Reviews of My Place Dublin Hostel

89/90 Lower Gardiner Street, D1 Dublin, Ireland

Based on 546 hostel reviews

6.1

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Do yourself a favour and avoid it
    • Bed in a 8-Bed Female Dorm

There was no kitchen availabe for people sleeping in dorms and that's a huge thumbs down. You are obliged to eat out each evening and you can't bring food in the hostel. Never seen such a thing. And of course, there was not breakfast offered. Windows were locked and could not be opened, even if the room needed some fresh air sooo bad, the smell in the room was unbereable. The second night I preferred stay awake all night rather than go back and try to sleep in that horrible dorm. Mattresses were in a pitiful state. I had been charged an extra nigth though I had checked out two days before, I am still waiting for an answer to my complain

The receptionists were both very helpful and the showers...
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

The room was very dark with no natural light being let in.. but good for my hangover !

The receptionists were both very helpful and the showers were good. I liked being able to have a room to eat my own food and make use of the kettle and free coffee.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

I liked the location, and the bed linen in the bag.
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

I actually booked for a 4 bed room and when I arrived they told me they’d over booked and put me in a 18 (?) bed room, which was really disappointing. I picked this particular hostel as it was the only one I could find with 4 beds so it was quite annoying to be “downgraded”

I liked the location, and the bed linen in the bag. The beds were comfy too.

Good location but thats all .
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

No kitchen or microwave ?! Please... Expensive for what you get ( just a bed, no real commun space) The key to the room was working one time out of two. Impossible to charge your phone, from your bed when you're on the top one. Nothing to lock your luggage in the room. ( no locker inside )

Good location Easy check-in check out 24h 2 Bathroom for the door

Fair
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The doors were super noisy. I arrived at 3am and tried to be as silent as I could but ended up waking everybody up because of the noisy doors. There was no hot water when I showered. I suffered so much! The top beds were so scary! There was no protection. If you move when you’re asleep, be careful, you may end up falling down!

The location was good enough. Easy to reach from the airport even during the night. Price was decent for Dublin

The space was very easy to find and there were proper...

The only thing I did not like about the hostel was the dryness of the air from the air conditioner (which I realise isn't entirely in the hostel staff's control).

The space was very easy to find and there were proper ventilation and toilet facilities in the bedrooms! I also enjoyed the bookshelves and reading spaces that were available to us.

I am really sorry but the public showers are not good.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

I am really sorry but the public showers are not good. There is an utter contradiction between the other areas of the whole setting and that sort of part of the dwelling

Adequate but glad to be out.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

Four bed dorm and room was small. Ensuite shower and toilet were small but adequate. No windows so room was black if no light on.

Staff members were nice and helpful.

My stay at My Place Dublin
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff were really friendly and helpful. Everything was clean which is always comforting. It was very central and super close to a supermarket and the main square so really useful. They supplied spoons, forks, knives, cups, cold water and a kettle which was super useful for a backpacker like myself to make soups for dinner. They had a great common area with great wifi!

In a good position for sight seeing.
    • Bed in a 8-Bed Female Dorm

No fridge or basic cooking facilities. They let homeless people stay who are disruptive, abusive and careless.

In a good position for sight seeing. No traffic noise.

I have been impressed by the cleanliness of the place.
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

I have been impressed by the cleanliness of the place. I did not taste any drink ( coffee, tea, etc ) or any meal, so in that front I have nothing to say, but the setting itself is good and well maintained. all my sincere congratulations.

I really liked living room, it was conect whith hotel
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

I did not like place where we was sleaping, bathroom was very dirty and bad was not prepare for us like normaly, everyone prepared bed for himself/herself

I really liked living room, it was conect whith hotel

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Not enough air

The smell of the rooms and the building, because of the lack of windows and aeration. The ambiance is not a "cool cozy hostel vibe", pretty creepy.

The super easy access to the airport

The hostel was ok but no real hostel environment and no kitchen.
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

The room had too many beds, a lot of noise during the night. There's no kitchen and the bathrooms are extremely far from the rooms. People who stayed were quite unsociable, but that's not the hotel's fault.

The beds were comfortable, the hotel was well decorated, clean and the shared areas were very big and comfortable. There were plugs near the beds to charge the phone. The location is great, near all needed places.

