Reviews of Ariel House 4 stars

50-54 Lansdowne Road, D4 Dublin, Ireland

#3 of 93 B&Bs and Inns in Dublin

9.7

No Sky Sports in the room.

Ariel House was an excellent choice for our stay in Dublin for a concert in the Bord Gais Theatre. Will definitely be staying there again.

Absolutely nothing, I couldn’t recommend this hotel enough.

My 10yr old daughter and I stayed overnight at Aerial House Jun 18’. I booked the for us to stay at the hotel overnight on the Friday as I had bought tickets to watch Taylor Swift at Croke Park on the Saturday. The staff were very friendly and couldn’t do enough to help us. They were great in terms of offering transport advice and the location of the property was very convenient as it was only a stones throw away from the train station which had services that took us into the city centre. They also had a great selection of breakfast options available and when I asked if my daughter could have something different to the menu it wasn’t an issue at all. Also, on the Saturday I had forgotten to print out the hop on/hop off bus tour voucher that I had pre-booked and the staff very kindly let me access my emails using their computer so that I could go ahead and print the voucher off. I couldn’t recommend this hotel enough, lots of character, very friendly staff, great location and facilities.

There is no Bar/Restaurant in Hotel

Very quiet. Very good Breakfast. Very near to train station so that within few minutes you are in city centre. Very good wifi connection.

• Double and Single Room

I arrived quite late to check in and there was a friendly staff member who was there to greet me and help me with my baggage to my room right away. The hotel is beautiful and graceful, and the rooms are large and comfortable with a cool Victorian style. The continental breakfast was delicious and served in a bright, elegant room with glass walls so you could gaze out onto beautiful Dublin while you eat. Since I have a gluten intolerance, I was grateful for their many breakfast food options, including gluten-free toast!

Everything. Assistance with my bags up the outside steps, friendly welcome from the staff, the lovely sitting room where tea and coffee ...and afternoon homemade cakes and homemade lemonade is served. I loved the handsome 19th century red brick house, the decor inside and the casual collection of Irish books on the piano, it all added to the ambience. My room was lovely and comfortable and on departure I even got a hug from the receptionist! Wonderful stay.

Great location, a few stops from Dublin city, and right near to the Stadium. We bought a Leap card at the airport which gave us 3 days use of buses, trains & trams. Breakfast was great too, especially the maple and berry toast combo.

A nice, quiet, civilised atmosphere. Well positioned Victorian guest house in a leafy, affluent part of Dublin but with a station close by to get into the city. Only three stops but make sure you're going the right way! Free coffee, cakes and homemade lemonade in the afternoon. Taxi issue quickly sorted. Would definitely stay here again.

The bedroom was a little shabby and the furniture needed a good clean.

Lovely and clean, everything you need for a city break. We arrived late and received a warm welcome. The breakfast was to die for, absolutely delicious and such a variety. Exceeded our expectations.

That we could only stay one night this time 😊

From first entering the front door until our reluctant exit the next day our stay was exactly as we would have wanted it. Excellent staff, helpful and pleasant. Really comfy 4 post bed. A top class breakfast and a definite commitment to return for a longer visit. Highly recommended. *****

The location being about a 25-minute walk from the town center can be a plus or a minus. It was not a bad walk, but sometimes we decided to take a cab. There are public transportation options, also.

This is a boutique bed and breakfast with lovely rooms and a very attentive staff. The breakfast is fantastic, and sitting in the cozy breakfast room is one of my favorite memories.

You have to clime up the stairs with baggage to check in. Other than that, everything was great!

Old but beatiful building, great food, friendly receptionist, reasonable price, good location.

Beautiful property in a quiet neighborhood, cozy shared living room, we had a welcome tea&cake. Very clean and comfortable. First class breakfast, Emerson treated us super!! Would come again!!

No drawers for socks/underwear. Shower wasn’t as hot as I’d have liked it.

Spotlessly clean room with a big comfy bed. Loved how funky the room was. Close to regular public transport taking you into the city centre.

Nothing really. It was a lovely place to stay for a night in Dublin.

Excellent staff and nice breakfast. Great location to walk around, yet in a quiet and very safe neighborhood.

Can't think of anything.

Excellent breakfast and super facilitating staff. The room was emaculste and v.comfortable. I'm staying there next week it was that good! 10\10

stairs going up to entrance with several suitcases!

