2. Ireland hotel reviews
  3. County Cork hotel reviews
  4. Cork hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Castlemartyr Resort Hotel

Reviews of Castlemartyr Resort Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Main Street, Cork, Ireland

#6 of 33 hotels in Cork

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

The staff were very friendly and helpful - the bathroom was...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The hotel is not being maintained properly - the bedside light wasn't working properly and the rooms are generally dated - there was a 15 minute wait to be seated for breakfast and the bread was mouldy. The state of the surface outside is not good enough either .Overall it was more 3.5 star than 5 star. Staff were very nice but a refurb and some love for the place from the owners is needed. Room service food not hot enough and not of a high standard

The staff were very friendly and helpful - the bathroom was very impessive - the bedroom area was very big and nicely laid out - it was very peaceful and there was no noise from other areas of the hotel or the locality

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Total relaxation, good food and lovely atmosphere to the whole place.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Parking can be a bit of a stroll, especially if pulling a few bags.

Beautiful, friendly and luxurious hotel. Could not really fault at all. Room was huge, clean and very comfy. Breakfast was superb and staff were very friendly, Partner had a treatment in the Spa and was very impressed. Would definitely go back there in the future. Superb value!!

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

2 nights in Heaven

Ordered persscco to room on arrival, wasn't there. Very hard to contact reception from room via phone.

The suite, specially the wardrobe and main bathroom. Mark at front desk, very nice polite man made feel extremely welcome. The man in the bar, excellent customer service such a polite attitude and made feel priority.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Rooms lovely main restaurant for dinner disappointing
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was disappointed in the restaurant. We had dinner on the night we arrived. Disappointed in the meal. If I go back there I will eat the bar food as the main restaurant was not good

I thought the rooms. The staff were very nice. I also liked the breakfast

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

so relaxed if ya need peace ya will get it here

the weather out side !!

staff so helpful , breakfast amazing , food was top class , bed so big and nice , by far one of best hotels in ireland , never stay in cork city again would always stay here so friendly to children for 5 star aswell

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Friendly staff and good food in Franchini's restaurant...

Found some of the staff to be unhelpful. I had a query regarding the booking after check out which was ignored. Very poor customer service. Overall the stay was not good value, didn't feel like a 5 star hotel.

Friendly staff and good food in Franchini's restaurant and at breakfast. Convenient to have access to electric vehicle charger. Overall nice interior in the hotel and nice grounds.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

Stayed for a wedding here last weekend, it was absolutely...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Stayed for a wedding here last weekend, it was absolutely spectacular. The staff were very professional and lovely, the food for a large wedding was excellent and overall the hotel is gorgeous!

• Reviewed: November 28, 2018

Really enjoyable would go back again
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bedrooms very far from restaurant for my Mum age 85 on walking stick had requested room near . Porter who showed us to room a real gent! The guy who checked us in at reception not a patch on him . Otherwise a lovely time

Excellent food and service the

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

The touch pads for lighting etc.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The touch pads for lighting etc. is an nightmare and doesn’t really work. We couldn’t get out bedside lights working however in the morning when we opened the curtains the lights came on.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

I was at a wedding so bit different from normal stay but all...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was at a wedding so bit different from normal stay but all the little extras were superb. Lovely touch leaving a card and chocolates in the room as I'd stayed once before.

• Reviewed: November 16, 2018

Large rooms
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room service food wasn’t great, would’ve expected better for 5* hotel. Kids not allowed in the pool between 12/3pm during the day.

Large rooms Comfortable large bed Very clean and comfortable Great pool and gym Bath and shower in rooms Baby cot supplied Quick check in and check out

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Highly recommended
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Didn’t see any vegan options on the dinner menu or in the bar though the vegan breakfast was nice.

Beautiful large rooms, so clean and elegant but totally up to date with all the modern facilities you’d need. Extremely helpful and friendly staff

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

The dinner in the Bell Tower.

Booked a suite not 5 star, dusty and hair in the sink. No carpet in room so lacked luxurious feeling. Hotel is old and cold. Heard other people saying it in bar that evening big draft.

