Reviews of Ard Ri House Hotel

Milltown Road, Tuam, Ireland

#1 of 3 hotels in Tuam

Perfect

Thought there might have been entertainment in the evening in the bar, but this wouldn’t put me off staying again or recommending it

Service, food , staff excellent in every way

Lovely hotel .

Hotel is more or less on the edge of a housing estate so no real gardens grounds or view. Our room was beside a noisy duct and the view was of that noisey duct. Prior to this stay (I have been before!) the hot breakfast was waiter/waitress served from a menu but now it’s a self service hot buffet. I think the older way added a nicer touch to breakfast!!....The hotel was very busy (Galway Race Week!)so I asked should we reserve a table in the bar as we were expecting some relatives to join us for dinner. We were assured we did not need to but on arrival at the restaurant we were told there were no tables available and they were expecting 25 people off a bus!!!!!...we ended up having our meal in the reception area at a makeshift table but I have to say the food was excellent. The lift was out of order and the receptionist said it would be fixed later. My Dad has mobility issues which I pointed out to her. The lift was not fixed that night and it took my 11 year old son and myself some time to get my Dad safely up the stairs. It took huge effort on his part to get up the two flights of stairs to the first floor. Another guest remarked that she could have done with a ground floor room or the lift.

Lovely hotel ...rooms very comfortable and clean but might now be in need of just a slight update. Food excellent as usual. Hotel is a particular favourite of my Dads...we have stayed several times before.

Comfortable

A small fridge in room would have been useful for baby's milk. No need for a single bed as well as double - would have given more space.

Clean and confy room; excellent breakfast: really nice Sunday lunch in restaurant; very friendly and obliging staff: good corridors for toddler to run up and down;

Great hotel.

Biggest letdown was no air con in bedroom. Temp was 32deg. Also paying 66 pounds more getting room through Booking.com for same room.

Great hotel. Staff were great,food wonderful.

Had a nice stay didn't get time to eat there as we were attending Feile matches and gone all day

As I said dining room floor could do with a major clean very sticky

Room Very comfy.. felt dining room could do with a bit of a face lift floor very sticky both mornings !! Nice breakfast

Nice stay and would stay again

We were only there for one night and the plumbing in the toilet wasn't working but there was no point in changing the room at that stage

The food in restaurant was lovely and the staff were nice and pleasant

Good Rooms, and efficient staff. Dining experience needs improvement.

Staff were professional, but seemed to be continuously rushed off their feet and understaffed, so came across as a little sharp and unwilling to engage in any superfluous conversation. The dining experiences on offer were massively confusing, and by far the worst part of my stay. The bar was always full, at both lunch and dinner times, and with no "Wait to be seated" area or Table Numbers, or even any menus on tables, it was impossible for me to work out if it was meant to be table service or an "order at the bar" situation. The lack of anywhere at the bar to seemingly place an order only further confused matters. I decided instead to try the restaurant, but it was deserted. Not a single customer or staff member in sight. Breakfast my first day was a cold buffet, with a menu from which you could order hot food. The second day, there were no menus, but a hot buffet had appeared. Unfortunately the hot buffet contained only eggs and veggies (mushroom, tomato, etc), with no meat in sight. One staff member approached me to ask if I wanted tea or coffee (I did not) and to take my room number, but then I was abandoned for 20 minutes and not once asked if I wanted to order any other hot food. As I left, I noticed other customers had sausages and bacon, so they obviously had better luck than me. This kind of inconsistency and lack of clarity made eating at the hotel way harder than it needed to be, and I resorted to room service instead. The actual food was fine.

The room was excellent. Spacious and very clean.

Told a later time for the breakfast -when we went to...

Told a later time for the breakfast -when we went to request breakfast the following morning was told it finished at 11.30 was given 12 noon the day previously. The staff were giggling and laughing at the bar area -we went elsewhere

A Home Away From HOME

If every Hotel in Ireland was like this in every way then all hotels would be getting a 5 star rating

Every staff member was making sure your stay was top class,From once we checked in the young male staff made sure the room was suitable for us and asked us were we ok with our luggage,the lady that delivered our breakfast to our room was very nice also,on check out the staff asked about our stay and gave us tips on where to go and places to go and see and thing to do for the day,we spoke to the manager at the door of the hotel he also was very nice

Very enjoyable stay with very friendly staff. Would return again and recommend hotel to friends

The only issue I had from a health and safety perspective was the fact that a hover was left in the corridor.

Room very spacious and the bed was very comfortable. All facilities in the room were to a high standard.

Room was big.

The bedroom was very cold and I had to contact reception on two occasions to ask them to turn on the heat.

Room was big. Thw food was good and staff were friendly

Hotel is well located. It is in need of modernisation but is clean and the staff are friendly.

When we arrived the hotel has no record of our booking through Bookings.com but were able to accommodate us. Breakfast was a bit disappointing with limited choice available for vegetarians.