Awful. Never again!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Awful experience. First was put in a filthy room which 2 elderly men were living in. Once I placed my bag on the floor the men started to move it etc. Complained and was moved into another room BUT at 2am! Filthy and Cramped. Staff are clueless and rude. People are living in the rooms long term and are allowed to. Avoid this place!!!

Ridiculous price for what you get!
    • Bed in a 10-Bed Dorm

Way too expensive for what you get! My boyfriend and I paid 90 euro for 2 beds in a 10 bed dorm...for one night!!! I know Dublin is expensive but this was ridiculous! Even with the price you pay, you have to put the sheet etc. on your own bed and breakfast is NOT included. Never again! I'd rather pay an extra 50 euro to stay somewhere decent next time, not a frickin 10 bed dorm for 90 euro!!

The bed you have to dress yourself is somewhat comfy. Close enough to the main street

Fair enough for the price paid
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The whole building is old and needs a little bit of refurbishment. Not a single rack in the showers, so you don´t have where to hang your towel on. A little moisty smelling from some halls/rooms. The sinks were not properly cleaned. Bathrooms definitely need further cleaning and benches, racks, hangers, and shower selves

Location in the city centre. Large living room with plenty electric sockets to plug the chargers in. Vending machine in the living room. Bunk beds o.k.

One Night Stay With Friend
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I stayed in a 4 bed dorm. Room was underground so no windows. Bunk bed were metal with no railings on top bunk. Luggage room accessible to anyone with key card. Definitely could use some redecorating but the price is so cheap and I was only there for one night so I guess I can't complain too much.

Great price for the location. Staff are all so lovely and helpful always willing to help. Common areas are very nice, big bright airy rooms with lots of seating.

as expected for the price
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

The usual draw-backs of hostels, where sleep is not that easy depending on whom you share the dorm with. Moreover the kitchen is displayed as "temporarily closed", and I'm not sure it is really temporary...

Cheap and well located

Minimum effort
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

I went to have a cup of tea at the breakfast buffet , not realising that breakfast wasn't included in my room. The lady in the kitchen came out and told me off like I was a school kid . I had to dump my tea down the drain. Every other hostel I have been in has breakfast ( continental) available for guests. The kitchen lady was abrupt, rude , I'll mannered, lacked empathy as I genuinely didn't know. This is NOT how your supposed to treat your guests ! I will never be back ! I am a very balanced minded person and never leave bad reviews but for this I do make an exception.

Front desk guy was nice and understanding

Cheap and central
    • Bed in a 10-Bed Dorm

Bathrooms were in a dungeon and felt very uncomfortable with them and some of the people that were staying there also added to feeling of being I'm easy.

Cheap and central

AVOID it, even if the price is attractive. NO KITCHEN!
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

There is NO kitchen!! It's not written anywhere on their website or on the description! I should have read the comments, but the price was attractive at the time and i didn't. My mistake... There was no air condition in the 14 bed dorm, no windows just small transparent tiles and few fans that makes the dorm not breathable. The bed is uncomfortable, you can feel the mattress springs. The shared toilets have barely enough space for you legs and I am just 162cm (5.3ft); the showers (some are so small that you cant even go in it) have nothing to put your clothes on it, so it will end up wet at some point. I did pay very cheap for that room but i checked and it can go up to 50€, it's definitely not worth it! Better pay a few Euros more and have a better hostel with kitchen available and sometimes at the same price breakfast included!

It's clean... and it's not far from any attraction

Lovely breakfast. Good staff. More plugs sockets and lamps needed in dorms!
    • Bed in a 8-Bed Female Dorm

Not enough plug sockets in rooms and some of them were nowhere near the beds, no lamps or small lights near the beds.

The common area in this hostel is huge with sofas and table and chairs. Great breakfast, good coffee.

The staff were nice.
    • Bed in a 10-Bed Dorm

There were some blood stains in the bathroom. The beds were not faced length ways against the wall so without bars on the top bunk, the risk of moving in my sleep and falling is was very high.

The staff were nice. And it was cheap.

Good for a short-term visit but not on a budget.
    • Bed in a 10-Bed Dorm

However, a lot more negative than positive. Considering the cost of the room for five days, it was expected that breakfast would be included. It was much more expensive than expected, and thankfully I knew the area so I was able to go to a supermarket instead. There was no kitchen available due to repairs, which wasn't made clear at check-in, which was very disappointing. Bathrooms and showers were also very difficult to find, and involved at least two stairwells only to find hot water with limited pressure.

