Reviews of Carnegie Court Hotel 3 stars

North Street, Swords, Ireland

#11 of 14 hotels in Swords

• Double or Twin Room

coffee in buffet bar too strong had to dilute it, however coffee in bar was excellent. Pillows a bit too firm.

The room wasn't too hot and able to open windows if needed, waitress at breakfast very attentive, good service. bar staff very friendly and helpful when asked for directions to Malahide. Great parking and outdoor decking seating area lovely as was whole décor throughout the hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms were a bit of a let down condsidering the price & when the hotel itself is so nice. Spotlessly clean but a little cramped with furniture & space was a premium. Shower wasn't great

The hotel, the bar, the food & the staff

• Double or Twin Room

THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS FANTASTIC, STAFF WERE BRILLIANT AND FRIENDLY FOOD WAS TOP CLASS WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO MY FRIENDS AND WILL BE STAYING THERE AGAIN IN THE NEAR FUTURE

• Double or Twin Room

There was water damage all over the ceiling and mold growing along the wet marks. The toilet didnt want to flush half the time because the handle was loose. Some one was smoking marijuana on our non smoking floor.

The bar was awesome and the receptionist and workers were lovely and friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

The bathtub tile could have used a good scrub, but bathroom mildew seemed to be an issue in almost all of the hotels we stayed in on our trip around Ireland.

Very close to the airport and downtown Swords. Only a 25 Euro cab ride from downtown Dublin. Staff was extremely helpful and the room was large a clean. Restaurant had a lovely carvery for dinner and breakfast was extremely good.

• Double or Twin Room

Room was not best for one night 166 euros bath tape was loose shower was not clean there was only 7 channels on the tv for that price we should had stopped n a travel lodge would have been cheaper

just the food in the bar and staff were nice

No kettle/tea facilities in room . Level of finish could be higher. Head board a bit noisey, and i was by myself if there was a couple ?

Excellent parking. Great staff. Excellent location.

• Double or Twin Room

Wifi was not working. Manager made a commitment to call me in my room to explain the scenario but never called. This is extremely poor customer service.

• Double or Twin Room

Room was very cold and the heater did not heat it up. Hairdryer was in a drawer which was not within reach of any mirror - why do Hôtels do that?

Location was good for my purposes. Staff were very friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

Fire alarm at 7.30. No apologie and an explanation of “at least the alarm is working” breakfast should be included for the price. Way over priced in general.

• Double or Twin Room

All sufficient unto the day, friendly atmosphere, v good meeting room, very good flexibility to serve us from carvery when we arrived 5 minutes after it closed officially.

• Double or Twin Room

menu in the restaurant was ok! no much variety unless your in to peppers tomatoes mushrooms and fish

location was great! shop straight across the road! no noise from our room at night

• Double or Twin Room

The pictures and price do not reflect this property. The bathrooms were ill-lit and had mooldy grout and the carpets and fabrics in room were old and worn.

• Double or Twin Room

The shower could have been hotter.

Staff here were friendly and helpful. There was a great selection for breakfast and the craic was mighty in The Harp Bar😉 The hotel was in a great location,only a 5 minute walk into the town.

• Double or Twin Room

Decor was a bit shabby .Some of the staff were not very friendly ( but others were very nice) Heating/airconditioning was very hard to work and very noisy

Good value for money.Comfortable beds.Food was good.

• Double or Twin Room

The staff at night where not so nice, although we were at a party next door and had a room for 3 people, they locked my friend and myself out in the ran as there where 2 already in the room.i tried telling them it was a room for 3 with a double and a single bed and the friend that was with me just wanted to get her bag and keys.....(we where a group of women) they wouldn't let us in until one of the girls who where in the room left!! Handled it badly, locking us out in the rain and sniggering inside. Also the room was very old fashioned with no frills whatsoever, the noise of the pipes when you turned on the tap was insane!!

The staff during the day were nice

• Double or Twin Room

We ate in the restuarant and the meal was beautiful. we had a supprise party here and the staff where fab. We got a room only rate of 129 euro. its a bit exspensive considering it was just for the room. next time i would ring hotel first to see have they any special offers 😉

• Double or Twin Room

We got allocated room 100 It was freezing cold but there were 2 mobile electric radiators in room One had a wheel missing So that wasn't so mobile The bathroom was like an igloo The cable on the radiator didn't reach the bathroom unfortunately The hot water wasn't working So we had to wait till we got home to shower Complained to reception in the morning but got nowhere with them Will not stay again

It was central to swords and secure parking

• Double or Twin Room

Only problem was there was no central heating on the rooms, or corridors, just a little dimplex oil heater in the large room which clicks all night as the oil heats and cools, or an overhead blow heater which is too noisy to sleep with, so it has to be turned off. Stayed here 5th Jan. Woke up with my nose freezing and stuffed up.

