Reviews of Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown 4 stars

Church Road, Tyrrelstown, D15 Blanchardstown, Ireland

#3 of 3 hotels in Blanchardstown

We only paid for room only so didnt experience any other facilities
    • Superior Twin Room

I had asked for directions to marlay park as we were going to a concert. She said should take over half an hour. It took us 2 hours so we missed the start. That was disappointing

Comfortable stay with excellent breakfast and friendly staff

The breakfast area would benefit from more toasters as a queue built up each morning due to slowness of the one there. This was not ideal for someone like myself who was looking to eat quite quickly and leave for work. Otherwise excellent. Bedroom was very good but would benefit from softer pillows

Excellent breakfast. Gym facilities very good.

Excatly what we hoped for.

Staff were extremely helpful when asking about the best way to get to Croke Park. I also asked for an additional fan as I am pregnant and struggling in the heat! There was one in our room on arrival!

Room was clean and it was near the aquatic center where we...

No pool and the room was quiet cold also

Room was clean and it was near the aquatic center where we spent the 3 days at the Olympics :-) we had dinner on our last evening it was delicious and very good price :-)

Comfortable and relaxing.

Thought the tables in the bar could do with more attention.

Liked the fact that you had the option of a walk in shower or a bath, Carvery was excellent, peppered sauce was amazing.

Good for business trip.

Some stuff at reception were angry at guest for asking anything. The restaurant gets overbooked some evenings. At the bar if you are unlucky you can wait very long time to be served.

Very friendly service. Ok fitness center. Shuttle to business park and to airport.

It was an ok stay.

I had a room that had disabled facilities but this made the bath very hard to stand in, it was too narrow when taking a shower. The cost was expensive 258 for 2 nights as there was no room service at 11 when we called, just sandwiches. There was no drinking water in the room you had to pay 2euro. Everything is a drive away you are out from other amenities. The bed was on the small side and the dyson air con in the room left allot to be desired. The room was not cleaned when we left at 1pm that day and returned at 10:30pm that night. I also dropped my drink after buying it at the bar and a nice gesture would be to offer another, it was just cleaned up so I left and bought one in the vending machine instead.

Ok stay but no fussed

Staff on front desk not particularly helpful when finding how to get into town and said a taxi would be 20mins. 1 hour later it arrived. General service just not up to be expected in comparison to the price paid.

Clean, comfortable.

A hidden gem.

I wish I had longer to enjoy my room. I arrived at 3 a.m and left at 10.....

I was given the most beautiful room. It had everything anyone could want or need. There was even bottled water, a big cookie, an apple! It was just lovely

Overal experience did not seem like 4 star hotel

Bedroom facilities only one pack of cheap biscuits! At breakfast tea served in urn and very poor quality expected in 4 star a selection of teas and tea pots etc.

Staff were very friendly and helpful, bathroom was very good, bed nice and firm. Bus service to Dublin very convenient and good value.

Excellent stay!

The car park, reception & the room...it all felt I was home. I was connected just like I was home from a long trip! Aweson sensation & energy!

Restaurant was excellent

I accidently booked Wed and Thurs night - should have been Tuesday and Wednesday and didn't realize this until I checked in on Tuesday evening. Not sure who is responsible but I should have been able to easily change my dates without incurring 3rd night expense

Restaurant was excellent

Nice Hotel., spacious ample parking

The Staff in the bar are extremely slow and appear nearly to busy to serve or attend to your table, even though the size of the bar area is fine, not to big. Id they improved there waiting skills it would make a huge difference.

The Manager Anthony is absolutely great.., extremely helpful and will do all he can to add to your stay. Nice hotel, restaurant and bar area. Food was good.

Lovely hotel

I'm sorry to say the bed was very uncomfortable...I have back problems so needless to say I was awake most of the night...I did mention it the following morning and they did say they would look into it..I do hope they did...as it may just have been our bed that had the problem..

Its a really nice hotel with great staff and no noise at night...breakfast was lovely and catered for everyone's needs...

Expected more
    • Superior Twin Room

Not all staff looked friendly,no water to drink in the room. Room cleaning staff entered the room without knocking.