The hotel is friendly and comfortable. It has a great bar that is popular with locals, its busy and lively and serves great Guinness.

The staff were very friendly and really made us feel welcome.

The staff were very friendly and really made us feel welcome. You could see from looking around that they are very family friendly with locals going in with their children to dine.

Very comfortable, very good food. Unexpected upgrade was lovely (Thank you, Ard Ri!)

Sometimes hard to park in front car park, but there is another at the rear, which the locals seem to not like as they ‘create’ their own spaces in and around the front/side of the hotel.

We were upgraded to a suite, which was incredible. When having stayed before, the rooms are a good size, clean and comfy. Large bathroom with very good shower. Very good breakfast.

Booking.

Booking.com didn't forward the reservation to the hotel. I arrived 2am and I was lucky to find helpful staff that got my stay sorted despite not having received the reservation from booking.com.

Outstanding staff

Excellent staff and a good hotel. Outstanding service and food at the wedding we attended. Compliments to the chef. Highly recommended. Breakfast is buffet style.

An oasis for the weary! The whole experience is like a 'mini-spa'.

I love this hotel - it is a real community hub, very spacious, with a great restaurant that serves amazing roast beef!! The staff make you feel that nothing is too much trouble. Very comfortable too!

Great service and Wonderful Staff.

Everything was great, not complaint at all. I even loved the stray cat Lucky greeting me every morning outside.

Everything about this Hotel was great , the only problem was the lack of shopping in closeness to the Hotel:-)

Our stay was great and we will stay in this hotel again .

We had dinner in the bar - the food was fine. but the television was very loud and showing American football with nobody watching it .

The staff were very nice and friendly . Our room was shining , lovely shower and bed was very comfortable.

We Would definately return.

Saturday morning the self service breakfast was cold. The Sunday and Monday when breakfast were served to us it they were fine and hot.

Bed extra comfy

6.0
    ok

This was the only hotel we stayed in the whole trip so maybe this is nothing unusual but we had to use our door key card to turn the lights on in the bathroom and some in the bedroom. Also there was no top sheet on the bed! Only a duvet with a sheet-like covering. Made me wonder if that covering was being laundered between guests? I pulled the bottom sheet from the spare bed to use as a top sheet. Breakfast was so-so.

The bed was comfortable and things seemed clean. Dinner at the hotel was good and Guiness was delicious!

Very enjoyable, wish I could have stayed longer!

Rooms were of superior quality. Breakfast was fabulous,lots of choice. Staff were friendly and welcoming and extremely helpful in helping me to track down my family roots in the area.

Lovely hotel spoiled by poor breakfast.

Breakfast was poor. Little choice and quite boring. No healthy options. Lets the place down unfortunately.

The hotel, staff and rooms were extremely good. Public areas clean and welcoming.

A very pleasant stay.

There was a great deal to like about this hotel. It is well located on the northern outskirts of the town and the 15 minute walk into the town centre is by no means unpleasant. Staff were all helpful and friendly, the public areas were spacious and the bar food was good value. There was evening entertainment on the Friday we stayed but can't comment on the quality of this as we were attending an event in Tuam town centre. The quantity and quality of food on offer for breakfast was also very good.There probably isn't anything the hotel can do about this but our room at the side of the building overlooked an old set of garages/storage area which meant we could not add "pleasant outlook" to the list of positives. However, this did not detract from a very pleasant stay.

Lovely and welcoming staff, Location was excellent and food...

would have appreciated a little music in the Backround on a Saturday Night.

Lovely and welcoming staff, Location was excellent and food was great and not too expensive.

Lovely hotel, easy to find and would highly recommend

The room was very warm & radiator in bathroom was on full at 2am. The cold water tap was warm at that time too although it did go back to cold in the morning.

The reception & night staff were very friendly and the breakfast was lovely. The rooms were spacious and clean and the beds were very comfortable

Would happily stay here again if I happened to be in the area

Helpful staff. We arrived too late for dinner so they helped us order a pizza. Nice comfortable hotel. Not the most attractive setting but served the purpose well for our group.

Very nice hotel with very attentive staff.

The view from my room was looking out onto another building.

The quality of the food was very good. The bedrooms are a good size and well decorated. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

RELAXING BREAK in Ard Ri House Hotel

Corridors not always the cleanest, and it seemed the cleaning trolleys were permanently parked outside our room. Indeed our room was next to the bar so quite noisy in late evening. Window in room overlooking rubbish strewn in the grounds outside, what a shame.

Food quality excellent, staff extremely friendly and helpful making you feel comfortable and relaxed. Despite there being numerous other celebrations going on in the hotel you never felt encroached upon. A lovely ambience all round

Love it!

Very clean and comfortable, love the homely feel to the hotel, friendly staff and nice breakfast. Cant fault it, will of course be back on our next visit to Tuam

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Fine

Room was not warm enough, Wifi would not work in room, considering this and location I felt it was overpriced.