The dinner in the Bell Tower...10/10

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

We arrived late but on request we received a free upgrade!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We arrived late but on request we received a free upgrade! The rooms was beautiful - grounds were gorgeous to walk around. We just wanted a nights break and it was perfect and so relaxing.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

This hotel has great potential but struggles when it is full - it is friendly but service is poor.

We were unable to dine in the Bell Tower Restaurant on the first night. Franchini's was packed with children. We were initially offered a cramped bench seat but when I asked for a different more quiet table - the lovely waitress obliged. Given that the room rate for the two nights was 517 euro we expected to be able to dine in the Bell Tower. When we did dine on the Sunday - there was a sense of staff being pleasant but poorly trained. There was no welcome and the venue was overly lit and tables far too near to each other. The cups used on our first evening for a cup of tea on arrival were not removed by the time we left on the Monday. The glasses we used for a drink from the bar on the first night were not removed. On arrival on the Saturday we were told our luggage would be delivered to the room. 25 minutes later I rang reception and the receptionist said - 'I'm looking at them here in front of me - I'll send them up'. She did but we arrived at 6pm and were anxious to shower and have a drink before dinner - we waited 30 minutes to unpack.

The room was lovely. The location is lovely. The amenities are very good.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

The hotel is a real luxurious break away and I look forward to visiting again.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast options were fantastic, lots of nooks and crannys to relax in. Papers available to read and coffee table books in the room a really nice surprise. Chocolates dropped to the room was a special touch!

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Great place to stay with great walks in the grounds.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast could have been better otherwise everything was excellent.

Staff were very friendly and went out of their way to help and please. The room was spectacular and well equipped. We even had our own private garden as it was on the ground floor.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Overall, very happy with our stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Just a couple of small things that we would not have expected at a 5 star hotel - toilet paper and milk for tea/coffee were not replenished and we had to call reception and ask for them; some of the channels on the TV did not work (Channel 4, Film 4 etc) and we were told someone would come up to have a look at it but they never came up; the cooked breakfast was beautiful the first morning we were there but on the second morning not so great - lemon French toast had no lemon flavour and was not properly cooked. Slightly disappointed with the few small issues but otherwise a lovely hotel and we enjoyed our stay.

Overall, very happy with our stay. The room was very spacious and comfortable and the hotel facilities were very good. The treatments in the spa were excellent and the food in the restaurants was very good.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

A memorable stay made magical

We had a wonderful stay here, and the hotel, staff and Guest Relations Manager Trevor Sheehan made a special occasion for us even more memorable. Everything was first class, from our wonderful junior suite to the food to the staff, it really was a five-star experience. We'll definitely be back.

Ah-May-zing
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The service- for a five star hotel I was a bit annoyed with the service at breakfast. Asked for toast with our tea and it never arrived so we asked again when our hot breakfast came out and it still never arrived. The same waitress was asked on both occasions. Maybe a little understaffed in the bell Tower Restaurant.

I loved pretty much everything about the property. The location was fab, the staff were amazing, rooms were big, beds were comfortable, swimming pool was relaxing and the food was top notch!!

Beautiful location, love the woodland walk, lovely staff
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The coffee- really not good at breakfast in main house or at golf club. This leaves a bad taste in the mouth- literally.

Beautiful location, love the woodland walk, lovely staff

Near perfection!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It’s not that I didn’t like, I liked everything but two recommendations are that they leave bath bubbles in the bathroom and add beverages (non and alcoholic) to the mini fridge.

I honestly loved every single thing about this hotel! The hotel is majestical. The grounds are well maintained. The decor is lovely and thoughtful. The staff were extremely friendly. The pool area is a relaxing delight. The room blew me away, it was gorgeous! Every single thing in it was. We truly felt like a king and queen in a castle. They have digital screens on the wall and lightstand to turn off and on the lights and to open or close the curtains. The bathroom was large and stunning, with a separate shower, separate toilet, and gorgeous jacuzzi bath. They leave cozy slippers and bathrobes. It looked just like the photos, if not better in person! I wish I could’ve stayed longer than one night. I highly recommend this hotel!!!

