Reviews of Belvedere Hotel Parnell Square 3 stars

Great Denmark Street, D1 Dublin, Ireland

#74 of 136 hotels in Dublin

Bed very poor.

Bed very poor. Very noisy plumbing. Lots of noise from ajoining room - party get together going on till 6am. But most importantly not the location I had booked. A lot more time and costs involved to get to and from where I needed to be. And still awaiting refunds from the original hotel booked. Over all ruined my stay in Dublin as I was late for everything. Not one bit impressed

A bit above an average Dublin hotel at this price point. Genuinely helpful staff!

The room was dark and moody due to the mostly only semi transparent window. What little of it there was was a very depressing view on the building a few meters next to the hotel, with two windows full of flaky, seemingly abandoned toys. I did enjoy the Ninja Turtle one. It was an oppressively hot summer's day, and the lack of air conditioning anywhere didn't offer any escape. The lobby drink machine didn't offer water or even light drinks and Dublin tab pretty much tastes like swimming pool.

Mostly very welcoming, friendly and genuinely helpful staff. Good value for money, but only when considering how expensive even modest hotels in Dublin are. Don't expect European chain hotels standards of cleanliness, decor and facilities. The room was good sized. Excellent bacon at breakfast, but it's Ireland, so that's entirely expected. Relaxing bar. Bathroom with modestly sized bath. Water cooker and a reasonably generous helping of decent teabags, some coffee, sugar and cream.

That it was close to city and Croke park
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

When walked into reception it looked lovely but by the looks of it I think they spent more money on the bar/reception bit than any of the room they really need an update I was in room 321 and I bit of the door handle was falling off checked out the bath room not all that nice seen better the room was far to warm no air condition and a fan didn’t cool it down because the room was to big couldn’t really sleep with the heat woke at half 5 in the morning needing a drink so rang down to reception and asked could I have a jug of ice water sent up the receptionist said I’m the only one here so can’t send one up didn’t get water to half 10 and the Reception stuff looked like they didn’t wanna be there checking in she just got me to sign a form told me my room number didn’t even show me what way to go to the room had to find it ourselves didn’t ask if I wanted breakfast added on then when checking out didn’t ask how my stay was just took the room cards and that was it not even good bye or have a nice day absolute disgrace won’t be back

That it was close to city and Croke park

Not For Me

The recepiton staff were very unfriendly. The breakfast was very basic. There was only one girl clearing tables on a Sunday moring and she was very rude. Would not stay here again. Also the bar area could do with some comfortable seating - wooden chair!!

The location was very good - 5 minutes walk to O'Connell Street and 10 minutes to Croke Park. The rooms were clean.

I should be very happy to stay at the Belvedere again, and to recommend it to others.

I should have liked more detailed directions to find the hotel. Otherwise, no grumbles.

That area has gone up in the world since I lived in Dublin in my youth. Everything about the hotel was more than satisfactory, though I would not want to use the word excellent for a mere one-night stay; I save that for longer sojourns.

Adequate for attending a concert with friends for one night only.
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

Airconditioning. Room updated. Staff more friendly. The shower to work properly.

There was a problem with the cold water tap and we all scalded ourselves . This was reported. The furniture in the room needed some updating.

Reception staff were excellent at all times.
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

Went for lunch. Firstly there was no one to serve. Then the waitress announced restaurant was not open. Receptionist came in and told her it was. Waitress then tells us she is on her break. After waitress decided to serve us not much from the menu was available. No draft beer. No coke. We didn't get anything we wanted and not much of what we actually ordered either.

The decor.

Brilliant location, everything walking distance, breakfast...
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

Only criticism I have about my stay is the shower wasn't working in my room.

Brilliant location, everything walking distance, breakfast was great, staff were lovely and the rooms are very comfortable

Great potential

No cleaning what so ever in two days. Very noisy people disturbed our dinner but hotel staff did nothing. The street names are a mess, se photo. Breakfast far too late, 8 AM is not acceptable what ever day it might be.

The room itself was very good.

