Reviews of Bunratty Manor Hotel 3 stars

Bunratty Village, Bunratty, Ireland

#14 of 20 hotels in Bunratty

• Deluxe Double Room

Even though we only stayed for two nights, this hotel was wonderful. Good location and wonderful staff. The restaurant was so good we ate there both nights. Our room was very comfortable and quiet.

• Deluxe Triple Room

There was some mold along the top corners of the bathroom. Also the neighbors upstairs seemed to be very noisy until I reported them to the front desk.

The staff was very accommodating and friendly. Hotel was clean and looked very nice.

• Deluxe Triple Room

The Wi-Fi did drop a little.

The staff couldn't have been more friendly or accommodating with everything I asked. I would recommend this hotel for anyone exploring the area and it is just 10 minutes drive from Shannon Airport.

Shower door seal leaks onto floor. Minor maintenance is needed to the building. Little TLC.

Location and elegant. Also live Irish music in the bar at night.

• Deluxe Family Room

Uncomfortable bed. I think it was unseasonably warm but our room was very stuffy.

It was a quiet location. Very close to Bunratty Castle. Nice to have food available there for breakfast and dinner.

• Deluxe Triple Room

The only negative part of our stay was that construction next door started quite early in the morning. I can't blame that on the hotel as they have no control over it but it would have been nice to have been warned about it in advance.

Staff was amazing and helpful. Rooms were clean and well stocked.

• Deluxe Double Room

... the rooom was upstairs.. no porter... no lift.

We booked this hotel because it was close to Shannon Airport... and really were not expecting much... boy, were we surprised! Not only was it convenient... it was charming ... and the restaurant was excellent!

• Deluxe Double Room

Beautiful family run inn. Staff couldn’t have been more helpful or friendly. Not much around but close to Bunratty Castle the main attraction and a few restaurants and bars.

• Deluxe Family Room

More expensive than expected, especially restaurant and extra charge for breakfast.

Very spacious family room, cosy atmosphere, quality, taste and choice of food were excellent at dinner and breakfast.

• Deluxe Triple Room

We had breakfast everyday at hotel . Staff was more than helpful in making sure they got whatever you needed to eat, as we arrived late a few days. Food was great. Sorry that other plans did not allow us to eat dinner at the hotel, as I was told by many that the food was exceptional . I was even able to get my jeans washed at a low price !!

• Deluxe Triple Room

Room needs a full update. Bathroom had dirty grout . Sink had separate faucets for hot and cold. Beds were hard and old. You can hear people walking in room above ours. Tiny shower.

Great staff , from checking in to bar staff all exceptional

• Deluxe Triple Room

My dinner order was lost between the table and the kitchen. The staff handled the mix up well though. The food was exceptional, so I would go back again.

Quiet

• Deluxe Double Room

Having to leave and go home...

The welcome,the staff,the food,the warmth and comfort,the fun,the laughter,the room,the bed,the cleanliness....I don't think there is enough room for more to say. It was amazing!!!😊

The family room was HUGE which was a lovely surprise. Staff were very welcoming and happy to answer our questions....and help our son find his ball cap. The pub is small but quaint and had a lovely fire going which was very cosy after a long rainy day of travel. Lot of selection for breakfast, over and above your standard Irish breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room

Hotel was spotless , food great and staff were absolutely lovely . The whole experience was relaxing and really enjoyable . Not one fault to be had .

• Deluxe Triple Room

The bed wasn't comfortable so none of us had a good nights sleep.

The food was excellent but need to be careful when ordering specials as this means the set meal is a lot more expensive ... overall though lovely hotel and great location

• Deluxe Triple Room

Guests leaving the restaurant late in the evening/night are behaving definitely too loud.

It wasn't the first time we were staying at the hotel. Excellent location, comfortable and warm room, nice staff.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Outside is beautiful, inside needs a facelift, atleast our room.

Breakfast was very good. Staff was very helpful and nice. Cant get past our broken and dirty bathroom.

• Deluxe Double Room

Hotel room is comfortable and we had no issues. However, it is an older building and the style of the room reflects this.

