Reviews of The Times Hostel - Camden Place

8 Camden Place, D2 Dublin, Ireland

#103 of 136 hotels in Dublin

Based on 1536 hostel reviews

• 3 Private Ensuite Room

The bedroom we stayed (number 27) was at street level and the curtains were not sufficient and broken, so we felt exposed.

The beds are quite confortable, the kitchen is well equiped and the staff is very kind.

• Bed in 4 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

Stayed in a mixed dorm, however was the only girl in the room. Felt uneasy about that

The bed was comfortable a end the bathroom was clean. Staff are friendly, good location too.

• Bed in 4 Bed Female Ensuite Dorm

The staff was so warm and welcoming. The location could not be better. And everything was SO clean and cozy and I was sad to leave, I loved it so much!

• Double Room Ensuite

Nothing vegan in the breakfast? It does not cost alot to provide a dairy free milk and butter as a lot of bread nowadays is vegan already. Also we found a dirty sock in our room that was definitely not ours, which makes me wonder how thoroughly do they actually clean their rooms. The noise on a weekend is REDICULOUS! It is directly opposite a night club and even with the double windows it took me hours to get to sleep! If a good/early night's sleep is your goal then this is not the hostel for you!

Staff were really lovely , Bed was very comfortable and shower was lovely. Great location for St Stephens Green and Grafton Street.

• Twin Room en suite

The hostel is close to a party street and it's noisy (also on a Thursday evening) till at least 3 AM. Noisy enough to wake up during the night. Also the 130€/night for a room is (in my opinion) overpriced, as the room furniture is scanty and the room itself small. Sure, it's a student hostel, but the price is not really for students.

The location is good, as the hostel is at a 10-15 Min walk from the city center. The staff is also very polite and helpful.

• Bed in 4 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

There was a grand total of ONE double hook for a 4-pax dorm. Totally inadequate. Hooks are really useful for hanging towels and clothes; Mgt should cater for at least two hooks per guest. The shower stall, while big, had no tray to put a bar of soap or bottle of shampoo. You had to leave it swirling on the floor of the shower stall. How about putting a foot towel outside the shower stall? Little touches like this will go a long way towards transforming this from a good place to a great place!

Bathrooms were really, really clean. Well done. My 4-pax dorm was sizable, and the ensuite bathroom was HUGE! Seems like an activity was organised every day for the guests; terrific gesture. There was free coffee and tea available 24/7.

• Bed in 4 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

No complaints, excellent value for money.

Great atmosphere, helpful and knowledgeable staff. Great location which is easy to find, and a quiet hostel considering the fact that it's position in the city and the music pubs and bars surrounding it are live and loud.

• Bed in 8 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

Take your ear plugs people!!! There were men snoring so loud. There should be rules in that hostel and it should be up on the wall for everyone to read. The room smelled so bad. Some people didn’t even showers. Smelly shoes and clothes everywhere! Seriously people.. just clean yourself and wash your clothes. The bathroom was small and had to be shared between eight people. Breakfast was ok. Simple but it met my expectations. And also, don’t leave your food in the fridge in the kitchen. I left some things in the fridge and my name was on it and all.. but someone still ate it all and didn’t even throw the packaging out 😅 seriously like.

The staff were nice and helpful.

• 4 Private Ensuite Room

Night porter was incredibly rude and unhelpful! Sarcastic and snotty towards us. The rest of the staff were amazing but he really let them down!

Beds very comfy, rooms clean, location good. Free tea/coffee available which was great but they had no milk.

• 3 Private Ensuite Room

The room was kind of damp/steamy even if we opened the window; the sink was very tiny and it had the typical double-tap, so you only gt hot and warm water seperately; if you have a weak sleep our room would be too loud as the windows were to the street and there´s a lot of party going on out there; for us it was ok.

We stayed for a couple of nights; the hostel was close to the centre; the staff was always friendly and we could leave the bags at the reception after check out to get breakfast; All together I can say that for the price it was ok!

• Bed in 6 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

I dont have anything bad to highlight

I had to stay here due to a delayed flight and this was the cheapest accommodation I could find for a Friday night. The staff was super kind, the rooms were clean and tidy, bathroom was also clean. Besides, after I arrived moody due to my delayed flight and my plans getting twisted, the girl at reception told me “there is free beer and wine, please help yourself”. FANTASTIC

• Bed in 10 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

It might be nice if you catered for vegetarian, and vegans with herbal teas, honey etc., other than that I don't find faults other than the above mentioned.