Nice hotel. Perfect for groups, and familys
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

This hotel was perfect for my sister in laws hen do. Nice big rooms sleep 4/ 5 people and we didnt feel that we got under each others feet. Hotel was quite. I would even re ommed for familys. Nice moden and clean

The location was good, in terms of most amenities were...
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

There was crisp all over the floor directly outside our room (047) they were there at 8pm when we arrived, at 9pm when we went out, at 2am when we returned and then at 12pm when we checked out. Other than that the hotel was nice, the breakfast was good also.

The location was good, in terms of most amenities were walking distance and it was quite. The check in staff (Mark) was a good laugh and helpful in terms of advising how best to navigate around the city and places to see.

Location was good and staff were friendly

There was no air conditioning, so had to have window open. The seagulls started up from 4am and did not stop

Location was good and staff were friendly

Ireland is a wonderful country and Dublin is no exception - just beautiful

We did not find any hot water after arriving at the hotel late at night (probably around 1:00 or 1:30 am) after a day travelling. The TV did not work. When this was reported, we were told in a very off-handed what to do, which didn't work anyway. I would have expected someone to come and show us. Staff was so-so. What we particularly didn't like was that the kitchen closes at 9:30 pm but this seems normal in Dublin as most of the restaurants were closed at 9:30 or 10:00 pm. I also did not like being made to pay on arrival - like I said, the last thing I wanted after arriving there so late was arguing about payment.

With the exception of the first night, which was a bit of a disaster, the hotel was okay. The room was clean and comfy and the tea & coffee making facilities were a life-saver. Parking at half-price was also a good deal at €5.00 a night and this was only 500 metres away. The bed was comfy enough and there were sufficient towels and the bathroom cleaned daily and thoroughly

Was only ok wouldn’t stay again
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

The toilets were very dirty there was hairs on the floor and in the bath they are very poor and badly needing updating paid way over the odds for the standard of this hotel all windows were stink with bird poor room was very basic

The location is good

I like this hotel not just because of the location but also...

I like this hotel not just because of the location but also the cleanliness. The bed is very comfortable and the huge television and a number of available channels. This hotel is always a preferred hotel of mine. I would really recommend this for travellers.

Ideally located and comfortable

I stayed in room 31 for the first night. Very small and a little grubby. However, the bathroom was good. This room is located on the ground floor and is incredibly noisy. However, it also had a good tv and coffee machine.

I stayed in two rooms (left the first room due to noise). The second room (104) far exceeded my expectations. It was a big bright room with a smart TV, coffee machine and mini fridge. The bed was lovely too. The bathroom was bright and looked new. The receptionist, Mark, was so professional and courteous. He was so helpful and it was no problem when I asked to move rooms. The hotel is in a great location - about a 10 minute walk to the spire. Buses are just around the corner.

Noise of trucks doing deliveries right outside the window at 07 in the morning. Idling even when parked. Springs in the matress had collapsed and the matress slanted to one side. It also creaked alot.

clean place in a great place at a reasonable price
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

The hotel is in a great location for walking distance to O'Connell Street, bus and tram stations. Our room was clean and simple. The price was reasonable given the location. If you are looking for a clean, cheap, safe hotel in a good location this place fits the bill. It's not luxury, but it's luxury prices either. If you are simply looking for a place to rest your head, while exploring Dublin this place is perfect. No complaints whatsoever.

Fabulous stay at the Belvedere, great location, great food, very welcoming and helpful staff. Would
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

We felt a bit rushed at breakfast, staff were keen to clear away plates, when we were just happy to sit and chat and relax, especially when restaurant was fairly quiet.

Very helpful staff, great location to city centre and to Croke Park for Taylor Swift concert, great food, spacious family room, had everything we needed for a wonderful weekend break.

Beautiful room. Spotless bathroom. Amazing shower. Top class !!

Unfortunately we couldn't see the TV while lying\sitting on the double bed 😥 room 32. .we had to move to single bed to watch a movie then back to double to sleep.