Breakfast,comfortable bed,bar,shuttle bus to airport.

room was very clean

breakfast was not a good value. staff was somewhat disorganized (staff insisted we had not paid for breakfast although we had; we had to come back with receipt) shuttle driver was an erratic driver and wore very heavy cologne reservations must be made in advance for shuttle (even during regular hours) - which we did not know

room was very clean location was near airport shuttle was convenient

The breakfast was lovely and then because the shuttle bus...

There's not much around the area if you want to go for a walk about.

The breakfast was lovely and then because the shuttle bus was running late so they paid for me a taxi to the airport which was a nice touch.

Breakfast was v good

It is not really in blanchstown it is fair distance out more towards the airport the furniture in the bedrooms was a bit worn to say the least

Breakfast was v good

Busy friendly hotel. Spent an enjoyable few days here.

The fitted side tables were to near the bed and were restrictive. Bar food not great poorchoice and presentation.

Comfortable busy bar area. Friendly staff throughout. Food and restaurant good.

Enjoyable stay
    • Superior Twin Room

The breakfast was really nice and the Restaurant Manager was very helpful as was the restaurant staff, the girls in reception were very nice and helpful, would recommend staying there.

Ideal for north city suburbs and Dublin Airport

Single beds in room! Twin shouldn't mean bijou beds: reverted to childhood!

Very well-run. Welcoming and professional staff. Tidy, clean and quiet room. Generous space. Close enough to Dublin Airport, great value and free shuttle.

Overall my stay was enjoyable and I would definitely book again

I had to ask for clean towels and had to ask the cleaner to clean my room because it had not been cleaned.

The room was spacious and the bed was comfortable

Never again!

Everything! Receptionist was very, very rude.

Rude reception staff. Sge was abrasive, cheeky and disrespectful. I emailed a query at time of booking. It went unanswered. Will never stay here again.

less is not more

Could be more staff available ..one repecptionisnt isn’t enough .. no maids in sight room serves slow... .. fact it didn’t say I’ve to pay €100 deposit on website

Had a really lovely stay.

Extremely disappointed to find a Bible in my room. Very intrusive and unnecessary. On a break away I want it be just that. I really don't appreciate having religion shoved down my throat. The pillows were really solid and turned out to be quite uncomfortable.

The room was spacious, clean and beautifully decorated as was the bathroom.

It was fine
    • Superior Twin Room

The email sent to arranging the airport shuttle one day before my departure remained unanswered. The answer I got once I arrived at the hotel was "we were busy". Unfortunately, that was a very poor answer.

Good breakfast, clean and stylish hotel, friendly staff.

Breakfast was brilliant, so much to chose from, fresh smoothies, pancakes, full English, smoked salmon, fruit, cereal, cakes and pastries, fruit juice. We came down for breakfast 30 mins before the end and there was still fresh food being brought out, they asked us if we wanted anything else when it was time for them to stop and allowed us to stay in as long as we wanted. Didn’t feel rushed, just relaxed and throghly enjoyed our breakfast. the hotel also allowed our friends to join us for breakfast which was a nice bonus as we had planned to go elsewhere for breakfast but decided to add the hotel breakfast for the rest of our stay. Rooms were clean, and a lot of space. Nice size bed comfy, sheets were fresh everyday. Our room had a dyson fan/heater/ac system i don’t know what you call them. But it was amazing, kept our room at a temp we set it to. Was super easy to work even simple instructions on the wall. The only thing that I didn’t like is that our room didn’t have a fridge, a staff member explained that some do and some don’t. I’m just glad that we weren’t here in summer. As a cold drink in our room at night would have been essential. But we managed with the vending machine which was outside the lifts on each floor.

Very comfortable and a wonderful nights sleep

We opted not to have the breakfast as we felt it was too expensive.

The rooms are very comfortable and an excellent size. The staff were very friendly on arrival and check out.

Need more staff in kitchen..hotel nice..bit pricey..
    • Superior Twin Room

Resturent was very poor.waiting for 3 houra for dinner after iv booked a table at 2 o clock for a sitting at 7..pity hotel is very nice and breakfest was great.

Pleasently surprised

Decided to get some bar food. Foolishly ordered a pizza and came out complete with a soggy base.