The staff were excellent. Very friendly with helpful tips.

• Deluxe Triple Room

We had a room that has a roof leak, so there was a small puddle in the corner near the shower in the bath. Not a big deal, but it didn't create the impression of a well cared for property either.

The hotel is convenient to Shannon airport, and right next door to Bunratty Castle. The desk staff was very helpful (even helped carry our bags up the stairs to our room). It's a solid mid-range hotel with average rooms.

• Deluxe Family Room

Our room was above the bar/restaurant it was very noisy. They turned the music off at 9pm but the noise from the people downstairs continued to keep us awake. There was very little water pressure and hot water in the evening when too many people were using the shower. The hotel is not within a safe walking distance to Bunratty Castle, the road is very busy. Finally, the room was very cold on arrival and it took hours for the room to warm up.

Food was excellent at the bar/restaurant Breakfast was very good also.

No complaints.

Beautiful family run hotel, friendly staff, amazing food. Definitely recommend and will return to this hotel. Prefect location if you are going to see Christmas in Bunratty.

It was very noisy, not one bit sound proof we could hear people talking downstairs, in the room next to us. The paint was coming off the wall in our room, it just could do with a bit of tlc.

The staff were lovely really welcoming! The Xmas Decorations were fabulous!

• Deluxe Double Room

Food best ever had out There was a private function at the hotel but they offered us the same menu which was amazing Beautiful warm cosy hotel Staff lovely and friendly even sat with us for a chat

• Deluxe Triple Room

Was sorry to have missed the restaurant as it does not open on mondays but reception directed us to another lovely restaurant only a short walk away.

Staff were lovely. Hotel was so cosy and warm.

The Bunratty manor was beautiful. Decorated for Christmas. The Staff was amazing. So friendly and accommodating. There was 20 of us staying there. It was so warm and cozy. We loved it there.

Everything was perfect

We loved how comfortable and warm the whole manor was, the staff , the rooms, the Christmas decorations made it perfect for our last night in Ireland. Wish we could have stayed at the manor longer. Thank you 😊

• Deluxe Double Room

I thought the breakfast was a bit expensive for what it was. It was good, but not as much as I would have expected for the price.

This was a nice change from staying at a bit hotel chain. The staff were very nice and helpful. It was a great place to stay for seeing the surrounding area.

Not a thing!

We have been staying here for many years and have never, ever been disappointed in our stay. I always feel like I am staying with family when I am there! Our room is beautiful and very roomy! It is usually our last night in Ireland, so the location to a rousing night at Durty Nellie's or a quiet gourmet dinner at Gallaghers is great. The proximity to last minute shopping at the Woolen Mills and to the airport is just an added bonus!

• Deluxe Double Room

As we entered the hotel I was greeted with "Are you in the right place ?" I'm still not sure of the significance of this. They appeared to be hosting a function that evening so maybe that was the issue. Our room smelled of smoke and the shower was dirty and mouldy. As always, the duvets provided are too hot so we were pleased to see there was a blanket in the wardrobe - unfortunately is was not clean. Our room was also extremely noisy - we thought we were in a fairly remote spot, but we were woken by many, many groups of people walking down the road, laughing and screaming at the top of their voices. I'm not sure where they came from - maybe the pub had just closed

The hotel was beautifully decorated and parking was easy

I like it all but the only drawback is all the hotels in the area have a similar name so I would hope I book the right one when I intend to return.

We had 2 children under 3 and the family room is excellent as its roomy with a sofa so you can put one child with the tv while settling the other. The bath is great, hot water, clean and warm. Everything you need for the smallies!!!

• Deluxe Double Room

Loved it. The location was perfect for our day trips. Just wished I had booked a room that was across the hall. They looked like they had been recently renovated. I'd stay there again in a minute. Restaurant was also great.

• Deluxe Triple Room

No one can fault this place.

