Reviews of Ashfield Hostel

19/20 D'Olier Street, D2 Dublin, Ireland

#81 of 136 hotels in Dublin

Based on 1789 hostel reviews

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Great staff, great location, decent breakfast
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

The bathroom was a bit run-down and not as clean as I would like. There is quite a bit of traffic noise in the mornings (not their fault, of course!). The premises in general feel a bit dark and run-down, but I think that's just the consequence of having an older building in the city centre, and you want to spend most of your time out in Dublin, anyway.

I had a bunk in a four-bunk women's dorm with an ensuite. The beds were quite comfortable, and there was enough space to store our stuff in the room. The location is good, as it's not too far from the bus stops and very convenient for getting to the tourist attractions in Dublin by foot. The staff were very friendly and helpful - they gave great recommendations for sightseeing around town and were very quick to fix a problem with our shower drain. The breakfast was good, too - nothing fancy, but plenty of good food that will keep you going for the day.

Very expensive for the quality for the place
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

Just don't like the idea of queuing for a shower in the morning when I have to go early for work. Very noisy all the time, I can hear every single noise from the street. Couldn't sleep the whole night, only stayed for 1 night so not too bad.

Location is good. There's storage for luggage after check out, for free. Staff is friendly, easy going

For a hostel the rooms are decent and cleaner than others in...
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

The common room and facilities were basic and was not well lit when I was there. There are a couple nightclubs nearby but the noise wasn't bad from my room. Earplugs come in handy!

For a hostel the rooms are decent and cleaner than others in the area. Great location. Staff were friendly. Area is quiet and safe during the day. Not as noisy as I thought it would be considering the central location.

It's central, easy to get to and from anything in temple...
    • Twin room private Ensuite

The bathroom wasn't very clean. It was an en suite room, and the shower would Not Drain, like standing in a dirty puddle. On leaving the room they ask you to remove bedsheets to bring them downstairs. I don't know why, because then you can see the number of holes in the mattress. Strong smell of lemony bleach everywhere, so you'll need to open the window for a while to air it out. The room was also very small.

It's central, easy to get to and from anything in temple bar, and easy to find.

Excellent choice of hostel.
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

It is noisy outside at night, so leaving the window open isn't a great option. The ensuite appeared like it hadn't been cleaned in a few days, nor the toilet paper restocked and all people in my room had only moved in that day.

Breakfast was great, simple but what I needed. Free tea throughout the day and a great little kitchen. It is situation in a great location and the staff were friendly. I would definitely recommend.

I had good time however
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

Except two bloke were snoring too much, didn't have good sleep.

It was absolutely ok, staff were friendly and the location is great for city roaming.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

The staff at the reception is the best.
    • 1 Bed in a 6 Bedded Room Ensuite

The staff at the reception is the best. Friendly nice and helpful people always ready to chat :) The location is perfect and breakfast was good as well. I would highly recommend this hostel to everyone. I will definitely come back!

windows are big and when you are in a 18 beds room you...
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

luggage locker too much expensive environment charged at the entrance / kitchen of the hostel during the day

windows are big and when you are in a 18 beds room you really need fresh air in the room... 2 toilet and 2 shower per bathroom the location is exceptional

Located just near the fort in city(perfect location),the...
    • 1 Bed in a 6 Bedded Room Ensuite

Located just near the fort in city(perfect location),the hotel is clean and provides u great hospitality. Keith at reception is very helpful and will guide u throughout your stay. He is the best.The hotel provides u almost every facilities. Overall experience was awesome.I'll recommend this hostel

For the time I spent in the hostel the price was excellent. Friendly staff
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

Bathroom could have done with update but was clean

Was a little dated but clean . I was in Dublin to run the half marathon abs the night manager ensured breakfast was put out early so I could have something to eat before I did the race

Great Hostel!
    • 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

Not many places to plug in your phone/laptops.

The staff are really nice/friendly and helpful. 24 hour reception. Great location. The kitchen and bathrooms are always clean. They offer a nice 1 pound breakfast and all the money from the breakfast is donated to a charity. I would definitely stay there again!