The ONLY fault I had was simply that no-one informed me that there was noise coming for clubs close by, and that there were ear plugs available, so I did not get to sleep to after 3am. It would be a good idea if you let people know about the ear-plugs, it can be the difference of getting a good nights sleep or getting no sleep. Thank you! Other than that, I loved the place and the staff were helpful :)

• Double Room Ensuite

Our room was very noisy at night as it was facing a nightclub. The free earplugs available at reception were useful though.

The room was clean and the bathroom very clean and spacious. Staff were friendly and helpful and I thought it was great that the hostel offered free evening activities.

• Bed in 4 Bed Female Ensuite Dorm

I loved the friendly staff. Before I visit Dublin I had phoned them and they were very helpful. I had a amazing time with them. Always very helpful. I even sang karaoke one night what a laugh.:) The kitchen is great preparing all my own meals :) it's a great place when you wanna meet new people from all over the world.

• Bed in 4 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

Be aware, this hostel is in the middle of party central, so it is noisy at all hours. That being said, the location was great and earplugs solved the problem in my opinion. My biggest complaint is that the staff didn't have much in terms of recommendations or advice or knowledge of the city and/or country. Especially transportation.

Location is perfect! Cannot be beat! Breakfast was decent. And of course, the beds were comfortable and clean.

• 4 Private Ensuite Room

Very comfortable beds, clean bedding, nice and helpful staff. If you are going for a weekend the area is very noisy, there are a lot of pubs around, but at the reception they give you free ear plugs;)

• 3 Private Ensuite Room

What I saw nowhere on the website was that there is a club right next door which blasts music till 5am in the week-end and 2-3am during the week. It may be fine if you stay one or two nights, but not for longer stays, especially for lightsleepers like me.

Staff was helpful and nice, overall a good place!

• Twin Room en suite

breakfast room was very busy and noisy. the hostel is located right on the other side of a night club. you can hear the bass in some of the rooms. couldn't close the door to the bathroom properly.

breakfast was okay, for 3 €. proper earplugs for free.

• Bed in 4 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

located in a nightclub / party district, so can be quite noisy at night needed to carry n keep safe 3 x key items - front door key; room swipe-card; & guest slip

great welcome clean & friendly hostel breakfast was great - help yourself (& fresh pancakes on saturday!) daily activities & promotions eg bar tours and cocktail nights great location - central for bars & restaurants & only yards away from the 757 Airport Bus stop

• Twin Room en suite

Poor ventilation on the room. Only the window of the bathroom could be opened. For this reason the room temperature was higher than expected. Sink was very small and the flow was insufficient, making it easy to overflow. Bed was quite hard. I could feel the spings on mu back.

Good location. Walking distance to the center were the pubs are. Very clean.

• Bed in 4 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

It was noisy from the nearby clubs/bars late into the night (dj thumping music) but this is beyond the hostel's control so perhaps they will invest in double/triple glazing in time to drown out the sounds as not everyone staying are young people or party animals and do want to get a decent night's sleep. (The free ear plugs helped - a bit)

Great staff. Good kitchen and washing facilities and I liked the free tea/coffee/hot chocolate and breakfast was also enjoyable and adequate. I stayed in a four bed room which I prefer and the en suite shower room had plenty of hot water. Compact but comfortable enough.

• Bed in 4 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

But the bed had too feelable springs... I don't always use the pillow when sleeping, because it makes my neck soare and hurt, but I needed to sleep with that, not to feel the springs just under my head..

I liked the place, the staff and I thought it was a great idea with all the activities for the guests!

• 3 Private Ensuite Room

No towels in rooms needed a 5€ deposit to avail of towels and towels were to be dropped back to reception when finished , check out was 10.30am and if you were late checking out it was 25€ per person, rooms were dated , if you lost your key to the room it was 25€ per key, notice in the room to strip your bed before leaving? We found this notice to be cheaky . I've stayed in many hostels but this place seemed to be money orientated and focused on trying to scam every penny from people in every way possible. unfortunately for us we didn't enjoy our stay as much as we had hoped.

Hostel was clean and warm location was as expected and staff were friendly

• 3 Private Ensuite Room

This is practically a hostel with very poor facilities, that overcharges a twin bed room. The rooms are not clean at all and the least is that it has lot's of stairs, difficult to carry luggage around. During the night there is noise from the nearby clubs , so it's hard to get some rest if you had an early wake up. Really poor accommodation in an unreasonable price!