It was so luxurious that I had to check it was the right place when I checked in as the cost did not equate to the luxury!! Huge, clean, comfortable room with bath. Great wifi and my family room has 2 TVs. In house restaurant has won awards (didn't get chance to try dinner but the 10 eu breakfast is excellent. Night staff, off street parking and very friendly staff make this place a gem. Even a cute resident friendly huskie! We used this place as a base for the banquet at bunratty castle. A 10 min walk if that. Highly recommended.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Shower backed up so standing in a pool of water. I'm sure staff would have rectified if I had mentioned it as they were very helpful. We only stayed one night so it wasn't worth mentioning.

The room was big and it was very close to the castle. Parking was great.

• Deluxe Family Room

All staff were great except one , she was a little rude but I don't know her name . Other then that the peppery is great . Breakfast was good and the room was clean .

Close to Bunratty Castle, Blarney Woolen mills & Durty Nelly's pub

• Deluxe Double Room

No control of temperature in room - had to sleep with window partially open to get cool air, thus allowing insects possibly into room.

Location of hotel and cleanliness of room

No complaints

The family owners were so friendly and made us all feel so welcome. They helped us with directions/ travel plans. I felt like I was in a Hallmark movie. They greeted us by name, even the children!

• Deluxe Double Room

Bed was uncomfortable. Shower was very small.

Proximity to airport. Lovely little town to walk around. So close to Bunratty Castle. Great restaurant right across the road. Super friendly caring staff. Room was ready early.

• Deluxe Family Room

We had the family room which was very roomy. There was plenty of room for 4 of us and It had a very large bathroom. The service at the front desk was excellent. They helped us with any questions we had, and even helped when I needed information on where my son would be arriving by bus from Dublin. It was wonderful to find out they had a major bus line stop directly across the street from the hotel. So convenient! My son was arriving late in the evening after the restaurant at the hotel closed so I knew he would be hungry. Upon request the staff was so kind to put together for him some wonderful homemade Irish bread and jam upon his arrival. The hotel is also walking distance to Bunratty Castle, and many restaurants and pubs, as well as a restaurant on the premises. You can even just walk across the street to get some things/food at the convenience store if desired. The morning breakfast was superb and in a beautifully decorated room. It was a nice start to our day. I am from the USA so really had a craving for french toast. Here was the only place in Ireland I could find french toast for breakfast which was excellent : ) I highly recommend Bunratty Manor Hotel to anyone especially families.

• Deluxe Double Room

Great location in the very center of the village, a quite and confortable, cosy hotel. Special thanks to the owner Noel, for the enthusiastic welcoming and tips .

Absolutely no complaints.

Staff was very helpful. We were wondering where to go for the last day of our trip and the lady suggested we go to Ennis (short drive), which turned out to be really nice and we had a great last day of our vacation. Thank you. Hotel is easy walk to Bunratty Castle & Dirty Nelly's Bar. Little gas station across the street where you can get coffee at like 6:30 a.m. Really easy ride to Shannon Airport which took barely 15 minutes. Our room was nicely furnished, clean, and comfortable.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Beautiful hotel in a great location! Professional, courteous, friendly staff all around. Lovely en suite. Close to Shannon airport, Bunratty Castle, shopping, pubs, gas station across the street for fill up prior to returning rental car.

• Deluxe Triple Room

The staff is amazingly friendly and welcoming. The beds and pillows are comfortable. Small privately owned hotel and you can tell in the service and attention to detail.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room

More time to spend around the area. But that was my fault!

Very nice quaint town with easy access to lots of things. The hotel staff helped us out by giving us tips...which were priceless. Saved us time on our trip. Really very nice people and so helpful.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Nothing. This is the place to stay

Staff excellent. I had been looking to get into the castle dinner and had sent emails to the hotel asking if they could assist. When we arrived we were told we had reservations that night. There lounge is warm, cozy, quite and a great place to relax at the end of the day. Room was excellent. When We return to Ireland we will differently be back and next time for a longer stay. Want to fill at home, this is the place. Great place for a group.

• Deluxe Triple Room

There is no half/half in all of Ireland! This is a hotel/motel type place. Its not a B&B. Breakfast was very good and fresh and individual but not included like a B&B. Very friendly service all around.