Absolutely stay in Ashfield!
    • 1 Bed in a 6 Bedded Room Ensuite

There is at least one 0.0 review online that is entirely inaccurate, and that is my previous review (I missed the period in which you can post a review). So let me try to make up for that now. When I arrived in Dublin, I had no plan, I felt very alone, and I had very little idea about where I should start. I just so happened to stumble into Ashfield and spoke with the man at the desk. He was by and far the most helpful and important person I met in Ireland, because the rest of my trip wouldn’t have been possible without him. He helped me get my bearings and get settled in. I stayed at Ashfield once again at the end of my trip because of my experience. There are many hostels in Dublin, at competitive prices. But you’ll be hard-pressed to find better service than what you’ll get at Ashfield. The staff I met, including that man, were helpful, accommodating, and friendly. Word must’ve gotten out about Ashfield because the other travellers were also among the friendliest and most outgoing I met in three weeks Ireland. The suggestions from these travellers influenced the destinations I chose, and gave me a more rounded, authentic experience that I truly think I would’ve missed out on otherwise. It also led me to meeting even more travellers of a similar mindset (because they too had been suggested those destinations by other, like-minded travellers) and has resulted in me building actual friendships with people from around the world that I may have missed out on. I mean it, if you really want to experience Dublin, and Ireland for that matter, you should stay at Ashfield. It is a must for any solo traveller. It was my first and last stop, and I will always be grateful for accidentally stumbling into this Hostel. The location is also perfect. It is perfectly located in the heart of city centre, near the main bus stations, and just a short skip away from all the major tourist spots.

Excellent Location and Wonderful Staff
    • Double Room Private Ensuite

Both the location of the hostel and the friendliness & helpfulness of the staff were well beyond what I expected for the price, and I would thoroughly recommend Ashfield Hostel on this basis. Particularly notable was that they were happy for me to hang around in the common area (charging my gadgets and using their WiFi) for the 8+ hours between my check-out in the morning and my evening flight. Room and facilities (in my case a private double room with en suite) were basic but good value for the price. Would certainly stay here again if I come back to Dublin.

Of the 4 Dublin hostels I have stayed at over 20 years Ashfield is the best in my opinion.
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

Noisy, friendly crowd of guests in the evening in the common area. Not a complaint. I just needed quiet at the time.

Very helpful, friendly reception staff. Easy walking distance to Temple Bar, Busáras, museums, Grafton Street. Lots of toilets and showers for dorm room.

Location was excellent!
    • 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

Noisy from the windows during nights, because of old windows, depending on what side you have your room. Worn down bathrooms. Very stuffy air in the breakfast and reception area.

Location was excellent! Good Breakfast Possible to lock in your luggage Helpful staff Much information of tours Elevator

Excellent breakfast.
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

The room was too small. I was a solo traveller with 3 males who were friends in the same room - it made me uncomfortable how close the beds were in this situation.

Excellent breakfast. Great location.

Perfectly pleasant
    • Twin room private Ensuite

To be honest, it was only really the price. I appreciate it was a weekend and places were probably even busier than usual due to Michael Buble playing, but the price was just a little excessive for what you get

Helpful, friendly and funny staff. Room was of a higher standard than expected of a hostel. An issue with the toilet flushing was resolved in a matter of minutes.

Amazing location, right in the city center!
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

We stayed in a mixed room with private bathroom. The shower cabin was surprisingly very small - it was hard for me to take a shower without hitting walls with my elbows on every move. I say "surprisingly" because the whole bathroom was quite big and would fit a bigger cabin. Stupid two taps in the sink - one with boiling hot other with freezing cold water. Please, let go of that system already.. It is not practical at all. Hostel is located on a busy street - there was some noise at night but it did not bother me.

Great location - it's basically in the city center. A lot of pubs, restaurants and shops around. Very easy to get to and from the airport. Nice walk to the Croke Park. Power sockets (also USB sockets) and lights above every bed. Breakfast was ok (toasts, butter, jam, cereal, eggs, tea, coffee, juice, etc,). There were two or three types of toasters, fridge and a microwave in the kitchen. Comparing to other properties this one offered the best value for the money. Great wifi!

