is awesome. Hotel staff in general, are very helpful. Foods in the restaurants are average. I like 'Bebek Goreng', it was served crispy- yummy. My kids love the steak too. Shops, restaurants and shopping malls are close to the hotel.

Clean, close to airport, but brief stay only.
    • Deluxe Connecting

The interconnecting rooms have a view of a brick wall. Mattress like a rock. Wifi very inconsistent. Staff tried to help, but one day it works, the next not at all. The pool just amongst concrete, not somewhere you want to relaxe by, however is very clean. Booking.com says airport transfer for genius level, but was informed by email not possible. On staying there, they could do it. While very clean and staff awesome, better value elsewhere.

The staff were fabulous. So many things I wasn't happy with and they did all they could to accommodate. The rooms were very clean. Pool, while completely shaded by buildings was clean. Breakfast standard mix, but fine. Very close to airport, and spotless, would recommend for stay prior to leaving. Late check out to 6 available at 50%room rate. Will secure luggage.

we had a great time

Staff were really nice

been able to use the facilities at the Bali Rani we thought we had booked there not realizing there was too but good for the money x

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Had a ball.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Extremely large room, everything in the room to make you comfortable. Breakfast covered everything you would what. Staff ready to do anything for you. Grounds kept clean and pool lovely. We will be back to this hotel.

Excellent Hotel for the price Great location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

There wasn't anything really to complain about other than maybe some of the bath towels were in need of replacing.

The property is in a great location with a very friendly staff. The breakfast has a good selection more than I expected for the cost of the hotel. The transfers to and from the airport were excellent.

Good size rooms with friendly and helpful staff
    • Deluxe Connecting

We booked 2 rooms which interconnected and one of the rooms was too cold and the temperature could not be adjusted. The bath towels were very old and had black marks on it. Breakfast was ok but could be better.

The staff were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were a good size.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Nice stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff don't show you your room or take your luggage to your room

Good breakfast, decent size room, our air conditioning was broken but someone came and fixed it.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

All in all it was pleasant stay exceeding my expectations.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Wifi is very very poor. The bath and face towels should be replaced with new ones.

I have booked for The rani Bali hotel but I have stayed at Bali Rani Hotel. So my experience and review is relating to Bali Rani Hotel. The hotel location is good. The breakfast is also good. The room is large with comfortable bed. The pool and food court are good. The staffs were very helpful, friendly and polite I can remember one of them Mr Budi. My check in was very smooth thank to the manager in duty Mr. Alit.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Well located and 99% of the staff were friendly.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Couldn't get a bucket of ice to our room ever.

Well located and 99% of the staff were friendly. Pool was nice but wouldn't be enough seats to go around if busier.

We found the Rani was in a great spot.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We found the Rani was in a great spot. We could walk to everything that we needed. Taxi's at the front door when needed and restaurants everywhere.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Intimate friendly no frills hotel
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Colder air conditioning would be good. Bathroom towels need upgrading(new towels)

The staff are fabulous! Great communication and very attentive to your needs. This is my second stay and have always found the entire hotel immaculately clean. Pool is lovely. Would stay here again and again. :)

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

Staff at the restaurant was not friendly
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

I like the reception staff they very nice.

The staff at The restaurant was BAD, I came and no body say good morning or anything, and I keep waiting with my 2kids to be seated but every one just busy them self, what make me not happy is they do welcoming the foreigners but not me (a local,) and they ask if they want tea or coffee but when I ask the tea he just kind of o k with no smile like he did to others, feeling 😒 annoying

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Excellent value for money!
    • Deluxe Connecting

The wifi was very slow at times.

The rooms were spacious with good air conditioning. The breakfast was excellent with a good variety to choose from and the staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

Comfortable stay at the right price
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing that I didn't like.

Staff were friendly and welcoming however, they lacked communication skills when it came to making spa bookings and vehicle transfers. Restaurant staff and room staff were all great however, one day our room was not made up

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Great value for money in central location
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Shower pressure is very weak but that's my only complaint!

Great location, central to everything you need in and around Kuta / Tuban. Staff are really excellent, friendly, helpful. Rooms comfortable, good air con, nice balcony.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Quiet small hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Quiet small hotel. Staff very friendly and accommodating to needs. Walking distance to all major shopping malls. Great value for money . Pool refreshing and clean. Day spa is brilliant. Will stay again

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

Good location but be careful of phone calls to your room
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

I recieived a fake phone call at my room through the hotel phone. The caller claimed she was from the Bali Tourist Office and I was a randomly chosen winner of free one-week holidays in but was actually from a telemarketer for a real estate property. This hotel is apparently a scam target or has some association as the telemarketer called my room through the hotel and knew my personal information.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Got a free upgrade to a suite room.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

Got a free upgrade to a suite room. Loved the facilities in the room. Pool was lovely and whole place was very clean. Breakfast was great.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Was very comfortable for one night stay.

Children in the pool to early before 7.30 am

Was very comfortable for one night stay.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Quiet and strategic hotel in busy street
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not mention halal food in restourant's menu

Quiet place for rest considering in busy street

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Satisfaction.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

Without Ceiling Fan at Lobby.

Relaxation...

Clean room, good location.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It was better than I expected. Clean room and good breakfast was advantage of this hotel.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

lovely Staff, clean and safe.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

Very good location,great staff. Hotel is clean and safe,bed was comfy. Breakfast is wonderful,lots to choose from.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Good , clean and friendly , favorite on my list hotel .

Good , clean and friendly , favorite on my list hotel .. 😁

Room are spacious, thank you to the hotel for decorating my...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Not suitable for muslim to stay as they serve pork

Room are spacious, thank you to the hotel for decorating my honeymoon bed

Overall it was ok but a bit out of the way but the staff are amazing
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Pool was in shade to much of the day and there wasn’t enough sun beds. Bed in the room was uncomfortable

The people were lovely

Good location - center of Kuta, near both airport and...
    • Special Offer - Two Units Deluxe Rooms

Need some renovation in rooms

Good location - center of Kuta, near both airport and shopping, restaurants etc.

Everything else except the beds.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The beds were a bit lumpy and needed more pillows.

Everything else except the beds.

Apart fro showers. Which I nearly fell it was good
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Would prefer to have showers instead of bath for our age and for children

Not a thing

Good food and cocktails
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Good food and cocktails Friendly and helpful staff

Will probably not stay again as the staff were not as friendly as other places we have stayed.

Service was bad

I’ll be making the Rani my regular stay from now
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room with Pool Access

There wasn’t anything really not likeable about the Rani that couldn’t be forgiven

Room size breakfast was great

excellent!