The hotel is very close to Shannon Airport and is a great place to go prior to an early flight or to go upon arrival to catch up on time change. It is very close to Bunratty castle attractions and about 25 minutes from tourist stop Ennis. There is a glitch in our room selection and the staff worked to find a cot. Room was small but clean. Parked right out front; very safe area, like all of Ireland. Near famous Dirty Nellies pub.

• Deluxe Double Room

It was more of a B&B and not really a hotel as described. The staff were lovely but it was far too over priced for what it actually was. It was €100 to stay on a Wednesday not including breakfast.

The breakfast we paid €10 extra each for was nice and cooked to order

• Single Deluxe Room

Lots of stairs so difficult with luggage. Some noise for rooms above lounge.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Bathroom en suite was luxurious. Beds were comfortable. TV & coffee in room.

• Deluxe Double Room

This hotel was one of the nicest small hotels we have stayed in! The room was large and spotless with a large bathroom wit a great shower and bath tub. The hotel has a horse racing theme with beautiful pictures and memorabilia on the walls. The staff couldn't have been friendlier and helpful. The breakfast was wonderful! A great place to stay in the Bunratty Castle area.

• Deluxe Double Room

The place was lovely, right in the village, they have the best seafood chowder in Ireland without question. The owners were on site and very friendly and pleasant. I would highly recommend this place.

• Deluxe Triple Room

We booked it because we were flying out of Shannon Airport the next day and the hotel was close (~15min). It was so nice that we regretted we didn't have time to stay longer, relax, and explore Bunratty more.

• Deluxe Family Room

The restaurant is very busy and our room overlooked the car park which was quite busy until late in the evening

Lovely sized room and a spacious family bathroom Good breakfast

• Single Deluxe Room

evening dinner was a set 3 course meal and I just wanted a light meal so I had to go elsewhere. they may have offered this but it wasn't in the menu.

beds clean bathroom excellent food delightful

Perfect location to airport (10 min away). Great bar. Last night in Ireland and the bar seems to be open 24 hours so a late night Guinness with the family was wonderful treat.

• Single Deluxe Room

There was nothing to dislike.

This is a great place to stay if you are flying in and/or out of Shannon. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious.

• Deluxe Double Room

No complaints. I would stay here again.

Location is central, walking distance to pubs. retsaurants and the folk park. Breakfast is well cooked and fresh. Rooms are comfortable. Check in and out was a breeze.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Breakfast was excellent with multiple choices. Staff was very knowledgeable. Walk to many restaurants. We came back to the hotel about 7 after being out all afternoon. Because it was Sunday, they served lunch till 4 & no dinner. We were too tired to go out to eat so they offered to make us toasted cheese sandwiches which hit the spot.

The lack of converters for hair dryer and such was inconvenient. I would not say that this facility is truly child welcoming. The heavy linens on the bed were too much for some party members.

The staff was very helpful, and accommodated the small children traveling with us. We were lucky in that although we were not aware of the need for dinner reservations at the Manor, they were able to accommodate our party of six which included two small children. The food was very good as was the service. Being allowed to leave vehicles after check out was appreciated. The proximity to Shannon Airport and Bunratty Castle made this a convenient first stop on our first visit to Ireland.

• Deluxe Triple Room

Each of us experienced a joyful, welcoming, playful environment and staff and we had a really good time just walking through The Bunratty Manor. I personally can think of nothing that I would add or change. I will look forward to returning there as well as sharing their name and references with friends who are going to Ireland and planning to land in Shannon.

Wonderful location and close to Bunratty Castle, Dirty Nellys and other wonderful restaurants. I loved the facilities, how it was decorated and how cleanly it was. The B & B was a blend of local families celebrating, including very young children and young couples. It was Father's day when we stayed and the locals and guests had delightful interaction in the garden and outdoor table area. This is a family owned and operated. I found the owner and daughter "M" were especially helpful. There were three of us sharing the room and we had enough space and privacy. Parking was very good and adequate. Additionally when we had difficulty decrypting the telephone system in Ireland and the North of Ireland where we have friend, the owner, Noel solved our confusion, not with a Guinness but by crossing extra 0000s and limiting the mis-understanding of our friend's Celtic dialect or brogue.