• Bed in 10 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

No major negatives tbh someone enjoying dog barking at silly o'clock but that's not the hostels fault

Nice hostel on the putter rim of your main stays but big positive having nightclubs literally round the corner so no wasting money on taxis to and from temple bar and further drunken adventures 🍺😀

• Bed in 4 Bed Female Ensuite Dorm

Anybody asking for more should go to a hotel.

This hostel is top quality. I can't recommend it enough. Worth every single extra euro you might have to pay in comparison to cheaper options in town. I stayed in a 4 female dorm. The ensuite was as clean as one in a hotel would be. And the room is cleaned every day, spotless kitchen, your bed is made for you upon arrival! Breakfast included and they offer free dinners or a meal like wine and cheese (not sure if every day but they did the 2 nights I was there). You have tea/coffee available all day. Comfortable beds, each one has its own light and plug so no need to be taking turns with your roomies to charge phone/tablets! It was snowing the days I stayed and the heating was perfect both in rooms and common areas. Friendly staff. Safe area, buses to city center just 50mts away or a 10-15 min walk. Great experience.

• Bed in 4 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

It need a little renovation in rooms. There aren't any wardrobes or shelf.

Very nice Staff. They've helped me with power adapter 😊 also is 15-20 min from the centre by foot.

• Bed in 4 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

Beds not very comfy and can get a little loud at night.

Super friendly staff, perfect location, free events every night, free tea/coffee/hot chocolage all the time, free food fridge, 24-hour kitchen, overall the perfect place for students or friends to stay in Dublin.

• Bed in 4 Bed Female Ensuite Dorm

Room was really small for 4 people and price way to expensive for a Hostel. Breakfast was nothing special, I expected a bit more, especially because coffee was not included and costed an extra 1,50€

Personnel was really nice.

• 3 Private Ensuite Room

Stayed in a 4 bunk private room- which was great! However, the only window in the room was blocked by the bunk beds and even when we go to it, it only opened about 3-4cm....made ventilating the room very difficult, especially after showers! Also is quite near a club so might not be ideal if you're a light sleeper- didn't cause me any problems though!

Friendly staff, great location, really clean!

• Bed in 4 Bed Female Ensuite Dorm

The hostel was very nice and clean. Also the staff was very willing to help with anything I needed. All in all I had a great stay and I would recommend it anytime to anyone. Keep up the good work!

• 4 Private Ensuite Room

beds could have been better

hostel was great first time staying in one didn't like that i had to 'rent' towels for a shower and the beds weren't comfy at all but the people were great

• 3 Private Ensuite Room

Shower went freezing cold and wouldn't warm back up. Should have free towels in room.

Close to centre. Bed was comfy. Free tea coffee etc was great. Kitchen facilities great.

• 4 Private Ensuite Room

The strict breakfast timetable (it is from 7 to 10). For us, 10 is still so early

In general, we were pleased with everything. Besides, it is near many pubs and not so far from the city centre (15 min walking)

• Bed in 4 Bed Female Ensuite Dorm

The top bunk was so low, that I could not even sit on the lower bunk. In a room of four bed there was only 1 chair. At night the street is very noisy, groups of young shouting as they are going along.

Good kitchen facilities. Nice that I could borrow plug charger and locker at the reception. Good location, every tourist attraction in walking distance. Clean room and bathroom.

• 4 Private Ensuite Room

I really liked my stay at this hostel, from the offset I had great communication from the staff via e-mail before my arrival. We arrived earlier that the check in time with only half the group and the lady on reception got one of two of our 4bed private rooms cleaned early for us so we could drop our things off and get showered while we waited for the rest of the group to arrive. The first 4 bed private room (2 bunk beds) was pretty small for 4 girls with a lot of luggage but the en-suite and comfy beds definitely made up for this. The second 4 bed private (1 bunk and 2 singles) was a lot more spacious but just as equally comfy and great en-suit. Hostel is in a great location near clubs and restaurants. about 20/30mins walk from the main attractions such as Guinness Storehouse, Temple bar, Grafton Street ect but taxi's easily accessible flagging one down on the main road. Staff were great during our stay, very friendly and helpful. Even when we came in early hours pretty drunk, they would still have a laugh with us :) When I come back to Dublin, I would defo stay in this hostel again.

• 3 Private Ensuite Room

Generally, Dublin is quite pricey, therefore please expect for a higher rate compared to other European cities. We occupied a private room in the 2nd floor, and it took an extra effort to carry big suitcases since the stairs area is quite narrow and no elevator available. However, these weren't a big issue for us.

