Reviews of Absolute Hotel Limerick 4 stars

Sir Harry's Mall, Limerick, Ireland

#1 of 33 hotels in Limerick

See above!!!

Please note , I am disappointed that I have just been notified that this hotel has charged me Twice for my stay!! On my departure I paid with my travel card, and I have just learnt that They have also charged my Amex card as well!! This is not good enough. Please advise hotel to Rescind the Amex charge immediately!!!

No complaints

Good Location. Easy parking off site. Bar & Restaurant staff friendly & efficient. Allowed us have breakfast in the bar to watch Rugby.

• Suite

The beauty & hair salon attached was a huge disappointment. Would not recommend going for treatment there

The suite was lovely and spacious . Lovely bathroom and balcony , 5 min walk from city

• Classic Double Room

I am 1.87 (6ft 2"). The Shower Head is about 1.90; there was plenty of room for it to be higher. The control of the room lights was not good. Few variables and bedside lights did not operate on their own.

Good view from breakfast bar

All good. The reception staff contacted a taxi to give me a tour of Tipperary. The driver was good myself and two ladies from Perth Western Australia will be using him for a day tour of Cork and surrounds.

The rooms were superb and the Irish blend coffee served in a unique stainless steel jug was to my taste among the best I've tasted

• Superior Twin Room

Lighting a little awkward for reading but that's true of SO many hotels and Absolute was better than many.

Comfortable beds, good climate control, quiet, very nice staff.

Can't make up any cons.

Clean, quiet and modern. In the medieval part of the city. Shops and city centre in walking distance. Also a great restaurant in the hotel itself.

• Classic Double Room

Excellent hotel in a great location within easy walking distance of the centre but shielded from the usual city noise. Comfortable beds in large clean rooms. Great shower and coffee machines in all of the rooms.

• Classic Double Room

Make clearer instructions on how to access the parking lot in the future maybe? This is not a criticism of the hotel, just a suggestion. Maybe bigger mugs for coffee as there was only very small cups - espresso size

Very kind and cheerful staff. Beautiful room and a MASSIVE TV. Everyone was helpful. Amazing location.

The food quality in the restaurant wasn’t great. My friend and I had dinner and the food looked good on paper but the execution was poor.

It’s proximity to King Johns castle as we were going to a gig during Riverfest. It’s a little out of town but that was not an issue. The staff were very friendly and the room was comfortable and had plenty of space. It was also lovely and quiet.

I could find very little fault with this hotel. Only thing I could mention is positioning of one particular table and seats in bar area. This table has a tv on wall directly over seating area inside table. It was only table available to us and being hard of hearing I found it difficult to partake in conversation due to noise level of tv.

Great location for shopping and night life without the hustle and bustle of a city center hotel. Staff were so friendly and helpful. Excellent food both evening meal and breakfast. Considering it was so busy on our visit we expected a disturbed nights sleep but this was not the case. We had a fab room overlooking river and an undisturbed sleep in comfy bed. Safe parking and we were within walking distance of main attractions.

No particular concerns.

The staff were excellent - really friendly and helpful. The hotel is bright and modern. The room was spacious, spotless and beautifully decorated. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was well laid out with a nice shower. The hotel is very centrally located and would make a great base to explore Limerick.

• Suite

The suite was quit cold, we could not heat it. shower water was very hot but the bath water was not hot at all. Other than this, everything was fantastic.

• Classic Twin Room

The restaurant was very disappointing we went for food on the evening of our stay we both ordered the burgers and fries. They came and the triple cooked chips were raw, my burger was ok a little pink in the middle but I ate most of the burger. I did not eat the raw chips. My husbands burger was bright red in the middle and he had only one bite. His chips were also raw. The waiter asked us if the food was ok and we advised him of the problems. Raw chips and raw burger. He apologised and offered us a free drink, I was totally shocked so declined the drink paid the bill and left. I really wish I asked for the chips and 1 burger to be taken off the bill which the waiter should have offered. Lovely hotel but may need to invest in a better chef and waiting staff in the restaurant 😒

We were made to feel very welcome from the second we walked in the door. The hotel is lovely.

• Classic Twin Room

The weather😬not your fault!!!!