• Double or Twin Room

if i had booked direct through hotels own web site I would have saved €10 and breakfast would have been included as my colleagues did. I don't think I'll be using Booking's.com again

Hotel, staff and facilities were great

• Double or Twin Room

Prices for rooms varied a lot depending on how you booked it

Room very nice very comfortable very clean really enjoyed my stay only sorry it was only one night

• Double or Twin Room

I lived in Swords for a year, so this stay was a trip down the memory lane. When I booked I knew the location, it's not on the main street, but close enough to walk there in a few minutes. We loved our room that was spacious and we had two huge separate beads (twin beds, more like one King and one Queen bed), a clean and nice bathroom. Breakfast was great and the staff very attentive. If you have a sleepover when travelling in Dublin and want a cheaper and comfortable night outside city centre, I really recommend this hotel.

• Double or Twin Room

The bedrooms were old fashioned and tatty cigarette burns on locker and carpet.when leaving the receptionist tried to charge us for a phone call that we didn't make

The food was excellent

• Double or Twin Room

we had food in the bar.....we sat near the kitchen....the server and chef were fighting ...we could hear everything.....my wife got chicken caesar salad..about 3 dirty leaves of salad and greasy chicken...I got a roast turkey dinner..........for €13.95 i couldn't find the meat on the plate and microwaved veg...a total rip off

the hotel is real old and needs a re fit......we stayed in bedroom 101............the bathroom was disgusting..................

• Double or Twin Room

Pillows were not very comfortable. There was no ability to make hot water in the room to make tea.

Restaurant was very accommodating when we arrived near closing time. Breakfast was also good.

• Double or Twin Room

The room was large and comfortable and when we informed staff that we had requested a walk in shower, we were immediately moved to a larger room with a disabled bathroom. The breakfast was excellent with a wide range available.

• Double or Twin Room

They had a VERY loud music throbbing events the hotel bar that night. We couldn’t get to sleep...from our room everything was heard LOUDLY. Who could sleep hearing an extremely loud version of Irish keroke singing songs like ‘ I did it my way’ It was wildly too loud..singing, laughing, throbbing beat very late into night. I can’t believe the neighborhood doesn’t complain.

Restaurant and bar employees worked very hard and diligently. We had to wait over an hour for our dinner...but I think the kitchen is just too overwhelmed. It is a huge place.

• Double or Twin Room

Everything. Staff very nice. Hotel dated and won't be going there soon"!!!!

Not a lot, needing a facelift asked for heat and no joy. Room very cold asked for heat again no joy. Went home one day early as we were cold and tired having slept very little due to cold room and not too comfy beds.

• Double or Twin Room

Extremely noisy! From hotel smoke alarms starting stopping at 7.30am to roudy drunks singing shouting swearing right outside the door, glasses being broken, even my door handle being tried, doors banging people coming and going along the corridor up till 3.30am. When told the management the next morning all they said was we apologise, where were any security, I know there was at least one as I heard them cleaning up the glass, their walker talkie was so loud and crackly which already added to the noise! I stay in this area every month, first time at this hotel, definitely the last, at nearly 200 Euro a night...definitely not worth it even without the sleepless nights! Bedroom was clean enough even though dated.

Decent location,

• Double or Twin Room

Fan in room was very loud causing disruption to sleep.

Receptionist was friendly, beds were comfy, transport was easily accessible, beautiful hotel. The club is beautiful.

• Double or Twin Room

On the second week, as I entered my room, I found it incredibly noisy (noise as the centrifuge of a very loud washing machine). I returned to reception and they advised that the noise was due to the kitchen fan yet on (they would set this off at 22.00). Upon switching this off, the noise disappeared.The second night, again the same noise .I bore it till I finished my work, but it was impossible to sleep. I called reception multiple times , nobody ever answered. I could not sleep for most of the night. The morning after I complained - they told me the issue would be resolved. When I returned the evening, I asked if the issue was resolved. The lady at the reception said the fan was off, but when i entered the room the noise was yet there... so strong, that the bed was trembling. I called reception again... anyway, to cut long story short, I had to change the room as the noise seemed caused by a boiler this time... The guy in service at that point of time apologized multiple times. He seemed very uneasy with the situation as he would be already aware that this is a common issue for that room. Although i was very annoyed, I felt almost sorry for him.