The room was beautiful- the location was great- walking distance to the Dart- easy to get downtown and walking to nice restaurants

Upon arrival, we were treated to tea and pastries while we waited just a short time for our room to be ready. The staff were very helpful and the breakfast was delicious. The neighborhood was lovely to walk around in and nearby to good restaurants without having to go into the center of Dublin.

Although there was a mistake with booking.com, and they were full at the time of the booking, they somehow made it and did get us a room. The hotel staff were very nice and they kept us updated, and seemed that they really put an effort to allow us to stay there. Thank you

Location was superb, as was the breakfast. Would highly recommend this property and if I ever need a place in Dublin again, this will be the first place I will check for availability for sure!!

• Double and Single Room

Great location away from the noise of downtown in the Ballsbridge district. Comfortable beds, great shower, and wonderful breakfast. Public transportation is minutes away, but we walked everywhere. Some great restaurants close by. There's also a drawing room to relax in with tea, coffee and treats available. Staff couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. We actually stayed here at beginning and end of our stay in Ireland, and we'd definitely return.

Bit of noise from room above, was a very early riser, about 4.30am

Superb breakfast. Great staff, all of them. Cake, biscuits & coffe available in the sitting room.

It was an expensive choice, and because of this I'm commenting on areas that I would let slide with a cheaper option. The annex rooms aren't as nice as the main rooms, but from what I can tell they cost the same and there's no way of knowing which you'll be in. They're still nice rooms! Just a small thing to bear in mind. My only real complaint was that I had issues getting breakfast in the morning. Two days I couldn't order as the dining room was busy and the wait was over half an hour for food. There are the cereal and juices when you just need something in a hurry, but it would be good to maybe add an extra kitchen hand when the hotel is booked up, or stagger the breakfast so people book ahead with a rough time slot, to avoid the mad rush!

Lovely hotel in a beautiful area. Great staff. Relaxing lounge. Comfy beds!

Greatest hospitality I have ever experienced! For the three days I stayed, this place really felt like home, and not like a hotel. The unique atmosphere and the outstanding service will make me come back there!

I have nothing but pluses for Ariel House, would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

I had a wonderful stay at Ariel house! It’s close enough to the center to make it a comfortable walk yet in a quiet, residential area. It’s welcoming, clean, the staff is warm and helpful and the treats (like the afternoon tea, for example) add to the coziness of the stay. Also the breakfast is delicious and it offers so many options to chose from.

It would have been nice to have a lamp on the bedside table and be able to access the key of the light from the bed

All in all fantastic, staff and breakfast

Honestly this was just bad luck, but there was no aircon and we stayed on the one hot day ireland gets a year. I would say 99% of the time heat is not an issue

Breakfast was 10/10. Room was nice and pictures are accurate.

Staff extremely friendly and helpful,it felt a real genuine welcome. Room spacious, airy and beds comfortable. I had a gorgeous bright view of the garden Breakfast was buffet starters and a good range of choices from the kitchen, including a typical Irish with black & white pudding or poached eggs with salmon and brioche. All food was very fresh and beautifully presented at the table. Several decent restaurants & pubs in close walking distance. It was far superior and much better value than an alleged 4 star hotel, I'd stayed in nearby, a few nights earlier!

We absolutely loved our stay in Arial House. The room was huge and facilities great. It is in a handy and really nice location and we found the walk into the city and back was easy. We didn’t use the train but the station is virtually next door as is Aviva Stadium. Breakfast was also fantastic. The highlight though is the staff who are all so friendly and helpful, particularly the lovely Cecilia and Rory who we saw most of the time but they were all great, including the staff at breakfast. It was lovely to relax in the lounge with a cup of tea, cake and biscuits after a day’s touring or after dinner. We found a couple of good restaurants in easy walking distance, particularly a Thai restaurant which was amazing. We have no hesitation in recommending Arial House as a really wonderful experience.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. They were able to accommodate a request that many inns might have declined to help with. The location is easy walking distance to public transportation.

Last stay room very cold and porter had to be contacted regarding the matter. Brought portable radiator to room but was useless.

Bed was comfortable, breakfast fine

Ariel House is an excellent choice for accommodation in Dublin. The property is like a home from home and the staff are very friendly. The room and sitting room are comfortable and relaxing, The breakfast is exceptional.