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Very pleasant stay thank you
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Everything else was very pleasant

Receptionist very nice and pleasant but she accidentally requested 289 euros instead of 209..she didn't appear at all bothered but I was abit annoyed..it was sorted as my friends were paying cash so we just exchange cash. I did feel receptionist could have been abit more apologetic...what would have happened had I not had enough in my account??? Not everyone that frequents your hotel are wealthy.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

Location good, the hotel was overpriced and overrated, the evening menus were really poor and lacke.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Hotel was cold, lacked earth and ambiance, no fire which made the place look cold and uninviting, the dining rooms was all over the place, the one we had breakfast in was packed and the tables were too close together. I asked a waitress for almond milk and she said they were very busy and she would try to get it which I thought wasn’t good enough after paying nearly €400 for 2 nights !

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

It's my third time at castlemartyr, I love it there ,...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It's my third time at castlemartyr, I love it there , the staff are so nice , it's so peaceful , the spa is amazing, and the food is delicious 😋

Enjoyable
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

For an elderly person rooms are a good walk away from dining room etc . Although this was the case it was still lovely

The setting is very relaxing. Very down to earth. Great to be able to dress casually and relax.

Location was lovely ,
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Food was very very poor , room was dusty , Never got milk - tea coffee refills for 2nd nights stay .

Location was lovely , Nice atmosphere to hotel Senenry was brilliant, with great location of golf course

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Apart from lack of information and wait at check in we loved our stay.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

When we arrived at 1pm for check in we realized we were early as check in is at 3pm. However the girl in reception stated our room wasn’t ready but that it wouldn’t be too long. It was 4pm when we eventually got into our room. I felt with such a long wait we should have been updated time wise, rather than us having to make repeated visits to reception to see if our room was ready. In the end it was the bar manager when passing reception heard our name being mentioned and he brought us our key card, and this was after asking a couple of times himself if our room was ready as he could see us waiting in the bar.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

beautiful hotel, wonderful staff, poor food
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The food options aren't great, and well below what I would expect for a hotel of this standard. We didn't try the Bell Tower restaurant, so this might be the exception. Breakfast food tended to be under or overcooked (possibly owing to it being a busy weekend), the vegetarian breakfast is very greasy and would advise against ordering this. The food in the italian restaurant is what you would expect in a standard chain restaurant, not bad, but not in keeping with the standard of the hotel. It was also very busy with large groups and lots of kids running around even late into the evening (again likely owing to a holiday weekend). Fine if you want a family meal, but better to go elsewhere if you want a romantic meal for two. We ate on the Sunday in the Hunted Hog pub in Castlemartyr village, and found it more enjoyable, even it was just pub grub. I have also been told Ballymaloe is wonderful for dinner, and you can easily take a taxi to there.

The hotel is beautiful, rooms are gorgeous and really big. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is great, wonderful grounds to walk around and a short drive from Ballymaloe, Cobh and other spots that are worth a drive

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Brilliant hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The breakfast came a little bit short for a five star hotel, in that very little option for the buffet and it takes ages before your order arrives. That said, my family and I had fun. Will recommend the hotel for anyone looking for taste.

The rooms were very spacious and clean. The staff were really friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Overrated....
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Parking wasn't great, porter woke us as 745am shouting outside our room Good Morning whilst trying to get into another room. Wedding on, so had to leave bar area as it was reserved, put in another room out of the way from wedding party. Like some kind of holding area at an airport. All in all place is a little over rated.

Place was very clean, food good, room was nice and comfortable.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

Helpful staff and hospitality, surrounding area is worth...

No movies on tv

Helpful staff and hospitality, surrounding area is worth exploring, spa was excellent and food in the Italian restaurant was outstanding

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Pleasant stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

One rude female member of staff in the leisure centre stating the pool was closed even though this was not the case

Nice food, comfortable and spacious room.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

Top hotel with lovely staff. Great facilities and set in a beautiful resort
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Lovely clean spacious room with excellent features like remote lighting and curtains also air con was refreshing. Beautiful bathroom in my room with great tea and Coffe making facilities. Staff were very nice also

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

After the dissatisfaction of the first hour of our stay we...