Very affordable stay within walking distance of the
    • Twin room private Ensuite

There was a lot of noise coming in from the Temple Bar area, but I wanted to be in the middle of things and this was the weekend.

This was my first hostel stay but I'm not sure it counts since I had a private room. It was pretty bare bones but so were some of the rooms I had stayed in at guest houses/B&Bs. It was very clean and met my needs for a stay in town at a decent price. The staff were very helpful.

Central location, good price and helpful and friendly staff
    • 3 Bed Private Room Ensuite

To be honest the only thing we didn't like was the bathroom. The door jamb was broken, we couldn't properly close/lock the door and the lack of privacy was uncomfortable. Also the toilet was partially clogged. When we checked in we thought the issue with the drainage will be fixed quickly. We talked to one of the receptionists and they said they called somebody to come and fix it. Unfortunately, that didn't happen during our short stay there. We understand that sometimes plumbers are busy and appointments cannot be set up immediately.

We loved the central location of the hostel. Really close to Trinity College, some of the top tourist attractions and pick-up points for organized tours around Ireland. It was really convenient for early morning trips and late night pub visits. Very close to the airport bus stop too. Hostel staff was extremely friendly and helpful with info on what to see and do around Dublin, with recommendations for day trips around Ireland, good places to eat and tips on how to avoid tourist traps. Our room was very quiet and we had a good rest at night. We liked the fact that random people couldn't walk in the hostel and the security measures were nice.

The staff we’re fun.
    • 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

The noise / space was pretty much what you’d expect from a busy hostel in a tourist district.

The staff we’re fun. They had great stories about past and present Ireland as well as tips for getting around.

I'll definitely recommend this hostel, it's in the great place & the staff is super friendly/helpful
    • 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

Great localization, very friendly and helpful staff, rooms are clean, so are bathrooms. The lift is bit scary (it makes strange noises) but you can always choose stairs. Beds are comfy, bed linen clean and nice. Everybody gets its own key to the room, which is handy, and the reception is open 24h/day. The street is pretty noisy but fortunately they have ear-plugs in the reception.

Good place to go. A few things could change.
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

Wasnt the cleanest place and the Ashfield room just felt dirty. Also didn't smell the nicest either. The lobby and room was very very hot. Woke up absolutely boiling and no air con or fans to cool down. Sitting in lobby/lounge was also hard work when is that hot.

Great value for money. Facilities on site were great and enjoyed the breakfast that was included. Staff were also very happy and helpful.

The reception staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly,...
    • 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

I really enjoyed the music in the communal area but at times it was extremely loud.

The reception staff are exceptionally helpful and friendly, much more than other hostels I've stayed at in the past. Good music.

Everything you need from a basic hostel
    • 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

It's everything you need from a hostel but nothing extra special, except for the very friendly staff. Some curtains or panels in the dormitories for extra privacy would be nice. Towels are not provided, but would be a nice extra (they can be rented for a mere €1 though)

Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Facility-wise anything you need from a hostel but nothing more. The location is simply great, close to Temple Bar and extremely convenient for traveling to and from the airport as it's really near the bus stop.

Worth the money
    • 1 Bed in a 6 Bedded Room Ensuite

Should have known they have a hairdryer. Wouldn't wanna waste money to use the vending hair dryer. The common area smells a little unpleasant but it was barable. Eggs provided for breakfast wasn't very fresh.

Very kind of them to provide breakfast. Toilets were very clean and the counter was 24hours open. Staffs here were very friendly and helpful.

Dublin rocks
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

Could do with a coat of paint to freshen it up

Very relaxed, everything there, towels, hairdryer, showers, breakfast. Great for our break. Very central.

I probably won’t stay anywhere else!
    • 1 Bed in a 6 Bedded Room Ensuite

I don’t want to say I didn’t like it but The showers are a little small for my chunky frame, I just need to get on a diet !