The staff are exceptionally friendly. The rooms are fabulous and comfortable. The restaurant and bar food is excellent. Very central also

• Superior Twin Room

Was expensive, but was staying there for the Munster match . So suppose all hotel were expensive. Only down side regarding this amazing hotel , is no leisure centre

Room is straight up amazing. Great bar and restaurant. Very nice comfortable hotel.

• Superior Twin Room

Parking wasn't great. Room lighting and aircon somewhat niggly. Restaurant offers confused. €50 for two for 3 course v €50 for two with wine if prebooked but prebooked offer not on web!

The restaurant was really good and the location was ideal for us.

• Classic Double Room

restaurant serves re-heated food, look at there corporate info fresh every day ingredient's !!! they need a chef not a cook (microwave) service in places was terrible, they are to interested in there corporate image and forget to do the basics, 100 yards down the road The Lock Pub excellent food the kitchen staff should all go there for one meal and see how it should be done.

There was not one thing that I would change.

We had room 411 it was wonderful, surprised to find a balcony. The bed was huge could of fit the whole family! The staff were wonderful, nothing was to much, treated us like family. I will definitely stay there again.

The rain shower looked lovely but the shower head was very low for my husband and not adjustable, the plug sockets at either side of the bed were tricky to access.. you needed to get down on the floor and get in under the side table. The breakfast was disappointing.... cold plates, and particularly anemic rashers of bacon, the do it yourself tossyer meant that food was even colder by the time we got to eat it, also we were almost finished our food by the time our tea and coffee arrived. However the quality of the food was good. The car park was tiny and full on our arrival... the overflow car park across the road is charged for

Lovely funky modern hotel, the room was beautiful bright spacious , spotless. Beef was very comfortable.

• Classic Double Room

The after hours room service was horrific. I couldn't get my toasted sandwich off of the skewer... I was best man for a wedding the next day, arrived late and could have done with a nice meal. I cant believe i had to pay for what I got. I don't think I'd like to go here if I had to work late.

Very quick and easy

'Superior room' booked, but on road (non river) side of the hotel. Traffic noise was loud and disturbing. The name of the hotel is very misleading. To call it a Hotel Spa is a complete misnomer. Despite claiming to have spa and wellness facilities, it has none actually. No spa, sauna or wellness.. just an expensive beauty treatment salon. And none of it is included, except for a very average gym. Whilst there I overheard the reception desk fielding many enquiries about the same issue. Absolute Hotel .. really, please stop misleading people and remove spa from your name.

Location by the river is excellent. View from the breakfast restaurant a highlight.

• Classic Twin Room

Breakfast menu was quite basic.

The food in the restaurant was excellent and very reasonably priced. The room was large and well equipped - Nespresso machine, plenty of seating and a very well appointed shower room with good quality toiletries.Breakfast

The weather😁

The room was fantastic. Comfortable, spacious, perfect. The staff were fantastic, all over the hotel. The bar food was excellent.The location excellent. The taxis in Limerick were friendly and interested in people. Everything, I will be back

• Classic Double Room

Slight variation on Bar menu would be good - it remains the same

Quite and comfortable and the size is good for my needs - staff excellent also - I stay there quite a lot

• Classic Double Room

Room was fabulous & spacious with a river view. We got an upgrade on check in. Really friendly reception staff. Nice bar food and good service. Would stay again.

The only slight critucism is we went to the bar/restarunt at 4pm to find we couldnt order from the bar menu until after 5pm as they were only serving the set lunch menu

Fantastic hotel stayed in a superior room which was great value.

N/a

General Manager made our stay extra special again second time round. I had visited the hotel in Oct while attending my now sister in laws hen. I have such a lovely experience I decided to return with friends to celebrate my 40th Birthday. The complimentary glass of Prosecco at dinner on Sat was very much appreciated and I know my friends are planning to return with their families in the future as am I. Thank You so very much. Dee Williams GOREY, Wexford

• Classic Double Room

The hotel was gorgeous really modern and colourful and clean...the staff were lovely they were so friendly...we got upgraded to a suite which was gorgeous definitely be staying here again

• Classic Double Room

Windows in the room were a hair too thin, as we could hear the traffic going by and the local church bells that rang vigorously at 9:45 pm for some reason or another. Shower door was a little off kilter and that led to some extra water on the floor of the bathroom.