We really enjoyed our stay. However, some areas of improvement: our room was one of the furthest from reception approximately 150-200m away, and we had to carry our luggage a considerable distance. When we checked in a concierge service or the distance of the room was not offered or made known to us. We also enjoyed some time in the bar after checking in and found the manner of a staff member to be somewhat unhelpful and unprofessional. As a person with an eye for detail, several areas of the bedroom floor was badly scuffed.

After the dissatisfaction of the first hour of our stay we thoroughly enjoy our time at this hotel. Dinner in the Bell Tower Restaurant was excellent. The leisure facilities were clean, quiet and relaxing. The bed and room was extremely comfortable and the grounds of the estate are well maintained and manicured.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2018

My husband suffered a bereavement at the time and at check...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

My husband had to call for extra towels and we didn’t receive dry robes to go to sauna swimming pool on the second day of our stay. We were under time pressure at the time due to our circumstances. The room had been serviced early as we had an early breakfast. Hence we had to request them a couple of times. As we were stressed due to the bereavement it didn’t help our situation and we were slightly sensitive about it at the time. We also write our breakfast order in pencil and didn’t get our breakfast at desired time as we weren’t ourselves attentive to detail. Yet the staff were pleasant about this. However in general staff were extremely professional There was some damage to the woodwork in the room which would need to be repaired and took from the ambience. To maintain standards expected it should be repaired.

My husband suffered a bereavement at the time and at check in the staff were helpful and supportive

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

Enjoyed all. Hip season pricing made it possible.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Electrical and tech systems in the rooms a bit of a challenge.

The Grounds are superb. Very much enjoyed the walk and visit to Balleyougtera church yard and graveyard. Special. Not everyone’s delight, but I feel a walk access from the walled garden corner along the golf southwest boundary would be worthwhile. Warmth from Lionel, Lucia, Lizbeth, Camilla. Most staff were quite pleasent.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Fabulous hotel for golfing/ relaxation
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Swimming pool and difficulty of getting spa treatments No atmosphere in the hotel at night - music in the bar would have been nice

Very friendly staff Excellent attention to detail regarding room service and cleanliness Lovely food

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

Not a good experience would not recommend.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I usually don't take the time to give negative reviews, but I will not stay here again. So many things went bad - couldn't pull in at the drop off - bus was parked there for an extended period of time. Had to find parking quite a bit away and walk back. Room service was slow... Robes were dingy and tattered (they hung up my robe after I left it in the tub with the used towels)- my favorite - the pen they left to fill out the comment card had no ink in it.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2018

The hotel is nice, rooms are really beautiful - they are...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Shower in the bathroom was a bit dirty with some mould. Hotel hall in the historical part of the building not at the level of a 5*hotel. Breakfast was really not good enough for a 5*hotel- the buffet very poor and alla carte offer not sefficient and not nicely presented on the plates.

The hotel is nice, rooms are really beautiful - they are located in the new part of the building, very spacious and nicely decorated with a nice view into the garden. Super comfy bed. The hotel has a beautiful garden all around.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

very relaxing and pampered
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Room management system, touch screen for lights, curtains,etc not easy to use and not working consistently, but staff explained the system being replaced.

Room very stylish and comfortable

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

expensive, no taxi to transport me told to walk to Castlemartyr bus stop from hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

room was dirty - bath had a dead insect and bathrobes were stained. Room service said sorry for not changing bed linen and gave miniature chocolate.

The bar man was very polite and humourous - however there were no peanuts. The guests were brave singing and reciting poetry. This was nice entertainment from a guest staying there.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

Fabulous
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Don’t want to sound mean,but I did get the feeling that staff judge you by the look....