This is the third time I have stayed at Ashfield but the first time in a shared dorm. It is in the perfect location and has the friendliest staff. The rooms have always been clean and tidy and the basis breakfast is a great start to the day, although I didn’t need it this time , I know they have a luggage store for if you are arriving or leaving at a different time to check in, I WILL be back again soon!!

Great location, good facilities, reasonable price
    • Twin room private Ensuite

It can be noisy outside but that’s not the hostel’s fault and to be expected in a city centre.

Second time here. Room was as expected - basic but good. Access to a twin room ensure in a hostel is great. Location couldn’t be better- right in the heart of the city.

• 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

Bathrooms weren’t that clean and the tap dripped all night long. The bunks are quite close to eachother so not much space to move around and get in and out of belongings. One of the nights I stayed here was very pricey and I wouldn’t stay here again for that price. If it’s at an affordable rate then I would perhaps stay again.

Great location. Friendly staff. Good breakfast.

Would definitely recommend this to solo travelers with a budget.
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

Room and shower is smaller than I expected (I was in a 4-people bedroom) but my room mates happened to be all very nice people.

Location is wonderful, just next to Trinity College and very close to Temple Street bars area. Very easy to get by from this hostel. Wifi is fast and accessible everywhere in the building. Breakfast is included but don't expect anything fancy.

• 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

building is old and dusty. it needs some renovation. very... very... very noisy. light sleepers will have big problem here

great location. walking distance to all major destinations in dublin.

Basic but clean and comfortable.
    • Twin room private Ensuite

Very noisy but we were in a street facing room and windows are old. No hot water for a shower.

The bed was comfortable. Room basic but clean. The guy that checked us in was very friendly and chatty...he made us feel very welcome.

Good breakfast selection for the money.
    • 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

Bathroom had a dripping tap and no toilet paper when arrived. Shower had a broken door. The second room I stayed in here was slightly better though. The rooms are really quite tight fitting for three bunks so not much space to move around. Also if you have a large suitcase or pack, the lockers under the bed only open halfway so it’s impossible to angle anything in here.

Good breakfast selection for the money. Kind friendly and helpful staff. Location is great.

Nice Location
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Price of €42 for a bed in an 8 bed dorm was a little excessive. Could easily take €10 off that price.

Location was ideal. Just off O'Connell Bridge neighbouring Grafton Street. Room was comfortable if a little pricey

Staff experience and security and "bang for the buck" was excellent.
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

wobbly toilet & shower door.

Experienced/helpful friendly staff available at reception 24/7; great kitchen facility available throughout the day for guests; wonderful breakfast; relaxed environment; superior storage options; lots of hot water for showers.

Would always pick this hostel
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

It was my first time staying in a hostel and a shared mixed dorm, so 18 beds was kind of scary at first, but it was absolutely awesome. Location couldnt be better, it was easy to find, right next to the bus station and few minutes away from train station, grocery stores, fast foods and everything needed was within 5 minutes of walk. Its right in the center so i didnt have to take any public transport during my stay to get to any interesting places in dublin and even on my nights out in pubs, i could come back to hostel when i forgot something and go back out in no time. The staff was super friendly and everything was well explained, dorm was well organised so there was no problem with having to wait for a bathroom. Also there were shower gels in the bathroom and everything was clean. Beds were really comfy. If im ever going back to Dublin (which i am soon hopefully) ill always choose this accomodation as i cant imagine better location and service.

The beds were comfortable, each bed has light, power outlet...
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

There was dust below the bed where you are storing your stuff.

The beds were comfortable, each bed has light, power outlet and USB charger, as well as a locker under the bed (bring a lock). The large 18-bed room has a brand new bathroom that is cleaned daily, has 2 toilets and 3 showers. The common area has comfy couches and the kitchen has free coffee, tea and hot chocolate throughout the day. The breakfast is simple but good.

Always a real nice time to stay with them
    • 1 Bed in a 6 Bedded Room Ensuite

There is nothing to say that I am not happy about the place.