Lunch/Dinners in Bar very good, staff friendly

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

Excellent rooms.

Other guests. It was Christmas party time. Which meant loud lost guests banging on doors in the middle of the night. Not the hotel's fault, but it ruined the visit. I still came back another time since everything else was great.

Very nice comfortable rooms!

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

no complaints with hotel, no thank you for our business or nothing, very peculiar.

the staff, no interaction, even when I paid, not even I hope you enjoyed your stay, we look forward to see you again. we were totally amazed by this (a lady with an english accent, never looked up, no eye contact, if you need any assistance or directions, just come to reception - no one in the dining room, dirty bowels and next day no bowels. I think it was all local staff, no interest except for lunch, the chef smiled and was friendly, no one there for us to pay for lunch, I eventually told reception to add to our invoice. The food was really lovely, no complaints there, I was attending my brother's funeral - could have done with a bit of cheer or a caring smile. I needed to get flowers etc, no assistance there, must have information for guests on area.

The bed was perfect,

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

average

Too expensive for one child and one adult. 82 euro for one night. Hotel not worth that as it's not a four or five star. Was disappointed.

The dinner at restaurant was nice with a friendly waiter called liam

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Stay only if you have no option

Bed hard, decor poor, breakfast cold and congealed. Poor service in clearing off tables in bar/restaurant. 30 kids running around in reception lounge. No ambience.

Location and convenience. Nice bathroom. Bar staff efficient and friendly.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

Fabulous place for relaxing and unwinding.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff...had a family get together and asked them to organise sandwiches etc at short notice, they were delicious and more than enough for everyone. I would recommend the Ard Ri for a long weekend or a longer stay with friends and family.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Very convenient, warm and well run

Very convenient, warm and well run

Nice friendly staff and the location was excellent.

Great staff amazing food

More channels on tv no big deal though!

Great staff amazing food

good location.just off motorway,and value for money.

nothing,everything for the short time i was there was grand.

nice clean tidy room,with excellent facilitys.

Excellent service.

Excellent service. Receptionist was most pleasant, and more than obliging. Everything was top notch!

Worn out.

Worn out...

Great breakfast

Great breakfast

Relaxing

The signs for the Hotel must be improved. You could easily pass the hotel if you didn’t know in advance where it was.

Pleasant helpful staff.

was a nice stay but a bit far from town to walk

Our bathroom sink was blocked in the morning

Staff were lovely

Room was spacious, the staff were helpful and friendly and...

Room was spacious, the staff were helpful and friendly and the facilities were very good.

Would recommend it , will be back

Food was excellent and staff were very friendly

Expensive but good

Price of stay

Good food and atmosphere

Nice hote would stay again

Some noise from the function room late in the evening

Breakfast and atmosphere

it was quite and staffs very friendly

it was quite and staffs very friendly

The staff are lovely professional and a bit of craic 😁.

The staff are lovely professional and a bit of craic 😁. It's a lovely quiet hotel food is good and staff are courteous.

Friendly staff, comfortable room

Friendly staff, comfortable room

The helpfulness of the staff

Fruit was tinned not fresh fruit

The helpfulness of the staff

bedroom was nice

charged me twice by and I was out of pocket for a week

bedroom was nice

It was very nice and relaxing.

N/a

The complete service.

Quiet comfortable room

Quiet comfortable room Great shower Great tasty food Friendly talkative staff

Great hotel, near to all places needed to visit

Nothing to dislike

Room was slightly too warm, coffee was standard

Enjoy

Perfect ⭐️

Good breakfast
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Good breakfast

Second time staying in two weeks bathroom on second visit not as nice as first staff lovely.

Bacon hard eggs cold

Coffee was lovely an hot this time

Everything was great.

The bar food was excellent.

The woman on desk duty was very helpfull getting bus times for me and telling me a good parking spot

Forgot the toast at breakfast tea an coffee very cold,breakfast was nice,

Very inviting,warm,very clean,staff on the check in very helpfull,

Lovely welcoming hotel

Really friendly staff gorgeous breakfast very comfy room

Very clean, good location

The breakfast was just OK, not bad but not great.

Very clean, good location

Very pleasant and very well presented.

Very pleasant and very well presented.

Bigger tv

Bigger tv

Excellent rooms, modern comfortable finish, good wifi, great customer service, a gem of a place in literally the middle of nowhere.

staff.

staff. food. very clean. good location

Over from England with local girlfriend. Perfect room (upgraded to suite). Only a €5/6 taxi to town.

We were upgraded to a beautiful suite, so I can’t fault the hotel this visit.

Excellent breakfast. Spotless room and bathroom.

Comfortable room, good breakfast.

Comfortable room, good breakfast. Good internet access.

Enjoyable stopover

Quiet surrounding area and a good walk into town.

Friendly staff and competitive dining prices.

Elegant, great food, friendly atmosphere.

Lights in the bathroom were a little dim.

Staff were very obliging.

Lovely hotel, excellent food and staff very friendly