Our stay was fab,couldn’t use spa as appointments is necessary but I will know for next time,I could live in the bathroom 😊room service(food) is amazing ,just enjoyed chilling,relaxing and not worrying about cleaning for a day 😍

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

I had a spa treatment and it was lovely.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was only OK, it was a bit disappointing for a 5 star ( the buffet was good but the cooked breakfasts weren't great) It is a long walk to the bedrooms from reception!

I had a spa treatment and it was lovely. The massage therapist ( Jacqueline?) was really nice and staff in spa were accommodating and friendly. We ate in Franchinis and it was nice, staff were lovely and food was reasonably priced. The room was nice size and comfortable bed

• Reviewed: September 14, 2018

Busy venue but relaxing recommended venue on the south coast
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Payment for swimming hats as hotel guest, distance between check in and rooms, breakfast payment two tier, service information on hotel tv not accurate on the tv

Turn down service on an evening, room lovely and spacious including bathroom

• Reviewed: September 13, 2018

Stay was ok

Thought it would have been more luxurious for a 5 star and cost. No nice seats in foyer or other areas. ..they would have been nice to just sit around and read a book in them and was cold. Probably wouldn't go again.

The suite was beautiful

• Reviewed: September 11, 2018

Lovely hotel, great comfortable large rooms.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The staff at dinner were a little cold. A bit of banter/ atmosphere would be nice. Breakfast buffet offering was quite poor. The hot food options were good. However, the eggs Benedict was smothered in hollandaise sauce.

Lovely hotel, great comfortable large rooms. The food in the Bell Tower was lovely. Nice gym and pool also.

• Reviewed: September 8, 2018

Wonderful
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The property was a surprise for us. Beautiful room, wonderful grounds and plenty to do — or not like us who just wanted a classic cocktail and relaxing stay! The walk through the woods was amazing.

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

The merging of the ancient , old and modern buildings - spot in
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Bedrooms were little dark and no facilities for reading in bedroom. - perhaps some reading lights as a suggestion

First time there- relaxing beautiful surroundings and bedrooms excellent

• Reviewed: September 5, 2018

Relaxing in luxury
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms are to die for. We booked a double deluxe room and the room was more like a bridal suite. Staff were very helpful! We definitely got the 5 star treatment! Can’t wait to go back...

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

excellent hotel.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

parking facilities were tight especially when cars were parked on grass margin in the front of hotel.

excellent hotel. staff surpassed themselves and nothing was too much trouble. the grounds were well maintained and very peaceful. would definately stay again.

• Reviewed: September 1, 2018

Happy we stayed but are undecided if we would return
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The parking was a nice distance away from the property and for us to order a drink or food we had to go to the bar ourselves rather then be waited on, even at breakfast food was lovely but we had no cutlery, butter or milk while we had been served our tea and breakfast.

The grounds were amazing very relaxing Resort nice walk around the grounds and also into castlemaytr Town itself, also vary spacious well designed rooms. Nice touch when the beds were re-made when we returned from dinner.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

Standards are slipping
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Rooms management is getting poorer since my last visit. Drapes in bathroom broken, reported this but nothing ever done in room light control not so simple hence people tend to un-plug lamps or find other means to switch off lights, house keeping does not check these are replaced so takes time to reorganise (same on last visit)

Lovely rooms and grounds

• Reviewed: August 29, 2018

Really lovely hotel. Would absolutely recommend it.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It was a little cold in the bar.

Bedroom was absolutely fabulous. Huge bed. Lovely friendly relaxed but elegant atmosphere everywhere in the hotel. Food was amazing. Grounds really nice to walk or run in.

• Reviewed: August 18, 2018

resting on thier laurels because they have a good golf course and wedding venue,
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

hair on the wall of my shower, and the room was not quiet. the walking was difficult as I felt in the way of the golfers, and traffic and the town was a total let down. I really wanted a spa treatment and a quiet swim, but neither could be achieved. and we sat outside for lunch and the wasps were insane. a wedding took up most of the other areas for the rest of the afternoon and the rooms are miles away for the main part of the hotel.

the bell tower did serve lovely food, and the staff throughout were very attentive.

• Reviewed: August 17, 2018

Nice to walk around the grounds.