A very clean and modern property. The location was very close to the downtown area- 10 minute walk to the main drag through town. Secured parking garage for our car. Checkin took all of 3 minutes. Room was ready and we went up to our 4th floor king bed room. Nicely appointed in a modern vibe. Bed was a single mattress, sheets were a little strangely woven but slept comfortably enough. Not a full property during our stay- might have been the only person on our floor as I didn’t hear anything from the hallway at night. Bar was a cool spot to hang out later in the evening for a quick drink. Didn’t try the breakfast offering as we went into town to try a cafe instead. But for €12.50 it looked like a nice spread of items.

• Classic Double Room

The shower was quite temperamental, with the slightest of movements resulting in the shower being too hot or too cold. The lighting in the bar could be a little softer.

Parking availability was great. Hotel was clean and warm throughout, with the staff very friendly and accommodating. The location is excellent and is easily within walking distance of the city centre. Would highly recommend the location.

• Classic Double Room

Central location which is easy accessible from airport. Staff were friendly and the room was spacious. Bed was comfortable and TV was good size with large selection of channels.

• Superior Twin Room

The beds are uncomfortable for some reason. I prone to have back pains, maybe that's why, but I guess some new mattresses would be nice. Also, the restaurant is pretty mediocre for it's price.

Close to other restaurants, easy to get around Limerick. Train station is basically next to it, was easy to meet up my friends. The room was nice, the coffee machine, tea, and water heater was a much welcomed extra. Room service came within a hour, and aforementioned consumables got refilled without question.

• Classic Twin Room

Parking very tight , Restaurant tried booking but couldn't get dinner , And they wouldn't hold a table in bar , so they lost out on dining for 4 , No Apologies

Rooms were lovely , Spacious and Clean .,Staff really nice

No real negatives

Access to parking, quality of room and wonderful level of comfort. Excellent value for money compared to other hotels in its price category.

• Classic Double Room

The car park underneath was way to small bit enough spaces had to park on the street away from the hotel was not happy about that and had to pay extra for it. The showers were not not.The beds were way to hard.

The breakfast in the morning was very well set up and catered for everyone

Bathroom hand-basin had a faulty stopper which rendered it useless.

We had a fine spacious room which felt quite luxurious. The bathroom facilities were excellent. Tea & Coffee making facilities but the biggest hit was the full-Irish breakfast. The breakfast in the Absolute is second to none - great variety, great quality and excellent attention from the staff.

• Suite

The room [suite] that we booked was fabulous, it was so comfortable and we had so much space. I also loved the little area/balcony, just a shame the sun wasn't shining! Hotel was in a great location very handy to get to main streets in Limerick.

• Suite

Cons: Leather couch in the room had rips/tears. Room too dimly-lit. Outlet by the nightstand was near the floor vs by the nightstand's table top, which was inconvenient. USB chargers would be a great upgrade.

Pros: lovely view of the river; lovely balcony; nice rainforest shower and wide, deep bath; two breakfast options (cold breakfast 8 euro or full, hot breakfast for 10 euro) - the cold breakfast option is an impressive spread of fruits, charcuterie, cheese, yogurt, several granola options, pastries, jams/spreads, etc. Neutral: 11-min walk to downtown Limerick; 40 euro cab ride from Shannon airport

We absolutely loved this hotel. From the friendly reception staff to the fabulous room I rate this hotel a definite 10/10. The bed was huge in our room and extremely comfy and we had a lovely balcony with lovely views of the city. There is an ice machine and vending machine with everything you could need on every floor and I think this is a real added bonus. I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will be staying again soon.

• Classic Double Room

Room upgraded at check in. Large clean comfortable modern room with large bathroom. Tea and coffee making facility well stocked. Located in a quiet area but a short walk to city centre. Wish I could have stayed longer and will stay again.

• Classic Double Room

It can take up to 15 minutes to walk to the centre of Limerick city depending on how busy traffic is. The restaurant portions felt like they were slightly on the smaller side for what we paid.