Situated in the city centre, makes it ease to travel around Dublin. There is a bus stop near the hostel that directly connect to DUB Airport (bus number 16). Some popular attractions are within walking distance and we really enjoyed our stay here. There are several restaurants, bars, supermarkets, and coffee shops near The Times Hostel - Camden Street. We can simply conclude that our experience here was enjoyable. The facilities were on points: clean and comfort bedroom (as well as ensuite bathroom), spacious shared-kitchen, and helpful staffs.

• 4 Private Ensuite Room

Really liked this hostel. I booked two 4 bed private rooms and had great communication with staff via email before hand. Some of us arrived earlier than check in time and the lady on reception got one of our rooms cleaned quickly so we could get in. This room was clean and the comfy, great private bathroom just a little small for 4 girls with a lot of luggage. The second room was a great size for for of 4 of us and again clean comfy. So all in all, Friendly staff who made our time there welcoming ((even when we were really drunk and coming in early hours of the morning haha)) and the rooms where clean and comfy and in a great location for some good clubs and restaurants. About 20/30 mins walk from the main attractions such as guiness storehouse /temple Bar/Grafton street but easy enough to flag down a taxi if need to. If I return to Dublin I would definitely stay at the Times Hostel again!

• Double Room Ensuite

Noise. I had read reviews before hand, so was prepared, but it is very noisy. We were on the side of an alley, and there were some small dogs that were sometimes relentless in their barking. I felt bad for them, as they seemed friendly when I stuck my head out the window to say hi :) There are also nearby clubs, and on Saturday night, they blast music till 4am. Bring GOOD earplugs and you will sleep just fine.

Our room was great, bed was reasonably comfy, a bit springy, but did the job! It was a simple room, which was fine, as we were only there to sleep. Very clean. Staff were extremely friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed and fun. Breakfast didn't have a ton of options, but it filled us till mid afternoon, and was only 3 euros!

• Bed in 6 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

The process for identifying yourself after 11pm was a bit laborious but understandable given the location.

The free breakfast was more than generous in selection and quantity.

• Twin Room en suite

The room had two bunk beds and nothing else - so if you wanted to hang for a while you had to go to the common livingroom or sit on your bedroom floor.

Super nice staff. Free use of the kitchen with snacks, coffee and milk available all day. Everything very clean. Wifi not bad. The shower had very nice pressure and the hot water had really stable temperature.

• Bed in 10 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

bathroom door needs oiling as it is noisy. Awful rapping music at 6:30 in the am in the communal areas. had to ask the french man to change it so something more relaxing.

Free tapas food on arrival.

• Bed in 4 Bed Female Ensuite Dorm

+ friendly and helpful staff + good breakfast + super comfortable bed + nice and clean room and bathroom + lockers for luggage in the room + great location close to St. Stephens green and public transport with buses and LUAS

• Double Room Ensuite

Toilet was dirty, there was dust all over the bathroom.The towels were dirty. There was only one little hanger in the bathroom so no place to dry the towels. There was no shelf in a bathroom - no space to put the cosmetics on. The walls are super thin so you can hear basically everything. No hanger to put even a coat on.

Staff was very nice

• Double Room Ensuite

The dogs outside of the hostel were quite noisy - this is no fault of the hostel but was slightly annoying.

I liked the room and ensuite - nicely designed The free tea/hot chocolate was really nice The recommendations by the staff and the staff in general were great Great location! Central enough with a bit of walking and reasonably priced

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Double Room Ensuite

The noise of breaking bottles in the morning was disturbing my friend's sleep. Being located right beside few nightclubs in the morning the rubbish car was collecting all used bottles, eventually there was a constant noise of breaking bottles for about 20mins.However, myself I had no issues with that.

Very friendly staff!

• 3 Private Ensuite Room

For new comers finding the parking outside of site is crazy. There were no basic soap/shampoo in the room.

The staff were very helpful at front desk and rooms were pretty okay. The location is good.

• 4 Private Ensuite Room

It's seriously overpriced and a little dirty. The receptionist refused to split our bill via debit card too (due to having "a long day" - not because he couldn't, he wouldn't) which meant having to pool together a wad of cash between us.

Lots of facilities (vending machines etc) and free coffee (bonus). Decent location and a private bathroom (which is rare for a hostel).