A very nice B&B overall, but some of the furniture and amenities in the bathroom could be modernized while still keeping with the overall feel the same.

Great food and very nice service at breakfast. Nice overall ambiance in a nice neighborhood.

Great breakfast. I would just add more choices if you don't like wheat. Also adding some of vegetables at continental breakfast would be great. The lady (brown hair, about 40 years old) who was present at the hotel at time we arrived (April 12 th 2018) was really wonderful and made our accomodation outstanding. Thanks!

• Double and Single Room

The entrance isn’t suitable for everyone -Many steps leading up to the front door proved difficult with a pushchair and luggage.

Ariel House was lovely! We only stayed for a night but we would definitely book again. Upon arrival receptionist Cecelia couldn’t do enough for us. Upon departure, Fernando the night porter was also superb.

• Double and Single Room

Rooms are a tiny bit dated and pillows could be upgraded. Minor issues overall this is a perfect home base to explore Dublin if you want to be in a quieter area.

The hotel manager was outstanding; warm welcoming and knowledgeable, hotel is wonderfully outfitted in public spaces, wonderful sitting room, located in a lovely neighborhood, breakfast was delicious!

It’s an old place so no elevators and we had large suitcases but that is also the charm. We knew this going in to the stay so no surprises.

The staff was delightful and kind. The rooms were great for the night. The breakfast was awesome.

Instructions on shower use were not evident. Parking space!

The age of the place, ambience in keeping with earlier times, in a very good way. The lady at the reception was perfect for the job. Very welcoming. Lovely breakfast, food and setting.

Lovely stay in a lovely hotel, staff were all very friendly and helpful, really couldn't do anymore. Hotel is based outside of city centre but with excellent transport links, would definitely use again.

The bathroom was a bit outdated and the water didn't drain properly. The shower screen didn't close completely, so we flooded the bathroom each time.

Best breakfast we've had throughout our 14 day trip. Wonderful options, well prepared. Polite, helpful and friendly staff. Our bed was comfortable, the room was beautifully decorated. Although our room faced the street, we weren't bothered by traffic noises. Free parking available (sometimes the lot was a bit overcrowded).

The room and the dining room are elegant! Very historical, classic building. High quality with affordable price. Staffs are very friendly and helpful. Absolutely delicious breakfast with many options. Love the feeling of dining under a glass pavilion. Totally worth it to spend about 40-50 extra euros per night than hostels and live in such a great hotel. Worth every penny!

• Double and Single Room

Our only negative was some noise from the room above us and a small double bed in the family room (it had been described as a large double when I phoned to ask)

Staff were so helpful and friendly. They made us feel so welcome. The breakfast is really good - there was a long menu of hot food freshly prepared and brought to your table. The location is great - close to the dart station and a short walk to some lovely restaurants.

We were a little disappointed by the size and feel of the room. Our room was at the back of the house and it felt a little basic. The blanket on the bed felt a little used and not fresh. However the bed and bedding were really clean and comfortable. Next time we’ll request a bigger room at the front of the house.

The premises are lovely and the staff relaxed , friendly and welcoming and professional. The breakfast room and breakfast were really nice. The drawing room is really lovely place to relax and read or chat to other guests. The coffee and cake or a simple idea but really add to the feeling of being made to feel welcome and well looked after.

Nothing to note.

Staff was happy to help us when we checked in late after a long day of sightseeing and provide ideas for stops further along our trip.

that we couldn't stay longer!!

room very cosy and quiet, and not too hot as hotel rooms often are . lovely bathroom and generous toiletries. great tea making facilities. the breakfast was just magic. beautiful array of cereals and pastries but the kitchen cooked food was just wonderful. the location was perfect for our needs and having free parking was marvellous, especially in a city.

Weak wi-fi signal. No minibar/fridge in room, but there's a kettle (and some tea/coffee). Hotel would be beyond amazing if it had a lobby bar. Noise from guests gets into your room during morning hours (earplugs can help here).

Amazing breakfast menu (featuring hearty signature Ariel House Full Irish breakfast), great choice of food (do try the cheese plate). Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Helpful staff, ask anything. Quiet location (can get too quiet if you're into pub crawl).