I was guest at this hotel for two trips in consecutive weeks and I loved the fact that on my return the lady at the reception recognized me by name and lady at the breakfast would know my preferences. Above all, Kevin , at the reception, is really a sweet and genuine person. He was very kind, gave me good advise about restaurants and tried his best to apologize for the inconveniences I had. I also dined for a couple of nights. Food is fine , although a bit pricey. Restaurant service is good.

• Double or Twin Room

Noise from a "Debs" or "Prom" party above our room kept us awake until late.

Nice bright atmosphere, helpful staff. Good location, 10 mins walk from Swords Centre.

• Double or Twin Room

It was a bit noisey though there was a wedding celebration down stairs when we stayed

The position of the hotel was fantastic, close to airport and in the close proximity to the Pavilion Shopping Center. The room was a very good size and facilities were very good

Seemed quite expensive.

10 minutes drive from the airport so very convenient. Comfortable clean hotel. We were only there for a few hours to sleep so didn't get to experience much other than the beds.

• Double or Twin Room

No tea/coffee facilities in the room. Asked for a drink, member of staff said go and sit down and then left us so we went to our room.

Very central to town, excellent bus service, close to airport.

• Double or Twin Room

I was under the impression that breakfast was included in my booking and was very put out that I had to pay extra on top for this. Having paid good money for a 2 night stay and also eating at the hotel on the evenings this was a little money grabbing in my mind.

General hotel was excellent and staff very attentive

• Double or Twin Room

Our room was beside a function room.it was after 3am when we could get some.sleep due to the loud noises and shouting and nd singing coming from the.room very disappointing

The bar and staff were very friendly

• Double or Twin Room

Stayed here as our final stop after a month of travelling. Initially booked just for airport proximity and not having to drive back into Dublin city, but after spending some of the day over in Malahide we were happily surprised by this hotel. Warm, friendly staff. Big room - clean, comfortable, quiet. Excellent bar for drinks and food - nice, relaxing way to end our trip. Plenty of parking which is validated when you check out.

The service was excellent! Everyone was friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the lively atmosphere with the Irish music that evening, the excellent dinner and I was thankful to have such a restful sleep. The room was comfortable, quiet and clean, and I was glad to have a short taxi ride to the airport the next morning. Great location!

• Double or Twin Room

Very noisy hotel. When a party is booked the music/noise is heard in the hotel rooms and continued past 2300 hours. Lunch in the bar was dry and tasteless. Dinner in the restaurant was very good.

This Hotel finshed our Ireland road trip and was located close to the airport for an early morning flight. It is a good quality hotel with a large resturant with several bars, Parking is on site

• Double or Twin Room

The noise from the function room at night was terrible and went on until the early hours of the morning. Then the cleaners started clearing tables and chairs in the function room which went on until nearly 5 a.m. No sleep was had at all!

Breakfast was superb and the reception staff, very helpful and friendly.

• Double or Twin Room

Great location near Swords CBD. Restaurant onsite and nearby. Petrol station across street from hotel. 10-12 minutes to DUB airport by car. If traveling on Air lingus with early departure you can drop off your check bags the night before between 5-8pm then move straight to security that morning. Easy

The hotel restaurant was very good for dinner. The hotel was close to the Dublin airport so the taxi was reasonable. Everything was clean and comfortable. We really didn't have any special requests but the staff was very nice and the rooms were clean and quiet. The hotel formal restaurant didn't open until I think 4 or 5pm so the day we were going back to the airport we ate lunch at a restaurant connected to the same property which was also very good. They made custom sandwiches to your order including some hand carved meats. No issues at all with the stay and would certainly stay there again.

• Double or Twin Room

Short walking distance to restaurants, pubs and shopping in the Swords City Centre as well as the Swords Castle ruins. Pub and Restaurant also on-site for those that would like to dine on premises. 10-minute drive to airport.