Reasonable location with well-meaning staff. Staff were accommodating after an issue with keycard, making sure of a backup bed. Beds themselves were comfortable and easy in which to sleep. There were tea/coffee-making facilities but only with self-bought coffee.

Don't stay here.
    • Bed in a 10-Bed Dorm

The kitchen has been closed for months for 'refurbishment'. It's a scam of some sort to make people pay for their breakfast. They don't even provide tea or coffee making facilities. Disgraceful. The showers and toilets are like something from a prison.

Our group were all in the same room, comfy and spacious.
    • Bed in a 10-Bed Dorm

Wished there was a shower in the room, as we only had a toilet and a luggage room.

Our group were all in the same room, comfy and spacious. Great location.

It was a pleasant experience
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

Would have loved to be made aware of the private rooms with just females !

The staff was really friendly, and helpful all the time ! They always smiled and greeted me. Asking if I needed anything.

Cheap place with no hostel atmosphere
    • Bed in a 8-Bed Female Dorm

There is no kitchen and it was not clearly said in the description. No atmosphere. Cheap price looked like they want yo attract guests but with breakfast at extra cost.

Great staff, both at reception and for breakfast. Breakfast was very good with plenty of food and cooked eggs. Bed mattress excellent. Bathroom with the dorm.

Bad Staff
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The staff, I guess the Mexican guy again was deactivating my card all the time. I mean my key card when always was missing functions. And I've been informed that somebody has deactivate. but I was still staying there. So annoying all the time ask for key card activation. Just because somebody deactivate for some reason who I don't know why.

Not sure about more than one night...
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

Extremely noisy with regards to the building itself. It was such a pity but I honestly got no sleep and left even earlier to go to the airport (3:30am) because I couldn't take it. Squeeky beds and floor boards. I feel I should have just slept at the airport. The dorm had a toilet just outside, which was great but then the shower and toilet connected to the room-this caused even more interruptions with the light and noise level. No individual lights if you want to read after a manditory lights out. No alcohol allowed in the common room- I can understand this in a way. Atmosphere was a bit bland. I only stayed one night on my own, so it was fine in general and just giving my feedback.

Despite the negative reviews I did find the place a lot cleaner than expected. We were given a bag on arrival with clean sheets and a pillow. Decent location within walking distance to O'Connell st./Spire (could be worse for the price) Quite big common area with a vending machine. Secure entrance with 24/7 attendance. Free water available. Friendly staff. Seemed to have been newly redone with a clean shower. Towel available (€1.50 fee). Value for money for Dublin.

Nice hostel with great location - a bit overpriced for what you get.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The bed was very uncomfortable, our window for the room was directly above the outside bins which made it really difficult to get some fresh air...also, the hostel is next to a club - if you are in Dublin to party its a good spot but if you'd prefer to sleep sometimes then maybe choose another hostel.

The bathroom was clean and modern, the kitchen provided basic stuff (coffee, tea, toast, some leftover free food etc.), there were free events each day, the lounge area was modern (not very cosy though).

• Bed in a 8-Bed Female Dorm

No sockets near the beds or in the shared bathroom... No lockers in the dorm, only at the reception which is not convenient Top bed is not secured

Location Optional breakfast Bathroom in the dorm

Great location, BUT very poor overall...
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

I did not like several aspects of this hostel. The first one and the most important: The booking advertisement of this hostel shows a common room (with a billiard - which I really like to play and interact with people) and also advertises a kitchen. None of those places were available during my stay, nor were their respective pictures removed from the Booking website. I travel alone and the reason why I go to Hostels is to meet new people to hang out with them. But the common room was being repaired - together with the common kitchen, which made the experience worse. I had to throw away some frozen food because I could not keep them in the fridge. The hostel staff did not seemed to surprised when I asked them when the common room would be in order again. The receptionist told me he had no prevision. The common room was the only place people where people could drink alcoholic beverages, since it was blocked, NO ALCOHOL ALLOWED IN THE HOSTEL. The bathroom is not comfortable - and they do not provide soap neither shampoo, so bring your own. You can get the towel at the reception by paying 1.50 euros, which is a fair price. The breakfast is good, but is provided from 8am till 10am, which is a small time frame. The kitchen staff could be more polite too, specially because they are the first ones that we interact with at the beginning of the day. The lockers are far from the rooms.