The hotel was modern, clean and comfortable to stay in. The staff were very friendly. We stayed in a standard double room and it looked exactly like the pictures online, unlike some hotels where rooms can differ from the websites pictures.

• Classic Double Room

They allowed us to check in a bit earlier as we had a graduation. The staff and hotel were amazing, great value for money. The food was lovely and great value for money.

• Suite

Pillows were very hard. Also the reading lights beside the bed didn’t tilt and therefore it was difficult to read in bed.

Breakfast was really good. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Classic Double Room

The room was spacious, comfortable- good bed and pillows(my favorite). Parking was good-secure, off street, and free. Breakfast was good as was restaurant for dinner. Staff was professional and friendly. Location of hotel fabulous.

• Classic Twin Room

Got taxi to venue from lsad 6 euro, my friend has broken foot. Got taxi back to lsad 9 euro..... I work by principals.... also location... beautiful view from bar and bedroom, however reception entrance car park area and surroundings does not gel well with the rest of the hotel

Staff, cleanliness, interior

The key card system. We had to go back three times to the desk to get our key cards reprogrammed as the lift would not read it. But really that was the only minor issue

All the staff that we met were great. Front desk, bar and restaurant. Room was lovely with a king size bed Nice bathroom

• Classic Double Room

We checked in fairly late (travelling by car) and were planning to have a walk through Limerick the next day. It was absolutely no problem to leave the car in the parking lot for a few more hours after checkout while strolling through the city - thanks again, much appreciated!

• Superior Twin Room

I didn't like the thought that the covered car park may not have enough space for us (it did, but works on a first come first served basis). Dinner on the one evening we ate in was average

We stayed in a superior twin room no.504. The room was large although did not benefit from a nice view. This hotel didn't click for us. Nothing wrong with it, but just our least favourite of the 5 southern Irish cities we stayed in over 10 nights. Breakfast was fine.

• Classic Double Room

Location of hotel is not great

Wonderful friendly staff, big bedrooms and bathrooms with all the facilities you need including a Nespresso machine! Easy to navigate hotel with easy access to taxis through the hotel reception.

• Classic Double Room

I was a little annoyed that when we booked in the girl on the reception didn't mention taking payment for the second room. They just took payment for the second room out of my account but the second room was for my friend and she was paying for it out of her own account not mine. Because they took the payment out of my account which took me overdrawn. Luckily my bank text me to inform me and I was able to transfer money to avoid the charges. The receptionist should have asked how we wanted to pay on checking in!!

The room was very very clean and exceptionally roomy.

• Classic Double Room

we were checked in & upgraded to a superior room couldn't fault the staff & the extra touch of a welcome sweets & personalised note welcoming us was lovely.... would def recommend this hotel & will be returning soon

• Suite

Early breakfast option would be desirable due to Shannon Flights to US leave early.

Very spacious room nicely decorated loved terrace and river view. Dinner for 8 in hotel dinning very nice. Wait staff and Manager very Friendly.

• Suite

Considering that I stayed in a suite, would have appreciated a fridge.

The staff very welcoming and friendly. Always willing to help from arranging a taxi to anything else you may need. Spacious room, huge full bathroom with lovely rain shower and very clean. Town / bus stop walking distance. Late checkout BONUS.

• Suite

Breakfast could have been included in the price of the room.

Lovely, friendly staff. Room was amazing - modern and spotless with a lovely view over the river. Would definitely stay here again.

Nothing everything was brilliant, even the secure car parking was free, and easy to get into the hotel from

We loved everything, the room was spacious, clean well appointed with very comfortable bed, the staff were brilliant, the restaurant is one of the best hotel restaurants I have ever dined at, brilliant

• Classic Double Room

Frosted glass door, with no lock, on bathroom/toilet. TV

The receptionist could not have been more pleasant or helpful, she was a real star. Ate in the restaurant and enjoyed it.

Some of the worst pillows I've ever slept on. My room on main street very noisy when cars go by, which appears to be most of the night

The staff truly wanted to be helpful. The secured indoor parking was great.

• Classic Double Room

I don't think I could fault this hotel on any point.

The staff were overtly friendly and accommodating. The hotel location is very central but quiet with some very nice views. Hotel is modern and fun.