• Double or Twin Room

The only thing we didn't like was that 2 nights of the 4 during our stay, the lounge we preferred was reserved for what appeared to be a cocktail reception for people staying on business. Most of them only stayed about 30 -45 minutes then left leaving the lounge we would have like to be in empty but unavailable.

Very convenient to take the bus into Dublin City the stop was literally right outside the door. Also very close to Dublin airport. The property itself was lovely and offered several dining options from casual to more formal. The food was great and they also had entertainment several nights a week. We chose this property for all of the above reasons. It was very nice to just relax and not have to drive for food or entertainment after a busy day of sight seeing. Have already recommended Carnegie Court to a few people who are thinking of staying in or near Dublin City.

Room wasn't ready when we arrived but wasn't a problem. Our bathroom in 227 needed TLC around the shower. Very dark when you closed the curtain too. We booked on booking.com and the price was more when we got to the hotel. £253 when we booked on line but was charged £276.60. Did ask why, But they said it must be a charge from the credit card company. We will see when our bill comes. If it was the exchange rate we should have still paid £253.

loved that everything was on site. Hotel ,Restaurant. Harp Pub.

• Double or Twin Room

Very expensive for the quality of room, wind howling through the window's so we had to resort to jamming papers in them, room was freezing it worked for Tha 1 night stay but glad I didn't book 2 nights, €170 was too much fir the quality.

• Double or Twin Room

It was very busy in the restaurant/bar with their Sunday carvery lunch and this was all that was on offer food-wise, you couldn't order anything different like a sandwich etc. It's not my thing but people seemed to be enjoying it so it might be nice.

The staff at the front desk were helpful, it was a good location for our needs (airport) and the rooms were big. The full breakfast was very good, with lots of options and big portions.

• Double or Twin Room

The only thing we missed was a vegan option on the menu. The reason we did not eat at the destination was that we didn't find anything suitable on the menu and did not want to inconvenience them.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, a nice, big, clean and quiet room on the weekend.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Thought the basic price was a little high ......

Clean and comfortable. Room was a good size and also had opening windows which allowed plenty of fresh air into the room - most rooms seem to be sealed these days with poor ventilation. Restaurant was excellent with good service and reasonable pricing

• Double or Twin Room

Staff cleaning of the room consisted of changing the sheets and clean towels - dirty glasses were left on the end table and crumbs on the floor had not been vacuumed. The pillows felt like sleeping on a board - hard and stiff - the mattress had plastic lined mattress covers that made it hot and sticky, there was no top sheets, just the comforter - which I was hoping was cleaned before our stay... The air conditioning did not cool the room - we opened the windows to get some cool air. Front desk staff was pleasant, but staff in restaurant was unpleasant. We paid for the inclusion of breakfast - which was a choice of various entries - Irish Breakfast, porridge, etc. and a cold breakfast buffet also. The photo on booking.com makes it look like they are located on a quaint courtyard of an Irish village - it is actually the parking lot. During my trip to Ireland, I spent a bit more for a hotel and received much more luxurious accommodations - I would recommend the same to anyone else. ONLY positive here was the close proximity to the airport.

The property was 5 minutes from the airport - very convenient for our early morning flight

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

None.

To be honest we arrived really late off the boat from Holyhead but at least reception was open and checking in no problem. We were only there 6/7 hours so no real chance to explore but room was really comfy, had tea/coffee facilities, ironing board etc. Good breakfast which was extra and overall no issues. Car parking was good and voucher issued by hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Having to step into bath for shower being elderly and disabled it is quite difficult

Staff helpful and polite nothing to much trouble for you to enjoy your stay

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Double or Twin Room

This hotel is 5 minutes from the Dublin airport- we had an early flight the next morning so was perfect to stay there. The food and drinks at the onsite pub were good!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

The breakfast could have had a bigger range of fruit. Otherwise everything else was excellent.

The room was quiet even though it was near the road. The breakfast was good although I would have liked a bigger range of fruit.

• Double or Twin Room

Good customer service overall but, it was a bit disappointing that when I rang the hotel directly they had no availability, yet I could book a double room with single occupancy via booking.com within 5 mins of ending the phone call.

Staff were very accommodating, good customer service

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Rooms are a little dated with the furnishing. No other facilities in terms of swimming pool or spa but nice hotel for a few nights stopover.