Parking a bit tight

Fantastic place loved the drawing room with free nice coffee and papers to read , great location and comfortable bed and lovely breakfast

We had to flush the toilet several times for it to work, but that's OK. this is an older house. There was plenty of water pressure in the shower.

The staff did all they could to make us comfortable. They gave us directions, helped us choose transportation methods and advised us about nearby open restaurants when we arrived late at night. Breakfast was delicious, though we could not order off the menu at 7:15 am on the day of our departure as the kitchen was not quite ready. The buffet provided was enough anyway. The house is clean and charming , and the surrounding neighborhood was pretty and felt safe. We were able to walk for about 30 minutes through pretty, interesting neighborhoods to get to the crowded city center . We would love to return.

Was close to the train which was great for getting in the city but was kind of loud at night. Also the fire doors in the hallways kept being opened and closed very loudly throughout the night, which was quite noisy.

Most everything was great! Staff was very friendly and helpful, easy to get to the city by train or bus.

Just very lovely, comfortable, very cosy, comfortable, accomodating, tasty, traditionally victorian style...just a perfect place to stay in and enjoy Dublin. Regardless if for Business or on a romantic weekend with your partner. They can't make it better...thumbs up!

Excellent experience, room was large and beautifully furnished, super central location. Breakfast was included in the rate however we had to leave very early, the staff kindly had packed a light lunch which was ready on our departure. I will definitely book this property again in the future.

It was a little cold in the room and could not boost heating. Would have preferred Gluten free wholegrain bread and cereals for breakfast, thereby having wider and healthier choice options.

The bed was superbly comfortable. Breakfast was well presented and adequate. Gluten free options and lots of coffee available.

The only thing I noticed was that plastic rim at the bottom of the shower door needed to either be cleaned or replaced. Everything else was perfect!

The staff were very friendly and the hotel was lovely, very homely! Very comfortable bed and breakfast catered well for a gluten free diet.

The room was extremely cold, especially the bathroom even with heater on. The room is old fashion and you may find it amazing but could also be spooky. The worst part of our room is the broken toilet seat, my girlfriend got a long cut on her bottom by this fxxking cracked seat. I will never stay in this place again.

Reasonable price, nice stuff and good breakfast.

No real concerns. Maybe add a small writing table in the room. Old style room high ceiling but no concern.

We stayed here 3 nights during the ending of the "Beast from the East" snow storm. Great quiet location and outstanding staff!! This B&B had an outstanding made to order breakfast off the menu. Easy access to Airport coach bus (10 minute walk) and post office and near an upscale Conference Center hotel (closest Pub and restaurant) and the Stadium and 10 minute walk to the city Commuter Rail (DART?) so some minor "travel" back in to the heart of the city but out far enough "away" so a sense being in a neighborhood setting. Glad we could open a window. Comfortable bed. Very quiet at night a REAL PLUS! We love to walk so 30 minute walk to the heart of Downtown. Great to enjoy Downtown but this property offered peace and quiet to retreat to!

Breakfast was excellent, with a cooked to order main dish and freshly prepared buffet. The room was nice and clean with an en-suite bathroom. Staff was really friendly and helpful, so I would recommend staying here to all.

Warm friendly welcome with tea and cakes available in a cozy lounge area.. Our room was upgraded which was a pleasant surprise. Excellent location for Aviva stadium and easy to access for airport buses (bus stopped around the corner) and train station (end of road). Used as a base to watch a rugby match at Donnybrook stadium which was approx 15 minutes walk away. Although no public bar in hotel it was a short walk away from a traditional Irish bar with a great atmosphere.

Everything is delightful.

This hotel is one of the best option in Dublin. The Georgian building is fascinating, lovely bedrooms and living room, where complimentary tea/coffee and homemade cakes are served all day. One of the best breakfast in town.

The room could possibly have a little more attention to detail regarding finishing with wiring exposed, an ensuite door that didn’t shut. The tea making facilities had to be moved to be near a plug.

We got an upgrade to a lovely suite with a very comfortable 4 poster. Breakfast was excellent and overall the hotel’s position is great for access to Aviva and the DART. Staff were very friendly and accommodating.

If only I had known about years earlier as I attend the RDS for the Divine Mercy conference every year

From the moment I walked into reception I was greeted by an extremely friendly, helpful and courteous gentleman. The room was perfect and the breakfast and staff serving breakfast super.