Nespresso machine in the room .....beautiful coffee to start the day. Very comfy bed, extremely clean, friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast selection good. Overall a very happy customer 😀

Wouldn't stay again, felt ripped off.

Felt really overpriced for what it was. For eg. no water in the room, no tissues, no real soap, it was like a Travel lodge experience but 239 Euros! Breakfast was poor too.

Bed was very comfortable and great water pressure in the...

Although we spent most of our time on the south side of Dublin, it was an easy 15 minute walk to the centre.

Bed was very comfortable and great water pressure in the shower. We got a great last minute deal so we were very pleased with our value for money.

• Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

Was a little difficult to find as address didn’t match the actual street/road the hotel was on.

Great location. Lovely room. Good breakfast. Lovely reception, bar and breakfast/dining room. Staff were very helpful and friendly. On a quiet road just off the busy Purnell Street/square, which was perfect!

Not bad but feeling disappointed
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

No ventilation in the room. The window was shut and couldn't be opened. They didn't clean the room in 3 days, either changed the blankets. It's expensive for what it offers.

Friendly and helpful personal. Good location.

Location good and parking round the corner in multi-storey...

Down at heel , needs up dating .

Location good and parking round the corner in multi-storey good Great electrician came up sort our tv out Quick efficient.

Needs remodeling

Asked me about my room preference when I checked in.

The room I was was worn. The furniture had a worn finish with many drink glass marks. The bathroom was dated and the enamel was coming off the bathtub. They also put me in a handicap accessible bathroom and did not tell me. Those rooms are built for people in a wheel chair, not a 6 ft. tall person trying to use the bathroom in a normal fashion. Sink is too low, tub and toilet too narrow.

I had a nice stay and will probably choose this hotel again. The price is very reasonable.

The location is very close to the City Centre. It is perfect if you want to have a walk in the Quay or try the wonderful pubs in Dublin. I had a nice stay in the hotel of the good facilities. The toilet is very clean and newly renovated. The staff members are very friendly.

Awful

At last minute, transferred to Maldron. Not told it was a building site. Noise of pneumatic drills in room 308 unbearable. All carefully prepared plans out from Belvedere useless. Breakfast poor.

Nothing - want money back for a horrible experience, See below.

Extra large room :D

Coffee machine is complicated to use. Staff needs more training on this. Wish more veg. and fruits were available on breakfast.

Extra large room :D Nice breakfast options and location was great.

Stay was comfortable enough. Disappointed with no room service.

Curtains in room need to be blackened out. Too bright too early in the morning. Also windows need to be sound proof to keep noise out. Disappointed no room service at all when got back to hotel after being out for evening with my son.

Breakfast was ok. Food a bit over done. Sitting for awhile under the heat.

Hotel with well deserved reputation, nice to stay in

I had a rather expensive room and one larger than I needed. However, I booked late, which I guess is my problem. In future, i would look for cheaper deals at the Belvedere and book earlier.

I knew the Belvedere had a very good reputation and the hotel lived up to it. If you are paying a short visit to Dublin, it's a good place to pick. The hotel has good internal security. The reception staff were helpful whenever I talked to them.

location and food.

The staff on reception were pretty miserable and whenever I asked for anything they did it but I felt like a total nuisance. Rarely smiled. The breakfast staff were rushed and overworked and there was zero welcoming feel. I don't think it was particularly their fault, they were just short staffed and poorly trained on customer service. The evening staff in the bar were the opposite.

location and food.

Better to stay outside the city and take the Luas (inexpensive) into the city.

Way over priced!!! Breakfast was mediocre at best (not worth 10 Euros). Hot water went out for an entire morning and no discount offered and that night's rate was a staggering 299 Euros! I get Dublin is expensive, but this was like staying in a way over priced Motel 6.

Staff was great! Charming look.

The room was very clean and spacious.

The bed was a little uncomfortable, however the main issue was the bins being emptied at 7am right outside our room. Not a pleasant noise to wake up to. That combined with the hen party making noise in the hall way which the staff didn’t do anything about meant we didn’t sleep well that night.

The room was very clean and spacious.