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

We like everything about it.

This is a fantastic family owned hotel. Rooms were large with nice furniture. Bathroom had private toilet, shower, bathtub and his and hers sinks. Everything about this location was first class.

• Deluxe Double Room

Parking was terrible when returning from a day out. Room was very small for a Superior deluxe room. Maid service was just ok. Overall, a little disappointed for the price paid.

Location was great and right near Bunratty Castle. Breakfast food was good but cost extra.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

I cannot recall any unpleasant situations, maybe a little rain "we will return again and again"

the Food was excellent, the staff wonderful and the room clean and very comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room

No elevator. But the staff helped us unload.

The staff was very helpful and the property was beautiful. The food in the restaurant was excellent and the breakfast was great! Parking was convenient and the location was great!

• Deluxe Double Room

We were there at a time when the restaurant was filled with a Bachelorette party and there was a wedding in another room and funeral in the Bar. I would assume it would be a calmer place normally. Still an awesome experience.

The property is about 10 minutes from the Shannon airport and that is why I chose it. However upon my arrival I discovered that I would have been happy spending a full day in the area. The restaurant is second to none.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room

Some staff smiley/pleasant but others aloof. Room amenities basic . Expected more for the price. Reviews made it seem special so I was disappointed that it lacked any wow factor. Restaurant very formal.

Walking distance to castle & folk park. Close to main link roads.Food good.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Very convenient location, near to Shannon International Airport. Excellent breakfast, though a bit pricey at €20 per person if not a guest. Staff very caring and helpful.

• Deluxe Family Room

The whole atmosphere of the hotel was exceptional. The staff could not have been nicer and Noel was truly lovely and found time to chat to everyone in the bar. I would go so far as to say it's the friendliest hotel we have ever stayed in. We will definitely be going back.

• Deluxe Double Room

This really isn't serious negative but there's a lot of stairs and caring luggage up some of those stairs it was not easy. Also because of the booking we did not get the complementary breakfast but it did give us a chance to eat in other places

Absolutely beautiful place pristine condition is the best stuff I've ever been involved with. They couldn't be more accommodating and helpful

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room

Bathroom is a little dated but not to worry. Bathroom was spacious and had everything we needed

Very welcoming staff, lovely comfortable room very spacious and everything we needed. Lovely quaint place and great value for money, would definitely recommend

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Deluxe Family Room

Had a triple room, family suite. 1 double and 2 single beds, one of the singles was very soft and uneven, as if there were broken springs perhaps

Short walk to Bunratty Castle for the Medieval feast Beautifully adorned large room

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

Big crack in the floor in the bathroom floor. Breakfast not included in the price.

Just the right distance from Bunratty castle. Staff friendly, good breakfast

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room

It was a wonderful stay, we loved it.

It was clean, cute, and the owners were very personable. We really enjoyed them, and the whole little town of Bunratty. Fiona is a treasure, she is truly a lady that goes above and beyond for her guests.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

• Deluxe Triple Room

Restaurant not open on Monday nights (when we where visiting!) Parking open and not secure for motorbikes although we had no issues.

The hotel in great position close to pubs, restaurants and the castle with plenty of parking on site . Owner warm and friendly offering helpful travel and route advise. Bedroom nice.. and modern and quiet

• Deluxe Triple Room

The food was excellent in the manor. And the service was brilliant. Was travelling with 2 small kids. Its more of an old style hotel with great character! Noel made us feel so welcome.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Deluxe Double Room

No real negatives during our stay

The breakfast was good and they had a variety of items. We appreciated being able to get milk for our 2 year old son. They also brought food up for us to make it easier with him during dinner hours. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. After we realized that their child crib would be too small, they put us in a room with a double and single bed for us to push together. We loved going down the road to see Bunratty Castle and eating at the Creamery Bar

Browse Bunratty Manor Hotel traveller photo gallery