Good breakfast and food in the restaurant was nice too. Free car parking and free wifi. Clean room and bathroom. Comfortable bed. Good location - city centre is a bus ride away.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Unlike the young woman in the bar the manner of the gentleman at reception wasn't particularly welcoming

The young woman in the bar was really friendly and helpful

• Double or Twin Room

The front desk staff were not overly friendly or helpful. There are a few restaurants/pubs within walking distance, nothing else to explore (nothing was suggested to us by the hotel staff).

The staff in the restaurant and bar were very friendly. The hotel is about 11 minutes drive from the airport. Parking and wifi were included.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Staff are very slow at Breakfast waiting 5 minutes for anyone to appear and another 5-10 for breakfast to arrive. not sure if they understand people don't like their time being wasted. When checking out the person behind the counter didn't acknowledge my presence for a period of time even though there was no one else there.

• Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was very nice and hot. Kevin on Reception was very helpful as we could not get the heating to the correct temperature and he sorted it out very quickly.

• Double or Twin Room

It was a long walk down several halls and through several hallway doors from our room to the elevator. Not really a problem because it was also very quiet when occupancy was high.

The food was delicious. The staff at the front desk and in the restaurants and bar areas were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Only downfall that I did have woth the hotel is that where our room was the music from the bar was very loud.

Staff where very helpful for the time we walked in to the time we left any questions had no problem answering them.

• Double or Twin Room

The rooms are pretty dated. Stayed for a nearby family party which was the only reason we paid the room rate - pricey for the type of hotel and location.

The bar food was pretty good. Staff were friendly. Beds were comfy.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

A lot of creaky noises coming from my ceiling (assuming from people upstairs) and maid staff supply room was across from my room and they can be pretty loud talking amongst themselves.

Location was convenient and room was comfortable

• Double or Twin Room

The second bed in our room was the squeakiest bed ever

The receptionist on checkin tried to take payment after I had already paid when making the booking... Black and white pudding seriously undercooked even though I asked for it to be well done

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Hotel had no hot water at 9pm in the evening we arrived and could not get bathed & dressed to go out for our one night stay. Informed staff was told manager would deal with it but absolutely nothing was done. We had to purchase bottle of Sparkling wine and sit in room all night. Its a great way for hotel to make extra money. Never seen anything like it before in a City Hotel near airport. No reason was given but I suspect to save money boiler was off. Manager promised to address but they did nothing at all. I would not recommend this Hotel at all at hot water is a basic necessity Peter Grimes

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Double or Twin Room

We booked.by visa debit on bookin.com.on arrival the lady on reception demanded e100 deposit because we were paying by cash.ludicrous in 2017 that they cannot trust their calibre of guests..

Location was great beds comfy.bar lovely and quaint.food was very tasty would recommemd steak sandwitch.great cocktail menu and a very helpful bar man who even took dietary requirements into making us our cocktails.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

As I had a friend in a wheelchair it was a bit of a problem as there were no automatic doors in the hotel and bit of a struggle getting through doors .. car park had only one disabled space and when taken a bit of a problem getting wheelchair and friend out of the car in case I would knock cars parked beside me ..

Staff were very friendly .. rooms were cleaned daily to a high standard by a very friendly lady .. lovely outdoor seating .. very central to Swords

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Lift smelled really bad of vomit, carpet not a good idea in a lift. Hotel decor a bit dated, creaky floorboards, bathrooms in need of updating.

Very nice and friendly staff. breakfast was the highlight it was really good. Bed was comfortable. Perfect for an overnight where your just basically sleeping there.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

• Double or Twin Room

Upon check-in, no internet at reception to pay for room had to come back few times to check, also upon check-in the first time no mention of a €100 cash deposit only after went back second or third time made us feel like unwanted and untrusted guests

Not much

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Double or Twin Room

There is a night club so we could hear music til quite late from our first floor room. Did not bother us too much but maybe others would be less tolerant.

Really lovely helpful staff who actually look like they enjoy their job.the other customers also super friendly. Even got invited to a party by a lady who was celebrating her birthday in the hotel! We declined as we were going to the movies in the town but how nice is that!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

There was a wedding on and our room was beside the function so we were kept awake all night between the music and then other customers going back to there rooms till almost 5in the morning.

Staff were very friendly

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Couldn't fault anything

We were greeted by a very friendly man on reception and our room was so nice and comfortable and the bed was huge. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was fantastic. Had a few drinks in the bar which was cosy and a great atmosphere. Will definitely be back again