Good & quiet location, nice hotel, good buffet breakfast & helpful staff

Room 109. The room was a little small & had no view at all. The obscured glass blocked the outlook onto a roof. due to the warm weather we left window open, but you could hear the air con units running.

Ideal location for transport links. 20 minute walk to Canal. 10 minute walk to City Red Bus stop 1. Peaceful location, right near the Remembrance memorial. The Buffet breakfast was very good, the hotel had a nice décor throughout. The staff were very helpful & there was a Information area, with cards for places to visit with map. this was very helpful.

I would stay again

The 2 forcet set up in the bathroom is terriable the hot will burn you in a minute

The room was large and the bathroom clean . the breakfast was for most part good

good position and Dublin is great fun
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

The breakfast was awful. Unfriendly staff. I asked for a runny egg and I got a hard boiled one with no egg cup and the cooked breakfast was cold. Also the orange juice was watered down and disgusting.

The quadruple room was brilliant

A Week in Ireland

The bed was super comfortable and the entire bedroom was extremely pleasing - a great number of comodities were available. Very central location, excellent breakfast!

Same as above. An ideal place for a short stay in Dublin city.

Very convenient location re city centre etc. Helpful staff. Most all, one of the few hotels in Dublin costing less than €100 for room only which is the way it should be. If more hotels did this, it would give Irish tourism a better reputation.

Very conveniently located hotel, 5 minutes down the hill is O’Connell street.

The Signal quality girvthe TV wasn’t great but then I wasn’t there to watch TV. The free WiFI enabled me to use Now & Netflix on my iPad if needed.

It was a large room- though on my own had two singles and a double bed. Spacious bathroom and a seating area. The staff were all very helpful. The buffet breakfast was lush.

Overall nice hotel. Would consider staying again.

The bathroom could be updated.

Room size was great. Staff at reception were kind and loyal. Very clean hotel and within walking distance from central Dublin which is great.

Lovely

Nothing can be done about what i didnt like the noise from outside teaffic etc kept us awake all night

The rooms were comfy and the room was very clean ideal location near the center.staff were helpful.and friendly

Excellent service and superb rooms!

Just the cooked breakfast, the sausages were way to fatty for myself and my daughter and no vegan sausages to choose.

The room was bigger than expected and immaculately clean and the bathroom fantastic

Staff very friendly and helpful.

To expensive for what it is. Bathroom tiles on floor cracked ( unhygenic ) Stairs no lift to my room. No room service Stairs outside hotel should be rebuilt . Stairs leading to my room had bits all over think it was old paint..

Staff very friendly and helpful. Room clean and beds comfortable.

Another great trip to Dublin , having a good hotel makes a lot of difference.

Nothing everything was fine

Everything, booked this hotel because our trip to Dublin was cancelled in march due to bad weather and I couldn't re book the original hotel . It was a great hotel , room was spacious and very modern with a great bathroom room.

This hotel is a great value and very nice.
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

We arrived early and the front desk took our bags and stored them in a locked room. We also needed to locate a rental car since we had an issue with our reservation and they allowed us to use the phone at the front desk.

Everything I stayed in the hotel before the room again was...

It was very noisy and couldn’t sleep during night with banging outside the window

Everything I stayed in the hotel before the room again was massive and lovely and warm perfect for concert goers!

the location is fairly convenient, 10min walking to the hop...
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

the room is way too hot, and the temp is not adjustable. the separated hot cold faucets are impossible to get the right water temp for you, either too hot or too cold, and they are so close to the basin could't put whole hand under

the location is fairly convenient, 10min walking to the hop on-off bus

Disappointed.....
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

Noisy uncomfortably hot room, old sash windows which done nothing to drown out the noise out side, went for breakfast and at 10.10 was asked to leave as they were preparing for lunch,breakfast was a disappointment at 15€/person (there's a little cafe 2 mins walk away)

Spotless clean, nice staff,

very impressed. very helpful staff.

The dining room could be improved. Very tightly spaced table and chairs. The furniture bit dark. ..could do with a lighter shade...but the breakfast was excellent. The range of juices and fruits and croissants. Very good.