• 4 Private Ensuite Room

Bit noisy at night. Hangers in the room will be appreciated for coats and towels

Lovely friendly staff! Very helpful in all our request. Kitchen so convenient.walking distance from the city center and area full of good local bars and shops.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• 4 Private Ensuite Room

The only minus was the night club music pumping nearby, but that's not the hostels fault and actually only affects the rooms on the street side - and not that much anyway.

The staff was amazing, the hostel was very clean and secure. The only minus was the constant music from a nearby night club, but the windows were nicely soundproof so the sound was muffled - and anyway, you don't go to Dublin to sleep, do you?

• Bed in 8 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

I was not on holiday, because of that I missed out a lot from the fun I could I have had. I intend to visit again soon, just for holidays so I can enjoy the fun the times have to offer.

The environment, the staffs, the unity among guest and it's homely.

• Bed in 10 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

Times Hostel was perfect for what I was looking for. The rooms were spacious, clean and had great storage facilities. The bed was really comfortable for my 1 nights' stay and I appreciated the free earplugs available! I unfortunately did not get to have breakfast as I slept in so can't comment there. Great location within walking distance of everything you may wish to see and lots of options for food / drink outside of the hostel. The majority of the members of staff (the girls who checked me in and out as well as the night porter) really friendly and helpful. Free luggage storage and WiFi a bonus too. Would definitely stay again.

• Bed in 10 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

Noise outside but is normal in the area. Breakfast was lacking of sweet thinks (such as cookies or cakes)

Staff was nice, the beds comfy and nice breakfast. Also we were there for the free pancakes day and free drinks!

• Bed in 4 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

I am a big man and so is Dermot who also stayed and we were unable to get in the shower

the times was A1 , 5 star ten out of ten for cleanliness and the staff were the best always fun and very helpful . I hope to be back soon next time i go to Dublin i hope to stay at the Time hostel thank you

• Bed in 4 Bed Female Ensuite Dorm

At night I could hear the people outside bantering about everything under the sun, if was hard to sleep on the busy road side. There was sink in our bathroom that would explode with water when turned on.

The rooms where exceptionally clean, the staff was super friendly and informal about local activities and free activities going on in the hostel. The open kitchen area was great 👍🏽 and a big bonus to hostels as we were able to bring food back to the hostel and enjoy it there. There was also a night porter which gave a safe and informal way to enjoy after night activities The hostel provides a key for returning to the hostel at another time, which made me feel safe.

• 4 Private Ensuite Room

More seating places in the kitchen would have been nice and the window was not closing properly,but the heating compensated for this.

The hostel is located in close proximity to the bus stop for 757 which goes directly to the airport. The areas has many of the top restaurants in the city. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Very secure place overall.

• Bed in 8 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

I honestly can't really say anything bad

I loved the way the people here really made you feel welcome. It was more like a home than just a place to lay your head. The staff are some of the most entertaining people I've met and I was sad to go. The location is great and you really don't need to use the buses as the highlights are all within walking distance. Walking is more fun anyways! I wish I could've stayed longer but I will likely be staying here again next time I'm in Dublin. Thank you to everyone for being amazing!!

• Bed in 4 Bed Female Ensuite Dorm

The height for the lower bed is extremely limited which can barely sit straight (my height is 168cm), and no stool provided for sitting around to get all the stuff around, so I had to bend my back and got my head hit occasionally to the upper bed.

The staff was very helpful and passionate when I came, even offered me a free breakfast which was surprising me.

• 3 Private Ensuite Room

The room does not have tables, chairs, water kettle, hairdryer; just the bunk beds. It was uncomfortable as we hit our heads many times on the upper bunk beds. It seems like the room was not tidied everyday - floor was dusty & bath towels had to be changed personally at the reception. To borrow the hairdryer, we had to surrender our ID. The room cannot be locked from the inside. It would be good if there was a shelf above the basin for toiletries. Its also a little too pricey for a hostel.

The lady with long dark hair at reception was very welcoming & friendly providing us lots of information on transport & places of interests in Dublin. The location was about 15mins walk to the city centre.

• Bed in 4 Bed Female Ensuite Dorm

The building was old. It was the most cleanest place. It get noise in the evenings. The breakfast isn't great for the price and its the same thing over and over agin

The people were friendly

• Bed in 4 Bed Female Ensuite Dorm

It was noisy outside as very close to several clubs so it got loud around 2am. It was quiet inside the hostel but I had to use earplugs and I noticed they were given out for free at reception.