The location is amazing. It is very close to the city center and the airport bus (line 474) stops right in front of the hostel. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The hostel public is respectful, reliable and quite (except by a group of three young adults - teenagers maybe - who were very laud in the mornings).

Excellent hostel with a warm welcome in all area's. Clean and quiet and the breakfast is yummy
    • Bed in a 10-Bed Dorm

the place was great i don't have any negative vibes here, i'm looking to stay here again on many occasions coming up, i'm going to ask around for others if they would like to stay here too. all good .

The hostel is very well run and lots of different things to do, very warm and clean. The amenities are very cheap. the location is great for Dublin city. It's also a safe enough area and plenty to do with tours outside of Dublin. They even have brochures to help you find a place to visit and they book it there too.

Close to the center, good for a night to crash.
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

Toilets was far away from the room, they were in a basement. It was not pleasant to shower with cold water there.

Close to the center, good for a night to crash. Stuff was friendly

Good location, spacious rooms, ensuite bathroom in the 14...
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

No kitchen, no barriers on top bunk and no shelf so no where to put even a drink bottle at night if you are on the top bunk.

Good location, spacious rooms, ensuite bathroom in the 14 bed dorm. Lots of power points, lots of sitting areas in the lobby. Really fast wifi. Helpful staff.

The person at the reception has taken copy of my ID without...
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The person at the reception has taken copy of my ID without my consent, violating both my rights, the Irish law, and the EU Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC.

Sufficient for a cheap overnight
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The bathroom in the room wasn't very clean it could have been cleaner or more facilities in order to clean it yourself after use.

The beds were comfy and it suited us as we were only there for one night. It was nice and warm especially on such a cold winter day.

only stayed one night. Had a large room all female with bathroom appreciate this!
    • Bed in a 8-Bed Female Dorm

Lights out rule, and thought breakfast was included and was not (but seemed to be a good value for breakfast buffet).

Location was good, public transportation and bus to airport near by, nice common area, and loved the bathroom in the room.

Came because of the availability, Stayed because of the price!
    • Bed in a 10-Bed Dorm

I'm hard pressed to find something to complain about here. Ummm..... Some hot cocoa and fluffy slippers maybe? Lol

Great central location and super helpful staff. I only booked a couple of minutes before walking through the door of the hostel (as the hostel i was booked into just down the road had overbooked me) and tbh I don't think they had even received my booking yet but were still so efficient. Value for money I don't think could have been any cheaper in the whole of Dublin!!! I have never been happy to be overbooked before but this hostel was cleaner, friendlier AND CHEAPER!! WIN WIN for me :)

It's OK for short periods like a week top.
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

I had problems with a roommate that simply doesn't take showers. And since the room was rather too small for two bunk beds, the smells inside wasn't pleasant. Also, not enough space for bags and luggage. I saw one customer that had to check out earlier, didn't getting refund for the extra days he had already paid for but wouldn't be using.

In general, customers and staff are friendly with a few exceptions.

Good price, but could be much better

Too many corridors and stairs make it hard to go to the bathrooms and showers all the time. Beyond that, the way to the bathroom and this one itself were pretty cold. Showers required us to press one button at each 24 seconds, in order to release water. This could be easily improved by, at least, longer periods of water flow (1min e.g.). Absence of kitchen made the people who were sharing room with us to prepare their meals inside the room, which released a strong and unpleasant smell of food. Barely no ventilation in the room.

Location of hostel is great. Close to a good supermarket and within walking-distance from the main POI of Dublin. Beds are comfortable and clean sheets are provided and are also pleasant. Hostel cleanliness is great.

• Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The light in my room (shared with other people) wasn't good. Always dark, looked like a jail :( My friend stayed in another room and it was perfect :)

The staff was really friendly! :)

Couldn't wait to leave.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The beds smelled bad. We only stayed two nights and on both nights were woke up to a member of staff very rudely shouting asking us our names even though we'd checked in only a couple hours prior. The second time they woke us saying we had to move beds. We were given no reason as to why and when we arrived we were not allocated a bed and took the only 2 beds that were available. Also the beds weren't even numbered so how they knew or how we were supposed to know we were in the wrong beds baffles me. It's not a fun or lively as most hostel are. The guy at the reception accused us of not returning the luggage room key to him on two occasions of which both times he was mistaken. The toilet at reception was so disgusting we could never use it.