Amazing room that far exceeded my expectations. The bar was lively and full of atmosphere. Heineken draft was very nice and have only praise for the facilities

just bad

Room,wasn't clean for probably over week(it wasn't in use),you could see the dust, sink was dirty,sheets where with dried in blood spots, breakfast was average,service was bad,very noisy and not great if you want a good nights sleep.

water pressure was the only good thing

Amazing

Staff were so kind and friendly. There was a barman from India (I cannot spell his name) and he was so so nice and helpful to my husband and I. He really made our stay even better.

The manner in which i was treated at the front desk by a...

The manner in which i was treated at the front desk by a male staff member. I told him i could not use the room as it was too close to lift lobby and i was up very early He told me no other rooms without checking and a very helpful female staff member helped greatly and gave me a differnt room straight away... Apologies i never took names

A beautiful hotel.

Nothing really. The room was for my son who is an athlete and who needs. Between 3000 to 4500 calories a day. The portions at dinner were way too small for his needs. He ordered double rice, but it was still not even close to enough as portions were so small. Everything else was perfect though and the food was delicios.

Beautiful room, wonderful food in the restaurant. Lovely. Kind and friendly service.

At check in we were informed that we had to pay an extra...

At check in we were informed that we had to pay an extra €100 deposit on top of our bill for security of the room? Why is this ?? The couple beside me at check out didn’t get a deposit back ? So obviously its because I’m young at 21. Very unfair to be put on the spot like that at check in . It didn’t state that when booking

Decent hotel on a budget

The rooms should really be refurbished, a lot of the wooden furniture (desk etc) is showing scuffing, and the carpet is worn flat.

Reasonable rates, free wifi, free parking. Hotel is in a quiet area, near Blanchardstown (though not walking distance). Staff were friendly and helpful, and the bar was comfortable for a drink in the evening.

Great value.
    • Superior Twin Room

Hard pillows.Coffee in room awful.in morning,wakened by other rooms doors,need to put hinges on doors so they close slowly/gently. Minor things though, wouldnt change overall positive stay!

Convenient location. Bus stop outside door. Bar food was nice, relaxing atmosphere.nice bathroom, very clean.housekeeping girl very sweet.ample parking.

The hotel was good bedrooms where excellent with comfy beds .

That when we went for dinner we were told it was only carvery that we didn't want as it was cold the previous evening but told we couldn't book a table for menu food as there was no tables available although we counted 10 empty tables for the duration of me feeding my baby a paying guest in the hotel but could not order food as there was no tables ? But we could order room service for an extra €7.50 onto the order so I was not impressed by this .

The hotel was good bedrooms where excellent with comfy beds .

The bar staff were extremely friendly
    • Superior Twin Room

We had a very early start, so we didn't have the chance to enjoy breakfast as it started at 7am and there was no other option available.

The bar staff were extremely friendly

Great place to stay if theirs something you can't get in the hotel their is plenty of shops just across the road

Everything was perfect, staff were nice and friendly, check in was quick and easy, the only fault was room service did not answer the phone

The room was spotless clean, spacious and you couldn't hear a thing from out side, Wi-Fi was fast, lots of amenities around

Very nice hotel once you can find it
    • Superior Twin Room

Sat navs brought me to another part of tyrellstown. When rang for assistance staff member who answered phone said she disnt drive and couldn't help!

Friendly and welcoming

Stayed here for nye night. Stayed at the hotel bar for drinks for convinience. The bar was full and there where no seats available and the gentle man who was working in the hotel I don't know his name but he had blue and black glasses on, he brought us seats into the bar from a different area. Very good customer service skills and very pleasant. Thank you.

not a restful night.

fire alarm went off at 3am because another guest was using the kettle in their room under the smoke detector. most hotels have the kettle tethered to a plug, away from the smoke detector to prevent this. It was New Year's eve, so I didn't expect to be able to relax in the bar (fair enough) but there was still a lot of noise and activity around the corridors at 3am.

comfortable room

Short but sweet

No heating in smoking n area outside

Lounge too small no heating in smoking area. Paid for superior bed just got double. Asked for a travel cot none was given..