Good location, cosy rooms and very friendly staff. I would stay there again and recommend it to others.

• 4 Private Ensuite Room

Super loud. Uncomfortable beds. People telling and screaming until 4 am. Dogs barking. We hardly slept for three days.

Staff was nice. Liked the activities available everyday.

• Bed in 10 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

Noting everything was perfect d staff d guests and d rooms wer spotless d kitchen was clean easy to find was an all round great experience

The staff made me feel so welcome was a lovely place real clean great location and d staff even bough loads of drink on d saturday ny I was der really gappuly and will be back der defo

• 3 Private Ensuite Room

Expensive for a bunk bed. The kitchen, dinning and lounge areas very cramped for number of people staying at hostel. Can be very noisy as located next to night club, we changed rooms and it was much better. Towels extra cost and have to request.

It was the cheapest place for three adults we could find in Dublin. The room was cramped for three adults however it did the job. Breakfast Ok. Wifi good and location excellent. Within easy walking distance of places of interest. Bunk beds well set up with own lights, power charge stations etc.

• 3 Private Ensuite Room

No towels in bathrooms. Since the hostel is surrounded by pubs expect noises up to 5 AM (room 2). At 6 AM public services begin to clean the streets so take earplugs. If you want to have a quiet place to rest choose village not city. Private room with bathroom for 3 people was quite narrow thus I suppose, there was no wardrobe for clothes. Narrow beds. Maybe that's why it is Hostel, not the Hotel.

Breakfast for 3E - good choice. Great location. Short distance to city center. Buses everywhere. 757 Airlink has its stop nearby. Food and pubs all around. Laundry room available. Kitchen. PC available. Free WiFi. The bathroom was cleaned every day.

• 4 Private Ensuite Room

Receptionist was Narky on phone when I wanted to pay with my credit card before I arrived, she made an absurd comment about asking me to cancel my booking , she was very amateurish and had a poor grasp of the English language I think she was from Southern europe

Central location

• Bed in 10 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

The clubs in the neighborhood are very loud during the weekend and if your room is on that part of the building, it's quite disturbing.

The stuff is super friendly and helpful! :) The hostel is very modern and well equipped (e.g. kitchen; PCs, etc.).

• Bed in 10 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

beds could be a bit better , you need to have hot food in the morning, i know if you make a big platter and its not eaten its a waste but im sure one of the staff could cook in the morning ?

staff were super friendly and welcoming and the access to computers was very good too !

• Twin Room en suite

No gripes at all. Excellent value for money.

I was an older woman travelling alone. & was very impressed by how helpful and friendly the staff were without over doing it. They made me feel very comfortable and safe there. The room and linen were very clean and comfortable. I strongly recommend this hostel.

• Twin Room en suite

The room was boiling hot and you couldn't open a window. There was a surcharge for using a debit card (never had this anywhere before, only ever on credit cards). The room itself was clean but the bed sheets had stains.

Staff at check in were friendly.

• Bed in 10 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

The recycling of glass outside during mornings while hangovers were in progress :/

The central location is great! For a weekend of partying etc it is ideal Pubs and clubs are nearby and as long as you are a deep sleeper, you won't mind the noise if you aren't out partying

• 4 Private Ensuite Room

The noise form the other guests was shocking with no level of control. were constantly making noise from midnight till 5/6 am. had to go and get the free ear plugs (which should be classed as mandatory) to finally drown out the noise levels

The facilities were great with free tapas on the night that we stayed. location is very good for one of the better areas of Dublin i.e. loads of cafes, pubs, restaurants

Early 10.30 check out

Friendly stuff, good athmosphere, very modern and clean. Big rooms and bathrooms. Different themes for every day, free drinks night was my favourite

• 4 Private Ensuite Room

The hostel is next to a night club. The first night we had a room at the front. When we complained th manager gave us a room at the back where you could still hear the music (went on til 4.30am) but it was manageable and we all got a bit more sleep.

The staff were cheerful and friendly. Other guests also polite and considerate.

• Bed in 10 Bed Mixed Ensuite Dorm

The bathroom could have been a little bit cleaner. But for a hostel in city centre even that was better than at other hostels. Nothing else negative to say.

The stuff was very friendly and they cleaned the whole hostel for hours every single day. The breakfast was very good for only 3 Euros. For a hostel not too small and not too big. A nice place to make friends from all over the world. Area is great too. Nice special hostel events each evening like free selfmade sangria or free dinner.