For a 5 star hotel expect things to be fixed. The room

Nice to walk around the grounds. In general there is old world charm mixed with the new and modern. Room was lovely, spacious and clean. Had lots of comforts and luxury aspects.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Perfect stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The rooms are a long walk from the reception.

The rooms are amazing, so thoughtfully arranged. Loved the automated curtains. Tye property is stunning and tye artworks in the hallways were epic.

• Reviewed: August 12, 2018

Fantastic relaxing break
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We booked dinner on arrival at reception however booking didn't go through to restuarant. It involved a wait of 20 minutes to get another table. Tvs need a makeover.

Bedrooms are amazing. Beds so comfy..so delighted with Happy Birthday greeting and catd in the room.on arrival. Small touches mean alot.excellent hotel to get away from it all.

• Reviewed: August 10, 2018

The spa was exceptional, the treatments excellant & the...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The bar was very quiet & no atmosphere at all. Service bad, the cocktail I had was really bad. Ordered lunch to room for 4, it came at 4.54!! Was poor.

The spa was exceptional, the treatments excellant & the spa therapists fabulous & professional & friendly & excellant at their job. Well done to the girls there. Loved it. The room was fabulous especially the bathroom, fab. I spoke with general manager about our experience there & he was lovely & looked after us. Thankyou.

• Reviewed: August 6, 2018

Rooms were beautiful and the meal at the restaurant was top...
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Service overall was very poor, and not ok par with five star hotels. Cleanliness of pool area and grounds wasn’t great.

Rooms were beautiful and the meal at the restaurant was top class with great service.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

Meat....in a requested vegetarian dish!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I was horrified when I asked for a vegetarian dish only to bite into lump of meat. I specifically asked for no meat but the chef must have difficulty in understanding. I felt so sick after my meal I paid and left. Thankfully I only had to pay for a glass of wine and desert which was decent but I was so shocked for a 5 star. I stay away quite a lot and expect a particular level of service again especially for such a ‘known’ hotel. I’m only expecting what I pay for...Won’t be staying again unfortunately:-(

Nice room and location. Staff friendly and hotel is exceptionally clean and pretty.

• Reviewed: July 31, 2018

Beautiful building and grounds.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Nothing really, the evening room service took nearly an hour and even though it's nice to be able to bring a dog, 50 euro for the dog to stay is too expensive, a refundable deposit (in case of damage) would be better

Beautiful building and grounds. Very comfortable bedroom and huge bathroom. Some of the rooms are pet friendly with direct outside access and patio areas. Public areas are very nice, staff are pleasant and helpful. Excellent breakfast which we had served in our room. Elegant decor and furniture.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2018

Absolute gem 1/2 hour from Blarney
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Great golf course with discount for guests. Massive room. Excellent food, breakfast outstanding!

• Reviewed: July 21, 2018

Enjoyable
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

As I was staying with my mam I didn't realise it was such a family friendly hotel.. Its grear if you have kids absolutely but was too over crowded with kids for my liking

The barman I can't remember his name but he was from Turkey.. He was lovely.. My mam was 70 that day and he made her a special cocktail for it and they brought out cakes.. Was a lovely touch

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Luxury stay
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The only downside was the hairdryer in the bedroom was old fashioned and the nozzle was broken. Also the pool area was a little grubby (soap dispensers, rust on railings into hot tub etc)

Stayed here with my boyfriend on Wednesday night for a mid week break and didn’t want to leave! The hotel is truly stunning and the staff are wonderful. From the minute we arrived the staff were so welcoming and friendly and there’s a lovely atmosphere about the place. Our room was huge and luxurious with lots of extra touches. We chose to eat in the Italian restaurant which was delicious and had lots of choice. The staff went out of their way to accommodate us and our waitress Ciara was a pleasure! Overall the experience was great and I’m looking forward to my next trip!

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Perfect getaway
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Onsite Spa and restaurant were fully booked which was disappointing, would recommend you book in advance if planning on using either

Great facilities, lovely location, very comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Comfortable modern accommodation but pricey for the level of service.