Disappointed
    • Superior Twin Room

Requested an early check as I was finishing nights was told I would have to wait an hour it took two and a half hours before we got a room staff not very nice at reception Bed was not comfortable and extremely noisy. Ordered breakfast to the room order was wrong basically gave us the same food even though we ordered different food choices. Overpriced

Very uncomfortable 😣

The bed was like a park bench and the pillows where like rocks after paying €169 for a suite you would think it was going to be comfortable. I was also told there was no residence bar and all room service was finished for the night at 1:30am but yet it said on the site it’s 24hr staff where very lazy that night ☹️

The shower was powerful

Perfect location for access to National Sports Center.
    • Superior Twin Room

Pillows were too hard. My daughter found it hard to get comfortable and fall to sleep as a result.

Perfect location for access to National Sports Center. Very nice bar food. Accommodated a 'last minute' order just after cut off time for food. We were starving after spending day at NSC - very much appreciated!

Extremely disappointing

Pillows were rock hard ,clock didnt work even though it hungover the bed as a wall feature,all it needed was a battery,peddle bin in bathroom didnt work had to keep lifting it by hand and there was someone hair in the filter of the hairdryer.told staff about all these issues and they didnt do anything to rectify it.I wouldnt stay there again and I dont know how it got 4 stars it doesnt deserve them .ive worked in 5 star catering for over 30 years(I know what the job intells) and have never made a complaint ontil now,not that it made a difference.

Was expecting more for a Carlton hotel

Reception staff were not very welcoming as they are suppose to be the first impression of the property. Restaurant dinner was very disappointed. Service was very slow and food was not 4 star standard. Staff were nice but didn't seem to be their fault. Reception never asked any feedback of our stay while checking out.

Nice room Good breakfast

Nice hotel and friendly staff

The bed was uncomfortable. The only negative aspect of our stay. It is a bit remote but we had a car so it didn't bother us.

Staff were very nice. Hotel was easy to find. We ate in the bar and the food was fine. Rooms were very clean and spacious. Breakfast was self service and very nice

I was really unhappy to find my superior double bed was in...

I was really unhappy to find my superior double bed was in fact 2 single beds pushed together one bed taller than the other one so was like a big hard ridge sticking in your bank if u went any we're near the middle of it 😝😴

Staff were not very attentive for my evening meal.

Staff were not very attentive for my evening meal. They didn't ask how the meal was, didn't ask if I wanted desert, another drink or even the bill. The breakfast was a very average buffet set-up with dried out black pudding and even a hot plate where you had to fry your own eggs.

Nice hotel but sadly a little bad maintained - I chose to book another hotel for my return stay.

The bathroom in my room was definitely not cleaned to an unsanitary state, the staff was really helpful about it and gave me another room; I could have done without the trouble after my late arrival at 1 AM though. In the second room the aircondition kept turning itself off after a few minutes and it was a room where no window could be opened and with a strong perfume smell lingering in the room.

The building is nice and modern, could be much better if it was maintained properly. Friendly and helpful staff; Nice breakfast.

Just OK.

The room wasn't super clean compared to other 4-star hotels I'm regularly staying in. The hotel experience should be mainly about a comfort of a bed and bathroom facilities and neither of them was satisfactory. While the mattress was pretty comfortable, the sheets and pillow covers had some strange smell (must be some weird detergent used during washing), which wasn't pleasant. The shower experience in the morning has ruined the entire stay, as the waste was blocked and the shower flow was so poor, so I had to spend twice amount of time as I normally do to wash off all soap off me. For the 4-star hotel, the above is not acceptable at all.

Price, Staff, Parking, Easy to access, Location to the airport, Large spacious rooms.

mweh

The person checking in before me taking 15 mins. Very off putting looking security staff at door - more suitable for patroling nightclub than a family hotel

Comfortable and quiet

Awful instant coffee, the worst I’ve ever tasted!!! Not enough milk in room. For rhis hotel at the price they charge, I’d expect better branded coffee in room and no decaf teabags or coffee either.

Beautuful big room, excellent powerful shower.

Good place for business trip, close to many tech-parks. 15 mins from airport.
    • Superior Twin Room

Only taxi access to the hotel. Far away from city centre.

Very good service, restaurant excellently managed. Staff helpfull, many of service people talking in 3 languages.