It was my second time in this hostel and I always indicate it. I love the atmosphere, the staff, rooms and the localization in very good to Temple bar or to get any public transportation.

Staff were really friendly and really helpful giving us tips...
    • 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

The shower had terrible pressure and ran very hot and cold.

Staff were really friendly and really helpful giving us tips of where to go and the hostel was in a great location, easily walkable to anywhere in the city. Would definitely stay again should I visit Dublin in the future.

Great location just in the city centre, good breakfast and...
    • 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

Very small room for 6 people- it was busy in the morning when we all wanted to use bathroom.

Great location just in the city centre, good breakfast and helpful staff.

Comfy but noisy.
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

It was the first time that I had to make my own bed in a hostel. The soundproofing of my room was terrible. I felt like I was sleeping on the street. There was a crack on the frame of the window. Bring earplugs with you.

The breakfast is quite good and abundant. The beds are comfy.

The staff was amazing, they helped me get around Dublin and...
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

The only ‘bad’ thing I had was when they lost my insuline. I gave it to a staffmember when checking in, he did it in a white envelope and in the stafffridge. When checking out, we couldn’t find it anymore. Lucky I had more but still.. No big mistake but that was the only thing I have complaints about. :)

The staff was amazing, they helped me get around Dublin and were very helpfull.

Will come back and will recommend the hostel to others!
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

Whenever I needed tips of places to eat or do, they would always give me simple instructions on how to get there. Where the busstop was, which stop, or even show us local places. The staff was very helpful, made me feel welcome and made our experience in Dublin alot better :)

Good value for money
    • 1 Bed in a 6 Bedded Room Ensuite

Bathroom lock was broken and very cramped. A school group of 30-40 students were booked into this hotel so it was noisy till late.

Great location and free breakfast (boiled eggs, toast, scones)

I wanna come back there definitely!
    • 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

Kind staff; comfortable place and cosy rooms, and everything was accurately clean and tidy; excellent position, basically in the city centre; good variety of food for breakfast; good price

I have stayed in a few hostels whilst working in Dublin and...
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

I have stayed in a few hostels whilst working in Dublin and this one is by far one of my favourites! The staff are super helpful and its such a great location. Have only stayed in the four bed dorms, but they're comfy with good bathrooms. Value for money.

Right in city center, nice and friendly hostel with helpful...
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

My room was just above a busy street and quite noisy.

Right in city center, nice and friendly hostel with helpful staff and confortable facilities. Kitchen was well furnished to cook, breackfast was good and they have free coffee and tea all day long!

It's great that the hostel is central to almost everything "touristy" in Dublin.
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I didn't really like that we had to put the sheets on the beds ourselves. Me being a little germaphobic I would have at least liked to know about this before hand. Maybe mention it on your websites.

I liked that breakfast was included. Also the hostel was quite clean. I like that there is a 24/7 reception.

Ideal location
    • Twin room private Ensuite

Centrally located and within walking distance of everything in the centre of Dublin. The room was clean, beds comfortable. Staff were friendly and check In process efficient.

Great staff, facilities need repair.
    • 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

Bathroom door broken not able to close from inside. Sink taps barely working. Lift was broken. Thankfully the front desk helped me with luggage from the 3rd floor.

The front desk is very friendly and accommodating There are lockers and a left luggage room. Breakfast was very good..

Well run
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

It’s a hostel so was there comfort? Not really. You are in a twin mattress in a bunk bed. If you’re on top you have to climb up. If on bottom bunk, you have a bed over your head. So comfort is not the word in any hostel. But it was very clean with good management.

Ashfield was very clean. Well run. Lovely ,friendly and helpful staff. Public kitchen for breakfast well run, very clean, choices of cereals, juices, yogurts, coffee, tea, chocolate, toasts, hard boiled eggs. You can eat as much as you like. Can rent your own storage locker cheaply. Well located near O'Connell St.

The staff where very friendly and helpful.
    • 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

The staff where very friendly and helpful.I only stayed one night before going to the airport.The staff arranged very cheap transport for me and even made me a cup of coffee at 3am. Wonderful! I would definately stay here again. The location is fantastic and the hostel great.