I really enjoyed my stay. I Loved my room...I asked for study space and I certainly got it. Great light in room big windows. Very Helpful staff. Excellent breakfast. Of course the location is perfect. Yes I will be returning. ..to enjoy a leisure stay next time.

All in all good hotel

The shower was freezing cold and didn’t get hot and it wasn't fixed even when we reported it and the TV lost it’s sound half through our stay. The tv wasn’t a major issue as we wasn’t in the room long enough to watch it anyway.

great location, very clean and the staff are so friendly.

Close to city centre, clean and good food
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

Some staff were not very mannerly, rooms were a bit too warm with lots of condensation on the single glazed windows

Close to city centre, clean and good food

Great Hotel and Location

Very nice location within a few minutes walk of the city centre but on a relatively quiet street. The staff were very pleasant and helpful and the rooms very comfortable and clean.

Celebrating my partner 50th birthday, he loved every minute of it.

Nothing really apart from maybe a discount price for staying another 2days Also maybe fresh water in the fridge.

We were stranded in Dublin by the recent severe weather & was able to stay in the same room for a extra 2 days,also very clean and pleasant.

Great location at one end of O'Connell street. Very comfortable and clean.

Reception staff not as friendly and helpful as other staff. Would have liked a bath in the very large bathroom. We had a room in the basement and could hear people walking about in the restaurant from 7.30 a.m. None of the above alter our opinion of the very good hotel.

Large room and bathroom. Friendly, helpful bar and restaurant staff.

Renovations either side of our room and we're not...

Renovations either side of our room and we're not informed that it was happening, getting woke up early in the morning to sounds of drilling, etc.

Nice and clean
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

When we got in from the pub we had no running water. Also the hotel was stinking in paint. We were woke early in the morning by polish men painting outside our room

Nice and clean

Nice stay, helpful staff, excellent location

Plugs are not anywhere near mirrors. If you are a woman blow drying or curling your hair with an iron, you can not see what you are doing.This is a big inconvenience. Adjust mirrors near outlets would be better. No washcloths only hand towels. Women need washcloths!!

Great location, pleasant staff, clean room Nice to warm towels on radiator in bathroom.....

Super spot to get around from but only two star hotel

Breakfast was not want I expected as the comments in other travel portals raved about it... they put cold cuts and tomatoes from at least a day before out including what was rather old fruit salad and the cooked breakfast too was leftovers plus fresh mixed together. Could see this as well as taste it. The service personal took the towels from us on the ground (was told to put them here for changing) and refilled them in the new pile... took photos as could not believe it! Asked the service personal to fix the grate in our room under the window (it was slightly open and let cold air in) and came back in the evening to find the grate 3/4 closed but now the window was loosened. Therefore room was cold and noise level twice than before. Used cushions and towels to block air and sound after trying to adjust window.

The positioning of the hotel was brilliant... near all the bus stops and one of the main streets of Dublin. Positive was in the morning coffee freshly ground from the coffee machine!

Had a great break in Dublin to celebrate our 17th wedding anniversary.

The coffee machine in the dining room was disappointing as it only served espresso or plain black coffee. No latte or cappuccino options so had to put cold milk in and coffee was then cold.

We were given an upgrade on our room when we checked in. So had Sky TV in the room and a coffee machine however there were no instructions so we couldn’t use it, despite trying. Location is great. Room was lovely and modern.

Cosy, good breakfast, great shower

The room was very small and although it was comfy for one night, it wouldn't be great for a longer stay. There wasn't much space between the bed and the window. Room 312. The radiator was on full when we arrived and it was hot in the room; reception sent a girl up straight away to turn it off for us. She brought the knob in with her, turned the radiator off and then took the knob with her again which was strange. There were no shower caps or bottled water provided, I think they're quite standard now.

The breakfast was very nice. There were hash browns which is always good! The shower was just what I was hoping for, large enclosure and rainforest shower. The toiletries provided were lovely. Bed was comfy. The whole hotel was very quiet but it was a Monday.