Very comfortable overall
    • Superior Twin Room

On check in I couldn't understand the receptionist ( English was poor)

Breakfast was fabulous. Really appreciated fresh fruit, smoothies etc available along with traditional breakfast

I was so disappointed with our breakfast it costed 25.90 for two and it was anything but nice. We had a meal on our way home and had a lunch for the same price as the cost of your breakfast. The breakfast was cold and we had a long time to wait on our food from the buffet and we feel a pot of tea to the table would be much better as the tea was cold in the urns. We had a meal on the first night of our stay. It took 40 minutes fromour order been taken until it was served to us.

We enjoy our stay at your hotel staff were friendly and helpfull.

Our stay was short but comfortable
    • Superior Twin Room

We were given a room that had a strong smell of cigarettes and I asked for a different room and the staff member was very understanding and gave us another room.

Food was lovely, we were in the bar for the food staff was...

The mattress on the bed omg was awful it was so bad that I woke up with a sore back. As soon as I sat on the bed I knew the mattress was bad. Room was nice, the cleanliness was excellent. But the Mattress does need to be changed and a new one put in to room 321

Food was lovely, we were in the bar for the food staff was friendly and fun to talk to.

Fantastic customer service!
    • Superior Twin Room

Everything was great. No complaints.

The property was clean and well kepted. Best of all was the staff that went out their way to assist with questions. From the time of check-in by Amire providing important information related to my check-in, to Cajetan providing great breakfast service and timely addressing our transportation needs. And finally, Ray's cultural education and historical trends about Ireland. The staff at Carlton Hotel Blanchardstown were outstanding. 5 out of 5 stars. Keep up the great work! It's much appreciated!

Good breakfast and really friendly stuff.
    • Superior Twin Room

Hotel was claiming transport from the airport, which was really a quite unorganized service. I was waiting 50 minutes in the rain (travelling for business..) and the driver told me that they forgot the already confirmed reservation. When I arrived to the room the heating system didn't work and the mattress was quite old. The stuff tried to solve the situation and was indeed really friendly, but couldn't change the unpleasant overall experience.

Good breakfast and really friendly stuff. Convenient location to the airport.

Might stay again, wouldn't eat there again

The food, paid extra to include breakfast for 2 for 3 days, first morning we ordered room service! It was disgusting, my boyfriend who is a chief ordered scrammpled eggs, which were vile! They were so over cooked, hard, and tasted completely bland! Major disappointment! The next morning her then went down for breakfast and that was the same! The verity of breakfast was good, there was a decent selection however we enjoy eggs with our breakfast and the scrammpled eggs just weren't good enough! We then went down on the third morning and decided not to have eggs and very thing was ok! We ate dinner in the restuarnt twice, which was editable, and filled a hole, however was very bland, not much options, and really poor quality I'm afraid to say! To be honest I wouldn't eat in the hotel again! But might stay again

Loved the staff all very friendly on reception

Easy access to the airport although the airport shuffle we...
    • Superior Twin Room

The restaurant setup-as we were arriving later in the evening, 7pm, we didn't know if we would be eating in the restaurant, so didn't prebook...also it was a Thursday. We went to the restaurant & the girl said 'hmmm..ok but the service will be slower than the norm as we have 2 tour groups in'! I understand that business has to be looked after but it's up to the hotel to ensure that they have sufficient staff to cater for both..unfair on the staff also..they weren't unfriendly & apologised that the service wasn't to the standard they would normally like to give...my point...the reception should have advised the restaurant was going to be busy....just seems to be a lack of communication internally.

Easy access to the airport although the airport shuffle we had prebooked & was confirmed at check in, the next morning wasnt there, and never appeared & we were delayed by 20 mins leaving-the hotel then called a cab which they paid for, but a stress when you have an early morning flight you don't need. If you offer a service it should be 100% functional.

We had brief but enjoyable stay and would stay here again.
    • Executive Double Room

We enjoyed staying in the Carlton and when we arrived we were very hungry and dined in the Bar. The staff were friendly and service was very quick. The menu was good value and while the portions were generous we found the food while it looked fabulous we were a bit disappointed in the taste. Would feel they need to work on the taste not just appearance and presentation! As a consequence we did not partake of breakfast in the morning and decided to dine elsewhere.