The staff and hospitality , the breakfast , the location and the very comfortable bed. We were so well looked after by the GM , Rory Doyle and staff. Hotel is old world and full of charm. The room was spotlessly clean. Breakfast was superb.

• Double and Single Room

Our bedroom and our bathroom was not too big, but it was enough!

The staff was so kind. The breakfast is absolutely deliciuos, you can choose an awesome hot course and eat as much as you want from the buffet. The bedroom was warm and clean.

Nothing just a little far out of town but that was just a personal preference, the itself is fabulous

Lovely Guest house with great rooms and fabulous breakfast

Nothing!!!

Very good position, near to the city center, only two stops with the train. The Staff was incredibile! The guesthouse is very beautiful and classy. The breakfast is delicious and sofisticate. Everything was just perfect! We'll come back for sure! Thank you very much to the staff, especially to the manager.

Nothing could have been better. Cecilia the receptionist took great interest in all of our activities. We have nothing negative to say about Ariel House. This was our 7th stay and we enjoyed it as much as if it was our first.

We were upgraded to the james joyce room which was beautiful. It had a lovely 4 poster bed and huge bathroom. Breakfast was excellent great choice and cooked to order. Staff were lovely and friendly and it was great to relax in the very comfortable sitting room complete with coffee and home made cakes. Location was excellent so close to the Dart station. We had a great trip. We wanted to rebook again on Saturday the 10th of March but they are sold out. Pity.

The parking is a little tight however if you cannot park off the road the front desk will move your car in the morning to avoid any parking fines.

Breakfast in the monring is well worth making time for.

Breakfast was delicious and our room was very comfortable and tasteful. I've always really enjoyed staying here at Christmas. There's a wonderful ambience.

the bathroom was a little cold because of leaking window inside

it's super close to the train statation which get you to city center in 10 minutes the breakfast are awesome

The rooms are a little dated and could do with a repaint. The double bed was two singles pushed together and there were no bedside tables! The doors are thin so it was noisy in the mornings when room service started knocking on doors.

Fantastic staff and a great breakfast. The communal areas are lavishly decorated and really comfortable, and the free cake and tea/coffee at any time of the day is a nice touch. The area is nice and quiet and not far from the tram.

The room definitely needs an update. I didn’t like putting my clothes into the wardrobe very old.

The breakfast was fantastic. The bed was very comfortable. I do think the place needs a update. Over all really enjoyed our stay

Excelent faculties which are litterly 5 doors down from the Aviva Stafium. The property is perfect for attending events in the aviva and is close to the trains for easy access into the city centre. Free on sight parking was excellent. Breakfast was deliouse and the staff were polite and helpful.

The hairdryer in the bathroom wasn't working and there was a noisy construction site just accross the street that worked even early Saturday morning.

The house is awesome, all people very friendly. The room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The breakfast is absolutely amazing! Definitely recommend this place!

Just stunning. The breakfast included in the price is amazing, not a dodgy buffet like in most places, I had freshly made smoked salmon and poached eggs. The room was lovely with a real vintage feel and the staff couldn’t be more helpful. Everything was very close by and the dart into the centre was on the same street as took about 2 minutes. Free car parking too which was a bonus. Will definitely be back!

The room we stayed in on our return trip was in the basement/garden level. It was dreary in that wing of the inn and the bed sagged a bit.

The front desk staff and breakfast staff were all very friendly and accommodating. The breakfast was phenomenal--the best we had traveling around the country for 8 days! We stayed at Ariel the first night of our trip and the last, on our way back to Dublin airport. It was a great place to land on the first night of my first trip to Ireland. Very homey.

nothing particular - good value for the money

Nice, small hotel in a quiet part of town, but just half an hour walk to the city centre. Breakfast is fair, rooms are nice equiped and very clean. I recommend to order the taxi in advance in the loby

Property is ‘tired’. Is not accurately reflected by photos on website. We had broken furniture, TV was attached to wall and unable to be moved so could not be viewed from bed or armchairs. Shower head didn’t move and handrail in way of showering. Hairdryer in bathroom didn’t work. Garden view - a concrete yard!

Breakfast was excellent. Staff helpful. Excellent position.