Surprised my fiancee with 2 nights in Dublin and this hotel was perfect for the job

We had a grubby towel on arrival but it was quickly replaced by the staff.

Surprised my fiancee with 2 nights in Dublin for her birthday. The hotel far exceeded my expectations with a lovely room, great staff and only a short walk from O'Connell Street. Perfect for what we needed and an excellent price.

Room without a view

View from our room number 143 of brick wall and metal about 2feet from the window. renovations being done so broken furniture left in corridors and hammering started at 8.30am .we were only there for one night so wasn't a problem but would be if longer stay.were given a 4 bed room .only booked twin I suspect they may be nicer as it was cavernous and not very warm .overall it was value for money but only as we booked ahead if I had paid more I would have been aggrieved with such an odd room.

Easy to find.clean .breakfast buffet was nice .hot food could have been hotter.was included in our room rate but wouldn't pay extra for it .

Excellent location and very comfortable stay. Will definitely return next time we come to a Dublin.
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

Possibly small snags in Bathroom that could be fixed (pull for shower on tap broken but still working),

Very comfortable bed and high standard of clean room.

Dublin adventure
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

Bathroom needs updating Re decorating property and was a bit noisy on the Monday morning.

Great location for walking and exploring.Near tour bus route.Staff very helpful.Very clean room.

Good value stay for location

Room was located next to side street and we were disturbed early hours of morning by lorries making lots of noise.

Great location close to O’Connell street and easy check-in

A very enjoyable stay at a very pleasant hotel at a resonable price.

Previously visited the hotel 3 years ago and it was a good standard then. It has since been renovated to a high standard and this made the stay even more enjoyable.

Room smelt of paint.
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

Room smelt of paint. Had a noisy unsettling night due to students singing. Complained to night staff but noise continued, had to get to and speak to the students myself to shut them up. The hotel did however refund the cost of the nights stay.

Room was clean,tidy and beds comfortable.
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

due to refurbishing kitchen was not doing evening meals, we felt we should have been informed in advance. Breakfast was only adequate, and staff were not promptly refilling hot food. we had to wait for 15 mins for scrambled eggs.

Room was clean,tidy and beds comfortable. Location great for Luas.

Very Happy with location and service. If staying in Dublin again I will gladly book again

There was nothing I really disliked. Probably would of changed the throw over on the bed to something nicer but that just opinions.

Bathroom was perfect. Nice and spacious and Sky Tv was an added bonus.

the reception
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

room not very clean find a socks in the back of heat two beds missing wheels, very dirty under the bed no washing hands get tv control not working the heat was cool they need bring me a portable heat wall arround the room very dirty bed wozent good, breakfast food over heat very dry .

the reception

Happy staff and a great experience.
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

There were a few party goers in the street and also a group came home above us late at night and it was a bit loud but they soon settled and it was no stress.

We were able to check in a little early as the room was ready . It was close to everything and the price was great.

The room was a lot bigger than expected.

We were not notified prior to our stay that there would be renovations taking place. Although there were signs around the hotel apologising for the appearance during the renovation,(which personally I didn’t see anything unusual), we were not told that we would be woken up at in the morning by drilling/hammering etc.

The room was a lot bigger than expected. Great bathroom, very clean, loved the shower.

Bit of a let down but not the worst!
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

The room was very very dated compared to the pictures on the website, the water didn't work in our original room so we got moved to a new room which had an even smaller television and more rips/holes in the bedding. I requested a high floor and ended up on the first which wasn't the best, you can hear everything in this hotel...when a door slammed the headboard of the bed would shake! The rooms were advertised with nespresso machines yet we had an old white/yellow kettle with some instant coffee sachets. Not bad for the price/location but do not expect the rooms to look anything like the photos or you'll be so disappointed.

Bed was comfortable, the shower was very powerful and warm

Hen party
    • Quadruple Room (4 single beds)

Not really clean, shower curtain dirty. Table covered in drinks marks, bottom of curtain all black mold!

Quad rooms were good big rooms. Good for a night out with larger group