Very variable service from excellent to poor - an example of the latter is being told that they had no biscuits, cakes or pastries to go with afternoon tea! Taking 40 minutes to serve 2 coffees in the lounge.

Modern and spacious. Lovely grounds. Very comfortable.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Awesome hotel facility - everything is 1st Class
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Castlemartyr is a beautiful hotel located on the property of a castle ruin. Everything is first class , to the reception , rooms, dining and surrounding grounds.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

It is only a 4 star
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It is classed as 5 star when compared to Fairmount and other 5 star hotels it really is only 4 stars. It really mained around golf.Can not use spa facilities with out appointment this not case other 5 star hotels using espa brand. The fridge was empty and not stocked very unusual for 5 star hotels.

Quite ,peaceful, lovely location ,comfortable bed ,lovely shower ,nice mood lighting in the bathroom

• Reviewed: June 8, 2018

Great for a mini-moon!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

We arrived at Castlemartyr after our Wedding. When they heard it was our mini moon they upgraded us! The room was in the old part of the hotel and had a big 4 poster bed. It was fab. We got spa treatments and one of the best massages I have had. We had lunch twice & dinner in the hotel - food & staff both 5 star! The pool was nice temperature too!

• Reviewed: June 4, 2018

Gorgeous!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Dinner was exceptionally good but It was a pity that the rabbit was sold out at dinner time quite early! Also, it is recommendable to book spa treatments really early in advance because they are usually fully booked if you try to book something when you arrive. However, we were offered a slot on the waiting list and eventually got a spa treatment anyway.

Absolutely luxurious! Wonderful mixture between old and modern architecture (old mansion extended). We enjoyed the spacious room and especially the huge bathroom with three windows! The food for breakfast and dinner was delicious. Staff was very friendly - you can even have a daily newspaper delivered right to your door complimentarily. Housekeeping is extraordinary (beds are prepared for you each night, you can borrow umbrellas,...). I had a shoulder and neck massage at the Spa which was super relaxing. Another highlight are the surroundings of the resort: it sits within a golf course but also has nice walking trails and even an old tower/ruins to visit. Very quiet!

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

What a wonderful resort in the Irish countryside.
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

The last part of the drive from Cahir to Castlemartyr...should not have followed Google Maps...stay on the M8 to nearly Cork and then the N25 back east towards Middleton and then on to the resort.

It was wonderful....the service is fantastic. The venue and surrounding grounds are beautiful. The room was large and very very nice. We were in room 17 with a courtyard and wonderful beds. The Italian Restaurant was excellent , and Lucia took very good care of us. I should tell others it was a disappointment, so that it remains a closely guarded secret, but that would not be fair....you must try this wonderful resort, and it was available for a reasonable price.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Fine except for what I have already answered in previous question
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

It was ridiculous the length from reception to the bedrooms met some senior people taking a break half way I would not recommend it to anyone who is not good at walking I know my father in law would not be able for it

Most of the place was fine

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Not meeting 5 star standards
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

Overall we were disappointed with the standards from our first stay in the hotel two years ago especially because it’s such a beautiful location with so much potential. A few things that need to be improved: The golf course was in very poor condition, the bar food is only served until 6.30pm which was really inconvenient. The Italian restaurant, while it has very good customer service, the food itself wasn’t delicious or would encourage you to dine there for a second time. Also the spa treatments were vastly overpriced for what you received. The toiletries are below standard and you didn’t provide enough towels in the bathroom. You should have a bath towel, hand towel and one for your hair! Pretty standard in most hotels. In contrast, Adare Manor is 5 star and acts like it in every way (reserve judgement on the food) but they tick every other box and know how to pamper their guests. I hope you take this feedback on board for future guests as we would like to see your hotel thrive.

I liked the breakfast and the room decor.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Wonderfully restful!
    • Deluxe Double or Twin Room

I really enjoyed the facilities including the pool but would have preferred a later opening time particularly as the evenings are long

The garden room was beautifully appointed and properly sound-proofed so no disturbances

We Price Match