It was nice that it was just slightly outside the centre, Still lots of things around and only a 15 minute walk to town. Dublin is my favourite place! The hostel let you keep your luggage in the luggage room even after you've checked out.

We’ve just gotten back from our stay at “my place” our first...
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

Only downside was there being no communal room or kitchen as it’s being refurbished so we had to stop in the room which at time was annoying for some of the others who wanted to sleep. All in all tho the hostel was great!

We’ve just gotten back from our stay at “my place” our first experience of a hostel and we can honestly say it was brilliant! Staff were amazing, so friendly and able to put up with 2 over the top English girls. We had a blast and are already looking into coming back.

Nice staff, secured hostel and warm showers.
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

The lack of ventilation in the dorm. 14 persons sleeping creates strong smells...

Nice staff, secured hostel and warm showers. The common area was nice to hang out at.

My Place is without doubt your first port of call in Dublin
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

I expected little but a 6 hour rest between landing at the airport to getting the rail home the next morning, but this exceeded my expectations. No complaint's from me whatsoever....

The staff were very accommodating and helpful. I felt looked after and safe there. It was cold December and freezing, but inside was spacious lounge and warn with lovely Christmas tree. I stayed in a 4 bed dorm, and the two other guests where friendly and tolerant. The bathroom was clean and modern. I could not believe the value to the quality of accommodation at your service. The Wifi was excellent too. I did not stay for breakfast. But the location was beside the main bus station, easy walk to Connolly station, the Luas and the Dart.... very happy and will come back again))))) Thanks to all there and the staff.

Website detailed common areas and kitchen which were not...
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Website detailed common areas and kitchen which were not available during my stay. Nor was a refund provided due to lack of these facilities. Would not recommend

Dublin for backpackers
    • Bed in a 10-Bed Dorm

For the price, would be most appropriate if the breakfast was included

It's organized and clean. In a hostel, we've got a large room and a toilet in the room

I will recommend to my daughters for the cleanliness, central location, very friendly staff

There was a mix up with 2 guests allocated the same bed, but this was cleared up efficiently and pleasantly, so isn't really a negative

Value was great. Was very clean. Character was lovely in the basement bathrooms. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful.

It‘s the most horrible Hostel I‘ve ever been! Wouldn’t recommend it!!!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Dormitory Room

No Windows in the room (you feel like in a prison and dont‘t know which time it is because there is no daylight, room in the basement, no door handle in the bathroom to close the door, dirty and stinkig room + bathroom, mold in the bathroom, unfriendly personal, horrible high beds and mattresses, loud noises in the room because of the ventilation system...and maybe homeless people will be your roommates...

Just the aspect that the hostel is near the centre...

Shower and it is warm
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

They.dont have included breakfest..peaople cant use kitchen ..hostel doesn't have anything interesting.the rain is falling thought the hostel.and you cant even drink even water from hostel except those fridge,where you need pay 1-euro

Shower and it is warm

Welcoming staff, free luggage room even after checkout!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

There was no lock and no light in the bathroom during my whole stay...

Welcoming staff, free luggage room even after checkout! The hostel is really secure!

Nothing i like about the property.
    • Bed in a 10-Bed Dorm

No privacy in the shower area, no towel hanging option not even a simple shampoo holder. Room was noisy because of air-conditioning. No breakfast in the morning. Breakfast cost €9.

Nothing i like about the property. It was last minute option for me so i grab it.

Very Basic
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

Croatian Staff is very strict looking for my passport. I checked the website, nothing to say about passport, all the hostels accept photographic identification card but he insisted my passport. It was very annoying, good thing, I saved my passport in my e-mail. Beds are just alright but no bars at the second deck so be careful. Need to pay additional 7 euros for breakfast. My bed is literally in-front of the toilette.