• Suite

In one of our rooms there was an objectionable odour from the bathroom floor drain.

We could walk easily to the restaurants. I liked the balconies of our premium rooms.

• Classic Double Room

Lightning in room, you need a science degree and then it's harsh. The lamps over the bed burst into your eyes.

staff very friendly, cuisine excellent, room was excellent, river views

no complaints at all.

The hotel appears to be very new. Everything was in excellent order and staff were friendly and helpful. The room is large and comfortable.

Nothing stands out

The hotel is in a lovely location by the river and as we had a suite we had a balcony overlooking the lock. The room was delightful. The breakfast we had was great.

• Suite

Not able to get food after 10:00pm on a week day.

Great huge room with balcony. Lovely staff and great bar with lively atmosphere and people having a good time!!

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The room was lovely with a real coffee machine and free wifi The bed was comfortable and staff were very friendly The breakfast was very nice

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Classic Double Room

Asked for sandwichs at 10 at night told it stopped at half nine even though it said they could be gotten 24 hours

Lovely setting in bar and breakfast room overlooking the river

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

My partner and I stayed here last night as we have done so 10+ times for multiple nights as we love the hotel and what it has to offer, although this stay was quite the oppisite, we were celebrating my partners birthday and around 6.30 PM we came to realise that the music channels on the TV were not working I called the front desk and was told the problem would be sorted and I would be called back. 30 mins passed and I recieved no call I called again and was told I'd have an update within 10 mins, another 30 mins passed with no call back, I went down to the front desk where one of the non national receptionists was being quite helpful and told us the music channels were working in other rooms but one older (irish) male staff member interrupted our conversation he was quite rude and ignorant and angrily snapped that there was nothing that they could do. (During my last stay in April I had the same problem with the channels but it was resolved by a technician within minutes) I cant see why this couldnt have been done yesterday. It ruined our night and put a downer on the mood. This morning before checkout we went to get some drinks from the vending machine (on the 5th floor outside our room 502) we paid €2.50 per drink and once we checked out and were headed home we realised that the drinks were out of date mine was 3 days out of date and my partners was 2 MONTHS out of date! I have stayed on other floors in the past and its obvious that the 5th floor is not as well maintaned as the others. The service this time was horrendous and I feel very upset about the situation, its sad to think that I now have to find another hotel for my few nights break every couple of months!

This time we stayed the only good thing was the shower!

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Nothing not to like.

Everything was good the hotel is in a good spot, the staff were helpful. The room was very nice & the bed was very comfortable.

• Suite

Tasteful modern decor, great view of the Shannon from our spacious suite's terrace directly beside the river, good food, excellent service. Highly recommended.

• Superior Twin Room

Plugged in an iron which tripped the electricity in the room but it was rectified straight away! Car Park a little small.

Hotel was lovely. Room was big & spacious and staff were very friendly & helpful. Excellent location. Wish I could have stayed longer & would stay again!

• Classic Double Room

Just a fabulous hotel room with a view ...comfy bed , rainfall shower and sleek finish...oh and the nespresso machine in our room which was a very happily welcomed feature .

The Parking is a little tight and disorganized, but was free all weekend! It is not easy to find in a maze of side streets but sat nav just about figured it out

The welcome was great and friendly. Free fruit on arrival as an option. Room was spotless, spacious and very well appointed with full appliances. Ice maker in the hallway next to good vending machine. 2 course dinner for 2 persons with a bottle of wine for €50 - then we had breakfast for €12.50pp with 20% off - all meals were superb. One of the best hotel experiences in a long while. Highly recommended.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Classic Double Room

For a coeliac I would like to see all gluten free cooked breakfast items clearly separated from items with gluten. From the layout at breakfast I think this could easily be done.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Classic Double Room

i didn't rate the breakfast to be honest, very little choice and the cooked breakfast didn't look very appetising. I asked for poached eggs which were a little under done for my taste

Loved the hotel, central, buzzy. Loved the rooms especially the bathroom. The shower was great and the coffee machine an added surprise!

Parking facilities very poor and support from hotel in that regard was also poor. Also very pricey for the facilities and services provided

Great size comfortable room, breakfast very satisfactory, friendly staff, lively atmosphere for weekend stay! Good location.