We will be back for sure!
    • 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

Quite uncomfy for 6 persons! Not really much space to even come down from bunk bed without step on someone else´s stuff.

Staff is really good, helpfull, smily and lovely!! was a nice guy to explain everything and have so much patience with us lol!

Breakfast was great (for a hostel).
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

Was not very happy with the bed (mattress), and the showers were quite tiny, but overall quite alright.

Breakfast was great (for a hostel). Location is amazing. (City centre of Dublin, connection to the airport - bus stop is 5 min away) Staff is helpful and always positive.

The staff of Ashfield's was very welcoming and helpful.
    • 1 Bed in a 6 Bedded Room Ensuite

Towels/blow dryer are not free of charge.

The staff of Ashfield's was very welcoming and helpful. Rooms are small but do they job. The common area is spacious and the breakfast is diverse. Good value-for-money right in the centre of Dublin. Would definitely recommend.

Really good location in center, few steps from bus stop of...
    • 1 Bed in 6 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

Cleanless in bathroom, but it depend also on roommates.

Really good location in center, few steps from bus stop of public transport bus from airport. Trinity college and Grafton Street are very near.

There was no curfew, the staff were really friendly and...
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

There was no curfew, the staff were really friendly and helpful. It was really easy to get to and I slept very well. The check out time was a little early but we managed it!

location is good, no idea why accomodation is expensive in...
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

the collective door to rooms 10A etc is slamming loudly, this issue could be fixed easily by the staff who do nothing all the day around

location is good, no idea why accomodation is expensive in Dublin, maybe because of multiple taxes

A great place to stay and regain your strength. Great wi-fi.
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

Sometimes one of the fridges are turned off for some peculiar reason and it can take several hours before it's turned on again.

A place where you can get a good night's rest. It's not a party hostel, but you can still interact with people. The rooms are clean and fresh, the beds are soft, and all rooms are ensuite. Each bed has lockers, so make sure you bring a padlock. There's also a luggage room near the reception. Be aware though, that on one side of the hostel, there is no lift to the upper floors. The receptionists are Irish; they're nice and helpful, each one of them plays their own music, which is nice for the purpose of variety. Decent breakfast, free coffee and hot chocolate throughout the day. The wi-fi is very good both on the floor and in the rooms. You can buy an adapter for €3 in the vending machine.

Staff super friendly and helpful
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

For a backpackers accommodation you would expect that they would have at least basic toiletries and towels (It would be hard to carry all this in a backpack...)

Staff super friendly and helpful Excellent location Fair price Clean room

Well worth the money, will deffo be back soon for another visit.
    • 1 Bed in a 6 Bedded Room Ensuite

Noisey dorm mates. But was informed from the staff that we could have had them removed. Could do with some hooks on walls for coats etc..... and plug sockets close to mirrors.

The staff were amazing, they were so help and friendly, The breakfast was value for money. The location was perfect.

Friendly helpful staff with obviously lots of knowledge...
    • Twin room private Ensuite

A desk and chair or some extra shelves would have been perfect.

Friendly helpful staff with obviously lots of knowledge about the area. Great downstairs facilities. Room was well tended, with decent ensuite.

Average facilities, staff member a star
    • 1 Bed in a 6 Bedded Room Ensuite

The receptionist, I think Keith is his name is one of the most helpful staff I’ve ever met. Was one of long stayers whole looking for flat and each time I walked by the reception could hear him trying to help tourist or a group of them with the sights, not just Dublin but whole Ireland, how to get around etc. Well, that’s an attitude... Hats off!

RELAXED, AND A GREAT PLACE TO STAY TO DISCOVER DUBLIN
    • 1 Bed in a 6 Bedded Room Ensuite

The size of the room for 6 adults was the only thing, but not a disaster by any means. Breakfast was great and easy to make. Shower and washing facility "Class".