Clean common areas, location and affordable price on weekend

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Worst hostel in dublin
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

The room had like 80 degrees...i slept beneath an air conditioner that was louder than 4 snorers combined. The bathroom was miles away and the showes were wayyyyy too hot! That all for a relativly high price....my worst hostel in ireland, would never recommend it

Professional staff, good location

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

They have a line of public showers that are located in the...
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

They have a line of public showers that are located in the basement. Public showers. Also, the beds are squeaky and uncomfortable. Lastly, they seem to target a different demographic of travelers. There were more 40 something travelers than the other hostels I stayed at. The atmosphere of a 40 year old couple staying in a hostel is very different than a 20 something traveler staying in a hostel.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

Horrible
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

The Irish guy on during the day is pig ignorant and horrible.they pre authorise your card.the beds are very uncomfortable the springs on the mattress were sticking into me.the bed is really low and they charge 7 euro for breakfast.so don't stay there lots if better places in Dublin.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Dorm at Your Own Risk
    • Bed in a 8-Bed Female Dorm

Dorm beds had springs. Half the bunks had no reading light. Mattress sheet was not changed in between occupants (I observed this), and were filthy with hair and a fingernail! Showers are a flight down in a freezing cavern. Press the button every minute to keep the water going. Charge for towels. Wifi was sucked up half the time by the guys (who were friends with the staff) in the day room playing mmorpgs. So forget wifi. Day desk guy was rude and couldnt be bothered. I stood for an awkward amount of time while waiting to ask a question while he stared at his computer. After viewing the wretched dorm (even a hostel bed must meet a minimum standard of decency and comfort), I inquired about private rooms. None available as NYE weekend which is how I was there in the first place. Couple days later I asked to use his phone to call the ferry and he *sighed* that he really couldn't tie up the line. Sounds like a national treasure- a business with a single line. I left two days early despite the no cancellations/no refunds policy. It was that awful. Its pathetic that a property has a no refund policy but fails to give a realistic picture of what the guest is paying for.

Overnight desk guy was helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Convenient but not great service.
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

Not worth spend too much with that amount for no-breakfast. Two blank keys were provided. Not recommend to stay here unless you can't find any place.

Nightmare in Dublin
    • Bed in a 6-Bed Dorm

What I didn't like was the room it was so hot no clean air the beds were unconfirtable . Also when you need to go to the toilets you need to walk to stairs down and walk for a bit to finally arrive at the toilets and the showers were horrible and in overall not cleaned properly . What I have spend there for 2 days it was really a waste of money .

I didn't like the stay at all

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Coud have been worse. Could have been better.
    • Bed in a 8-Bed Female Dorm

I felt like what we received was not necessarily worth the price. I have stayed in cheaper hostels with more amenities. However, it was my first time staying in Dublin and it was a very last minute trip, so I didn't have the opportunity to shop and compare prices. The bathrooms are creepy but you get accustomed to it. There are also no plugs near a mirror in the bathroom area. Our room was cold. There was also a random guy playing guitar late at night (between 2am and 6am) which woke everyone up. This is not the hostel's fault, but I felt like they could have better handled the situation once I told them about it to avoid him bothering everyone.

I liked the location of the hostel. It was very cold in our room but the reception gave me an extra blanket, after which I was fine. The hostel was also clean. The WIFI connection in our dorm was good.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Not good for long stay
    • Bed in a 8-Bed Female Dorm

The showring is freezing so is the showering room. And it doesn't improve after informing the hostel staff.

The location is good,close to bus terminal and centre . Good security Save to stay

Very good central Dublin location
    • Bunk Bed in Mixed Dormitory Room

Toilets need to be clean more often.

The guy at the reception was kind and very helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

no fridge or any kitchen facilities, everything extra paid

no fridge or any kitchen facilities, everything extra paid

Very clean bed linen.
    • Bed in a 14-Bed Dorm

No kitchen, no internet in the bathrooms, showers weren't great at all.

Very clean bed linen.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Positive

no self catering facilities

comfy beds, locker

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Okay, they have lockers, and nice comfy beds

They have no self catering, and no places to wash your cups and dishes

They have no self catering, and no places to wash your cups and dishes

A rip-off
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

It is a homeless hostel with drunk local beggars staying on a nightly basis . It shouldn’t advertise itself as a tourist destination.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

All good location

All good location

All

All

overall good value for money would have liked a fridge to put the food i had bought in.
    • Bed in a 8-Bed Female Dorm

kitchen staff unfriendly , bed uncomfortable,

staff were friendly at reception , nice and clean, not to noisy great location,