The hotel was lovely, staff were friendly and helpful. The location suited our needs on the occasion. My daughter liked the setting close to Dublin but not in the city, we are country bumpkins. The ensuite was also lovely I always prefer the bath seperate from the shower. We were very happy.

My trip was all that I expected it to be. Relaxing and got the job done in a pleasant sorrounding.

The price.

Location go Blancharstown Shopping Centre and airport and cinema. My trip involved a trip to the airport to see my daughter off to the Middle East and I therefore needed some retail pick me up. I also had a work appointment which was set in a pleasant environment.

Poor

Everything above

Getting seating was extremely hard at breakfast as they were very understaffed. When we eventually got seen to there was a very long wait in the queue. This was because there simply was no food for the guests to get. As a result, people were waiting for sausages, bacon, eggs, it was an absolute joke. My wife and I eventually give up in the queue and didn't even wait for breakfast. We asked at reception for local mass times and train times, and the girl behind the reception looked at us with a blank expression and could not answer any of the questions, and made no attempt to find out. Any hotel I have ever been in is a wealth of local information in reception. For a 4* hotel, it is the worst I have ever stayed in. On the plus side, the room was nice, but massively overpriced for what it was, especially due to the fact breakfast wasn't even included in the price. Overall, poor experience. Even checking in was a drama

Good hotel and staff.
    • Superior Twin Room

A bit expensive (€139 not including breakfast) ... bar staff a little standoffish ...

Very good staff on at check in ... Comfortable beds and good showers. Bar staff a little abrupt (bar one very polite Indian chap who is very polite!) Good location and secure, free parking.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

on my way to the aeroport

none

The staff were very friendly, caring, very professionally. i will definetely recommended my friends and family to stay at the hotel as it is not a rip of hotel like others in Dublin. thanks to the lovely german tourist i met there.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Average.have been in it more family friendly hotels.

The ceramic lamps in the room had to moved so our toddler couldn't pull them down.they were easy got as the wires were low.

Great selection of food for breakfast.

Short

The fact I felt fleeced on the price

Overpriced at 240 euro (room only)as u2 in Dublin, seems Dublin had the disgraceful title of being the most expensive city to stay in on the u2 world tour, leaves a very poor impression of the city

Too pricey for poor service in an industrial park setting

Too expensive for what you get. The front desk service was extremely poor. It took us a full 45 minutes to check in, due to several mix-ups with our booking and the staff member's inability to work the computer system -- for instance, she attempted to charge us full price for the children's breakfasts, "because they are listed as adults and I can't change that", even though our 8- and 11-year old daughters were standing right in front of her. She was in my view perhaps the rudest staff I've ever dealt with during a lifetime of international travel. Additionally the dining options were poor -- even the pub kitchen closed at 10 pm, and no other shops nor other restaurants were to be found within walking distance, due to the hotel's location in a large field next to an industrial park. The target market appears to be large bus tour groups, evidenced by the enormous check-in queues each afternoon.

The bed was comfortable, the bathroom clean; the window would open safely to allow ventilation at night. The breakfast buffet included a "continental" (cold) option, which I appreciated.

Nice stay but would go elsewhere for good

Cost was €315 for two nights which didn't include breakfast. This was a good price for Dublin, however we were charged €30 breakfast for two adults and a 22mth old, thought this was excessive especially that a toddler was charged. Had two meals in the bar and portion size was so unbelievably small. Loved the hotel but overall good portion and price was disappointing.

Hotel was beautiful, very clean, staff were helpful and friendly, room was spacious.

excellent stay.

if there had to be a criticism as far as I can remember I could not get the wifi going. I was unable to either connect or stay connected. but that's a small issue. if I was really bothered I would have asked for help oh the signs coming to the hotel was really poor. we were lost and were given directions and even though we were only down the road some of the signs to the hotel were really small and one was pointed the wrong way. that was annoying

breakfast was best I have had in any hotel. so much choice, I wanted a bit of everything. room was great, and we checked in early due to very early arrival and we got a room straight away which never happens, so we were delighted. dinner time we ate in the bar and even though we only had fish and chips it was one of the nicest we had anywhere. and it does help that every single staff member was really friendly and funny too. just a great place to stay if we needed to go that direction again, we would recommend it highly