We loved the location, easy access to everything. We had our 4 sons with us and they too liked it. Very good staff, extremely helpful and courteous and we would highly recommend to our friends

Good money value
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

The window faces the street, so it can be noisy during the night.

Breakfast was good (bread, butter, jam, eggs, cereal, yoghurt) and we got nice tips from the staff. Individual light

Location is good.
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

Breakfast time not allowed to cook. The space of Lower bed is not comfortable. Weekend price is too high. Nearby supermarket is really really expensive! Do not go! It’s located at riverside.

Location is good.

very good, highly recommended
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

stayed only 1 night. Arrived soon in the morning, staff allowed me to left my luggage in the left luggage room long before check-in time so I could go outside light. Perfect location in the centre, bus number 16 from airport stops right in the front of the hostel, good breakfast and kitchen facilities.

Location is perfect. However, everything else is really bad!
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

Expectations were too high given the photos in the Booking website. In reality this hostel has low lighting (makes it a bit dark). It has lots of problems with cleaning. The bedrooms were not cleaned everyday, especially the private bathroom (they only replace the bin plastic bag). All the common spaces like corridors, staircase, lift and living rooms were completely dirty. The receptionists were rude and had no empathy or whatsoever. By the fact that is located in the city center, close to one of the most crowded avenues in Dublin, there were noise until late hours (like 2am) during the weekends. Our room was on the 1st floor and we could ear everything from outside, so all the bedrooms seemed to have a poor acoustic insulation. This hostel has squeaky wood floors everywhere, so you can ear (from your room) people going up and downstairs or even passing by the corridor. Last but not least, the beds! These beds are made of steel which makes them too noisy.

Located in the city center, makes this hostel close to almost everything: museums, shopping, bus stops (from and to airport). The breakfast is just ok, it's FAR from a good breakfast.

Great central location!
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

A few minor things, e.g. on booking website said there was a laundry, however there is no laundry onsite. Not too much of an inconvenience though as laundromat 5 min walk away.

Great central location! Walking distance to everything. Always felt safe and secure. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Excellent Hostel in the heart of the city
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

I stayed in a room with 16 beds, not actually expecting to get the best sleep. However the room was so well - while simply organised. There was enough space for my stuff, light, plug and a small shelf on every bed (which I consider an absolute must on a hostel). The floor and beds where not making any noise. The breakfast is super fine for a hostel, and the stuff very helpful and direct. Location and cleanliness excellent. Good and well-thought job guys. Thanks. Absolutely recommended.

Overnight stop due to long layover.
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

If I had been staying more than one night or for a holiday I might have wanted it to be a bit nicer, maybe some real coffee or tea that didn't taste stale. The sheets don't quite fit the bed etc. But really it is fine.

Stayed one night, as I had a 30-hour layover and needed something cheap for the night. The room was nice enough, you make your own bed, if a little warm and nosy from the street below. But overall was perfectly serviceable. The breakfast was fairly standard but a nice selection of scones, bread to toast, cereals and a large bowl of hard-boiled eggs. The tea and coffee are make-it-yourself (instant). But with the price tag it was completely fine, there is a usb-charger for each bed and the Airport Bus is VERY close.

Great location, fabulous breaksfast, polie staff.
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

Issues with broken shower and lack of toilet roll upon a visit to the en suite toilet; I'm guessing that it was an exception to the rule, but I will find out for sure in January when I am booked into this hostel again! Also unfortunate with some noisy sleepers - other than these matters, I was content.

Fabulous city centre location. Staff friendly. Plenty to eat at breakfast time; very relaxed atmosphere.

Good, not great.
    • 1 Bed in a 18 Bedded Mixed Room Ensuite

Very poor breakfast. Aloof staff (except for the girl working when I arrived, she was all smiles and helpful)

Cheap. You get what you pay. Great for people who just want a bed and the ability to shower.

decent comfort , beds ok , glamourous housekeeping very...
    • 1 Bed in 4 Bedded Female Room Ensuite

decent comfort , beds ok , glamourous housekeeping very clean an discreet team , easy access to facilities , good atmosphere , high security and safety level. I am getting addicted to this place!